Exercise! - ApRiL WaLkErs

View Full Version : ApRiL WaLkErs

Justsecretgirl
03-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Hi I was posting in the Runners challenge but I decided I want to just be a "walker". LOL Kinda sounds funny!:dizzy: I would like to have a challange with anyone who is intersted starting now but really starting 4-1-03.
We can post how much we walk each day in this thread. Anyone who wants to post feel free! This could be fun! I post all my walking also in my journal. On April I want to start fresh with my miles at zero and see if I can do better on my miles than this month. So lets post away! Whoohooo!

3-24-03: 2 Miles :ink: :ink:

Justsecretgirl
03-25-2003, 09:36 PM
I hope some people join me! I had a good day and the weather is beautiful here in California today!

3-25-03: 2 Miles :ink: :ink:

melekalikimaka
03-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Hey Jenifer. I'm a walker too but I'm a creature of habit and do the same ole same ole each day, 3.5 miles, same route, same time of day. Someone on another thread has challenged herself to walk 60 miles a month, an interesting concept if you ask me. I'll check back to see how you're doing and to say hello. I didn't want you to think no one's listening out there :lol: . Keep walking!

Smiling Sal
03-26-2003, 05:39 PM
I walk too.

I set myself a challenge of walking 20 miles this week, have managed 11 so far and still have to Sunday night to go.

I'll join you in your April Challenge and log all my miles.

Am thinking of trying running - well a gentle jog, but thinking is all I have done about it. I enjoy my walks and it keeps me fit and gives me time for me, so why ruin it by running and getting back quicker - my reasoning and I'm sticking with it

4 miles walked today

Justsecretgirl
03-26-2003, 11:16 PM
;) Hello to everyone! I was glad to see some people joining this post! Whoohoo! :bravo: I am real excited about keeping in touch! I knew in advance that I wasn't going to walk tonight. I am a survivor fan adn I have to watch it when it is on! I usually walk the same 2 mile route Mele. I thought about making it a total of 4 miles now that it is Spring Time and stays lighter later!

No miles walked for me today! :moo: :moo:

FrouFrou
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Hope you don't mind if I join. I enjoy walking and I am totally up for a challenge.

I just started March 10 and am only walking a mile a day at this time but I am working up to more. I also ride a stationary bike but can't wait till the weather is nice to get out on a real bike. I thoroughly enjoy hiking and biking.

Anyway, you can count me in.:)

Justsecretgirl
03-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Welcome Cristi! Glad you stopped by and your going to join the fun with us! Well I have to admit I am being bad today and not walking. I got so cought up in watching the interviews with the soldiers that I just now got off the couch. I know that isn't an excuse! Well I will check in and hopfully have walked some next time I post! LOL Take care!:dance:

:snail:

FrouFrou
03-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi all!

Well, are you ladies getting ready for April 1st? I am getting psyched for this. Even though I am still doing a little over a mile a day I am working towards doing more. My goal this week will be to do 2 miles a day. I know I can do it. Jenifer, you mentioned you were a jogger and it made me laugh, not that you are a jogger but it made me think of myself jogging. I have never been able to jog, my body is like a big bowl of jello and EVERYTHING shakes and flops up and down.:lol: :lol: My boobs are not that big, but big enough that I can't stand them hitting me in the face!:lol: Just kidding, they don't hit me in the face.:lol: But do flop up and down. I think big boobs are so overated. I would rather be flat, okay maybe not flat but a lot smaller than I am. Okay, anyway I just wanted to check in. It will be late Tuesday (April 1) when I check in as I have to go out of town tomorrow and will be gone till Tuesday evening and I WILL get a walk in there even if it is midnight when I do it. Talk to ya later!:cb:

Justsecretgirl
03-30-2003, 08:11 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cristi You had me laughing so hard as I was reading your last post. I was trying to jog along with walking but I gave that up a week ago. I'm just not liking it. I really enjoy walking fast but not jogging. My husband said I give up to easy on things. LOL Well I am going to walk as much as I can for the month of April! Whohoo are we ready ladies? Gosh the weather here in California has been beautiful this weekend. My hubby left for nine days and I am not liking it. :cry: I'll be okay though. I took him to the airport early and then went shopping for flowers and came home and mowed the yard and planted. It was a good work out! I plan to go walking tonight when it cools off. I haven't moved my butt for walking in a few days! Yikes! I best get a move on things! LOL Take care!

Justsecretgirl
03-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Okay well I moved my butt last night 2 Miles and then tonight 2 Miles. So total for March walking is 28 Miles! So starting tomorrow I am going to log my miles again and see what I come up with at the end of the month! Anyone wanting to join in please feel free! I am pumped and very excited to beat 28 Miles! Have a great Monday night!

Total Miles Walked in March:28
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

snflwr
04-01-2003, 10:14 AM
jenifer, im new to the site, and joined 2day. would also love to join your challenge. im in ct and the we had snow yesterday, but it seems sunny out there today, so out i will go. thx for the invitation.

Lea79
04-01-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm new too ;). Today I walked for 40 minutes :dance: ! I think it's a good start :).

Justsecretgirl
04-01-2003, 10:04 PM
That is an awesome start for both of you! Welcome to the fun group of walkers! I need to get my butt up and do WATP tape b/c it is too dark to go outside. How is everyone doing on activity???? I will post later on tonight after I walk! Tkae care!

FrouFrou
04-01-2003, 10:35 PM
WELCOME Sandy & Lea! The more the merrier!:dance:

Very good start Lea!:bravo: Hey, any movement is good in my book, and 40 minutes is EXCELLENT!

I did good tonight, I think!:?: I was doing a little over a mile a day but since I didn't have a chance to get any exercise in yesterday I decided to push myself and do 2 miles this evening, actually 2.13 miles and OUCH! :stress: I'm either sore from not being used to doing 2 miles a day or I pulled something. I don't think I pulled anything, but my legs are hurting. Then on top of it I thought I would go ahead and push myself further and rode my bike.:eek: I did get a good workout though. I think I will stick to inching my way up to the 2 miles as planned, or maybe breaking it up and doing 1 mile in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening, we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to check in the FIRST day of the Month. Talk to you ladies tomorrow. :cb: (I love this dancing banana)

April 1-2.13 miles

melekalikimaka
04-02-2003, 01:06 AM
If you don't mind, I'm jumping in with you folks with a challenge of my own. I want to walk 65 miles in April. Today I did my regular route of 3.5 mi. in about an hour and 5-7 minutes. I need to get my pedometer reprogrammed since I had it in my purse one day and punched some buttons accidentally. I used to wear it daily on my route so i know what the mileage is. I also walk my son to school down the street on some days but it's only about a quarter mile if that, so I don't even count that. This goal should be a walk in the park, but I don't want to set too high of a goal and be disappointed in myself.

Everyone sounds really motivated to get out there and burn up the pavement. Let's do it! :cb:

Lea79
04-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Hello there!

I just came from my walk. I walked 3 miles in 1 hour (thats 185 calories burned :cool: ). This challenge is fun :) . Thanx for nice welcome!

Justsecretgirl
04-02-2003, 09:32 PM
:rolleyes: Okay so April 1 came around & I didn't walk, I jsut had so much running around to do for my trip. I waslked 2 miles tonight and I am leaving tomorrow but I plan on walking during my visit to my Moms. So I am not a totally loser. LOL :lol: Once I get back I am going to be kicking some butt! :jig: So I will be posting on Tuesday of next week when I get back! Have a wonderful weekend and post away! Whoohoo!

Total Miles for April: 2 Miles :ink: :ink:

FrouFrou
04-02-2003, 09:35 PM
WOW Lea, that is GREAT!:bravo:

WELCOME Noelle!:cb:

Just have a few minutes but thought I better check in. I will be going out of town (AGAIN!) tomorrow morning and I am going to try and get in a walk before I leave in the morning, at least a mile. Should be back Friday evening, possibly Saturday, not sure at this point. So, I will just have to work extra hard once I get back.

Anyway, tonight I managed to walk 2.23 miles. I actually broke it up into two walks, in between doing laundry. Again, I also rode my bike for 15 minutes. I feel like I HAVE to get that bike ride in also.:yes: So I guess I will talk with you ladies Friday evening.

4/2/03-2.23 miles
Total for 4/03-4.36 miles

FrouFrou
04-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Hi Jenifer!

I guess you were posting the same time I was. Hey that's okay about April 1. I know we all have busy days like that. Anyway, I just wanted send well wishes for you on your trip to your moms. Be safe and have a GREAT time!:balloons: See ya when you get back.

melekalikimaka
04-03-2003, 03:49 AM
Alright Lea, way to go!

Jenifer don't worry about the slow start, you'll have plenty of days to catch up after visiting w/your mom. Have a safe trip.

Crisiti any way you rack up the miles is good. You sound so motivated. Hope some rubs off on me--some days I have to really reach for it.

I did get my 3.5 miles in today, feeling pleasantly tired. Just wanted to post my mileage before hitting the sack. Sounds like everyone's well on their way. Let's do it.

Challenge Goal = 65 miles
Miles Walked = 7
Miles to go = 58

melekalikimaka
04-04-2003, 03:47 AM
Just a quick check in:

Miles walked today 4/3/03 = 3.5
Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 10.5
Miles to go = 54.5

Keep walking everyone. :)

melekalikimaka
04-05-2003, 01:08 AM
All by my lonesome :( ... just posting to keep myself honest.

Miles walked today 4/4/03 = 3.5
Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 14
Miles to go = 51

FrouFrou
04-05-2003, 02:12 AM
I thought I better check in tonight. Got back late and I am pooped.:tired: I didn't manage to get any walking done Thursday or Friday. Wednesday night I ended up staying up till 1:30 am and got up at 5:00 am Thursday morning to leave at 6:00 am, not good!:eek: Anyway, I wanted to check in even though I didn't get any walking done. I will be back on track tomorrow!:dance:

Sorry Noelle you had to post by yourself!:sorry: I'm back and will be posting everyday again. You have been doing FANTASTIC!!:bravo: Good for you! I've got some catching up to do.:lol: I'm afraid that won't happen (catching up to you), at least not for a while. I was doing just a mile a day till I came across this thread and thought I could push myself up to two miles a day, and I will slowly move up to three. I give myself credit for doing two.:cp: And I am very motivated. This site has been a real help.

Okay, it's getting late and I am very pooped.:tired: I will check in tomorrow.

Later:flow2:

FrouFrou
04-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Since I woke up still feeling pooped from my short little trip I didn't get much in the way of exercise done today, not much of anything period!:tired: Maybe I just slept too late. Sometimes sleeping too long does a number on me. Anyway, I forced myself to do a mile and figure that is better than nothing at all. I may try and do another mile before the night is over, we'll see. If not I will check back tomorrow. Take care.:)

4/5/03-1 mile
Total for 4/03-5.36 miles:cb:

FrouFrou
04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I thought I would check in even though no one else is.:)

Jenifer, I hope you are having a GREAT time at your moms!

Well, I did 1.05 miles today. I am going to try and get in at least a 1/2 mile in later. I don't know though as my favorite programs are on tonight. I love Six Feet Under and Queer as Folk! Anyway, I am pooped again, with trying to get laundry done, homework and spend some time on the computer. I also rode my bike for 15 minutes. Seems I can't walk without riding the bike also, which is good. I didn't drink as much water today as I have been but I did manage to get in 2 1/2 16.9 oz bottles, so that's not too bad. All in all I guess I am doing pretty good. I weigh in tomorrow and hopefully there is big loss. Funny, I don't feel like I have lost anything this week, hmmm, we will see in the morning.

Take care everyone!:cb: :flow2:

4/6/03-1.05 miles
Total for April-6.41

melekalikimaka
04-06-2003, 10:06 PM
just got back from a day in the sun. My DH and I brought our 4 y.o. to a local water park. All of us had a blast.

I got in a mile on Saturday morning then 3.5 miles this morning. Gotta keep moving as weekends are the hardest for me--so many temptations w/junk foods or fatty fatty BBQ's. When we got home today it started to rain :mad: . I did plan to go out for another walk this evening but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Oh yes, my WI is on Saturday's--lost 2 lbs since last week :cb: .

Cristi, do you have an exercise bike, like a recumbent or a regular one? That sounds like a little more fun than a treadmill. I have a treadmill which sits unused most of the time since I can walk outside most of the year. You're doing good on the walking, at least you're getting out there. I'll check back in tomorrow. Keep up the good work an good luck on the weigh-in.

Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 18.50
Miles to go = 46.50

Justsecretgirl
04-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Wow Hi everyone! I got back today! Well I had too much fun and no walking was done! LOL I got totally hammered on Satiday which is not like me at all. I did do a lot of line dancing! Hehee!
Noelle you make me so pumped when I read how much you have walked! I did get to move my butt tonight when I got home! Thanks goodness! Take care! I've got to get my walking in!

Miles Walked Today: 2

Total April Miles: 4

FrouFrou
04-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Forgot to post yesterday!:dizzy: Don't know where my head was. I also forgot to add my mile for the other night when I posted. Anyway...

Noelle my bike is just a regular stationary bike, nothing fancy, but I like it. I can get on that and ride like the wind and it seems I never get tired. It doesn't tire you out like walking, maybe that's why I enjoy it. Of course I enjoy bike riding period. The only bad thing is the seat, nothing like having this tiny hard seat sticking up your crack.:yikes: So I can only take 15 minutes of it at a time, sometimes 20. I have looked around for another seat (a padded one) and haven't been able to find one. I have to commend you on doing such a WONDERFUL job with your walking!:bravo: And your loss of 2 pounds!:bravo: YGG!

Eventually I will make it to 3.5 miles a day. I forgot to weigh in Monday morning.:mad: so I don't know what's going on there. I remembered half way through the day after two meals and lots of water so there was no way I was going to weigh in. I will just have to wait till next Monday to see what is going on there. As long as I watch what I eat and do my exercise I think I will be fine. Of course TOM is coming up and that scares me. :yikes: I sometimes gain up to 5 pounds, but I DO know that that is gone once it is over. I did get my walk in yesterday, 1.12 miles.

Jenifer, glad to see you are back!:cb:

You ladies take care and have a GREAT day! I will check in later tonight. :flow2: :flow2:

4/7/03-1.12 miles
Total for April-7.53 miles

TonyaLyn
04-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi!

I know it is past April 1st, but I would love to join you all. You seem like a fun group!

I am just getting back into the exercise mode. I have a treadmill but prefer to walk outside. Which, is what I am going to do tonight after dinner. Now that it is lighter out later, I can actually get home with the kids, do homework, fix dinner, and get outside!

My plan tonight is to walk our circle (subdivision) which is .5 miles around, 4 times for 2 miles. The kids are going to ride their bikes along side me.

So, this will be fun! I live in Wisconsin, which has a ton of snow right now, but by Thursday it is suppose to be 70 degrees, so it should be all gone.

I will check in tomorrow with my progress!

Keep up the good work! :)

melekalikimaka
04-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Welcome Tonya, here's wishing you lots of sunshine to come :flow2: . Just the state name "Wisconsin" makes me shiver :lol: . I've lived in Hawaii for most of my life so anything below 65 is cold for me :^: .

Welcome back Jenifer. Linedancing IS exercise so as long as you were upright and moving you're okay.

Cristi, I totally know what you mean about those skinny little bike seats. I had a mountain bike which I would ride about twice a year--I couldn't handle the seat. I did change it to a saddle (wider) type and put an additional gel thing over it--it still hurt my tailbone :shrug: . My husband "collects" Dyno brand stretch-cruiser type bikes which are not made anymore. I've got 4 of 'em taking up space in my living room downstairs and another 4 in our warehouse at work. 2 more in boxes and who knows how many more he's hiding from me :rolleyes: . He's ridden some of the bikes maybe 3 times at most but they're mostly just for show. I think I'm gonna claim a nice, shiny red one w/flames as my own :lol: . I'm sure if I mention to him that it's for my health and fitness he'll let me have it, ya think? Nah, I didn't think so.
Anyway, I did get my regular 3.5 miles in yesterday. It seems like a far distance but my sister (who's thin as a rail) is the one who makes me go and she walks the dog with us. Once we leave the house we just keep going until we make a giant circle around most of our neighborhood. It really helps to have someone to walk with definitely--and she walks faster than I do so I'm constantly pushing myself to catch up. I plan on another 3.5 tonight but will update my post then.
Miles to go = 43

Justsecretgirl
04-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi ladies and welcome Tonya! Wow I did do 1 mile today. I have been feeling extra heavey these past few days. My hubby comes home tomorrow after being gone almost two weeks and what a way to feel (real fat)! I hope I feel better in the morning. I am suppose to pick him up in the afternoon so I am going to leave work early. Guess I am having a bad day b/c I went clothes shopping & everything they sell clings to me and I hate that. I want comfort but cute. Things are made to tight even at the big womens store. Ughhh! Do any of you have that problem? Maybe it is just the style but I like to hide my chubby! LOL

Total Walked Today: 1 :ink:

Total April Miles: 5

FrouFrou
04-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Sorry for this short post but I said I would check in tonight, it's just I am very sleepy,:dz: I can barely keep my eyes open. I did get in my wlak this evening, 1.21 miles and I will add this in the morning. I just mainly wanted to check in and say Hi to all, and WELCOME Tonya! See you ladies in the morning after a good nights sleep, well okay after 5 hours of sleep. I have to get up early and it's already 1 am. Okay, I am outta here.

melekalikimaka
04-09-2003, 02:06 AM
:dancer: got in my regular route of 3.5 miles today :dancer:
Miles to go = 39.5

Justsecretgirl
04-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi ladies I didn't get my walking in today, but I will totally tomorrow. Just picked the hubby up at the airport and now we are setting up the new bedroom furniture! Whoohoo! Finally we got a dresser and bed set. Well I will post tomorrow! have a great night!
Take care!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

melekalikimaka
04-10-2003, 02:12 AM
:dancer: got in my regular route of 3.5 miles today :dancer:

Just noticed that I was a day ahead of myself yesterday (marked it as the 9th when it was actually the 8th :doh: (but I did walk on the 8th, I promise!)
Miles to go = 36

FrouFrou
04-10-2003, 11:37 PM
I thought I better check in since I didn't yesterday. I didn't get in exercise in today, I took the day off considering I was very busy. Of course now I am so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open.:yawn: I don't know what is up with that because normally I am up till 1 or 2 in the morning. Maybe it's catching up to me, staying up late and getting up early. Anyway, yesterday I did manage to do 1.80 miles. I definitely will do two tomorrow!:D I'll check back tomorrow ladies. Nighty, night.:yawn:

4/10/03-0
4/9/03-1.21
4/8/03-1.80
Total for April-10.54

(P.S. I forgot to post the miles walked and rather than edit my other post I thought I would add it all here.)

melekalikimaka
04-11-2003, 12:50 AM
Usual route done today but in the pouring rain. I walked with 2 of my sisters who bring their dogs and I just bring my umbrella. (Can't shield yourself from the raindrops w/a dog :lol: ) . I came home w/4 drowned rats from the looks of things. :D

Jenifer how's that new bedroom set? I have my eye on a platform bed with some dresser drawers built into the bottom...can't decide if I can fit it into my room or not.

Cristi, a day of rest is needed sometimes and I know how cranky I can be when sleep deprivation adds up. Just keep on keeping on.

Miles to go = 32.50 (woohoo halfway to goal!)

FrouFrou
04-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Just checking in with my daily total. Yippee! I did two miles like I said I would, actually 2.16 miles!:cb: :cb: I also got all my water drank for the day. I try to go beyond the 4-16.9 oz bottles of water but sometimes I just can't, so I am very happy when I get the four in.:) I don't think I made a goal for this challenge but I am going to now and post it. My actual goal was to do just a mile a day and if I did more then hooray for me. Because I do other exercise besides walking. So getting in a mile walk a day is good for me. But I will try to do more so on my challenge I will add a few more miles than just the mile a day.

Noelle~that is determination! Walking in the pouring rain, good for you. You are doing so well with your walking, I applaud you!:cp: :cp: :cp: For me trying to get the two miles in is a great achievement, and yet you do 3.5 everyday, that is GREAT! Those poor dogs, I bet they did look like drowned rats!

Yes, Jenifer how are you liking your new bedroom set? I have been wanting new bedroom furniture for a while but there is absolutley nothing wrong with the one we have, darn!:rolleyes: I guess I will have to wait a few more years.

You ladies have a great night. See ya tomorrow.

Challenge Goal~45 miles
4/11/2003~2.16
Total Miles 4/03~12.70 (I better get moving!)
Miles to go~32.30

Justsecretgirl
04-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Walked 1 Miles last night and nothing tonight! I am now going to join WW tomorrow morning. I did it last year and I have decided if I go there and do activity I shall lose the weight. I have to weigh in b/c that is more accountable for me. Does that make any sense??? :smug:
Have to tell you ladies I am enjoying the new bedroom set! LOL:devil: We ended up getting a sleigh bed with the matching dresser. Eventually I want to get the tall dresser and the mirror for the dresser I have. Very exciting! The room looks a little small now?
Well I need to get some rest before my long weekend of cleaning and organizing the garage so we can pull my car in the garage and the dh new motor cycle.
Have a wonderful weekend and I will let ya all know how my WI goes at WW! Chow! :) :) :) :) :)

Total April Miles: 6

melekalikimaka
04-12-2003, 01:18 AM
Checking in w/my mileage of 3.5 mi. (I told you guys I was a creature of habit)

Weather man says more rain is on the way but the sky was clear tonight. I may need new shoes once again (this pair I just bought in January) since I'm starting to get shin splints again. More stretching is in order but I really think the soles of my shoes are wearing down.

Hmmmm, looking forward to the weekend and just kind of not planning anything except for maybe taking my son to a neighborhood easter egg hunt tomorrow. That should be fun for him.

Well, I must be off to grab a shower. Have a great weekend everyone.
Miles to go = 29

melekalikimaka
04-12-2003, 01:27 AM
Hey Jenifer, we must've been posting at the same time. Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. Being accountable to someone is a great incentive to stay on track for sure. I know it helped me before (I did Jenny Craig and Nutri-Systems waayyyyyy back when) . Anyway, prior to October 2002, I was seriously thinking about joining WW but I didn't want to pay the $$$ --yes I'm kinda cheap :lol: . But I'm just doing it on my own and I've come a whole lot farther than I thought I would, just from using this website. Maybe if I hit a plateau for a while then I'll join a program of some sort or maybe even a gym. I'm supposed to weigh-in tomorrow for Gennel's 4 week challenge on the support thread but I'm most likely showing a maintain--better than a gain right? Good luck tomorrow.

Justsecretgirl
04-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Sounds like your doing great Noelle! Well I went to the meeting and I weigh more than I thought I did. Ughhh! So that will make me stick to it more. It is raining real good here today and for the rest of the weekend. Not very much fiun! I'll check in if I decide to go walk when the rain lets up!

FrouFrou
04-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Okay, I didn't have a chance to do Richard Simmons, couldn't find it. my daughter probably has it in her room. After spending too much time trying to find it I gave up on doing either tape, Richard Simmons or Denise Austin. I decided to do a walk and ride my bike. Got in a 1.33 mile walk and a 25 minute bike ride. I also drank my four bottles of water. Working on number five. That's about all I have to report. The rain is supposed to get to us by Monday, ick!

4/12/03~1.33
Total miles 4/03~14.03
Miles to go~30.97

melekalikimaka
04-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone, I got my 3.5 miles in today early. A bit cloudy but no rain as of yet. I'm feeling pumped!

Jenifer that's okay about weighing more than you thought, my scale at home is a little lower than my doc's office too. I have to calibrate it by making it stay at 4lbs instead of zero :eek: . I have 2 scales though, one dial and a newer digital one. I use my dial scale for the record since it's the one I started with and my hubby uses the digital. I've gotten him to be a daily weigher too :lol: . That is not a good obsession.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Miles to go = 25.5

Justsecretgirl
04-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Great job Cristi and Noelle! It has reained here none stop since yesterday, but it finally stop now so I am heading out for a 2 mile walk before it starts again!

Justsecretgirl
04-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Okay I just got back from a quick 1 Mile walk before it started to rain again. Kinda drizzled but I like it. I really want the rain to go away! Guess I can't complain though b/c this should be the last of the rain here in California.
Doing great on my WW points also!

Total Miles Today: 1 :ink:

Total April Miles: 7

Justsecretgirl
04-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Okay so I had another great day on WW! Whoohoo! I felt like I was actually eating a lot. After dinner I cleaned the kitchen and then asked my hubby if he wanted to go for a bike ride while it was clear out. We did! YiPpiE! :rain: I was so excited so we rode the two mile route that I do when I walk. It was very cold....brrrr! Just wanted to share with you all! Hope you all have a great week! :cb: :cb: :cb:

FrouFrou
04-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Just wanted to say Hi and check in. I haven't posted the last two days as I haven't done any walking or exercise. Back on track tomorrow.

Jenifer, good for you!:) I'm glad to hear you are doing good on WW's.

Gonna check a couple of threads and turn in early tonight so I will be bright eyed first thing in the morning.:)

Justsecretgirl
04-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Okay Just wanted to check in before I clean the kitchen and get ready for bed. I had a wonderful day OP with WW! I ended up getting my supervisor to go walk with me at lunch. She does weight watchers but hasn't stuck to it lately. I really hope her and I can work together on this. I'd say we walekd a mile.
How is everyone else doing? I need to get my Miles in before it is too late!

Total Miles Today: 3:ink: :ink: :ink:

Total April Miles: 10

Lets stay pumped! Whoohoo!:dizzy:

melekalikimaka
04-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Walked 3.5 miles today. Heading on out the door to check on an elliptical trainer that's on sale. I'm excited about that as it'll be something different that I can do instead of walking all the time. My hubby bought a home gym weight trainer setup over the weekend so maybe I can get into that too. :strong:

Glad to hear everyone's doing well. Keep walking!

Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 43
Miles to go = 22 :dancer:

melekalikimaka
04-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Quick check in...Only got in 1.75 miles today, had to cut it short since I was short on time. Going out tonight to see a boxing match, my neighbor's featured in the main bout. Go Hawaiian Punch Go!

Miles to go = 20.25

Justsecretgirl
04-15-2003, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone! Sounds like a fun night Noelle! I like watching stuff like that. I didn't get my walking in the way I wanted to. I ended up going shopping at the mall to find some jeans and work shirts. Did walking while doing that and had luck finding stuff! Thanks goodness! Well I will post tomorrow! Thanks for listening!

FrouFrou
04-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Hi guys, just a quick check in as it is late and I am very sleepy.:yawn: I did manage to get a 1.34 mile walk in this morning and a 20 minute bike ride.

Noelle did you end up getting the elliptical trainer? I had thought about getting one also, just haven't gotten around to it. Just wanted to see if you had gotten it and tried it out. If you do get one let me know what you think about it. Hope you have/had fun at the boxing match.

Ooooo Jenifer, shopping! I went the other day only it wasn't for me, darn. It was for my hubby's birthday. Well, I think mall walking counts for something so I would say you did get your walk in.;)

4/15/03~1.34 miles
Total 4/03~15.37
Miles to go~29.63

Justsecretgirl
04-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Hi! I am feeling good again today! I stayed within my points again! Great job on your walking Cristi. Speaking of birthdays my Bday is on the 22nd! I am going to be 28! Yikes that sounds weird! LOL :dizzy:
I ended up going walking tonight! Dh went with me and it was fun, he goes a lot with me and we enjoy it and talk a lot. Well it still is trying to rain one minute and the next it is nice out. Have a great Thursday!

Total Miles Today: 2 :ink: :ink:

Total April Miles: 12 :rain: :barbell:

Justsecretgirl
04-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Noelle~ Did you have fun at the boxing night???

melekalikimaka
04-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey girls. I got my regular route in of 3.5 miles tonight. When I got home the elliptical was set up and ready to go. I could only do 2 minutes before giving up (since I had just gotten back from my walk and was tired :lol: ) . I'm burning up the miles this month though. Maybe I need to up my goal next month, or alternate the walking w/the elliptical and/or the weights. :strong:

I did have fun(?) at the boxing matches last night. The main event featured Brian Viloria "The Hawaiian Punch" and he won by TKO in the 8th round. We're proud of our homegrown hero. My BIL bought a block of tickets and we had front row ringside seats. The fight is supposed to be televised on ESPN on Friday night. Look for me :lol: (I'll be the one wincing during the whole thing :lol: )

Miles to go = 16.75

FrouFrou
04-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Hi Ladies!:)

You are doing great Jenifer! WTG I miss walking with my hubby, he works so much on the days he does happen to be home early enough to walk he is too tired and I don't want to ask him. For a while we were walking almost everyday at the track at the high school.

Well, I managed to get a 2 mile walk in today. I still have a ways to go to make goal by the end of the month. See ya tomorrow!:wave:

4/16/03~2 miles
Total for 4/03~17.37
Miles to go~27.63

Justsecretgirl
04-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Hi Noelle & Cristi! Wow this is a really fun thread to keep us going! You both are doing an awesome job with walking! Oh and also a really awesome job keeping me motivated! Thanks a bunch! :) What is an elliptical? I am looking for something to buy that I can use at home instead of gettting a gym membership. My birthday is the 22 of this month and Dh wants to know what I want. I was thinking something geared towards helping me tone up. I have thick legs but want to tone them up a bit. I feel like my legs are my best quality. LOL :dizzy: Beside my personality. Hehehee! Oh and that smile I had to buy!!!!!! :lol: Well I am a little silly tonight! :lol: Talk to you all tomorrow night! I can't wait! TGIF!

Total Miles Today: 2 :hyper: :hyper:

Total April Miles: 14

T

melekalikimaka
04-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Hey girls. I walked my route of 3.5 miles and may jump on the elliptical after hubby gets off (he's used it more than I have so far). Jenifer, an elliptical trainer is almost like a stair stepper but instead of the up and down motion it has an elliptical :dizzy: motion (like you're running in place without your feet leaving the ground). It's a smooth, non-jarring motion and is easier on your knees.

I have thick calves too (and big thighs, butt, etc. ) but I have noticed the size of them has been greatly reducedwith all the walking. I don't think I'm gonna be doing a whole lot of leg presses with the weight set :lol: . I dunno, I would ask for some weights, maybe free weights that you could tone your arms with. The home gyms are getting pretty inexpensive too if you look around. I just hope we utilize it often when it finally gets assembled.

Anyway, gotta scoot for now and grab a shower. Does anyone else have the day off tomorrow?

Miles to go = 13.25

Justsecretgirl
04-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Wow that elliptical sounds like something I can really enjoy. I tried the whole running thing as you saw at my first post on this thread. it was very hard on my body. I would like to try one of those out. Do they sell them at most Big 5's. sporting good store. or just on line through companies? Let me know PLEASE! Well yes I have to work today on Good Friday, Home Improvement Stores are always open! LOL Have a great friday!

melekalikimaka
04-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Hey Jenifer. We don't have a Big 5 Sporting Goods store here but I got my elliptical from the Sports Authority for about $300. I see them everywhere, like Sam's Club or even Sears has them. I would totally recommend you trying it out first because they come in different stride lengths and you would need to find one that fits you. I'm only 5'3" and the regular full sized ones are way to big for me. I got one with a 17" stride length which seems to be perfect for me. They even make 'em w/a 14" stride which seemed a little short if you do it at a fast pace. I do enjoy using it though, I just need to get a little more coordinated. Of course the cost varies by brands (Nordic Track, Proform, Eclispe, etc) and what features the machine has...have fun shopping!

My husband gave me the "day off" (he's a plumbing contractor and I run the office) since it's Good Friday and our son doesn't have school, but he put it this way: "Why don't you take the day off? That way you can do some laundry." :rolleyes: Gee, I'd rather be in the office :lol: . Anyway, I got my walk in early this morning and have the wash going as I sit here typing away.

Cristi how's your day going? Anything special planned for this Easter weekend? Well, I've got to get up and get more done--putting on my domestic goddess outfit... have a great day ladies and I'll check back later. ;)

Justsecretgirl
04-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi! Wow I had another great day OP and can't wait to WI tomorrow at WW!
Noelle~ Thanks for the information about the elliptical! Sounds like a lot of fun, not bad on the prices also. I forgot you don't have the same stores we do here. LOL
Cristi~ How are you doing this good Friday? Your doing great on the walking! My hubby works a lot from the house so I manage to drag him out!

Well I will talk to you all later!

Total Miles TOday: 2 :cb: :cb:

Total April Miles: 16

FrouFrou
04-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Looks like you ladies are doing GREAT!:cb: :cp:

Yesterday was a very busy day!:eek: But I did manage a 1.68 walk, how I don't know, but I did! By the end of the day I was so tired and my feet hurt. I ended up going ot bed at 11:30 pm. this of course was after a couple of hours of dozing trying to watch tv.:tired: Now this morning I am trying to catch up on my e-mails and such. I always try to get in my computer time in the morning and a few minutes in the late evening. So, I will check in this evening to post my walk I do today.

Jenifer, glad to hear you are doing good with WW's. I too like it. It is fun trying to figure out the points for the day and what you are going to eat but once you get used to it it's not bad. it was definitely a challenge for me the first few weeks. My daughter said if she had to measure or count everything before she ate she would just give up. She thought it was just too much work.:lol: But she thinks everything is too much work. she was watching me count out fat free pretzels and fat free pringles. I usually bag them up in indivdual servings once I get them home from the grocery store.

Noelle, the elliptical definitely sounds like something I want to get, and I am hoping to once we move. And thanks for the info about them. I didn't think about them coming in different sizes. We are wanting to find a house with a basement to have a gym down there. We have the treadmill, stationary bike inside, and a home gym in the garage which is one reason I haven't used it much, especially when it is cold.

Wasn't that thoughtful of you hubby? Giving you the day off so you can do laundry!:lol:

Talk to you ladies later.

4/18/03~1.68 miles
Total miles 4/03~19.05
Miles to go~25.95 (I better get movin' only 1 1/2 weeks to go)

Justsecretgirl
04-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi ladies I have awesome news to report! Down 6 Pounds my first week on WW! I was like whoaaa baby! I'm a very happy camper this weekend! I will totally get my walking in tonight. I went and got a pedicure last night and I'm now going to get a manicure. Gotta keep busy! Did a littel cleaning aroung the house today and opened some windows to get fresh air flowing. Well I will post tonight after I walk! Hope you guys are having a great weekend! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm doing the happy dance! :dizzy:

FrouFrou
04-19-2003, 06:01 PM
CONGRATULATION'S JENIFER!!

Wow that is wonderful Jenifer! Way to go! Keep up the good work!:cb: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: Getting a manicure is a nice reward for losing 6 pounds! You deserve to do a happy dance, I'm doing a happy dance for you too! :dancer: :dance:

Okay, thought I would check in for the last time as I am going to see my son get baptized tonight at 7 p.m. then we will probably go out to dinner, just a quick bite since it will be late and this isn't starting till 8 p.m.

I did get in my walk and a 20 mn. bike ride and need to get in the shower soon, so I will talk with you ladies tomorrow. Have a GREAT rest of the weekend!

HAPPY EASTER!

4/19/03~2.18
Total Miles 4/03~21.23
Miles to go~23.77

Justsecretgirl
04-19-2003, 09:10 PM
:) Thanks Cristi! Sounds like you are having a very busy weekend! Hope you had a fun night with your son.
My dh had bought a motorcycle a couple weeks ago and actually got to go and ride it today b/c the weather was so nice. He and some friends went for about 4 hours. I got to surf the net and clean the house a bit. :yawn: We just got back from walking my regular route and it was still very warm outside. I love that Summertime is just around the corner! :) Well I hope you all have a great Easter! Take care!

Total Miles Today: 2 :ink: :ink:

Total April Miles: 18

I am kinda of on
:cloud9: from my WI!

Justsecretgirl
04-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Hi ladies! Even though it is Easter I managed to get my 2 Miles in today! I ended up making the Amgel Food Cup Cakes and they are yummy! My dh has eaten lots of them since this morning. I am getting ready to make Pork Chops, baked potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner. We have no family up here so I have no struggle on this holiday! :) I do miss my family on holidays, but not the food! ;)
Well hope you all had a great weekend! Can't wait to hear from you guys this week!

Total Miles Today: 2 :twirly: :twirly:

Total April Miles: 20

lilmoose
04-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Hello there,
I would like to join your group. I, too am a walker, and I love my treadmill as the weather where I live dictates that walking out of doors is not the best idea most of the year (unless you like walking in gale-force winds or snow or cold temps. :shrug:

So does anyone have a source they used to make their walking goals? Or is this "make your best judgement based on youself"? I will try for at least 5 miles a day, and I would like to walk at least 25 miles a week.:drill: :yikes: :crossed: :fr:

In Feb. I bought a new treadmill and I do love it, but I need to commit to a daily schedule. If I spend a little time at the start and the end of each day, I should be able to get through this without a lot of missed workouts. This is my attempt to start over at making a workout scheduled into my day each day all week, lifetime kinda stuff.

I've got about 60 lbs to lose, and time's wastin. I'm not getting any younger. OK. Hope everyone in here had a great Easter. I did. And no chocolate bunnies. :^:

OK, to recap. My mini-goal is 7 weeks away. I would like to walk 175 miles (only 25 miles per week) and I have no idea where that will get me with weight loss, but we'll see.

Later.

lilmoose:cool:

Justsecretgirl
04-21-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi Lilmoose and welcome to the April Walkers! We are a small little group that try and post as much as we can. I am glad that you could join us. We all have different goals that we have set. My goal this month was to walk more than I did last month. I am off to bed! Have a wonderful week! :)

lilmoose
04-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Okay, quick post. I love the accountability idea, it makes me feel like I am in this effort not alone. Boy, I was an English major, and that sounded backwards... There is definitely something to the idea of the "support group"!!

Okay. I had so much fun today on my treadmill. 6.02 miles
yay :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

If I am going to do this every morning it will take me almost 2 hours. But I have a tip that I thought I would pass on. I hear a lot of people comment that they don't like the treadmill because it is boring. Sometimes I have been known to feel that way myself. But today I think I had a breakthrough. I grabbed some of my fave CDs and walking to the songs that have a certain beat and tempo seem to keep me going-- I could have kept going, but I stopped b/c I have other things to do in my life (like go to work!) and I think I am going to brun a CD or two from my current collection that have that certain combo of tempo, beat, and fun.

My current recommendations:

Rebecca St. James has some good ones (Pray)
Shania Twain has lots (Feel Like A Woman is sooooo fun to walk to!)
Carman (The Standard)

OK, well, happy Monday everybody.

:goodvibes

lilmoose

FrouFrou
04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
WELCOME Lilmoose! Like Jenifer said we all make our own goals and try to stick with them. I too am a treadmill walker even though I prefer walking outside. I think I can walk A LOT further outside than on the treadmill. But don't care to walk alone and the wind here is horrible some days also. My treadmill is in our entry way in the living room right now, (we use the back door) and so it is out of the way and unless you look around, it can't be seen. But it points right at the tv so what I do is either turn it on MTV, BET, CMT or a good movie or talk show (LOVE Dr. Phil) and I watch tv while I do my walk. I'm a little slow and I try to do 2 miles a day, but it doesn't always work. I also try to ride my stationary bike or something else along with the walk. maybe that's why I don't push doing more than 2 miles. I'm trying though. Good luck with your goal of 25 miles a week! :) And GOOD JOB on your 6 miles today! WTG!

I was too busy for a walk yesterday, bummer!:( By the end of the day I just wanted to sit, and struggled to stay awake to do laundry.

Jenifer, my sons baptisim was nice! They had like a candle light vigil before the actual service and baptism, it was really nice, looooooong, but nice. WTG Jenifer on your 2 miles walked also.

Noelle is now MIA! Where are you Noelle? Hi, and I hope you had a great Easter.

If I don't get off this thing and get my butt in gear I won't make my goal this month! I'm getting worried I won't make it anyway!:( Okay, I know it's not impossible because there are 10 days left in the month and I need to walk about 22 miles. I will check back later this evening ladies. You ALL have a GREAT day today! :grouphug:

melekalikimaka
04-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey girls... We had a busy weekend with our entire immediate family getting together to take family portraits on Saturday (there were 21 of us total) then we went out to dinner. After dinner we did the egg dying thing and made some preparations for Easter dinner. When I woke up on Sunday I went for a walk w/my sisters but I was achy and dragging w/a sore throat. When I got home I took a shower and got back into bed, slept for 6 hours! My poor son opened his easter basket and my sister made him an easter egg hunt in the backyard. I'm still dragging today but I'm well medicated and coping.

Welcome lilmoose glad you could join us. We just make our own goals and help each other attain them. I'm an outdoor walker and have been braving the rain these past few weeks. My treadmill is sitting outside in my garage getting rusty (the poor thing). Anyway, glad you could join us and hope we can keep you motivated. I've done that CD compilation thing too and it does help, you have a bunch of your favorite songs and you just get lost in the music and forget about the drudgery :lol: .

Jenifer, WTG and BIG congrats on your loss! Awesome! I love getting manicures and pedicures too--and not just as a reward for lbs lost, i just get 'em just because.

Cristi, your son's baptismal sounded really nice. I've been pining for another little one myself...my "little" one is now 4 years old. I'm not getting any younger myself and I think it's high time that hubby and I get serious about it :lol: .

Anyway, I am at work right now but I had to catch up with my
stats since I've been slacking on my posting and journaling. Oh yeah, I'm down 2 lbs this week from last Saturday, putting me at 171 :dance: .

Miled walked Sunday 4/20/03 = 3.5
Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 59.75
Miles to go = 5.25

Justsecretgirl
04-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Well I just got back from my walk. I'm really enjoying the dh going with me being that he has been working from home. I am still on track with WW! Drinking a lot of water these days!

Glad to hear you back and in action Noelle! Congrads on your loss also! Sounds like your Saturday was filled with lots of family and fun! Hope that you feel better!
Cristi the treadmill is in the front entry :lol: that is too funny! Guess people feel obligated to use it when they come over! Just kidding! Keep up the good work on walking! I really need to focus each day till the end of the month on walking!
Lilmoose you rock on your walking WOw! Thats a lot of walking! Does it tend to give you more energy? How fast do you go? Keep up the good work!
Talk to you all later! Walk your butt off these last few days of April! Whoohoo!

Total Miles Today: 2 :goodvibes :goodvibes

Total April Miles: 22

March Miles to Beat: 28 :flame: :flame:

FrouFrou
04-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Welcome back Noelle! Sounds like you had a very busy Saturday with family. I would love to get my family together for a photo, of course I don't know if they could get us all in a photo, there's just waaaay too many of us. I bet it was interesting getting 21 people in a photo? I am the 3rd girl of 3 girls and 3 boys. Not too mention 16 nieces and nephews, and 11 great nieces and nephews and let me tell you when we ALL get together it is like a circus, just as fun as one too.:lol: Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good.:( Hope you get to feeling better soon. And CONGRAT'S on your 2 pounds gone forever!:bravo: I just noticed you have almost made it to your goal for April, that is greeeeeaaaat! WTG, you are doing mauvelous!

Yes Jenifer it is in the entry!:lol: It was the only place that was out of the way and I didn't want to put it in the bedroom as I have the bike there already. At least being in the living room it is not being used to hang clothes on. :lol: :lol: :lol: Also, it is one that folds up, but again where do you put the darn things?:shrug:

Anyway...I did get a 2.06 mile walk today and my 4 bottles of water drank. I honestly don't think I could drink anymore than 4-16.9 oz bottles of water. I have drank 5 a few times and that was pushing it. It fills me up and then I feel so full and bloated, and I really hate feeling that way. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

4/20/03~0
4/21/03~2.06 miles
Total Miles 4/03~23.29
Miles to go~21.71 (Gettin' there)

FrouFrou
04-22-2003, 01:10 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENIFER!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Jenifer.
Happy Birthday to you!
And many more...
:balloons: :hat: :gift: :hb: :gift: :hat: :balloons:

Okay, this wasn't planned I did not plan on being on 3fatchicks past midnight but since I am I thought what a better time to post Happy Birthday wishes for you to see first thing in the morning. Hope you have a very special day Jenifer!:balloons:

Justsecretgirl
04-22-2003, 09:12 AM
Wow you really made me smile Cristi! :) I am now doing the happy dance :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: I am 28 today! Wow that sounds weird! Thanks so much off to work I go now! Have a great day everyone!

It's my Birthday I can do what I want! :gift: :hat:

Except I shouldn't eat :hb:

:balloons: Bye Bye

FrouFrou
04-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi Ladies! and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY again Jenifer!:gift:

I am off to a good start this Tuesday, hooray for me!:cb: :cb: I actually go tup this morning and did my walk and bike ride and got it out of the way. I did 3 miles this morning and I rode my bike for 30 minutes, I am so proud of myself! I never thought I would get up to 3 miles!:lol: I also have had my 4 bottles of water. I just may get in 5 today, and I am eating all the right foods. I have dinner planned already so I will be under my points for the day. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY! I probably won't post again today, not sure. I have class this evening and I still need to get in the shower and will have to start dinner at 3:30 to eat early before class. I have tried just having a light snack before because there are times I am not hungry till later (I don't usuually cook till 6 pm) but that was not a good thing. So now I try to eat before I leave for class. Later...

4/22/03~3 miles
Miles 4/03~26.29
Miles to go~18.71 (Gettin' there)

Justsecretgirl
04-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Wow I had a good day! I got my walking in this evening after work and actually did pretty good food wise. At work we always have little parties. The girls were nice and instead of cheese cake or bday cake we had Angel Food Cake with strawberries and fat free ice creama dn fat free whip cream! I went over my WW points by 2 points! Whoohoo!

Total Miles Today: 2.5 (walked a new route)

:balloons: :balloons:

Total April Miles: 24.5

melekalikimaka
04-23-2003, 03:27 AM
Just checking in for today...Happy Birthday Jenifer :gift: :hb: :balloons: sorry it's a little belated but better late than never eh? Sounds like you had a great day. It's great that you've got support at work too, it's really tough to stay on track when others around you haven't a care in the world or worse, they try to sabotage you on purpose! :mad:

Woo-Hoo Cristi, you go girl :cb: . I'm getting tired just reading about your workout :lol: . I'm still a little lethargic myself but I did manage my regular walk this evening. If the weather would just get better, it's been drizzly for over a week now and tonight it's a little chilly for us (low 70's) :o . I need to shake this cold or whatever it is. I'm still hanging in there though, only a few more days left til the end of the month. I just calculated my miles and I exceeded my goal! :cb: Wow, I never really tallied up my mileage in any given month and this is an eye opener. I guess I need to set a higher goal for May. :^:

Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 66.75
Miles to go = -1.75 OVERSHOT!

FrouFrou
04-23-2003, 07:54 PM
I guess it's the weather, I feel so blah! It started raining this morning and hasn't stopped. I think it is supposed to continue till tomorrow afternoon or evening. Well, at least I did good yesterday.

Noelle WTG!! I knew you were going to pass your goal for the month. You have done so well all along.:cp: :bravo: :cp: Keep up the good work! Hope you get to feeling better.

Jenifer, glad to hear you did good on your birthday. Going over two points is not bad at all considering it was your birthday. Everyone has to have birthday cake and that angel food cake and strawberries sounds so good.

I did get my walk in today, 2 miles today, and a 25 minute bike ride. That's about all I could handle today. I know it's just the weather making me feel icky. I'll check in tomorrow. You ladies have a nice evening.

4/23/03~2 miles
Miles 4/03~28.29
Miles to go~16.71 (7 days to go...)

Justsecretgirl
04-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks ladies for your support! You both are very sweet! I hope that you start feeling yourself Noelle. Not feeling goood stink! :dizzy: The weather here is sprinkle here and there I don't think the weather people can tell us how it's going to be anymore b/c they are always wrong. :D So I am with your Cristi on the Blah! :p I got my walk in and hope to exceed my last months miles! Great job Noelle!!!!:) :) I really enjoying posting here so we can just change the nameif you ladies want to still stay in touch for the next month??? What do you think??? :?: Well I have a lot of things to do around the house! Talk with you later!

Total Miles Today: 2 :wave: :wave:

Total April Miles: 26.5

FrouFrou
04-24-2003, 02:03 PM
I had gotten up and decided today would be a free day but I went ahead and did a 1 mile walk anyway. I think I have been walking enough that it is a routine now and I feel odd if I don't at least do 1 mile, so I did.:) I may end up doing another mile later on, not sure.

Jenifer, I am up for a May challenge, just changing the name, making a new thread or whatever it is you want to do.:) I am SOOOOOOO glad I joined this thread/challenge because had it not been for you ladies I may not have walked nearly as much as I have, I know I wouldn't have. You ladies kept me motivated and kept me going even when I didn't want to. So, yes I am up for another monthly challenge.

I will check back later this evening. Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

4/24/03~1 mile
Total Miles 4/03~29.29
Miles to go~15.71

FrouFrou
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Okay, didn't get another mile in but that .71 was really bugging me so much I had to make it an even 15 miles to go, and 30 miles for April. So that is what I did, .71. Nothing else new with me. Hope you ladies had a WONDERFUL day!

4/24/03~.71
Miles 4/03~30
Miles to go~15 (Getting down there, slowly but surely)

melekalikimaka
04-25-2003, 03:42 AM
A late check in for me...got my regular route in today 3.5 mi. as well as the same for yesterday. I've got the exercise part down pat, now if i could just keep the eating in check :lol: .

I'm all for continuing another thread for May, just name it and I'll be there. Need to think up a tougher goal. I want to see how many miles I actually log this month though, before shooting my mouth off :D . I like this thread too, even though I've been a little slack w/my posting... You gals are doing great though, and helping to keep me motivated as well. Thanks!

Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 73.75
Miles to go = -8.75 OVERSHOT! :cb:

Justsecretgirl
04-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Hi gals! Well no walking for me yesterday had to work out of town so my day was kind of crazy but fun! I did walk tonight when i got home from work! :) :) I have done okay this week on the Weight Watchers Program. I am going to weigh in tomorrow even though TOM is visiting. Ughhh! Most of the people on WW say they gain during that time and lose the next week. I hope I lose and then lose again! :lol:
You both are doing great on your walking! I need to walk some more! :dizzy: I am glad you all are up for a challenge! Whoohoo! How bout "May Flowers" Thats what we can call the Post for next month? Any votes? Let me know! :flow1: :flow1:

Total Miles Today: 2 :flow2: :flow2:

Total April Miles: 28.5

FrouFrou
04-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Hi Ladies :flow2:

Noelle, you have done an EXCELLENT job this month! WTG!:bravo: And you're still going!!!! :cb: You are making me tired! :lol:

Jenifer, you are doing GREAT also! :bravo: Good luck with your WI tomorrow, sending you some good vibes. :goodvibes :goodvibes
Hey, :flow1: May Flowers :flow1: sounds good to me.

Well, I was a bad girl today. :( I didn't get my walk in, so now I have to get down and dirty tomorrow. I was so busy today, one of the reasons for being on here this late, I just didn't have time. I know that's no excuse. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on track. Okay, I'm outta here. Till tomorrow...:flow1:

Justsecretgirl
04-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok I am so pumped! I lost 3.6 this week! I thought I had a gain between my birthday and Easter! I"m down to 207.4!
:cp: :cp: :cp:
Onederland is right around the corner! :) :) So I have been just happy as can be. I put a pot roast in the crock pot and thats what we are having for dinner b/c it hasn't been the best of weather. The sun is shinning but that doesn't mean anything these days! :lol: :lol: Hubby is mowing the lawn and I am going to be going on my walk soon! :cb:

Posting here almost each day really helps me stay motivated & on track! I wanted to THANK YOU both! :dancer:
Ok got my walk in this evening finally! Yababy!
Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 30.5

Ya I did it I walked more than last month! Whoohoo! :yes:

LoseForLife
04-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi, my name is Lynne and I'm from Australia.

I used to be a member of WW, but haven't been since getting pregnant and having a baby girl.

Now I want to get back on track, but can't afford to attend meetings so am monitoring my weight and progress from home.

If you don't mind I'd like to join you for my weekly exercise and weigh in, as well as generally being part of a group that is keen to monitor exercise and set goals.

I managed to lose weight while I was pregnant (not intentionally!), so I'm now 6 kilos lighter than when I got pregnant. (That's 11 pounds) I've got 35 kilos to lose, currently weighing 105 and wanting to get down to 70 kilos (154 pounds).

My goal for this week is to lose 1 kilo, and be down to 100 kilos by the end of May.

I'm not sure how far I go when I walk. I'll make it my aim to measure it today. I walk for about 20 minutes at a brisk pace... I'll also have to find out the conversion from kilometers to miles, so I can make sense to you! :lol:

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers
Lynne :hyper:

Justsecretgirl
04-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Hi and welcome to the group Lynne! We are always looking for new friends here in 3 fat chicks! Glad you could join us!

FrouFrou
04-26-2003, 11:41 PM
WELCOME LYNNE! :balloons: Yes, we love new members and hope you stay!

Jenifer, WOW! You go girl! :cb: :bravo: You are doing GREAT with your weight loss! Woohoo, keep up the good work.

I had a pretty good day today. I managed a 3.5 mile walk today! Woohoo! :cb: Noelle I don't know how you do it everyday, or almost everyday. That is a first and may be a last, hopefully not. :shrug: I also drank 6-16.9oz bottles of water, ICK! that definitely was a first and most likely will be a last. I have never drank that much water in my life! I'm hoping to see a loss when I weigh in Monday morning. I was going to go with Saturday weigh ins but decided since I have been doing it on Monday for so long I will stick with that. That's about all I have for now. I will check in tomorrow.

4/26/03~3.5 miles
Miles 4/03~33.5
Miles to go~11.5 and 4 days to get it done!

LoseForLife
04-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi again

Thanks for the welcome! It's soo good to be back into the swing of it all again.

I'm logging in to report that I walked just over 1 mile in 20 minutes today. Certainly small bickies compared to you Cristi!! What an impressive walk! And lots of water too - woo hoo! :D

I also worked in the garden for 1/2 hour, so probably really feel it tomorrow!

Later
Lynne :wave:

FrouFrou
04-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Lynne, good job on your walk this morning! :bravo: And gardening, now that is a work out! I love to garden but haven't done much in the past few years.

I did 1.50 miles this morning and will finish after lunch. Lynne, Noelle is the walker here. She has done 3.5 miles everyday I think or almost everyday. She has done FANTASTIC with her walking. Her and Jenifer are keeping me motivated. Me I am only trying to make my goal and let me tell ya, 3.5 miles is KILLING me! :yikes: My original goal was to do a mile a day and I felt like a slow poke compared to Jenifer and Noelle so I upped my goal and with a few free days in there I thought I wasn't going to make my goal. So basically I am playing catch-up. For May's goal I will try to throw some 3 mile walks in there, I don't know how often that will happen though.

Well, that's about all I have for now ladies. I will check in later this evening with the total for today. Later...:grouphug:

Justsecretgirl
04-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Hi ladies! Hope you all are having a good Sunday! I haven't got my walk in yet. I have been organizing my closet and getting out the shorts for summertime. Half of my shorts don't fit though! ughh! They should within a couple weeks.
:cp: Glad you could join us Lynne! Your doing great! Yes the walker is totally Noelle......she rocks! :dance: :dance: We all try to stay motivated though! Whoohoo! WIll post when I get on later!

Justsecretgirl
04-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi ladies! I just got back from my walk and I am now making Taco Soup! I Cup=1 point! Gotta love that! Also my new thing today that I am working on is building a web page. My dh is a computer programmer and he also has done web pages so he helped me get started. It seems like a lot of fun so far. I do have to hook the scanner up to get some pictures. As soon as I have the web site running you all will be the first to know! Have a good week!
Cristi~ let me know how your WI goes!
Noelle~ Come out and play where ever you are! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 32.5

FrouFrou
04-28-2003, 12:19 AM
OMG!!!! :eek: I hope you ladies are sitting down because I am. :lol: I walked 4 miles today! I am so proud of myself and sooo tired! :dancer: :dancer: :tired: I NEVER thought I would do 4 miles. Of course it was not all in one time, I have to break it up into two walks. That would literally kill me, walking 4 miles at that pace. I have walked more before hiking but not at this sort of pace. I'm just so happy that I am going to make my goal, woohoo!:dancer:

Jenifer, you are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work!:cp: :bravo: Have fun with your web page and make sure you let us know when you have it done so we can take a peek. I thought about doing one, but instead I am doing a scrapbook. I got into scrapbooking a couple of years ago and really enjoy that. I should just do a webpage it would be A LOT cheaper than a scrapbook. And that Taco Soup sounds delicious! Yummy.

Noelle, we miss you. :frown: Hope you aren't feeling too bad. I remember you weren't feeling too good a few days ago, I hope you didn't get any worse. Sending some good vibes your way. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Talk to you ladies tomorrow. Nighty, night.

P.S.
Oooops! I forgot to post my miles. :dizzy: I'm tired, what can I say.

4/27/03~4 miles
Miles 4/03~37.5
Miles to go~7.5

LoseForLife
04-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Hello again.

Cristi, I'm sooo impressed! Question is, will you be able to walk tomorrow? :lol: I'm stiff, and I didn't even do 1/2 of that! :D

I did 1 1/2 miles in 25 minutes today. That's my "long" walk, which isn't too bad considering I had a caesarian 2 months ago! Still feeling like I'm "waddling" half the time!

Jenifer, my dad is a computer programmer as well, but I've never got into web design. I've always wanted to check it out, but never had the chance to learn.

What do you base your mileage goals on? Something you've worked out personally, or did you get the information based on averages and expectations of persons with particular weight etc?

I'll start counting at the beginning of May, but I'm curious as to what type of goal I should aim for. I don't want to push myself too much, as I haven't exercised properly since before I got pregnant, and don't want to burn myself out!

Speak to you later.

Lynne :wave:

melekalikimaka
04-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Hey ladies, I'm back! I didn't have access to my computer this weekend since we rearranged the living room to get my hubby's home gym in place--everything was in disarray and now the gym is in the house (still in boxes mind you, but still, in the house :lol: ) . I'm feeling a tad bit better, no more headaches but this sore throat still bugs me. I'll live.

Thanks for the kudos regarding my walking but the truth is, I didn't walk for the past 3 days! (Gasp!!!) That's the longest time off I've spent since I started walking for exercise in October! I took my son to a b-day party on Friday night, Sat/Sun was spent cleaning and rearranging the house, Sunday afternoon I went to a friends wedding. It's Monday so it's back to the old grind of diet and exercise.

First of all, welcome Lynne to our little group. We are definitely helping each other out. Secondly congratulations on your new daughter, how sweet! Thirdly, how'd you manage to lose weight while pregnant? That I'd like to know since I'm thinking of starting on baby #2 real soon...that would be a plus to lose some lbs instead of packing some on while pregnant. Do tell! As far as personal goals for walking, I just grabbed a number that I wanted to shoot for, which was 65 miles--easily attainable if I did my route only 5 days a week. My normal walking route is 3.5 miles which I would do 5-6X a week. This month though, I walked almost 7 days since I have a sister or 2 that comes along. Having a walking partner or even a few buddies helps tremendously when you don't feel like doing it alone. Good luck on your journey--if you need inspiration or encouragement, look no further than this site. :goodvibes:

Cristi, AWESOME job on the 4 miles...Do ya feel it in your legs? I like that pleasant achy feeling myself. You go girl! :dancer:

Jenifer, WOOOOHOOOO on your 3.6 lb loss! :cb: You rock.

OK Ladies, just a few more days til the end of the month, let's get some miles in. Until May, walk on!

Justsecretgirl
04-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear from you Noelle! Sounds like you got your exercise in even if you didn't do your walk. When I tear my house apart and rearrange things I get a workout! Good for you!
Yes Lynne do tell us how you lsot that weight! I plan on losing weight and then my dh and I want to start a family. We have been married for 8 years! It is totally time!
Cristi your kicking my butt! Great job!
I am kind of made at the weather here in Ca. It is sunny and then starts to down pour! I want to go do my walk, but might have to do WATP tape. Who knows!
Talk to you all later!

:) Just got done with my walk so I did an edit! Whoohoo!
Total Miles Today: 2 (WATP)
Total April Miles: 34.2 :cb: :cb:

FrouFrou
04-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Lynne, I feel like I am ready to drop dead! :yikes: And my feet hurt! I know this won't last much longer. I am trying to make goal and then I can relax. WTG on your 1.5 mile walk today! And yes CONGRATULATION'S on your new baby! :balloons: I would have to say you are doing wonderful for just having a cesarean 2 months ago. About the goals, mine is something I worked out personally. I don't normally do 3 or 4 miles, it's a killin' me! :lol: But now that I know I can do that much I will probably throw in a 3 or 4 mile walk in there every now and then. I will probably stick with a 2 mile a day walk because I also want to ride the bike and do the pilates that I haven't gotten to yet.

Noelle, GLAD to have you back! Well, although you didn't walk you still managed to get a work out. So that's good! And YES, I do feel it in my legs. I have to say the achy pain does feel kind of good, but I am getting a blister on my toe. :lol: No pain, no gain!

Good job Jenifer on your 2 miles! :bravo:

Well, I weighed in today and am down 2 pounds! I am pretty happy about that, considering my goal is a pound a week. I also got my walk in, 3.5 miles and 5 bottles of water drank. And now I am pooped and am going to bed! :yawn: :yawn: Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

4/28/03~3.5 miles
Miles 4/03~41
Miles to go~4 (Woohoo, going to make it! :dance:

melekalikimaka
04-29-2003, 02:03 AM
I got home from work a little early today and while waiting for my sister to arrive I figured I'd give the elliptical a shot. I turned on my CD player and went for 15 minutes--10 minutes more than I thought I would've lasted :D. Then the electricity went out and there went the fan (yes, I have the fan blowing on me while I workout :lol: ) and the music. So I hopped off the machine. Oh boy my legs felt like rubber! I still planned on going for my walk so I had to really stretch my legs out afterwards. I'm hoping to build up some stamina on that thing since it's definitely working different muscles (thighs especially) which I didn't know I had--or don't feel like when I'm walking.

Cristi good job on the loss! :cb:

Jenifer 2 miles walking away those pounds--cool! I tease my hubby that it took him 9 years of trying to get me pregnant (haha)--in actuality we've been married 8 years but we've been together for 14 :eek: . Feels like forever some days :lol: .

Lynne give that baby a hug from me. I love babies :bb: ...can you tell my clocks ticking very loudly? :lol:

Anyhow, 2 more days of April left. Let's keep walking! :dancer:

Miles to go = -12.25 OVERSHOT! :cb:

LoseForLife
04-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Hi!

Done another 2.6km walk. It's funny, cos I felt like I was walking a bit slower today cos of being so tired after an unsettled baby night last night, but still managed to do it in 25 minutes! You know, when your legs don't quite feel attached, and you're not sure if you're moving much at all? :lol:

I really don't know how I managed to lose weight when pregnant. When I had my first, I gained 14 kilos, which is about average. I was really upset when I got pregnant again, because I weighed 111 kilos, and really wanted to knock at least half my excess weight off before being pregnant. However, in the first couple of months I felt quite sick, so wasn't eating as much as normal (which tended to be too much), and then after that, I think a lot was just good eating, provided by a wonderfully supportive husband who loves to cook. I didn't exercise, which was wierd too. But I basically stayed the same weight for almost the whole time, until about the last 2 months. So after having Becky, I found myself LESS than what I was when I started! I really think the main thing was the better eating, and less of it because I couldn't eat too much without feeling sick. Whatever the reason, I LOVED IT! I had some snobby doctor try to look her nose down at me and give me lectures about not gaining too much weight, and how I should look after myself, and Marc and I kept saying we would have loved to gone back to her later on to say "HA! CHECK THAT OUT!!"

Cristi, I see what you mean about your walks, and I'm still very impressed! I think if I make my goal to be at least 2.5km per day, that works out to around 77km for the month of May (about 45 miles). With good eating, I think that will help me get to my goal weight for the end of May. I'm aiming to lose 1 kilo a week, which is 2.2 pounds.

I'm off to bed, catcha later :D

Justsecretgirl
04-29-2003, 08:04 PM
You all are doing so great!
Cristi~ 2 pounds is AwEsOmE! :bravo: Your doing great on your walking! WHoohoo!
Lynne~ When I lose what I can and get prego I hope I don't gain a lot. I have changed my eating very much since in Weight Watchers. I don't just eat anything now I think about it first! Your doing really well on your walking also! Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight! :twirly: :twirly: I know with a small one it is hard though.
Noelle~ I am still looking to buy one of those. How are you liking it so far? You really work your butt off with your walking and now a home gym! Whoaa baby your motivated! :hyper: :hyper:
I am going to try and get my walk in tonight. I just got off work and want to go relax a bit. Had kind of a stressful day on my hands. Talk to you ladies later!
OK just updated my miles! YA! I feel good! Nighters!
Total Miles Today: 2 :cb: :cb:

Total April Miles: 36.5

FrouFrou
04-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi Ladies and THANKS!!

Sorry for posting so late! I had class tonight and didn't get home till a little after 11, one more class and then finals, yippee. :dance: I was so busy today just didn't have time to get on the computer. I did get in a 3.5 mile walk and a 15 minute bike ride. I have been walking so much the last few days I haven't gotten on the bike much. Sorry to make this so short but I am pooped and it is 1 in the morning and I have to be up early. So I will check in tomorrow sometime. Everyone take care. :grouphug:

4/29/03~3.5
Miles 4/03~44.53 (So close!)
Miles to go~.47

lovnmom
04-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Lynne, Jenifer, Noelle, and Cristi, I am new to 3Fc forum and I've been sneeking peeks at your posts for the past week. I have to comment that you guys just rock. You are so supportive of each other
:) I took a total down fall from exercising the past 6 mths. (personal issues I wallowed in rather than taking care of myself ) I'm toally psyched by reading all of your personal successes.:dizzy: Thanks for being here and helping me remember it can be done:cb: Once again cudos to you all.

Kristi

melekalikimaka
04-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Hey Kristi, glad we could be an inspiration. These gals really keep me going too. You're welcome to join our thread, I think we'll be starting a new one tomorrow for the month of May~~right Jenifer? If walking's your thing, come along with us.

Cristi, WOW you're really pushing yourself and that's awesome. You'll get that goal this month, I know you will. It makes it especially great since you'ved been working so hard to achieve it :goodvibes: .

Jenifer, have you asked WW if they have a plan during pregnancy? I think it would be totally doable to stay fit and not gain a crazy amount of weight while pregnant if following WW (this of course coming from me who gained 40 lbs when the OB/GYN told me only 15-20 :lol: ) . Right now I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant the first time--and I weigh less than my driver's license (isn't that a hoot?) . Oh yeah, I'm warming up to my elliptical little by little. Don't think it'll surpass the outdoor walks for as far as enjoyment but it does work my thighs a whole lot better. Home gym is still in boxes, waiting for the assembly genie to appear I guess.

Lynne how are you doing today? I remember my son started sleeping through the night at around 3 mos--you're almost there my friend, almost. Extra pats on the back for you for getting out there and walking while sleep deprived. :bravo:

I got my regular route in yesterday 3.5 miles. Then after dinner I had a little binge session--attack of the cheese stuffed breadsticks and 2 malassadas (portuguese deep fried donuts rolled in sugar) :ink: . Back on the wagon for me today. I'll update my final totals for the month tonight. Keep it up girlfriends.

Miles to go = -15.75 OVERSHOT!

lovnmom
04-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much for the offer. I'd love to join your thread and your challenge. Do you set a goal for the whole group to hit or do you set individul goals?:?: I really want to be accountable to someone other than myself, but I'm totally not ready for a comittment like yours:( My sister went through cancer treatments this winter and with no husband I was not only her driver, but her support. My church, which I truly rely on, went through some huge changes. Add the winter blahs :dizzy: which tend to set in anyway andI really had the table set for overeating and feeling sorry for myself:( Until last week I had actuall not exercised for 6 mths. A total gain of 16# later I'm ready to quit feeling sorry for myself and get out there and take care of me instead.
Once again thanks for the offer and the encouragemnt I've received so far:D

Kristi

FrouFrou
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM
WELCOME Kristi! :balloons:
And THANKS! Glad we could help inspire you, and glad to have you aboard! :flow2: :sorry: Sorry to hear about your sister, ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to her and you.

As far as the goals go we all make our own goals on what we think we can do or want to do. And let me tell ya Noelle is the walker of the group! She has done an excellent job! I have done some 3.5 mile walks the last few days and I want to tell ya I don't know how she does it almost everyday. I applaud her for a job well done! :cp: :cp: :cp:

We all have done a great job as far as that goes. Jenifer has met her goal as have I. I think we all kept each other motivated, I know they definitely kept me motivated because I haven't walked this much in such a long time. So, don't feel like you have to keep up with us. Just figure out what you feel you can do and go for it. We're here for ya! :grouphug:

Lynne, hope you are having a great day, you too Jenifer.

Well, I did get a 2.5 mile walk in today. I just couldn't do any more than that. I also rode the bike for 15 mns. I don't know why but today I have been dragging, all day! I hate that. I so wanted to get another mile in. But that's okay as I did make my goal, actually passed it by 2 miles, WOOHOO! :cb: :cb: The woohoo is for actually making my goal, not the extra 2 miles. Now that I am getting the exercise down I NEED to start on the eating part. For the most part I have done okay this week.

Okay, tomorrow is a NEW day and a NEW challenge ladies. Are you ready?

A big WOOHOO, WTG, & CONGRAT'S to US, Jenifer, Noelle & Me (Cristi) for making our goals!! :high: :cp: :bravo: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :high:

Talk to you ladies later or tomorrow. Take care. :grouphug:

4/30/03~2.5
April Miles Total~47.03
April Challenge~45 miles (over by 2.03) :dance:

Justsecretgirl
04-30-2003, 11:51 PM
:balloons: WoW! Just wanted to say how awesome we did this month! You girls RoCk!!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: I just got done with my last walk for the month!
Welcome kristi we would love it if you would join us for May Challenge! New faces are always welcomed here!

Together we walked a total of 166 Miles! :o :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: We're ON FiRe! Ya!

I am very tired tonight so I will post tomorrow! Nighters to you all! Lets get pumped & ready for MaY FloWeRs!
Total Miles Today: 2 :flow1: :flow1:

Total April Miles: 38.5 Ya!
Last Month Miles (March): 28

I feel so good! YES!

melekalikimaka
05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey this may be the last post for this thread as we head into May...I got my regular walking route in today 3.5 more miles! Bring me to my final tally for April of 84.25 miles walked. WOW! I amaze myself, I had no idea I put that much mileage on my feet and sneakers :lol: . I wish there was a magic formula that could calculate if you walk "x" amount of miles, you add "y" amount of days or years to your life. Wouldn't that be something? The main thing is today I feel great--not sluggish and fat, but rather healthy and energetic--and that's saying a lot from my REALLY sedentary days prior to October 2002. Woohoo!!!!

Thanks again gals for all your support and motivation. Let's do it again in May!!!!

Miles to go = -19.25 OVERSHOT :cb:

LoseForLife
05-01-2003, 08:03 AM
You guys are amazing! WELL DONE on such great results for April. I'm looking forward to helping add to the total for the end of May!

So far I've done 2kms, which was a walk to the hairdressers and back. Desperately needed a cut, as I haven't had one since before Christmas.

I have to keep this short, as I'm off to bed, but didn't want to go to bed without saying hello! And hi to Kristi... I've only recently joined this group, and I'm as impressed by the support and motivation as you are. It's been ages since I've been in an exercise group, and have really missed it! :grouphug:

See you tomorrow.

:)

lovnmom
05-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Happy May Day All:dizzy: Thank You, thank you, thank you,:^: Iam so committed once again. I even made myself home made whole wheat pasta yesterday:smug: Not as tasty as the white of course:p , but so much healthier and I didn't get hungry until dinner. Awhole added plus:cool:

My personal goal for May will be 30 miles. I'd like to lose 8# this month too, but that's an option as long as I hit my miles and know I'm sticking with it:D

Noelle : You amaze me too :o How do you find the time ?!?:?:

Jenifer : You better yourself by 10.5 miles:D Way to go. I hope you're really proud of yourself:)

Cristi : Thanks for the hugs:) I needed it:^:

Kristi:cool:

melekalikimaka
05-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone, Jenifer "justsecretgirl" has started a new Walking Challenge thread called "May Flowers" for the month of May, link to new thread is below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=375628#

Be there or be square (or should I say round :lol: )

Don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread to get notifications of new posts. See you all there. :dancer: