Atkins - July 4th Challenge!!!

View Full Version : July 4th Challenge!!!

AnaBee
05-28-2012, 09:55 PM
This is a continuation of the memorial day challenge, everyone was keen to do another one and so July 4th is it! Drop by and post your goal, whatever it may be. Everyone's welcome :)

rho1640
05-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm in - just have to figure what my goal will be :D

Ok - going for 8 lbs - I did really well in the last challenge so historically that means the next few weeks will be slower than slow ... Want to try to make it realistic ... Although I will admit I would be thrilled beyond belief if I could get into onederland!

kurbain
05-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I didn't post in the Memorial Day Challenge, but I started Atkins 30 April. At that point I was 212 lbs. Possibly more, but I'm not sure. I didn't really get a good weigh-in until like a week and a half into it. And I was 201 on Thursday, so I lost over 10 lbs. I think this month will be more of a challenge. I'm going on a mini vacation next weekend, and then I have a 2 week trip to GA for a class for work. So we'll see, but I'm trying for 10 lbs. I'll weigh in tomorrow though, and go from there.

gapeach
05-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm going for 10 off of whatever my weigh in tomorrow morning is! Good luck everyone!

Violet73
05-28-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm in! I'm shooting for 15 pounds by July 4 :)

AnaBee
05-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Yay, you found it!

I'm going to say 6 pounds. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and will update my (currently untruthful) ticker.

airomatic
05-29-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm in for the 4th of July challenge. I figured I would just post here with my final number ending the Memorial Day challenge: 211.8 so up 4 pounds. I think it's TOM though and I think it was Steph who said her stomach looked huge from the bloating which I can relate to. I looked at pictures my sister took last Tuesday on my son's birthday and my stomach looked huge! About as big as it did before I started back on Atkins (or at least thats what it seemed to me haha). My goal for the 4th is to get below 200 and actually stay. Mini goal is to permanently be below 210, hopefully in the next month by the time summer session starts which is June 25th. I also want to get back on track with exercising. I think I'm going try taking my son for walks with me since he really dug the hike we went on :)

ghost
05-29-2012, 03:58 AM
I'm in, I need a challenge. I want to be in the 220's by July. Anywhere in the 220's, lol!

everdeen
05-29-2012, 04:02 AM
My goals are to improve water intake, improve veggie intake and try new veggies, and make it to 190 lbs by July 4th.

globetrotter74
05-29-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm in for this challenge.. I will be at my goal weight by July 4th if no sooner so after myweight on Saturday I'll have an idea of what my goal will be. Just came off TOM and I know my body I need to wait at least 3/4 days after TOM to get an accurate weight..

air it is definitely TOM and if I were you I would weigh again like 3 days after TOM and for sure the scale should have moved down..

Everyone take your measurements.. I was basically going by the scale as my measure of success but when I tried on a pair of jeans that were too tight and barely could button months ago and now they are hanging off my hips I was :carrot: so being the scaleoholic that I am it made me realize that don't also use the scale as the only measurement of success and also I'm not going to weigh myself everyday or every other day but try maybe 2 times a week I'm going to try

Serenity100
05-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Good Morning! Thank you Ana for opening the new thread.

I'm in for a minimum of 5.

:exercise: I have to focus more on the exercise than the eating. As soon as I picked up the exercising the pounds started moving again for me.

We got this!

Ramra
05-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm in! I want to lose 5 lbs, I just have to figure out what I weigh right now (I'm hoping for 155).

150 would be my all time low! I thought I was down to 140 at one point, but my 12 dollar scale wasn't accurate. :P Should've expected as much. Then I gained a good 15 lbs from poor eating. <_<

globetrotter74
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
It's good to see everyone so motivated and ready to go :carrot:

I maybe close to my goal but believe me I still will be in the forums etc.. this forum as been a critical part of me losing weight. My weight didn't come off overnight and it took a lot of determination on my part. Now that I look back I'm glad it came off steady.. losing weight is the first part, maintaining it is the hard part..

Good luck to everyone and we can do this

sizzlingina
05-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm in!

My weight goal is to get to 215. I'm 227 today.

I'd like to TRY to not be so in love with coffee. Our love/hate relationship is getting ridiculous! ;-)

MistyMP
05-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I am in! I will make my goal 12 pounds! :carrot:
I needed motivation and I think being able to share this will offer me just that! Good luck all!

gapeach
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Ok I am in and my goal will be 12lbs. I was going to do 10lbs but I can't help thinking TOM is playing tricks on me and I should have a (hopefully) big drop soon. TOM is late coming this month but thats not a big concern, it is fairly normal. I think that might be the reason I have been going up and down about 2lbs over the last week. Anyway, as of today I am at 147.6, my goal for this challenge would bring me to 135 which is in my happy zone! I am doing fairly well with eating but am making an effort to get more veggies in, so far today I have had 2 stalks of celery and will plan for something with dinner as well. Water has been good and I am getting at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. I am going to try and up the exercise especially on days that I am not working. This morning I did a 25 minute aerobics work out and plan on doing the same tonight along with a few strength exercises.

AnaBee
05-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Morning all! I weighed myself and I was 182.8 this morning. I'm going to amend my goal slightly and aim for 175 pounds by July 4th. In kilos (which we generally use in australia thought I'm 'fluent' in pounds), that's 79.5 which is a nice milestone, getting out of the 80s (AGAIN).

Now I have to update my ticker, again. I know the mid 180s to the mid 170s so well, I'd be invisible if I'd lost and kept off those 10 pounds.

gapeach
05-29-2012, 09:17 PM
haha Ana does that make you biweighable...(like bilingual)? More talented than me! haha

AnaBee
05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Hehe, peach, that's funny. I guess! It's actually pretty handy when you get bored of seeing the same numbers, I switch to a different setting on the scale. I'm using kilos at the moment and converting them to post here because seeing 180s was driving me nutso. Stone though, I can't work that one out at all.

sizzlingina
05-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Day one of the challenge was BAD BAD BAD. my mom was put on a ventilator this morning and brought to a hospital 75miles from home. I'm going to stay with her as long as I can. I drank too much coffee and by the time everything was settled enough, the hospital cafe was closed. Ugh. I wound up finding a Chipotle. I've never eaten there before but I got a burrito bowl with chicken, lettuce, cheese, green salsa, and a little guacamole. It was sooo spicy I could only eat like half. Tomorrow I will find better food. I know the cafe has a la carte bacon and eggs :-)

My mom is septic. Some kind of infection that they haven't figured out yet. Probably pneumonia. Her BP is unstable (way too low). Hopefully tomorrow we'll get more answers.

AnaBee
05-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Sizz, I'm so sorry, best wishes to your mum. I hope she gets better soon.

I loooooove Chipoltle, it's one of the things I look forward to when I visit the states. If you have to eat there again, just have the fresh salsa,I personally don't like any of the hot ones. You've got yourself a really fresh, low carb meal. You did great not having the rice! (I also loooooove the lime cilantro rice, sigh)

And you did better than me, I had nachos for petes sake. The cheese sauce on them was really gross, that's a lesson learned. I'm eating higher carb this week because I have a GTT on Saturday.

rho1640
05-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh Sizz - are you making the trip everyday or are you staying in a hotel? Just make the best choices you can - the Chipotle meal sounds good maybe see if there is a less spicy option .. Sending healing thoughs for your mom ..

I know I set a lb goal but I've realized that in my mind my goal is to be out of the 2's and into the 1's. There is a slight possibility I could make it but my goal will still be my original number one with the hopes of and changing to it if I meet the original goal before the 4th

Serenity100
05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Gina:hug: about your Mom. It sounds as you did well, under the circumstances. Are you sleeping at the hospital? That is rough. Take care of yourself and Mom.

sizzlingina
05-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks y'all.. for now I'm staying with her in the hospital. At least until I have more info about what's wrong with her. She was in here back in January on a ventilator for 5 days and without for 3 more days, but then we did know she had pneumonia and her carbon dioxide level was through the roof. This time started out with a severe headache. Its just scary. She's so young (only 52) to have all this happening.

globetrotter74
05-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Sizz I hope your mom gets better :hug: try and do what you can as far as staying on-plan but most importantly I'm sure you are worried about your mom..

gapeach, TOM is definitely playing tricks on you.. been on that ride before :lol: my weight would go and down 2 pounds then after 5 days after TOM I had lost 5 pounds which means the 2 that I gained from TOM and additional 3 pounds..

rho I understand about setting realistic goals or goals you know that you can reach. sometimes we put a lot of pressure on ourselves..

I'm happy to see this thread moving along..everyone keep on going :carrot::D

StephanieM
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Gina, that definitely is hard! Hope she gets better soon and best of luck on dieting while going through this!

My goal for July 1st is to be in the 160's. I've decided to call this my Canada Day challenge, haha.

The good news is that shouldn't be too hard since this morning I weighed in at 174.8! Whoo hoo for new lows :) TOM was insane this month and is still kinda here but dwindling away.

globetrotter74
05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Ste it must the change of the seasons or something as TOM gave me **** this month as well :(

Slimmer Down Now
05-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey!! I'd love to join your challenge! I haven't been on atkins in YEARS... I think probably like 7+ yrs ago and it was the only thing that ever really worked for me, but I stalled out and stopped and now I weigh way more.. it's tough because I'm a pescatarian, but I know that my body does not get along with carbs at all...and this has to be a lifestyle change for me not just a weight loss mechanism.... That being said, I'm going to shoot for 20 lbs by July 4... I just started induction today, so I think it's reasonable, considering a lot of water weight that I'll probably be getting rid of!

I look forward to getting to know you all!!

AnaBee
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome SDN! :)

Steph, would you mind posting an average day's meals for us? I am super impressed at your losses and your numbers are most similar to mine.

gapeach
05-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Gina, sorry to hear about your mom, will be keeping you both in my thoughts!

Globe, glad to see you posting, I saw the news yesterday about the earthquakes and was hoping it didn't affect you!

Haha Stephanie on the Canada day...but you do have the 4th there too...as well as the 5th, 6th, 7th...etc-lol

Welcome Slimmer!

Rho- no matter the goal, as long as the scale is going down its in the right direction, every ounce is progress!

Okay, so I had a drop this morning, I am being cautious about it though since I have been up and down all over the place the last two weeks. It was my lowest yet though so I really hope it holds, if it does I'll post it tomorrow. Still the TOM issue though, now I am starting to get a little concerned because it is a good bit later than normal (not preggers!) I wonder if the change of diet could cause that? Oh well, will wait another week or so before I totally panic and call the doctor! I did workout tonight even though I really didn't want to because I had a long day at work. At first I planned on a really quick one but ended up going for 30 minutes so I am proud of that!

Everyone have a great night!

StephanieM
05-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Welcome SDN!

Ana, I always have 3 eggs with butter for breakfast, but sometimes on the weekend we do sausage or bacon as well. Lunch is usually a salad with tomato, cucumber, cheese and maybe some meat and pickles. If I need a snack I usually have pepperoni and maybe some cheese. Dinner is usually a meat with a veggie side. Sometimes I cut a green pepper into four peices and fill it with tuna and mayo.

I'm pretty basic in my meals but I like them and they work with me.

Today I'm at 176.2, TOM still kinda here. I had steak last night and I find when I have something heavy like that I usually have a jump. I also had two big salads yesterday, haven't tallied the carbs yet but have it all written down. I might have gone over or it might just be a little bloat. Still troopin' along :)

gapeach
05-31-2012, 11:37 AM
So w/i this morning I did have a slight bump up but I feel comfortable enough to say that I have dropped some this week and today was down to 145.6. I really need to stop weighing so much! Honestly, I probably do about 3-4 a day! The only one I really go by though is the first thing in the morning w/i. Anyway, so my first two weeks on atkins and I was down 6lbs. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for but it will do. When I first started my goal was to be down 12lbs in my first month so I have quite a bit of work to get there, thats 6 more lbs over the next two weeks.

So here is how I came up with the goal (sad I know!)...

I have to see a girl that one year ago when I weighed about 140 I saw for the first time in a year, I was talking to someone else about how I had gained a little weight and I was mad at myself...at that point I had really only gained 6-8 lbs. So the other girl (the one I have to see in two weeks) said "I wasn't going to say anything but what happened???" In a real snotty voice. It really freaked me out! And now knowing I have to see her again I really cant stand the idea of being any higher! I know I shouldn't let things like that effect me so much but it did. She is one of those naturally skinny people too that doesn't understand what that does to someone that has had weight struggles! So that is my short term motivation but in truth I do want to do it for me!

So today starting off well, I already did my workout, not a crazy one but 25 min aerobics and 5 minutes of strength. Wanted to get it in early since I work 2-10 tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day today, make the most out of it!

AnaBee
05-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Steph, thanks, that helps. I think I overthink meals too much and stress myself out. I can eat the same thing all the time if it's carby, I'd make my life easier if I stuck to simple with low carb too. I feel like I have to be super adventurous with veges all the time and I'm so tired after work, I really can't be arsed :)

peach, ugh, how rude. Maybe if she was someone who struggled with her weight she could take that as an 'in' to start talking specifics (like you can with us!) but not from some skinny girl who has no idea how that makes you feel.

I saw the doc yesterday and she's given me more meds, including an apricot cough syrup that is diisssssgusting, seriously, whoever thought it would be a good flavour should be made to swim in a vat of it. I slept much better last night though. Plus I'm on another asthma puffer. Since I've been coughing for ages they are properly testing me for whooping cough and for atypical pneumonia too (must google that one). But hopefully it's just my tendency to hold on to a cough. I really want to stop having these cough syrups and lozenges, they are so sweet tasting, even the artificially sweetened ones.

sizz, hope things with your mum are better.

Ramra
05-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Gina: I'm very sorry about your mother's health. She's relatively young so I'll bet she has lots of fight in her! You're wonderful for being there for her, and that's far more important than eating on plan. But way to go for thinking of healthier alternatives!

Gapeach: Sometimes it's those "naturally skinny" women who effortlessly maintain their weight that end up gaining some when they're older.

I bought a scale today, and I'm weighing in tomorrow. I'm very nervous. For the 1st two weeks, while on induction, I lost nothing. It's been another 2 weeks since I've weighed myself.

Slimmer Down Now
05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everybody :)

Good luck Ramra! - do your clothes feel different even though you didn't see any change in the 1st 2 wks?

Peach, kharma is a bee... she'll get what's coming to her. Don't even worry about what she thinks, life is too short to allow yourself to be affected by the drama of people who really don't matter!

Day 2 down and no trouble really... I may have had a little too much jicama tonight though.. I need to buy a food scale.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

ultrapeaches
06-01-2012, 12:33 AM
May I join the challenge? I'd like to lose 9lbs and be in the 150s by July 4th.

I'm envious of you guys with exercise routines. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a one year old, and I just don't know how to fit it into my day.

AnaBee
06-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey ultrapeaches! Is there anywhere you can walk in your neighbourhood? I don't have kids but that seems to be what everyone in my neighbourhood does, I can't go out without bumping into some fit mum pushing a baby/toddler up the hill (and it's all hills, boo)

Ramra
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Slimmer! As it turns out I lost 5 lbs, and my clothes do fit a little better! I can can comfortably wear my jeans again.

I was weighed at the hospital today, so I'm pleased to know that my new scale is dead on. Because progress is slow for me, I'm going to wait until the 16th to weight again. As of right now I'm 155, and my goal is to be 150!

I don't really have an "exercise" routine, personally. I don't have a car and I'd rather not rely on cabs/busses, so I walk everywhere. Today I got 45 minutes in. On an average day, an hour+.

Ultrapeaches, you should see if there are any 'moms' exerise groups in your city! There are surprisingly a lot of exercises that can be incorporated with a stroller. Plus it would be nice to mingle with other moms that have similar goals.

StephanieM
06-01-2012, 10:30 PM
gapeach, what a b*tch! I bet no one likes her with that attitude. I get how that would make you self concious though. I'm guilty of feeling self concious at times as well.

ultrapeaches, I'm a stay at home mom with a 5 month old! I am still trying to figure out how to fit exercise in as well. I'll be going back to work in January when my year of mat leave ends. So far for exercise I take a walk with the stroller when it's nice out. I thought of doing 30 day shred but she cut a tooth on Wednesday and is cutting her second today and it's way too much. I had to cuddle her all day while she cried, not taking it well.

So as for my weird pound and a half jump yesterday, today I'm down half a pound so I'm guessing it's just after TOM bloat that I seem to get from my BC. Today I'm at 175.8. Want to see 174 again, it was so nice!

gapeach
06-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Its been a good day, tom FINALLY appeared so now I don't have to wonder about water bloat and how it is affecting my weight, will see tomorrow if I get a nice drop!(sometimes it takes 2-3 days to see) I did a few measurements just to kind of see how things were going and it looks like most are down anywhere from 1/4 of an inch to a half so that made me feel good. I will do my official weekly measuring on Sunday so I will post what I find out then...last week I had no losses!

I am feeling really positive today and I really feel like this group can make our goals together, lets all stay focused and finally do this thing!

Steph and Ultra, don't feel like you have to get all your exercise in at once. I read an article one time that studied people that tended to be thinner and one common habit they had was that they fidget. I try to keep that in mind and just try to do small little things all day long....like if I am waiting for the microwave I might do toe raises or something simple for 30 seconds.

Ramra- Awesome loss! I know what you mean about being glad to know your scale is accurate. I really need to get an official weigh in so I know about mine, the last time I checked a little over a year ago mine was 1.4 heavy so I am still subtracting that amount.

globetrotter74
06-02-2012, 07:50 AM
gapeach Im a scale addict myself but what has helped me to stop weighing so much was when I took my measurements and got into a pair of skinny jeans and they were literally hanging off me.. so I now know that the number on the scale shouldn't be the only measurement of my success.. by the way that female sounds terrible and I never understood why people try and make other people feel bad so they can feel good..

Ramra congrats on the weight loss.. you are closing in on your goal..have you thought about your maintenance.. I'm switching over the the GI Diet and this is why I choose to lose 5 pounds more to accomdate for the change in diet..

Step it is TOM, that happens to me like that as well, probably in the next day or 2 the scale will go down like 3 pounds..

welcome ultra and slimmer this forum is great and so supportive.. It definitely has helped me in my weight loss journey

Serenity100
06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Happy Saturday Peeps!
:wave: Hi to all the new friendly faces!
I have another wedding today, this time it is out of town, so not only do I have the wedding tonight, but the brunch tomorrow morning. But I know I can handle it. Gotta get ready, so no time for my usual novels. . . .

Down another 1 lb.:carrot:, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull it off. I ate way too many almonds the other day. I sort of reverted to past behaviors due to stress of things out of my control. After all these years I finally know why I have binge eating. . .duh! The good news is that I was able to apply the brakes, and I know never to eat almonds again. There is nothing "good" to binge on in the house, so for now, I'm safe.

I read a great article about Bob Harper's new book, which to me seems like a rip-off of Dr. A, in Costco Magazine. Will post more when I get back Sun evening.

ttfn xxoo

Slimmer Down Now
06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Happy weekend everyone! I hope you're all doing well!
I went to happy hour last night, and though I know we're not supposed to have alcohol, I did indulge in a few drinks... but they were no carb! vodka and unsweet iced tea. Everyone ordered fries, chips, etc... I had crabdip with celery... I think I did pretty good :) I'm down on the scale so I dont think I caused much harm.. need to see if I'm still in ketosis though...

I weighed this morning (though I REALLY want to only weigh once a week), and I'm down 6lbs after 3 days! .. Don't want to jinx it.. I should have waited til my 1 wk mark because I may not lose anymore because this is all surely water weight... but ****, I'm happy!

StephanieM
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
A new low today! 174.4! Whoohoo!

This has definitely put me in a good mood :) Next weekend my husband and I are going to pick up a few clothes for summer, and he needs some work boots. I'm starting to feel good in my skin again, even though I'm still 28 lbs from the lowest weight I've ever been. That's when I felt my best.

Not cheating is paying off, I've learned I can't take a day/week off without setting myself back for a week or even weeks. I was able to have a bite of an ice cream sandwhich (just one bite!) and stilll keep up my losses. Definitely not making this a regular thing but nice to know I can stop when I need to.

Ramra
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Gapeach:
Lol, it's funny how we can now LOOK FORWARD to seeing our time of month. I developed a distrust of scales ever since I went to the doctors one time and discovered I was 10 lbs HEAVIER than I thought I was. That, along with discovering my hamster had died that morning, triggered a major binge.

Globetrotter: Once I hit goal I'm going to lower it another 10-15 lbs, so I've still got a ways to go. I'm just reading about the GI diet now and it sounds like something I might try down the road.

Slimmerdown: You're managing to make great choices, even at the bar! It's definitely reflecting on the scale. If it were me I'd have eaten everything in sight (Ramra+alcohol=MASS FOOD CONSUMPTION).

Congrats on your new low, Stephanie!

AnaBee
06-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, starting again for me! I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday, man,that drink is super sweet. But now I can go back on low carb, woot!

Totally agree about not having even a tiny cheat. I've been derailed a month because of one night in April that I took as a license to eat whatever I wanted afterwards just because the cravings said so. Even when I went back to lower carb, I wasn't losing weight, I have to go back to induction carbs to kick start again. It's not worth it!

You did great SDN. Lol at "(Ramra+alcohol=MASS FOOD CONSUMPTION)" because that is me :-) Luckily I don't drink much these days (between work and study, I have no time for a life. After all, it's 6am now and I have a study meeting with another early rising friend for our exam in 10 days)

globetrotter74
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
:carrot: congrats Steph on the new low.. I agree cheating can throw you back a few days or like you said weeks but at least now you have control over it..

Serenity have fun at the wedding and you probably won't be phased by the food. I'm like that now.. living in the land of carbs and cakes and where food is the main social gathering it doesn't bother me at all..

Ana I agree having to go back in induction to kick start things doesn't sound fun at all.. but at least you have more will power now...

gapeach when I'm at my goal I'm going to switch ot the GI diet and maybe maybe lose an additional 5 more pounds but I like the way my body is looking now and my clothes are hanging off me now so I'm not sure. it's amazing how your body changes shape etc.. I have a normal BMI level and feel good and don't want to get too skinny I like my curves but I would never be tall and model thin anyway and most of those women starve themselves to look like a charms lollipop - stick body and big head.. not attractive at all.. I love the women back during rita haywood times curvy and real women and more natural looking..

everyone seems so motivated :) let keep on going

StephanieM
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
globe, I bet you see a huge difference now! Last time I did this (before I got pregnant) I was 194 and it wasn't until I got into the 160's that people started noticing. Then after that every 10 lbs down people were commenting constantly, by the time I was 146 lbs people were always saying 'Holy Crap! How did you do it?!'. The smaller you get the more that pound lost shows, and since you were already fairly small it must be a huge difference!

I'm at the point in my weight loss where my husband is starting to notice, but mostly I'm just less lumpy and clothes that fit before are now just fitting better and looking a lot nicer on me. After this part is the fun part where I start dropping sizes!

ultrapeaches
06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Stephanie, I know exactly what you mean. People are suddenly like, "Whoa, you've lost weight!" And I'm like, "Yup. About 40lbs." And to them, it's like I lost it all in a week because they've just noticed, so they're very impressed.

My son's first birthday party is tomorrow, and I had to buy something purple to wear to it, and ended up with a size medium dress from target. Maybe silly, but it made me feel good. I made some cupcakes for the party and really had no idea how to make frosting for them without tasting it, so I put some in my mouth and spit it out like 3 times during the process - I can't have actually consumed that much sugar though, right?

I had lost 2.5 lbs this week when I weighed myself on Friday, so that's pretty great.

Brooklynn
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Well I am ready to join I think my goal will be 10lbs by then I think that is a realistic goal but I am hoping that I can do more by then. Anyway good luck to you all!

StephanieM
06-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Another low! 173.6 today :) Which means I'm going to have a slow down soon, haha.

Still, I feel awesome, I feel so much better in my own skin!

gapeach
06-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Happy Sunday everyone!

Steph, woohoo on the scales continuing to go down!

Welcome Brook!

Great week Ultra!

Ana, good to hear your test is over...though I have to say drinking a sugary drink might have been nice-lol

Globe, you sound like me, I sure wish the days of curvy women would come back in! I can be underweight and still have hips! Haha

So I think I may have figured out the scales, I seem to have a drop, then followed by about 4 days of up and down, then another drop...repeat. I should be due for a drop soon-lol. The last week....147.2, 145.0, 145.6, 145.0, 145.4....So I am ready for the drop again! I plan on measuring tonight and then official weigh in on Wednesday which will be 3 weeks since starting, so far I am still at 6lbs total, would love to see a drop by then!

Slimmer Down Now
06-03-2012, 09:43 PM
So I have always been one not to weigh myself everyday because it can make people very neurotic and it can discourage (though for some motivate) if there is a gain.. and so usually I weigh myself once a week. But.. I've been weighing everyday since I started Wed. because I keep losing.... and I'm down even more EVERYDAY! I love it. I know it won't last forever, but it's great motivation and I have told myself that when I hit a time in which I gain (which I know is probably just water shift)... then I will go back to once a week... that being said.. I'm down 7.5!! :)

I'm super stressed and packing because I have a bunch of stuff going on with me right now... but somehow I have been completely DILIGENT this time around and committed to focus on myself and my health.

Way to go Stephanie!! ENjoy your moments when they come!!

Ultra I totally know what you mean!! The more you have to lose, the more it takes to be noticable... I look forward to those moments :)

Ana - good luck on your exam! What're you going to school to do?

Hope you all have a nice Sunday evening... back to work tomorrow for me..booo

gapeach
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
So I measured, last week it was the same but this week I had losses....so for 2 weeks in I am down nothing on calves, -1 1/4 right thigh, 3/4 right thigh, 1 1/4 hips, nothing stomach, 3/4 waist, and 1/4 in one arm (nothing in the other).

Official weigh in will be Wednesday, fingers crossed!

Slimmer great losses!!!

aud
06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Hi 4th of July'ers!:hug:

I stayed the same weight basically on the Mem Day Challenge, so gonna do Induction this entire challenge. Liking the idea of a "kick-start." At this weight, 20lbs on Induction shouldn't be a big deal in 4 weeks 3 days.:dizzy: Water water water is my other goal. Exercise is now a habit, so will just keep going with the weights and bike rides . . . plus even at the same weight I DID lose inches Easter thru Memorial Day>>>>2 and 1/2 in the breast/back area and a solid 1" off my waist. (In other weight lifting news, I gained a 1/2" on my upper arm:D . . . my hips determinedly stayed the same!:mad:)

Soooo besides the 20# and H20, I'm also determined to come here daily. It's so motivating to see old friends and meet nu low-carbers. The tips, support, good wishes and even (especially?) the struggles make this journey all the more worth having!:carrot:

(I hope things have gotten better for sizzle and her Mom--septic is so worrisome.:( This happened to my oldest brother in his mid-fifties, they never did find out how/why it happened, but did start with a pneumonia bout. Prayers going out to you and yours tonight.)

aud
06-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Oooops ETA: 1/2" off upper leg.:carrot:

AnaBee
06-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Hey aud! Great to see you. Yay you with the inches lost!

Ramra
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Welcome Brooklynn! I couldn't help but notice we've got A LOT of mommas on this thread. :)

I couldn't resist weighing myself this morning, and it read 149. But I had a few shots last night, so I know it's just water weight that's going to creep back on. We didn't have any sugar-free pop for chase, so I drank milk instead and my carb intake went up to 45. Disappointing.

carvinmom
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
count me in,,, i didnt do very good on the memorial day challenge, kick me!!! So im starting over ,, just behaving and watching my carbs. Been doing yard work for exercise, with two new knees. My summer goal is to ride my bike again@@.
Just a quick question... do any of you have trouble with excessive sweating?? could it be pills i take or low sugar. Its very bothersome, cant do anything with out dripping sweat in my eyes etc. Any help would be appreciated.
good luck everyone and lets hear more of your special tips for losing...
love this group ..its a life saver when your far from support.
thank you for this community !!!::)

AnaBee
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
TOM for me, so I won't weigh until next week. I've been trying intermittent fasting because breakfast messes me up, I've decided I'm not at all keen on eggs and while I sometimes make myself burger patties and salad or something like that, I don't enjoy them if I do that all the time. I keep reading about IF over on Mark's Daily Apple and the benefits sound great. I'm doing approx a 16/8 thing where I eat with a 8 hour window (basically lunch and dinner) and not after that. It worked great yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Of course, it's not Atkins approved but IF fits really well into low carb according to everything else I've read.

SDN, I work full time but I'm studying early childhood education. Maybe one day in a hundred years when I've finished I'll be a preschool teacher :)

carvinmom, I go extremely bright red when I exercise and I do sweat a lot. When I've had a trainer, they've said it was perfectly normal. One thing that has gone away eating low carb is waking up with night sweats. When I binge ate carbs I'd often wake in the middle of the night sweating like I had a terrible fever or had run a marathon, it was horrible.

gapeach
06-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Very frustrated and trying to stay focused. Wed. will be 3 weeks and right now I am bouncing between 5-6 total loss. That doesn't seem right at all and I am really frustrated. I choose to do atkins because in the past I was able to drop weight fairly quickly but now not so much. I did ww 5 years ago and did very well, lost 46lbs in 5 months but I really didn't want to take that much time this time....but truthfully I enjoy eating that way more than this. I am going to hang in until Wed. and see what happens and will decide what to do then. Give me the strength not to break my diet before then!....now going for a big glass of water and a workout!

Brooklynn
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Gapeach, In the past were you heavier when you started? The more weight you have to lose the easier it is to get off. But you have to feel good with what you are doing and if you are not happy with how things are going maybe it is time for a change? How are your measurements? Thats the other thing is muscle may be forming and changing your body shape but not changing your weight. Keep your head up hun doing something is always better than doing nothing!

Ramra
06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Gapeach, I'm in the same boat as you. You're not alone. :)

globetrotter74
06-04-2012, 10:06 PM
gapeach I agree with Brooklynn if you aren't happy with the diet and if you think it isnt for you then go back to ww, atkins isn't for everyone and if you aren't completely satisfied with it then maybe it is better..

I will say I looked back over my calendar and it took me 1 month to lose 6 pounds and I realize the closer I am to my goal the slower it will be.. good luck in whatever you decided and as brooklyn said keep your head up.. I've been in your shoes as well to have lost only 5 pounds after I worked my butt off.. but slow and steady is a good thing..

AnaBee
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Do you feel less hungry on atkins or WW? I can't do WW because it makes me starving hungry, I just cannot eat many carbs. It's good experience finding something that works for you.

globetrotter74
06-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Do you feel less hungry on atkins or WW? I can't do WW because it makes me starving hungry, I just cannot eat many carbs. It's good experience finding something that works for you.

Wow Ana ww makes you starving hungry? that goes to show you that one plan maybe good for someone but bad for another

Sarinka
06-05-2012, 04:20 AM
I am in! My goal is 10 lbs! I am on Ideal Protein diet, and last week cheated for the first time, so I am technically starting week 1 right now. Good luck all!!!

AnaBee
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Wow Ana ww makes you starving hungry? that goes to show you that one plan maybe good for someone but bad for another

Yeah :( It used to make me feel like the world's biggest failure because ww is so respected as a diet and is based on the all the government recommendations (low fat, pretty high carb) and I just couldn't do it, I'd eat my own arms off I was so hungry. I kept trying though, I've re-joined ww a dozen times. I have insulin resistance (diagnosed, not just speculating) and if I follow guidelines that suggest things like a serve of high fibre cereal, milk and some fruit for breakfast, a chicken and salad sandwich for lunch, air popped popcorn for a snack and maybe dinner of pasta with tomato based sauce and veges I'd be climbing the walls hungry where as I'd be peckish but less out of control hungry if I ate say, only a lamb chop for the entire day. Carbs and me = bad.

gapeach
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys for the support, I really appreciate it! I think I am going to keep going for now and see what happens. I am pretty much in the grove of eating this way now so I am going to go at least another week and see. I do think Brooklyn made a really good point about my starting weight before versus now. In the past I have been a lot heavier and even though I feel like I am now, I am really in the last 10-15 lb's that take a lot longer to lose....I just kind of forgot that part!-lol I know when I lost the 46lbs the fell off at the beginning but probably around the mid 140's it slowed down to at the most 2lbs and usually more like 1lb a week. So I will be patient, keep working out, drinking my water, and counting my carbs. The one thing I am going to make more of an effort is to get more veggies in each day as some days I have maybe had one serving at most. So anyway, yall are stuck with me for now: ).

Thanks again, I think I just needed to whine somewhere last night-lol!

Cyoungms
06-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Starting 2ma. First day of program. Hope to loose 25lbs by July.... I think I can do this!

StephanieM
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Hey guys! Yesterday I was 174.8 and today I'm at 174.4. By now you probably have guessed that, yes, I was eating at the in laws on Sunday. I did pretty well, but probably went over my carbs in veggies. I'm used to the bloat I get after eating there though and I'm not too worried. 174 was a new thing last week so it doesn't feel bad being back there, but seeing 173 sure was a treat ;)

globetrotter74
06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
gapeach you know I feel your pain.. you at the last 10-15 lbs to lose and those are the hardest and take the longest to lose. I'm in the stage myself and have only 6 pounds to lose to make my goal and I can tell you it has been very slow..people have told me those last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose.. so hang in there we both are in the same boat :hug: try on some clothes that you couldnt wear or that was tight at some point, that is what I do to make me feel good and know that even if the scale is moving like a turtle I have lost inches :D

Ana ww definitely isn't for you and I'm glad you have found a plan that works. you are right a lot of people resepct ww and I've known people who has lost a lot of weight off the program..

Steph you loss .4 pounds and a loss is a loss.. you'll see 173 again soon for sure probably by the end of the week ;)

everyone is doing a good job.. keep going everyone.. I'm so close to my goal I can taste it

Ramra
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome Verunka and Cyoungms!

Later today I'm scheduled to finally have my gallbladder removal surgery. I'm so nervous! It's the first surgery I'll ever have. I'm also worried about how my body will cope without my gallbladder. Some people have difficulty digesting fat once it's gone. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes! :)

globetrotter74
06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Good Luck Ramra and I hope you have a fast and good recovery :hug:

Kierra
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm in a little late but I want to see 275 by July 4. I was at 285 on memorial day and am at 282 now.

sizzlingina
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey y'all! My mom was released from the hospital yesterday. Everything is OK with her for now. Really never got a straight answer as to what caused the sepsis shock.. first they said pneumonia, then no pneumonia. MAYBE a horrific sinus infection.

Anyhow.. I've gained a couple of pounds :-(
I'm almost positive its mostly water weight so hopefully it doesn't hang around. Still keeping my goal to be 217 by the 4th!

I woke up starving today. I'm NEVER hungry in the morning and if I eat breakfast I feel so gross all day. Carbs really suck!!!

globetrotter74
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi Sizz, glad to hear that your mom was released from the hospital :hug:

If you know you didnt go on a full out binge and ate over 3500 per day then it probably is water..the scale will move again :D hang in there

AnaBee
06-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Sizz, great news about your mum!

Ramra, good luck with your surgery! We'll be thinking of you. i'm wishing you a speedy recovery :-)

Welcome new peeps! *waves*

Steph, that 173 is sooooo exciting. My lowest weight in ages was 174 last November but haven't gotten back to it again since (and totally went in the wrong direction, ha). Getting into the 160s will feel amazing!

globetrotter74
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Ana you will get there.. if I can be 5 pounds to my weight goal than anyone can be.. it has been tear, sweat, a bit of a cheat in between but I pulled myself together and almost there.. it has been slow process but hey I'm almost there..

StephanieM
06-06-2012, 07:21 PM
174.4 today, I was a little high on carbs yesterday because we had carrots with dinner, still fine though :) History shows me jumping up then slowly moving back down and sometimes halting after having a drop.

One reason I like weighing everyday, I better understand my weight fluctuations.

Slimmer Down Now
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey all,

I am now 1 week in on induction and I lost 8.5 lbs! :carrot: I hope week 2 brings good results as well.. this week will be VERY stressful for me though with a move and a job interview, etc... I hope hope hope to just focus on this moreso than stress.

Sizz, glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital! You must be relieved.

Ana - nice, good luck!! You have a have a degree to teach preschool?

Gapeach - way to hang in there!

Hi to the latest joiners!

globetrotter74
06-07-2012, 02:40 AM
One reason I like weighing everyday, I better understand my weight fluctuations.

Sound like a true scale addict :lol: join the club Step :lol: this is what I tell myself as well :lol:

Ramra
06-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Sizzlingina, I'm so glad to hear that your mother is doing better. You and Globetrotter have the right idea, it's more than likely just water weight that you're carrying. There's no shame in not eating perfectly on plan anyway. It's so easy to make our own health less of a priority when a loved one is having a medical crisis.

Thanks for the support, Globe, Ana. I was pretty much horrified up until the point they knocked me out, but everything went smoothly after that. They only made 4 small incisions, 3 of which went straight to my gallbladder. Now I just have to rest. This morning I ate some cheese and I haven't had any digestive issues, so it's lookin' good! http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/tamramariesmith/Snapshot_20120607.jpg

Slimmer, good luck with your job interview! You've lost a ton of weight in just 1 week! That should give you some new found confidence during your interview. You're gonna rock it. :D

globetrotter74
06-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Ramra :hug: glad to see that you are on your way to a great recovery.. I can imagine being scared etc.. I cringe when I have to go to the dentist or those yearly female exams... take it easy and take care of yourself

slimmer wow congrats on the weight loss I'm doing the :carrot: with you.. way to go..

StephanieM
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Ramra, glad your surgery went well! Slimmer, nice loss! Globe, I'm the good kind of scale addict ;)

Ugh, so I hurt my neck and back yesterday, don't ask me how. I was sitting on the couch, moved and I was in pain all over. I'm even worse today, I cried this morning. I have some muscle relaxers from when I sprained my back in the past, and some T3's they gave me when I was in labour (what a joke, they sent me home at 4cm with T3's and they did nothing). I feel a little loopy and they make me nauseated but it's the only way I can function because I'm in so much pain. I ate some toast this morning to help with the nausea. Oddly enough my husband hurt his back at work yesterday so we were too very gibbled parents. For him it was his lower back and me it's upper.

174.6 today. I'll probably stall as I heal, and I'm sure the toast won't help but I needed something heavy in my stomach.

globetrotter74
06-07-2012, 01:23 PM
hmm what's a good scale addict Step :lol: I believe you are a good one ;)

sorry to hear about your upper back... it sounds painfully.. take care of yourself :hug:

gapeach
06-07-2012, 01:39 PM
So after a lot of thought I have decided to mix things up and am going to go on a calorie counting type diet. I am going to keep in mind though that high carbs are NOT good for me. Anyway, I think it's best that I try something new....I can always come back right?lol I hope you all have a great month...and I hope you don't mind me still dropping by occasionally!

THanks for all the support you all gave me!!

globetrotter74
06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
gapeach please stay in the group you don't have to leave because you aren't doing atkins.. I'm doing more of the GI Diet than atkins myself... You have to do what is best for you and if that works for you then I'm happy for ya..atkins isn't the best diet in the world but I've met some who thinks that t is and honestly I stay away from them they are way too fanatics for me :lol: not one diet is the best in the world

Ramra
06-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the support guys. <3

Stephanie, that really sucks! I guess all you can do is get as much rest as you can, which I would imagine is difficult with a little one around. Maybe a warm bath would soothe your muscles?

Gapeach, stay a while! I'm a calorie counter too. I tend to overindulge on Atkins so I count my carbs and calories together. I stick with the basic principles of Atkins and try to consume a fair bit of fat and veggetables, but I like to keep my calories around 1300 a day.

aud
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Such good news Sizz!:carrot:

Haven't had time to pop in or catch up was glad to see that good news here at the top . . . I'm doing great on my resolutions . . . all except checkin' here:dizzy:

Dropped the bloat . . .feeling great on Induction . . .ready for the whoosh!:cool:

TGITH!lol

Catch up soon - keep rockin' all!:D

gapeach
06-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys! I know I was a part of another board with WW and anytime someone wasn't on the exact plan they were attacked...glad it's not like that here!

Ramra- I had my gallbladder out about 4 yrs ago....took me a few weeks to heal but I have to say I think it helped stablize my weight (so thats something to look forward too!) haha

Sizz- so happy to hear your mom is doing better!

Steph- hope you feel better soon..and your husband too!

Slimmer- Awesome job your first week!

Slimmer Down Now
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Wheeeeew... another day down, just grilled some fish and made a cucumber salad (was good... with onions, vinegar, and mayo). I am feeling really bloated though... any tips?

Ram - hope you're feeling better soon!

Steph - I have chronic back pain, and I totally understand how bad it can be.. to the point you can't even walk. I go to a chiropractor and it helps A LOT.. be sure to find a good one if you're interested in going, there are certainly bad ones out there. Try taking an epsom salt bath - that helps too... put at least 2 cups in there!

Gapeach, Globe is right.. all here to support each other, so stick around and share your successes and frustrations!! :)

StephanieM
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Globe, I'm the good kind because I can handle seeing my weight daily and use it to my advantage ;) Some people just can't look at their weight daily and don't want to know until the end of the week. The way I see it, I wouldn't know about these new lows if I just weighed once a week.

Ramra, luckily for me she's teething and wanting to cuddle and sleep more lately. I had like three naps today with her haha.

Gapeach, I calorie count and carb count because with Atkins I find I can either go way too high or way too low with calories. Why not try both for awhile and see how you are doing?

Aud, sounds like you are doing awesome!

SDN, I love having a bath with epsom salts but I just ran out! I took them after giving birth to help with healing.

mkmorford
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
i'm pretty excited for this.. i'll shoot for 15 pounds

ultrapeaches
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
164lbs today! Hooray.

globetrotter74
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
congrats ultra :carrot:

gapeach glad you are going to stick around.. I have no idea why someone would be upset that you aren't doing their diet and posting there :rolleyes: it defeats the purpose of the forum to support each other. Maybe if someone was posting how great a diet is and trying to convince them to change etc. but jeez some people are just up tight.. like I said there is no best diet in the world. people have to choose a plan that it right for them whether its, atkins, ww or whatever..

Step good point about not knowing the low points if you didn't weight everyday..

everyone is doing good and Ramra hope you are feeling and getting better

TempleBody
06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Hey everybody! Can I join you guys? I'm in induction (day 7!) and the scale already dropped 10lbs (Water weight?) so I'm not sure what is a reasonable goal for the rest of the month. I'd say my goal is to lose another 10lbs, but I'll be happy with only 5 considering I've already dropped 10lbs.

gapeach
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Temple, welcome, great losses!

Steph- I like to weigh daily too because I want to know how certain foods affect me. For instance I know from the scales that even if the calories are low mexican food does NOT sit well with me. I am guessing sodium...also most soups do the same thing for me!

Globe I agree on the uptight thing...I am pretty laidback go with the flow kind of person. Plus the idea is to get healthy right?lol

Utra- yay!

Welcome MK, you can do it!

So I spent the last week bouncing from 145-146...this week apparently I am supposed to bounce between 144-145...ha! I actually think I didn't eat enough yesterday because my calories were at 1093, I did aerobics for about 40 minutes and I gained .4....its really not possible so I am thinking not enough, shooting for 1200-1300 calories today and see what happens. I just gotta find my sweet spot...when I get there I am not leaving-lol. Oh btw, I decided not to really count carbs but no complex carbs for me....I think thats the plan for now!

globetrotter74
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome Temple..

gapeach I swear I stayed at 143 for like 1 month 1/2 before scale finally moved.. I think you probably retain a lot of water. I can tell you I weigh more in the mornings than what I weigh in the evenings after exercising and eating go figure I think it has to do with my digestion and definitely sodium..

nahh gapeach I'm a very laidback person as well and just don't get uptight people..

gapeach
06-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Well that was fun, decided I wanted a 110 calorie iced coffee...walked there, drank it and walked back. About 2 miles total round trip. Hope I worked off my treat-lol, but either way I was going to have the coffee! I don't know why but I have a feeling I am going to have a drop tomorrow, sure hope so!

Globe if I am stuck here for a month I will lose my mind! Ha I might even opt for lypo just to get some lbs off (kidding) (kindasorta)

globetrotter74
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
:lol: @gapeach the scale will move eventually it may drive you crazy but it will go down and when it went down for me I had a small whoosh.. for me trying on clothes that were too tight made me realized that I was going in the right direction not to mention how my body has changed..

nice work out walking to get ice coffee and walking back.. I hope the scale moves for you tomorrow

StephanieM
06-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Yesterday I was bad, with my back hurting and the fact that I was starting to get sick I really couldn't cook or anything. I gave in and had my husband get me sushi for dinner. I'm up to 176.4 so I know it's water weight from the soy sauce and the bit of rice and the toast I had for breakfast.

My back is feeling better today but still sore, but I am eating on plan. Hopefully this will help drop me down from where I was getting stuck as it has done in the past.

Congrats on those that lost, welcome to those that are new!

Serenity100
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey everybody. :wave: I have been crazy busy this week, haven't had much time to post or read. Welcome to all the new losers. I agree this is a great board, and a very laid back board too. We are all doing Atkins sorta kinda. The most important thing to remember is think of your eating as a way of life, not a diet. If you don't think you will be able to limit your carbs significantly after you lose the weight, then another plan might be better for you.

Hopefully, I will have good news to report after my WI tomorrow a.m.

If the scale is not moving, watch your cheese, nuts and salt. Those always throw a whammy into my losing.

xxoo

gapeach
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
40 minutes of step aerobics in addition to my 2 mile walk today, if I can't diet it off I'm going to sweat it off...and I hate exercise-lol. BUT I will not be beat, this weight is coming off one way or another!

Serenity100
06-09-2012, 08:18 AM
:broc: Yay another lb down! That was with a wedding with lots of vodka, going out to lunch, and an end term party where I drank two real Cosmos. The Cosmos were the only thing that I ate that was off plan. I basically stay away from bread/ pasta/ potatoes and sugar.

I am so glad I had that loss, because I proved to myself that I could "have a life" and still lose.

Peach, I hate to exercise too. But I'm working on it.:bike2:

ttfn xxoo

Ramra
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Steph, it's funny that your "binge-food" is still considered very healthy! Most people would rather go for McDonald's. You're definitely not going to gain weight form this, at worst you'll be stalled a day or however long it takes to get into ketosis. I'm sure your body will appreciate the little break anyway.

Gapeach, thanks! I can't wait to see what I can do once I'm healed.

And way to go Serenity! :)

I've come to complain. :P With surgery I can't really go out and do much, so I've been laying around most of the day. The meds I'm taking constipate me, which adds to the belly bloat I have from swelling.

I bought a couple loose-fitted dresses to make myself feel better, and they look frumpy with my boob-shrinking sports bras and my belly wanting to stick out a mile.

I'm curious what I weight, but even though I'm on plan I feel like I weight a billion pounds.

losingweightforgood2
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
sounds like a good group to join,

sw 188
cw 179
gw 170
fgw 130

globetrotter74
06-10-2012, 04:33 PM
aww Ramra remember you just had surgery so take it easy.. once you start to recover the belly bloat will go away.. what's important is that you get better first :hug:

Steph I agree with Ramra at least it was sushi and not a box of doughnuts rsomething like that.. I found it hard to stay on plan when I was sick as I had strep throat and all I could eat was soup or yogurt and definitely not meat or anything.. I stalled but after a few days the scale went down like 3 pounds so hang in there and get better..

Serenity congrats on the weight loss :carrot: I agree that once you have reached your goal and if you feel atkins isn't a lifetime diet for you because it wasn't for me not a full atkins then I would suggest to lose 5 pounds below your goal weight and switch to a plan that will work for you. I'm transitioning to GI Diet and I still watch my carbs and calories and I've stalled but after a few days the scale did move.. so I'm proof that you can switch over..

welcome losingweight

AnaBee
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey all, just checking in. I'm home studying and it's coooold! I had a big pity party for myself the other day about this woe but now I'm all good :) I have no idea what I weigh, that would require taking off way too many clothes and it's too cold, lol. The second I get out of the show I'm rugged up again.

Where's Rho? I haven't seen her in ages.

gapeach
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Weekend drive by-lol

On plan, but I had mexican tonight (within my allotment of calories) BUT I know from the past I am usually up the next day due to sodium so I have to keep telling myself I will not panick tomorrow when I weigh-lol. I am going to workout tonight to hopefully lesson that and am drinking extra water tonight!

Ana, where are you that it is so cold? It's rainy here and kinda yucky but still upper 70's (atlanta never really gets cold-lol)

Ramra- seriously take it easy while you recover, if all you do is maintain (or not gain a lot) don't stress, you will be able to get back to things quickly but only if you allow yourself to heal first! Honestly, it took me several weeks before I could do any exercise...just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and don't stress!

Serenity- good loss!

Serenity100
06-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Guys! Can't believe another weekend has gone by. I still haven't gotten to Costco to buy the Bob Harper book, but I wanted to write one piece of the article here. Like I said his skinny rules seem very similar to Dr. A., or there is a new Dr. on PBS with another name Sugar something or other. . .very similar to what we all are doing.

So this is what I like what Bob said in the Costco Connection article. (I'll try to paraphrase a bit)
<<<<<Q: What about when you hit that wall?
Bob: "I think people lose motivation. They might see the number on the scale not change and think "What's the point? I've been working so hard. Last week, I lost this, and this week I lost nothing". When you get pushed to the edge like that that is where your real strength has to come in.>>>>

So, let's make a pact that we are not going to lose motivation just because the scale is not our friend. We know when we are on plan and when we eat a box of cookies.:dizzy: Either way, we can't give up.
Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

Rocki
06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I guess I've been lurking and never posted. I've been reading and thought I posted last week. I'm starting induction tomorrow and my end goal is about 47 lbs, but realistic will be happy goal is 27 lbs. :) I'm turning 40 this summer and going to NYC and really want to be in the 130s by the time we go. I know that's pushing it as I'm at 162 right now, but I think with this plan and a lot of will power I can do it. I'm inspired by all the great perseverance I'm seeing here!

gapeach
06-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Serenity, thank you I needed to hear that!

Welcome Rocki!

AnaBee
06-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Welcome Rocki! Your kids are so cute.

Ramra, I didn't say before, but I am glad you are doing well after your surgery. The bloat etc will go away soon, you take care of yourself now :)

Peach, I'm in Sydney :) It's winter here and while we don't get winters that are cold by northern hemisphere standards, we also don't have central heating. The 57F and pouring rain outside translates to 63 in my apartment and that's with a heater in the living room (I'm keeping the doors to my bedroom and the bathroom closed, it'll be way colder in there. I also wouldn't stand on my kitchen floor without socks on unless you paid me quite a bit :)). Brrrrr! It'd be ok if I were out and about but I've been sitting on my butt all weekend studying.

globetrotter74
06-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Welcome Rocki and your kids are cute :) when are going to NYC in which month? I know I lost the most weight in my 1st week of induction then it start to slow down.. so maybe in your first week you'll have a 6 or 7 pound loss then it will start to slow down but a loss is a loss and nothing wrong with aiming for 130s may reach that goal by the time you go to NYC

Ana wow it sounds cold.. I said I will get to sydney one day .. my name says it all I've travelled all over the world but not as far as Sydney because I would like to stay for 1 month when I get there but I will get there..

Serenity congrats on the weight loss and thanks for that quote, sometimes we need to hear things like that.. Also for everyone out there try on clothes that couldn't fit for me to see my clothes hanging off me I was dancing like this :carrot: being a scale addict I will admit it has helped me.. I don't weigh everyday like I used to but every other day and have went 2 days without weighing for me that is good..

gapeach lol don't have a panic attack. you sound like me I retain a lot of water and I mean a lot.. so if you see a 2 pound gain it definitely is water..

everdeen
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome Rocki!

The scale thing is driving me a bit crackers. It goes up and down by half a lb or more sometimes and I can't trust it anymore. What I do to see if I'm losing weight now is run my hands down my sides and if the curvy bits feel less curvy, I know I'm doing right LOL.

Rocki
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you everybody..Had an egg and sausages and echinacea tea for breakfast (my throat is killing me). Getting ready to plug into myfitness pal. Do you all use that? If so, is there a way to make it know you're doing Atkins? LOL..

AnaBee and Globe..thanks for the comments on my girls.. This is an old pic (from when I got to the 120s before), and they were 1.5 & 5.5. They are 5 & 9 now :)..

Globe..I'm going to NYC in exactly 2 months (well, exactly from yesterday). August 10 we are leaving. Staying for a week.

I can't catch up on everything going on but I see Ramra had surgery, so I hope recovery goes well!

Anabee..63 inside would be cold to me too! Our house is at 80 and while it feels warm at times, it's mostly comfortable between 77 & 80. I can't handle the cold. Born and raised in Florida. I have a penpal who I've been writing to for 30 years who lives in Wahroonga. She works at Royal North Shore Hospital as a nurse.

PS..When in induction do you all stay within a calorie range, or do you just make sure you're only eating foods on the induction list? I want to do a strict 2 week induction and want to do it right.

globetrotter74
06-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Rocki I don't use fitnesspal but it sounds like a good thing to have. I write down things in my food journal and keep track of my carbs and calories there.. when I started induction I focused more on counting carbs than the calories but I keep an eye on them as well.

I lost 6 pounds the first week then 1 pound the following week so around 7 pounds for the month.. I have been losing weight about 6/7 pounds a month so steady and slow..I will say I didn't exerices as much in the beginning as I do now.. I'm now switching over to the GI Diet and preparing for a little water gain due to adding back some carbs but so far very good no gain at all but just a stall so I'm maintaining which is good but I have 4 pounds to go to goal and I'm going to get there..

Good luck and in 2 months you could lose 20 pounds.. it depends on your body maybe you lose weight quick and everybody is different :D

AnaBee
06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Globe, i hope you make it out here some day and when you do you'll have to let me know :)

Rocki, so funny about your friend, Royal North Shore is the nearest hospital to me and I may well have seen her there.

Atkins says not to count calories, but that calories do count. I think on induction it's good to eat whenever you are hungry, even if the amount of calories kind of freaks you out. It's a big change likely from people's regular way of eating and he wants them to lose the mindset of weightloss requiring hunger. And in induction the loss is mostly the big water loss you get by lowering your carbs so much. Ongoing though, lots of people do find they have to keep an eye on calories. But at the same time, it's much easier because eating so low carb makes you less hungry. I am planning on keeping a much closer eye on my calories this time round.

Serenity100
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome Rocki! You have joined a great group. If you need any tips on your upcoming NYC trip pm me. I am a NYC born and bred girl.

Dr. A said no need to count calories, but if you read the book closely, certain foods are limited. Cheese is limited to 4 ozs a day, and meat is limited to not more than a 6 oz portion per meal for women. I think butter and cream is limited also. So what else is left to eat? lol

Rocki
06-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have a menu they'd like to share? Like what's a normal day for you?

Today I had egg and sausage for breakfast, then salad w/a little cheese and for snack I had some smoked salmon and cream cheese. I know I need to lay off the cheese because I'll go overboard.

Anything special you all snack on??

gapeach
06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Ugg hate it when I lose a long post, sorry for the condensed version....

for those that lost- way to go! For those who didn't- keep working! yadda yadda yadda-lol

Actually was slightly down today, but only to my previous low so it doesn't really count as a loss. I did measure last night and I have lost a total of 1/2 inch in each arm, happy about that. Even when I am at my goal weight my arms still bother me so I am focusing more on them this time around. I am doing some light weights and really trying to lose the grandma like jiggly wave-lol.

Tomorrow is the meeting I was dreading, even though I am not where I wanted to be, I have made some progress so I feel okay about it. Haha I bought a dress that makes me look skinny at least to wear so I am just gonna wear it and fake it! Eating is great today, but tomorrow will be the challenge. They always bring in the food and it is awesome...including desserts. I plan on eating what I want but just in moderation and using it as a high calorie day to shake things up...not sure if it works but I am going to test the theory tomorrow! haha

Have a great night all...may check in later and try to redo my original post with the sincere personals: )

Rocki
06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Exactly Serenity! :) LOL

I know I have to limit the cheese to 4 oz which is why I said I need to cut back. :) I always over do it b/c I want to add that to foods, or have as a snack. I didn't know that about the meat, but really, I don't think I'll be eating more than 6 oz at once (you never know though)..

What do you suggest for snacks and a good lunch or dinner? I'm having salmon tonight with some butter and dill, and asparagus on the side. I know, I probably need to cut back on the salmon too! Ha! I don't think the book says that, but I think it's probably not good to have too many portions in a week.

Thanks for the NYC tips (or offer of tips). We go quite a lot and love it, but I would really love to get tips from a local on where to go and not to go. We'll be there for a full week this time. I think this will be my longest visit. We're staying at the NY Hilton and will be going all over I'm sure. We have family in Roslyn Heights and will be there for a cookout the first weekend, then we know we'll do China Town/Little Italy twice, maybe the Statue of Liberty and have to see Ground Zero since the fountains are open now. Of course Central Park, and I want to do a bike trip along the Hudson (I read something in a magazine). I want to get some more exercise while we're up there (even though we'll be walk, walk, walking everywhere). LOL

Welcome Rocki! You have joined a great group. If you need any tips on your upcoming NYC trip pm me. I am a NYC born and bred girl.

Dr. A said no need to count calories, but if you read the book closely, certain foods are limited. Cheese is limited to 4 ozs a day, and meat is limited to not more than a 6 oz portion per meal for women. I think butter and cream is limited also. So what else is left to eat? lol

AnaBee
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Rocki, I don't really need to snack muchwhen I'm eating low carb, I stop being hungry between meals. But I sometimes have a couple of almonds, or one of those mini portions of cream cheese (Philly here do them in little snack packs).

The salmon sounds yummo! I can never remember what the warnings are on that (it's because of mercury, right?)

Ugg hate it when I lose a long post, sorry for the condensed version....

for those that lost- way to go! For those who didn't- keep working! yadda yadda yadda-lol

lol peach! Sorry you lost it, so annoying. But your condensed version made me laugh out loud.

Brooklynn
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
My typical menu for a day is

Atkins shake or MIM for breakfast (I have an egg allergy and limited time so I opt for quick egg free, at breakfast)
I have a big salad with lots of fixens for lunch
and at dinner I have one or two servings of a protein and a small serving of a carb friendly veg.
I dont snack during the day with what I eat and all the water I drink I tend to always feel very full. I do sometimes have a SF jello with a bit of whip cream at night if I am really wanting something sweet.

Serenity100
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
I usually have a MIM or omelet for breakfast. And coffee with half and half.

For lunch I usually have a large salad with Boars Head low salt turkey or low salt ham. Since I work outside the home, this is easiest to do.

For dinner I have meat and veggies and a salad.

For dessert I have low carb yogurt and some berries.

Usually I have a snack when I get home to hold me over for dinner, usually celery with cream cheese.

I keep some Atkins shakes on hand when I don't have time to make a salad for lunch or if I need a really good snack.

Slimmer Down Now
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi all.. long time no type! :)

I have so much junk going on right now... everywhere I turn, it seems life wants to challenge me and I'm sooo over it! BUT I have been doing pretty good with my diet (with all the stress AND being almost 2 weeks into induction I'm not hungy... I have to make myself eat to keep my metabolism going... lord knows I don't want to cause any more problems that way.. I am hypothyroid as it is)... Anyhoo.. down another 1.5 lbs... I'll weigh in Wed, which will mark my 2 weeks. :cp: I am determined to stick with this, in some form, forever.

Great losses everyone!! Glad to see you're all doing so well.

As for the salmon, I don't think that's limited so much.. it's Tuna (particularly albacore), shark, swordfish, and a few others that you should limit your intake of due to mercury. So enjoy your salmon!! :)

gapeach
06-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Yesterday I had total calories of 1250, I did 1 hour and 22 minutes of step aerobics at a moderate intensity and I did about 10 minutes of light weight lifting and today I am up 2lbs. I am seriously beyond frustrated!

ultrapeaches
06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Last night I made pesto sauce and put it over shrimp, zucchini and cabbage and it was so freakin' good. For lunch I usually make lettuce wrap sandwiches or get a salad with chicken. I don't really snack unless I grab some cheese from my son's plate.

globetrotter74
06-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Yesterday I had total calories of 1250, I did 1 hour and 22 minutes of step aerobics at a moderate intensity and I did about 10 minutes of light weight lifting and today I am up 2lbs. I am seriously beyond frustrated!

Hey gapeach I understand your frustrations but you could be gaining muscle and remember muscle is heavier than fat.. plus it could be water as well.. just try to keep in the back of your mind that there is no way you have gained weight or let's say fat. You haven't eaten over 3500 and you've worked out. I know it is easier said than done especially when you are working so hard.. being a scale addict I understand but look at the inches you lost as well.. hang in there :hug:

Rocki
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
What do you all do when you're not feeling well? I had half of a one minute muffin, a string cheese, and a bit of homemade applesauce. I know the applesauce isn't induction friendly, but I was feeling really sick and thought it might help settle my stomach. I'm not sure if it's the head cold that's got me all funky, or if it's TOM which just started today. I've had a headache for a full day now and I can't get it to go away. I just don't feel like eating anything.

globetrotter74
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Rocki sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. With TOM I definitely can understand and I know people tend to get what they call the atkins flu.. I remember when I first started atkins I had a headache as well but after 2 days it went away.. the apple sauce definitely isn't induction friendly but if you aren't feeling well you have to take care of yourself first :hug: get better

StephanieM
06-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm back, I was bad. Husband brought his truck in for inspection on Saturday, they found something wrong and we were stranded waiting for it to get fixed. Was not on plan. Then I just kind of gave up for the rest of the weekend since we were at my in laws the whole time.

I gained almost 6 lbs in water weight! Today is day 2 of being back on plan and 2.5 lbs down already so I should be back on track properlly by the end of the week.

gapeach
06-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Maybe figured out my problem... I started thinking why am I having such a difficult time when in the past I was able to drop lbs very quickly...the only thing that is different other than that I have aged 5 yrs since the last time I had to lose weight is that I have had my gallbladder out. Started doing some research and it seems pretty common, I had gained about 15 lbs since the surgery slowly and now it doesn't want to come back off. I am going to schedule an appointment with a Dr. because it is the only thing that makes an sense to me...and now seeing how the gallbladder has to do with processing fats it makes sense that maybe the Atkins way wasn't the right way this time. Hopefully I will get some answers!

ultrapeaches
06-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I've been sooo good at <20 carbs a day for almost 3 months now, but today it's been so hard to keep my hand off my kid's fruit. All I want is sugar. What gives? I'm at cycle day 32 right now, so I should start my period any day now - could that be it?

rho1640
06-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Where's Rho? I haven't seen her in ages.

I'm here just been crazy busy. I posted in the other section in the part 2 the other day .. But didn't want to duplicate it here ;). I'm in a stuck phase but Not stressing about it yet because I had a super month last month and I know that is usually followed by a stuck. Hoping it is followed by a great month though to get me to goal

Hubs hurt his back the other day and today took a tumble off the stoop and is really really sore .. Hoping he is better after agood nights sleep ... Not the best patient going lol

I've been doing fun things like stripping decades of wax from my kitchen floor :p

StephanieM
06-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Ultra, I get like that around TOM, you are probably PMSing. I start dreaming about donuts and chips!

When I started Atkins again on Monday I was 179.6, then yesterday 177 and today 175. I'm pretty much back where I was, happy to be back on track. One thing I realised when I wasn't eating on plan was I felt like crap! I just felt so sluggish and horrible. I don't know why I do that to myself.

gapeach
06-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Steph that is awesome, great loses and great getting back on plan!

Rho- Hope your husband feels better and can totally sympathize with men being bad patients! Haha

Still doing my thing even if the scales don't reflect. Had 1143 calories today and just finished 45 minutes of cardio.

ultrapeaches
06-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Good job Steph! I have a question for you - you lost weight and then became pregnant, right? I am hellbent on starting my next pregnancy not overweight (even though my midwife didn't act like it was a big deal) but I'm afraid that I'll just gain like 70lbs during my pregnancy to make up for starting lower. Like, that my body will work extra hard to get to my previous high weight when I don't restrict my calories - did that happen to you?

globetrotter74
06-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Steph glad you are back on plan.. sound like you gained water and usally that is what it is.. like I said the way the weight is going up and down it can't be fat.. we women will always have the water weight gain unfortunately..

gapeach keep up the good work.. it'll show up eventually on the scale and take your measurements that has helped me now that I'm at the last 4/5 pounds. the scale hasn't moved at all for me and I've been working my but off and calorie counting making sure I have a deficit and keeping an eye on my carbs.. eventually I'll see a loss as well.. I've gotten this far and definitley not going back..

Rocki
06-14-2012, 08:25 AM
was trying to find where I posted..I finally found this thread..hope you all are doing well.. I guess I'll try to post in the June thread, that's the one you use daily, right? Hard to keep up..

I didn't do great last night b/c we had an impromptu party at my sister in laws for our nephew's 1st birthday. I had 2 bites of cupcake and some tortilla chips with artichoke dip . I didn't have a cupcake to myself and I did have salad. TOM is here kicking my butt and I can't wait for that to be gone so I can feel better and exercise again. Been laid up b/c of that.

gapeach
06-14-2012, 12:41 PM
So I bought a new scale this morning, and of course it is weighing 4lbs higher than my old one! Ack! I got one of the ones that measures body fat and water just so even if the weight part isn't moving I can track progress with muscle instead. Since I weighed midday today and usually weigh in the morning I will wait until tomorrow morning to change my weight to reflect the new scales.

Have a great day everyone!

globetrotter74
06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
gapeach you remind me so much of myself :lol: with the scale welcome to scale addicts :D

That sounds like one of those high techie things.. but I'm so attached to my scale that I will keep it until it goes out..

I often weigh more in the morning than what I do after a full meal :shrug: but I do think you are losing.. remember the inches as well.. as I'm switching to more of a calorie count and GI Diet from Atkins my scale hasn't moved at all but I figure that would happen as my body gets use to carbs again and I'm eating good carbs as they say things high in fibre and it is good to have low at yogurt and my fruit again like apples and oranges.. so hopefully I'll be :dance: on July 4th and be at my goal

Rocki
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Down 4.3 lbs as of today. Glad to see the 157 on the scale and not 160+. Would like to never see 160+ again..I need to make that happen.

Not really hungry and had to make myself eat meet, cheese and veggies for lunch.. I have all these great veggies in the house and I'm not hungry :)

Hope you all are doing great!

globetrotter74
06-14-2012, 03:31 PM
congrats Rocki :broc: you are on your way...

Slimmer Down Now
06-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Down one more! yay! :)

Hope your'e all having a good week!!!

ultrapeaches
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Bwahahaha, down 2 more to 162! 3 more pounds to meet my 4th of July goal and no longer be overweight!

StephanieM
06-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Good job Steph! I have a question for you - you lost weight and then became pregnant, right? I am hellbent on starting my next pregnancy not overweight (even though my midwife didn't act like it was a big deal) but I'm afraid that I'll just gain like 70lbs during my pregnancy to make up for starting lower. Like, that my body will work extra hard to get to my previous high weight when I don't restrict my calories - did that happen to you?

One of the reasons I lost weight is I wanted to be healthy when I got pregnant, and so I would lose the weight easier after. Unfortunately after I got down to 146 we moved and had trouble with money for the few months before, and 8 months of my pregnancy. I lived on Mr. Noodle and was 164 when I got pregnant and got all the way to 224. I really think the reason I gained soooo much is because we couldn't afford healthy food. I ate a lot of toast and discount pasta and Mr. Noodle.

I bet if we had the money to eat better, and I was able to follow the GI Diet my Dr. recommended I do during pregnancy to help with feeling sick, I would not have gained nearly as much. 30 lbs dropped off within 2 weeks of giving birth, gained 2 back, then started Atkins again because I didn't want to be fat again after I worked so hard.

I think starting at a lower weight will help set you up for success, it will come off easier after too. Just don't go all out or eat badly while pregnant, and watch the carbs.

StephanieM
06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Yesterday I was 174.2, today I am 173.4 :) A new low! Lets hope I make my Canada Day goal ;) I'm done with the 170's. Ooh, and I forgot, after passing 175 I am no longer Obese and just Overweight according to BMI ;)

Serenity100
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Congratulations on all of the losses!:woohoo:

I am hanging in there by my fingernails. I have basically been op except for two drinks on my birthday. I didn't even have any cake on my birthday, and didn't even want any. I made them stick a candle in my Greek yogurt with strawberries and sing to me though. :dizzy:

We made it a life style change so I'm just gonna keep truckn along and see where I end up.

Talk to you soon!

rho1640
06-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Everyoneis doing great.. serenity you are adorable -- for some reason I pictured you as a brunette in my mind lol. And happy birthday late.. When was it?

I have been playing with the same lbs since the last challenge ended - not doing anything different not off plan just my body playing games - I had the good losses last month now it is stuck - hopefully it kicks in soon and starts going down again.

Hubs back is a little better still bothering him at night so he ends up getting up in the middle of the night and coming in and watching tv and dozing in the chair ... So far we have been missing each other - I don't sleep well so I go to bed around 2 am and he is getting up around 2:30 to 3:00. Lol.

Brooklynn
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Rocki- WTG great loss!

LOL@ scale addicts I am part of that club too!

I dont have anything to post about weight because sunday is my day to weigh hoping its at least a couple!

We have family pictures tomorrow and I am really hoping after this I can take a skinny one and this will be the last fat one!

I have went 34.5 miles of my "non driving" trip to FL in the last 10 days! It is a 1289 mile trip that takes 20 hrs in a car and I have 1254.5 left. I hope to finish by the end of this year.

Its fun having a goal. I am counting miles on all things treadmill, bike, ARC, Elliptical. Anything but driving. I do the treadmill the most and the rest only once a week Id probably be farther if I biked more lol.

Oh well hope you all are well! Have a great weekend and fathers day!

gapeach
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Brooklyn- that is so cute, love the idea of the "trip" I'm going to think up a place to visit too!

globetrotter74
06-16-2012, 06:45 AM
:lol: Brooklyn yes join the scale addicts club.. I like the idea of the mile trip..

Steph congrats on the new low andnot officially being overweight :broc: you are doing good.. I can say that I'm doing the GI Diet basically and I have been maintaining but I did read that when you switch from one diet to another you may gain a few pounds back and then once your body catches up with the change then you'll start back to lose.. I'm patient I got this far what is another few weeks before I reach my goal and I will..

Serenity happy b-lated birthday it sounds as if you had fun and that you are very committed to atkins for a life style change. I couldn't do the atkins for a lifestyle change but I still do watch my carbs but Imainly follow the GI Diet and watch my calories as well.. I do like the atkins bar it is a good snack to have just don't like the gas it gives me.. sorry if TMI

:lol: Rho so you and hubby passing each other in the night.. the weight will start to shift eventually.. during all this process I've learned that I didn't put weight on in 4 months so I should expect to lose it all in 4 months..

congrats to all those losers I missed and keep up the good work everyone

everdeen
06-16-2012, 07:41 AM
I have been sick the past week and had a fever so was not into cooking, ran out of stuff and got a lil bummed and ate carbs. I gained back like 4 lbs. Good grief. It is amazing though to see how all this time it has been the carbs that were holding me back. I would hardly eat and not lose weight and when I cut the carbs it just all started coming off. I gotta get myself back on the horse and back into ketosis now. It's a struggle esp when I have my husband who is a carb loader shoving fries in his face like there's no tomorrow. sigh.

Serenity100
06-16-2012, 11:52 AM
I managed to squeeze off another lb.:carrot: I'll take it.

Rho, you crack me up, thinking I posted like a brunette. hahaha Probably confusing my "kindergarten teacher" way of lecturing with a brunette? lol

Globe, not to be nosey, (okay I am, lol) but are you moving back to the states? I only ask because your profile says you are moving back in June. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm doing sorta Atkins, keeping my carbs very low, but not very very low as Atkins prescribes. If I find I stop losing then I will have to reassess. I haven't eaten one piece of bread since the day I started Feb. 28th. I am going to San Fransisco in July, so I figure I will eat a piece of sour dough bread because I have always heard about how delicious it is.

Brooklynn, love your travel exercise idea! I really have to force myself to walk. Today I have no excuses but I use the too hot/rainy excuse regularly.

Everdeen, don't beat yourself up. If you go back to induction, those four pounds will come off right away. It is all water weight that you regain from eating the carbs. Carbs make you retain water like crazy and your body lost all that extra water when you gave them up.

Great job everyone! xxoo

globetrotter74
06-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Serenity congrats on the extra pound :broc: and no you aren't being nosey after 6 years in Italy and 1 in Turkey and 2 in Mexico I'm finally going back on on Tuesday :dance:

It sounds like you are doing what I'm doing but I follow the GI Diet more or less and calorie count as well. I need to work out today myself... with al the moving preparations haven't don't much but I had a bad stomach virus..

StephanieM
06-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with Serenity, Everdeen! I gained 6 lbs over a weekend of not being on plan and lost it within 4 days. It is most likely water weight :)

Drive by post as I am exhausted and it is a busy day, 173.2, a new low :)

Tired because we're working on getting Sloane to sleep in her crib. Wasn't so bad but she woke up every few hours and is now able to roll onto her tummy. She hates being on her stomach so she let us know! In her bassinet she didn't have the room to do this so never did. She is capable of rolling both ways but decides once she is on her tummy, 50% of the time she will whine instead of rolling back.

gapeach
06-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi guys, still plugging along here. No progress but I am staying on plan.

Globe- glad you mentioned that about switching diets, makes sense and to be honest I have gained back 2 of the lost pounds. Even though my carbs per day are still below what would be considered a healthy split it is much higher than an atkins plan.

Brooklyn- you are welcome to the scales addict club...we meet everyday, sometimes 2-3 times a day! HA Seriously though, I am still weighing daily just until I feel like I get my body back into sync with my digestive issues ( or whatever the heck is going on) then I am going to try to step away for at least a few days!

Steph- congrats on the new low!

Serenity- your tracker says you are half way there, congrats!!!!

Brooklynn
06-17-2012, 03:31 PM
So I am so confused. I am guessing my floors are uneven because I get on my scale this morning and it says 192 but my digi says 201. both of which are 3-4 lbs loses from where they were the begging of this week. But hubby moves my scale to the bath room and because I have had an upset stomach and havent eating and only went to the bathroom I weighed again just to see. Now it says 197 and the digi still 201. I dont know what to think. Could my floor just be uneven and thats why it was weighing lighter? I guess I am going to just go with the heavier weights I mean either way I am still losing and this would explain why my clothes are still not fitting much better. So if I go with the digi I am down 4 lbs this week and 8lbs since I started keeping track 13 in total if I go with what I have lost since I started LCing. Oh and then I have yet another analog scale that is weighing lighter than both at 190 LOL wth?

Ramra
06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Brooklynn, I find that when I'm on an empty stomach I retain a little water. But the floors being uneven is just as plausible. Try moving your bathroom scale to where you normally keep your scale, and see if there's a difference. Scales/weight can be so fickle, I'm just glad that you see the big picture: You've lose weight. :)

Update: I binged very badly a while ago on low to no-carb foods, and didn't gain a pound. In fact, 2 days later my scale finally registered a loss. My body finally released that water weight it's been afraid to let go of. But I still felt that I needed to balance the excess calories I consumed, so I fasted for 22 hours and surprisingly felt great. It's given me a greater sense of how to control my mindless eating habits, and reminded me of what TRUE hunger feels like. I've decided to consume my BMR each day and fast on Sundays, to sort of cleanse my body for the new week. I'm still following the basic structure of Atkins, and decided daily intermittent fasting may be too much on my body. Hopefully this is something that will work for me, but I won't push my body any further than it wants to go.

I'm glad to read that everything is doing well. Everdeen, I agree with what the others have said, it's more than likely water weight. :)

sizzlingina
06-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still here. Still losing and regaining the same few pounds I gained while my mom was in the hospital. Soo frustrating! !!

I have discovered a new favorite extremely low Carb dinner main dish. I pan sear a chicken boob (my chicken HAS to be extremely done. The dryer the better! Just me, though haha) then top with some Swiss cheese, ham, and more Swiss cheese and put it under the broiler til the cheese is melted. Dip in about 1Tblsp of mayo mixed with 1/4 tsp of mustard. It is soooo good!

Slimmer Down Now
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Way to go everyone!

So I wanted to share a recipe I made today that I found on pinterest. It's great for the pizza cravings! You may have heard this before.

So the crust is 8oz of cream cheese mixed with 2 eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper (and I added some fresh garlic and oregano), and 1/4 cup of parm cheese. Bake it at 350 on a buttered pan until golden brown (18-20 mins). Take it out for 10 mins, add some tomato sauce, mozz cheese, and toppings (I put black olives) and bake another 8 or so mins til the cheese is bubbling.

It smelled WONDERFUL and tasted like pizza! I couldn't pick it up and eat it like a regular pizza... i ate it with a fork... but it was soooo goood!!! :)

Hope everyone has a good week. I still have an insane amount of stress, and that my stall me up some... but I'm going to keep on trucking. Hope you're all well!

Serenity100
06-17-2012, 09:19 PM
SDN, thanks for the pizza recipe. I will definitely try it!

Ramra, good for you for taking control. I hope your gallbladder issues are all taken care of.

Great to see you Gina! You didn't give up, that is the most important thing.

Brooklynn, I would choose one of the scales and stick with it. Same time, same place, same clothes. . .

ttfn xxoo

gapeach
06-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi all,

So I am making an appointment tomorrow with a nutritionist that specializes in metabolic issues. Hopefully that will give me some answers. Still plugging along on plan here though. Doing lots of thinking and I decided I am going to switch my exercise concentration to strength over cardio because its something I can control. (I'll still do cardio as well) I am going to focus more on body fat than actual weight so I can a least see my progress that way.

As far as this challenge goes as of today I am exactly one pound down, even though it isn't what I hoped for by this point or would have expected at this point it is however some progress so I am going to be positive about that

BTW, if anyone is interested or hasn't already heard of it I have been logging my food and exercise on a site call my fitness pal. It is a great site that has a ton of resources, you track your weight and everything you eat there and it puts it all in reports for you showing you how much of everything you are getting, fats, carbs, calories, sodium...etc. They also have message boards and you friend people....kind of like a facebook for dieters-lol. If anyone is interested my user name there is mawray2.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Brooklynn
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I am just going to use the digital scale. It has gone down so I know I am losing just heavier than I thought. So I am going to stick with it weigh naked and leave it in my room lol. I got on it this morning and it said 200 so I know that the weight is changing and thats all I need :) I also took my measurements for the first time because I am going to the gym so much I figure if my weight isnt changing much maybe my width is LOL.

Ramra
06-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I weighed in at 148.7 this morning, a new low! I'm so happy this is finally working for me. I've been on Atkins for 50 days as of today, and have lost 6 lbs. It's not amazing, but it's progress.

ultrapeaches
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Congrats Ramra! The last stretch is always slowest.

I'm sort of on vacation in South Carolina right now,
o we're eating out for every meal. I'm trying to eat on plan, but restaurant food has hidden carbs I don't think about. I'll see what the damage is come Friday.

StephanieM
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey everyone! We were at the in laws for dinner on Saturday and Sunday, my weekend weight was 174.2 after both those days. My period is due this week, so it's either that or they lied about what was on the chicken (just said salt and pepper) or I ate too many veggies (I know onions have a lot of carbs and they made kebabs).

Today I'm at 173.8, so it did go down even though I ate left over chicken yesterday. I'm guessing I may just be bloated.

Looks like everyone is mostly in a similar situation though, bouncing around. Maybe we're all PMSing at the same time ;)

rho1640
06-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Finally hit a new low number after my stuck - hope it keeps up for a few weeks :D

Off to take cans to be recycled ... Ugh I hate doing this ...so I don't do it often which makes it worse ... Dumb dumb dumb....

gapeach
06-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Looks like everyone is mostly in a similar situation though, bouncing around. Maybe we're all PMSing at the same time ;)

Ha, they say that happens when women spend too much time around each other....didn't think it applied to the internet though-lol

I was actually down 1lb today, couldn't believe it! I have my doctors appt tomorrow so I will let ya'll know what I find out.

Nice losses everyone!

StephanieM
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Ha, they say that happens when women spend too much time around each other....didn't think it applied to the internet though-lol

I was actually down 1lb today, couldn't believe it! I have my doctors appt tomorrow so I will let ya'll know what I find out.

Nice losses everyone!

Maybe our cycles have alligned, haha!

Congrats on the pound, and congrats to Rho for the moving scale!

173.8 again, guess who gets to have dinner at the in laws every night this week and the weekend? Yup, my husband is redoing their deck so after he gets off work we go there so he can work on it and they make us dinner. I make my own stuff but then they want me to eat their food instead.

I hope he gets it done soon, we have been so busy and we just want a lazy weekend together! Next weekend in between the deck his daughter has four soccer games and a ballet recital. Last weekend was so hectic too since he was helping his sister move and unloading lumber for his parents, and the week before he was going to the hardware store every day after work with his mom to figure out what they needed.

His dad did give him a break on Fathers Day though :P

rho1640
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Stephanie - is it hot out there and maybe they will grill everything and you can have that and salad?

It's stinkin hot and humid here - how about we give ideas for foods in this heat - no air conditioning here and no grill right now ... Ack ack ack ... Tomorrow will be hamburgers. Getting things for the Crackslaw recipe, and some cheap chopmeat for taco salad (hubby needs expensive from meat market for hamburgers) going to do a steak on my stove grill one night then we can have leftovers on salad or hubs can have steak sandwich for lunch. Was thinking about getting a turkey or roaster chicken or maybe two to do in the smoker later in the week too. (extra one can be frozen) And maybe some shrimp I can roast in the oven with oil and garlic and use on a salad with homemade thousand island dressing.. Basically if I cook anything from now till cooler weather I end up doing extra for having it on salad the next night ...

I seriously hate summer and am hoping the weight loss will help with how much it bothers me at least. :dizzy::o

ultrapeaches
06-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Mmm, smoked chicken makes such amazing chicken salad. Thank you for the idea, rho - when we get back from our trip I'm totally going to smoke a couple chickens in my in-laws' smoker. Now, it's time to cover my baby with sunscreen and take him to the beach.

Ramra
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I hit a new low, 147.7. But there's no way I lost a lb over night, so this may be the result of two things. 1: It's 86 degrees in my apartment, and I sweated out a lb. OR 2: I'm due for my period around this time, and I just lost the PMS bloat.

Steph, I hope your husband gets it all done before the weekend! It must suck to be working in this heat.

gapeach
06-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi all, had another slight loss so I am officially down 2.6 for the challenge. For whatever reason (and I don't want to jinx it) my body seems to have righted itself this week.

So I had my "doctors" appt. today, which turned out to be a bunch of quacks just trying to sell stuff. They get you in with a low cost consultation, that sounds like you are going to get answers and then basically they try to sell you on hgc. First off I have at most 25lbs to lose, but probably more like 20 total. The person I thought was a a doctor, um she introduced herself as Kim and had to go look up a simple medical question I had was obsessed with the idea that it must be hormones because I am 42 and she is close to my age and all the sudden she is having hormone issues. HELLO, I am not menepausal yet, no other symptoms. Pfft

Anyway, I did get the b12 shot which was part of the consultations and ran as quickly away from the place I could get! If my weight loss stops again I will go see my regular doctor, but for now, I am hoping the problem fixed itself!

StephanieM
06-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Rho, FIL's *THREE* BBQ's had to be moved off the deck so my husband could take it apart and rebuild it bigger. (Okay, one is a smoker, not a BBQ). That man loves to grill!

Ramra, I'm pretty sure I've got some bloat going on right now. My weight is just doing it's own thing. You may have a bit of a whoosh after your period is over!

gapeach, you were smart to get away! HCG diets are dangerous, 500 calories a day and expensive hormones that are supposed to make you not feel any hunger. I had a friend that lost 50 lbs in just over a month on it, and a lot of people used to do it at my old job. It's expensive as ****, you may as well just starve yourself and save the money.

rho1640
06-20-2012, 10:14 PM
We have an electric smoker that you don't need to put a ton of wood in and you set the temperature so it makes it easy ... Love it - if I had an electrical outlet outside where it is it would be even better -now I have a cord that goes out my door but then bugs get in lol. And our new to us old grill is going to be hooked to street gas so no having to get tanks and our new to us generator will be hooked up the same way .. As we are aging I am going for ease of things ... and both things were super cheap ... The generator was on an estate but they decided they need bigger after the one storm they used it - hubs is in the FD with the estate manager and we bought it for a few hundred (and they delivered it) and the grill was a friend from FD moving to Florida permanently so it was $50. I love a deal :D but we need to work on the area where they are going and get a professional in to do the gas lines (actually another person in the FD lol)

What type of grills does your FIL have - I have lusted over a Big Green Egg for years - but they are expensive!

Crud just realized my attic fan isn't working - that makes a huge difference in the house in this weather .... Maybe I'll sweat out lots .. I know I'm drinking tons of water ..

500 calories ACCK I will lose slowly on a way I can do for life thank you very much - but I do know someone doing that and supposedly doing well but nope not for me .... And expensive to boot. Double ACCK. The B12 could help in how you feel over all ..

rho1640
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
So stayed the same today (from yesterday lol) I think it might have to do with the tons of water I'm drinking because of the heat - may take a day or two for my body to adjust.

Crud it's hot! Can you tell I hate hot :devil: got the attic fan going again but it is still 85 in my house and it's only just before 10am ... It's only a few months and I've stood it for 59 years can stand it some more right lol ... I am so thrilled I got the new fridge with ice and water I'm making great use of it now for sure :p

Tonight I think will be hamburger and salad... My hamburger will have melted blue cheese butter on it.. Get groceries tomorrow so tomorrow night I will do a bunch of chicken wings up to have with Cheri's White Sauce and if I have any ambition I will make my Crackslaw with ground chicken too. I love it better the next day ... And since I don't go to sleep till 2 am I can do things late at night when it isn't quite as hot.

What else are you doing for hot weather meals .. Im also Getting hamburger to make taco meat for taco salad too... Would love more ideas to get a folder made up of ideas ...

StephanieM
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Rho, I don't even know! I do know he likes the best of the best. They have quite a bit of money (when their kids aren't asking for handouts!). Since my one SIL who ends up asking for money the most has a job now I guess that's why he thought it was a good time to put the money down for the deck ;) Though my other SIL is out of school and not working right now :S

StephanieM
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM
174.6 today, but I'm not surprised. I've been PMSing horribly, and yesterday as I was just about to make a salad a package came in the mail. I opened it and my mom sent us up a bunch of cupcakes and cookies! Before I knew it I was digging in. I keep junk food out of the house so this isn't an issue but I guess I got caught off guard. Today I'm cramping badly so I hope it's over with soon.

I'm starting to wonder if the best way to stop myself from cheating is to allow myself one cheat day a month around the time I will be PMSing, and make it so I don't have to do it if I feel well enough to go one without cheating. If I have that one day it will give me something to look forward too when times get tough as well. I don't know, just an idea. I'm always coming up with ideas :P haha.

Last time I lost the weight I was calorie counting for a large part of it and working out. I haven't been working out other than stroller walks and I'm worried I'm going to end up 'skinny fat'. I looked into a local gym and found two classes I like that are twice a week each at night. That way I could get a ride from my husband and he could watch Sloane. I could also do drop in other times and just plain work out on my own. I think this would be a good option for me to get out of the house more and get some exercise in.

gapeach
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Steph, good idea on the classes! I used to be skinny fat so I know what you mean...I was a size 2-4 and was still flabby! This time I am adding strength into my routine so I can firm up...I don't want to jiggle when I finally get back down!

So (knock on wood) the scale is still moving for me, I think my body just righted itself! I read somewhere when you switch from one diet to another it takes a few weeks to adjust. I've also been taking a digestive supplement suggested for people without gallbladders for 8 days now. Now, I had jumped 3lbs overnight last week (thinking maybe pms) but as of today I am back down the 3 plus a tiny bit more. Not going to make my goal for the challenge but if I can keep losing now, at least I will be able to have made a dent in it!

Rho, visiting my inlaws in Queens in 3 1/2 weeks, sure hoping the temperature comes down some! You know its bad when it is hotter there than it is down here in Hotlanta!

rho1640
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Stephanie - instead of a day off plan how about making it a meal and one that you only can do for 1 hour but it can be anything you want ... I remember ages ago there was a plan similar to that and the hour was important ...

Gapeach the weather should be getting better by this weekend I think and hopefully it won't go wacky again. Because it is worse up that way than it is out here - and my house got to 93 today... Plus hopefully your laws have AC ;) - and that reminds me I need to call my aunt who lives in Queens tomorrow and check on her :)

What supplement are you taking for people without gallbladder - I haven't had one for ages...

gapeach
06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Rho, its a digestive enzyme. It's supposed to help with the digestive process the gallbladder normally would do. Usually the liver functions fine in taking over but I don't think mine was doing as well as it should. One of the sites I visited about gallbladders suggested it for people that had trouble losing weight, or worse gaining weight when they were eating right! Not sure if it's what has made the difference or if my body just fixed itself, but I have lost 3lbs in the last 5 days after only losing 4lbs in 4 weeks!

Rho, they live in one of those pre-war apartments, so it doesn't have central air, they have a window unit though, but I still sweat a lot there! Good thing it's only for 3 days! I love my in-laws but that is about all I can take-lol

rho1640
06-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Rho, its a digestive enzyme. It's supposed to help with the digestive process the gallbladder normally would do. Usually the liver functions fine in taking over but I don't think mine was doing as well as it should. One of the sites I visited about gallbladders suggested it for people that had trouble losing weight, or worse gaining weight when they were eating right! Not sure if it's what has made the difference or if my body just fixed itself, but I have lost 3lbs in the last 5 days after only losing 4lbs in 4 weeks!

Rho, they live in one of those pre-war apartments, so it doesn't have central air, they have a window unit though, but I still sweat a lot there! Good thing it's only for 3 days! I love my in-laws but that is about all I can take-lol

Hmmm what's the name I'd be willing to give it a try if there is a chance of a loss like that - I've been playing with the same numbers since Memorial Day ... Only lost 2 ish pounds and up down up down ... I expected it because I had good losses the month before ut it's still frustrating ..

I've always like the idea that fish and company are both only good for 3 days after that they go bad idea - and I figure it goes for the host and for how the company feels too lol. Are you guys going home right away or will you be doing some travel and vacation things while you are up here?

Ramra
06-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Gapeach, I'd like to know the name of the digestive enzyme you're using too. Not just for me, I think my best friend would benefit from it too. She had gallstones last year but no doctor would even give her an ultrasound, and she went to the hospital at least 3 times. A gallstone eventually got lodged in her liver and she was extremely ill. I went to see how she was doing she had jaundice and could barely walk! Friends from her church drove her to the hospital and she passed out in the snow before even making it inside. She was finally treated, but ever since she's had trouble eating certain foods. It makes me wonder why she wasn't taken seriously. I know this is dark thinking, but I wonder if her weight had something to do with the doctors' lack of concern for her.

I'm really excited, because today we're getting some exercise equipment to put in our nice cool basement! We share the basement with the main floor tenant, but there should be enough room. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've exercised. I have NO muscle, and I'm finding it rather difficult to carry out normal tasks. Even taking out the garbage has become exhausting. I'm looking forward to toning up, but I'm waiting another week just to make sure I'm fully healed. I think this week I'm going to do light warm-up activities to get the ball rolling.

gapeach
06-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Ramra, that is terrible about your friend! I really hope she is doing better, you have to be your own advocate sometimes with medical things. Looking back on my situation I had had issues for years and years but I have never been big on going to the doctor and always assume pain is normal...it's not! Ha Just make sure you take it slow getting back to working out and really don't push yourself. You have to heal first and sometimes it takes longer than you want but you gotta do it! Be patient: )

Rho, My father in-law has a used car place and we always get our cars from him, so that is the main reason for the trip up...can't wait for the new car-lol. We usually just mess around the city during the day,lots of walking! When we leave NY we are headed to Washington just for the day to see the Mets play the Nationals...Go Mets-lol. Then we are headed to the coast for a few days then back to Atlanta. Packing a lot in in a little over a week! I have exactly 3 weeks left before I leave and I really want to get as much off by then because I know I tend to gain on Vacation (usually about 5lbs).

the enzyme I am taking is called Digestive Gold and I am also taking one called Lypo gold. The second is is for fat digestion and the bottle says for cardiovascular support, fish & flax oil digestion, and gallbladder support. I bought them at a health food store. When I told the guy that I had my gallbladder out he took me immediately to these so he was aware of the issues (I'd also researched them on the internet first) It made me feel better that we both came to the same conclusion as to what I needed without discussing it.

So, after losing almost nothing for 3 weeks, in fact gaining....I am down 5lbs this week! I cannot believe it! Honestly, I am being healthy with my eating, drinking tons of water and working out about an hour a day (broken up into two sessions). I really hope it keeps up, I know not to expect this every week, but something lost each week helps!

emily0229
06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I am currently 224 pounds. My goal is to be around 210-212 pounds. Seems like a start! :D :carrot: :smug::) :o :p :cool:

StephanieM
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Rho, that sounds even better! Maybe I'll do that.

174.8 today, still waiting on TOM. Been good but have been going over because I've been eating a lot of veggies, which isn't so bad. I also bought avocado for my daughter to try and ended up eating it all to myself! Those things have a ton of carbs but almost all fibre! I wonder if they might be why my weight isn't going down... I know some people have to count the fibre carbs as well.

Serenity100
06-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome Emily!

So many of us on this thread with gallbladder issues. My theory is that our bodies never processed the fat properly in the first place and that's why we gained weight so quickly as opposed to other people eating the same amount of calories. Just a theory, and probably has no scientific merit whatsoever.:D

Gap, Yes BABY another Mets Fan on this board! :woohoo:

I have been totally not on plan, but not terrible either. I have not counted carbs and I know I went over, but not crazy. I work in Queens in a classroom with no a/c so the classroom felt around 100 degrees. Plus we had Kinder graduation in the auditorium w/o a/c. But no gain at all, so I am happy with that. Sometimes maintain is a win.

NSV, my friend brought over an oreo crust cheese cake and I was not even tempted to have a taste. I gave it away the next day. In the past, I would have had that thing polished off by now.

ttfn xxoo

gapeach
06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome Emily! This is a great place to get the support you need to stay on track! You can do this!!!

Serenity- Weird isn't it about the GB issues, just in this one group far more than the average with issues....I think there is something to it! And we bleed Mets in this house, which is a lot of fun being that we live in Atlanta. Mets fan first then anybody but the braves here-lol!

Steph, you will figure it out. Just keep track of what you are eating so you can look back and see what is working and what isn't. For me at least sometimes it can come down to one or two foods just don't sit well with me. Also, I have to watch the sodium content because that really affects my weight. It will work out for you I am sure!

ultrapeaches
06-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Uhg, Ramra, my (also fat) best friend and I have both had experiences with doctors who were sure that fatness was the root of all our problems. My friend had some serious gastrointestinal problems after returning from AFRICA and her doctor's first advice was basically "well, don't eat so much junk food, fatty." Yes, I'm sure that was her problem in Africa.
My faith in doctors' ability to listen to me and treat me like a person was pretty much nonexistent, so when I was pregnant with my son I chose to give birth at home with a midwife.

Does anyone else count calories as well as carbs? My husband does, so I sort of do, and I shoot for 1800 because I'm still breastfeeding. I've been over most of this week though and wonder if I managed to lose any weight. What number of calories do you aim for?

sizzlingina
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Ultrapeaches, I track my calories but don't necessarily "count" them. If I go by calories, I don't eat nearly enough. Yesterday I had like 900ish calories. But I wasn't hungry at all.

For anyone who uses MFP, You can add me there, same username :-)

What is everyone doing for exercise? I do mostly just walking, I want to jog/run but either I get a knee cramp right away or my boobs ache or SOMEthing. I thought about picking up 30DS tomorrow ... everyone else's results look amazing. Anyone done it?

What do you all consider your "problem" areas are? If I could pick where I want the majority of my weight to come off, I'd say tummy and calves. They're both way too big. Ugh.

And finally *TMI ALERT*

Bowel movements, I can't have them! I've always been irregular but in the last month or so, I don't go at all unless I take a gentle laxative. I drink plenty of water and eat lots of green leafy things, it just won't happen naturally for me. I've never had to depend on any laxatives until now. The last BM I had was last Wednesday or Thursday. Yes 10+ days. I feel so full and nasty right now that I will have to take a lax. ANY suggestions at all?

gapeach
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Gina, next time I log onto mfp I'll add you, my username is mawray2. I love that site!

As far as exercise, I normally do step aerobics. I used to do it to a dvd but now that I am used to several different moves I just freestyle it-lol while I watch tv at night. If the show is good I tend to go longer! Sometimes I also walk but lately the heat and humidity and smog has been oppressive so I am staying indoors! I think I am going to look for a gym this week though because I'd like to do more weights for toning and I'd love to take some classes like zumba.

As far as your bathroom issues, one thing I can suggest is to watch your diary intake, especially cheese.

Good luck!

ultrapeaches
06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
10 days until July 4th! I'm down to 160.5 - 1 lbs away from my challenge goal. How close are you guys?

sizzlingina
06-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm not close at all! Still 9ish pounds away. I keep playing with the same few pounds. Ugh.

globetrotter74
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi to everyone..

I've been MIA I was moving from Italy to Seattle and weighed myself and I MADE MY GOAL :cb::woohoo::cheer3::broc::crazy: that is how I feel as well.. It has been a journey.. If I can do it I know you guys will make your goal as well.. Don't think I'm not going to stay in this forum to encourage you guys.. This forum as been the key to my weight loss. all the support and encouragement has been excellent..now for me to maintain this weight loss that is the next lifetime goal

It seems as if everyone is doing good.. maybe a few stalls here and there but believe me I understand it took me almost 2 months to lose the last 6 pounds..

hang in there

gapeach
06-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Yay Globe I am so happy for you!!! Congrats!!! Yes stick around and stay accountable so you aren't tempted to slip!

As far as this goal, I am not going to make it after my big stall, however I am making good progress now so I am happy! So far I am down 4.8 for the challenge, so no where near my 12lb goal but I am going to keep pushing to get as close as I can.

Sunday nights I do measuring I do left and right thigh, calve, upper arm, I also do bust, waist, tummy(biggest part) and hips. Since I started measuring on 5/26 I am down a total of 9.25 inches and in the last week alone I am down 4 inches. Also, my left leg has always measured bigger than my right at start it was 1 in different in the thigh area, it is down to only a fourth of an inch different so I am more balanced-lol. My biggest loss has been in the hips at 2.25 inches (the place I need to lose the most!lol

To anyone not measuring, I really suggest it because even in the weeks I wasn't losing lbs I still saw something in inches and it helps to stay motivated!

globetrotter74
06-25-2012, 12:13 AM
wow gapeach you are doing great!!!! Don't let the scale not moving discourage you.. I started taking measurements as well when the scale wasn't moving for me as well and remember we wear our clothes size based on inches not weight...

Hang in there I've had a few hiccups but I made it.. I'll be foolish after this hard work to gain the weight back.. but I started with the GI Diet because I knew I couldn't keep the atkins as a lifetime and I calorie count as well..

Ramra
06-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Way to go guys! I made it to my goal, but I definitely need this thread for me to stay accountable. I went waaay off plan a few days ago, and bounced from 148 to 153, back down to 149.

Crazy thing happened today, my boyfriend ordered a pizza for dinner and the delivery guy couldn't find our house. We were already waiting outside for him when he called, and left a message that said "Hey motherf***er, come get your pizza, son of a b****.". So my boyfriend called the delivery guy and he said that our address didn't exist. ???? When he finally did show up, he was nearly an hour late and was going the opposite way on a one way street. Then he had the nerve to make my boyfriend PAY for the cold pizza (but apologised for the nasty message we got on our machine). So my boyfriend called the pizza company, and all the manager had to say was "Well, you got the pizza, right?". Omg.

rho1640
06-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi guys sorry to be MIA. Have been doing some major house stuff - as in tearing apart a closet and going thru clothes that some were probably 25-30 years old ... Why no I'm not a fashionista why do you ask :^: -- and I filled one big black garbage bag to take to the clothes bin behind the church.. And I washed all the rest so I have some shirts to wear that fit again (out of style but how out of style can t shirts be) or finally fit (new and never worn that I bought on vacations for when I lose weight - and it only took decades to happen) and a few pair of shorts ...they are a little big but it will get me thru the summer since I only wear them at home not out.

I have so much to do in my house it's not funny... I decided that I will work every day in a section and will tear things apart for exactly 15 minutes ... Then will go thru things and chuck things and organize till that amount is done ... I know it will take forever to do but I figure this is how I'm doing weight loss (slow and steady and keep plugging away) and it will work for other areas of my life too... Does that make sense to you guys too?

I'm not going to make the current goal unless I have a huge whoosh but no matter what I know I've been on plan and it's because of the good loss the last challenge that I am going slow now .. I'm working to get as close as possible ... Like I say if I have a whoosh it could happen, :^:

Globe for sure don't leave the group ... Make your new goal for each challenge to stay at goal - and you got there during a stressful move you are amazing! congratulations!!

Ramra yay! On making your goal too... You can make your new goal to see how far you can go beyond the original one by the 4th... Then start the next new challenge at an even lower number ...

Gapeach you are doing great .. Keep plugging along and you will lose - maybe a little slower because you are near your total goal but WHOO HOO on the inches lost - heck to be truthful if you lose inches and the weight goes slower everyone will notice more anyway ... And a new to you car is exciting! A chance tovisit with the in-laws and then a nice trip home sounds great too.

serenity Oh ugh on the classroom temps that was brutal!

Better shower - going to get my haircut ... I was growing it out a bit but it was too hot last week and I can't stand it ..so getting it short again ... I so hope it will start looking cute not old as I go down more ... The trial and tribulations of white curly hair - you would think I would be used to it by now ... I've had white hair since my late 30's and was grey in my 20's ....

Have a great day all!

Brooklynn
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi all! Good job on the loses! I am down 2lbs I was hoping for a bit more but it was TOM too so Ill take what I can get. Hope you all have a great week Ill try to read through more later!

StephanieM
06-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around much! Globe, congrats on hitting goal!

I'm on the worst TOM I have ever had, cramping, cranky, and it's heavy and not letting up. I'm sooooo bloated. Blah, I feel like crap but being good today.

I'm looking into doing a swim class for Sloane, the class is for 6-12 month olds, so I figure I won't be the only one looking bad in a bathing suit because everyone else will have just had babies 6-12 months ago :P haha.

Still really wanting to join the YMCA so I can start working out more, but my husband is still working on the deck so we're at his parents every day once he gets off at work. They have a gym downstairs so maybe I'll talk MIL into taking Sloane so I can work out a bit. The only problem is FIL likes to 'supervise' my husband (and nag, question him) and he has MIL cook while he is doing that.

On top of it all, my old best friend is moving here. I'm so excited to have a good friend in town. She started doing Atkins but I know she's not doing it anymore. I hope I can help her get back on plan, and it doesn't go the opposite way where she gets me off plan. Because I can assure it will be one or the other as it has always been since we were teenagers!

Serenity100
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
:congrat:Globe for making your Goal! and moving across the world and being back in the States. I've been to Seattle and loved it! Lots of good coffee there, donuts too, but stay away from those. lol

Hi everybody, we can do this.

rho1640
06-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Brooklyn you didn't think I would let this pass without comment did you.... You are in ONDERLAND!!!!! Did you do a happy dance after you got off the scale :carrot::carrot:

So yesterday I screwed up my courage and did something really scary .. Joined an exercise class that has been in progress .... And not just any exercise class ---- hoopla hoop class.... I will never ever be like they all are .. They dance with the hoop.. But if I can keep the hoop going and do a few things (with no grace) I will be happy. After 45 minutes I hurt fom my head to my waist and my arm was screaming too from trying to do some arm things with it. This was a class of 6 who were all thin and pretty and graceful and young and oh so good! But they were nice and I am buying a hoop so I can practice at home and I will go more ... I also found an video of just an exercise class online without the dance moves that I might like to try at home .. It isn't instructional just a video of a class that I could follow along. It is supposed to be really good for you for you core and your tummy muscles of course and your low back and it burns 350 calories an hour just hooping and if you get into the other moves and dance it can go up into the 600 calorie range ....l also think it will be good therapy for my shoulder and arm that I broke ... Because you have to hold the arm you are using up as straight as possible and I don't have a fantastic range of motion or strength after the shoulder surgeries and the doctor said I won't ever have it - but I figure any increase is a help ... I will just be slow on doing those moves so I don't injure it .. I can always just hoop if I want in between .. Now I can't wait till tomorrow to see how bruised I am since I am the bruise queen!

Stephanie the swim class sounds like a great idea ... You will have fun and my niece did it with her kids and kept it up every summer - it makes her feel much more at ease about the pool they have now. She is still totally aware but at least she knows if they did get in there she could get out there to scold them about going in alone without worry that anything would happen..... Plus it will just be fun,

I am all about making things games and fun ... I do it with finding and trying new recipes, trying the challenges, now the hoop class ... Heck I've even tried making cleaning house fun ... I will never grow up I guess cause if I can't have fun doing things I don't want to do them .... stomping my feet and crossing my arms here ... :o

sizzlingina
06-27-2012, 12:29 AM
The scale finally tipped in the downward direction. I was 223 a few hours ago. That's about 3it pounds this week. I will sooo take it! I'm glad you are all doing so well!

I wanted to apologize for not doing any kind of personals when I post.. I'm on my phone so its difficult to even type this silly comment hah!

Ramra
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Rho, way to go on challenging yourself! I used to be a member of a gym that offered exercise groups, but I was too chicken to ever exercise with other people. lol

Steph, I bet Sloane will love it. My boyfriend's 2 year old has been in swimming lessons for a while. At first he was very nervous, but now he loves to splash around and get dunked under water. It's a huge boost in confidence for him.

Awesome work Sizlinga! I love your ultimate goal by the way, I love showing snoots a thing or two. ;P

Serenity100
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, there was an article printed in USA Today yesterday about a scientific study that found that a person burns more calories on a low carb diet. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-06-27/calories-low-carb-weight-loss/55843134/1

We could have told them that. lol

Keep on doing it peeps!

airomatic
06-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Hey guys, just realized I haven't done any check-ins since the day this challenge started. I've been way off plan, went to the coast for a couple of days for a vacation and came back with dental problems. So just recovering from all that fun stuff now, also started school this week. Most of my summer classes are 4 weeks long so I have class from 1-7pm 4 days a week which isn't much fun and there's not much of a break between classes. Thankfully I will be completely done by September. My goal for 4th of July is just to get back on plan. Right before I went off plan I was down to 207, I'm up to 218 right now, for the most part I'm living on soft foods which makes low carb hard but once I'm completely better I'm going to start back OP. I don't think I've ever missed salads so much haha.
Good job everybody on your losses!

rho1640
06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
So are we going to do a Labor Day Challenge ;). I was thinking again - dangerous I know- but how about if some people want to go scale free or not have an emphasis on weight loss and make it days on plan or measurements at the beginning and end or do a weigh in at the beginning and the end with just staying on plan each day.. People could do all three or one or all if they want. I think if we are struggling to get back that doing a day at a time and planning out our food for the week could be a less pressure filled challenge to ease back in.

Weights starting to go down again for me it's done with its stuck .. I doubt I will make my goal but that is ok .. I will get there a week or so later I'm sure and I will be in ONDERLAND soon.

Sizzl no problems I ramble on enough for both of us :o. And YAY! Doing good..

Air - vacations yay - dental problems ugh ugh ugh .. You will be back in the swing of things in no time Im sure .. Take it one day or meal at a time .. And for now concentrate on healing.. And maybe you can. Plan what you can do ahead of time to make your school time easier ..

Ramra going to the class was HARD and I wanted to turn and run when I saw how young and thin everyone was but I said to myself that would be even more embarrassing lol ...my hoop should be done today or tomorrow and I ordered a book and DVD from amazon to work with till the next class. I won't go to all the classes but I figure one or two a month should be ok (it's a money thing too) if I keep it up at home . I've been reading success stories of people who used it to help lose weight and just get healthier too. So if I can do a few 10 or 15 minute workouts a day it should help.

I should do a before and after shouldn't I? I took out shorts from last year and OMG I really did get thinner ... Isn't it funny that to my mind I'm the same size until I try something on from back when I began.

Ramra
06-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Serenity, cool article! I know I heard the '300 more calories burned' thing before, but I never really took it seriously.

Rho, I know I'll be staying on plan, watching the scale, and taking measurements so I'm down for any one of those, or all of the above. I'm placing a personal emphasis on inches because I'm beginning the 30 Day Shred on July 1st. Can't wait!

I really want to try hoola-hooping some time. Back in elementary school gym class, I was always too chunky to make the hoop spin around my waist. :P

gapeach
06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
6 days left...So as of today I am down 6lbs for the challenge. Not close to my origional goal but I am okay with that. I am officially down 10lbs since I started trying to lose Mid May so that is fine. I'm just going to really push these last 6 days, make sure I work out every day and drink lots of water. I am also going to pay a little more attention to make sure I get my daily fiber in. My new mini goal for the challenge will be to get into the 130's and stabilize there.

Rho- I love that you did the hulahoop class! I love doing something different and trying to keep it fun! Who cares what the barbies in class look like-ha!
And I am down for a labor day challenge too!

Congrats Gina and Brook on the losses! YAY!!!

Ramra- Heard a lot about Shred and know people get good results from it...I don't think I am ready for it yet-lol, you go first and tell me how it is!

Air- Good plan on making the last part of the challenge getting back on track...you will be ready for the next one that way!

Ok guys, lets push through these last 6 days!!! Good luck!!!

ultrapeaches
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Rho - Scale free until labor day sounds perfect. My "goal" is going to be 20 gym visits during the challenge.
My friend teaches hoop dance and pole dance classes and is always super excited to see women who are just starting to get fit and left their comfort zone to come to her class. If your hoola hoop instructor is anything like my friend, she's much more impressed with you than any of the fit, tiny, college students.

globetrotter74
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
:wave: everyone and thanks for all the support and congrats..

my goal is to stay at this weight every month so I will be weighing myself each week myself.. I'm still jetlag.. **** I've travelled from the mediterrean to the pacific ocean practically and it has only been 1 week today and last night was the first time that I slept normally without waking up..

yes I've already gotten into the coffee which is crazy as I didn't drink coffee in Italy LOL well the expressos were too strong and here I add a little of creme and no sugar and I'm all good..

Everyone is doing good and just keep on going.. if I can do it anyone can.. I had my slip ups and it took at least 6 weeks to lose those last 6 pounds and I was gung ho about it as well.. but my determination did pay off and this forum helped a lot.

Serenity100
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Rho, any challenge you come up with for Labor Day, I'm in! I think the losing inches thing is a great idea!

The scale hopefully will stay down for my WI tomorrow. Another wedding tomorrow evening. That is the third in a month. But I still weigh less than before I started the July 4 challenge, so I'm happy.

Ramra, I was too chunky for the hula hoop too, either that, or my stomach muscles always were lacking. lol

:wave: TTFN

Brooklynn
06-28-2012, 10:10 PM
breyers carb smart bars have been my best friends the last couple days! So very hot out and the kids are eating a ton of ice cream I needed a little help. They did put me a bit over 20 as I am counting the sugar alcohols too. Now I am just hoping I dont have a stall. I am down 3 more lbs now that af is officially gone!

I hope you all are doing well good job on the loses! Almost there!

Ramra
06-29-2012, 01:18 AM
It's midnight where I live, and I just got out of bed and binged on brocolli salad! It was incredibly yummy, but I went over my carbs by 6g, and my calories by 300.

No more getting out of bed to eat!

Serenity100
06-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Brooklynn, wtg on the 3 lbs lost. I have never seen the Breyers smart carb bars in my area, but I do eat SF popsicles, they are 0 carbs and are very refreshing in the hot weather.

Ramra, I do agree getting out of bed to eat is dangerous, but your confession of a binge on broccoli salad had me smiling.:D

Good news from the scale. Another 1.5 down. I managed to lose 4 lbs so far on the challenge. :carrot: I'll take it.

Have a great weekend. We can do it.

rho1640
06-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Globe --- coffee yummmmm. I am a coffee nut. I only normally have 2 large cups in the morning but I would love to drink it all day long .. I have some half-caff In case of emergencies - yep a coffee emergency it happens :dizzy: and yay on getting a good nights sleep - it takes time between excitement and all of moving in addition to time change and exhaustion. And you are doing great maintaining too!

Ramra - broccoli binge had me giggling too .. Getting out of bed to eat not so good ... Did you eat enough during the day and hunger just caught up with you? And most important how do you make your broccoli salad? ;)

Brooklyn maybe you will sweat out the difference from the ice cream .. I've been afraid to get that thinking I will love it too much - we do have sugar free Popsicles that I did when the last heat wave hit us. And it was a nice treat. On another site they were talking about putting a package of cream cheese in the blender and making SF jello and whirring it up in the blender and then putting in the fridge I may try that one soon... Sounded refreshing. I was wondering it the lime jello would taste like key lime pie?

Serenity - have fun at the wedding.. You are going to have wedding food down great by the end of the summer unless this is the last one for awhile ..

Ultra ... I got my new hoop yesterday and I had to ask for the next size down - still an adult hoop - because I didn't have room in my house to use the big hoop ... It is waaayyy harder lol. I laughed at myself last night - I would do six drop then maybe 8 drop then maybe 3 drop -- a couple of times I got up to 30 before dropping lol. I know I will get it - and I'm having fun and oh am I sore today - you really have to work the smaller hoop more. I should be getting 2 DVDs today and one on Monday to work with and get tips. My Instructor is away for two weeks (could I pick a time to start or what) and the week she comes back I may have jury duty ugh ugh ugh - I call the Friday before. The worst part is they don't even tell you where they say "all of Suffolk County". That could be extra sucky with distance and gas milage thrown in if I get picked.

On the next challenge - I think no matter what we should use the July 4th weight to begin and then decide what you want to do ...I am obsessive about daily weighing so I will continue doing that .. And I do my measurements once a month... So I will add in making an actual meal plan and shopping for it once a week to make it easier to make meals ... I tend to decide in the morning what I'm going to cook .. This will be a good habit to get in I think for me ..

I know when I've had struggles just saying that I would get thru the next meal on plan or today on plan and the next day on plan was a help to get back in to the swing of it... Maybe if you are making that a goal - have a pad that you can check off each meal and snack that was on plan for the day. I like making things games so doing that and putting a day star on the day would help me (and yes I would go out and buy gold stars and silver stars for days that was almost perfect .. Heck I'd probably buy a pretty new little notebook to do it in so I would have space to journal about each day)

We really need to keep fun in our lives and making this journey as fun as possible can only help .. So I play games with myself along the way.. Remember "growing older is mandatory - growing up is optional" let's find our inner child and celebrate her. Life is too short not to have fun!

So everyone think about their challenge for Labor Day.. Record your weight July 4th and that will be the beginning (I think we need to have a weight number to compare to at least) right now my challenge could be long if I break down all the things I want to do :^:

ultrapeaches
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
159 - I made my challenge goal. And, I'm on my period, so I'll probably lose a little more when that's over. Woo, I no longer have an overweight BMI and have less than 20 lbs to go!

Ramra
06-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Awesome stuff, ultrapeaches! You're getting close to your final goal.

The broccoli salad had baby broccoli florets, 3 cheese ranch, and shredded cheese. My boyfriend's mother made it and sent it home with him. D*mn that woman can make good food.

Today I worked it into my calories. I also went out and bought groceries; I walked 2 miles there and 2 miles back with 6 bags and a blender. I struggled. People stared. At one point my strapless dress fell down (glad I wear a bra!).

I made my first protein shake with ice, in a blender, and it was amazing! I can't believe I've been drinking it with cold water for so long. I'm getting chocolate next time and blending it with ice and coffee. Hurray for having summer treats.

I just weighed myself and got 146.5, but that will soon disappear as I'm expecting my period. I was supposed to have it around the 20th but it likes to come and go as it pleases. Doesn't do much for my peace of mind. I'm hoping to start our next challenge with 148.

Oh and they didn't have the 30 Day Shred at Walmart! I have it downloaded on my notebook, but it's TINY...So I bought "JM's Ripped in 30", and it looks pretty intimidating. I feel like I'm jumping a huge step. But even if I can't keep up, I will do my best, so there is progress to be made. Maybe I'll be "Ripped in 60". :P

rho1640
06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh Ramra you had me giggling with the strapless dress falling down... I'm sure carrying the groceries and thlender home was a struggle but think of all those burned calories ;)

Ultra - a huge loud happy WHOO HOOO for you! I'm so excited for you I could just dance :carrot::carrot:

Serenity100
06-30-2012, 11:30 AM
:dance:Doing the happy dance for Ultra!

Rho, is it hot out by you? Because where I am, it is going to be another scorcher today. The good news is it is so hot I don't even feel like eating. The bad news is that I make the heat a sorry excuse for not exercising.

I have made my mind up that I am not going to use "Fourth of July" food as a reason to go off plan. Plenty of delicious food I can it though. It is our tradition to have lobsters, and lobster with all the drawn butter I want is perfectly on plan.:D The only thing I'm going to miss is my pina coladas, but I'll stick to ice water this year. When you look up the carbs and calories for a pina colada it is shocking.:yikes:

Keep on doing it!

rho1640
06-30-2012, 01:29 PM
:dance:Doing the happy dance for Ultra!

Rho, is it hot out by you? Because where I am, it is going to be another scorcher today. The good news is it is so hot I don't even feel like eating. The bad news is that I make the heat a sorry excuse for not exercising.

I have made my mind up that I am not going to use "Fourth of July" food as a reason to go off plan. Plenty of delicious food I can it though. It is our tradition to have lobsters, and lobster with all the drawn butter I want is perfectly on plan.:D The only thing I'm going to miss is my pina coladas, but I'll stick to ice water this year. When you look up the carbs and calories for a pina colada it is shocking.:yikes:

Keep on doing it!

It's 88 but I'm sure it is hotter in by you - even Riverhead and Smithtown are usually hotter than us .. But it is HOT in my house for sure ..AC in the bedroom only :dizzy:

I'm making a smoked fish dip/spread for a BBQ we are going to tonight .. Its hot enough that The cream cheese gets warm enough to mix it up fast lol then it will go back in the fridge to chill ... I'm bringing my metal water bottle filled with water and ice and I can add more water as I need it .. And I'm really not too worried about eating because like you say it's too hot to care and by 5 it will be brutal I'm sure. I just had some leftover taco salad for lunch so I will probably be good if they have salad and a burger or hot dog ... And can ignore the rest of the stuff.

Lobster and a salad sounds great to me (just to have some veg in there lol) for the 4th of July ... Hubs is in charge of the fire department after parade hot dog party for the families that marched .. I won't be going and I won't see him much from tomorrow to the 5th I'm sure

Serenity100
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian peeps! Enjoy your celebration!

AnaBee
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
hi all, sorry I've been awol so long. I started having trouble with bingeing again and I needed to step back from any feelings of deprivation. And I know Atkins isn't supposed to be about deprivation but believe me, when my brain gets that idea, any restriction is. About 10-11 years ago I was bingeing very badly but never did so much with the purging so I felt like I was such a failure I couldn't even do bulimia right, but apparently the bingeing on it's own is now an eating disorder in it's own right. Meh. Anyway, I'm feeling much better now, in particular reading Brain over Binge by Kathryn Hansen has been AWESOME, her book made so much sense to me. I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm probably about 5 pounds up from where I was but I've been eating lots of carbs so a lot will be water weight. I'm heading off on my trip tomorrow - over your way, going to be in SF on the 4th - and being out and about all the time will be great. It sounds like you all are doing great and I'm up for the labor day challenge too :)

Serenity100
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Glad to see you Ana! I am glad that you were able to pick yourself up and continue on. I have days when I want to go back to bingeing also. I have come to realize that when I am very stressed out, I use binges as my go to medication.

Btw, I am going to San Fran too, will be there starting this Sat. evening. I have decided I will have a taste of some high carb foods, but not overindulge. Sourdough bread and chocolate are on my list.:D Oh, and of course wine.:) All specialties of the region.

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone! Keep on doing it!

AnaBee
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
thanks Serenity :) It really is like a go-to medication. But I feel good for not going down that path again.

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like you have some great plans :-)

Happy 4th everyone! I'll be flying tomorrow but I will think of my fellow 4th challenge peeps :)

StephanieM
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Ana, I've been bingeing too!

We've decided to spontaneouslly move because of our limited space, and are now on a search to find a place before the end of the month. On top of that, on Sunday one of the women in my moms group lost her little boy :( He was born two days before Sloane and there was an accident while driving in Seattle.

This is a memorial fund we set up for the family, https://www.wepay.com/donations/milo-fletcher-memorial-fund and here is the news story, http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2012/07/01/infant-killed-in-crash-on-i-82-five-others-injured

It's been a tough while, we are all very close in our group and she was a great mom.

sizzlingina
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Amen on the binging .. I did it Saturday night with one of the worst possible things.. sugar cookies. Ugh.

Needless to say I won't be making my July 4th goal. Weighed 223 this morning. Was shooting for 217. Maybe next challenge :-(

globetrotter74
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
hi all, sorry I've been awol so long. I started having trouble with bingeing again and I needed to step back from any feelings of deprivation. And I know Atkins isn't supposed to be about deprivation but believe me, when my brain gets that idea, any restriction is. About 10-11 years ago I was bingeing very badly but never did so much with the purging so I felt like I was such a failure I couldn't even do bulimia right, but apparently the bingeing on it's own is now an eating disorder in it's own right. Meh. Anyway, I'm feeling much better now, in particular reading Brain over Binge by Kathryn Hansen has been AWESOME, her book made so much sense to me. I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm probably about 5 pounds up from where I was but I've been eating lots of carbs so a lot will be water weight. I'm heading off on my trip tomorrow - over your way, going to be in SF on the 4th - and being out and about all the time will be great. It sounds like you all are doing great and I'm up for the labor day challenge too :)

Ana you have to take care of yourself. I've seen 2 of my friends suffer from bulimia and they still today go to support groups etc.. that book sounds awesome and I may read that myself.. hang in there :hug: and if atkins is triggering your bulimia then maybe you should take a break or find a plan that won't trigger your bulimia

globetrotter74
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Step that is sad about the little boy how tragic..I'm in Seattle now I will definitely read that article..

Everyone seems to be binging so maybe it is the stress :hug: well everyone have a great July 4th.. and just hang in there..

rho1640
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh my heart breaks for the family of the little boy ...

My hubs is in charge of the after parade hot dog party at the Fire House this year - so I will be going down there later today and I have made the decision that I am having a hot dog with the works! And I am really looking forward to it I must admit ...

Challenge wise - I gained since yesterday .. Lol I didn't go off plan at all .. But I did eat more than normal and it was clams baked with peppers, onion, garlic and bacon .. So probably a lot of salt in it too. Next challenge will be better .. I did lose some inches at least

How do you tell if you have pink eye? Something going on with one eye and it has been ages since I had that so I'm not sure.

Stephanie - Flylady has a good moving plan I think - so you are doing things little by little up to the move and not quite as much stress... I flutter along on there and keep hoping that it will make a difference - I need to get serious about it .. Good luck finding the perfect place

Ana you can do it - I wish I had some advice but I'm not familiar enough with binging to offer anything other than support.

gapeach
07-04-2012, 10:19 PM
HI all, short post, I didn't make the challenge but I did lose 6.4 so I will take it and move on.

I normally don't do this but I found out today that my mother may have lung cancer, we wont know for sure yet as she hasn't been to a real appt, this was just the emergency room nurse suggesting it. At any case she does have fluids around her lung and is having pains in her back, shortness of breath, and loss of energy and appetite. My family doesn't want to tell anyone about it yet until they know so I haven't been able to say this anywhere else. Prayers are welcome!

Serenity100
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Gapeach, prayers sent out for your Mom.

rho1640
07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Gapeach for sure prayers going out for your mom ... Please let us know how hints are going as she sees a doctor...

gapeach
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I will do, thank you ladies! She has an appointment with her general doctor tomorrow morning and we will go from there. I am going up (they are 4 hours away) on Sunday to spend a few days and we will just go from there. It's the not knowing that is the hardest, once we have some answers we can make plans and know what we are dealing with.

My mom is only 63 and a young 63, very active! It's just so shocking. Both my parents are dealing with their own mothers being in their 90's and dealing with issues that go with older ages. When my mom tells me about silly things my grandmother does I just laugh with her and tell her well one day I will have to do those things for you...now I am scared I wont get to complain about my crazy elderly mother!

Sorry for being a downer, just want answers....hopefully soon!

globetrotter74
07-05-2012, 01:29 PM
HI all, short post, I didn't make the challenge but I did lose 6.4 so I will take it and move on.

I normally don't do this but I found out today that my mother may have lung cancer, we wont know for sure yet as she hasn't been to a real appt, this was just the emergency room nurse suggesting it. At any case she does have fluids around her lung and is having pains in her back, shortness of breath, and loss of energy and appetite. My family doesn't want to tell anyone about it yet until they know so I haven't been able to say this anywhere else. Prayers are welcome!

gapeach :hug: you will be in my prayers. be strong because I know it isn't easy..
congrats in the 6.4 loss as well.. big hugs again:hug::D

Brooklynn
07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Well ladies I know this came and went and I have been MIA I wanted to stop and say I did make it.... then I cheated a little over the holiday and the rest of the week and now I am paying for it!!!!!!!!!!! MOODY BI**H! OMG and TIRED! and some weight back UGH! I am so POed at my self. But I am at it again I have to say cheating while yummy as it was SO NOT WORTH IT! Congrats to the rest of you who made it!! I was able to get back to 195 but I am stuck here BLAH!

globetrotter74
07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Brooklyn don't be so hard on youself.. the key is that you got back on plan.. if it was easy everyone would be thin.. I fell off the wagon a few times on my journey but I won in the end..

Brooklynn
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks Globe that makes me feel better I have been pushing really hard now that I am back on track!

CherryAutumn
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi. I am not a Carb counter though i do have to limit my carbs and I dont do atkins diet but i found your thread when doing a search on gallbladders. I have been diagnosed with Bialary Dyskezia(sp?) and i am debating having my gallbladder removed which causes me daily pain. The only thing is i have read of some people having unexplained weight gain that they cant stop after removal. Have any of you had this problem and is there anything you can do to stop or fight it? Was it worth having it removed? Do most people have weight gain as a side effect of having gallbladder removed? Thanks for listening.

rho1640
07-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I had my gall bladder out and after gained weight but I don't think it was because of that I had/have some other health issues that all contributed .. Also it was over years and I wasn't dieting then or I should say that when I did diet I didn't succeed .. My fault and the diet I chose fault not the lack of gallbladder :p

Edited to add - it was so worth it not to have pain!

CherryAutumn
07-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks rho1640 for reading my post. Anyone else have some experiences they could share about after gallbladder removal and wether it is possible to still lose weight? Thanks.:)