Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ JUNE

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ JUNE

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I just realized when I was posting in the May thread that today is actually the first of June, so it's time to start a new thread. So here it is ... I think I will start it off with that nice Youtube I posted there; a great way to initiate this new month, I think.

At 53 y/y; this is my life! I was just telling some of my family today that I have been dreaming of putting a recliner in our bathroom. ;) Enjoy ...

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/6dbBfXCMbH4?rel=0

bargoo
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
That is great ! I'll tell my older friends about it.LOL!

EZMONEY
06-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Angie and I got a kick out of that ROSEBUD...Thank-You!

Blondee51
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I loved that!! I laughed out loud when I saw the keys in the fridge...because I do that...on purpose, to "remind" me...to take my lunch to work!:rofl: That was funny, thought provoking and so relevant to us of a certain age! Thanks for the post:cp:

My Mom is much better and I am so thankful for all the prayers...God heard and answered. She's eating again, staying awake and alert more, using her walker and sounds stronger. Her nurse will be back Tuesday and bring the therapist then. He didn't get to come on Friday. I'm taking her my walker to try out and I found her a potty chair, almost new, at Goodwill so am taking that too.

God had to help me get it in the trunk of my car this morning as I was taking it in for an oil change and inspection before work and uhm...didn't want it flopping around in the back seat. God has been my strength every day and for every task...and I praise Him for new mercies each morning!

I'll be going over to Mom's tomorrow after work and stay until Wednesday. I am looking forward to it. It's been a long week (co-worker on vacation) but it's been a great one, considering!
I have loads of posting/filing to do and want to clear my desk by 5:00...I love my job and I have an opportunity to pray for others, as needs are brought to my attention...and even if I don't know what they are...God does...like one little fellow this morning..he's having to go to Dallas three times a week for dialysis..another is having colon surgery the 8th...I am blessed to be here...and to work for a Christian family.

Be blessed this coming week everyone...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers daily!:grouphug:Bren

EZMONEY
06-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Here are the pics of the new kitchen ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/260306-i-wish-she-had-bigger-rack.html

debra55
06-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Here I am, desperate with 225 blood sugar reading and that's with insulin and a pill..All prayers are welcome and I look forward to getting to know everyone..Tomorrow is the day I start a new healthy lifestyle..Pray that I can get through tomorrow..Debra

melodyjoy
06-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Y'all! I'm a new chickie and really enjoying this web site. I was glad to find this Christian Encourager forum. It's always nice to find other believers to connect with. Rosebud, I really got a kick out of that video. At age 52, I just begun to experience some of those issues. Having a sense of humor about helps everything :lol:. Thanks for being here and I look forward to getting to know everyone. :wave:

Blondee51
06-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Good morning all....
Welcome debra and melodyjoy...Debra, I am with you on the challenges of diabetes control and will definately have you on my prayer list. I have the same issues and am still on just pills, but have poor control. I know this is doable...I just haven't done it yet.
melodyjoy...I fully agree...humor is a gift and I am so glad for it. It's one of many ways God lightens our load and brightens our day.

I have laundry in and will get my cleaning done before work...and pack for Mom's. I'll "see" you all when I return. I'm going to go check out the kitchen now!
Blessings to all...
Bren

bargoo
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome , melodyjoy and debra, you have come to a great place for inspiration.debra, praying that you will be able to get your diabetes under control.

terilaine
06-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I am so excited to have a Christian support group for this! Debra55, I have the SAME issues and tomorrow is my DAY ONE. I am one of those people who have to get myself in the "mindset" in order to lose weight. I have lost small amounts in the past, but now I am much more vested in achieving this goal. My sugars are out of control (my fault!) and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!! I have got to get things under control. I love to shop and I hate trying on clothes anymore. Can I stuff it all in and still LOOK decent? is a question that I don't want to answer anymore. I ask that you all pray for me as I work towards this goal. I know it CAN be done! Thanks!!

bargoo
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
terilaine, welcome and good luck with getting your sugar under control. A great deal of controlling diabetes is by diet and exercise .
Praying for all who are fighting this disease, I have it in my family , also.

Blondee51
06-03-2012, 12:00 PM
:hug:Welcome terilaine and honey, you have good company in this boat...We have the tools for survival and God's wisdom and grace so we can step up, grab an oar and start rowing! You'll be in my prayers also:cheer3:

Yippee! I got in the pool for the first time and got to play all by myself. I loved it. I take my noodle to the deep end so I can exercise the feet and arms and just hang around.:swim:It felt wonderful~ I didn't get in it at all last year because of the heat. We had over 100 temps for 72 days in a row. Breathing was a chore. BUT...there are those in places much hotter...Arizona for example and I just thank God for AC every day. I didn't have a suit anyway, since I'd put my best one in the Goodwill box I guess and gave it away.:?::rollpin: Yep, I was gonna lose the weight and wouldn't need it anymore...:rofl:This is a NEW year and I am NOT giving up...
I did buy two new suits so that wasn't an excuse this year. I told myself I may not be "cute" but I'm getting in that pool!:carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
:welcome: DEBRA, MELODYJOY, and TERILAINE ~ Yes, diabetes and pre-diabetes runs in our family too; that's why my last doctor wanted to help me get things under control (about 1/2 dozen years ago when I first joined this site) to avoid it getting worse. I was on Metformin pills for about 3 years while I worked on the diet and exercise. I have been off the meds for about 3 years now and doing fine.

Will gladly send up some ^prayers^ for you ladies as you work on a healthier lifestyle. Just remember to take it one-day-at-a-time: it's not about over-restriction and perfection -- just practicing how to make better choices. You will make some mistakes: so just try to learn from them and keep going. Aim for about 75-90% success, which is very doable; and with PRACTICE, you'll get better over time.

BLONDEE ~ good for you braving the swimming pool -- glad you had some fun. Have a good time visiting with your mother this weekend.

GARY ~ as stated in your "other" thread, loved the renovations in the kitchen (house); you all did a superb job!!! Love it.

Glad you all enjoyed that video; my Aunt sent it to me, and I have been passing it along. There is nothing like "a sense of humor" to help us through difficult times (esp as we age) -- I tell that to my DH all the time. GOD must have a marvellous sense of humor becuz he created us, and gave us that wonderful gift!

We are having turkey thighs with sweet potatoes, and a mix of other veggies for dinner tonight. Plus, I will be baking Dh some Oatmeal muffins and banana loaves for his snacks this afternoon. We have had :rain: here all weekend, so staying indoors pretty much. Have a Super Serene Sunday everyone ... :flow2:

EZMONEY
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Most basic and central to the Christian truth is the affirmation of one God who reveals Himself to us in the Three Persons of the Trinity--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

This is the great mystery of the faith and one in which we confess not by reason of our understanding but by reason of God's clear revelation in the Scriptures. Because we live in such a diverse age, it is even more important to us that we join the faithful confession of the Holy trinity.

This truth is often misunderstood but is part of the essential revelation of God that Jesus has made known to us. Apart from this God there is no other.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, June is here and GOD has sent us some nice June-like temps to go with it -- in the 70's F today and that is expected for the whole week. We actually had a tiny sprinkle of :rain: earlier too. It is strange to be :sunny: one minute, then have some :rain: the next, and guess what? It's :sunny: again! But it is kinda neato as well.

We picked up some more berry plants on sale this week -- 3 blueberry and 3 blackberry, so that should round out my berry patch nicely. The wind knocked over my 2-year blueberry bush but it is A-OK. We hope to transplant them all this week, if the night temps stay above freezing long enuff.

DH finally found my garden stuff, including my implements and last year's seed. Now I have a big stock up, but will try to grow some in planters to use them up. One of my friends grew dozens of pots one year and did very well.
I planted the front gardens yesterday afternoon, and we'll do the barrels tomorrow AM, if the weather is nice enuff. It should be cooler then anyways.

My eating has been really good this week; very glad for that. Hope everyone is having a great first week of June out there; take care ... :flow2:

auntnelly
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow June is already a week old and I'm just finding the June thread. I was excited to see some new folks and I hope that they along with us all, can move forward to a more healthy tomorrow.

I have been watching my calories closer, unfortunately that doesn't always equal eating balanced meals, but I have lost a pound and a half in the last 2 weeks, which may or may not mean a thing, so I am waiting to see if it is just a fluctuation.

Our rain has quit again and the heat is back. Our garden won't make it much longer without more rain :( Gotta run for now.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-06-2012, 07:16 PM
NELLY ~ One time DH and I lived on my DAD's farm for about 3 years. We had no well or water source there except for Mother Nature. We had eavestroughs on two sides of the little cottage that we rented there; and the rain gathered in the barrels at each end. We used this for washing, cleaning, and watering our garden. Sometimes, I would even stand under it and have a shower (not in my buff; I wore a light shift). ;)

Then we hired a man to dig us a cistern right beside our garden: this is a rectangle hole like a mini man-made pond, but it's very deep in the center; and here they are called "shallow wells". Whenever it rained, the cistern would fill up (it also had overflow trenches: one towards the garden and one away). We only used this to water our garden and greenhouse, and it never ran out of water. We used a pail on a rope to pull the water up, and it worked marvellously for us. The guy only charged us $40 bucks to dig it with his backhoe. Then we put a fence around it (for safety) with wood poles (cores & slats) that a local company gave us for free.

I had forgotten about that until you mentioned that you needed rain again. Just another true story from our homesteading days. Still sending up ^prayers^ that GOD will send more rain to the mid-west U.S. :D

bargoo
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I remember my grandmother talking about using rainwater for washing and bathing. She said there was nothing like it for shampooing you hair, it is soft water and as you say collected in a rain barel.

Rose Centered
06-07-2012, 10:40 AM
This is Day 1 for me. I know what I should be doing health-wise, but have trouble sticking with it. God's response to my faith crisis was to find a support group. I am looking forward to the encouragement of 3FC.

bargoo
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Welcome and good luck ! You will find a great group here.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-07-2012, 11:22 PM
:welcome: ROSE ~ ya, that's the hard part all right -- sticking with the plan, but with practice and time ... it can get better. We'll try to support you as much as we can ... :D

BARGOO ~ oh yes, rain water is fabulous for washing your hair; I used that all the time there.

We've had a very busy day today. This AM, DH and I built our own water hose rack -- I designed it and then we built together. I learned "how" to use a skill saw today but DH did the final sawing as he was concerned. ;) That took us to about 1 pm, but we saved ourselves over $50.00 by making our own. We just used some leftover pieces of lumber that we had from our deck.

Then some good old friends from out of town came over to visit for the evening. They used to live here but moved away. It was really nice to see them again, and we had a happy time reminiscing. It was :hot: and :sunny: here all day but it started pouring :rain: here late this evening, so our friends had to grab a taxi, as they had to walk to the other side of town where they are staying. Better than getting drenched. ;)

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... :flow2:

Rose Centered
06-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Welcome and good luck ! You will find a great group here.

Thanks!:flow1:

Rose Centered
06-08-2012, 06:34 AM
:welcome: ROSE ~ ya, that's the hard part all right -- sticking with the plan, but with practice and time ... it can get better. We'll try to support you as much as we can ... :D

BARGOO ~ oh yes, rain water is fabulous for washing your hair; I used that all the time there.

We've had a very busy day today. This AM, DH and I built our own water hose rack -- I designed it and then we built together. I learned "how" to use a skill saw today but DH did the final sawing as he was concerned. ;) That took us to about 1 pm, but we saved ourselves over $50.00 by making our own. We just used some leftover pieces of lumber that we had from our deck.

Then some good old friends from out of town came over to visit for the evening. They used to live here but moved away. It was really nice to see them again, and we had a happy time reminiscing. It was :hot: and :sunny: here all day but it started pouring :rain: here late this evening, so our friends had to grab a taxi, as they had to walk to the other side of town where they are staying. Better than getting drenched. ;)

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... :flow2:

Thanks! I'm loving this beautiful Friday morning~TGIF! :dancer:

EZMONEY
06-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Added on to the new kitchen this morning ;)

Assembled by Ta Taw and decal'd by Nonni :)

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff439/GLM227/New%20Addition/?action=view&current=IMG_4476.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1235.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fff439%2FGLM227%2F New%2520Addition%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIM G_4474.jpg

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Ahhh ... that's very cute, GARY! I bet the grand-daughters will :love: it ... :D

Rose Centered
06-08-2012, 05:09 PM
To EZMONEY: Very sweet little house. How old are your granddaughters?

And I adore your kitchen! What a lot of work...knocking out the walls really gives it an airy look, and the bottom-red top-white cabinets are lovely. Such a creative idea!:cp:

EZMONEY
06-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks Ladies :hug:

I can't wait for them to see it :)

ROSE CENTERED My GRANDdaughters are KAIA FAITH...aka GRANDdaughter1 who is almost 15 months old. Daughter of my son and his wife, they live 1.5 miles from me and I see her often. GRANDdaughter2...aka Claire Elaine is the daughter of my daughter and her husband...aka...kidnapper ;) She will be 3 months old today! They live about 35 miles from me, an area that can be very busy with traffic, I don't get to see her as often :(

I hope to be back this week-end to finally catch up!

Be good :)

EZMONEY
06-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Ladies :)

Taking a few minutes to catch up while Angie and I wait for GRANDdaughter1 to come over. She and Angie will be planting some herbs in the garden :)

Angie and I planted some tomatoes and zucchini in the garden after church this afternoon. Of course we just had to save some for you know who to help ;) Angie picked up a small watering can for her yesterday and a crab garden decoration :D When we ask her what does a crab do she holds her little hands out, open and closing them, saying peench-peench :)

Angie and Lara had their last bell choir performance at church until school starts up again. The bell and music choirs run the same as our school schedules and take summers off. We still have music but less of it. Of course we still have the organ and our traditional hymns every service. We don't always applause, we do so as the Spirit moves us...of course we want to every time but then that gets a little too much...and they know their performance isn't about them. But today they rocked it and got loud applause after 2 of the 3 songs...a very nice send-off for the summer.

I haven't been too busy with work the last couple of weeks. Prior to that I was going strong with work and if I had any time it was taken up with this kitchen remodel and other changes we did in the house. We are now settling in and have almost everything put back where it belongs. Angie is having a big garage sale next Saturday, what doesn't sell will do down the Amvets.

Since I wasn't busy last week with work I was able to babysit GRANDdaughter1 2 days by myself and go and visit GRANDdaughter2 and her mommy 3 days and they came up here one day. An awesome week for me!!!

Yesterday we spent the early part of the afternoon at a wedding celebration for a young man that grew up in our church. Quite fun and a lot of people from church. I have known the boy, young man now...28...since he was 7. A very nice DJ that played current songs that Angie and I listen to...yes, we listen to popular music :D The young woman, 1/2 of the DJ duo, sang some songs too. The first one was for the first dance for the bride and groom...her partner announced she would sing "AT LAST"...I cringed...thinking "OH NO!" how does a 22 yr. old, very petite, WHITE girl pull that off? :D She rocked :carrot: it!!

After that party we went to a local restaurant with about 25 family members (ours and her husbands) for a birthday party for my niece. It was cool and us guys had a good view of the TV's for the baseball, hockey and basketball games ;) But boy did I have too much food for the day! The wedding party was amazing appetizers and finger foods and plenty of them and the restaurant we ate at, Angie and I always get the salad bar, all-you-can-eat, for a couple of bucks with our entrees. We eat all we want salad bar then get leftover containers to bring home our main meals for dinner the next night :) They have no problem with you bringing home leftovers of the entree but you are not allowed to bring home salad bar stuff. I was plenty full from the all you can eat salad bar, taco bar, wings and mac and cheese bar and soups! Going to have nice dinner of rice pilaf and sirloin beef tips tonight :T already paid for :carrot:

While I was typing this Angie showed me the video of the "flash mob" dance that her and about 20 teachers did at school for the kids last week...very cool. They had a couple of practices. I would post it but it's private. My wife is an excellent dancer and can hang right in their with the youngsters! As for me....3 left feet! ;) And that's no :joker: joke :rofl:

Well, I better wrap this up and get ready for the mini-HERicane ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-10-2012, 07:38 PM
:wave: WOW GARY ~ that's a very generous salad bar you have there for a few bucks. We don't have anything like that here; you are blessed indeedy. We do have Chinese Food Bar nights/lunches: you pay one price for all you can eat. Have fun with the little Her-ricane ... ;)

Well, we also have been spending lots of time with the gardening stuff here. My salad garden stuff is all coming up already; and I have some cherry tomatoes too (not ripe yet though). My snowballs on my Hydrangea Bush are getting bigger and whiter. I was very pleased to see that my Yellow Cinquefoil Bush has survived the late move & winter; I thought it was a gonner -- but that's one tough little bush apparently.

My Sandcherry Bush made it too, but it needs to be moved to a better place now; that's the hard part -- figuring out where everything should go. My Yellow Daylily survived too, but it was accidently chopped off (oops, got a little too aggressive with the weeding :lol:); but that has happened before and they will bounce back ... thank goodness!

I'm delaying the berry transplants to later this week trying to avoid some low night temps; don't want to take a chance to lose them. Plus, I am going to plant some more veggies seeds over the next two weeks to spread them out (so they'll be ready at different times).

It was about 94 F here today; so we just did watering very early this AM. I've been hybernating indoors with the fans all day. I got my new camera working and am trying to take some pics for a before and after transitions thing; and trying to decide which ones to show you all. All that editing is hard work and takes a lot of time ... ;)

So I'm back in the pic bus; maybe -- as my programs were giving me grief last night; waited all that time to upload & select through 900+ pics and lost it in the end -- arrgh!!! Then they said it had glitches/errors, so I have to start all over again; that will be for another day, I think ... :dizzy:

Anywho, hope all our friends here had a Super Serene Sunday today; have a great week coming up too ... :flow1:

Rose Centered
06-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Hope EZMONEY (or do I call you Gary?) had a great visit with his little :queen::queen: yesterday. Bet they loved the house.

Justwant2Bhealthy ~ it's warm weather to be gardening for long. Wish I could take the heat better; I do prefer to walk outside when it's nice, rather than use the :tread: indoors.

Rather warm at worship service yesterday, too. I was assisting communion so had to wear (polyester) robe. Even w/ A/C it gets pretty uncomfortable. 'Course the rest of my family was cold, sitting under the cold blast. Hard to keep everyone happy!

At our weekly Via de Cristo reunions we talk about our "closest moments to God" during the past week. I can always tell whether I've been reading daily devotions/the Bible/praying--or not--by the # of times I have felt close to God. Good thing He's there, even when I don't feel it.

I pray that y'all have a good week, both health-wise and spirit-wise!
:goodvibes

EZMONEY
06-11-2012, 09:49 AM
ROSE You may call me EZ or Gary :)

I had to laugh about the cold church :D

Our seems like most of the elders set the AC up too high. We sit in a row that has a vent at the end of it. We also have real trees, some kind of palm, that are in the outside asiles...those branches are always moving from the air!

Angie is always cold at church, a few weeks ago I told her that she is NOT ALLOWED to complain about being cold unless she has brought in a blanket! I'm serious...it's an every week thing! She hasn't said a word since...but she has been cold ;)

You think we would shut the air off! (hope that doesn't happen!) our last few monthly electrical bills have been over $4,000.00!

That is not a misprint!

Hard to feel close to God unless we are feeding ourselves with the WORD :)

Happy gardening all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, I got really brave this past week and posted some transition pictures of myself, including a couple of what I look like now. Heck, I think these will even inspire me ... ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/258406-im-sexy-i-know-i-work-out.html#post4361876

EZMONEY
06-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Awesome rosebud!!!

Rose Centered
06-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Rosebud ~ I am truly inspired! I'm hoping you feel as good as you look. ;)

Speaking of feeling...
It should be against the law to leave left-over sheet cake up for grabs (with lots of rich frosting) in the refrigerator at work! Yesterday started off good but quickly went downhill after the cake incident.
I know, I know, I'm the one responsible for my actions. :(

Anyway, I am feeling very lethargic today. I just wish I could remember what happens when I give in to rich, sweet food! :ink:
Dear Lord, please remove these temptations...at least till I'm a little stronger!

Have a blessed Tuesday, folks!

EZMONEY
06-12-2012, 09:02 AM
:bday2you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILMA :bday2you:

Hope you are lovin' up those grandbabies ;)

bargoo
06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Happy Birthday, Wilma !

wilma12
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It makes me feel special!

Rosebud: Thank you for posting the pics. You can really see the changes. It's also nice to have a face to put with the name!

I had a neat thing happen last week. I was out for coffee with a friend and we were talking about how we both struggle with weight issues and how hard it is to do something about it. I jokingly said "Wanna be my diet buddy?" and she said she has always wanted one. So now we message each other every evening to say what we ate during the day. Having someone accountable is so good for me especially in the snacking area. It's so easy to have just one more but now I think twice because I have to not only write it down but "confess" it also. I consider this an answer to a prayer I had quit praying. :)

Have a great day!

Rose Centered
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Wilma
:carrot:Happy Birthday! I'm so glad to hear about your diet buddy! Being accountable daily with someone you know sounds like a great idea. You'll let us know how it goes, won't you?

wilma12
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
It's been a week and I've lost 4 lbs!! I know this is because I've made some changes but hopefully it keeps going. I have added more veggies to my dinners and cut down my portion size. I also will not have anything after 8 p.m. unless I'm really hungry. So far I haven't felt the hunger pangs even though I have cut down my portions. I did go out for dinner with DH on my birthday and ate more than I should have but got right back at it on Thursday.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-14-2012, 12:17 PM
:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILMA!:balloons:

It's been a week and I've lost 4 lbs!! I know this is because I've made some changes but hopefully it keeps going. I have added more veggies to my dinners and cut down my portion size. I also will not have anything after 8 p.m. unless I'm really hungry. So far I haven't felt the hunger pangs even though I have cut down my portions. I did go out for dinner with DH on my birthday and ate more than I should have but got right back at it on Thursday.

Congrats on the 4 lb loss too; it great how just some small changes can make a big difference ... :D

BTW, those pics did inspire me too -- I braved the scale early and had a 6.5 lb loss, bringing me over the top for my 100 lb loss. I called it a mini-goal but really it is a big milestone ... thanks to you ALL for your encouragement along the way! :)

wilma12
06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Rosebud: That is truly a milestone! Congratulations!

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
:wave: HI FRIENDS ~ well, we had another :hot: scorcher :hot: here yesterday, so did stuff indoors for the day. Thank goodness, it cooled down by the evening and then we had a good :rain: downpouring very early this AM -- had to run and close my bedroom window as the rain was pouring in on that side. :eek:

I have flowers on my purple lilac bush and some of my pastel pink peony plants are starting to bloom as are the hot pink peony bushes out front. We are gonna have to pick up some bush clippers as the Honeysuckle and Lilac bushes are filling out way too much, esp in the bottom half.

OH, I see the :sunny: is trying to peek out now; maybe we'll have a nice sunny afternoon and I can go check on my plants. Eating has been very good; we had deli BBQ spit chicken yesterday becuz it was too hot to cook, and we have enuff leftovers for today as well. The cook is getting a break this weekend -- yeah!

Hope everyone here is having a wonderful weekend and a Super Serene Sunday too; take care ... :flow1:

bargoo
06-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Rosebud, congratulations on losing over 100 pounds. That is a major accomplishment !

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-17-2012, 02:16 PM
THANKS, BARGOO ~ it took me a while, but I finally got there; and onwards, I go ... :D

auntnelly
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I can't believe I have missed 3 pages of this June thread! I skimmed through the posts, I missed so much.

I did See Rosebud's photos! SO awesome.

I don't have much time now, gotta get moving, hope I can jump in more now that our trip is over, however around here things never really slow down much :D

I hope that some day I have an "after" picture. right now my before picture is all I have and even it is better than where I am NOW ... LOL ! guess it really isn't funny, but..... either I laugh or cry :D

wilma12
06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Having a diet buddy is really working for me. I am down another pound. I am really thinking twice before eating something because I don't want her to be disappointed in me. We do not judge each other at all but are there just for accountability.

Rose Centered
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Wilma~You go, girl! :flow2:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome back, NELLY ~ I bet you will be a busy bee after being away. Just catch up when you can. Hope you had a fun trip.

WILMA ~ glad your buddy system is working for you ... :)

DH and I spent Sunday afternoon clipping the Mauve Lilac Bush and it looks really nice; you can walk all the way around it and it really opened up the area too. Think we'll hack a few more lower branches off the Honeysuckle Bush too; it has berries just coming out on it now and it's starting to sag again. ;)

We had a few more :hot: days, but then today was nice & cool so we went up town shopping: picked up some books, movies, shows, and groceries. I also got two more blueberry bushes on clearance; and some berries on sale today as well. Lots on sale actually -- the books too, at our local second-hand shop. :D

They are predicting some thunderstorms for tonight, but it's :sunny: right now. Have a good week everyone ... :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-22-2012, 09:28 PM
:wave: Well, the last two days have been simply glorious -- low-mid 70's F with a breeze and :sunny: to boot. We even had some showers on and off, and some more :rain: during the night to help our flowers grow. They are all blooming right now, so they look and smell terrific.

We kept busy today cutting and trimming grass; plus we did spend a good hour pruning back both the Honeysuckle bush/tree and the Pine tree next to it. Now we have a lovely pathway that runs the whole south side of the house by all the lovely Peony flowers, and you can see the Lilac and rhubarb patch at the end. This also lets in a bit more sunshine into that corner as well.

I am tired of course, but I enjoyed the exercise and the lovely weather. Now it's time for me to turn in early and I will get lots of rest tomorrow. Eating has been good this week; always glad for that. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... :flow2:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, the weather here the last few days has been really nice; :sunny: with temps in the mid-70's F. We have been doing some gardening stuff; just little odd jobs -- not too taxing really. I planted the half barrels with the last of the onions sets, 4 kinds of lettuce, and two kinds of green beans.

My eating this month has been very good; so very happy about that. Tonight, we had wild pacific salmon with a rice mix and veggies -- a light but very filling meal. Will likely do some reading tonight as per usual before bed.

Hope all our friends out there are doing well ... RONNI, BOOTSIE, WILMA, and others we don't hear from that often. We are still sending up prayers for you all; and we think of you often.

I hope that GOD is blessing your lives mightily. Have a great OP week everyone ... :flow1:

Rose Centered
06-27-2012, 07:58 AM
The weather in MI has been nice the past few days, esp lovely while we were in Cheboygan last weekend for my cousin's ordination into the Lutheran Church! He will have a '2 point parish' in rural North Dakota.
:balloons:Such a nice reunion with extended family; some came from Saskatchewan.
Next few days will be very :hot: Good time for salads.

This is Day 1 with my 31 yr old daughter as my diet buddy. Her idea, after I told her about Wilma's diet buddy.
We did pretty well when she lived at home--got up every day at 6A to walk.
:flow2:

Have a blessed day, folks!

wilma12
06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Rose Centered: I know the buddy system will work for you. It sure is for me and my friend also. It sure makes you think twice before putting something in your mouth. I'm glad your daughter suggested it.

Rosebud: You've been busy! And your dinner sounds lovely. It's usually what I order when we go out for dinner because it's the lowest calorie food on the menu.

I've done really well this week although I do not have a weight loss to report. I can feel my clothes getting looser and that feels so good. My buddy and I "talk" each evening and it's so good to know there's someone to be accountable to and to encourage you when you feel like eating everything in sight.

The weather has been incredible here and my podiatrist has given me the go ahead to start walking again- so no more excuses!

Rose Centered
06-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Probably the only bad thing about going "up north" is Mackinaw City fudge! :ink: orange truffle--my favorite. We won't be going back for a while. Maybe next time I can avoid the fudge shops!

DD, my diet buddy, did better yesterday than I. :) for her, :( for me.

Another :flame: one today: supposed to be 99+ with thunderstorms. Thank you, God, for A/C!! Grass has dried out, so water and nitrogen will be welcome.

Keep :cool: friends. May we focus on God's promises rather than food (MC fudge) today!

:flow1:

ronni62
06-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi, Everyone! Trying to catch up......

Wilma-Happy Belated Birthday! And, congrats on finding a diet buddy and doing so well the last few weeks!

Rosebud-awesome pics! You look soooo good!

Will be back later! Hope you all have a great day!

pattygirl63
06-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

A quick flyby. I too have gone back read what some of what has been going on since I was here last. I hope I can get back here more often. I'm going to try to do that.

Wilma - Happy Belated Birthday. Glad the buddy system is working for you.

Rosebud - I read where you lost 4 lbs. Glad the way your eating is bringing good results. And I loved the pics. You are really looking good.

Rose Centered - When my DD and her kids lived with us when her children were little, I guess we were diet buddies. We inspired each other to eat healthier and to exercise. Had a lot of fun dieting together although we didn't follow the same plan. It's nice you two are diet buddies.

I pray everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

Rose Centered
06-29-2012, 05:21 PM
:hot: From SE Michigan: temperature went up to 95 today, a little cooler than 101 yesterday! DS works in a machine shop w/o A/C. Not too healthy for him and his coworkers. His boss did bring in more fans and jugs of Gatorade. Hard to believe that this was the norm 50 years ago! I sure am spoiled. :spin:

Independence Day weekend is nearly here! (or already here, if you had today off) I pray that you have a safe and fun holiday. Happy healthy eating!:broc:
PS--I myself having a hard time keeping on track :hun:

"My grace is sufficent for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9a :flow1:

EZMONEY
06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi Gals :)

Prayers for anyone in areas where the weather isn't being nice to you :hug:

It is a gorgeous morning here in southern California :) A great day to get GRANDdaughter2 and grand niece baptised at our Saturday night service. There will be about 30 of us, we are going to my favorite Mexican joint for dinner before.

Sunday morning baptism's don't work too well for the other side of our family...some are big sleeper-inners ;) So, thankfully, we provide a Saturday night service for those that need an option.

Looking forward to the 4th Of July here. We will be having about 35 people here for a BBQ and shuffleboard tournament. Always a lot of fun! The menu will be smoked/then bbq'd bratwurst and also smoked chicken street tacos. A friend of mine is smoking all the meat for us :T

Pretty much the same 'ol stuff going on here. Angie is off for the summer and my work is slow enough that I have some of my guys doing it that have to have $$ coming in. Every now and then I need to get out there myself to make some $$! But right now we are all just trying to get through it. Plus I enjoy having the same time off as my wife :) fortunately, our company, has quite a bit of work coming up for my trade and my guys later in the summer.

Well I think I'll check out and go and pay some bills before the mail comes.

Enjoy your week-end :hug:

Rose Centered
06-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Gary ~ so exciting to have a granddaughter and a niece baptized on the same evening--and on a pre-holiday weekend!
:flow1:

pattygirl63
06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Gary - How sweet to have the little ones baptized. Our church plans to offer a Saturday evening service when we move into our permanent building. I look forward to having the option.

auntnelly
06-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been really busy, our daughter is moving tomorrow among other things that are keeping me swamped.

I have been looking at a different diet plan, the Metabolism Miracle and I am seeing myself in that a bit too much. I can't find much on it, has anyone here heard or used it in the past?

I am praying for a way to do it, I just can't afford to purchase food for that right now, but am believing for a way to do so because I got my blood test results back and some of them are elevated (cholesterol panel) so I guess the facts are in, something has to change.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-30-2012, 07:43 PM
NELLY ~ that Metabolism Miracle is a Low-Carb Plan. Here is a link to a thread about it in Diet Central, low-carb programs ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/188425-metabolism-miracle-any-you-out-there.html

HI RONNI ~ nice to have you drop by again; hope you can catch up with us soon ... :hug:

GARY ~ have fun in your multi-celebrations. We celebrate CANADA DAY tomorrow (July 1st) and have a long weekend here too. That's so nice of you to pass work onto your co-workers; and glad your company is doing well ... :)

WILMA ~ glad that you can get out walking again.

ROSE ~ we discovered that we will be able to put our small A/C in the kitchen after all; I'm glad becuz they are predicting :hot: temps for next week.

TRISH ~ thanks, have a great weekend.

BARGOO ~ you are in our ^prayers^ continually, girl ... :hug:

We had a big thunderstorm here last night with some hail; had to get up and close my bedroom window so the :rain: didn't come inside. I has been nice and cool here all day. DH went on an errand and got drenched on the way home. poor guy. ;) We are blessed to have this rain to help our greenery; and we thank GOD for it ... :D

Thanks to you all for your positive comments about my pics; I found them encouraging too. I could tell that my face was slimmer than my last pics, but was surprised by the difference myself.

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone ... :flow1:

Rose Centered
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
:sunny:So glad to have our newest patio table ready to use. DH put it together today. It replaces the (new) glass table top that exploded a few weeks ago. Wind force caused pole to wobble when the umbrella was open and ka-boom! Good thing no one was outside.:(
Newest one is also glass top. If this one doesn't make it, we'll have to find something else... we will be more careful and use pipe foam around the pole where it meets the table.

Looking forward to light suppers on the deck...when it cools off! :flow1:

EZMONEY
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
2 more little girls covered in God's grace and mercy :-)

Not one peep out of either during the splashing of water on their foreheads..

Now on the other hand....

GRANDdaughter1 needed this grandpa, or Ta Taw, as she calls me, to take her out of the sanctuary...

seems at 15 months she still doesn't know when to stop singing the Baptismal hymn....go figure ;)

wouldn't have been so bad but she just wanted to go on and on and on with words of her own (mostly non-understandable :D) in a very loud voice...

after enough of her making at least the audio part of the recording I took her into the cry room...

no respect for her cousins ;)

It was wonderful!

pattygirl63
07-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Gary Knowing how much our Lord Jesus loves children, I am sure he not only loved her singing... I sure He understood every word. What a blessed memory to carry in y'alls hearts.

Hope everyone is having a Blessed Sunday.

Rose Centered
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM
:flow1: So glad to have our pastor back after recuperating from bypass surgery! Missed his inspiring sermons, great sense of humor, & wonderful singing voice. :)

bargoo
07-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Happy Canada Day to our great Canadian friends!

pattygirl63
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL OUR CANADIAN CHICKIES!!!