South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Default Day 5....

Well, I am up to Day 5 of Phase 1 and all seems to be going well. The only trouble I have is finding what to eat at lunchtime when you have been used to having a sandwich? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jenye
Ashenpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Jenye!! I make turkey wraps. I tried rolling turkey and cheese in a lettuce leave (disaster). Somedays I just wrap the turkey around a piece of cheese. I've been eating salads and soups for lunch. Welcome to SB.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

It works a tad bit better if you roll the turkey around the lettuce and cheese. At least that's what I found when doing SB. Good luck!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'll make a big batch of salad (like black bean) or soup for the week. This week I made chicken salad, but mine has onion, colored pepper, celery, cannellini beans, and chicken...so much more filling. I'll eat it on a bed of chopped romaine.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I will often choose one of the recipes from here and make it for lunch one day with planned leftovers for the next several days. Like the taco bake or crack slaw. This time of year I might do a big chef salad or salad topped with salmon. I always try to keep something in the freezer that is easy to grab, like salmon burgers that I pair with a veggie.

I can't tell you the last time I ate a sandwich for lunch, actually. That one was very easy for me once I started planning and having some go-to meals.

Lately I've been on a kick where I've had zucchini pizza every day for lunch for a week!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm in LOVE with zucchini pizza lately!!! My hubs thinks I'm crazy (he's not a squash lover...but it tastes SO good....I don't miss the crust AT ALL...lol I just remembered, someone brought a little toaster oven in to work, I should make them for lunch too...thanks for saying that Karen
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

I've been having a big salad with spinach, chard, and a veggie mix, with a bit of dressing, feta and a meat (usually tuna). Yesterday I mixed it up a little and made myself a batch of soup with veggies, beans and egg drops.

Zucchini pizza?

Last edited by Linkovicha; 06-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Linkovicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #8  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I LOVE zucchini pizza! I was making it all the time last summer when I had so much zucchini to use up from the garden. I make it with thick-sliced zucchini rounds, a bit of tomato sauce or paste and a sprinkle of herbs and grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese then cooked in the toaster oven.

Another suggestion to add to your arsenal: romaine lettuce leaves as a "boat' for tuna/shrimp/salmon/chickpea/egg/whatever salad. That is one of my favorites! Just spoon the salad into the middle of the lettuce leaf, fold (like a taco or if the middle rib is not so thick you can roll like a burrito or egg roll) and devour!

I like to sneak in extra veggies to these kinds of salads, usually chopped bell pepper or carrot shreds.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote