Metabolic Research Center - MRC June Thread

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC June Thread

ynapier
06-01-2012, 10:49 AM
June has arrived and I'm looking foward to a wonderful month. It was cool here this morning which was a welcome relief from the warm tempatures we have been having.

Here's to a great new month on program!

JenB72
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Happy June! Today is a new day! To help me re-focus, I decided to look at the big picture. One year ago today, I was 40 pounds heavier at 177 pounds. When I think of my journey in terms like that, it makes me realize how far I've come. My goal for the coming year, maintain my weight loss. I know with the help of the wonderful ladies here, it can be done! :)

The Jolly Green Bran
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
So happy for June! Warm weather and no more rainy season! This month I am committed to getting outside and doing more activities. I am also commiting to a 15-pound loss this month. Big goals!

rachels77
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Great goals everyone! Nice perspective, JenB... I was thinking of how far I've come and, you're right - it means alot to have a view of how you've come in the long run.

I realized this when camping last week - I no longer felt the need to nap to get through the afternoon. I can play with the kids (full speed) and enjoy every smile, every laugh, and truly feel happy... I can fit into a size I haven't worn since high school. I don't sweat my booty off when sitting around the outdoor areas... I can wear my swimsuit and feel less embarrassed... I can take long walks with the hubster and not feel like my lungs are going to burst!

Even though the weight loss has drastically slowed, I'm still ALOT farther than I was before program... eyes on the prize, guys!

patzi
06-02-2012, 09:12 AM
posted by rachels 77....Even though the weight loss has drastically slowed, I'm still ALOT farther than I was before program... eyes on the prize, guys!

What a wonderful and uplifting statement.. Great attitude. I am trying to take off 2 pounds I gained on maintenance, and this statement and your complete message made my day and gave me a renewal. For some reason, I was not up in spirits.

Wishing y'all a great day.. Hot and humid here in south.. Nice to be able to wear nice summer clothes, vs. clothes to cover up body due to fat as I did for so long. Hang in there ladies, it is all worth it at the end.

Patzi

Tamikl
06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey Patzi...

Just a try...but try increasing your protein at each meal (6-8 oz), and totally removing fruits/starches. You will need to add some sort of fat at each meal (turkey bacon, olive oil...) to counter balance the high protein and low carbs..but just try maybe for a couple of days. I am seeing results so far! Just a suggestion....may help those 2lbs to come off. Make sure to drink at least 2 HNS each day, too. The reason for the fat added is to keep you from getting constipated.

I have seen with myself that just like if you change up your exercise routine, and see results sometimes...same holds true when we change up our diets a bit. Trick your body and it appears to work!

Good luck to all...don't give up!

Galadreal
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Down another .7 this week (according to the wii fit) and since I had a totally off week and indulged way more than I should have due to stress, hormones, skipping my TOM, and trying to get ready for a convention, I am still happy with it. June is here, time to buckle down and hit the gym. Now off to make breakfast, a couple of poached eggs, some toast, and a half an orange...I think I have oranges. I so need to get to the grocery store today.

patzi
06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Tamikl
Thanks... I definately will try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Patzi

sonnyrae
06-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi All! I'm starting the pre-conditioning on Tuesday. I'm so excited to lose this weight! I've got 50 lbs to go, which sounds daunting, but I know I can do it. Glad I found a forum for MRC!

patzi
06-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi All! I'm starting the pre-conditioning on Tuesday. I'm so excited to lose this weight! I've got 50 lbs to go, which sounds daunting, but I know I can do it. Glad I found a forum for MRC!

Sonnyrae...
Welcome.. If not for this forum and the support I would not have made maintenance. You can do it.. Good luck on your challenge.We are all here for you.

Patzi

luv2clog
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Happy June everyone! Summer is here in East Texas for sure...hot and dry.

I started on preconditioning last Tuesday after the Memorial Day holiday. I weighed in on Wednesday before when I signed up and weighed 173. After eating nonstop during the weekend when I weighed on Friday at the center, I had still lost 1 LB. AMAZING...I should have gained 10!! So, I am encouraged. The hardest part is going to the grocery store. It is usually right after work and I am so hungry and there are so many options at the deli. None that are on program of course. I just don't always feel like cooking when I get home. So, any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

@Jolly Green - 15 lbs ??? Is it possible to lose that in one month ? I am committing myself to 5 lbs and I will be ecstatic! I wish you luck and hope you achieve it! Then, I will set my goal higher :dizzy:

Happy day everyone!

lovetofishandrun
06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Well, our cooler weather has changed to hot and muggy 94 at 6:44 pm! :flame: Spent the weekend with in-laws celebrating their 72nd wedding anniversary - she is 95 and he is 93. Bittersweet - her health had declined so much in last 4 weeks that Hospice has been contacted. Needless to say it was a stressful weekend. I was determined to stay OP and even packed meals for the weekend - did pretty good until evenings and consumed beer - Amstel Light - so maybe just maybe. :stress: Hope everyone reaches their goals this month. I plan to make stabilization.

bigdog
06-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Summer is here and need to get back on plan! Summer in SC is boating, sandbars, festivals, parties, tiki huts that all involve golden beverages, cocktails, fried seafood, chicken, BBQ and lots of temptations! Fishing tournament this past weekend that involed a pre party and an award dinner. Our boat won first and second place ! Woo hoo!
There is a BBQ festival this weekend....ugh!!!
Pulled a muscle in my back mem weekend so am doing shorter walks till I heal, trying to eat less since I'm exercising less..and taking muscle relaxer and pain med which always seems to make me gain
I'm pretty much following the MRC plan but this weekend found myself eating a little more bread (sandwiches ) and grabbing Oreos out of my DHs stash, a little here, a little there.
Tomorrow I plan on stepping up the water, eating salads w lean protein. Drinking 4 HNSs every day for the week. I'll have to set a mini goal ((trip planned in a few weeks to home town)and plan on weighing in Tuesday am to access the damage!

rachels77
06-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Patzi - Glad I could help in some way... you are such an inspiration to me!

I weighed in on Saturday and was up 1 pound... no biggie. My counselor and I discovered it was likely due to consuming beef at dinner on Friday night - just a lesson for ya'll... apparently it takes longer to digest beef than chicken/fish so it "stays" with you a bit longer. Down again by this morning, so it's all good.

Went to a cookout on Saturday night. Stayed mostly on play except for having a roasted strawberry marshmallow (had to try it - soooo yummy - but one was enough) and a small bite of chocolate desert... again, tried it, moved on and drank extra water yesterday.

I love summer! My hubby is an excellent griller and he has really taken to modifying my meats (ie no sauces, salt-free seasonings and all that) and I really appreciate his dedication and thoughtfulness. Also, we love to grill zuccini and squash with the Cavender's Salt Free seasoning... yumm-o. And less dishes to do makes this momma happy! ;)

Anyway, my mini goal for the week is to get back up to 100 oz of water per day. I had been slipping into the 70s and 80s but, with the heat and such, I think it's important to keep hydrated.

Sonnyrae - welcome! It's a great place here!

LovetoFish - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL - so sad. Wow, especially nowadays, 72 years is AMAZING. Best wishes to you and hugs.

BigDog - with stabilization, they said only 2 HNS a day (which stinks for me... I like to have one at every meal)... do you usually get 4 a day? Is it a big deal to do an extra one or two?

bigdog
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Patzi - Glad I could help in some way... you are such an inspiration to me!

I weighed in on Saturday and was up 1 pound... no biggie. My counselor and I discovered it was likely due to consuming beef at dinner on Friday night - just a lesson for ya'll... apparently it takes longer to digest beef than chicken/fish so it "stays" with you a bit longer. Down again by this morning, so it's all good.

Went to a cookout on Saturday night. Stayed mostly on play except for having a roasted strawberry marshmallow (had to try it - soooo yummy - but one was enough) and a small bite of chocolate desert... again, tried it, moved on and drank extra water yesterday.

I love summer! My hubby is an excellent griller and he has really taken to modifying my meats (ie no sauces, salt-free seasonings and all that) and I really appreciate his dedication and thoughtfulness. Also, we love to grill zuccini and squash with the Cavender's Salt Free seasoning... yumm-o. And less dishes to do makes this momma happy! ;)

Anyway, my mini goal for the week is to get back up to 100 oz of water per day. I had been slipping into the 70s and 80s but, with the heat and such, I think it's important to keep hydrated.

Sonnyrae - welcome! It's a great place here!

LovetoFish - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL - so sad. Wow, especially nowadays, 72 years is AMAZING. Best wishes to you and hugs.

BigDog - with stabilization, they said only 2 HNS a day (which stinks for me... I like to have one at every meal)... do you usually get 4 a day? Is it a big deal to do an extra one or two?

hi, rachel, w/ the pain meds and muscle relaxers and couldnt exercise for a week, i went up 3 lbs. ---when i was recuperating, i ate lime sherbert every day!!! (i just remembered that!!) i was still getting my water in, drinking at least 2 HNSs a day, eating less and still eating salads, lean protein but without the activity and eating sherbert and oreos, weight went up. so i'm back to the green menu and 4 HNSs and more water to get these pounds off quickly. Newbies, don't do like i do, but the truth is i really don't eat lunch that often - i'll mix frozen berries and greek yogurt w/ my HNS most of the time for lunch (blend it up!) i do try to grab some celery or cukes to get my veggies in. i'm in sales and usually work through lunch. sometimes i'll do a HNS and protein bar. i did this about the entire time i was on the program and did well with it. i usually have 2 eggs and grapefruit for breakfast... dinner is usually a large salad w/ grilled chicken, shrimp, fish and a few times a week, flank steak. Tacos w/ lean ground beef and i'll have one hard tortilla and load up on the lettuce, onions, tomatoes a couple times a month. My DH loves Taco night!!! so funny.
seriously guys, for the newbies that are starting out, follow the plan strictly and you will lose faster... sometimes i feel like i shouldn't post this stuff because i dont want anyone to do what i do and not lose. i lost slowly 1 or 2 lbs a week but that was good for me...this is a lifestyle change for me and i'll be doing this forever so i wanted something that fit in my lifestyle that i would stick with.

camaswa
06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I second what Bigdog said above. When you go in to the center, they are doing everything they can to get you to follow the plan exactly. And it's true that you do lose most quickly when you do. But I have never been perfect, which is why it took me about 8 months to lose 30 pounds. (they promise 30 pounds in 30 days!!). And now, I have realized that 30 pounds is not quite enough- I want that bodyfat below 30%. Who knows how long it's gonna take. I do know that I am going to eat like this forever, no matter what. For t rest of mylife , major carb meals simply must be occasional splurges with quick course-corrections or I know I will put it right back on.

This is forever. I try not to do blow-by-blow reports here (or bite-by-bite!) when I go off plan, because I don't want anyone thinking its Okay to do that. I also don't beat myself up over it anymore either. I repeat: this is forever.

rachels77
06-04-2012, 04:05 PM
BigDog and Camaswa - Thank you for the insight... I agree. This is forever and you have to be able to live with these lifestyle changes. For me, I can't allow myself to go too off-course or I have a "slippery slope" of sorts - kind of like a free-for-all eating for a day and then I feel craptastic. But I do allow myself small tastes of things and adjust with water and exercise.

I think what's confusing to me now is the stabilization. The adding back in things week by week is rough for me, for some reason. I don't know why but it seems harder for me these weeks. The counselor told me Saturday that I was doing great and not to worry but I'm the type that HATES change... ugh.

camaswa
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I decided to get some bars but my center was out. Has anyone done the nutrition comparison with the brands at Diet Direct or elsewhere? I was reading online and DD's WonderSlim bars have 19 gr carb. I didn't think MRC's probably Were that high, so I didn't get any. Does anyone know? If you have a box from MRC, would you mind posting the nutrition content? Thanks.

camaswa
06-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Rachel, I know. That slippery slops is real. I see lots of people in maintenance go through exactly what you are describing. I'm not there yet, so I am hoping that by the time I am, getting right back on plan will be second nature. It seems like it is mental, perhaps because somewhere inside we want to think we are finally done with this. We aren't. We won't ever be.

Galadreal
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I always forget to drink enough water over the weekend, so when I got back to work on Monday and start getting in my 120oz, I slosh all day long. Don't get me wrong, I feel better being hydrated, but slosh slosh slosh.

On another note, have vacation comming up soon and worried about how that will effect my weight. We will be stuck in a hotel for 4 days, sharing a room with some friends, and no place to cook my own dinner. Plus I got the hotel with free breakfast, so I know I am good for eggs and fruit there (I will resist the muffins, but I swear the Hampton makes the best muffins ever!!). Thankfull there is also a full gym, so hopefully while husband is doing art jams with his friends I can go hit the gym or the pool for an hour and burn off some of my excess calories. Ok, gotta go now, too much water....slosh slosh!

faerychic
06-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I decided to get some bars but my center was out. Has anyone done the nutrition comparison with the brands at Diet Direct or elsewhere? I was reading online and DD's WonderSlim bars have 19 gr carb. I didn't think MRC's probably Were that high, so I didn't get any. Does anyone know? If you have a box from MRC, would you mind posting the nutrition content? Thanks.

I only have the crisp n' crunch cinnamon bars from MRC on hand:
calories 160
total fat 5 g
total carb's 18 g
fiber 6 g
Sugars 8 g
sugal alcohols 2 g
Progein 15 g

I have ordered the other bars (oatmeal, caramel brownie, caramel crisp)from Diet Direct, Family Bariatric and Diet Shopz and if I remember correctly the nutrional info is the same (or real close). I like a couple of the bars from the variety box but not all of them so I usually order my own. Plus my center is always out of what I want.

jlpnebraska
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi all. I am new to the Metabolic Research meta-slim program and would appreciate any suggestions, meal ideas, etc. that you could provide. I have read back through some of the threads, but it would take days to read them all. That is why I'm hoping that some of you are willing to give me the tried and true suggestions and good recipe ideas in a nutshell. I'm a little worried that this won't work - I'm starving today! But I want to give it a go and will try very hard to stay on the program. However, I think that the first order of business will be to give all of the food in the house to my daughter-in-law and start over with only things that are on the diet!! Help!!

camaswa
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Faery, thanks so much! Big help to me. and, wow, I didn't realize they had so many carbs.

Jlp, welcome! It is tough at first. Lots of people find they dont feel well as Their bodies make the shift away from sugar and carbs. Drink lots of water, try to say busy and minimize the times you have to deal with temptations at first. If you have to bea hermit as you get used to things, so be it. Purging the cupboards is not a bad idea, either.

And do go back through the old boards. There are tons of posts about getting started. You will find a lot of motivation by recognizing how many people have been exactly where you are now. Best of luck.

camaswa
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Faery, thanks so much! Big help to me. and, wow, I didn't realize they had so many carbs.

Jlp, welcome! It is tough at first. Lots of people find they dont feel well as Their bodies make the shift away from sugar and carbs. Drink lots of water, try to say busy and minimize the times you have to deal with temptations at first. If you have to bea hermit as you get used to things, so be it. Purging the cupboards is not a bad idea, either.

And do go back through the old boards. There are tons of posts about getting started. You will find a lot of motivation by recognizing how many people have been exactly where you are now. Best of luck.

bigdog
06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I like the chocolite sugar free protein bars from diet direct. They do have 17 g carb but high fiber 9 g and the best thing is they are 95 to 115 cal. Protein is a little lower at 10 g. 1.29 a bar. I haven't tried them but protidiet sugar free chocolate dream is only 6 carbs :). Me and my dang protein bars. On the road I keep them in my car in the compartment between the seats. So it's like 100 deg sometimes down here in SC and last Friday eating a bar in the car for lunch. And I have to make sure I don't miss a bit of it eating it out of the wrapper and I look in my mirror and it's ALL over my face! The other day I had chocolate on the inside of my legs on my black pants. Haha. Maybe I could pack some veggies and cheese string or buy some apples and cheese for lunch. Or celery apples and cheese. I have two cooler bags!! Was at walmart and picked up a box of Zone bars. 14 g protein 23 carb and 210 cal. My DH was rushing me! I'll have to cut those in half. Too high in carbs for sure and cal
I also get nature valley protein bars sometimes. 10 g protein More later. My little man just got in his kiddie pool and rolled in the mud. He's happy though. Haha. Nature valley dark chocolate peanut bars have 14 g carb

Rowdy
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
With school being out my world changed drastically for two week, driving daughter around to appointments, shopping, ect, ect, not sticking to program. Summer school started yesterday so I can regain some order to my life. I was pleased to not have gained during this two weeks of chaos, infact made it to a total of 25 lbs. Got to change my avatar! Back on track again. I love this program, it all adds up. Next mini goal is 5 more pounds.

rachels77
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey, all -

I have the chocolate peanut butter (which are being discontinued) and they are yummy. The cinnamon crunch is good too. Although, with the changes in the formulations and stuff in the HNSs, I'm not sure about purchasing anything else... ugh. I really liked the orange concentrate... until they went to the longer packages. Blech. Something's up with that.

JLP - Welcome! My best advice is to plan, plan, plan. Drink your water, get plenty of rest and try not to get caught without a meal planned. A few "staples" for my diet - a salad base with spinach, lettuce, green peppers and broccoli for the week's lunch. Then, depending upon my mood, I add tomatoes or cauliflower, my cheeses/meats (turkey, chicken, shredded cheddar, etc...), grab my fruit and head out the door. I also love ground turkey and chicken for tacos, Texas Chili, wraps or whatever for dinner. I like the frozen microwave-in-the-bag brussel sprouts and broccoli for dinner sides. Breakfast is usually 2 eggs "fried" in Pam spray along with a piece of 40 cal toast with butter spray.

Just plan your day and try your best. Make sure you journal every bite and stay up on everything... turn here for help or ask your center's counselors and you'll do great!

patzi
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi ...
I had maintenance weigh in and lost the weight I gained while away.. I am now 5 pounds under goal. Thanks Tamiki for your suggestions of upping protein.. I did that, and ate no fruit after 2 PM, and limited carbs to just vegetables. And it worked.

Welcome to newcomers, and congrats to all those that lost weight.

Patzi

The Jolly Green Bran
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Happy June everyone! Summer is here in East Texas for sure...hot and dry.

I started on preconditioning last Tuesday after the Memorial Day holiday. I weighed in on Wednesday before when I signed up and weighed 173. After eating nonstop during the weekend when I weighed on Friday at the center, I had still lost 1 LB. AMAZING...I should have gained 10!! So, I am encouraged. The hardest part is going to the grocery store. It is usually right after work and I am so hungry and there are so many options at the deli. None that are on program of course. I just don't always feel like cooking when I get home. So, any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

@Jolly Green - 15 lbs ??? Is it possible to lose that in one month ? I am committing myself to 5 lbs and I will be ecstatic! I wish you luck and hope you achieve it! Then, I will set my goal higher :dizzy:

Happy day everyone!

I think 15 pounds for me in a month is pretty doable because I have quite a bit to lose. I started on May 22nd and am down 10 pounds. Yay! Its so encouraging to get up and weigh yourself and the scale keeps going down...and down...and down everyday. And I agree about the grocery store. I go after work also. I find what has worked for me is to usually have an HNS before leaving work so Im not feeling famished and vulnerable to all the tasties.:cool:

The Jolly Green Bran
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey all! Are there any tips so getting the most fat burning possible? I feel like im slowing down a bit even with 4 HNS's a day and over 100 oz water/day.

:dizzy:

sonnyrae
06-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm excited to start, as I am definitely one of those people that need structure and accountability.

I am just starting pre-conditioning today and officially start on Friday. I'm anxious to learn more about what I'll be eating for the next 17 weeks :)

lovetofishandrun
06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
WI this morn. According to the center I lost 1 lb. - my scales show I'm down 2 lbs. I'm 1 lb. closer to stabilization and goal. Welcome to newbies and good job to all of you losing weight. It is worth the journey.

Galadreal
06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
About to change clothes and head to Zumba class. Then going to weigh in (maybe I can sweat off a couple of pounds...or give myself a heart attack, and not have to weigh in). Wish us luck, my now toned and slim husband is comming with me to offer moral support...and I just want to smack him with my flab.

rachels77
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Galadreal - LOL! Your posts always make me smile. Have fun at Zumba - it really is a fun, energetic class!

patzi
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Galadreal...

I enjoyed smack him with my flab.. LOL. Enjoy your class..

Patzi

Nyght
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone. I am brand new to MRC. Just joined today. Starting the pre-conditioning tomorrow. I am SO excited! I have been reading everyones success stories and it's really encouraging.

Galadreal
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
well according to their scales I was down 2 more pounds this week, but I think alot of that was sweat, and the fact I was wearing gym clothes. Still, I will take it. Very sore from Zumba, especially my knees. I may have to get a video to do this at home...or one of the games for the wii fit. Husband made turkey tacos for dinner, and so I am gonna go, floss, brush my teeth, and crash 2 hours early. I guess one positive side is that I am too tired to stay up and get a mad crave on for sugar.

KammyJo
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone.....I am currently doing the MRC program....and I have lost 41.5 pounds to date.....I'm VERY excited about it as I haven't felt this good in a very long time!!!!

I do have a question for those of you that visit the diet center......we were told this week that they have discontinued the wafer bars......has anyone else heard this? Our center is now all out of them. Has anyone heard if they are going to replace them with something else??????? I really liked them better than the other bars they have..........

Thanks,
Kammy

Galadreal
06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Ended up buying Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii, maybe I can get used to the mad flailing this way and not make such a spectacle of myself in the class. I am so very sore this morning. My booty is all sore, which I know is a good thing, but still, ouch.

Nyght
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
First day on the pre-conditioning. made sure i had all my meals planned and packaged up last nyght before bed.

JenB72
06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
:welcome3:

Wow! So many newbies!!! Best wishes to you all as you start your journey. It may not be easy at times, but if you can find a way to battle through the tought times, it will be worth it.

JodiH
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
My center said there are several things being discontinued. They no longer have the box of assorted bars and I do not like several flavors of HNS that I used to love! Wonder why they have reformulated them? The new, taller packs are easier to open, but I don't understand why they messed with the flavors. I am thinking about trying to contact the home office and complain.

faerychic
06-06-2012, 01:22 PM
My center said there are several things being discontinued. They no longer have the box of assorted bars and I do not like several flavors of HNS that I used to love! Wonder why they have reformulated them? The new, taller packs are easier to open, but I don't understand why they messed with the flavors. I am thinking about trying to contact the home office and complain.

If you find a number or email address for the corporate office please pass it on........my center is ALWAYS out of product. I told the counselors last week that I was going to buy my own vitamins and bars since they are always out of when I need. They said they have no control over what HNS's & supplements they are provided to sell.

JenB72
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
MRC may discontinue selling them, but from what I've found, this "re-formulation" thing isn't entirely true. While they may be doing it with the drinks, I was told the Mini Crisps were being re-formulated. Funny that I found the EXACT same thing on the Family Bariatric website. I purchased several boxes there and even told my counselor. He was shocked that I found them online.

My suggestion is if you can't get you want at the center, go online. Family Bariatric has some products where the boxes are identical to MRC's, however, you do have to pay a little for shipping. Diet Direct and Nashua Nutrition don't have the exact product from what I've seen, but they have equivalent. It's just a matter of preference. Also, compare the "total cost" between sites. While you have to pay for shipping at Family Bariatric, some of their costs per product are cheaper than Diet Direct. If you spend about $49 at DD, you get free shipping, but some of their prices are more. It may be only the difference of $2 as I found out with a recent order. Either way, you'll be able to get what you need until the center has it on hand.

camaswa
06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
About this "reformulating". MRC does not mAke any of this stuff. They simply have it packaged to their specifications. Perhaps they are able to tweak the formulations somewhat but overall these are the same as brands like Bariwise amd ProtiDiet. MRC probably switched suppliers. I love that you can get them elsewhere!

bigdog
06-07-2012, 12:22 AM
MRC is such a good diet plan. I've never understood why the centers are always out of stuff. Thank goodness for these boards or I would have never known about the online sites to order from ! they didn't even have the cookbook when i joined so had to order online. their attitude was oh, well... it's funny, i'm in a small town and the WW meetings are usually in an old building or church (temporary settings) and boy they always are fully stocked w/ their snacks, bars, little bags, books, etc. because they can make money on all those extras. i loved the meetings too - their plan stopped working for me but i did love the group meetings where everyone shared what they were going through. and you know i never spoke up...HA HA, i really had to fight to keep my hand from raising and sharing!!! LOL, wonder if they miss me? it's like, where is that girl that was always bouncing in her seat w/ stuff to talk about? haha i used to take my girlfriend w/ me and she wouldn't eat anything all day before our weigh in in the pm. she would be like, i wish they would STOP talking about food, i'm starving! then she'd want to go out for pizza after our meetings! needless to say, she wasn't successful at losing. one time she had 4 Slim fasts for the day to equal the 20 points she was allowed!!!!

patzi
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Need some help here...

For those that have been on Weight Watchers, they use to suggest making an icecream sandwich with WW approved icecream, frozen yogurt or cool whip and graham crackers... It was delicious.

I am wanting to make it using the MRC idea of food eating.. I do not want to use graham crackers as they are real high in carbs, unless there are some that I am not aware of that are not.

I am open to suggestions.. I was thinking for inside to use FF Greek yogurt that I have flavored, as I have that every night as a treat. Maybe freeze a bit before putting it between the two whatever ... I am on maintenance so whatever is suggested may not be for all that are on program, but maybe some that are on stabilization.

Thanks
Patzi

bigdog
06-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Need some help here...

For those that have been on Weight Watchers, they use to suggest making an icecream sandwich with WW approved icecream, frozen yogurt or cool whip and graham crackers... It was delicious.

I am wanting to make it using the MRC idea of food eating.. I do not want to use graham crackers as they are real high in carbs, unless there are some that I am not aware of that are not.

I am open to suggestions.. I was thinking for inside to use FF Greek yogurt that I have flavored, as I have that every night as a treat. Maybe freeze a bit before putting it between the two whatever ... I am on maintenance so whatever is suggested may not be for all that are on program, but maybe some that are on stabilization.

Thanks
Patzi

Hi, Patzi, check this link out below for low carb ice cream sandwiches (20 g. protein, 4 g. carbs, 15 g. fiber) i haven't made this (too many ingredients for me since i am very challenged in the kitchen!) but i wish you would make it and ship to me! LOL

http://www.ehow.com/how_2310127_make-low-carb-ice-cream.html

rachels77
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I know what you mean about the wafer bars... I like them too! The Soy Mini Crisps being discontinued really bummed me out.

Had a good weigh in yesterday... down 3.5 pounds. BUT it's not the way to do it. I was in car accident yesterday morning with my two daughters (7 and 9) and had to spend the ENTIRE day in the ER having my youngest checked out for torn bowels or spleen (due to the seatbelt). So, we didn't eat breakfast or lunch all day and then I weighed in. Hopefully I can hop back on the wagon, as I treated my girls (and myself) to Orange Leaf last night after the day we had... oh well, once in a while doesn't hurt. My main concern is that no one was hurt (we're all just sore today) and that's all that matters.

Have a great weekend everyone! We'll be taking a small trip out of town - going to eat at a few BBQ joints (planned cheats) and then stay on plan the rest of the time!

camaswa
06-07-2012, 03:38 PM
How about for the cookies using those oatmeal cakes/bars/whatever they are, that you have made so many times? Or some variation of them. The Greek yougert will freeze hard as a rock if you leave it in too long, as you probably already know. I read the recipe Bigdog found- great nutrition content but too much work for Me!

faerychic
06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I did some searching...............Nashua Nutrition has Proti-thin Vanilla Wafer squares which appear the be the same as MRC's but I don't have a box to check the nutrional info. Netrition has bars called OH YEAH Chocolate Chocolate Wafers that are very similar to MRC's - the nutrition info is just slightly different:

OH YEAH:
Calories 210 (mrc is 200)
total fat cal 117 (mrc is 110)
total fat 13 g (mrc is 12g)
sodium 130 mg (mrc is 135 mg)
total carb 8 g (mrc is 11 g)
Dietary fiber 2g (mrc is 1g)
Sugar 2 g (mrc is 4 g)
protein 14 g (mrc is 13 g)

I do really like the MRC wafers but don't eat them too often since they are so good I want to eat more than 1 serving!

Galadreal
06-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok, I had a quick question for all you lovely ladies with kids...or anyone with an opinion, really. I had 2 days of spotting at the start of last week, then nothing. I was expecting my TOM, but it never happened. I was on Antibiotics for a sinus infection earler in the month but did not think about using backup birth control becuase I have PCOS and was told I am not ovulating anyway. I took a pregnancy test on Saturday evening and it came back negative. This week I am so tired and I am sore all over, but I figured that was from Zumba. My stomach is doing these lazy barrel rolls and I just don't want to eat anything, even when it is all growly, it does not want food.

I have lost almost 20% of my body weight since I started this diet last november and I don't know what kind of effect that has had on my system, but I am starting to get frustrated, and I am so tired I just want to crawl under my desk for a nap. :(

melissab617
06-07-2012, 05:48 PM
My mom's friend sent me this recipe for Taco Seasoning (just like the packets, but better for you). The only thing that looks OP would be the cornstarch. Thoughts on this?

Taco Seasoning (for use w/1 lb meat)

2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
tsp cornstarch
tsp dried, crushed red pepper
tsp garlic powder
tsp oregano
tsp cumin

Blend all in mini food processor.

melissab617
06-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Can someone post the MetaBalance plan? I will likely be switching to it next week (from the Green Meta Slim menu) as I am beginning to train for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk, so I will be working out about 5 days a week.

camaswa
06-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Melissa, we are not allowed to post the actual plans because they are trademarked and owned property of MRC. Are you not an enrolled member of a center?

camaswa
06-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Milissa, liked the seasoning. What makes this better for you?

faerychic
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I am normally an everyday weigher - naked first thing in the morning. However, this past week I decided that I would NOT step on the scale at home - only at the center on my Saturday weigh in. My reasoning is that I am tired of stressing about not losing. I figure at least this way I won't see the ups and downs during the week - hopefully just a loss on Saturday. I started metabalance on Monday and have following the plan with no cheats(tastes or even licks!) Hoping to see a loss tomorrow since I have been at the same weight for the past 3 weigh in's. I only have 3 more weeks left of weight loss and there is no way I will reach my goal, but at least a couple more pounds down would be nice!

camaswa
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Faery, your posts so often say what I am thinking! It amazes me - we have such similar issues and even stats. I am watching the number moving up and down so much each day that I am also discouraged. I posted elsewhere that this first week on MetaBalance I have gained everyday- now today it has backed off some, putting me back where I was last week. I weigh in at the center in a few hours, but I'm even stressing some over that because it will be later in the day than usual and I wil have worked out, eaten and had more water.

I guess we should stop obsessing and just do our jobs: sticking to the plan. Let us know if your center suggests you do something different to break your stall.

Fluffy in Florida
06-08-2012, 02:05 PM
For those that are having problems with their centers, something I just found out a couple days ago is that you do not have to be on their program to buy their products. Which is good for people who don't want to be on it, or need the products for other reasons, HOWEVER if the people who are on the program are not getting the products they need then the center needs to limit what they sell (or stop selling) to people not paying for the program. It might be worth it to ask your center if they do that and complain if they do.

jlpnebraska
06-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I am on day two of the yellow menu and am struggling with being tired, not wanting to eat all of the vegetables required, and feeling bloated. Any ideas? The gal at MCR suggested exercising, but I'm too pooped to care. Has anyone else experienced this? I lost 5.5 pounds during my 4 days of pre-conditioning, so I don't want to cheat or not follow the diet to a tee, however I'm weiner when it comes to struggling. I think that I could do this better if I just drank the HNS and gave up eating! Any ideas or personal experiences that you could describe would be appreciated!

sonnyrae
06-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Just got my menus today and am super excited. I personally like that they tell you pretty much exactly what to eat for the first 10 days; it takes the guess work out of it. I am afraid I'm going to get really sick of salad :^: It's only a few days though and I'll be happy when I reach the regular menu.

I dropped 5 lbs in pre-conditioning so I'm well on my well....only 45 more pounds to go! :D

patzi
06-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Bigdog..
Thanks for the site on icecream sandwich cookies.

Patzi

sots mom
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM
It's been a while since I posted, so it's catch up time...:)

My sister had the upper lobe of her right lung removed. It was lung cancer this time, and not breast cancer like we feared. However, she has been upgraded to Stage 4. Not good....Prayers are needed, for healing, peace, and grace to get through what's to come. Thanks all.

As for me, I went to the doctor last week, and was taken off the blood pressure medicine. One of my first goals down!! Very happy about this! The doctor was very pleased about my weight loss. Having my mammogram done next Friday, and new blood work done at the end of the month. I sure hope my cholesterol levels are down too.

Down 24 total lbs since I began. I go to weigh in tomorrow and hope to sign the 25 lb board. I am so close to "onederland"...Fingers crossed, but know it will most likely be next week before I get there.

Welcome to the newbies, congrats to the loosers, and stay positive y'all!!

bigdog
06-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Ok, big BBQ fest in town and the preview was last night. it's one price at the gate and you sample from all the BBQ masters :-) does pickles count as a veggie? this lady had homemade pickles that were killer good! :-) i did well and just sampled a bite from a few of the vendors. afterwards met up w/ some friends at a BBQ restaurant (crazy, huh?) but those guys showed up late at the fest and the food had ran out so they were craving bbq. everyone ordered ribs, wings, bbq and me and another friend ordered the special...Wedge of lettuce with grilled shrimp, cubes of watermelon, thin onions w/ citrus dressing. at first i felt deprived and really wanted the bbq and mac n cheese but my meal was excellent! and i felt great afterwards. i find that when i overindulge i feel awful and sluggish (like many of you have posted here) the fest continues today and i'll probably go and walk around, prob. eat before i go and not get the all you can eat wrist band :-) bands playing all day and it's on this beautiful island on the water. Tom Berenger was there and i was taking pics of him and texting to my family in VA. hahah! he lives here and is alway at most of the events . was hoping to see Pat Conroy who is one of my favorite writers :-) i need some new tighter clothes. the photographer was there from the local nsp and he always takes our pics.(because my friends are silly girls and he has a crush on my DH) haha .he showed it to me and my outfit was baggy and unflattering. i need more fitted clothes!!!! just mixed some vanilla bean torte powder in my coffee...yum! :coffee: have a great weekend everyone and think protein, water, veggies, protein, water, veggies !!we deserve to be healthy and thinner!

lovetofishandrun
06-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Weekend with family! What do most families do when they haven't seen each other in a while and want to catch up? We eat and visit!! Have stayed away from the chips, dips, crunch, salty, sweet stuff. My mom cooks the best ham so not to offend I had 2 bites plus ate my veggies. Don't think I had enough water since we were out shopping most of the day. By the end of the day I felt like I needed my old "expand-o-waist" pants. WI is on Wednesday so water, water, water, HNS, HNS. Have a great rest of the weekend.

jlpnebraska
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
It's a new day, and I'm hoping to feel better, but still wondering if anyone else had problems with feeling so tired and fatigued. I did a little research and it seems like this could be a normal problem starting a high protein diet. But I'm wondering how long it will last. And has anyone else had leg and arm cramps? I'm guessing that it could be another symptom? Whew. This is not easy!

patzi
06-09-2012, 02:22 PM
It's a new day, and I'm hoping to feel better, but still wondering if anyone else had problems with feeling so tired and fatigued. I did a little research and it seems like this could be a normal problem starting a high protein diet. But I'm wondering how long it will last. And has anyone else had leg and arm cramps? I'm guessing that it could be another symptom? Whew. This is not easy!

Hi...
I would suggest you bring these symptoms up with your consultant and they may need to change your menu around a bit.. I am on maintenance and did not have the fatigue, but did have leg cramps, and then they went away. Did not have them for long. Let us know what they say.. It is a great diet, so hang in there.
Patzi

patzi
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
sotsmom.
I will keep your sister in my prayers.. My sister has esophageal cancer and have been down this route, so know where you are at right now.

Isn't it wonderful to be off High Blood Pressure Meds.. I was able to get off them, also. Wishing rest of your tests are all great..

Patzi

sots mom
06-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Patzi

Thanks so much for the kind words. I have gone through this cancer thing with my best friend (lost her last year at the age of 43), and two days later we got the diagnosis on my sister. At the time she was a Stage 3, so we were optimistic after her mastectomies and chemo/radiation that we could see a full recovery. I guess the Stage 4 progression shouldn't have been a surprise, but it really deflated my family. It helps to know that others understand the emotional roller coaster we are on.

On a positive note, WI today had me down another 2.5 lbs. I signed the 25 lb board, and next week I should definitely hit "onderland:!!! :carrot: WOO HOO! I haven't been there since before my beautiful baby girl was born almost 19 years ago!! My husband and I are planning a celebration that will not include our favorite restaurant this time!!:lol:

camaswa
06-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi all. I got off only a teeny .5 of my 1.5 gain last week. I switched to MetaBalance and had quite a few deviations plus more meals out than usual. While changing it up was good, I found myself making excuses to have a little of this and that. I don't quite have the hang of it yet- i was like a robot on the green menu. but I struggled to get that plan right at first too. The goal with this change is not to get so hungry between meals, especially between lunch and dinner. I have been losing steam too often.

I just had a nice lunch salad at home with arugula and other greens, 2oz. chicken and 1oz reduced fat feta cheese. Tossed with olive oil and sprinkled on some fancy "finishing" salt I got as a gift. Thats probably not smart...Then some blueberries and a cup of decaf with just a smidge of Vanilla Bean Nectar. I can handle this today. I'm staying around the house and working on some pillow covers I have been wanting to make since oh... Christmas.

Reading the health issues of the loved ones is hard. I am so sorry, and I too have been there with my dad who died of brain cancer. This is the hard part of loving someone, isn't it? Try to take care of yourself through it.

faerychic
06-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Lost 1.5 pounds this week on the metabalance menu (started on Monday). I decided I would strictly stick to the menu this past week to see if I could lose on this plan since I wasn't having much luck with the meta slim. I only have 2 more weight loss weeks left and will start stabilization on 6/23. I know I won't make goal by then but maybe I can lose a few more pounds during stabilization. If I don't I am okay with that - my clothes fit nicely, I am off the high blood pressure med's and I feel much better about the way I look. My fat percentage is still higher that it should be but I am not going to stress over it. It has been a long hard journey but well worth it.

faerychic
06-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Faery, your posts so often say what I am thinking! It amazes me - we have such similar issues and even stats. I am watching the number moving up and down so much each day that I am also discouraged. I posted elsewhere that this first week on MetaBalance I have gained everyday- now today it has backed off some, putting me back where I was last week. I weigh in at the center in a few hours, but I'm even stressing some over that because it will be later in the day than usual and I wil have worked out, eaten and had more water.

I guess we should stop obsessing and just do our jobs: sticking to the plan. Let us know if your center suggests you do something different to break your stall.

CAMASWA: the only suggestions my counselor had for me today regarding the metabalance plan was to make sure to get in all 3 HNS's (and even a 4th one) and to eat the snacks in the order they appear on the menu. She said not to switch them around. They also sent me a new metabalance menu that has a few additional choices (although I think they sent me the wrong one since it says it is for women in the weight range of 170-200)

camaswa
06-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Yay Faery! That's a decent loss!!! I'm motivated knowing you did that well.

bigdog
06-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I used to always say in the summer I swell and it must be the heat!!! If I dont drink my water I retain even more water and show a gain every time. If I'm not running to the bathroom every hour and if my urine is not clear (tmi!) then I'm not getting enough water... It can be as much as a 3 lb gain in a day!

I can drink two Mich ultras , be on plan with food all day, get my HNSs in and show a gain the next am. My weight fluctuates like crazy in the summer! I've refilled all my water bottles and have one on the deck, in the living room, kitchen and office. And in my car as always! Reminders everywhere to drink up! Btw. I am ordering water when I order beer and limiting myself to one or two. We have been eating out more because my DH and I work so much and he's too beat to cook. Had the Boom Boom lean burger yesterday which is a lean burger w feta cheese, hot sauce served on a half head of Bibb lettuce. I did have a few sweet potato fries and even took half of my dinner home Lots of lettuce that filled me up

Regarding the HNSs, the more I drink ( I try for four a day) the more I lose and it seemed to lower my body fat.. That's what my counselor told me anyway. She said more protein builds muscle and depletes fat... And every time I drink water she said to think about it washing away the fat!!!
Chug a lug!!!
I'm going to need from all of you motivation and please share on plan meals, salads, desserts, HNS shake ideas!!! I'm going to be checking the menu forum too!!!

ponygirl56
06-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Bigdog are you on maintenance?

teacherlady79
06-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi all,
I've mostly just been posting in the maintenance thread, but I thought I'd ask all of you my question--

Did they change the formula for the creamy hot cocoa? I bought 5 new boxes at my maintenance weigh-in on Friday (I only weigh in once a month now, so it's been a while since I've bought it). I like to have a cocoa every evening with my vanilla yogurt--it keeps me from snacking. But when I broke open one of the new boxes tonight (noting that the packaging is definitely different) and tried the cocoa, it was DISGUSTING. It smelled weird (more like a weird protein drink), and it tasted nasty--waaaaaay too sweet, like chemical-y sweet--and it had a weird texture.

Unfortunately, I threw my receipt away (because I've never had an issue with it before), but I'm going to call and talk to my center manager to see if she'd be willing to give me in-store credit for the remaining 4 boxes if I bring them in. It's undrinkable, for sure, and I'm pissed to waste my money on it.

Anyway, my question: is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this, too? When did they change it up? Do you think they changed companies that they buy from, or do you think the company changed the formula? I've gotten ProtiDiet hot cocoa from familybariatric.com before, and it tasted the same as the old MRC hot cocoa, so I guess I'll just have to order it from online...unless they got it from ProtiDiet and they actually changed their formula.

Any ideas? This makes me very sad--looking forward to my cocoa and yogurt every night has really helped keep me on track (and keep my sanity). :(

Tamikl
06-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Not in your imagination...the new HNS are nasty. My favorite is kiwi melon and it isn't even the same color. The grape is tolerable. I won't be buying anymore until they switch back. Their no refund policy really stinks...I wasnt told the formulas were different. Luckily I didn't buy much.

teacherlady79
06-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, that no-refund policy makes me mad. But I'm hoping, after 2 years of consistently going to this center, spending money there, and referring clients there that the site manager will at least give me in-store credit.

It sounds like I won't be exchanging for any of the other HNS drinks, though. What about the high-protein shake mix? I used to love the chocolate one, and haven't been able to find the same thing online. Is that different, too, I wonder?

Are the bars all pretty much the same? Of course, I heard they got rid of the crispy one I loved, so I don't know that I necessarily want the others. What about the soy crisps? PLEASE tell me they still have those. Those were great to take to the movies.

Ugh. I hate change sometimes. :(

Fluffy in Florida
06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
sots mom, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

My dad had a really rough weekend. Last week he had trouble with his chemo/radiation making him sick to his stomach and then this weekend he ended up in the ER with a temp of 100.9. The stress is overwhelming at times.

congrats to all losers, welcome newbies...good luck to rest.

melissab617
06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Melissa, we are not allowed to post the actual plans because they are trademarked and owned property of MRC. Are you not an enrolled member of a center?

I am a member. It was just a few days before I got my new menu and I was anxious. I am on the new menu now, and have my first weigh-in tomorrow on it. YAY!

melissab617
06-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Milissa, liked the seasoning. What makes this better for you?

I like that it doesn't have preservatives, and the flavor is excellent. Yummy!

bigdog
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Bigdog are you on maintenance?

i am but when i see a gain, i've been going back to the green metaslim menu or doing medi-quick (usually on Monday after a weekend!!)
i can't seem to get below 164 but am ok with how i feel and how i look in clothes. As soon as i eat crackers, bisquits or bread though i can tell an instant gain! clothes get tight...i'm thinking carbs absorb all the water i'm drinking and i'm swell up at once! :-)

i feel the best when i'm eating salads, veggies, fish, lean protein...lite desserts dont' seem to make me gain but Carbs definitely do (nachos, chips, bread, etc.)
i will always drink my protein shakes (HNSs) - they keep me from getting hungry and are like a chocolate or vanilla shake - i mix my fruit and greek yogurt in the blender w/ the Syntrax powder. YUM!!

faerychic
06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
My center told me that they have a new distributor for the HNS's - that is why they are different. They will no longer have the wafer bars and the Wild Berry Passion has been replaced with Wild Berry (which is not as good in my opinion). They also now have a blue raspberry liquid concentrate now - I have tried it is the past and it is a nice change. My center did not carry it until this past weekend so I guess it may have been available but just not at my center.

Fluffy in Florida
06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Speaking of the new HNS tastes, I got the blue raspberry this past Thurdsay and got to try it this weekend, I'm not sure most people will like it. It's in the tall package like the pomegranate and has an odd flavor. The flavors don't bother me too bad but all I is open and guzzle it down (no mixing). My biggest complaint is that it turns your tongue blue. I just resigned for a few more weeks, with all their changes I'm wondering if it was a bad decision. :( Ugh, I really like this program but I don't want to have to buy my stuff from all over.

teacherlady79
06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I talked to my site manager on the phone this morning. She said I can bring in the remaining 4 boxes and exchange them for something else. I think I'll get the high-protein shake mix I like.

The manager said that she's gotten a lot of complaints about the change in product, but whenever she talks to the corporate office about it, they tell her that they haven't gotten many emails or phone calls about it. So, people are complaining to their individual branches, but corporate isn't going to listen unless people are contacting them directly (do they think the site managers are lying???). She told me to go to the emetabolic.com website and send them an email to complain, and encourage everyone else to do so, as well.

So, that's what I did a few minutes ago. Here's the direct link, if you'd like to drop them a note to let them know you're unhappy with the changes to the HNSs: http://www.emetabolic.com/contact.php

In the meantime, I guess I'll be ordering my cocoa from online for a while.

Tamikl
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I talked to my site manager on the phone this morning. She said I can bring in the remaining 4 boxes and exchange them for something else. I think I'll get the high-protein shake mix I like.

The manager said that she's gotten a lot of complaints about the change in product, but whenever she talks to the corporate office about it, they tell her that they haven't gotten many emails or phone calls about it. So, people are complaining to their individual branches, but corporate isn't going to listen unless people are contacting them directly (do they think the site managers are lying???). She told me to go to the emetabolic.com website and send them an email to complain, and encourage everyone else to do so, as well.

So, that's what I did a few minutes ago. Here's the direct link, if you'd like to drop them a note to let them know you're unhappy with the changes to the HNSs: http://www.emetabolic.com/contact.php

Thank you for the information...I just now submitted a complaint, so we shall see what happens. I agree that the more that do this, the better our chances of getting back products we have grown accustomed to having and like.

Have a great day, ladies!

rachels77
06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I'll send an email also... it's ridiculous to change formulas when your program is so dependent upon the HNSs. Crazy.

Sots - Your sister and your family are in my prayers.

Just catching up on stuff... busy weekend. Some off-plan meals but I enjoyed them and moved on. Hopped on the elliptical at the motel and tried to get in as much water as possible... but I think I failed on that front. No biggie. Already downed my 33 oz this morning... will do another 60 or so and keep swimming... (hee hee, sorry... watched some Nemo this weekend with my girls).

Have a great week, all!

jlpnebraska
06-11-2012, 03:39 PM
teacherlady (or anyone else who would like to express their opinion) - I also go to the center in Omaha and am just a beginner (on day 5). I saw your post about the hot cocoa and purchased a box, along with the double chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding for my creamy HNS. Since I don't know what they tasted like in the past, I might be fine with the taste, but it sounds like there are better things out there. Could you lead me in the right direction of the best HNS at MRC or let me know of other sites that have the same products. Have you found them cheaper than the 10 boxes for $100 at MRC? I will try to do some research, but am very interested in what and where everyone else purchases their drinks. I can see that this could become a very expensive diet and that has me a little worried. We can't be wasting our money on nasty, expensive drinks!

faerychic
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Anyone know about a new menu for metaquick? I called my center this morning with a question about the new meta balance menu and they informed me that I could do metaquick with bars only. The counselor I spoke to knows that I have an issue with the shakes (they make me want to eat off plan!).

teacherlady79
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
teacherlady (or anyone else who would like to express their opinion) - I also go to the center in Omaha and am just a beginner (on day 5). I saw your post about the hot cocoa and purchased a box, along with the double chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding for my creamy HNS. Since I don't know what they tasted like in the past, I might be fine with the taste, but it sounds like there are better things out there. Could you lead me in the right direction of the best HNS at MRC or let me know of other sites that have the same products. Have you found them cheaper than the 10 boxes for $100 at MRC? I will try to do some research, but am very interested in what and where everyone else purchases their drinks. I can see that this could become a very expensive diet and that has me a little worried. We can't be wasting our money on nasty, expensive drinks!

jlpnebraska, I have yet to find anything cheaper than what they have at the center, except once in a while when the websites that carry this stuff run a special sale. However, sites like familybariatric.com and dietdirect.com have the same products, just under different brand names. My guess is that MRC buys them from whatever company produces them, but has a contract to have them packaged with the MRC name on them.

Anyway, the ProtiDiet cocoa and the Family Bariatric brand cocoa are two that I've tried that are exactly the same as MRC's old cocoa. ProtiDiet's is a little higher calorie (by about 20 cal, I think), but also a little higher protein. I'm ordering the Bariwise cocoa from Diet Direct this time, as it's the exact same calorie/protein as the MRC cocoa and I wanted to get another product (chocolate soy crisps, yum!) that Family Bariatric doesn't carry (free shipping if over $49 purchased, so I wanted to buy everything from one site). These sites also have the clear HNSs (Protidiet makes the clear concentrate ones), bars (I liked the Bariwise ones), and puddings. These are just a few that I've tried. :)

Hope this helps!

Fluffy in Florida
06-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Thank you for the info. I sent them a note too.

bigdog
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM

i joined last August and only bought like prob. two boxes of stuff from the Center. some chicken noodle soup HNS and chocolate pudding. everything else i order from Diet Direct. the Protidiet brand seemed to be the closest compared to the MRC brands and the Wonderslim come pretty close. i like things in bulk so bought the large container of Protidiet Pink Lemonade and large container of the Hot Cocoa. then discovered the Syntrax Nectar (love the Choc. Truffle, Latte and Vanilla Bean torte) and have only used those for the HNSs (0 carbs, 0 fat, 70 cal. if you use 2/3 scoop). The center didn't like it that i wasn't buying my stuff from them but they were out of the good flavors and i liked the variety that Diet Direct offers. i've gotten the Roadside Lemonade also from Syntrax. if you go this route, just try not to tell them you are buying online if you can avoid doing that. i was told there would not be a guarantee and they wouldn't continue my contract since i wasnt buying from them if i didn't reach my goal in 17 weeks. i lost about 30 lbs in 17 weeks and then 6 more on my own to reach my goal of 164. i still pretty much follow the metaslim plan and love it! i used the center to weigh in and they did give me some good advice but the turn off was all the pills (i bought phenatrim and didn't use it) - i use all my own vitamins and didn't buy any more from them. i kept telling them the plan was working and i didn't want to get dependant on the pills plus i have a low tolerance to medicine.
to be fair, the center is an hour away so it wasn't like i could just pop in so easier to order stuff online for me. if it was closer, i would have prob used them more and weighed in more. i weighed in once a week. these ladies on this board have helped me the most with menu ideas, shake ideas, motivational tips. sometimes i'll "confess" on here just so i can move on and get back on plan.

Good luck and we'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. read some of the posts on the previous months and check out the link to recipes. very helpful!

lovetofishandrun
06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Sent email to "corporate" about the flavors and packaging changing. I have noticed the change in taste but has anyone else had problems opening the "pouches"? I have to use scissors to open:( Did not eat OP all weekend so I'm anxious to WI this week.

jlpnebraska
06-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks teacherlady! I will check out those sites. Do you think that the Bariwise bars taste better than those from MRC? And when can I have chocolate soy crisps??? Day 5 seems so far from the good food!!

I'm curious as to what Metaquick is.

jlpnebraska
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks, too, bigdog! I appreciate all of the information. A lot! I live 2 hours from the center in Omaha and so I do not get in on the classes, etc. that they offer. I do not feel like I am being able to take advantage of what I have paid for, so I am looking for ways to cut costs and corners. I do think that the diet works though, so I would like to keep up on it as best as I can afford. I was suckered into purchasing the Big 3 (Phentratrim, Cortislim, and MRC-6). I haven't started taking them yet because I have been losing weight and had some fatigue symptoms to start with. I'll wait for a plateau to start them. I am kicking myself for buying them, but I also have a friend on the diet, so maybe she could use them too. I sure hope that I do not have any adverse symptoms from the pills. I also have a low tolerance to medicine/herbal supplements, etc., so we'll see. I would like anyone's input about the hoodia. That is one of the ingredients that I am a little concerned about. I really appreciate everyone's helpfulness on this site. I question the knowledge of some of the consultants that I have worked with. A few of my questions have gone unanswered and I think that if you are working for the company, you should know the scientific reasoning behind each and every part of the diet so that you can counsel the clients. Don't worry, bigdog, I won't spill the beans if I purchase items elsewhere online. I figured that would not please MRC. But, to my knowledge, we did not sign anything saying that we would exclusively purchase products from them (I will have to go read the contract). Thanks, everyone, for all of your help!!

jlpnebraska
06-11-2012, 10:09 PM
P.S. I tried the hot cocoa today for the first time - in a blender with ice as kind of a frozen hot chocolate treat - and I thought that it smelled and tasted very artificial. Since I have not tasted the old version, I can't compare, but this one needs some work! i understand why you are all complaining! I have been very happy with all of the clear HNS, other than the peach mango also tasted very artificial. I was surprised by that since the others didn't really seem like that.

teacherlady79
06-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Thanks teacherlady! I will check out those sites. Do you think that the Bariwise bars taste better than those from MRC? And when can I have chocolate soy crisps??? Day 5 seems so far from the good food!!

I'm curious as to what Metaquick is.

I honestly think that Bariwise makes the exact same bars that MRC sells--plus a few extra. I really liked the Bariwise bars, myself. I think you can have the chocolate soy crisps starting whenever you can have bars/shakes. I really liked the soy crisps, but I usually just limited myself to when we'd go to the movies or people would be snacking during a meeting at work or something. I liked them especially because it takes a while to eat the whole package (because otherwise they'd be messy, like eating Nerds, lol), so they really lasted.

Metaquick is used mostly for a plateau-buster. It consisted of a replacement shake + HNS for one meal, a bar + HNS for another meal, and then a regular, on-plan dinner + HNS. You can not do this more than 7 days in a month, I believe, but I never needed to do it more than 2-3 days to bust a plateau.

I was suckered into purchasing the Big 3 (Phentratrim, Cortislim, and MRC-6). I haven't started taking them yet because I have been losing weight and had some fatigue symptoms to start with. I'll wait for a plateau to start them. But, to my knowledge, we did not sign anything saying that we would exclusively purchase products from them (I will have to go read the contract).
I only bought the phentatrim toward the end of my active weight loss, when I hit a long plateau and needed a boost to try to get the last 10lbs off. I was like BigDog--I didn't want to get dependent on a bunch of pills, and only turned to them when I was really stuck in a rut with my (lack of) losses. That said, the phentatrim worked awesome for me. I was worried it would make me jittery or irritable, or give me some other side affects (as other diet pills have done for me in the past), but it was totally fine. I didn't feel different at all, really.

The contract states that you will purchase HNS drinks from them, as they are a required part of the program. I bought from online a few times, and the Omaha center never questioned me about a lack of purchases--I don't think they looked too closely. I still bought a box here and there, mostly so they wouldn't even notice. Anyway, if you use alternate products or purchase them elsewhere, the only thing that does is void the "guarantee" in your contract (they "guarantee" a certain amount of weight loss within a certain time period, as long as you follow their diet perfectly, or they will give you additional weeks of the program for free). It doesn't mean you can't stay on the plan or re-enroll or anything.

ponygirl56
06-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Bigdog thats so awesome your in maintenance, I was only asking because I saw you could have alcohol and I thought boy I need that plan. But figured you were in maintenance and thats why you could have it.

sonnyrae
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Day Four and I'm off to a great start. 7 1/2 lbs lost, amazing! I'm looking forward to getting on the green menu though.

How does everyone get those weight loss tickers to show up in posts?

ynapier
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
SonnyRae you have to have 25 post, I believe, before you can use the ticker. Keep posting and you will be able to add it. Great loss so far! Keep it up.

jlpnebraska
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks once again, teacherlady! You're full of advice! :) I'm sure that the center did not give me any information on the MetaQuick plan since I'm just starting, but it's nice to know that it's there. They didn't mention the replacement shakes to me at all either. I was a little frustrated the first day that I went to the center because I didn't feel like there was a lot of scientific diet knowledge being passed along, more like she was trying to make a sale. I was already pretty much sold before I got there though because I had found this site and read everyone's testimonies.

I feel better about using the Phentratrim after your comments and will hold on to it until I need it. I am a little surprised at the cost of their supplements, but dieters are emotional thinkers and they have us for sure on that one!

I priced the ProtiDiet drinks and bars last night and will now go back and look at the Bariwise. I'm sure that there is one manufacturer who is making all of this for the different brands. The flavors are all the same if you look at the brands, so I'm surprised that the tastes would be different. They can vary the formulations though and that could change the taste.

patzi
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Had mainlltenance weigh in and stayed the same 5 pounds under goal..
All the HNS packages have changed. They are all large now, where some were smaller.. One lady waiting to see a consultant said the flavor has changed. I will see. I only take one HNS and one creamy a day. Will check the ingredients also.. I have one of the older boxes left.

Patzi

FutureMrsC
06-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to say hello to you all. I have started MRC about one month ago and have lost 16lbs and 11.5 inches so far. I have been reading the forum for awhile now and just wanted to thank you all for the great information!

ynapier
06-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I had maintenance weight in today and was down 1/2 a pound. I'm good with that and am enjoying maintenance. Keep up the losses. This program is great if you follow it.

teacherlady79
06-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I was a little frustrated the first day that I went to the center because I didn't feel like there was a lot of scientific diet knowledge being passed along, more like she was trying to make a sale. I was already pretty much sold before I got there though because I had found this site and read everyone's testimonies.

There is actually a lot of good scientific background on the diet that some of the consultants are pretty well-versed in, but they don't always share it with clients right away, because honestly some people just don't care--they just want to lose the weight. And, some of the consultants aren't as well-versed in the science, I think, partly because some of them haven't done a lot of training or research because they haven't had weight issues. There's a few really good ones, though, and the site manager, Thea, is really good. I don't know if Char is still there, but she really knew her stuff. Wendy is also pretty good. There is also one other middle-aged woman who knew lots--I think she's read a lot of research outside of MRC training, too--but I don't know if she's still there.

Like I said, some of the consultants are really really knowledgeable, and some aren't. Weigh in a few times and figure out who you really like (I loved Char and Wendy because they were really knowledgeable and didn't try to force sales on me) and then stick with them as much as possible--you are allowed to request certain people when you arrive, you just have to be prepared to wait longer for them. :)

Nyght
06-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Had my first weigh in today and i was down 3.8 lbs. Yippee!!!

patzi
06-12-2012, 11:52 PM
ynapier... Glad you are enjoying maintenance. And congrats on weight loss.

Welcome nyght and congrats on your weight loss. Great diet .

FutureMrs.C.. That is quite an accomplishment.. Congrats to you and wish you all the best in your challenge

sonnyrae. That is a great weight loss.. Be proud of yourself.

If I have missed anyone, congrats to all those that lost weight.

Patzi
maintenance member

sonnyrae
06-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks Patzi.

I start the blue menu tomorrow. It's not looking a lot different; at least I get to get a "creamy" one in. I'm feeling a little depleated right now, but I'm not too hungry...just kind of exhausted. I think there was another newbie that was feeling the same way. Any others finding this out? I'm pretty active (walk a lot, swim, volleyball, tennis) and I think I'm not getting enough calories in.

camaswa
06-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Thanks Patzi.

I start the blue menu tomorrow. It's not looking a lot different; at least I get to get a "creamy" one in. I'm feeling a little depleated right now, but I'm not too hungry...just kind of exhausted. I think there was another newbie that was feeling the same way. Any others finding this out? I'm pretty active (walk a lot, swim, volleyball, tennis) and I think I'm not getting enough calories in.
Very possible- if you still feel this way in a week or so, talk to them. Ask about MetaBalance. It's more calories and more frequent eating. It is slower however. Just be careful they don't try to sell you supplements that they can't prove.

camaswa
06-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Day Four and I'm off to a great start. 7 1/2 lbs lost, amazing! I'm looking forward to getting on the green menu though.

How does everyone get those weight loss tickers to show up in posts?
You can also put your stats under your name -go to Edit Profile. I update that instead of a ticker.

CWOMAC
06-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I recently purchased 10 boxes of the ProtiDiet kiwi melon HNS for $8.75 a box from nutmegstatenutrition after they changed them at MRC. I do not like the new ones since the formula changed. The ones that Protidiet have are very much like the old ones at MRC. Again, they told me that they changed suppliers. They no longer have the peanut butter wafer bars that everyone loved at my local center either.

jlpnebraska
06-13-2012, 01:15 PM
sonnyrae - I am on day 8 and have been feeling very tired since about day 2. My daughter has a masters degree in food science and told me that it's because my body had been running on carbs for so long and now it is feeling depleted and has to learn to run on protein/fat. She gave up sugar and flour (she always tries weird things like that to lose weight and try to be more healthy) and said that the second week is always the worst when undergoing a major change. She said to expect to be tired and crabby. She also thought that I should be having headaches because I ate so much junk in the past. I haven't had any headaches and don't know if I'm crabby, but I sure am feeling like crud. I am not very hungry and almost have a bloated feeling. When I have to face my chicken and vegetables at lunch and dinner, I almost feel sick. I'm guessing that is because I would rather have pizza and pasta and desserts. But I believe that we can get past this and feeling better as our bodies adjust. I've invested too much at this point to cheat or quit. So, it's onward and upward! I find that when I feel the worst if I go outside and do nothing other than walk around the yard or pull weeds, etc. I feel better. It's mind over matter. Good luck, sonnyrae.

CWOMAC - I have been researching prices for products online and think that I am going to order from nutmegstatenutrition as well. I was interested in the big cannister of ProtiDiet pink lemonade at $19. Everyone keeps mentioning the changes in the formulas. I like the MRC kiwi melon that I purchased two weeks ago. What is different between the old and the new? ProtiDiet seems to have the same nutritional values as MRC, so maybe I will try a few other flavors. I have found that nutmegstatenutrition sells it for the same price that ProtiDiet does and you get free shipping at $79.99 where at ProtiDiet it's $120. I have found 4-5 brands that are essentially the same as MRC, so it pays to shop around.

camaswa
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Jlp, your daughter's feedback sounds right to me. I have heard that before. At first I thought I would have to give up. That said, I do not think it is enouh calories for some people who exercise a lot. I really don't.

Funny that you are now doing the same "weird" things as your daughter: cutting out sugar and carbs! Hang in!

CWOMAC
06-13-2012, 01:59 PM
The old kiwi melon is in the shorter package and has a more green color to it. The newer kiwi melon is in the tall skinny package and is more yellowish green and is a little more thin.

rachels77
06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
It's the same with the Orange concentrate - I loved that for breakfast and now it's changed so much I have to chug it to get it down... blech.

Doing well today. Up a few pounds due to my planned off-plan "cheats" over our weekend trip. No biggie. Drinking the water and getting the salads to get things going in the right direction this week. Feeling great and moving on!

Also, as you know, stress plays a HUGE roll in my weight loss... on top of the cheats, I discovered my kids' precious kitty was killed this morning. Apparently she got into my husband's vehicle sometime and he didn't realize it. So, I've been worried about what to tell them all day... they will be devastated as they (like me) are animal lovers...

sonnyrae
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I have actually had headaches, and that totally makes sense. I'm probably going through carb/sugar withdrawal!

Also, being a newb may be a good thing. So far, all the drinks I've tried are pretty tasty (green tea, orange, pomegranate, peach mango, lemonade).

The Jolly Green Bran
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I find the Pink lemonade one to be atrocious at MRC. won't be getting that one again.

SonnyRae-I felt the same way the first week. My poor body got so used to deserts and carbs everyday that my withdrawals were just bad. But it gets sooo much better. I am in my 3rd week or so and feel fine now.

jlpnebraska
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Has anyone tried the pink lemonade from Proti Diet? Or anything else from them that you can recommend?

bigdog
06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
The Protidiet pink lemonade is excellent ! I buy the large container from diet direct. I get the Protidiet hot cocoa too. They also have the protein oatmeal that is good in large container

lovetofishandrun
06-13-2012, 11:32 PM
WI today - weight same as last week but did get measured and I've lost 53.5" - yes!:carrot: Tomorrow we leave for Canada and will drive 2.5 days pulling our boat then travel 25 miles across water to the fishing camp. Needless to say this isn't a weekend trip - thank goodness we are retired. We will definitely be eating a lot of fish. I've spent last few days figuring our meals so I can stay OP as much as possible since I won't be able to jump in car and go to grocery store if I forget something! Would appreciate prayers for safe journey up and back. Wishing the best for everyone on your life's journey to live better. :goodluck: Take care

ynapier
06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Love to Fish - that is a GREAT inch loss. I seemed to be more amazed with the inches than the pounds for some reason. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing the pounds drop too. Maybe it was because the meaurement were taken less often. Your trip sounds fun. The planning will pay off. Prayers coming your way for safe travels.

Sonny - It does get better after about 2 weeks. Just keep with the program and you will be feeling GREAT in no time at all.

So many new people. Welcome. I seem to have forgotten that in the last post. Good luck with the program and visit often. This place is great for advice and support.

rachels77
06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Sonny - I think the first few weeks are rough, for me. I agree about carb and sugar withdrawals... personally, I think the body is trying to rid itself of that so you get cravings, headaches and such. Drinking a lot of water really helped me to flush everything out...

Love to Fish - congratulations on the inches! Nice! Prayers for your journey... you sound like you have everything under control with planning your meals and groceries. That's awesome... it always makes me enjoy the camping/weekend trips when I plan what I'm going to eat - I don't have to worry about anything but cooking and putting everything together... and, maybe it's me, but I think grilled chicken, veggies (loves me some squash), and salads all taste better at camp :)

jlpnebraska
06-14-2012, 01:17 PM
bigdog - It sounds like you have tried a variety of products. How does the Proti Diet lemonade compare to the Syntrax Nectar lemonade? Taste wise and if you can tell a difference in the protein levels. Is the protein oatmeal from Proti Diet plain or flavored? It's that good? I appreciate the advice before I going buying in bulk.

sonny - I am on day 8 now and am finally starting to feel better. My friend, who is also on MRC, said that days 7-10 were the roughest for her. That's when she indulged in 2 Milky Ways! After she told me that, I'm being very careful not to cave in on these last days on the blue sheet.

sonnyrae
06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Bigdog- Can you tell me how many servings you get out of a 2lb tub of Syntrax Nectar? It doesn't say on Amazon. I'm just trying to figure out costs. I'm thinking it's about $1/serving, which is better than $1.50 for HNS's.

Thanks in advance!

camaswa
06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Sonny - I think the first few weeks are rough, for me. I agree about carb and sugar withdrawals... personally, I think the body is trying to rid itself of that so you get cravings, headaches and such. Drinking a lot of water really helped me to flush everything out...

Love to Fish - congratulations on the inches! Nice! Prayers for your journey... you sound like you have everything under control with planning your meals and groceries. That's awesome... it always makes me enjoy the camping/weekend trips when I plan what I'm going to eat - I don't have to worry about anything but cooking and putting everything together... and, maybe it's me, but I think grilled chicken, veggies (loves me some squash), and salads all taste better at camp :)
I'm camping this weekend too and had been kind of worrying about the food. When I read this it dawned on me: if you don't take it, you won't eat it. We seem to have a lot of food rituals around camping for some reason, but I am going to change it up. For instance: he loves campfire cobbler with canned blueberries in the Dutch oven. So I will bring fresh blueberries for me. When he has a brownie, I will have a bar. I keep the house so clean of off-plan foods, I think he is looking forward to camping to "carb out" as he puts it. It is at a high elevation so will be cold at night (30s), which makes me want hot chocolate - need to remember an HNS cocoa. Once again, planning is so critical....

I have not been on the scales all week. It has been a relief to get off that rollercoaster of anticipation every day, but I also don't feel like I have lost anything. MetaBalance really feels like a lot more food. I have hardly eated off plan at all and have felt good physically. We will see how I do tomorrow. In a way I am not sure I care. I'm still waffling about where my goal should be and had wanted to get the bodyfat at 30 (I'm at 37), but I am growing tired of being so hyper focused on this.... I have so many events coming up that make losing difficult, sigh. This is one of those vulnerable moments when I could give it up. But I think it is better to have a goal (even if it is highter than i originally envisioned ) and feel proud of having met it that just peter out, don't you?

bigdog
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
The 2 lb. (32 oz.) Syntrax has on the label...1/4 scoop, 130 servings. 25 cal. if you're using as a HNS, 3/4 scoop would be 75 cal. so the container would be about 43 servings per container. (is my math right? 130 /3 =43.3)
i actually use a full scoop so it's 100 cal. and 1 oz so for me 32 servings.
23 G. protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 carbs for 1 oz. if it's 3/4 scoop 18 G. protein.
The Protidiet Pink Lemonade is better than the Syntrax Roadside Lemonade in my opinion and sometimes i'll mix the 2 together... the roadside lemonade is more frothy when blended... it is good w/ fresca or diet Sierra mist...
the oatmeal w/ the dried apples and cinnamon is really really good! (indiv. packets) and the reg. oatmeal is good - just like oatmeal- i add splenda and cinnamon. i don't eat oatmeal that much - just a few times in the winter. and i used to make some MRC cookies. bleah, not good at all and when i made them ate all of them in the pan. hello? hot baked stuff even it's not good - yep, ate them all!
Diet Direct has all the nutritional info for all this stuff if you want to research (even if you order elsewhere) even has reviews which are great if you want to see what flavors people prefer.. you can also order the variety pack which gives you 13 different flavors for approx. $19 - great way to check them out before spending $30+ for the big tub. i keep those in my car and camper so i'm never out of protein if i need it :-)

Protein rocks :love:, carbs are the devil :devil: LOL!

bigdog
06-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm camping this weekend too and had been kind of worrying about the food. When I read this it dawned on me: if you don't take it, you won't eat it. We seem to have a lot of food rituals around camping for some reason, but I am going to change it up. For instance: he loves campfire cobbler with canned blueberries in the Dutch oven. So I will bring fresh blueberries for me. When he has a brownie, I will have a bar. I keep the house so clean of off-plan foods, I think he is looking forward to camping to "carb out" as he puts it. It is at a high elevation so will be cold at night (30s), which makes me want hot chocolate - need to remember an HNS cocoa. Once again, planning is so critical....

I have not been on the scales all week. It has been a relief to get off that rollercoaster of anticipation every day, but I also don't feel like I have lost anything. MetaBalance really feels like a lot more food. I have hardly eated off plan at all and have felt good physically. We will see how I do tomorrow. In a way I am not sure I care. I'm still waffling about where my goal should be and had wanted to get the bodyfat at 30 (I'm at 37), but I am growing tired of being so hyper focused on this.... I have so many events coming up that make losing difficult, sigh. This is one of those vulnerable moments when I could give it up. But I think it is better to have a goal (even if it is highter than i originally envisioned ) and feel proud of having met it that just peter out, don't you?

Camaswa, if you lived closer, i'd drop by and make you take a long walk with me! then we'd stop at a downtown bar and you could have a glass of wine and i'd have a mich ultra. we would talk about how far we have come and that you wear a size 10! and prob. smaller! i'd say, wow, you look great in those jeans and have you been working out? you are so muscular and so motivated working out w/ your trainer. what? you threw away another box of godiva chocolate. Wow, you are way stronger than me, girl! and how many inches have you lost? that many? OMG, that is incredible. your high body fat if they measured it correctly in the first place which i seriously doubt is because you are well endowed. remember this discussion we had on the board? LOL! i hope im not making you mad and that you are laughing!! i'm menapausing too and just ask my DH, i am irritable, bloated and hate my hair, feel like im fat, blah, blah. he has to remind me how far i've come and hey look at me now!! :-) Celebrate your successes, girl, because i am your biggest fan!!!! and menapause is a b***h. makes you retain even more water. sounds like also when you weigh in, it's after work or even after a work out. i can weigh in the am, do a 4 mile walk, and weigh when i get back in and i'm 2 lbs heavier.
are you taking anything for menapause? my doc recommended EstroNatural (the generic from Walgreens that is similiar to Estroven Extra Strength) has B-6, calcium, black cohost extracts and is supposed to reduce hot flashes and night sweats. not sure if it will keep me from wanting to slap some of my coworkers but we will see......(and i'm a normally cheery person!)

camaswa
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Bigdog, Oh my god, you made my day! Gotta run to a meeting but I'm so glad I took a second to check back in. Hahaha. Thanks! More later.

sonnyrae
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks Bigdog! With 43 servings a container, that brings it down to about 75 cents a serving (through Amazon)! I'm pretty stoked now. I kept sucking protein drinks down and visualizing money going down the drain. Using the Syntrax Nectar will help.

Fluffy in Florida
06-14-2012, 06:23 PM
The money for all the HNS was a lot for me to get over at first but then I finally said it's not money being thrown away...It's money I'm using to better my health and there is no better way to spend it than making me healthy!

sots mom
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
The money for all the HNS was a lot for me to get over at first but then I finally said it's not money being thrown away...It's money I'm using to better my health and there is no better way to spend it than making me healthy!

Fluffy - That's how I feel too. It is money well spent if I get results! And so far the results have been remarkable. There is not a day goes by that someone notices the change, and the brand new size 16 pants my DH made me buy are baggy now. Gonna have to shop for some 14's, and that puts a HUGE grin on my face :D.

sots mom
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Camaswa, if you lived closer, i'd drop by and make you take a long walk with me! then we'd stop at a downtown bar and you could have a glass of wine and i'd have a mich ultra. we would talk about how far we have come and that you wear a size 10! and prob. smaller! i'd say, wow, you look great in those jeans and have you been working out? you are so muscular and so motivated working out w/ your trainer. what? you threw away another box of godiva chocolate. Wow, you are way stronger than me, girl! and how many inches have you lost? that many? OMG, that is incredible. your high body fat if they measured it correctly in the first place which i seriously doubt is because you are well endowed. remember this discussion we had on the board? LOL! i hope im not making you mad and that you are laughing!! i'm menapausing too and just ask my DH, i am irritable, bloated and hate my hair, feel like im fat, blah, blah. he has to remind me how far i've come and hey look at me now!! :-) Celebrate your successes, girl, because i am your biggest fan!!!! and menapause is a b***h. makes you retain even more water. sounds like also when you weigh in, it's after work or even after a work out. i can weigh in the am, do a 4 mile walk, and weigh when i get back in and i'm 2 lbs heavier.
are you taking anything for menapause? my doc recommended EstroNatural (the generic from Walgreens that is similiar to Estroven Extra Strength) has B-6, calcium, black cohost extracts and is supposed to reduce hot flashes and night sweats. not sure if it will keep me from wanting to slap some of my coworkers but we will see......(and i'm a normally cheery person!)

Big Dog - you are a HOOT! I wish I could put a face to all the personality you put on here. :joker:

sots mom
06-14-2012, 06:59 PM
WI today - weight same as last week but did get measured and I've lost 53.5" - yes!:carrot: Tomorrow we leave for Canada and will drive 2.5 days pulling our boat then travel 25 miles across water to the fishing camp. Needless to say this isn't a weekend trip - thank goodness we are retired. We will definitely be eating a lot of fish. I've spent last few days figuring our meals so I can stay OP as much as possible since I won't be able to jump in car and go to grocery store if I forget something! Would appreciate prayers for safe journey up and back. Wishing the best for everyone on your life's journey to live better. :goodluck: Take care

The inches are GREAT! Congratulations!!

Y'all be careful, and have fun. I can't wait to hear about your trip when you return. And as for staying OP...you GOT THIS!! :)

sonnyrae
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Just spilled vanilla pudding mix all over myself and kitchen *sad face*

teacherlady79
06-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi ladies--

FYI, here's the email I got from MRC about my complaint on the yucky cocoa:
Thank you for your comments concerning our cocoa product. We are very sorry your experience was not the best. As you noted we did change the formula, and while the product is perfectly safe to use the flavor key is not right. We are correcting this, and will have a shipment to our centers very soon. When the new shipment arrives please contact your center for a full exchange.

I went ahead and exchanged my 4.5 boxes of cocoa at my center today for two boxes of high protein shake mix--my site manager agreed to do it since I've been a client for 2 years.

I also mentioned to her that I'm 1 weekend away from completing my yoga certification, and that I'd be willing to teach an intro to yoga class at the center if she'd like. She got all excited, and the 2 women standing behind me in line immediately said "I would definitely be interested in that!" So, it's looking like I'll start the first Saturday in July. We didn't discuss details (frequency, etc.), but it sounds like she'd like to have me do it weekly. I don't know that I'm willing to do it that frequently without getting some kind of compensation (it's a bit of a hike to the other side of town for me, so gas and wear and tear on my car), but I certainly don't mind doing it a few times.

I started my certification program because I want to bring yoga to people like I was--overweight and/or injured or physically limited. These are the people who are usually too intimidated to take a yoga class in a gym or studio, but they are the ones who would likely benefit the most! My first two teachers believed in me and provided me lots of support and modifications until I was strong enough to do it on my own, and I want to do that for others. So I'm excited to be able to do just that! :D

If you'd like an inspiring video about what yoga can do, check this out (be sure to have the kleenex nearby):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

Tamikl
06-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi ladies--

FYI, here's the email I got from MRC about my complaint on the yucky cocoa:
Thank you for your comments concerning our cocoa product. We are very sorry your experience was not the best. As you noted we did change the formula, and while the product is perfectly safe to use the flavor key is not right. We are correcting this, and will have a shipment to our centers very soon. When the new shipment arrives please contact your center for a full exchange.

I went ahead and exchanged my 4.5 boxes of cocoa at my center today for two boxes of high protein shake mix--my site manager agreed to do it since I've been a client for 2 years.

I also mentioned to her that I'm 1 weekend away from completing my yoga certification, and that I'd be willing to teach an intro to yoga class at the center if she'd like. She got all excited, and the 2 women standing behind me in line immediately said "I would definitely be interested in that!" So, it's looking like I'll start the first Saturday in July. We didn't discuss details (frequency, etc.), but it sounds like she'd like to have me do it weekly. I don't know that I'm willing to do it that frequently without getting some kind of compensation (it's a bit of a hike to the other side of town for me, so gas and wear and tear on my car), but I certainly don't mind doing it a few times.

I started my certification program because I want to bring yoga to people like I was--overweight and/or injured or physically limited. These are the people who are usually too intimidated to take a yoga class in a gym or studio, but they are the ones who would likely benefit the most! My first two teachers believed in me and provided me lots of support and modifications until I was strong enough to do it on my own, and I want to do that for others. So I'm excited to be able to do just that! :D

If you'd like an inspiring video about what yoga can do, check this out (be sure to have the kleenex nearby):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
L

That is funny...I got the exact same response from MRC regarding HNS complaint...word for word:). I hope we are being taken seriously.

lovetofishandrun
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Getting ready to turn in for the night; however, I wanted to thank all of you for prayers and kind words. We traveled about 715 miles (12.5 hrs) today and we do have numbbuttitus - yes that is a medical condition :tired:. Tomorrow is about 6 hrs. of traveling and we still won't be there - yikes. After we checked in we walked to Applebee's. Waitress asked how we were doing and I told her I would be a lot better once she delivered me Mich Ultra. Hope everyone has a great Friday.

teacherlady79- I have a friend on MRC that is about 300 lbs. I know yoga would help her with stress but it isn't easy for her to get into most of the poses. Awesome video. I'm sending her the link.. TY

sonnyrae
06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
I just tried the hot cocoa and you guys are right, yuck! It's almost as if it's slimy, really weird. After my vanilla pudding spill, I made a cappuchino "shake" and it was delicious!

Btw, I haven't had another official weigh in yet, but I've noticed I gained about a 1 1/2lbs after starting the blue menu. Did anyone else gain? It doesn't seem like I'm eating any more than the yellow menu, so I'm kind of surprised. Hopefully I'll drop it soon. I'm on plan and everything!

faerychic
06-15-2012, 04:56 PM

CAMASWA: I, like you feel so much better on the meta balance plan and staying off the scale at home (much less stress!). I may have mentioned this before but I have decided to start stabilization next Saturday whatever my weight may be. I am pretty certain I will not be at my goal weight. Maybe I am not supposed to weigh 160 at this point in my life or maybe I will drop a few more pounds in stabilization. It has been such a struggle to get to 167 - I am ready to move on and looking forward to stabilization. I actually am happy with how I look now (well, truth be told if I could have a tummy tuck that would make me happy! 4 pregnancies and c-sections have taken their toll in that region:p) I look at it like this.......I have also met 2 of my goals: size 10 jeans and off the high blood pressure med's. So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Anyway, you are only 2 pounds away from your goal weight and I think you should be proud of yourself right now.

ynapier
06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Faerychic - I agree with you stabilizing now. If you are ready and it does sound like you are then go for it. The number on the scales isn't the ONLY thing that should motivate us. I think being happy with yourself is huge. Not to mention the clothes size and being off the meds are awesome! I started stabilization when I was about 6 pounds away from goal. I was and still am happy with my body and how I feel now. I have dropped a couple more pounds which is a good feeling but if I don't drop anymore I'm OK with that at this point also. I just WON'T let myself go the other way. You will enjoy stabiliation and maintenance.

rachels77
06-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Camaswa - I agree with you... planning is key. But, like you, I also think it gets soooo tiring focusing on body fat percentage... Mine is high too, but I've lost 77 or so pounds... went from a size 22 to a 9/10... and I have so much more energy! Focus on the positives my friend - do what you can with weights and stay with your lifestyle change, but be proud of where you have come from! You look amazing (I'm sure) and feel great... the rest will come.

Teacherlady - I admire your wanting to give back with the yoga classes - so inspirational! To pay it forward is a great thing...

Have a great weekend, guys! Onward!

camaswa
06-15-2012, 07:55 PM
CAMASWA: I, like you feel so much better on the meta balance plan and staying off the scale at home (much less stress!). I may have mentioned this before but I have decided to start stabilization next Saturday whatever my weight may be. I am pretty certain I will not be at my goal weight. Maybe I am not supposed to weigh 160 at this point in my life or maybe I will drop a few more pounds in stabilization. It has been such a struggle to get to 167 - I am ready to move on and looking forward to stabilization. I actually am happy with how I look now (well, truth be told if I could have a tummy tuck that would make me happy! 4 pregnancies and c-sections have taken their toll in that region:p) I look at it like this.......I have also met 2 of my goals: size 10 jeans and off the high blood pressure med's. So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Anyway, you are only 2 pounds away from your goal weight and I think you should be proud of yourself right now.
I totally hear you! Congrats on having the clarity of mind to decide when enough's enough! You are very smart.

The Jolly Green Bran
06-15-2012, 08:30 PM
With July 4th coming up and a ton of bbqs going on, what is everyone's game plan?

faerychic
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Faerychic - I agree with you stabilizing now. If you are ready and it does sound like you are then go for it. The number on the scales isn't the ONLY thing that should motivate us. I think being happy with yourself is huge. Not to mention the clothes size and being off the meds are awesome! I started stabilization when I was about 6 pounds away from goal. I was and still am happy with my body and how I feel now. I have dropped a couple more pounds which is a good feeling but if I don't drop anymore I'm OK with that at this point also. I just WON'T let myself go the other way. You will enjoy stabiliation and maintenance.

This is good to hear YNAPIER that you have dropped a couple more pounds since stabilizing. I am hoping I can do the same.

sots mom
06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
:cp:

I am very happy to report that as of last night, I have "crossed over" to that ONEderful place that is ONEderland!! I haven't been here since my daughter was 6 months old, and she is soon to be 19! I can't tell you what a big deal this is to me. All of the diets I have been on before got me to 200, but I could never force myself over into the 100's. I feel totally energized, and fully believe that I can make it to my personal goal.

BIG SHOUT OUT to the Auburn, AL MRC team. They are awesome!!

bigdog
06-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Way to go Sots mom!!! Congratulations!!!
It seems like over the years I would get to 185 then join WW, lose 20 to 25, the regain and start all over again. Lose. Regain. Lose. Regain. Then last summer guess menopause struck and next thing u know I was at 200. Felt like crap. Joined MRC and took it day by day. It's the best plan for me and I feel great. I am never regaining!!!!! Threw the yo yo away;)

sots mom
06-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Big Dog. My yo-yo is also in the trash. This year I reclaim "ME" and nobody nor anything is gonna stop me. There may be a few bumps in the road, but I am fully committed. This group has helped me a lot. I don't post much, but I read every day, and there are always "pearls of wisdom" that get me through whatever the bumps of the day are.

sonnyrae
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Another pound lost! Although, it's probably more as I was wearing jeans yesterday during weigh-in. The consultant said that jeans typically weigh about 2 lbs, so in my head, I'm down 3 :)

On my scale at home I'm at 189, which is a wonderful feeling, but I'll be most excited when I hit the 170s again. I was 175ish throughout summer last year and I rocked a bikini for the first time in LONG time. While my tummy wasn't perfect, I felt really good. I'm looking forward to pulling that bad boy out before the end of summer!

bigdog
06-16-2012, 02:49 PM
you are exactly right, Sots mom! it's about you, it's all about me and we all need to remember that! Ladies, Repeat after me!! let it be all about you!! :-)

i think as women we are so used to taking care of everyone else and put ourselves last sometimes. i'm lucky that my DH loves to cook and clean but i take out the trash, take care of our three dogs (GSDs), maintain the cars, do all the bills, taxes and work minimum 10 hours a day or more (sales, straight commission) - we dont have kids but take care of my elderly in-laws (dad in law- legally blind, can't drive, has cancer, mum in law- Alzheimers and crazy :-) - sorry she's always been crazy even before Alzheimers) my father also has Alzheimers and is 89 but so happy! and doing great. he does still remember i'm his favorite little girl - haha!!

i have no control over any of those things but i do have control over what i chose to eat and drink. Walking my dogs is my favorite past time! walking my DH is fun too when he's not whining about havin to walk - LOL!;)
ok, headed to the deck w/ huge glass of water and to read The Good Dog (great book!!)

have a great weekend!

apronsbymeme
06-17-2012, 05:21 PM
HI, I'm new here! Did MRC a few years back and lost what I needed too. But since then my mom (89 yrs. old) has moved in and I've gained 40 lbs from mostly stress!! But I have decided to take back my life and my body!

I really am happy to be back. I wanted to reply to Sonnyrae who wrote:

Btw, I haven't had another official weigh in yet, but I've noticed I gained about a 1 1/2lbs after starting the blue menu. Did anyone else gain? It doesn't seem like I'm eating any more than the yellow menu, so I'm kind of surprised. Hopefully I'll drop it soon. I'm on plan and everything!

I started the same time as u and I feel the same way. So Keep on Keeping on!! I use the Syntax Powders also and they are great. They now have them in Latte Flavor. Can't wait to get mine.

I did read a post back in the beginning of this June Thread about Protein Bars matching MRC's. I found these at Sam's Clubs!! They match up almost perfectly!!

Pure Protein, High Protein Bar, 20g Protein
Calories: 180
Fat: 4.5 g
Carb: 17 g
Sugar Alcohol : 4g
Protein: 20 g

One thing I wanted to ask about them???? When we use one the protein snack bars, what do we eat with it? Vegies???

Thanks and SOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be BACK!!!!

JodiH
06-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Aprons -- I was told that if I ate a protein bar at lunch to have a veggie with it. But, if it is for breakfast, it with a protein drink is ok. I don't think we are supposed to have one for dinner, but in a pinch I would also eat a salad with it. Sometimes it is the best choice we have!

jlpnebraska
06-18-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else struggles with wanting a snack? I'm sure that I'm not the only junk food junky on here! But today I really struggled. Maybe it was because I walked down two or three candy aisles in the stores and walked by the bakery in the grocery store. I used to buy (and consume mainly by myself) tons of junk. Now we can't even have popcorn! What do you all do? I ended up going outside to water my garden and stayed out there longer than I had intended just because I didn't want to come in the house and be tempted by something. Well, I ended up caving in anyway. I don't have any junk food in the house, but ate 1/2 of a caramel nut protein bar just because it was the closest thing that I had to real chocolate in the house. I've been on the diet for 2 weeks and seem to struggle every other day! I sure wish that I had never gotten so addicted to junk food!

JodiH
06-18-2012, 10:47 AM
jlpNebraska -- Yesterday was tough for me, too. Had 2 Fathers' day dinners. But, one thing I do is drink a protein drink if I am hungry. MRC told me to eat a low-fat string cheese or some veggies. I have found if I will eat some protein and drink a glass of water the craving will diminish. Sounds like you handled it pretty good. You removed yourself from where there was any food, and you ate some protein. So, don't give up! I have really only had about 2 times that I was really hungry and was told to take my Big 3 a little earlier each time. That really helped. But, you can do this!Remember it took a long time to get where we are, and it will take a while to be where we want to be.

rachels77
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I hear you on the junk cravings... You did the right thing with removing yourself from the situation. Even if you had 1/2 a bar, that's still not horrible. Learn and move on. The thing that helps me the most is making sure I get my water in. I try to do 30-40 oz between breakfast and lunch, 30-40 between lunch and dinner and 30 after... (we have early dinner).

I'm a little more relaxed with my eating, but that's changing this week... I need to re-commit to watching every bite, not snacking unnecessarily and journaling like a crazy woman. I think that, if I'm honest with myself and write EVERY bite down, I won't eat as bad because then it's staring me in the face...

Did HORRIBLE on plan yesterday... hubby wanted Chinese for his Father's Day lunch. We hadn't eaten chinese in over a year (our kids were super excited) but, by last night, I remembered why I can't eat it anymore... ugh. Acid, stomach aches... pure yuckies, folks... I'll remember that lesson for a while!

camaswa
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Sotsmom- congratulations! That is fabulous! There is just something about that number 200 that is so psychological. I've been there, and was very close again before I got a grip. Love the idea of throwing the yo-yo away! I fully intend to do that as well!

camaswa
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Camping trip this past weekend was easier than I thought it would be. I didn't take the usual treats and with lots of good veggies and fruit, I did just fine. Although i didn't get much exercise- the campground had a sign posted about bears so I decided to stay on the road for walking by myself while the man was out fishing. Narrow shoulder and I didnt enjoy it, so came back. Instead laid around and read that book everyone is talking about (come on, ladies, you know the one).

Last Friday they did measurements and I haves lost 46 inches total. That's insane. Funny to realize that EVERYTHING gets smaller- like your neck and your knees!

faerychic
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Camping trip this past weekend was easier than I thought it would be. I didn't take the usual treats and with lots of good veggies and fruit, I did just fine. Although i didn't get much exercise- the campground had a sign posted about bears so I decided to stay on the road for walking by myself while the man was out fishing. Narrow shoulder and I didnt enjoy it, so came back. Instead laid around and read that book everyone is talking about (come on, ladies, you know the one).

Last Friday they did measurements and I haves lost 46 inches total. That's insane. Funny to realize that EVERYTHING gets smaller- like your neck and your knees!

Ummm yes, I do know the book you are talking about. I have not read it myself but my girlfriend was reading it on our Vegas trip and read a few paragraphs to me at the pool........:o

46 inches lost is impressive! The weight training is paying off - I had mine done on Saturday and am at 39 inches lost. Funny you mention the knee measurement - apparently mine has increased a bit and my counselor just could not understand why. Finally told her I don't care about my knee measurement - don't worry about it! Now if it was my waist..........:p

camaswa
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Faery, well, I can't say it's a great book (or even a good book, truthfully) but I definitely see why everyone is reading it! And there IS a plot, albeit totally implausible. I was going to stop after the first one, but my hairdresser told me a few things about book 2 that got me curious. Now I guesss I will have to go on to book 3.

How weird your knee measurements increased! And I'm with you-who cares! My waist has gone down a total of 7 inches. Summer pants I took camping would barely stay up. I am doing all manner of ab exercises with the trainer but not so much on the other days. I just don't push myself like she does. I wish trainers were not so expensive - I would have one 3 days a week if I could!

apronsbymeme
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
WOW, all of your Inch Losses are GREAT!! I just started at the Gym 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to get measured. Some pants are fitting much better. So I know it's working. I hear ya about having a trainer 3 times a week. That would be really nice. I have mine 2 times a month. What are u all doing at the Gym? I would love to know!!

camaswa
06-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Apron, we do something a little different every week, but always runthroughjust about every major muscle group. 20 minutes of interval cardio first on a spin bike, sometimes step aerobics, whatever. I did kickboxing for a while, but not enough to get good at it. I like old style freeweights and traditional exercises. I bought Brazil Butt lift DVD, but it is too hard to get through. I try it every few days.

bigdog
06-19-2012, 09:33 AM
here's a great article from an email i got from WW... (i subscribe to WW, Hungry Girl and MSN) and receive all kinds of tips via email. i have to stay constantly motivated! Summer is the hardest for me which is prob. why i started with MRC in August (to get summer out of the way to commit)

Summer Sabotage

Try these tactics and keep the "light" season from getting heavy.

Appetite tends to decrease as the temperature rises, so losing weight this summer should be no problem, right? Not necessarily. Unfortunately, barbecues, weddings, visits and vacations, this time of year can actually be a weight-loss minefield.

Food is often the focus of our summer entertaining, and it's easy to lose sight of how much you're consuming. When you're at a party, before you pick up a plate, scan your options, suggests Susie Klein, MS, RD. "Think about what you really want, then get a plate and follow through on those choices."

Size does matter, so keep portion control in mind, says Ellie Krieger, MS, RD. And while you may be tempted to take a vacation from sensible eating while you're enjoying time off, Krieger advises that you merely loosen up rather than abandon your diet plan altogether. "When you're on vacation, allow yourself a little treat." Here are five more strategies for staying on track all season.

BYO
When invited for to a barbecue or picnic, contribute a chopped vegetable salad or some other healthful dish. That way you'll know there's at least one item on the menu that's tasty, filling, and low in calories.

Sit down
Rather than grazing throughout the party, get a plate, take small amounts of the food you want, sit down and enjoy it. Calories mount up, one nibble at a time, when you're hanging out at the buffet table mindlessly eating as much finger food as you want.

Get moving
After eating, leave the table and the temptation and do something active. Take a walk on the beach, play catch with the kids, start a volleyball or softball game, toss a Frisbee or football. Take the focus off food while you burn away your meal.

Quench with care
On a hot day it's easy to down glass after glass of lemonade or punch, but unless you've made it yourself and know for sure, be aware that it's probably loaded with sugar. Summer favorites such as smoothies and frozen margaritas can also be highly caloric. The best way to quench your thirst is with water. Make it flavorful by adding slices of orange, lemon or lime.

Treat yourself
Delectable doesn't have to be decadent. Indulge with lobster (hold the butter) and other fresh seafood. Corn grilled in the husk is flavorful without added calories from butter. And it wouldn't be summer without watermelon. It's sweet, fun to eat, loaded with nutrients and low in calories.

bigdog
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Camaswa and Faerychic,
congrats on all the inches lost - way to go!!! maybe your knees are getting muscular so a couple more inches :-) i need to get a paper tape measure..the metal one is a bit dangerous! haha.
going camping this weekend fri to mon in the mountains of VA,meeting up w/ my family. planning on cutting up a bunch of veggies to put in camper frig - i know we'll have BBQ, hotdogs, hamburgers. im def. taking my mini blender and the Syntrax powder and case of water. will have to partake of some Mich Ultra too (did i mention i'm meeting up w/ my family?) i don't take drugs :-) so have to take some beer w/ me! LOL! we are planning on hiking to the waterfalls and since we are camping on the river side, it's a long walk or bikeride to the pool and fishing pond, so i'll be getting some good exercise in. 8 hour trip so will have some cheese string, veggies, fruit to munch on.... Tradition is we stop at McD's so we can get the dogs some fries and my DH a burger... i usually get the Happy Meal and give the fries to the dogs.. i love their toys!! that i keep on my computer desk :-) i did notice last time they gave me apples and just a few fries which was great thinking on their part!

jenkatt
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Camaswa and Faerychic,
i usually get the Happy Meal and give the fries to the dogs.. i love their toys!! that i keep on my computer desk :-) i did notice last time they gave me apples and just a few fries which was great thinking on their part!

About 3 months ago, Mickey D's changed their happy meals to include apples and a mini fry in them instead of a small fry and cookies. My son was so happy since he hated choosing between the fries and apples

bigdog
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
got the Berry salad from Wendy's last night...not sure of the nutritional value...kind of scared to look! it's grilled chicken, blueberries, strawberries, almonds (of course you can leave those out but sooo good) and FF raspberry dressing. also have shavings of really good romano (i think!) cheese
it's better than a gourmet restaurant salad! at least around here in my small town. you alsohave the choice of getting a full or half size. i usually get the full size and save part of it for the next day. it really is a big salad!

jlpnebraska
06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
bigdog - I saw that salad advertised at Wendy's and wondered if we could have one. I'll have to question MRC about it. Will Wendy's give you the nutritional info if you ask for it? I suppose that it's online somewhere too.

Today was a day of repeating, "Nothings tastes as good as skinny feels!!" I loaded up a huge platter with baked goods for a funeral and didn't even have a crumb!! I have noticed that while on the MRC diet I don't have the urges to cheat as much as I did on other diets. Maybe it was just the time of day though. I can pass on stuff in the morning, but bring it out at 5 p.m. and watch your fingers!

While I'm on here, I would like to warn everyone about the evils of the scale. Many years ago I lost 40 pounds and got on the scale about every day. When the scale didn't show me what I wanted to see, I got terribly depressed and once even threw the scale out the back door. Really! The mental stress of dieting evolved into bulimia and then I really had a problem. PLEASE, everyone, don't take dieting to extreme and don't depend on the scale so much. I suppose that a tape measure could be equally deadly. :) Take it one day at a time and if you look good, your clothes fit, and you are happy - things are going in the right direction. It's often a slow process and a new eating lifestyle that needs to be learned. It won't all happen overnight or even by next week. Just don't get phobic about losing weight. . . it can be a dangerous game.

Well, that all said, I'm wondering how you all find the energy to work out? I am still feeling fatigued and usually only have enough energy to complete the tasks of the day, let alone go to the gym. I'm on day 13 of the diet, so I keep thinking that the fatigue will go away soon. No luck!

And how in the heck do you all drink so much water? I have never been a water drinker, so 64 ounces is a lot. Rachels77 - you drink enough water to float a boat! I don't think that I could do it. I kind of feel water-logged at about 50 ounces! But trying to push through for the good of the diet. . . .

bigdog - I agree with the article's warning about summertime (or any time) drinks. You can consume more empty calories drinking things than you would believe.

Everyone who has posting lately seems to be doing a good job dieting. Way to go everyone! Keep it up! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!!

faerychic
06-19-2012, 12:57 PM
jlpnebraska: I just recently stopped stepping on the scale every morning and feel much less stressed about whether I lose or not. I have never thrown the scale out the door but have given "the bird" to my scale when I didn't like what it read :^: As for exercising - I didn't even think about trying anything but walking until after i had been on plan for 4 months. In the beginning I was always light headed and would often get migraines. My center actually does not suggest anything more than walking for exercise. You should probably give yourself more time on plan to adjust to less food before you start exercising (or check with your counselor for advice).

bigdog
06-19-2012, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=jlpnebraska;4376452]bigdog - I saw that salad advertised at Wendy's and wondered if we could have one. I'll have to question MRC about it. Will Wendy's give you the nutritional info if you ask for it? I suppose that it's online somewhere too.

here you go!
http://www.wendys.com/food/Nutrition.jsp?product_id=1428

half salad is 238 cal. and full size is approx 450. the cheese is asiago.
lots of protein! carbs are pretty high for the full size. check out the link above. prob. the dressing pushes up the carbs... what's cool about Wendys is that you can delete the ingred. you want to take out to fit your food plan.. i usually split and eat half for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day...

lovetofishandrun
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Everyone seems to be focused right now. We are in Canada for another 10-11 days. I'm not getting my usual 70-80 oz. water each day, maybe 50. The shoreline up here is not like in the South - it's all rocks so getting to shore for potty break is difficult at times. I did not bring a food scale with me but I think I'm doing well with portion control. I have been on diet since Sept. so I figured the scale was one less thing to pack and keep up with plus space was a premium since we boated in to camp. Hubby is out with guide today so I'm reading and getting caught up on posts. Good luck to all on your journey.

jlpnebraska
06-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks, bigdog, for the link to Wendy's. The salad is pretty high in fat, carbs, and sugar. I'm going to have my food science guru look it over and tell me what I should take out to bring those numbers down a bit. I just came in from mowing the yard and the whole Wendy's web site looks good!!

faerychic - Only weighing in twice a week could be a smart move if you were getting stressed with your scale. You are only 5 pounds from your goal and you can fluctuate almost that much in a day. Keep up the good work! I think that I might try to walk on my treadmill to start exercising. It's cooler inside and I can read while I walk on there.

sonnyrae
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
jlp - I find that your body will get used to all the water. You feel super full at first, but then your body adjusts and you can't go without (at minimum!) 64 oz a day. At least, that's my experience. I usually get in about 100, more if I'm exercising.

I got to sign the 10 lb board today AND I'm finally on the green menu. I had cottage cheese and a peach for breakfast and it was the BEST. PEACH. EVER.

I ordered a bikini from Old Navy yesterday. 10 more lbs and I'm wearing it, whether other swimers like it or not :)

jlpnebraska
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
sonnyrae - Who cares what the other swimmers think! They will be looking at the smile on your face, not at your swimsuit!!

Ten pounds in ten days? Good job!

The Jolly Green Bran
06-19-2012, 08:35 PM
SonnyRae, I just love your attitude! Hey you know what? Ordering a bikini isn't a bad idea at all!. Congrats to all the inches and pounds lost everyone!

The Jolly Green Bran
06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok I haven't dared step on a scale this week. This weekend was tough. We are in the process of moving no pots and pans and (eek) eating out. I did ok most meals with salads and chicken but I have to say my water intake was terrible and so were a couple of meals. Was it worth it? NO but now I feel awful.

Rowdy
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Heading to MCR for a weigh in. It has been busy around our household, I am so glad I have my standby main foods, broccolli, tuna, chicken, apples, greek yogurt,melba, plenty of HSN's and bottles of water for times like this. I stay closer to program that way. I am finding summer harder for me with daughter out of school and my routines from school year are non existent. Plan on picking up half a berry salad after weigh-in. Thanks bigdog for telling about them.

rachels77
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
JLPNebraska - Yep... I'm a water drinker. I try to keep a full container at my desk to sip throughout the day... If I don't have enough, I feel fatigued and usually gain. If you can't do regular water, some try lemon slices or something in it. And, I'm weird, but I can't hardly do super-cold water (hurts my teeth!). I floated alot before my body adjusted...

With the fatigue, I was pretty tired the first few weeks of the plan... I think my body was adjusting not having that afternoon sweet "pick-me-up" and the sugar I'd consume throughout the day. I also had headaches from caffeine withdrawal. Exercising in the morning usually helps me with energy, although most of my Zumba classes are at night. I try to fit in some morning elliptical when I've overindulged the previous day (last week was fried pickles... I know, I know :)

Sonnyrae - Congrats on the bikini! Work it, girl! I went to a waterpark with my kiddos yesterday and it was interesting to see how people chose to wear their swimwear. Having two kids, my tummy isn't up to par on the bikini, but one day. One thing I appreciated about yesterday was that, for once since I was 18 years old, I didn't feel self-conscious in my tankini. I felt good, I played with my kids and did a few waterslides ... and I.had.fun.

That's what this program has done for me... getting out there and getting in there with my kids, seeing my friends and family without wondering if they're thinking about what I'm eating or if I'd gained another 5 pounds, and finally... not being so focused on food and having that eating/guilt cycle... I feel great, I'm down from a size 20/22 to a 9/10 and I'm not burning up when I'm outside. And, I like how I feel... I'm not at the bodyfat percentage I want but you know what? That's okay... I'm living, I'm healthy, and I'm happy...

Have a great week everyone!

apronsbymeme
06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!
About the WATER!! I'm not sure what is the HSN's but they make me hit the bathroom tons!! Artificial sweetners usually do that to me. Drinking water too almost makes me want to strap a porta-potty to me. So I don't drink more than 20 or 30 oz. of water. I know they say drink drink it helps with the weight loss. But HOW?? How have noticed the difference? What advice can u give me?

It has been 3 weeks and I've lost 5 1/2 lbs.

Thank you soooo much Ladies!!

Galadreal
06-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Got back a few days ago from vacation. Been completely off plan the whole time, but also walking at least 8 blocks a day to and from the hotel. It is hard to stay on plan when you are having to go to restaraunts with 8 other people and none of their restaraunt choices have anything healthy.

Now guzzling water and hoping weigh-in does not go badly. So tired!

Most embarassing moment of the convention? Being told I am wearing the wrong bra size at the chain-mail shop. But I got an awesome new top that fits really well.

rachels77
06-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey, Galadreal -

I used to sell bras for a living, including the bra fittings. Don't be embarrased... back then, about 75 percent of women were wearing the wrong size bra, so you're not alone. A new bra (if the fitting is done right) will make a big difference in appearance and comfort.

Aprons - I'd recommend keeping a bottle of water with you at all times. I even take a small cooler with water and have my own bottle where ever I go. I try to take frequent sips and drink 8 oz or so if I'm feeling hungry. I didn't drink much water AT ALL prior to starting MRC and now I feel tired and don't lose as much when I don't drink up... I'm not sure about why it helps with weight loss, I'm sure it has something to do with keeping cells hydrated and "flushing" fat. I definitely do notice a difference, personally, if I don't have at least 90-100 oz per day...

teacherlady79
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
JLPNebraska - Yep... I'm a water drinker. I try to keep a full container at my desk to sip throughout the day... If I don't have enough, I feel fatigued and usually gain. If you can't do regular water, some try lemon slices or something in it. And, I'm weird, but I can't hardly do super-cold water (hurts my teeth!). I floated alot before my body adjusted...

With the fatigue, I was pretty tired the first few weeks of the plan... I think my body was adjusting not having that afternoon sweet "pick-me-up" and the sugar I'd consume throughout the day.

Ditto this. I used to gag on water, I hated it so much when I first started. But now I average 80-100oz of water on my non-exercise days, and about 120 oz on my exercise days. And yes, this means I have to go to the bathroom A LOT. I also never used to have to get up to potty in the middle of the night, but I have to get up around 2:30 or 3am every night now, like clockwork, to pee. It used to be even more than this, but I started restricting my fluids at around 8pm so I wouldn't risk having an accident in bed (how embarrassing would THAT be????).

And I was miserable my first couple weeks on plan. I was fatigued, irritable, and emotional. I think I was definitely going through a carb/sugar withdrawal, but also suddenly having to find another way of coping with my every day stresses rather than turning to food made me a bit of an emotional mess. Not to mention that I was used to eating meals I truly enjoyed, and the meals were very plain (and sometimes gross to me) at the beginning of the plan, so I was almost depressed about having something that I enjoyed taken away from me.

Which just makes me realize how far I've come and how much my mindset has changed. Now I look at food as fuel for the most part, and I don't have to always like it. Yes, I still splurge, and yes, I try to make my meals as delicious as possible, but I don't whine or complain when it's just plain chicken and veggies for the 3rd night in a row anymore, either.

Congrats on all the losses (pounds and inches), ladies! Keep it up!

camaswa
06-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Omg, they are getting SO bad. Last night one leg and foot, this morning the other. It's truly unbearable. Does anyone else have these and what do you do?

Galadreal
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Rachels, it would not have been so bad if I had been going down, but before this diet started I was wearing a 42 DDD, this guy tells me I am supposed to be in an E. GAH!! On the plus side it fits so well I can totally see doing jumping-jacks in it (wearing it over the clothes, chainmail on bare skin = BRRR!!) He also told me that he offers lifetime resizing, so no matter how much weight I lose he will take it in for me, but it should be good even if I lose up to 4 sizes. I don't think my chest is going to get below a 12, so I think I am good on that front anyway.

I have already started planning out my Halloween costume around it, now I just have to figure out leather working and kick the program into high gear (NO MORE CHEATS!) so I will look awesome in it.

jlpnebraska
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions about the water. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has/had trouble drinking enough. I could drink 64 oz. of diet Mt. Dew without a problem in the past. You wouldn't think that I would struggle with water so much.

I think that I am also struggling with fatigue because I used to eat lots of sweet treats and many of times that is what kept me going throughout the day. My goodness, how awful is that??!! Again, glad to hear that I'm not alone in this new game of avoidance. I was (I almost said "am") also an emotional eater, teacherlady, and that is one heck of a hard habit to break. I know that food was my crutch. Maybe I could make it be water! :)

Anyway, thanks ladies for your helpful hints and commiseration. I weighed in at MRC today and wasn't very pleased that I haven't lost anything in the last 5 days. They are calling it a plateau, so tomorrow I'm starting to take the Big 3 and maybe add another HNS per day. Oh, and drink more water! It's only day 14 for me, so sooner or later this has to get easier. You are all testimonies to how well the diet works and your helpfulness on this blog is much appreciated!! I do agree with many other comments, that this blog is as helpful or more helpful some days than the MRC!

P.S. I asked my food science daughter to review Wendy's berry salad for me and this was her reply -
I just looked up the salad. You should be able to eat it if you take off the dressing (totally just sugar syrup), and the asiago cheese (high sodium, high fat). The fat is coming from the chicken (I'm sure they don't use the leanest of cuts), the cheese, and the almonds. The sugar is coming from the dressing (which is just sugar and corn syrup....basically candy), and the berries. Small amounts of carbs may be coming from the lettuce, and the chicken (those little processed chicken boobies contain modified corn starch).

Basically just ditch the dressing and the cheese and you can eat it. Therefore...you are eating lettuce with chicken, berries, and almonds. It might be more beneficial (and cheaper) to make this delicacy at home. But if you are stuck eating out, this is a good choice.

sots mom
06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions about the water. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has/had trouble drinking enough. I could drink 64 oz. of diet Mt. Dew without a problem in the past. You wouldn't think that I would struggle with water so much.

I think that I am also struggling with fatigue because I used to eat lots of sweet treats and many of times that is what kept me going throughout the day. My goodness, how awful is that??!! Again, glad to hear that I'm not alone in this new game of avoidance. I was (I almost said "am") also an emotional eater, teacherlady, and that is one heck of a hard habit to break. I know that food was my crutch. Maybe I could make it be water! :)

Anyway, thanks ladies for your helpful hints and commiseration. I weighed in at MRC today and wasn't very pleased that I haven't lost anything in the last 5 days. They are calling it a plateau, so tomorrow I'm starting to take the Big 3 and maybe add another HNS per day. Oh, and drink more water! It's only day 14 for me, so sooner or later this has to get easier. You are all testimonies to how well the diet works and your helpfulness on this blog is much appreciated!! I do agree with many other comments, that this blog is as helpful or more helpful some days than the MRC!

P.S. I asked my food science daughter to review Wendy's berry salad for me and this was her reply -
I just looked up the salad. You should be able to eat it if you take off the dressing (totally just sugar syrup), and the asiago cheese (high sodium, high fat). The fat is coming from the chicken (I'm sure they don't use the leanest of cuts), the cheese, and the almonds. The sugar is coming from the dressing (which is just sugar and corn syrup....basically candy), and the berries. Small amounts of carbs may be coming from the lettuce, and the chicken (those little processed chicken boobies contain modified corn starch).

Basically just ditch the dressing and the cheese and you can eat it. Therefore...you are eating lettuce with chicken, berries, and almonds. It might be more beneficial (and cheaper) to make this delicacy at home. But if you are stuck eating out, this is a good choice.

JLP - I struggled with water in the beginning also. I am up 100+ oz per day now and the weight seems to come off easier, AND I don't get hungry like I did before the big water push. Stick with it and increase as you can til you get up to at least 64 oz, more if possible. I think you will really like the difference it makes. :)

aw82797
06-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I just joined MRC on Monday and am in preconditioning this week, I go to the food class on friday, how much of a change is it to go from preconditioning to on program.I believe I will be on metaslim, is there limitations on exercise with this plan? I just don't know what to expect and am still quite nervous I have a good 150 lbs to lose to get to final goal weight. I guess I will find out on friday huh lol. I just wanted to pop in and say hi

teacherlady79
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I weighed in at MRC today and wasn't very pleased that I haven't lost anything in the last 5 days. They are calling it a plateau, so tomorrow I'm starting to take the Big 3 and maybe add another HNS per day. Oh, and drink more water! It's only day 14 for me, so sooner or later this has to get easier.

If it's any consolation, jlpnebraska, the tendency is for everyone to stall out between day 14 and 30. It's just your body suddenly realizing "hey! changes! what the heck!" and adjusting to the change. If all you do is drink more water and truck along with the diet, you'll probably start losing again naturally in about a week.

Keep in mind that the weight losses on the scale are not going to be consistent week to week, even if you follow the plan perfectly. Once in a while, our bodies need to pause and readjust. It's just part of the process. If you're frustrated with a short stall like this one, just ask them to take your measurements again--usually you will still show a loss in inches, even if it doesn't show up on the scale, and sometimes seeing that you aren't truly stalling out, your body is still changing and reacting, is enough to keep you cheerfully marching on. :)

jlpnebraska
06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks, teacherlady, for the cheering on! You are more motivaton than the counselors at MRC (I won't name names because you probably have met them). The problem that I can see with the two gals that I have worked with is that they have not lost much weight themselves. The best advice on anything usually comes from someone who has experienced it. You have obviously lived this diet and been very successful. Thanks for the motivation today!

jenkatt
06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyone else having sudden tooth pain when they started the plan? I don't remember this last time, but my teeth since Monday have been uber sensitive to cold (I have some sensitivity to cold, but not like this) and also sensitive to hot (never had that before). Wondering if the diet change is doing it?

LolaBunni
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey ladies! I'm hours away from joining MCR and I can't wait! Will be back later to post how it went. You ladies are awesome!

camaswa
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Anyone else having sudden tooth pain when they started the plan? I don't remember this last time, but my teeth since Monday have been uber sensitive to cold (I have some sensitivity to cold, but not like this) and also sensitive to hot (never had that before). Wondering if the diet change is doing it?
I doubt it!

LolaBunni
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
My meeting today with the consultant was great! I was not pressured into buying anything. I will start pre-conditioning on Monday and the actual program next Thurday. Cant wait!

teacherlady79
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
The problem that I can see with the two gals that I have worked with is that they have not lost much weight themselves. The best advice on anything usually comes from someone who has experienced it.

I agree. There's a couple of the gals there who just don't "get" it. They talk the talk, but they still don't actually understand.

Hang in there, though, because there are a few there who are absolutely awesome and great cheerleaders!

The program works as long as you work the program, and it sounds like you're doing everything right. You'll get past this stall and continue to see losses, I promise. :)

sonnyrae
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I can't remember who had the leg cramps, but that's usually due to a lack of potassium (which can happen when dieting). It happened A LOT to me when I was pregnant and I just ate bananas. We can't eat bananas, but you can probably get lite salt which is half Sodium Chloride and half Potassium. I guess it's technically not "on plan" but it's less salt than sea salt and an easy way to get in potassium. Disclosure: I am in no way a health professional so check with your doctor :)

In other news, another 1/2 pound down! My new bikini should be here today and I'm excited. If I'm brave enough, I'll add a picture :D

jlpnebraska
06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
sonnyrae - I had leg cramps when I started two weeks ago, but they went away. I think that it had to do with my all-over feeling of fatigue. My arms also ached. I've never been a banana person, so can't imagine that I was missing the potassium. I have heard, too, though that bananas will cure achy muscles. I'm just glad that the feeling passed.

When I started, there was a conversation on here concerning Proti Diet products vs. MRC products. I recently purchased a big cannister of Proti Diet pink lemonade because it is much cheaper per serving than the MRC packets. It tastes about the same to me. Maybe a little "creamier," but that has to do with the type of protein in the drink (I think). I also got a box of Diet Protein To Go's mocha pudding and shake mix. If you like mocha flavored things, this tastes great! I was very surprised at the excellent flavor. Maybe I was just hungry for something "junky," but it hit the spot. I have a couple other Proti Diet products to try. More later on those.

sots mom
06-22-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm down another 2.5 lbs for a total of 32!!!!! Feeling very proud of myself.

We are traveling to Mobile tomorrow for my great-niece's 1st birthday party, and I am a little nervous. It's a pool party/grill out kinda thing, and from what I gather, there is pretty much nothing on plan available. My plan? I will eat before I go, and take my own water, and an extra HNS. I will also get to see/spend time with my oldest sister. I haven't seen her since her last diagnosis/surgery, and I am really looking forward to spending a little time with her. Every memory with her is precious.

Please pray for safe travel for us. Thanks y'all!

melissab617
06-22-2012, 06:02 PM
It has been a week or so since I posted. I have been SUPER busy beginning my Susan Komen 3 Day Training. I am walking about 15-20 miles a week now. Due to the change in my activity level, I was put on the MetaBalance menu. I have been a bit disappointed with my lack of weight loss over the past week since I went on the MetaBalance menu. I have only lost 1/2 lb. But, we did a full body comp and I have lost 2.5 lbs of fat. Apparently, the training is increasing my muscle mass, so my "weight loss" has slowed. But I press on....

rachels77
06-22-2012, 06:13 PM
SotsMom - Way to go on the 32 lbs! Also, great job on planning the water and HNS at the event. Go you! One thing that helps me if it's a potluck situation is to take something I can have... i.e. salad or strawberries or grilled veggies... just a thought, if you want to eat with everyone else.

Melissa - 2.5 lbs of fat is great! Proud that you are training and doing all that walking ... what a great cause and a wonderful way to treat your body to some extra movement... Way to go!!!

anjy99
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I just did the food nutrition class today and started Metaslim level 1 today. I lost 3lbs during preconditioning so I guess that's a good start. I'm having a hard time believing that I can finally release all this weight.. it feels too good to be true

jlpnebraska
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Another taste test result - MRC vanilla pudding beat Proti Diet.

camaswa
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Leg cramps- that was me. I started taking potassium supplements the same day I posted the question and it's getting better. I haven't woken in the night. When I wake in th morning I kind of feel like one or both calves and feet could cramp, so I get up and stretch right away. I hope this does the trick.

patzi
06-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone... Wishing you all a great weekend.. Congrats to all that lost .
Patzi

mur
06-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I just joined MRC. Starting plan today. This is a great site. Great support. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. :). ��

mur
06-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Well post above just posted. Hopefully you will not get 3 more of the same post.

mur
06-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Do any of y'all exercise? If you do what do you do and how long and how many days a week. Thanks

jlpnebraska
06-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Can anyone give me some good ideas on what to mix in with Greek yogurt so that it doesn't taste like bad sour cream? I tried vanilla and then added almond flavor and then added stevia and it still wasn't very tasty. And that was only to about 2 oz. of yogurt. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but at this rate, I will never acquire it! I don't like cottage cheese either, so my breakfasts are getting boring. . . mostly eggs.

rn5192008
06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Can anyone give me some good ideas on what to mix in with Greek yogurt so that it doesn't taste like bad sour cream? I tried vanilla and then added almond flavor and then added stevia and it still wasn't very tasty. And that was only to about 2 oz. of yogurt. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but at this rate, I will never acquire it! I don't like cottage cheese either, so my breakfasts are getting boring. . . mostly eggs.

I use my HNS to flavor my greek yogurt. I especially like to mix the lemon makes it taste like lemon cream pie.

jenkatt
06-24-2012, 06:13 PM
I mix fruit in

lovetofishandrun
06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Hoping all of our friends along Gulf coast are high and dry. Stay safe out there.

camaswa
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Look at the thread on this topic. There are lots of ideas posted there.
My favorite is a lemon HNS with it. But then I love the stuff plain or with Splenda, so maybe you just aren't a Greek yogurt person.

faerychic
06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Or do all women have spend hours shopping to find the right, panties, bras, jeans and bathing suits? I decided I needed to buy new panties today after I had to keep pulling them up at yoga class this morning! After an hour of searching at Kohl's I came up with 2 styles I might like. Another thing...........why do the manufacturers feel the need to continually change the styles? Maidenform made the perfect boyshort and they have been discontinued. Guess I should just be happy that I now need smaller panties :p

faerychic
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Had my stabilization meeting yesterday and I am so confused today. Anyone know if there is a different stabilization menu for the metabalance plan? I asked the consultant yesterday and she told me everyone does the same menu during stabilization. It just doesn't seem right to me since on metabalance you eat 3 smaller meals and 3 snacks throughout the day - now I am supposed to go back to 3 meals?

Good news is my fat percentage is 34.9% and the range for me is 30-34% AND I gained back some muscle that I had lost putting me back at 29%. When I started this journey my fat percentage was 42, so I am really happy to be almost within range.

aw82797
06-24-2012, 11:25 PM
I go OP tomorrow and am excited, I lost 5.5 lbs during preconditioning. I work out pretty hard weight lifting/sculpting at least 2-3 times a week and am used to eating an apple prior to for fuel does anyone know what I can do for fuel? can I still eat my apple? I don't think there are any veggies that would work to keep me from passing out during the workout.

I have been doing well resisting foods I'm not supposed to eat, passed up pizza, & mcdonalds I'm feeling proud of myself for that. I'm ready to get this weight off.

ynapier
06-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Welcome to all the newbies! Good luck in your journey. It's been a rough week for me but I'm determined to get back on track and started out on the right foot this morning. One meal at a time!

sonnyrae
06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I was a bad girl and had mojitos this weekend. I made them myself, so I used splenda instead of sugar, but still. No gain showing, but no loss either. They were GOOD though!

rachels77
06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I was a bad girl too, with some Mexican food... yummy taco salad, but I did the Fat and Carb Blocker before eating and feel pretty good about it. Smaller portions at the church potluck last night... biked 3 miles in addition to Zumba on Saturday... feeling pretty good!

Love that our garden is yielding some yummy tomatoes and cucumbers now! I love fresh, home-grown produce!

jlpnebraska
06-25-2012, 01:24 PM
rachels77 - What is the fat and carb blocker? No one has mentioned that to me.

rachels77
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh... it's something they sell at the center... some take it, some people don't. It's a Fat and Carb blocker that you can take prior to a higher fat/carb meal (I usually take mine before eating out due to not knowing how something is prepared and what kind of oils are still hanging out with my food). It's supposed to block some of the fat and carbs from the body... for my experience it works... I have an "eliminating" affect, usually 20 or so minutes after eating... I know, TMI...

camaswa
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
For what is is worth, the 3fc person who monitors these boards once wrote us with a research study saying is no proof that carb and fat blockers work.

Lots of people do swear by them....

melissab617
06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Melissa - 2.5 lbs of fat is great! Proud that you are training and doing all that walking ... what a great cause and a wonderful way to treat your body to some extra movement... Way to go!!!

Thanks! I has been hard not to see the numbers on the scale move much, but I felt SO MUCH better once the body comp showed I was losing fat. The 3 Day training is pretty rough, but I am actually really enjoying it (except when it is 100 degrees here in Dallas...yuck!) Even my walking partner (my dog) gave up after 1 mile yesterday and I had to carry him home -- wimp. I am just glad he is still a puppy and only weighs 35 lbs so far. Haha (he is a boxer)

melissab617
06-25-2012, 05:59 PM
I just joined MRC on Monday and am in preconditioning this week, I go to the food class on friday, how much of a change is it to go from preconditioning to on program.I believe I will be on metaslim, is there limitations on exercise with this plan? I just don't know what to expect and am still quite nervous I have a good 150 lbs to lose to get to final goal weight. I guess I will find out on friday huh lol. I just wanted to pop in and say hi

AW, welcome! As far as exercise goes, it depends upon your plan. I started on MetaSlim which is very low calorie. When I began training for the breast cancer 3 Day walk, I was switched to MetaBalance which has some dairy, etc. and a few more calories to take into account my training schedule. Your counselor should be able to go over that with you. :)

jenkatt
06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
weighed in today, down 6 pounds since I started last Monday...

bigdog
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
. On vacation for 4 days camping with family. Typical breakfast was bacon, sausage, eggs, and biscuit!! I love biscuits and only had one each am... ;) 2 mornings. Which we would eat around 10:30. Then eat again around 3ish and didn't eat dinner. I took my mini blender,frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt, vanilla bean syntrax powder and had a couple shakes a day. I gave the bread on my sandwich and hotdog to my dogs :)
Mindlessly ate baby Swiss cheese nips and fritoes one day. -- was not hungry! They were just there. Bad bad bad! We did walk a lot and rode our bikes which was good. Chugging water now!!!! Ok losing power on iPad. More later

bigdog
06-26-2012, 10:01 AM
AMAZING! i didn't gain over my 4 day holiday! went for a power walk this am w/ DH and my dogs and then got home, stripped down and weighed in. normally i would never do that coming off a holiday, especially with family! (yes, all the comfort food was there!!) but read that Camaswa weighed in after her vacation and was like, ok get it over with! i did drink tons of water and drank at least two HNSs a day. we had fresh veggies from the garden, i didnt eat any of the bread except for a small biscuit 2 mornings. good thing about camping vacations, we are constantly walking the dogs, riding the bikes and even in preparing a meal, running around... being prepared w/ veggies, fruit, greek yogurt and my Syntrax powder really helped. my sister who is on WW kept offering me bananas and grapes and i was offering her grapefruit and strawberries. i made her a vanilla bean torte shake w/ frozen strawberries and greek yogurt and she turned her nose up at it. had cinnamon w/ my grapefruit and she was like yuck! she gave me some granola snack packs and i was like 30 g. carbs? no thanks. told her i don't eat bananas or grapes....anyway,she's successful w WW - lost over 40 lbs. and i told her that FOR ME, eating high sugar foods makes me jittery and want to eat more, that my body requires more protein. she being my older sister was trying to convince me otherwise but anyway, i told her your plan works for you and my plan works for me :-) i almost told her that because of the FAT pictures she took of me last June (and emailed to everyone)!!! was the reason i joined MRC in August and finally succeeded in getting the weight off. but i played nice as always. haha!!!

ynapier
06-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Bigdog sounds like the camping trip went great and not gaining was even better. Congratulations.

JenKatt 6 pounds is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

I'm feeling bloated and down these past couple of days. I have been eating OK but last week I had a couple of Dr. Peppers. Bad, I know but I really crave them when it's hot out. I feel like I am WAY up and go for maintenance WI today. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I feel like it will be.

Fluffy in Florida
06-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Ever since I lost my 50lbs I've been gaining and losing the same 1.5 to 3 lbs . I just can't seem to break past this. It's been so long now I'm really getting discouraged. I know stress with my dad's cancer has a lot to do with it but I'm trying not to let it. When I first started struggling my counselor was helping but then she got another job (so happy for her) and now I just don't seem to have the same connection with the others there. Frustrating because I had just purchased more time. I told them the other day if I keep on like this I will end up quiting. Said it out of frustration more than anything and the response I got was...I understand. Kind of expected a different resonse and it left me even more frustrated and confused. I'm going in on a different day so I can see the other counselor who has been through the program. I'm just so down about the weight loss now that I'm not sure I can pull myself back up. Thanks for listening guys!

jlpnebraska
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Fluffy - I feel bad for you that the center did not seem more caring. I think that you are on the right track, wanting to talk to a counselor who has been through the program. Have you ever talked to the manager of the center? I have to wonder if that person is better qualified to get you back on track and be more sympathetic about your circumstances. When we diet, we don't need people to hold our hands and feel sorry for us, but we do need people who can relate to dieting and maybe especially emotional eating, etc. I have felt myself like MRC is a money trap, but once upon a time, they figured the science behind their diet out and it seems to work pretty well. I guess that we have to pay for that to a point, but they also seem awfully profit hungry. Stick to your guns, girl, and don't give up!

I have been told that I should mix up my diet to break through a plateau. I tend to eat the same things a lot. And I guess that oranges and grapefruit jumpstart something too. Can't prove it by me yet, but it's worth a try to see if you can get past the 1.5 - 3 pounds. Oh, and it was also suggested to drink more water and get in a few more HNS each day. One gal also said that making sure that you get 4000 mg. of omega 3 each day could help too.

A 50 pound weight loss is amazing and you deserve better treatment at your MRC center. Keep your chin up. You don't have far to go now. You can do it!

Tamikl
06-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Ever since I lost my 50lbs I've been gaining and losing the same 1.5 to 3 lbs . I just can't seem to break past this. It's been so long now I'm really getting discouraged. I know stress with my dad's cancer has a lot to do with it but I'm trying not to let it. When I first started struggling my counselor was helping but then she got another job (so happy for her) and now I just don't seem to have the same connection with the others there. Frustrating because I had just purchased more time. I told them the other day if I keep on like this I will end up quiting. Said it out of frustration more than anything and the response I got was...I understand. Kind of expected a different resonse and it left me even more frustrated and confused. I'm going in on a different day so I can see the other counselor who has been through the program. I'm just so down about the weight loss now that I'm not sure I can pull myself back up. Thanks for listening guys!

Fluffy...nope, nope, nope!! You don't get to give up...now or ever:) Like you, I have lost a total of 50lbs..and won't let my frequent fluctuations detour me from maintaining what has been quite the effort...as you well know:) I can't even begin to imagine losing the one counselor that has helped you so much throughout this journey, but please know you have us. Whenever you need encouragement, support, a kick in the *** (lol) or whatever, just ask!!! Please get past your feelings of frustration and just keep on moving forward. We will help you pull yourself back up if you let us!!!

Hang in there...you have done fantastic!! Reaching out like this is a huge step, and my desire is that this forum won't let you down:) Hugs to you!

bigdog
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Bigdog sounds like the camping trip went great and not gaining was even better. Congratulations.

JenKatt 6 pounds is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

I'm feeling bloated and down these past couple of days. I have been eating OK but last week I had a couple of Dr. Peppers. Bad, I know but I really crave them when it's hot out. I feel like I am WAY up and go for maintenance WI today. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I feel like it will be.

i think i'm finally programmed to know what to do! i even surprised myself :-) even when i'm eating a sandwich, i automatically start pinching off the bread and throw it to my dogs! but hot crusty biscuits right out of the oven? could not turn them down. but had one small one and not three loaded w/ jelly and butter like i used to! i really think all the time what i'm eating...if it's not worth it, i throw it away or stop eating it. even w/ the baby swiss cheez-its, i knew that 25 crackers were 150 cal, 19 carbs, 3 g. protein, 7 g. fat. i really read labels a lot now. and even w/ cheez its, idon't need 25 crackers..a taste of 5 or 10 is enough and i write it down.

Water is the key, i was running in and out of the camper to pee! :-)

do you drink diet Dr.Pepper? it is my favorite soda of all! i mix w/ the chocolate truffle HNS all the time, it's soooo good! i really dont like most diet drinks but it's good. i used to take the diet soda and pour just a splash of the regular soda on top to drink it - that works if you just can't stomach diet soda....

Simi
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi there! I just met with my local MRC this morning and learned about the program. I didn't sign-up right away because I wanted to see about finances & such. Just called them back to make an appointment on Thursday & I take my first food class this Friday! I'm so excited about trying this program and hope I have just as much success as many of you have had. :D

bigdog
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh... it's something they sell at the center... some take it, some people don't. It's a Fat and Carb blocker that you can take prior to a higher fat/carb meal (I usually take mine before eating out due to not knowing how something is prepared and what kind of oils are still hanging out with my food). It's supposed to block some of the fat and carbs from the body... for my experience it works... I have an "eliminating" affect, usually 20 or so minutes after eating... I know, TMI...

what's in the fat and carb blocker? sounds like a laxative to me :-) i know w meta quick - when i asked the counselor about it, she told me to take a colon cleanser before meta quick after a vacation or bad choices over the weekend. i'm thinking it was even in the email she sent me! i didnt do it though...im outside sales and no way in he** was i going to chance an accident calling on customers! yikes!

Fluffy in Florida
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you bigdog and tamikl! I've been feeling like this for a few weeks and this morning said to myself I need to post about it to the ladies who know what I'm going through.
The lady I want to talk to is also the manager. I normally feel really good about my center and the people that work there. I think the lady who weighed me in the other day didn't know how to handle me because I started crying instantly when I saw the reading and she has never seen me that way. I'm normally upbeat about it even when I gain a little because I know what did it. She did suggest mixing it up so I have been eating a lot of fish and berries this week. Been really good about getting in more veggies too. 100 oz of water is about all I can manage lol and that is what I drink already. I think I just have to pull my head out of my arse and tackle this the way I did at the beginning. I have been sharing my HNS with my dad trying to get something in him since he rarely eats anything with the chemo and radiation treatments and I need to make sure I'm eating all of those I'm supposed to. Again, a matter of tackling this and not let it tackle me. I shall see how things go this week. Thank you again!

bigdog
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Fluffy - I feel bad for you that the center did not seem more caring. I think that you are on the right track, wanting to talk to a counselor who has been through the program. Have you ever talked to the manager of the center? I have to wonder if that person is better qualified to get you back on track and be more sympathetic about your circumstances. When we diet, we don't need people to hold our hands and feel sorry for us, but we do need people who can relate to dieting and maybe especially emotional eating, etc. I have felt myself like MRC is a money trap, but once upon a time, they figured the science behind their diet out and it seems to work pretty well. I guess that we have to pay for that to a point, but they also seem awfully profit hungry. Stick to your guns, girl, and don't give up!

I have been told that I should mix up my diet to break through a plateau. I tend to eat the same things a lot. And I guess that oranges and grapefruit jumpstart something too. Can't prove it by me yet, but it's worth a try to see if you can get past the 1.5 - 3 pounds. Oh, and it was also suggested to drink more water and get in a few more HNS each day. One gal also said that making sure that you get 4000 mg. of omega 3 each day could help too.

A 50 pound weight loss is amazing and you deserve better treatment at your MRC center. Keep your chin up. You don't have far to go now. You can do it!

Well said! Fluffy, jlpnebraska is the one that gave you the excellent advice, not me but how weird because i was going to reply and a dang customer called me and i got sidetracked!! when i went to the center, sometimes they would ruin my day depending on who i got. one time i went in to weigh and had on heavy winter pants...i did take off my jacket and as much as i could but did not show a loss (knowing it was the clothes) because even though my scale is 2 lbs different from theirs - i showed a 4 lb loss on my scales knowing it would be a 2 lb on theirs. the girl kept going on and on like i really needed to follow the plan and didn't even listen to me. from then on, i took the lightest tank top and shorts i had to always change into to weigh in. and reminded myself i was doing great no matter what stupid comments they would make. it was always, buy more pills and i never bought into that. come to the boards - we will motivate and hug you!!!

ynapier
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Bigdog I drink both. I prefer regular but I've decided after WI today which was up 3 that I'm going back to the green menu and having HNS like I did then. I HAVE to get this nipped in the bud before it gets worse. I'm determinded not to let this get out of hand or I will be back where I started and I most do NOT want that. I will have to search my journal for what caused the gain or if it was just bites and tastes. Because honsetly I don't write those down and I have had more in the past week than previously.

Fluffy, you can do this. You have come a LONG way and are so close to goal. You have to take care of you so you can take care of you Dad. He needs you to be strong and healthy to help him through what ever God has in store. The change in counselors is not easy either. I've been there. I think seeing someone different will help. Keep you head up!

Fluffy in Florida
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Big dog thank you for pointing that out and I'm sorry jlpnebraska for not thanking you for the response. Not sure how I messed that up.

I'm trying to stay strong. Thank you all.

CWOMAC
06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Fluffy, I'm right there with you. I haven't posted much but love to read everyone's posts. I too have lost 50 pounds and I have been within 1-3 pounds of the same weight now for 3 full months. I have been very frustrated because I am eating like I should. Each time I go in they tell me that to just keep up the good eating habits and it will eventually break through the plateau. They tell me to change things up and drink more water, even 10 more ounces a day. I have tried it all and still fluctuate up 1 or 2, then down 1 or 2. The manager at my center said that 50 pound plateau if very common but they haven't seen anyone stay at it as long as I have. I have even quit going to my center twice a week and started going 1 time a week until there is more movement to talk about. I understand your frustration and just hang in there like I am and maybe we will get through it. The stress of staying around the same weight doesn't help either along with all of life's other stresses. I have asked about going back to the pre-conditioning menu and they said it wouldn't do any good unless I have been really eating off plan. It does make me feel better that someone else is having the same thing happen, I just hope yours doesn't last as long as mine has. :dizzy:

Fluffy in Florida
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
CWOMAC...sorry to hear you are experiencing the same thing. I've been really good this week and hope that with the change in protein to more fish will help out. The only major changes have been external changes and stress. I hope we both can break this plateau and move on from here. I've had them before but not for this long and not with the big weight fluctuations. Although I hate that you are going through this it is good to know I'm not the only one.

rachels77
06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Fluffy -
Sorry, I've been out the past few days but I wanted to tell you that you can do this... you're doing the right thing by recognizing where you are and reaching out for support. I think everyone goes through a time of difficulty. Remember, this is an on-going journey... not a sprint. It's your life and things will happen along the way to detour us for a bit but, you know what? We're strong. We have the tools to succeed. And, it's okay to take those detours every now and then. It's not going to un-do your hard work as long as you recognize where you are and where you're going... I keep thinking of how many times in the past did I have a difficult time at work and stopped on the way home to get some ice cream and finish a HALF GALLON before going to bed? How many times did I just say "forget it" when I had failed at dieting and ate some cashew chicken and fried egg rolls? But now, I let myself slip occasionally, correct myself and move on...

I'm proud of how far you've come. You are faced with such a horrible situation with your dad but you are strong. You can do this.

We're okay on this front... busy with the kids and had to put off WI until Saturday... Not feeling the greatest but we're moving on.

Have a great week everyone!

Fluffy in Florida
06-27-2012, 04:28 PM
rachels77 thank you for the kind words. After I posted here I actually started to feel a little better. I spoke with my husband the other night and he is such a great supporter. And you are right, we can do this!

I am so lucky to have my husband support me and back me with everything I do. He knows the struggles my mom and I are going through (of course my mom worse than me) with my dads cancer so he told me this saturday I am to go and get my mom and take her out. He will spend the day with my dad and take care of him. I often wonder why I was blessed to have him in my life (I thank his exwife every day lol) :)

sonnyrae
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say you guys are inspiring!

anjy99
06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone.. just wanted to post and say yesterday I got to my first goal of 5lbs on Day 8.. so happy to be headed in the right direction..

melissab617
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
The past 2 weeks have been rough for me. I have been doing my 3 day training religiously and it feels GREAT! My problem is that once I walk 5-10 miles, there is a little voice in my head that says I can then justify a cheat. It sounds a lot like "hey, you just walked 7 miles and burned 600 calories. You can afford to have that small chocolate bar that is only 200 calories. You will still be down 400 more calories than you were 3 hours ago!"

I know in my heart it isn't right, and as soon as I cheat i wish I hadn't. But, for some reason I am having a LOT of trouble with my self control in the last 2 weeks. Thankfully, I haven't gained any weight because I AM walking so much. But I also haven't lost much (about 1 lb in 2 weeks).

I am thinking of doing the MetaQuick menu for a few days since I am not training again until Saturday. Maybe that will help. I just feel SO GOOD when I look in the mirror now that I am less motivated than before to get the last 12 lbs off -- you know?

Thanks for letting me vent :)

melissab617
06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone.. just wanted to post and say yesterday I got to my first goal of 5lbs on Day 8.. so happy to be headed in the right direction..

YAY! Congrats! :carrot:

rachels77
06-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey, Melissa -

I hear you on that one... that was my downfall prior to starting MRC. I kept justifying my treats/cheats because I had done some type of activity... I'm still struggling with allowing myself treats - especially with this being toward my goal weight, I find myself allowing more slip-ups than I EVER would have before.

I decided, for me, the thing is to journal everything. I journal every bite, every morsel, every treat... I also own what I do... I did the fro-yo because I wanted to... why? Do I feel like I need to reward myself? Is it an emotional thing because I want to treat my kids? These past few weeks (with being on stabilization) I've come to realize that, while treats are okay in moderation, I need to limit it to once per month or so... occasional treats. And, THEN, I schedule in more exercise to try to combat some of what I'd done.

The Jolly Green Bran
06-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Great job! One goal down and upward (or downward) to the next:carrot:

anjy99
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
@Melissa.. I totally get it.. the reason WW never worked for me was because I could allow myself the cheats and make the points work or justify somehow. But I have not cheated once so far and I think it's because of the way the counselor explained that a cheat will kick you out of ketosis and you lose all that wonderful fat burning you have going on. She said one cheat can knock you out for 48 hours.. It's not worth it to me right now.. I hope I can say that in a month! But I guess you have to do what works for you.. You are training very hard and you've had success on the program.. so as long as you know that you have to "fix it" somehow (Metaquick or whatever) then do what you need to do and don't beat yourself up.

Nyght
06-27-2012, 09:06 PM
A tiny moment to rejoice......I made it to Onderland :cp:. Haven't seen that number in a long while.

skelley331
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I forgot to take my supplements and vitamins at lunch, will this hurt me?

aw82797
06-27-2012, 10:20 PM
can anyone tell me what Onderland is? I've been trying to figure it out but I think I just did, is it made it to the one hundreds?

bigdog
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Fluffy You read my mind and what's funny is when I saw that I was thinking I had posted a response because I meant to but work interrupted me :). My DH and I care for his elderly parents. dad in law has cancer and mum in law has Alzheimer's and live close to us. Good days and bad days. I liked following the MRC diet because at least I was getting healthy and at least had control over what I ate. Walking helped a lot too in reducing stress.

ynapier
06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Nyght - Onederland is a GREAT feeling. Enjoy it and keep up the good work.

AW - yes onderland is being under 200

jlpnebraska
06-28-2012, 11:56 AM
anjy99 - My counselors have never discussed ketosis. Could you elaborate a little bit on how they explained it to you and what the cheats do, please? Exactly how many carbs do you have to eat per day to kick you out of ketosis? And what are they considering cheats? I've googled this all before, but I think that I will do a little more research myself.

Anyone have time to explain Metaquick briefly? They have never discussed that either. When I asked what I should do if I strayed from the green diet, the counselor just said to get back on it the next day. That's it. I asked if I could go back to the yellow diet and kind of start over and they said no. That puts your body in starvation mode and you should only be on the yellow diet maybe twice a year. Anyone else heard that?

I wish that there was a MRC site that explained the science behind all of this better. Has anyone's center been helpful in this regard?