Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default .....

Last edited by fourkidsandamigraine; 07-26-2013 at 01:10 AM.
fourkidsandamigraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Take a deep breath! You are doing fine. 10 pounds in 2 weeks is A LOT! IF all else is right, it's just your body figuring things out.

Make sure your calories really are where you think they are. Are you counting every bite? Weighing or measuring all foods?

If so, this happens sometimes. It happens to me about every3 to 5 weeks. I'll lose consistently then I'll hover around the same weight for about a week and a half. You just have to be consistent. If you are in a calorie deficit, the weight will reflect on the scale eventually.

You are going to lose perhaps a little slower than if you were crash dieting and doing pills or some other thing like that. Remember it really is about a lifestyle change so that you can maintain the weight loss when you get to your goal!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

You have been at this 5 weeks. For week one and two you lost 10 pounds. Weeks three, four and five you lost 4.2 pounds. That is an average of around 3 pounds a week. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you or your body. It is working well, and you are doing all the right things. The only other thing you can do is to give yourself a break and practice patience! You are doing great. Keep at it, and before you know it, 14 will be 28. patience...
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
That is an average of around 3 pounds a week.
Which is AMAZING! 3 pounds a week is like 3 pounds more than the average person is losing! That is no small amount by any stretch of the imagination. Give yourself a little more credit, and be patient with yourself.

A couple good old sayings to remember;
"If it were easy, everyone would do it."
"You didn't put it on overnight, you aren't going to take it off overnight."
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Last edited by fourkidsandamigraine; 07-26-2013 at 01:08 AM.
fourkidsandamigraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

You are doing great! Keep it up. Weight loss isn't linear! You will have great weeks and weeks where you lose nothing or even gain (for no apparent reason).
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Quote:
Lost 14.2 pounds and now its a roller coaster, Need advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkidsandamigraine View Post
1st week I lost 5.8
2nd week I lost 5.0
3rd week I lost 1.6
4th week I lost 0.8
5th week I lost 0.0
You originally said you lost 14.2 but your calculations add up to 13.2 Where did that 14th pound go? Are you sure it wasn't on that 5th week you are getting so down in the dumps about??
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You look like you are right on track. Big loses in the first few weeks, which is normal and then a little slow down, which is normal. If you look at the charts off people who have lost weight and kept it off, it is not a straight line going down.

Just keep doing what you are doing, and realize that if you weigh every day you will drive yourself crazy.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
... I eat fruits veggies and chicken. Sometimes beef in the lean cuisine or smart ones. Special K snacks, cereal. Oatmeal, eggs, light yogurt, fat free everything. My dessert once a week is 1/4 cup frozen yogurt. I may indulge in a sip of soda 1 or 2x a week because I did have caffeine addiction prior to this diet and sometimes I just need it for a quick boost of energy. But if I eat 1400 calories one day I kick it up to 1700 the next then down to 1250 then up to 1500 then down to 1300 and so on. I never eat the same calories each day.

Overall, calories are what matters, but once that stops working for you, you need to start looking at your macronutrient ratios (e.g. protein/carbs/fats) to see if things look off balance. Sometimes tweaking that can kickstart your losses again. Looking at what you posted above, those bolded items stand out to me. I'm seeing a lot of processed foods and fat free foods, which usually add up to a whole lot of sugar. Sugar in and of itself is not bad, but an overabundance of it can be, especially if it's taking the place of protein and good fats in your diet.

I think if you ditch some of the processed crap and try more natural foods, you might get some good results.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh hun, ditch the 'diet' foods. You are making yourself miserable!!!

This isn't a sprint to the finish line. There is no award for the person who can drop weight the fastest. You have your ENTIRE LIFE to get this. Don't throw in the towel now because you're not losing 80000 lbs a week.

It's about being healthy, not getting as skinny as possible as quickly as possible. Please remember that, and don't panic!! You'll get there, just don't give up! BE HEALTHY.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I agree with Jossfit -- I think what you may be having issues with (if you go another week or so without a loss) with processed food. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some LC's!! (Lean Cuisine's) and I think they can for sure be a great part of your plan. What I am thinking might be the issue is that with doing SO many 'diet' foods, you may not be getting enough of the nutrients and fats that you need. I watch calories and eat a lot of what you do, but I only do 'portioned' meals like the occasional LC's and I don't really watch fats -- like in yogurt and cheese. I just feel like your body needs those good fats! And if you watch the fats, you miss out on those yummy filling things which also include nuts and avocados.

But for now, I think you are focusing too much on the NORMAL day to day fluctuations. I've been at this a LONG time now and I can say that there are WEEKS where I don't move no matter how good I am and then BAM. Big loss. You just have to learn to use those day to day numbers for tracking but only COUNT that number once a week or once a month. And know that on average, many people only lose about 2 to 8lbs. in a month. So, don't be too hard on yourself. This is new and your body may be in a bit of shock. Just don't give up. Because even if you haven't LOST any more quite yet, you WILL. And best of all, you've lost about 13lbs.!!! Which, is WAY better than GAINING 13lbs.!!! So, no matter what, you've made progress. And that's really what this weightloss thing is about... progress not perfection. I really wish I could remember who originally said that! But it's true. At the end of the road, you may not have lost every day or every week, but at the end of 6mos., wouldn't you have rather lost SOMETHING than NOTHING? I'm sure you would! So, just don't give up. You may have to make changes and tweak, but don't give up.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thanks. I know I new to this. It's a work in progress. I just panic when things don't go a certain way. My dr said 1-2 pounds a week. So when I don't do that I freak thinking something is wrong with me. I don't want to be skinny. My bone structure will never allow it. Tho I was 142 and a size 5/7 before my kids. Now I am a 14 and would love to be at least a 9. But even do size doesn't matter as long as I lose the kangaroo pouch from having kids. That is my main focus. To tone my belly to a somewhat flat stomach. I just thought in order to lose inches you have to lose weight. I guess I was told wrong. But I will try to make more foods. Just the LC meals and special k were quick and easy since my life is pretty
much hectic I need quick. I will have to maybe prepare something ahead so I can just warm it up as I need to eat. Either way I will give it an additional 30 days and see what comes about. Thank you for the insight. My nerves are all jumbled just because I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. And my kids tapping my belly asking me when I am going to have the baby kind of kills your self esteem a lil. I don't want to lose pounds a day. Just a pound a week with no lag would be totally nice. But I can't have it all. I do however went down a size in pants so that's a plus. So now 12s fit me loosely. I just need to do it right. I guess recipe hunting is on my agenda today. Since I absolutely do not know what to make myself to eat beside fruit and a side salad and maybe a ob sandwich
Go to the Maintainers forum and get input from the people who have lost and kept it off. Find out how many of them lost in a straight line with no lags, no gains, no plateaus. My guess will be ZERO.

One of them posted a chart once of her loss, you could see ups and downs, weeks where the scale didn't budge, but she just kept at it and the general trend was down which got her to her goal. Learn to expect those things and you'll be less likely to ditch the plan when its not working according to your expectations.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote