Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Extreme Craving!

Hi,

I am not sure if you would call this an eating disorder or not, but I have an extreme craving for peanut butter... Aggggggggg
Can someone tell me what my body may be needing to get rid of this craving?

Thanks in advance,
jrshell
Old 03-29-2003, 01:53 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Protein.....I get the same cravings, but for peanuts. If I eat some chicken or an egg, Im usually ok
Old 03-30-2003, 07:53 PM   #3  
friend in need

Is peanut butter one of those things that you were taught was a really bad thing to eat? I always crave what they told or tell me I can't have?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  

To be honest I never bothered to eat peanut butter very often at all. It's just since I started Atkins that I can't seem to get enough. It's really beginning to annoy me as well. I am thinking seriously about giving up Atkins and going back to WW.

Thanks for your reply
Old 03-31-2003, 12:12 PM   #5  
Enjoying a new beginning

Hi Jrshell... I did Atkins for quite awhile and found it was just too restrictive for me. I think weirdo had a very good point about forbidden foods. I certainly get rebellious when I'm told not to eat *****. Doing Atkins I craved fruit and toast with jelly. I've swithched to Sugar Busters and find it a much more realistic program. I'll probably lose weight slower but that's ok. On SB you can have unsweetened peanut butter and nuts. Perhaps a program change is just the cure for your cravings.... Lori
Closed Thread