Exercise! - Would Mini Exercises Work?

View Full Version : Would Mini Exercises Work?

manyo
06-03-2012, 12:12 AM
I want to exersize but I don't seem to find the time for a 30mins running workout anymore. I usually ran at 6.5 MPH for 30mins to lose around 390 calories on the treadmill. But what if I ran for 5mins a day for 6 times at 6.5 MPH to get a total of 30mins. Would there be a problem in terms of weight loss or calories lost or it would be the same thing just more into my schedule?

LockItUp
06-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I'd say whatever you do is a heck of a lot better than nothing, so go for it!

dstalksalot
06-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Good excersize is the one you will do, however, I don't think you will get as good of a heart rate boost.

RazzleBerry
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I work long 15 hour days, 3 times per week. When I get home, there's no way I want to workout. When I'm not working, I'm either studying for school or chasing my 3 little kids around. I don't have a lot of free time. So while I'm at work, I'll take 5 minutes in the bathroom and do 25 jumping jacks, 25 squats, and 25 wall push ups. I do this 3 times during the day.

That was the only exercise I got last week and I lost 2.5 pounds! It's working for now!

DietVet
06-03-2012, 01:40 PM
You'll burn a few calories and it won't hurt.

Do you think you could do 10 minutes though, instead of 5? My instincts (and it's only instinct) suggest that you'd get a greater cardio-vascular benefit from slightly longer workouts.

JohnP
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Research has shown that you need about 20 minutes of an elevated heart rate 3 times a week to get most of the cardio vascular benefit from exercise.

It also shows that whether it is 20 continuous minutes or split up makes no difference.

So if what you're doing will result in an elevated HR for 20 minutes than yes it would "work".