Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Default MRC June Thread

June has arrived and I'm looking foward to a wonderful month. It was cool here this morning which was a welcome relief from the warm tempatures we have been having.

Here's to a great new month on program!
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy June! Today is a new day! To help me re-focus, I decided to look at the big picture. One year ago today, I was 40 pounds heavier at 177 pounds. When I think of my journey in terms like that, it makes me realize how far I've come. My goal for the coming year, maintain my weight loss. I know with the help of the wonderful ladies here, it can be done!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

So happy for June! Warm weather and no more rainy season! This month I am committed to getting outside and doing more activities. I am also commiting to a 15-pound loss this month. Big goals!
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Great goals everyone! Nice perspective, JenB... I was thinking of how far I've come and, you're right - it means alot to have a view of how you've come in the long run.

I realized this when camping last week - I no longer felt the need to nap to get through the afternoon. I can play with the kids (full speed) and enjoy every smile, every laugh, and truly feel happy... I can fit into a size I haven't worn since high school. I don't sweat my booty off when sitting around the outdoor areas... I can wear my swimsuit and feel less embarrassed... I can take long walks with the hubster and not feel like my lungs are going to burst!

Even though the weight loss has drastically slowed, I'm still ALOT farther than I was before program... eyes on the prize, guys!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  

posted by rachels 77....Even though the weight loss has drastically slowed, I'm still ALOT farther than I was before program... eyes on the prize, guys!

What a wonderful and uplifting statement.. Great attitude. I am trying to take off 2 pounds I gained on maintenance, and this statement and your complete message made my day and gave me a renewal. For some reason, I was not up in spirits.

Wishing y'all a great day.. Hot and humid here in south.. Nice to be able to wear nice summer clothes, vs. clothes to cover up body due to fat as I did for so long. Hang in there ladies, it is all worth it at the end.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #6  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hey Patzi...

Just a try...but try increasing your protein at each meal (6-8 oz), and totally removing fruits/starches. You will need to add some sort of fat at each meal (turkey bacon, olive oil...) to counter balance the high protein and low carbs..but just try maybe for a couple of days. I am seeing results so far! Just a suggestion....may help those 2lbs to come off. Make sure to drink at least 2 HNS each day, too. The reason for the fat added is to keep you from getting constipated.

I have seen with myself that just like if you change up your exercise routine, and see results sometimes...same holds true when we change up our diets a bit. Trick your body and it appears to work!

Good luck to all...don't give up!

Last edited by Tamikl; 06-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #7  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Down another .7 this week (according to the wii fit) and since I had a totally off week and indulged way more than I should have due to stress, hormones, skipping my TOM, and trying to get ready for a convention, I am still happy with it. June is here, time to buckle down and hit the gym. Now off to make breakfast, a couple of poached eggs, some toast, and a half an orange...I think I have oranges. I so need to get to the grocery store today.

Last edited by Galadreal; 06-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #8  

Tamikl
Thanks... I definately will try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Patzi
Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hi All! I'm starting the pre-conditioning on Tuesday. I'm so excited to lose this weight! I've got 50 lbs to go, which sounds daunting, but I know I can do it. Glad I found a forum for MRC!
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyrae View Post
Hi All! I'm starting the pre-conditioning on Tuesday. I'm so excited to lose this weight! I've got 50 lbs to go, which sounds daunting, but I know I can do it. Glad I found a forum for MRC!
Sonnyrae...
Welcome.. If not for this forum and the support I would not have made maintenance. You can do it.. Good luck on your challenge.We are all here for you.

Patzi
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Happy June everyone! Summer is here in East Texas for sure...hot and dry.

I started on preconditioning last Tuesday after the Memorial Day holiday. I weighed in on Wednesday before when I signed up and weighed 173. After eating nonstop during the weekend when I weighed on Friday at the center, I had still lost 1 LB. AMAZING...I should have gained 10!! So, I am encouraged. The hardest part is going to the grocery store. It is usually right after work and I am so hungry and there are so many options at the deli. None that are on program of course. I just don't always feel like cooking when I get home. So, any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

@Jolly Green - 15 lbs ??? Is it possible to lose that in one month ? I am committing myself to 5 lbs and I will be ecstatic! I wish you luck and hope you achieve it! Then, I will set my goal higher

Happy day everyone!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Well, our cooler weather has changed to hot and muggy 94 at 6:44 pm! Spent the weekend with in-laws celebrating their 72nd wedding anniversary - she is 95 and he is 93. Bittersweet - her health had declined so much in last 4 weeks that Hospice has been contacted. Needless to say it was a stressful weekend. I was determined to stay OP and even packed meals for the weekend - did pretty good until evenings and consumed beer - Amstel Light - so maybe just maybe. Hope everyone reaches their goals this month. I plan to make stabilization.
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Summer is here and need to get back on plan! Summer in SC is boating, sandbars, festivals, parties, tiki huts that all involve golden beverages, cocktails, fried seafood, chicken, BBQ and lots of temptations! Fishing tournament this past weekend that involed a pre party and an award dinner. Our boat won first and second place ! Woo hoo!
There is a BBQ festival this weekend....ugh!!!
Pulled a muscle in my back mem weekend so am doing shorter walks till I heal, trying to eat less since I'm exercising less..and taking muscle relaxer and pain med which always seems to make me gain
I'm pretty much following the MRC plan but this weekend found myself eating a little more bread (sandwiches ) and grabbing Oreos out of my DHs stash, a little here, a little there.
Tomorrow I plan on stepping up the water, eating salads w lean protein. Drinking 4 HNSs every day for the week. I'll have to set a mini goal ((trip planned in a few weeks to home town)and plan on weighing in Tuesday am to access the damage!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Patzi - Glad I could help in some way... you are such an inspiration to me!

I weighed in on Saturday and was up 1 pound... no biggie. My counselor and I discovered it was likely due to consuming beef at dinner on Friday night - just a lesson for ya'll... apparently it takes longer to digest beef than chicken/fish so it "stays" with you a bit longer. Down again by this morning, so it's all good.

Went to a cookout on Saturday night. Stayed mostly on play except for having a roasted strawberry marshmallow (had to try it - soooo yummy - but one was enough) and a small bite of chocolate desert... again, tried it, moved on and drank extra water yesterday.

I love summer! My hubby is an excellent griller and he has really taken to modifying my meats (ie no sauces, salt-free seasonings and all that) and I really appreciate his dedication and thoughtfulness. Also, we love to grill zuccini and squash with the Cavender's Salt Free seasoning... yumm-o. And less dishes to do makes this momma happy!

Anyway, my mini goal for the week is to get back up to 100 oz of water per day. I had been slipping into the 70s and 80s but, with the heat and such, I think it's important to keep hydrated.

Sonnyrae - welcome! It's a great place here!

LovetoFish - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL - so sad. Wow, especially nowadays, 72 years is AMAZING. Best wishes to you and hugs.

BigDog - with stabilization, they said only 2 HNS a day (which stinks for me... I like to have one at every meal)... do you usually get 4 a day? Is it a big deal to do an extra one or two?
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #15  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post
Patzi - Glad I could help in some way... you are such an inspiration to me!

I weighed in on Saturday and was up 1 pound... no biggie. My counselor and I discovered it was likely due to consuming beef at dinner on Friday night - just a lesson for ya'll... apparently it takes longer to digest beef than chicken/fish so it "stays" with you a bit longer. Down again by this morning, so it's all good.

Went to a cookout on Saturday night. Stayed mostly on play except for having a roasted strawberry marshmallow (had to try it - soooo yummy - but one was enough) and a small bite of chocolate desert... again, tried it, moved on and drank extra water yesterday.

I love summer! My hubby is an excellent griller and he has really taken to modifying my meats (ie no sauces, salt-free seasonings and all that) and I really appreciate his dedication and thoughtfulness. Also, we love to grill zuccini and squash with the Cavender's Salt Free seasoning... yumm-o. And less dishes to do makes this momma happy!

Anyway, my mini goal for the week is to get back up to 100 oz of water per day. I had been slipping into the 70s and 80s but, with the heat and such, I think it's important to keep hydrated.

Sonnyrae - welcome! It's a great place here!

LovetoFish - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL - so sad. Wow, especially nowadays, 72 years is AMAZING. Best wishes to you and hugs.

BigDog - with stabilization, they said only 2 HNS a day (which stinks for me... I like to have one at every meal)... do you usually get 4 a day? Is it a big deal to do an extra one or two?
hi, rachel, w/ the pain meds and muscle relaxers and couldnt exercise for a week, i went up 3 lbs. ---when i was recuperating, i ate lime sherbert every day!!! (i just remembered that!!) i was still getting my water in, drinking at least 2 HNSs a day, eating less and still eating salads, lean protein but without the activity and eating sherbert and oreos, weight went up. so i'm back to the green menu and 4 HNSs and more water to get these pounds off quickly. Newbies, don't do like i do, but the truth is i really don't eat lunch that often - i'll mix frozen berries and greek yogurt w/ my HNS most of the time for lunch (blend it up!) i do try to grab some celery or cukes to get my veggies in. i'm in sales and usually work through lunch. sometimes i'll do a HNS and protein bar. i did this about the entire time i was on the program and did well with it. i usually have 2 eggs and grapefruit for breakfast... dinner is usually a large salad w/ grilled chicken, shrimp, fish and a few times a week, flank steak. Tacos w/ lean ground beef and i'll have one hard tortilla and load up on the lettuce, onions, tomatoes a couple times a month. My DH loves Taco night!!! so funny.
seriously guys, for the newbies that are starting out, follow the plan strictly and you will lose faster... sometimes i feel like i shouldn't post this stuff because i dont want anyone to do what i do and not lose. i lost slowly 1 or 2 lbs a week but that was good for me...this is a lifestyle change for me and i'll be doing this forever so i wanted something that fit in my lifestyle that i would stick with.

Last edited by bigdog; 06-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote