Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {12} "Serenade Into Summer"

K9Owner
05-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread once a month to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
This week's weight: 145.2
I'm attempting the gym for :wl: later today.
:crossed: I keep my plans!

Star: I'm so glad you and your parents are having a great time! However, shopping does not sound like too much fun to me atm.
Funny thing...I used to LOVE to go shopping. Now, I hate it!

Alaskan: I had cake for you yesterday. I hope I am not getting back into that cake fetish I adopted last year! :tantrum:

Sum38
05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks Krystal :hug:

Are you telling me that I have passed you K? :dizzy: I am between 144-144.5 lbs; my scale only reports in 0.5 pound increments...and based what my dr's office scale measured; for 20 year old scale it is spot on :D -- This is a monumental day for me :D:D I have been lifting and doing abs. I am feeling weak though. I have been eating around 1400 calories and I think I need to up that a bit.

My body is a mess... I have had a sore foot, bottom of it. I don't know it is ligament, tendon or even stress fracture. It has gotten worse over the past 6-8 weeks. I walked today and I think I was favoring it, and now my back is completely messed up. Chiro is of course closed on Thursdays :mad: My kids are looking at me with pity because I am limping about the house :lol: -- I have taken about 20000 steps today; walking and cleaning... I think it is a glass of wine time :)

Everyone have a beautiful night :cheers:

K9Owner
06-01-2012, 12:32 AM
:yes: Kristiina! You have finally passed me!
I'm not surprised. I've been eating cake all week :cry:
If this cake fetish has returned, I'll go mad!!

I kept my word to myself and got back to the gym tonight.
It felt really good! I did a combo of everything--arms, legs, cardio, & stretching. 85 min 597 cals--not too bad, but it doesn't make up for eating poorly all week.

I'm hoping this next week brings better choices for me.
:crossed: for me returning to the gym 3 days/week!

Happy Weekend everyone.
I work again.
Yaaaa me {{NOT}}

alaskanlaughter
06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
i am exhausted and sore again tonight...i feel like i just pushed myself mentally and physically too hard this week...coming back from the camping trip chilled, cold and wet was difficult...going directly into house cleaning and laundry wasn't too bad but then going into a difficult week at work was killer :( busy days, long days, closing out my classroom for the year, end of year paperwork, a thousand details, emotional kids, unreliable staff....ughhhh :(

im still incredibly sore from running on tuesday...ive never felt like this before and im not sure why either...ive been doing an hour of incline walking the rest of the days, really pushing myself on the hills and inclines as well...

today i had my only staff person show up a half hour late, which in our work is critical to be on time, and THEN my supervisor asked her to go to another school for the afternoon instead, which she couldnt do due to car troubles, so then *I* had to go help the other school, putting me hours behind on the last day of school in terms of closing out the classroom and finishing paperwork

i am EXHAUSTED...thank god i had put a crockpot soup in this morning so i didnt have to cook dinner...DH would have cooked though, if i needed him to, he's good about helping like that :)

tomorrow im going to try going even earlier to the gym, like 630 a.m. so i can be to work around 8 a.m....we'll see how that goes

ive been really staying away from grains and sugars this week...i think my body's having a hard time adjusting to that also...because i had WAYYY too much sugar while camping...i need to get back to a lower carb way of eating

Sum38
06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
It is either cake or pizza with you :no: :cry: Do I need to dip below 140 before you get mad enough at yourself? ;)

Eating bad is a horrid cycle.... Somehow I have been able to stick with good foods.

Sending you :dust:

jomatho
06-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey there everyone :wave:
TGIF
I am looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend.
Same stuff different week here for me, not much to report. I have been doing the metabolism reset for over 3 weeks now. I feel a-ma-zing.
Still rocking the weight lifting, I am in week 5 of my program. I am starting to notice some nice results a I like it :D
I know I am pushing myself with the weights because I am sore after almost every single workout. Poor DH is getting tired of giving me massages in a different place every other day :lol:
Sum, you are doing awesome! Hope your foot resolves itself quickly.
Krystal, glad you made it back to the weight room, that will make you feel better for sure. Just gotta get your groove back, you can do it.
Star, glad you had a good time with your parents! Congrats on your weight loss!
Alaskan, sounds like you need to take a mental and physical health break. Hope things calm down for you soon.

K9Owner
06-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I was up at 6am after going to bed at 3:30am!
River had another acute episode of GI upset, so I took her to the vet at 7am (when they opened) then again at 8am (when the vet came in).
They ended up keeping her in the office after she had another sudden, acute episode while I was talking to the vet.
She did a fecal exam in office, which was negative. She will send a spec off for extensive parasite testing today, & I'll have the results tomorrow.

I was glad she had the episode in office so that the vet could see what I was referring to when I told her it was sudden--an incontinent-type thing, which is rare for River.

My poor baby looked so pitiful. She was so embarrassed. She had her big head down and her eyes were heavy and sad looking. She thought she was in major trouble. All I could do was comfort her 56lb self and reassure her she was ok.

She did NOT want to stay there either. When the assistant put their leash on her to lead her to the back, she was pulling at it trying to get back to me :cry:
Ok, I know I'm a nurse and all, but that is my baby. I wanted so much to stay with her.

I wish this had happened at the beginning of the week, when I was off. Instead of waiting until Friday--when I have to work! Their office is open on Saturday's, but it seems as though many medical things take place on Friday's for some reason--when it has to seem "Emergent", when it's probably not.

Sum38
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Just a quick note....my midlife crisis are here. I bought red mini cooper with white racing stripes. Woot!

My kids are....yikes mom! Why can't we have a normal car? :lol:

Sum38
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Aww :cry: That is so sad Krystal! I hope they will find out soon what is bugging her.

jomatho
06-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Just a quick note....my midlife crisis are here. I bought red mini cooper with white racing stripes. Woot!

My kids are....yikes mom! Why can't we have a normal car? :lol:

:lol: my kids would be all for it! Racing stripes and all!

jomatho
06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I was up at 6am after going to bed at 3:30am!
River had another acute episode of GI upset, so I took her to the vet at 7am (when they opened) then again at 8am (when the vet came in).
They ended up keeping her in the office after she had another sudden, acute episode while I was talking to the vet.
She did a fecal exam in office, which was negative. She will send a spec off for extensive parasite testing today, & I'll have the results tomorrow.

I was glad she had the episode in office so that the vet could see what I was referring to when I told her it was sudden--an incontinent-type thing, which is rare for River.

My poor baby looked so pitiful. She was so embarrassed. She had her big head down and her eyes were heavy and sad looking. She thought she was in major trouble. All I could do was comfort her 56lb self and reassure her she was ok.

She did NOT want to stay there either. When the assistant put their leash on her to lead her to the back, she was pulling at it trying to get back to me :cry:
Ok, I know I'm a nurse and all, but that is my baby. I wanted so much to stay with her.

I wish this had happened at the beginning of the week, when I was off. Instead of waiting until Friday--when I have to work! Their office is open on Saturday's, but it seems as though many medical things take place on Friday's for some reason--when it has to seem "Emergent", when it's probably not.

I swear, if my kids are going to get sick or injured, you can bet it will happen on a Friday after hours. Murphy's Law or something.
I hope it is something easily treatable! Poor baby.

Sum38
06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Totally shagadelic!

ItsMyTurn
06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Krystal - How can you not like to shop?!? I am in utter awe! You have such a fabulous body, I would think you would love it more than me!
I am so sorry to hear of your baby girl - sure do hope they are able to get her better SUPER soon for you

Kristiina - Holy mini-cooper! That is so cool!!!! New car to rock the new figure you have worked so hard on :)

Jo - So glad you are feeling so jazzed by the new eating for metabolism!!!! Also very happy the lifting is going so well for you! Amazing how even later on we can already "look" like new people, but continue to mix it up into yet another great feeling .... you did awesome with weight loss, but still feeling anew due to the lifting and new diet.... love the ever- evolving process!

Alaskan - Hope you feel better soon

alaskanlaughter
06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
i am feeling better today....had a good night's sleep...spent the day setting up the summer program, which means i spent the whole day doing spreadsheets on my work laptop...i hate sitting down all day :(

knowing that i had to work this morning, i got up at 6 a.m. and went to the gym...had a good workout but a bit shorter (45 min instead of 60) because i didnt want to be running late...i actually liked working out early although i could tell i was a little more tired AND i had forgotten to eat before i went so i was working out on an empty stomach

lots of drama at work...our supervisor of 3-4 years announced his resignation effective end of june...this should be interesting...lots of backstory there that i wont go into

got off work earlier than usual....had car troubles but fixed it...my radiator keeps leaking out the antifreeze :( ...let the kids pick what's for dinner

interesting that since i stopped alot of my carbs (really grains mostly, i still have been eating fruit), my appetite has decreased ALOT and so have almost all cravings for sugars....interesting...

Sum38
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I miss you slow dancers!

jomatho
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I just don't have a whole lot to tell you guys right now. This reset is somewhat mentally tough, so in my extra time, which is little right now, I have been hanging out over on mfp with other resetters. If you want to find me or read about what I am doing more, I am in the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group.
I can't wait to get to cut cycle. I have been kicking booty with the weights, I surprise myself every session with what I am lifting.
Today I am sore, sore, sore in my arms, which for me is hard to achieve. I have no problem reaching soreness with my butt/hammies/quads, but the arms it is usually hard to get to enough weight to achieve soreness and still have good form. But, I am especially sore today, so I know I am getting somewhere. :yay:
I see the pictures of these girls eating more and lifting heavy weights and that is exactly how I want to look, athletic, slightly muscular, just in great shape, not just thin or skinny. I will get there. Even if it does take me a year to gain 5 pounds of muscle, I will get there.

Hope everyone is just busy lately and still rocking their programs! Summer is a tough time to stay on plan (at least for me), we can do this girls!!!

K9Owner
06-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I've been at work this weekend, eating terribly! :cry:

alaskanlaughter
06-03-2012, 07:51 PM
ive been very busy this weekend, which i like, getting things done around here....yesterday i did all the bills, budgeting, recycling and grocery shopping...then i made my teenager clean his disaster of a bedroom from TOP to bottom...it took him hours LOL but he got it done...i supervised and told him what to do because he's really truly lost without very specific directions...

today i tackled my younger son's room with his help...we got all the old toys thrown away, all the remaining toys sorted back into their bins (lego box, lincoln log bin etc) and the whole room cleaned up...ive been doing laundry ALL WEEKEND because of this...ive washed every single thing my teenager wears and made him fold it up and put it all in his dresser drawers again...

i made four rhubarb pies this afternoon because DH's coworker brought us rhubarb...one or two pies are for him, the others are for us...

i typically dont work out on the weekends but my eating has been on track....without grains and sugars, my cravings and appetite have been very low...it's interesting...

also NSV is that i went to buy a new raincoat on friday and i could FIT a size large!! i always used to wear a 2X but i could put it on and zip it up :) unfortunately the sleeves were too short and it ended too short on my waist so i bought the size XL but ONLY because i needed longer sleeves and a longer coat in general...but SO HAPPY to see what i could fit into

strange how sizes work...i wear XL in women's but i just bought a sweatshirt from the mens' dept and i took a size Small over there...lol

pies are almost done...pot roast in the crockpot...and laundry is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...it's been a good weekend!! and it's not even raining in my rainforest :) yay!

weather stats for my area said that in the month of May, we had TWO DAYS ONLY without any rainfall...eek!

Sum38
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Turned out to be a spike day for me :D

alaskanlaughter
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
i do confess to eating two pieces of rhubarb pie and ice cream to go with it...i should feel far more guilty than i do LOL...it's the first real amount of grains or sugar that i've had in a whole week...i dont feel like binging or craving massive amounts of sugar and plan to get right back to the "no grains or sugars" route tomorrow...(not that i'm eating more pie tonight or anything - i'm not)

it was such a nice sunny day...temps got up to 60 which is the warmest it's been all spring :) stayed home and cleaned, cooked and baked, which is just what i like to do

if i had the time i wouldve gone for a bike ride but i wanted to do the home stuff instead

ETA: calories totalled 1740 today including the pie and ice cream, so its not as bad as i thought it might be lol

alaskanlaughter
06-04-2012, 10:12 PM
where'd everyone go??

K9Owner
06-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Very busy week for me.
I'm co-teaching VBS during the day and am picking up some princess shifts on 2nd shift.
I am going to try to make it to the gym tomorrow night.
I am in serious need of a food diary adjustment.
I am eating like crap right now and have not been on my scale in a week.
I know I have gained--I can feel water weight on my abs.

1 month of work to get it off--1 week to put it on
where is the fairness????

jomatho
06-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Sorry guys, tomorrow is our last day of school here and we have a lot going on. Things will calm down for me end of this week or next week (hopefully). Of course then, I will have the kiddos around, but our schedule shouldn't be as busy.
I still pop in and out to see what you guys are up to! Hang in there everyone :wave:

Sum38
06-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Busy and even more busy here. -- Trying to shed my mexican feast weight from Sunday.

I went from 144 to 149.5 in one day :eek: Just amazing :( Now back down to 145.5 but still...yuck.

jomatho
06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Busy and even more busy here. -- Trying to shed my mexican feast weight from Sunday.

I went from 144 to 149.5 in one day :eek: Just amazing :( Now back down to 145.5 but still...yuck.

That's normal after Spiking. It used to take me until wed, thurs or sometimes friday before I got back to my pre spike day low. Just water and glycogen. As for the yuck feeling, I used to get that too, that was the one thing I didn't like about Spiking.

K9Owner
06-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm here..
Day 3 of VBS. I'm having a ton of fun with all these children (just passed 2nd grade is our group). We only have 1 this year that is "special". Whoever takes care of him obviously hasn't realized the negative effects of prolonged video game usage on his brain! W-O-W! :eek:

No weigh in for me.
I'm still up in my tummy, no point in validation.

I played 1hr45min worth of tennis yesterday and burned more than 1000cals!! :carrot:
Afterwards, I went to the gym for :wl:
Geaux Me!!

How is everyone??

alaskanlaughter
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
im here.....getting into my summer routine...up at 530 a.m. for the gym...then home with the kids for awhile, then i work from 12-4 or 11-4 and then home with the kids again...so far it's going well

still trying to keep away from grains and sugars...not "low carb" per se because i still choose fruit etc but im finding that i do better in terms of appetite and cravings when i stay away from grains and sugar...

jomatho
06-06-2012, 02:08 PM
:yay:School's out for summer:yay:

:woohoo:

I have been in the garden all day, weeding, transferring some plants, etc. I was supposed to do my arm#1 workout today to start my 6th week of this program, but I think I will do it tomorrow morning, I got my walk in already and I am feeling pretty whipped, and I sort of feel like I am coming down with something. I keep telling myself it is allergies, but I feel like I have a virus trying to take hold. Sore-ish throat, a little chest tickle, a bit of a dryish cough, a little raw behind the throat and nose. And this past weekend, I was feeling a little achy, so I def. think it is something. Trying to ward it off with lots of sleep, extra vitamin C, lots of fluids, all that jazz. I have suffered with allergies all my life and this doesn't feel like that. Crappy time of year to be sick if it is-boo.

So today is officially 4 weeks I have been in reset mode!!! I can't believe it has been that long already. I feel like my body has stabilized and I could go to a small cut, but most metabolism reset recommendations are for 8 weeks, so I am going to go big or go home, :lol:
So basically, I am halfway there. I am so happy I have chosen to do this and I can't begin to tell you how many ways it has affected me positively, both physically and mentally. I will go into it a little more another time.

Ok, gotta run, lunch is overdue and I am h u n g r y!!!

Sum38
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Jo DD is out but DS has another week plus one day left. I wish mine were out as well :(

I think I am on a verge of some weightloss. My tummyy is looking gross and all jiggly.... it always does that before some droppage :) I have been walking and doing abs and arms. I just want my hot bodd back!!!!

Sum38
06-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Woot! 143.5 pounds this am. I was at 146.5 yesterday :eek:

jomatho
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM

Wow, you called that didn't you? Congrats! :woohoo:

Are you having a grad party? I am sure you are very busy!

Sum38
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
K does not want one :( I think I may do a kid party sometime in August. My kids are so different. Once C graduates next year, it will be a party of the century. K is shy and does not like attention like that.

I was thinking...I can't believe I am only 15+ pounds away from goal. -- I am actually feeling really good and I think I am looking pretty good too :D So each pound from now on is just icing on the cake. ~ Last 5 pounds made a HUGE difference. It is coming off my belly now, and I am able to fit into flattering looking things. I feel happy :love:

Jo How is your son's arm healing? ETA; shoulder :)

alaskanlaughter
06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
good morning :)

ive been having a horrible stomach upset the last two days...i think i just picked up a bug at work...been running to the bathroom all yesterday n today...

am deciding to change up my workout a little bit...not sure yet quite what to do but my weight loss is going far too slow for my liking...today at the gym i had them show me some of the ab weight workout machines and so i did some of the ab crunch machine things and then got on the treadmill and ran a mile total but did it in intervals, about 2 miles total on the treadmill

when people talk about doing weights, are they talking about strictly lifting dumbbells? or do the machines with weights attached count as the same thing? i enjoyed the ab machines this morning but have absolutely zero interest in dumbbells :(

i was careful not to overdo it because i'm finding that, especially as my stamina has increased, i'm CAPABLE of doing something pretty hard or long...BUT my body doesn't like it and/or isn't ready for it...for example, i ran a mile and a half about 10 days ago and hurt so bad that i could hardly move for about 5 days :( however when i was doing it, i felt fine, no worse than a regular workout, and i used to run like that before i hurt my knee...my stamina was there, no problem...BUT my body didn't like it

so today i just did one mile in intervals...i could have totally done more, but i was too afraid of re-hurting myself...it wasn't an injury-hurt last week, just so incredibly stiff and sore that i didnt want to move

im finding that i like my early morning workouts...it's not too hard to get up and i like being up in the early mornings...this might be a really good summer routine :)

by the way, it's only 7:30 a.m. and i've already worked out, made coffee, let the dog out and put the garbage can on the street lol

K9Owner
06-08-2012, 12:38 AM

:carrot:
This is AweSOME!!

K9Owner
06-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Ladies, I do apologize for my absence, but I have literally been so busy with work and VBS this week, it is UNREAL!
I get up at 0630 and sometimes haven't made it back home until after midnight!!

I had a dentist appt this afternoon for a broken portion of one of my back teeth. I've been having issues with this one tooth for like 4 yrs.
On June 18, I will have a crown put on it! I love my dentist! He and his staff are the BEST!! All the horror stories you typically hear from the dentist, I have never experienced at this office!

Still no weigh in for me. I've been eating 1700-2000 cals/day and lots of carbs--what's the point??

Last day of the kiddos tomorrow. It will be bittersweet! I have had such a great time this week, & I always feel like I have learned way more than they have, but I am EXHAUSTED!
Basically, because I have been going into work for 5 yr shifts afterwards!
It is what it is!

Hope you all are having a successful week ;)

Sum38
06-08-2012, 06:35 AM
You need some R&R Krystal! --AND stay away from carbs! :mad: Maybe stepping on scale would help? It usually kicks my butt, and makes me want to undo the damage.

Maybe this will..... 142.5 this am for me. ;)

Sum38
06-08-2012, 06:41 AM
OMG; I just realized...because I am actually 5'3.5" ~ not 5'3" as I thought originally, I have just entered into NORMAL BMI range. -- I want to cry! I was in obese category 2 years ago. -- I stopped weigh-in myself at 165-166, and I know I went over 170 pounds; my guess 171-173 range.

jomatho
06-08-2012, 07:01 AM
OMG; I just realized...because I am actually 5'3.5" ~ not 5'3" as I thought originally, I have just entered into NORMAL BMI range. -- I want to cry! I was in obese category 2 years ago. -- I stopped weigh-in myself at 165-166, and I know I went over 170 pounds; my guess 171-173 range.

THIS is a reason to celebrate! :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer:

Woot Woot, I am so proud of you my little chickling. At least you are offering this thread a little excitement right now :lol:

Btw, I have to get to 159 to be normal. That isn't going to happen too soon since I am doing body recomp, not just scale loss. I will just live vicariously through you!

I didn't have a grad party either, my parents offered me a trip or a party, I took the trip :)

I will prob do something similar for my kids.

Oh, and DS just went back yesterday for his post op appt., got his stitches out. He is still in an immobilizer for 2 more weeks and then starts therapy. He feels great. He feels like he should be able to go out and shoot hoops, ride his bike and play summer ball :lol:

jomatho
06-08-2012, 07:08 AM
good morning :)

ive been having a horrible stomach upset the last two days...i think i just picked up a bug at work...been running to the bathroom all yesterday n today...

am deciding to change up my workout a little bit...not sure yet quite what to do but my weight loss is going far too slow for my liking...today at the gym i had them show me some of the ab weight workout machines and so i did some of the ab crunch machine things and then got on the treadmill and ran a mile total but did it in intervals, about 2 miles total on the treadmill

when people talk about doing weights, are they talking about strictly lifting dumbbells? or do the machines with weights attached count as the same thing? i enjoyed the ab machines this morning but have absolutely zero interest in dumbbells :(

i was careful not to overdo it because i'm finding that, especially as my stamina has increased, i'm CAPABLE of doing something pretty hard or long...BUT my body doesn't like it and/or isn't ready for it...for example, i ran a mile and a half about 10 days ago and hurt so bad that i could hardly move for about 5 days :( however when i was doing it, i felt fine, no worse than a regular workout, and i used to run like that before i hurt my knee...my stamina was there, no problem...BUT my body didn't like it

so today i just did one mile in intervals...i could have totally done more, but i was too afraid of re-hurting myself...it wasn't an injury-hurt last week, just so incredibly stiff and sore that i didnt want to move

im finding that i like my early morning workouts...it's not too hard to get up and i like being up in the early mornings...this might be a really good summer routine :)

by the way, it's only 7:30 a.m. and i've already worked out, made coffee, let the dog out and put the garbage can on the street lol

You can do the machines. I think dumbells/barbells are more preferrable when really trying to grow muscles because you have to stabilize the dumbells and use more muscle to do so, but when just learning to do weights, learning on the machines is a good way to learn form and play with how much you can do, etc. My advice for you is to try to increase your weights as much as you can, so that you can only do 10-12 reps or less and then do that 2-3 times each exercise. Add some leg exercises to your abs ones, those will give you a good bang for your buck and then at least try some bench presses to work the chest and arms. Go for it, you will not be sorry! Truly a wonderful way to reshape your body.
Watch out with abs exercises, when I do too many, I end up losing my waist (on the sides). I don't know why, just the way I am built, but I am not the only one, lots of body builders (female) avoid abs because of this. If you engage your core during exercises, you will work your abs. Have fun!

jomatho
06-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Ladies, I do apologize for my absence, but I have literally been so busy with work and VBS this week, it is UNREAL!
I get up at 0630 and sometimes haven't made it back home until after midnight!!

I had a dentist appt this afternoon for a broken portion of one of my back teeth. I've been having issues with this one tooth for like 4 yrs.
On June 18, I will have a crown put on it! I love my dentist! He and his staff are the BEST!! All the horror stories you typically hear from the dentist, I have never experienced at this office!

Still no weigh in for me. I've been eating 1700-2000 cals/day and lots of carbs--what's the point??

Last day of the kiddos tomorrow. It will be bittersweet! I have had such a great time this week, & I always feel like I have learned way more than they have, but I am EXHAUSTED!
Basically, because I have been going into work for 5 yr shifts afterwards!
It is what it is!

Hope you all are having a successful week ;)

Ugh on the tooth, but glad it will be fixed for good. Glad vbs is winding down so you can catch a bit of a break.
Why don't you just keep eating where you are, and focus on hitting your protein macros and heavy lifting next week. Give it a month at that and see how your pants fit. I promise you won't be disappointed! Don't even look at the scale. I dare you.

K9Owner
06-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Ugh on the tooth, but glad it will be fixed for good. Glad vbs is winding down so you can catch a bit of a break.
Why don't you just keep eating where you are, and focus on hitting your protein macros and heavy lifting next week. Give it a month at that and see how your pants fit. I promise you won't be disappointed! Don't even look at the scale. I dare you.

I was going to weigh this morning until I saw this!!
I totally am NOT weighing!

I have been eating lots and lots of almonds & yogurt covered raisins, along with putting almonds in SF chocolate ice cream!!
Where did THIS come from??????

jomatho
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM

I have been eating lots and lots of almonds & yogurt covered raisins, along with putting almonds in SF chocolate ice cream!!

haha, I go on food kicks too. Hmmm, this week for me it has to be bacon. I don't eat it very often, maybe once every couple months, but for some reason this week, I have had a couple slices every day. And then the last 2 days, 3 slices. Wth? I am out of my Ezekial bread and I guess I am subbing bacon for that, :lol: I think I am done with it now though, didn't taste as good this morning.
Last week mini snickers bars, bad!
The week before that, uh maybe cheese.
Always something I shouldn't be eating of course.
Maybe next week I can get hooked on something healthy, :lol: At least almonds are healthy!

alaskanlaughter
06-08-2012, 02:13 PM
ive been working out my legs alot over the last few months with climbing hills on the treadmill, walking inclines, lots of resistance there etc...did some more work on the machines this morning and then some running...ran a mile plus some walking for the intervals...the last time i did alot of ab work, i had alot of good results so i'm going to stick with it for awhile and see what develops from it

off to work now...pouring rain in my rainforest :( had to move my vegetables out off the deck because they got water logged last night

Sum38
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Hehe, and I am urging you to step on it. -- I wish I could go without scale, but I am so addicted.

I went clothing shopping today and YUP I am officially size 8 now. And small tops. Mediums were big :crazy:

K9Owner
06-09-2012, 12:27 AM
ive been working out my legs alot over the last few months with climbing hills on the treadmill, walking inclines, lots of resistance there etc...did some more work on the machines this morning and then some running...ran a mile plus some walking for the intervals...the last time i did alot of ab work, i had alot of good results so i'm going to stick with it for awhile and see what develops from it

I need a "LIKE" button for this!!
Very nice :)

K9Owner
06-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Hehe, and I am urging you to step on it. --

Nope! Not gonna happen!
I may weigh in July.
I am in denial atm, and basically--I'm ok with being here for now!
This too shall pass!!!

K9Owner
06-09-2012, 12:33 AM
My VBS week is officially O-V-E-R!
It is bittersweet actually.
22 children--none of them mine--waking up at 0630, being there by 0830 (my usual bedtime!)--squeals and screams, laughing, screaming, eating, singing, screaming....
Did I mention SCREAMING??? (@0830AM)
It wouldn't have been near as bad if I hadn't worked or been at work for something 4 of the 5 days.
I am EXHAUSTED!
I haven't seen my babs all week and they are missing their momma!!
I'm going to attempt to take them to the park in the morning before bedtime.

I have to work tomorrow night.

My eating still SUX! :stress:
I haven't eaten this terribly since last April--before I opened a MFP account.
I don't really know why I started eating so terribly this time, but I am praying for it to flee quickly.
Actually, once I cut the highly-processed carbs back out of my diet, it'll be better.
It would help too if I would cook a few meals, instead of snacking!
It is what it is!

I did make it to the gym tonight. :exercise:
weights, cardio :woops: , and some much needed stretching
I did legwork.
I love how it makes me feel afterwards, but I'll have to admit...getting in the door of ATC has been a chore lately!

Sum38
06-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Nice workout Alaskan

Krystal I hope your mouth is doing okay today. -- Try the belly fat cure for 3 days, it will cut your sugar/carb cycle.

Jo I have actually learned to like turkey bacon better than reg. bacon. I cook it crispy...yum...2 slices only 70 cal.

My modified IF/belly fat cure/spike day life style is working. I have created a diet that seems to work for me. I call it Smörgåsbord Diet.

I spiked yesterday and scale went to 145....hey last week scale went to 149 :lol: Today, I am doing all veggie and fruit day; avocado for protein and fat.

Baseball all weekend for us. Have a fab and fit weekend my lovelies! :dust:

alaskanlaughter
06-09-2012, 02:54 PM
good morning :) i am having my rest days this weekend from my workouts...still eating good though...trying to keep it between 1200-1500 calories and staying mostly away from grains and sugars...

this morning i took little son and we went to a management meeting with the district superintendent and other higher-ups about the future of the program that i help manage, as our immediate supervisor has just resigned...was a good meeting and i'm glad they asked for our expertise and advice

i have laundry to do today and kids coming over to play...i get my REWARD for five days straight of getting up at 530 a.m. and putting in a hard workout...after DH gets home from work today we are going to the hot tub at the gym and the sauna!! :) yay!

last night i bought a swimsuit for the first time in my entire life!! (i dont know how to swim either)....but i want one for the hot tub and to take the kids to the pool...i had fun trying on all kinds of styles and colors...all brands were different, like usual...for example i could fit a size 7/9 bikini bottom in one brand and then barely get a size 14/16 swimsuit over my hips in another brand...i ended up getting a cute black tankini set, a size L top and size M bottom

K9Owner
06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
last night i bought a swimsuit for the first time in my entire life!! (i dont know how to swim either)....but i want one for the hot tub and to take the kids to the pool...i had fun trying on all kinds of styles and colors...all brands were different, like usual...for example i could fit a size 7/9 bikini bottom in one brand and then barely get a size 14/16 swimsuit over my hips in another brand...i ended up getting a cute black tankini set, a size L top and size M bottom

I promise, I need a "LIKE" button on here!!
:yay: for you!!!

K9Owner
06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Work tonight!

Hope you all are having a fabulaire weekend ;)

alaskanlaughter
06-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I promise, I need a "LIKE" button on here!!
:yay: for you!!!

aww thank you so much!! :)

K9Owner
06-10-2012, 11:46 PM
VBS Theatrical Performance was tonight.
I took my 6 yr old nephew. He LOVED it. I knew he would have a great time :)
He wanted to sleepover & spend the day with me tomorrow...how could I say "no"?
Unsure what our plans will be tomorrow, something FUN for certain!!

I was able to get an earlier visit to the dentist for my crown! It will be Tuesday at 10:30, instead of next Monday! I'm excited!! I'm ready to get this over with!!

No weigh in yet! I feel so liberated and free knowing that I am no longer a slave to that dumb scale! I do feel as though I have gained, but not terrible. I am too active to have put 20lbs back on...7??? maybe! 5 of water??probably!!

jomatho
06-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I think I mentioned I felt like I was coming down with something the beginning of last week. Well, this weekend it reared it's ugly head. I have been sick as a dog. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was sick, let alone this sick. Ugh. I had to go to the walk-in place on Sunday because I didn't think I could wait til today to go to my doctor. Glad I did, I am starting to feel a little more human today. Got an antibiotic and some cough med w/ codeine.

I was supposed to lift weights on Sunday, but I will give it another day or two. Since I was going to take a weeks rest from lifting next week, I will use these days as my rest instead.

I haven't been logging either, just eating my way through a big batch of chicken noodle soup. No fun being sick, but especially no fun being sick this time of year! :(

K9Owner
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
JO!
:getwell:

alaskanlaughter
06-12-2012, 02:11 AM
i had a very busy day today...at the gym this morning, on one of those machines where you crunch your abs, i found that i could crunch 70 pounds(!) and on a machine where you push out on your arms (triceps perhaps?) i could push out 55 pounds(!)...then i ran a mile and a quarter in intervals

tonight i had my annual doctor visit (yay lol)....last winter i had been tested for my risk of osteoporosis and my risk was SUPER LOW for a 30 year old and then they realized i was even older than that, 34 at the time...anyhow the doctor said that means that my bones are very dense, healthy and heavy and that's why i LOOK like i weigh less than 190s when the scale says i still weigh that...she also said muscle from working out might contribute a little to that but she thinks it's mostly due to my bones

she also said that she usually recommends everyone in their 30s gets a baseline set of bloodwork done but because my cholesterol had come back last winter as VERY good results, she said because i don't smoke, i eat right and work out, that she's not worried about getting all that other bloodwork done right now...she said "just try to get it done before you're 40" lol ...i'm 35 right now

tomorrow after work i have an hour to kill between work and a work meeting so i'm going to take my bike with me downtown and go for a bike ride for an hour....i work too far from home to bother driving all the way back and down there again within an hour...i live all the way out by the glacier

Sum38
06-12-2012, 07:15 AM
I hope you are feeling better Jo! :hug:

Sum38
06-12-2012, 07:31 AM
I have been eating poorly and a lot for a few days. And scale shows the water bloat by 4 pounds worth :mad: Therefore I am doing strict belly fat cure for the next 3 days.

Today my baby girl is graduating from High School. Bitter sweet. -- I am chaperoning the all night party; hope I can keep my food intake in check....

jomatho
06-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I have been eating poorly and a lot for a few days. And scale shows the water bloat by 4 pounds worth :mad: Therefore I am doing strict belly fat cure for the next 3 days.

Today my baby girl is graduating from High School. Bitter sweet. -- I am chaperoning the all night party; hope I can keep my food intake in check....

Happy Graduation Day! Bitter sweet is right. Enjoy the day.

alaskanlaughter
06-13-2012, 12:46 AM
i am SO tired tonight....its been a busy week...yesterday i was up early and at the gym, then worked all afternoon, then had a doctor's appt half the evening, then cleaned up the house etc

today i was up early and at the gym, then i ran errands, then i worked all afternoon, then i went for a 45-minute bike ride between work and a staff meeting, then i had the meeting, then home to eat and clean up the house...so glad DH made dinner :)

i feel like i strained something in my neck, in the front of it..it's like a sore throat only on the outside(?) instead of the inside(?) ...i think with the weight machines that i might have used my neck once or something and kinked it up...it's weird, i dont feel sick so i dont think it's that

and tomorrow after work i have a board of directors meeting *sigh* what a busy week!

K9Owner
06-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Alaskan: Seriously, just reading your last post made me tired! Gracious, you are one busy lady!!

Kristiina: I hope you and your daughter had a great time at graduation! Bittersweet for sure. How the time seems to fly by when children are growing up, though they would often beg to differ. Sorry to hear about your 4lb bloat. IDK why it seems to work like that for me as well. I'll get below 145, then I'll have to go on an eating binge and gain 3-4lbs of water weight. It's a ferocious never-ending cycle.

Jo: I hope you are feeling better toward the middle of this week than you felt at its beginning. :hug:

Star: I know you are very busy atm, but thought I'd give you a :hug: as well. Miss you, gf.

AFM: My mom's bday was Tuesday. I volunteered to take cupcakes! Mini ones!! Chocolate!! :yay: me!! I managed to just have 1 of them and a red velvet one. Not too bad considering if one of my family members had brought an entire cake, I'd have been tempted to devour much more than that!

I am working the rest of this week. I am on a mission to pay off our cruise before we go in September. Actually, we already have the $, I just want some extra without having to take a great deal out of our savings acct.
I was supposed to work Saturday and DH told me his grandfather's 90th bday is that day & how my MIL and her family were planning a huge party for him 2.5 hrs away from where we live. I knew they were planning a party, but I never was told when it was going to be. So, I have been searching for a replacement for Saturday! We had the biggest bout of discord over this *@%^ party!! :devil:

I'm so over all the birthdays for this month, I could scream!! :bomb:

My mom asked me today how much more weight I was planning to lose. I asked her if it looked like I had lost more, since I've probably put on a few lbs since May 11, when she last saw me. She said, "Yes, it looks like you are smaller than the last time I saw you." I think she needs to schedule an optometrist appt, asap!! :lol:

Sum38
06-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Vent: I look fat :mad: We took family pictures for K's graduation and I still look HUGE. :cry: I KNOW I have lost 20 pounds, and I KNOW I was super huge then, but I feel like a cow. Sorry, had to get that out. -- Part of me just wants to give up, what's the point when 20 pounds has not made a big difference. Part of me is just angry and really wants to get down to 125 where I actually look slim. -- I loathe my tiny frame...it makes weightloss so difficult. Someone else would be looking fab at 145 pounds, not I. I just look like a tub of lard...:lol:

K9Owner
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
:hug: Kristiina :hug:
We are our own worst critic!

Sum38
06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
:hug: Krystal Thanks! I am trying to concentrate how my thighs don't rub together when I wear a dress :lol: and how they used to last summer.... I think I wore a wrong dress. It did not accentuate my good features, but make me look think(er) in the middle, shorter and it hid most of my legs....

Sum38
06-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Enough about me....I am a bit emotional after K's graduation. I also chaperoned all night senior party.... I have slept grand total of 9 hours since Monday morning. - I hope the goodness that scale will be kind to me tomorrow, I need it :lol: ~ I took over 40000 steps yesterday. :eek: I was a roamer and I walked 7 hrs straight at the all night party, plus my daily 11000 step walk, plus all the normal daily errands/cleaning....and scale still was up. How on earth you ladies can go without weigh-in? You are my heroes! BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME :lol3:

Where is our shining Star?

Krystal I Hope your weekend turns out okay. And congrats on the compliment from your mom.... I don't think she needs an eye exam ;) Hehe.

Alaskan I hope your neck is doing better today.

Jo Are you feeling any better? My boys are sick (again) with a cold.

K9Owner
06-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I think the relationship with my scale is
O-V-E-R!

alaskanlaughter
06-14-2012, 01:20 AM
im still SO stoked from my great doctor's visit this week!! i posted about it up there somewhere...

and im still SO TIRED by 9 p.m. every night :( being on my feet all afternoon must be wearing on me....i went to the gym this morning, did stuff at home with the kids the rest of the morning, then went to work...i spent the students' lunchtime on my feet monitoring the lunchroom, then i spent an hour outside monitoring the playground and walking around it, i sat down for half an hour for a group meeting, maybe only 20 minutes, then i was on my feet to make snack, serve snack, clean up snack, clean up the kitchen etc....i was on my feet for 4 1/2 hours today except for that 20 minutes or so of sitting down...in addition to running 1 1/4 mile this morning at the gym....

then i came home and cleaned up the house, cooked dinner, cleaned up after dinner (did i forget to mention laundry?), and went to the store...its 9:20 p.m. and younger son is asleep....i'm ready to CRASH

calories came in at 1520 today with 210 of those exercised away this morning....zzzzzzz

jomatho
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I think the relationship with my scale is
O-V-E-R!

Sounds like a liberated woman!

jomatho
06-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Still gimping along here. I am about halfway through my course of antibiotic and although I am feeling better, I wish I was back to normal, whatever that is, lol. I still have a nagging cough and a nose full of thick crud. I am hearing of others who have had this similar cold and it has taken WEEKS to fully get over it, like 5-6!!!??!!!??? wth?
I haven't worked out yet this week. I feel like a slug. I plan to try to lift this weekend.
I tried to go out and do some yardwork yesterday, but my nose started gushing and then I started sneezing (prob more allergy related) so I quit, and then I was exhausted for the rest of the day. Not worth it, but so hard to sit around and feel so useless.

jomatho
06-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Vent: I look fat :mad: We took family pictures for K's graduation and I still look HUGE. :cry: I KNOW I have lost 20 pounds, and I KNOW I was super huge then, but I feel like a cow. Sorry, had to get that out. -- Part of me just wants to give up, what's the point when 20 pounds has not made a big difference. Part of me is just angry and really wants to get down to 125 where I actually look slim. -- I loathe my tiny frame...it makes weightloss so difficult. Someone else would be looking fab at 145 pounds, not I. I just look like a tub of lard...:lol:

I am sure you looked fab. Like Krystal said, we are our own worst critics! 20 pounds has made a difference, you just went shopping and fit into all smaller sizes. Try doing that 20 pounds ago.
I am the same way, I like how I look in a dress and then I see the pictures and I just see all boobs. I don't see that in the mirror or when I look down or anything, but a photo-yuck. Those dresses I picked out in the spring gathered right under the boobage and hung/flaired out from there and once I looked at them in photos I wondered if that just accentuated the boobs too much. Not an area I need to accentuate, but I think in my mind I was trying to hide any belly/waist problems. So in hindsite, probably the wrong style for me too, but that doesn't discount how far I have come, right? It's the dresses, not us :rofl:

K9Owner
06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
:faint:
I'm exhausted!
1 more night to go!!

Sum38
06-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Jo...u r too funny....now I picture you in revealing boobage cuts :lol3: AND I know they were NOT revealing...hehe... It is just my darn belly. I have a beer gut and I HATE beer. P said I looked thin and it is all in my head. He was really sweet about it. -- I will post a picture of kids and I later.

We are harsh on ourselves, aren't we?

Feel better....sucks to have a summer cold!!!

Sum38
06-14-2012, 11:09 AM
I am a slave Krystal...maybe I can only weigh-in every other day to ... I dont' think I can...weak I am.

Sum38
06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
K I have no idea how you do the nights! You rock!

alaskanlaughter
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
ive been feeling kinda sick today and CRAVING carbs all of a sudden...not the usual craving like for chocolate, but like my body just WANTS it....i'm chalking it up to TOM coming next week...i had biscuits this morning, 5 little ones that i had baked last night...normally i dont even LIKE biscuits...then this afternoon i had oatmeal, which was planned...and tonight i would KILL for something sweet and sugary :( not just sweet because i could make that, but sugary too....im going to have some rice, veggies and asian sauce next...i ate a good portion of meat just now...

might be the added weight machine part of my workout this week?? maybe because i feel a slight head cold?? maybe because of TOM next week?? not sure...

guacamole
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello! Popping in to say hi. Been plodding along and had a not so great eating night tonight. I went to a BBQ and had about 500 calories saved, but man, did I go to town! My self control left me and I ate so much. I really need to learn to control my eating at all of these summer parties. Hope everyone is doing well.

K9Owner
06-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I need sleep!!
Happi Friday, ladies!
Have a beautiful day ;)

jomatho
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Uh oh, I think Cranky Pants is back :(
I am supposedly still 9 days away from TOM, but I am feeling pretty symptomatic.
I have nothing done for fathers day yet either. Not even a card bought. Ugh.

ItsMyTurn
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Kristiina - I have no doubt you looked fabulous! You lost 20 lbs!!!! No way that was not portrayed in the pictures ;) It's amazing how we pick ourselves apart in pictures. Congrats to the graduate though!!! Thank you so much for the shout out in my absence... you rock!

Krystal - Hope you are able to get some sleep now! Sounds like you were on shift a bunch lately! Congrats on no longer being a slave to the scale. I admit, I am a total scale-whore still. Although I don't do daily, but without that weekly weigh in, I almost get panic attacks :lol:

Alaskan - Sounds like the activity of the day is helping your sleeping at night :)

Jo - I sure do hope you feel better soon. Good luck trying to get in the weights. Probably be easier with nasty sinuses then trying to do cardio. I do cardio and feel fine and my nose still runs :lol: Your description of your pictures cracked me up! I couldn't help picturing short legs with a set of boobs on them :rofl: That is SOOOO not the case, but your description did it, :lol:

Still been super busy on my end. Mom and dad left yesterday for Maine. They called at 4am to let me know today that they made it safely. Then it was off to work. DH picked up Amber from camp and she has been texting me constant. That girl had a blast! 1st week of school is going well and actually ahead on my assignments according to the syllabus - a sure bonus. I have kept up on workouts and food... however the last couple days it's been minimal workouts compared to my normal due to feeling so worn out - and today is an upset belly. I am grateful it's Friday and actually going to be a fairly calm weekend so if I am coming down with something, I can get some rest and fight it off - til then won't push too hard. No sense in risking worsening it. 110-112 are the temps for the weekend here, so if feeling well enough, pool time will be on the calendar :)

K9Owner
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Uh oh, I think Cranky Pants is back :(
I am supposedly still 9 days away from TOM, but I am feeling pretty symptomatic.
I have nothing done for fathers day yet either. Not even a card bought. Ugh.

Cranky Pants here too!!
TOM should have reared his ugly head by now, by he is stalling for some reason.

No father's day activities here either.
I'm sick of all the holidays/birthdays/present events already!
Geez, every time I turn around I'm having to buy something!
I know this is the wrong attitude! :devil:
I am super cranky, moody, & just wanna go to a remote island for a few days without any of my family or anyone I know & just chill out for a few days! I need a break from all of them!

Star: I wanna be poolside so badly! Not happening any time soon :cry:

Alaskan: I hope you are not getting sick. That would suck! You have been ill long enough, ma'am!

Kristiina: Nights aren't too bad. It's trying to live under everyone's day schedule I have a prob with--and by everyone, I mean my family. They call in the early afternoon alot of times. For instance, yesterday, my sis called me at 1530--not terrible, but it's like if I were calling her at 0330 a.m., just to chat!!! Despite me requesting they call me at 1700, they do what they like, and when I answer half asleep, they reply: "Oh, you're sleeping! I will call you later or you call me later!"
They claim: "I didn't know you had to work."
Ok, if you don't know my schedule, err on the side of caution and ring me at 1700--that way I'm up regardless of if I'm working or not!

:wave: Hi Guacamole! Glad to see you post. I've been thinking about cha!

Sum38
06-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Hehe...hi :wave: to cranky pants! I am not there yet. :sunny:

4 pound "gain" for me for the week...yup fell off the wagon again. Not too bad tho...just chocolate covered almonds from Costco. I will try my best to get back on. -- I really don't mind it though, because each time I do this the weight comes off easier...must do something to my metabolism. I am also having problems with (tmi warning) C :o

I would love to have P's dad over on father's day...but you know who follows :lol: So we are celebrating just as family.

My garden is bursting with herbs. I made the best pesto. -- And then I made pesto baked chicken. Worth a try. I will post the recipe later. Very easy and kids licked their plates and they are PICKY eaters.

Hi Star, Jo, K, A and G!! :grouphug:

Sending all :dust:

jomatho
06-16-2012, 08:16 AM
I am super cranky, moody, & just wanna go to a remote island for a few days without any of my family or anyone I know & just chill out for a few days! I need a break from all of them!

Book me the seat next to you on the plane to the remote island! Puhleeeze.

Sum38
06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Happy Father's Day to all great men out there <3

K9Owner
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Hope everyone had a great day today with all the dads in their lives.
I went to my mom's, & we all had lunch with my dad.
It was a great day :)

Still no weigh in.
TOM showed up & brought 5-7 lbs of water for me.
I am cranky & crampy.
I just want to be alone!!! :devil:

K9Owner
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
OMGeeee!
My MIL sent me the group photo from yesterday's photo shoot---uhm, I look like I weigh about 175!!!
Going to the gym now. So frustrated!!

alaskanlaughter
06-18-2012, 01:41 AM
its been a busy weekend....i got everything on my list DONE!...had a nice bbq last night for father's day with DH and his brother...finally broke down and bought a new pair of work pants, they are black cottony material, like yoga pants but not so short, not sure what to call them but they are in the athletic department and Cascade Sport(?) brand...anyhow the M size 8/10 was falling off me the last few months...well not falling off because the waist was fine, but the pants were sooooo loose and baggy that they were starting to look ridiculous on me :( so today i tried on their size SMALL(!) 4/6 size and IT FIT, nice and snug and looks great!! ...now i dont honestly believe that i'm small enough at 190s weight to actually fit into most 4/6 sizes...but at least in that brand i can :):)

did not work out on the weekends...i typically dont, those are rest days....enjoyed my reward for 5 days of working out at 530 a.m. by going to the gym's hot tub with DH...i'm using that for motivation these days lol....scale is not changing, in fact is up a few pounds....i attribute that to TOM starting tomorrow and possibly the weight machine training that ive been doing...CANNOT get the scale to drop below 191-192 for the life of me :(

still working on avoiding wheat and sugars....totally successful yesterday! passed up ALL the buns and chips at the bbq...not totally successful today but at least didnt' fall face-first into it LOL

time for bed and another 5:30 wake up call for the gym tomorrow

Sum38
06-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Not much to report. I am at that point of the month that I have little motivation. -- Once I get my TOM then it kicks back in. I am staying put around 144-146 pounds. I have kept my walks and weight training up tho, but eating is just meh.

Krystal :hug: i know what you mean. I was so down after my family pictures as well.

K9Owner
06-19-2012, 03:34 AM
UGH!
The feeding frenzy continues!
Luckily, I'm very active.
Otherwise, I'd be as big as the side of a house by now!!
TOM--you are evil!! Just a :devil:

I wanna quit all this overeating and pigging out on high processed carbs!
Madness I tell you ....
MADNESS!!

Sum38
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I need eliptical recommendations please?

jomatho
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I need eliptical recommendations please?

You can have mine, lol.

I don't have any recommendations, but when we were buying one, we just went store to store and tried them all out because they all feel different. Some, the arms seemed off, and some the foot plates seemed off, so I think they all tend to "fit" differently. We both knew as soon as we tried ours out that it was the one after trying at least 20 others.
As far as bells and whistles, it is like anything else you shop for, there are base models and loaded models.
Can I just say though, I hate the elliptical. My toes get all tingly, painful and uncomfortable and I have a hard time staying on it long enough to get in a good workout. There are lots of people that love them though, so you just have to try it.

Sum38
06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
You can have mine, lol.

I don't have any recommendations, but when we were buying one, we just went store to store and tried them all out because they all feel different. Some, the arms seemed off, and some the foot plates seemed off, so I think they all tend to "fit" differently. We both knew as soon as we tried ours out that it was the one after trying at least 20 others.
As far as bells and whistles, it is like anything else you shop for, there are base models and loaded models.
Can I just say though, I hate the elliptical. My toes get all tingly, painful and uncomfortable and I have a hard time staying on it long enough to get in a good workout. There are lots of people that love them though, so you just have to try it.

I will buy yours!

I used to use it at the gym and loved it, and now I would like to have at home.

jomatho
06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I will buy yours!

I used to use it at the gym and loved it, and now I would like to have at home.

Okay, I will just throw it on the top of my suv and bring it right over :rofl: Meet me halfway though and then we will throw it on the top of your hot rod :rofl:
I would be glad to get rid of it, but DH wouldn't be too happy if I sold it,:lol:, he still likes it a lot.
It is a great workout. Just go out and try some different ones out. What was the one at the gym you liked? Maybe start with that brand.

Sum38
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
hehe...I am actually going to spend this weekend 1/2 way to your house. Out of town BB tourney. :lol:

I am looking Craig's list...some great deals out there. People get bored and are selling their stuff 1/3 of the cost.

Sum38
06-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Ladies... I am BORED. Too hot to do anything, ugh.

K9Owner
06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
:wave: hello ladies.
I've been at the pool for 5 hrs :eek:
not swimming, just soaking up the vit D!!
no idea about elipticals. i've never researched them :(

jomatho
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Hoping today is a little calmer around here. Had a mass of boys in my back yard all-day-long. It was hot hot hot and the pool was the place to be. Of course, that means in and out of the house for bathroom, drinks, "we're hungry" and all that goes with it.
I'm ready for school to start again :lol:

K9Owner
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Tomorrow, I celebrate 1 month of scale freedom! Maybe I'll weigh in & see where I am.

Jo: Yesterday, I had that at the pool w/my nephew and one of his playmates. But today, my niece and I had it all to ourselves! WOW! How different without kiddos actually IN the pool :lol:
I'm not ready for it to be over though! Heck, we are just getting started :)

jomatho
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Tomorrow, I celebrate 1 month of scale freedom! Maybe I'll weigh in & see where I am.

Jo: Yesterday, I had that at the pool w/my nephew and one of his playmates. But today, my niece and I had it all to ourselves! WOW! How different without kiddos actually IN the pool :lol:
I'm not ready for it to be over though! Heck, we are just getting started :)

Of course I was kidding! So not ready for school to start.

I am sore all over today. Did lower body Monday, so still have day 3 DOMS from that and did chest and back yesterday and am sore from that now:dizzy: Going to take two days off from lifting and then finish my arms on Sat.
I am getting steeeerrooonnng! I finished the 6th week of my program and I looked back at where I started week one to week 6 and I am amazed. I decided to do another 6 weeks of this program and see where I end up at week 12.
I am 6 weeks into my reset also. I will go 2 more weeks and then start a small cut.
Hope everyone is staying cool and doing well :wave:

K9Owner
06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
well here!
just working a couple of nights.
:faint: I'm exhausted!

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
good morning :) its gonna be warm by alaskan standards today, 75 today and 85 tomorrow!! i'm so looking forward to it...we havent had a sunny day since april!

been working this week and still doing my early morning gym time...i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch on the machines and can push out 55 pounds with my arms on the machines...i find that the machines help me position properly and help avoid straining my lower back...the last thing i need is another ruptured disc in my lower back :( also been running, have been doing a mile and a half in intervals in the morning....i really like doing the intervals and im not even sure i'll transition to just straight running for extended times because i've tried it and its' just SO darn boring lol....i know i can run a mile straight and ive even ran two miles straight out but i just get bored with it and it's harder to manage my asthma....so i like the intervals, where i run a quarter mile, walk 30 seconds, run another quarter mile, etc as far as i want to go

NSV: since it's hot out i pulled out my one and only pair of shorts (dont need shorts in this rainforest!) ...and i washed them, which usually makes them really tight, but they were dirty so....and i put them on expecting them to be tight and they are actually really big on me LOL....fortunately still fit well enough to wear to work today because i dont want to go try to get another pair this morning but baggy clothes just kinda bug me lately lol

Sum38
06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Got my elliptical :woohoo: ...let the journey to 125 begin.

K9Owner
06-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Got my elliptical :woohoo: ...let the journey to 125 begin.

:yay: I hope you love it!!

K9Owner
06-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Alaskan: I wanted to commie on the sun-kissed girl's photo on FB, but I didn't know her. I LOVED the pic!! :sunny:
I find some of the machines easier on my back as well. No more injury for me either! I completely know what you mean by save my back!! Have you been running outside at all?? Maybe that would break up some of the monotony.
:yay: for the NSV! Kinda hard to go back to the XL when you've bought 4/6 :lol:

Jo, Star, Kristiina :wave:

I miss all of you!! I have been such a slacker posting here and on MFP. I have been so busy with life, I find it difficult to pay much attention to maintenance these days. I'm just bored with it! I hope each of you are having a great summer! Work is sucking lately! I have pretty much gone back full time (not in status, just in hours) and it BYTES!!

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2012, 09:17 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="3"]Alaskan: I wanted to commie on the sun-kissed girl's photo on FB, but I didn't know her. I LOVED the pic!! :sunny:
I find some of the machines easier on my back as well. No more injury for me either! I completely know what you mean by save my back!! Have you been running outside at all?? Maybe that would break up some of the monotony.
:yay: for the NSV! Kinda hard to go back to the XL when you've bought 4/6 :lol:

thanks :) i couldnt remember what you were talking about so i had to look on FB and remembered that i changed my profile pic not too long ago LOL

it's in the mid-80s here today and i just spent a wonderful FIVE HOURS sitting on the beach!! a real beach with sand and everything LOL most of the beaches here are rocky with seaweed but this is the only regular beach we have here....it was crowded....i sat in my beach chair and enjoyed the sun for the whole afternoon...the kids played in the water and in the sand and DH took them to the nearby Gold Rush Days festival for festival food :)

i bought a new pair of shorts today because my old ones were WAY too big...i fit a size 11/13 junior but they are shorts with "give" in them, which i like...i hate wearing stiff clothes with no flexibility, like jeans

alaskanlaughter
06-24-2012, 04:49 PM
i saw 190.2 on the scale today!!! been trying to see 190 for months!! hope it sticks!!

K9Owner
06-24-2012, 11:50 PM
i saw 190.2 on the scale today!!! been trying to see 190 for months!! hope it sticks!!

:yay:
GEAUX ALASKAN!!!

Sum38
06-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Just saying hi :wave:

Not having much energy to post now a days, sorry :no:

alaskanlaughter
06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
we had a wonderful weekend with unusually sunny weather...temps in the mid 80s from friday through sunday!!...of course i worked on friday, outside most of the afternoon on the playground...on saturday we took the kids to the beach most of the day and to a nearby Gold Rush Festival...i did exactly what i wanted :) sat on the beach All Day!...yesterday we stayed home but i went for a slow 2-mile walk with little son and our puppy and then later went for an 8-mile bike ride...i had been waiting for a good weekend day to go do that...it was an awesome ride along the back roads from our house near the glacier to the big lakes by the ocean channel...started to get breezy later, then super windy, and all the clouds and rain blew back in...today it's raining and cold again :(

i still got my butt out of bed at 5:30 this morning although i was up late last night and it was HARDDDD....did my usual weights and running at the gym

this morning i need to take nephew to get his ID in order to take the ferry back to his village tomorrow...then i work all afternoon...then i have CPR training all evening *sigh* tomorrow night i have first aid training, then Wed night i have my board of directors meeting...ack!

hope everyone else is doing well!!

jomatho
06-25-2012, 11:57 AM

Awesome! WTG

K9Owner
06-25-2012, 06:47 PM
I am working this week! UGH I will be glad when I can go back to my normal business hours!!!

Mon
Tues
Sat

Still no weigh in.
I am still eating 1800-2000 cals/day.
I'm just sick of all this counting.
:wl: for me this week if I can keep my sugars up long enough to lift!!

Happi Monday all of u :)

jomatho
06-26-2012, 10:46 AM
I am working this week! UGH I will be glad when I can go back to my normal business hours!!!

Mon
Tues
Sat

Still no weigh in.
I am still eating 1800-2000 cals/day.
I'm just sick of all this counting.
:wl: for me this week if I can keep my sugars up long enough to lift!!

Happi Monday all of u :)

What are you doing to try to keep your sugars up? That sux when your mind wants to do something and your body doesn't agree.

alaskanlaughter
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
ugh so very very hard to get out of bed at 5:30 a.m. this week :( i still did it....but it sucked...once i'm up and going i feel better though...already worked out...gotta take nephew to the ferry today, then work, then CPR training all evening...one long day down, today and tomorrow to go!

Sum38
06-26-2012, 04:51 PM
congrats Alaskan!

Since I can not seem to control my cake hole and what goes in, I have decided to up my exercise. I walk 1h20 min and do elliptical for 30 min each day and weights/core on alternate days. i may eat a lot but boy i am going to have a helluva body under all that flab :lol: TOM should get here any day; weight 147; UGH!!!

K9Owner
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Happi Tuesday!
I just got home from another grueling shift.
Kill me now!

Sum38
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Poor Krystal :hug: :tired: -- I need a job, I am bored to tears. Kids are so big and I am tired of staying at home. I need something.....

Weight 146. A little better and luckily heading down.

When are you ladies going to do a weigh-in? I am anxious for you :lol: I want numbers!

Sum38
06-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Has anyone tried botox/dysport? Since I am so bored I have time to really focus on my flaws :lol3: I am thinking about it...but will my face fall off? :yikes:

alaskanlaughter
06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
ive never tried botox so i have no idea...im still in the camp where i think my lines are "character" etc...but i'm always open to rethinking that one LOL

i weigh in daily...it's a habit...i weighed 190.2 directly after my period, when it's usually the lowest i'll see it all month...my official weigh in happens to be the 5th of each month...today i weighed 192.4 after the gym this morning...it fluctuates daily...as long as it's going down gradually then i'm fine...for months it fluctuated 197-199...then a few more months of 195-197...now a few months of 191-194...so it's getting there

another busy day today...working out, grocery shopping, worked all afternoon, cleaned up the house, and soon i'm making dinner for the kids and heading to my board of directors meeting...i'm on the board for the local branch of a national early education organization...my feet hurt :(

starting friday, i have a whole week of having to be downtown to work by 7:30 a.m....which means i need to get up even earlier for the gym, like 5 a.m., work out 530-630, come home and shower and dress by 7 so i can get my coffee and be to work at 730...phew!! lol

K9Owner
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Tomorrow, I get the opportunity to be bored
A L L
A L O N E
A T
T H E
:swim: P O O L :swim:
:woohoo: Poor Little Me!!! :woohoo:

K9Owner
06-27-2012, 10:35 PM
After a little over a month of eating crappy high carb food and barely getting into the gym for weights, I FINALLY forced myself to get on the scale.
Am I really surprised by the number I saw???
HECK NO!!
148.4!

How shocked are you right now??? I was this same weight for what--only 6 months last year! Geaux Me!!
Basically, all I have to do is nothing to maintain 148. YIPPEE!
I don't care what I weigh at this point.
The questions are
"What do i look like naked?"
"Does 'that' jiggle when I walk?"
"How does that pair of Miss Me jeans make my derriere' look?"
"How does that top make the girls look in contrast to my waist?"
"Am I rockin this swimsuit or should I put my cover up back on?"

Muscle is going to weigh more than the adipose tissue surrounding my midline, so I may as well embrace the fact that I may never get to 130. I want to look muscular and fit, not like the princess barbie. And that means I have to accept that I will weigh more. I'm perfectly ok with that ;)

As far as botox...I've never tried it, but I'd like to have some for my "Crow's Feet" and I'd love to have a lip injection. But, I'm not bored to do all of that just yet. I'm too busy too be bored atm. AND, I have no children.

K9Owner
06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
starting friday, i have a whole week of having to be downtown to work by 7:30 a.m....which means i need to get up even earlier for the gym, like 5 a.m., work out 530-630, come home and shower and dress by 7 so i can get my coffee and be to work at 730...phew!! lol

You are so busy; you make me tired just reading about your day! :lol:

K9Owner
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
What are you doing to try to keep your sugars up? That sux when your mind wants to do something and your body doesn't agree.

Last week, I went to do some weight lifting and didn't eat dinner. I had had plenty of food that particular day. But when I got off of the stairs to go lift, I became very symptomatic with hypoglycemia--shaky, nervous, a little diaphoretic, and had to sit down. I carry snacks with me, so I had an apple on the way home, which made me feel better. But I couldn't lift like that. I was a wobbly mess!! :lol:

Sum38
06-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Krystal; Pool Day, yay!! You deserve it. I think I am the same as you. I can maintain 147-148. I am concentrating getting rid of this flab. P ordered some new weights for me, and he is "writing" a lifting regime for me. I am looking good in dresses and shorts, but mid section needs still a ton of work.... :barf:

I gave up my job 7/8 months ago and the honeymoon has worn off. I feel like I can only clean so much, hehe. I am seriously considering the dance teaching job or going back to school. I don't want to go back to my old field, because it usually requires so much travel, but teaching young adults ballet sounds like a fun option.

Sum38
06-28-2012, 09:48 AM
well...144 this am. I think my added elliptical workout is working :yay: TOM arrived as well, therefore I may see a pound or two drop within the next few days.

I was able to get cancellation appointment for dysport. So I did not have time to change my mind. It has been injected on my forehead and around the eyes....now we shall see if my face rots and falls off :lol: No workout today for me. I am kinda glad of a day break anyways.

100 F here today. I will be thinking of you Krystal today; all cool and :swim:

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
good morning :) back home from the gym this morning...my ankle is hurting a little, like achy, probably just too much impact from running...so very glad that i have NOTHING to do this evening after work...it's been a killer week

what's considered heavy lifting? does it have to be free weights or do machines count? i do NOT want to do free weights because i run the risk of rupturing discs in my back again.....right now i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch and i can do 4 sets of 10, then come back later for 3 more sets of 10...i can push out 55 pounds in a sitting position, like with arms up and bent at an angle, i can do 3 sets of 10, then another 2 sets...is this considered heavy lifting? does the term just apply on a personal level, like what's hard for me compared to someone else?

im really enjoying the weight machines but i know that i wont be transitioning to free weights....i CANNOT rupture any more discs in my back, it would mean surgery for me :(

jomatho
06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't care what I weigh at this point.
The questions are
"What do i look like naked?"
"Does 'that' jiggle when I walk?"
"How does that pair of Miss Me jeans make my derriere' look?"
"How does that top make the girls look in contrast to my waist?"
"Am I rockin this swimsuit or should I put my cover up back on?"

Muscle is going to weigh more than the adipose tissue surrounding my midline, so I may as well embrace the fact that I may never get to 130. I want to look muscular and fit, not like the princess barbie. And that means I have to accept that I will weigh more. I'm perfectly ok with that ;)

This is exactly where I am at!
Love this.

jomatho
06-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I am just sitting here waiting for a plumber on a gorgeous hot day that I should spending be floating in the pool, and now that I see Krystal is floating in the pool I am really mad :p!!!

jomatho
06-28-2012, 01:32 PM
good morning :) back home from the gym this morning...my ankle is hurting a little, like achy, probably just too much impact from running...so very glad that i have NOTHING to do this evening after work...it's been a killer week

what's considered heavy lifting? does it have to be free weights or do machines count? i do NOT want to do free weights because i run the risk of rupturing discs in my back again.....right now i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch and i can do 4 sets of 10, then come back later for 3 more sets of 10...i can push out 55 pounds in a sitting position, like with arms up and bent at an angle, i can do 3 sets of 10, then another 2 sets...is this considered heavy lifting? does the term just apply on a personal level, like what's hard for me compared to someone else?

im really enjoying the weight machines but i know that i wont be transitioning to free weights....i CANNOT rupture any more discs in my back, it would mean surgery for me :(

Yes, heavy lifting means hard for you. Always trying to increase your weights when possible and lift at or just below your max.
I try to lift a weight that has me pretty exhausted and barely able to complete 8-10 reps, usually 10. Once I can get to 10 fairly easily, I up them on the next set or session.
There are some exercises that I don't do at my max for joint protection reasons, I don't want an injury either! I have finicky elbows and I am very careful with my right shoulder (old volleyball player here).

Sum38
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Is your pool broken Jo? Or just other plumbing issues?

You two are my heros. I wish I did not stare at that scale so much, but I am not ready to cut that addiction out yet.

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, heavy lifting means hard for you. Always trying to increase your weights when possible and lift at or just below your max.
I try to lift a weight that has me pretty exhausted and barely able to complete 8-10 reps, usually 10. Once I can get to 10 fairly easily, I up them on the next set or session.
There are some exercises that I don't do at my max for joint protection reasons, I don't want an injury either! I have finicky elbows and I am very careful with my right shoulder (old volleyball player here).

i wonder if this is why my right shoulder has been bothering me from weight training....i played volleyball for years...loved it!

thanks for the explanation...that makes more sense now...sounds like i'm doing too many sets and need to increase the weight and only do maybe one set of 10 as hard as i can get it(?)

ItsMyTurn
06-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Alaskan - You are doing great keeping up with fitness while still maintaining your busy life :) Did the loss stick?

Kristiina - I think you have done and do an amazing job at this! You don't need a scale for validation when you KNOW you do well ;) Addiction be gone! :)

Krystal - I am glad you got a pool day and a bit of R&R after working so much

Jo - Did the plumber show on time? Hope you didn't miss your whole day?

I know I have so been slacking on my posting here and I apologize for that. Catch up time: Schooling is going well, I scored the highest of all my student advisor's students for the first 3 wks :) Car broke down Saturday, so had to have it towed to dealer... got that fixed and now in hospital with Amber. I am actually sitting in her ICU room as we speak from her knee replacement surgery. I was managing to keep up with workouts and even put in a double workout before we came into hospital today... errr... yesterday (it's 2am now). I won't be able to workout again until she is out though, but that's ok... life has to be allowed to happen :) Have a super night all.... errr...morning, that is :D :wave:

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
the loss on the scale, down to 190, didnt' stick...i didnt expect it to...i always hit my lowest weight right after TOM and then it goes up again...as long as i keep weighing less each month after TOM than the previous month, than we're good lol...

it's been an insanely busy day..i got up at 5 a.m. and did my workout...it's raining BUCKETS today :( i worked straight through from 730 a.m. to 130 p.m. without a break or lunch...there was 54 kids at work today and very little staff...but i'm home now and going to clean up the house and take my friend to the store with me....i'm exhausted!!

K9Owner
06-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Work for me tonight.

Anyone doing anything fun for the 4th??
With temps hovering 104-110F, I think I'll be at the pool!
:swim:
Summer is officially HERE :sunny:

ItsMyTurn
06-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Alaskan - 54 kids with little staff is not a good combo but sure you all did great :)

Krystal - Hanging by the pool sounds good, hope you have fun. Here's hoping your work night goes smoothly!

Sum38
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I have decided to join "I am no slave of my scale club" once I hit 130 pounds. I have about 13 pounds worth flab; belly, arms and back. I think around 130 pounds I will feel confident enough to wear all clothes and even start thinking about wearing a bikini.

I am quite small built, therefore, still at 143 pounds, I look heavy set.

Today;

1) I do not like how I look naked
2) I would not wear a bikini -- I measure 35-36 inches around my belly button and that is all goo.

So 130 pounds sound like a good goal. -- Ideally I would like to see 120-125, but I promise, once that 130 hits, I will concentrate on strength and feeling muscular and fit. -- I am built like a princess tho :lol3: with my small bones; but I do have wide hip bones :yikes:

So I am going to work my hardest to shed another 13 pounds of fat. I am lifting and doing core, therefore I hope to feel confident enough then.

You gals are the best :love:

K9Owner
07-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Here's the new & LAST thread link

Slow Dancing w/A Stranger {13} (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/262163-slow-dancing-stranger-13-please-save-last-dance-me.html#post4391923)