Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Chat: May 28-June 3

Tejas
05-28-2012, 01:53 PM
New Pages

Remember our fallen veterans today, and everyday.

ontarget
05-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages and also for the message.

sloanie
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Hope y'all have had a nice Memorial Day and possibly some warm memories of a loved one who served our country.

Tejas
05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I can't remember if I told you that I have a new great-great niece. I have had so many drugs, my memory is vague at best. She is three days old, and all is well. Her name is Maggie and I put her pictures on my FB.

I'll be gone tomorrow, sitting at the voting polls as acting poll judge, in the Texas primary election. I expect it to be slow. I am maddened by the low voter turn- out in this state. I wonder how many people get all weepy about Memorial Day and Veteran's Day and don't vote. Never mind, I don't want to know.

Have a great Tuesday...

nancy237
05-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I can't remember if I told you that I have a new great-great niece. I have had so many drugs, my memory is vague at best. .

:joker: :dizzy:

ontarget
05-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Rhonda, this is good news. Congratulations to all.

I am up readying to go to WW. I'll be back later.

sloanie
05-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Rhonda, congrats on the new addition! Hope your foot is feeling better :D

Hey chicks, can you remind me of the basic Core guidelines. I want to make sure I am doing this right. I am specifically interested in the rules about cereal, potatoes, & rice. I remember that you could have whole wheat, but I am trying to eat gluten free, so that won't matter. Thanks!

Hope all of you have had a great day. We are having storms :(

ontarget
05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Sloan, potatoes, rice, or pasta once a day. Fiber One, All Bran, and Shredded Wheat cereals are CORE. Does this help?

nancy237
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Productive day..My dog got neutered, helped my cousin close her mom's estate, and sold Robin's truck this afternoon.

I found a birds nest with live baby birds under the hood after the truck was across town.. Tomorrow I have to figure out how to try to save the birds before I deliver the truck to the guy that is buying it.
The truck is still skipping but his mechanic said it was minor..Just hoping I get it to him tomorrow with it still running.

sloanie
05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks, Sandra. In addition to having potatoes, etc once a day, do I remember that you could have cereal once a day if it was the ones you listed or puffed rice?

Wow Nancy, you did have a busy day. How's the puppy?

ontarget
05-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Sloan, I think you're right about the type of cereal, but I don't think you were limited to once a day. I am thinking the limitation was that you had to have it with ff milk. You couldn't eat it like a snack. Not sure. Maybe Vickie can help.

Nancy, you got a lot done. I hope you can save those birdies.

Heading to an awards ceremony for our youngest grand this morning. Life is good.

Tejas
05-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Ooh, the poor little birdies!! I hope they make it!

Yesterday was tough, but we were in a pleasant place and that helped. I find it very difficult to do these election day stints..granted it was good to be able to just sit and prop up my foot, but sitting all day is tough also. The day began at 5AM and I didn't get home until 9PM.

We are having wonderful T storms, without hail or tornados...so far anyway.

pam920
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
morning chicks.

Sloan, you can have cereal more than once a day but you have to have it with ff milk. Sandra is right.

Rhonda, I can imagine it was a long day for you. Are you still in pain?

Sandra, how did WI go? I'm holding my own. Need to get serious to get out of the 160s.

It has cooled down some. Still hot but not in the 90's, so that is good.

nancy237
05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I was able to move the nest out (tight spot) without hurting the babies..
Its now 2 babies & one egg..Mom is a Carolina Wren that was upset with me.
I placed the nest in a container near the original nest spot & hope mom finds them.
She has been back but I haven't seen her in with them yet.

Wandie
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi

Starting core again. I found this site and I am hoping for the best. Hope I am posting right also.

ontarget
05-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Pam, I lost 2.4 this week. That undoes the .8 I had gained the last 2 weeks and a little more. I am 180.2 now and hope to get to the 170's soon. It's been in the 90's here but is supposed to be in the 80's the next few days. (Hot enough for me)

:welcome: Wandie! You are posting perfectly. Welcome to the bunch. Or should I say, "Brood"?

Nancy, I hope mama bird returns to her nest. Let us know.

Rhonda, I imagine you got really bored. What are you doing today? I hope you're having a good one.

Vickie, where art thou, dear friend? I miss you!

Well, we were a few blocks from school when our dil called to let us know she had the date wrong. The awards ceremony is tomorrow. We'll do a rerun tomorrow. :D

sloanie
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow Rhonda, that was a loooooong day! DD lives near Oklahoma city, and they had grapefruit sized hail. Hope y'all dodged that part.

Sandra, congrats on the loss!!! It is so nice to see the scale moving in the right direction.

Nancy, we are gonna have to call you Nurse Dolittle. I really hope that mother bird goes back to her babies.

Pam, thanks for your input on Core. It has been a while for me.

Wandie, welcome!

Hi Vickie!

pam920
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
morning chicks.

I lost another cousin today. That makes 3 since Thanksgiving. They say in comes in 3's, so hopefully I won't have to deal with any more deaths in my family for a while.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Sandra, congrats on your loss. You are doing awesome.

ontarget
05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Pam, :hug:

We just got home from the awards ceremony. No, it didn't last over 24 hours :lol It was today instead of yesterday. Alexa was loaded with awards. Makes we grands bean ear to ear. She was, too!

ontarget
05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Where is everyone?

sloanie
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! Laundry, laundry, laundry!! Tired, tired, TIRED!!!

ontarget
05-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Sloan, sounds like you're celebrating being out of school. :lol:

Tejas
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
:wave:

nancy237
06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Pam ...

:hug::hug::hug:

Any loss is hard but that is just too many !!!

Was this cousin sick ??

So sorry...

Tejas
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Pam, that's enough now. No more deaths for your family for a while, I hope.

Nancy, how's the puppy training working?

:welcome2: Wandie. We're a good group here...just jump in.

I guess Mary Ann's on her trip now?

My little great-nieces are participating in an art show tonight, showing off their work. They're not bad for little ones. One of them is now a third-grader and is quite excited about that. I told her that I remember the 3rd grade very well, and she finds that hard to believe.

One thing I can't believe is that is QE II's 60th Jubilee. I remember seeing her installed as Queen, on TV...that was the 2nd grade for me. Why on earth do we still have monarchies? And, celebrity worship? I don't get it. As my Daddy used to say, they all put their pants on one leg at a time. Oh well, there's a lot I don't understand, and I'll probably watch it on TV :lol:

My recent blood work showed normal cholesterol levels so I told MD I don't want to take the meds anymore and see what happens. I was just over the limits when I started the meds in January.

My ankle's hurting and I'm seeking more care for it. It's been 10 days since I sprained it and it is still swollen and hard to walk on. I probably want too much too fast.

I hope you all have a good day.

pam920
06-01-2012, 09:23 PM
evening chicks.

Rhonda, your foot should be healing by now. Maybe you did break it and it didnt show up in xrays. I don't understand the celebrity worship either. Must be a young thing, lol.

The cousin that passed is in California, so I won't be attending that funeral. He had a mild heart attach and then fluid in lungs, so I assume it was heart failure.

Was drizzly today and only mid 60's. A welcome relief.

ontarget
06-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Rhonda, are you going to another doctor or back to your same one? I would be like you and would be anxious. I gave my podiatrist gray hair while I was recovering from my bunionectomy. (sp?)

ontarget
06-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Pam, we must have been here about the same time.

I overate today but life goes on.....

Tejas
06-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I went to GP 3 days after the sprain and had xrays. I'm going to the orthopedist on Monday (13 days after sprain) to see what he has to say. It is still swollen (12 days later); I can walk, but flexing the foot is painful; I can stand on it, even on a thick foam pad; I can't push off to the side; and, I hit it TWICE last night, and the pain brought tears to my eyes. I imagine it's just a deep sprain with some ligament damage.

I will see the GP on Tuesday about the cholesterol meds. I bet I've been to some MD or another more often in the last two years than I have been in decades. What's up with that :shrug:

We're going to a family reunion today for my nieces' mother's side (my brother's first wife). I've made my great chocolate cake, but I'll try my best not to eat it.

nancy237
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't wait to hear about Maryann's trip

Rhonda..I wonder about being on statins too.. I have been on them since 2000. I feel for you with your foot. Eat as many anti inflammatory foods as you can...

The dog is making progress ..I am trying a remote correction collar today to break him from chasing the cat..

The baby birds are doing great..I had them tucked inside the edge of the garage last night due to bad storms mom seems fine with that.

Working on my garage today..Its cool here..then dinner at a great seafood place with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

Oh..I found a cleaning rotation I love..
One week I use it downstairs and just do a light clean upstairs and the next week I deep clean up & do a light clean downstairs ..It takes me about 15 minutes per night. I like it because I have one type task at a time and I am quicker that way...

1)pickup/trash/straighten/strip beds
2)dust/glass
3)vacuum/mop
4) Mr Clean surfaces & woodwork
5) Toilets/Sinks/Tubs

ontarget
06-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Nancy, want to come clean my house? It's small.

Rhonda, enjoy your day and have some of that cake.

We're piddling around the house today readying for company tomorrow afternoon. I rearranged both porches this morning then cooked a country lunch. We had grilled broccoli/cauliflower/onions/peppers, onion flavored baked chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. Afterwards we both took a nap.

sloanie
06-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I thought I would never get this mountain of laundry done! I am finally folding the last of it. Nancy, I have a cleaning routine that I used to do and really need to get back to it. You are inspiring me!

Our weather here is awesome today! Cool temps and absolutely no humidity! Hope you all are having a great weekend, too!

ontarget
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
It's been hot here today. Should be hot tomorrow, too. We're going to get sunburned!

Tejas
06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
The sister-in-law's family reunion was fun. I stayed away from the fatty food, and did have a very small piece of my cake. It was good, of course :lol:

Today's church service was what we call the "flower communion" and it is a dedication of the babies born during the year, or those who had come to the congregation. We held it outside, and it was almost too hot. But, it's a sweet service.

I'm going to put the splint on later and see if I can do a little yard work...after it cools down some. We have some kind of spider mite (I think) attacking a pine tree that had been a Christmas tree. We'll spray it but I am tempted to turn it into firewood! :devil:

ontarget
06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
We went out to lunch with friends after church. Now we're home waiting on a friend from Fort Worth to come. He's going to fling arrows with us. He's a top shot. One of the best compound guys in the state. Should be fun!

Tejas
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Managed to mow the back yard without re-injuring my ankle.

pam920
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
tsk, tsk, Rhonda, you know you should be taking it easy.

I've been stripping wallpaper in my powder room. Going to put wainscoting in. No more wallpaper. I did size the walls before putting the paper up, so it was easy to remove, just time-consuming. I got tired of the pink roses/shabby chic look. I'm doing grey/white, with black accents and a shot of Chartreuse thrown in. I have an antique dresser in there, that I had painted white. I'm going to change it up to silver. Only cost will be the wainscotting. The room is 8 x 6.5, so it shouldn't cost too much. I already have paint.

Sandra, hope you had fun with your visitor.

nancy237
06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Wow.. Pam , you are quite the decorator..
I like how you have the plan before you start..

I have been working in the garage today and it looks great.
There is still a pile in the middle that needs to go to charity & sell.
Robin sure had a lot of tools..grief !! I told my cousin I thought he might have
been hoarding in the garage & sheds so I would be too busy cleaning it all out to date for 10 years !!

The baby birds have left their nest and are in that fledgling stage where they are in the bushes & mom is still tending them. I sat and watched them for a long time today .. It feels great that I helped them along & now they are about to fly off..Keeping the cat in & dog in the back fence until they fly off..

ontarget
06-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Nancy, I love your bird experience!

Rhonda, I hope you don't hurt too much after mowing. I had thought you meant light yard work. You're tough!

Pam, I am soooo impressed.

Our company just left. We had a great time chatting at the kitchen table. He's coming back Saturday and we'll shoot together. Life is good.

Okay, I'm off here. I have a stress/echo in the morning.

nancy237
06-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Okay, I'm off here. I have a stress/echo in the morning.

When I went for mine they kept me waiting for almost 2 hours..I told them when they did get to me that I already had my stress test & passed it LOL