Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 06/01/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-01-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everbody

Woke up refreshed today to a beautiful morning. I will be helping my niece do some last minute wedding prep since the wedding is next Friday.

Have a great day, be kind to yourselves and stay on plan.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Looking forward to the start of week #3 for me. Going for 100% OP. It's so exciting getting all the tips & recipes from this group. The 3rd day OP I was ready to give up thinking I could NOT do this. Now it seems almost easy! Happy Friday!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Got my ticker. Got my ticker...yayyyy!!!!!

Woke up feeling good. It's suppose to rain all weekend but that's ok, really need it for garden and grass. Been sooo dry here lately. Must get ready for work but i wish everyone a happy OP day!!!!!

Last edited by wendywendy; 06-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #5  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Looking forward to the start of week #3 for me. Going for 100% OP. It's so exciting getting all the tips & recipes from this group. The 3rd day OP I was ready to give up thinking I could NOT do this. Now it seems almost easy! Happy Friday!
I agree it feels easy and I notice I don't even miss most of the things I used to crave for ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Got my ticker. Got my ticker...yayyyy!!!!!

Woke up feeling good. It's suppose to rain all weekend but that's ok, really need it for garden and grass. Been sooo dry here lately. Must get ready for work but i wish everyone a happy OP day!!!!!
Isn't fun to have the ticker ;-)

It's Friday!! Love that day! Have a great one!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps:

Well it is a rainy day here in East Tennessee. I hate driving in the rain. I want the sunshine and blue skies back please.

After catching up in yesterday's posts, I see that there are alot of NSV and great losses. Congratulations to all of you. And thank you to everyone on your comments on my hair, I wanted to go shorter but DH and my hair dresser thought it might be too extreme. Now I am dealing with hair loss, and I really can't afford that because I already have thin fine hair. Dh says that I need to go get some rogaine for women and start using it. I am taking Biotin and Collogen, which idiot me should have started taking them as soon as I started this diet. I do have some little sprigs popping up here and there. But hey, it's the price to pay to be thinner and healtier. It should come back a little thicker and healthier, at least I hope so. If not, there are always wigs or extensions, right?

Sandralosing, my heart goes out to you. It is a tough cruel world on "obese" people. I was able to get pregnant but I could never carry full term because my uterus was the size of a 10 yr old. So I never got the pleasure of feeling a little life growing inside of me. DD is adopted, we have had her since she was 2. You will get thru this, you can do this. You need to remember that YOU control the food, food does not control YOU!! You've done this before, you can do it again. I know that they say that it is harder the second time around, but you've got this. We are always here for you. Take it one day and a time. You are in my prayers.

Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I am letting the Woosh Fairy go for now, all I ask it that he/she is returned to me by Tuesday for my weigh in. Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. Stay strong.....YOU DESERVE THIS and YOU ARE SO WORTH IT!!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Everyone! TGIF!!!!

Question...when did the weightloss start to slow down? I know it is different for everyone but just curious.

I am starting week 5 and so glad I made through a month. Official WI 4 is tomorrow but I know that I made my first goal of 20lbs earlier than planned. Just wondering now since I lost that so quickly if the rest will be slower.

I was also told not to exercise...my chiropractor/coach is a good friend so I think I might be the guinea pig to see how someone who does not exercise does vs someone who does (starting on week 3).

Going to be a rainy weekend but that means nice and quiet with no sports. WOO HOO! looking forward to the break.

Hope everyone has a great OP Friday!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !!!

So many great posts yesterday, hard to keep up with this group! Welcome to all the newbees that seem to find us everyday and grow this wonderful community!

It was too cold and rainy yesterday to paint outside, so I've been doing the inside stuff that I had put off, decluttering, etc. Vacuumed my friend's barn.

Back to it this morning...the end is in sight!

May you all have a wonderful, OP, inspiring Friday !!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #9  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !!!

So many great posts yesterday, hard to keep up with this group! Welcome to all the newbees that seem to find us everyday and grow this wonderful community!

It was too cold and rainy yesterday to paint outside, so I've been doing the inside stuff that I had put off, decluttering, etc. Vacuumed my friend's barn.

Back to it this morning...the end is in sight!

May you all have a wonderful, OP, inspiring Friday !!!
As always Sew, thanks for the morning encouraging words. To answer your question of the other day, I am looking into getting an Apple Creek Dulcimer which got great reviews. it is cheap but I figure it would be good to learn on and if I get good at it I can always upgrade later.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #10  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all! Got all the way to work this morning and 30 seconds before I could park my car, the sky opened up and started to rain like we were in a hurricane... I always have an umbrella in the car but it was awkward balancing my IP lunch, cup of java and my purse all at the same time. Had to dry my sandals and the leather on my purse once I got to my office... oh well it could have been worse, my hair could have been soaked had I forgotten my umbrella. I'm wishing all of you an OP day and weekend! IP Rocks!

Smooches
Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Karen71- My coach told me to stop exercising, too. It was slowing down my weight loss.
I've been at the beach last week, and back to work this week....and have my first WI in 2 weeks tomorrow. Need the woosh fairy to show up!
Yesterday I was discouraged because I have soy and peanut allergies. Over 40 of the 60 IP products are off limits. Sigh. Today, my perspective is better. Who needs variety when you are going to get thin. Right?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone!

Another very chilly morning here - would be easy to stay snuggled under the blankets and read a book - - ahhhhh - - but duty calls.

Finally got the camper pulled out of storage and need to get it ready for the first camping trip - can't wait.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 100% IP day - think of your goals and what it is going to take to accomplish them - and take that first step.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #13  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Pass the Whoosh Fairy please!!! I'm going to weigh in this morning.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #14  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

QUOTE=dizzyjean;4354995]I've been at the beach last week, and back to work this week....and have my first WI in 2 weeks tomorrow. Need the woosh fairy to show up!
[/QUOTE]

woosh fairy to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Pass the Whoosh Fairy please!!! I'm going to weigh in this morning.
Here ya go

Last edited by shathom; 06-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #15  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning IPers

Just passing through for now. Today is weigh in. I weigh myself every morning to gauge how well I am doing and what I am finding is Wednesdays weight is the lowest of the week. Now I have the pleasure to determine what is it that happens on Wed to cause a weight gain on Thursdays. Overall I am down for the week but dang if I did not want the scale to go lower!

Wishing everyone a great 100% OP day!! I will report my loss later on!

Closed Thread