Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Default The old water problem

I am just not keen on drinking plain water. Common problem I guess. Puts me off having enough. Any ideas of how to overcome this? Thank yoooou!!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

There are all kinds of flavored things to add to water. I like MIO. I don't use it a lot, I do like plain water, but I've used it before and it's good, lots of flavors too!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #3  
present!

S/C/G: 200/174/145

Height: 5'3"

I like tea, which some people debate is bad, but if it's tea or nothing then tea it is.
When it's really hot I do frozen cucumber slices, or lemon and lime slices in water.
I was at a deli the other week that had one of those sangria pitchers (like an office water cooler bottle) and they had made sangria with water instead of the booze with green grapes watermelon and pineapple, etc in the pitcher. Very pretty and very tasty!
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Sometimes I put lemon or lime juice in it. A friend of mine uses fruit like kiwi, strawberries and blueberries in her water.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I didn't drink plain water at all when I lost 55 pounds last year and don't drink it now. I drink coffee, tea, a juice/sparkling water mix, and wine. That's all. And I'm still alive, healthy, and maintaining.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #6  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I drink a lot of soda water.. although I do like plain water.

I second the herbal tea also.
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #7  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I always loved water, but I find drinking it cold... really cold makes it much easier

Try the lemon or lime in water, it makes it taste so much better lol
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #8  

I'm with tea also.
The Black or Green teas are my go-to.
Other than that..just lemon.
Yomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm not a big fan of plain water either, but I drink at least 3 20-ounce bottles of cold doctored-up water every day.

I make iced herbal tea - any of the fruity Celestial Seasonings flavors will brew up cold overnight. I cold brew Bigelow mint black tea, too.

I love True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange and True Grapefruit! They're just dried juice - 1 packet equals a wedge. They make a great raspberry lemondade mix, too.

I drink lots of flavored seltzer at home - Polar must make about 20 flavors.

I like Mio and Crystal Light packets, too. I'm trying to cut back on the chemically drinks, though.

Oh yeah, and it's time to start making mint water - so refreshing!

Last edited by Riddy; 05-30-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I never drink water, just tea. Not even fancy green tea full of antioxidants or anything like that. Just normal tea, well brewed, milk no sugar. Some people say that's dreadful because tea's a diuretic, but I've been doing this for years and I haven't died of dehydration yet!

My sister used to be the same but developed an intolerance to lactose when pregnant with her second child. She switched to drinking juice - the sugar-free, mix a little bit with a pint of water sort. Seems to work (and also makes it easier to get enough liquid into the kids).

The thing to remember is you don't have to drink water by itself for it to count. Just try to avoid drinks that have sugar in them.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I have days where water is boring and I don't want to drink plain water, so instead I have:

- tea (plain lipton tea with nothing added)
- crystal light
- mio
- seltzer with mio or crystal light (it's like soda!)
- water with a little bit of lemon
- and, sometimes, diet soda
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #12  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Cold water...cold water is key!
I never really had a problem drinking water, but I would take tea (black or green, No sugar unless it was herbal because.. eww) over water any day.

Then I got pregnant and the Dr was like.."a gallon of water a day...no soda, juice, coffee or tea" End of story.

a gallon, i don't think I coud drink a gallon of anything a day. @.@ This late in the pregnacy with 105+ degrees outside, I still don't think i'm drinking a gallon of water a day, but I think I get close.

I find it was better to take if it's very cold. Sometimes I would drink flavored water but I have to be careful that it has no sodium in it. i also don't use any flavoring (like the packets or mio) if it has fake sugars in it. least not while still pregnant, other wise i wouldn't be as careful with the fake sugar.

Before i would always make my water into a lemonaid with a squeeze of lemon and a splenda tablet. I could drink that all day long over and over again (more so if it was freezing cold).

Personally I do think water is best for you. Not that this means that it's the only thing you should have. I don't think tea or coffee is bad for you as long as your getting a bit of clean plain water a day.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #13  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Maybe you could try drinking your water at different temperatures. I'm outside the norm as I prefer my water room temp. It sounds gross but it goes down so much easier for me. Icy cold hurts my teeth. I also sometimes drink just hot water if I'm cold (which is often). I've found that the more water I drink--the more I crave. It's addictive! I also drink coffee and tea but try to limit the caffeine intake. I'll also have a diet cola once or twice a week--which I do drink cold (I know I'm weird).
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I didn't drink plain water at all when I lost 55 pounds last year and don't drink it now. I drink coffee, tea, a juice/sparkling water mix, and wine. That's all. And I'm still alive, healthy, and maintaining.

F.
Same here. Chugging loads of water daily does nothing for me except send me to the bathroom every few minutes and I really don't have time to be sitting in there. I don't understand WHY many people think they have to drink so much of it. The diet/water chugging myth was debunked years ago, but still people continue to force themselves to do drink and pee in the name of weight loss. Just not necessary in my humble opinion.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #15  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Water. Not a fan, either. I drink around 80 oz a day. I fill my power jug in the morning and try to finish it by bed time. The act of filling one container all day is key for me, but I don't mind room temperature water.

I cut lemons and limes in to quarters and freeze them, and freeze other fruits and will toss something in my water in the morning. Usually it's lemon. Today it was just a few blueberries. Sometimes it's mixed berries, a strawberry, an orange slice or just a little bit of something that gives the water flavor. Sometimes I'll toss a few green tea bags in my jug for a slow, cold seep.

Then it's a matter of just stopping now and then and drinking.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote