Alternachicks - What was the last show/concert you went to?

Misa66
05-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Or event...did you have fun? Or did your weight "problems" make it difficult for you to truly enjoy yourself?

The last show I went to was to see Skrillex in October and before that was to see Circa Survive last April...a while I know lol The area I live in is pretty rural so not a lot of cool artists come around, I lucked out with CS but we had to drive 2 hours to San Fransisco to see skrillex. Overall I did have fun an enjoy both but ugh leading up to them was terrible. I felt like I'd be the fattest girl there and I spent days trying to figure out what to wear, I still felt fat upon arriving but once I noticed that everyone was just focused on the band or having a good time I didn't really care but yeah lol idk if im the only one who gets like that haha

Amaranth
05-28-2012, 06:50 AM
I went to a Marilyn Manson concert just last week. Was I the fattest chick there? I dont think so, but I was probably one of the more...conservatively dressed fat chicks, so I dont think I LOOKED the fattest either! XD

I actually had someone tell me I would "look cute without my clothes on," which was flattering until the lights went down and he CHOKED ME UNTIL I STARTED TO BLACK OUT IN THE MOSH PIT. Confidence booster? Not really...

kassiebby1124
05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
The last concert I went to was Mayday Parade back in March. My weight NEVER holds me back, but one day I do want to crowd surf. I'm going to Warped Tour in July, so I should be around 190 or less <3 I'm so excited!

caramelkitty
05-28-2012, 11:57 AM
LOL you guys will laugh at me but the last concert I went to was NKOTBSB ahahahahhaa and the one before that was Shakira :P

My weight never held me back from going to any event, either a concert or a hockey game, which I love going to!

kodak3
05-28-2012, 07:28 PM
My last concert was Chris Brown last yr and I met him

redvelouria
05-28-2012, 10:37 PM
LMFAO haha. They got me sweating and doing cardio all over the place...with all the beverages I consumed, I was thinking I'd gain 5 lbs but so far, no change.

Next is SoundTown in WI with Weezer and Florence and the Machine!

krampus
06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I went to Maryland Deathfest Memorial Day long weekend. I wanted to crowd surf so badly and am now at a size/weight I'd feel OK doing it, but I chickened out after watching my friend get dropped on his head.

LeilaJey
06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
krampus I've always been put off crowd surfing because I felt too big/didn't want to get groped/dropped on my head haha

Last concert I went to was Han-na Chang the cellist, I was completely mesmerised. We went because they were playing Rachmaninov pieces.. tasty!

b rex
06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
last concert i went to was thrice in october. UGH and yes i felt self concious while i was there i stuck out like a sore thumb, not because of my weight but mainly cause i had blue and green hair and might have been the only person there not wearing a flannel shirt. oh well

amandie
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I never went to one.

Daki
06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Oh jeez. Uhhh, what was my last concert? It was probably A Perfect Circle, which was almost a year ago.

It was a really momentous thing too. My best friend and I went to see APC in 2003 when we were still in high school. We thought we'd never be able to see them again with each other (I've moved to various states). But not only did we see them again, 7 years later, we both have our ticket stubs from both concerts and WE BOTH GOT PICKS. SO stoked. We're f-cking wizards, man. I dunno how we both managed that. I'm gunna put my tickets and the pick a shadow box eventually. That is probably my most prized possession that isn't a childhood stuffed animal or pictures.

Venusenvy
06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
The last concert I went to was sadly almost 3 years ago. I saw the Pixies while they were on their Doolittle tour. Incredible.

SpangleMagnet
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM
My last concert was a local gig by an up-coming band that I met last year at Bloodstock, when I did an interview with them for a site I write for. They were great, but it was months ago.

Bloodstock in just over a month. CANNOT WAIT. Alice Cooper <3

alabama
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
i saw arborist and bre'r just last week but they're friends so i don't know if that really counts. the one before that was nightmare boyzzz but they're also friends and so it might not count. before that was hunx & his punx i think...i love hunx & shannon.

queenie91
07-18-2012, 03:51 AM
I went to Paradiso, at the Gorge. It was a music festival with a bunch of djs. Had the time of my life. Gained a couple pounds after the weekend but whatever, SO worth it!

Verm0nster
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
The Bouncing Souls. So good.

Hotaruchan
07-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Ugh, I haven't been to a show since May 2011 D: One of my local radio stations had a "Big Gig" show with Seether, Pop Evil, Red, and Hinder with Three Doors Down headlining...but the part I was most excited for was APOCALYPTICA <3 I've seen them live twice now, and they're frickin' AMAZING. Not that I don't enjoy the other bands too, but Apocalyptica is the best.

pink61091
07-29-2012, 01:37 AM
My last concert was three days grace/breaking benjamin/ flyleaf. No being big didn't affect me at all. Everyone is so focused on the band they could care less about the people around them. Before that I saw teddy gieger and I was right up against the guard rail prob sweaty and disgusting but idcc I was there to enjoy myself and not worry about other people.

alaskanlaughter
07-29-2012, 01:39 AM
the one and only concert that i've ever been to was to see Toby Keith (my fav!) at his concert in anchorage, alaska, about 8 years ago....it was amazing!! :)

tnc0712
07-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Erm, Shinedown, Evanescence and Art of Dying. I was 5 feet from the stage. Best part of that show was Art of Dying. Those guys have so much energy on stage!

Jocee
08-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Anyone going to Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park this weekend? Great lineup..... Can't wait to see Foo Fighters and Jack White.....

Thousandsunny
08-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Dave Matthews for the umpteenth time; amazing as always!

katiekish
08-08-2012, 12:37 AM
I went to see Boston in London... it was hilarious and awesome.

Dolores Claibourne
08-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Tom Waits.

Puffyamiyumifan
08-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Wilco at red rocks in Colorado... It was amazing and inspiring to be hiking around in such beauty!

mnemosyne
08-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Wilco at red rocks in Colorado... It was amazing and inspiring to be hiking around in such beauty!

This is one I would have loved to see. So jealous!

also:

Jack White

Was he amazing?

I live in a small town and don't get to concerts much, these days. Some great bands come to Columbus, but usually on weekdays. I missed Wilco in Columbus because I had a prior engagement.

Am thinking about seeing the Raveonettes in Columbus in September, and considering labor-day weekend trip to see Okkervil River, my favorite contemporary band.

Puffyamiyumifan
08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
This is one I would have loved to see. So jealous!

also:

Was he amazing?

I live in a small town and don't get to concerts much, these days. Some great bands come to Columbus, but usually on weekdays. I missed Wilco in Columbus because I had a prior engagement.

Am thinking about seeing the Raveonettes in Columbus in September, and considering labor-day weekend trip to see Okkervil River, my favorite contemporary band.

Are you in Columbus mo? Cause wilco will be there next month! I think on the 17 th. we were considering going.

Puffyamiyumifan
08-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Aw crud, that's Columbia, Mo! Sorry!

Wilco at red rocks was fantastic. I have seen them twice there. Really any show there is fantastic though :) Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!

mnemosyne
08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Wilco at red rocks was fantastic. I have seen them twice there. Really any show there is fantastic though Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!

I live in West Virginia! Columbus, Ohio and Cincinnati, Ohio are the closest big cities - so sometimes I might sneak out for something interesting, but mostly they are almost totally off my radar.

There is a public radio show recorded about an hour from here called Mountain Stage, though. I do go there regularly now. Have been able to see Fountains of Wayne, Trombone Shorty, Anais Mitchell, Ben Lee, Josh Ritter and even Ani DiFranco on Mountain Stage. Alas, they are traveling all fall, so I won't even have Mountain Stage to keep me distracted. And:

Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!

That sounds amazing. Every review I've read says that Wilco are great on stage. Columbia, Missouri is a ten+ hour drive from here. But I am tempted!

xirene
08-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I haven't been to a concert in ages. It's been at least 13-14 years or more; I think the last one was Tom Petty back in the Meadowlands in 1998 or so.

But I'll be going to one in December! A friend just got tickets for four of us to see the Monkees in New York. I saw them back in the early-mid 90s' (and was a fan as a kid, now I'm showing my ages!). Will miss Davy, but it will still be great fun.

ALilFluffy
09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
I just saw Duran Duran a few weeks ago. I had been waiting 30 years to see them. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I was kind of self conscious about the flab on my upper arms flopping around. I got over it pretty fast when they hit the stage. :cloud9:

tnc0712
09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I bought tickets to see In This Moment on October 30. Can't wait!

westcoast rosa
09-14-2012, 01:43 AM
The last concert I went to was Prince at the beginning of the year. It was EPIC!!! I am going to The Shins next Sunday and can't wait!!

mnemosyne
09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I just saw Duran Duran a few weeks ago. I had been waiting 30 years to see them. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I was kind of self conscious about the flab on my upper arms flopping around. I got over it pretty fast when they hit the stage.

Oh my goodness. I had this GIANT Duran Duran pin that I wore everywhere in fifth grade. It was so huge it had a wee stand and I stood it up in my locker at Church camp. And when the special K's (teenage counselor-campers) were put in charge of nightly vespers, they used the Depeche Mode version of People are People (which has nothing to do with Duran Duran, except to pin that point in time) and it was the first time I'd heard Depeche Mode. Anyway, that sounds awesome.

The last concert I went to was Prince at the beginning of the year. It was EPIC!!! I am going to The Shins next Sunday and can't wait!!

!! to both.

I would love to see the Shins. Wow. Jealous.

I did go to the symphony this weekend. They did Benjamin Britten and Shoshtakovich, followed by the Grieg piano concerto (and everyone but everyone has heard the opening of the Grieg piano concerto in a "hey! that's so familiar!" sort of way.

In the interim I live vicariously through others. :)

neon_zephyr
09-27-2012, 01:55 AM
The last concert I went to, oddly, was a contemporary classical performance which included a song for which I wrote the libretto.

I dressed up and looked good and had a nice time. However, I am notoriously bad with directions and had gotten lost on the way to the place and walked three times as far as I needed to. Being overweight & wearing heels and a dress not designed for comfort made me way more self-conscious and way less social than I would have liked.

I realized that planning in advance helps me to feel comfortable despite my discomfort with my figure, but it keeps me from being as spontaneous as I used to be and as I'd like. I'm hoping to get that back with weight loss. This means that I need to be committed to seeing results, not just going through the motions. That kinda scares me.

This thread makes me miss shows and concerts. Maybe I should do more of that and not feel like life is a reward earned only after repairing my deficiencies in hotness. In the past ten years I've gone up and down with the same 50 pounds over and over and I'm in a life-lull at the moment and now wondering if those things are related... :/

kelly315
09-27-2012, 08:31 AM
The wombats last weekend :)

mnemosyne
09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
This thread makes me miss shows and concerts. Maybe I should do more of that and not feel like life is a reward earned only after repairing my deficiencies in hotness. In the past ten years I've gone up and down with the same 50 pounds over and over and I'm in a life-lull at the moment and now wondering if those things are related...

Yep. It is, I think, punishingly bad for your mental health to tie non-food pleasures (concerts, beaches, swimming, fun, day-trips, WHATEVER they are) to diet rewards. And easier to embrace weight-loss and its attendant disappointments and challenges if you are enjoying the rest of your life.

Also: how cool! re:

The last concert I went to, oddly, was a contemporary classical performance which included a song for which I wrote the libretto.

I am not particularly familiar with much contemporary classical work, but probably the best opera I've ever seen was Osvaldo Golijov's Ainadamar. With Dawn Upshaw. So spectacular, even if I cheaped out and bought the worst seats ever.

The wombats last weekend

kelly - I'd never heard of them, but just listened to Let's Dance to Joy Division on youtube. So fun!

Skellig19
10-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I bought tickets to see In This Moment on October 30. Can't wait!

Colour me green. I am JEALOUS! I went to Warped Tour 2010 in my city specifically to see them...only to find out when I got there they weren't with the tour that went that far West. Alas!

Don't get a lot of chances to get out for concerts because of my work schedule but the last one I saw was Florence and the Machine back in July. Horrible venue but awesome show. I wept like a baby when they played my favourite song...like a baby...

Before that I saw Noah and the Whale at a tiny club venue and that was really fun.

mnemosyne
10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Okay, I now have concerts to report!

I saw Kishi Bashi and Tinariwen last week at Stuart's Opera House. Had never heard of Kishi Bashi before, but he put on a great show and I am definitely buying his album. Tinariwen was pretty much as awesomely-awesome as I expected them to be. They played a long show, followed by a LONG encore. They were great.

Then, went to Mountain Stage this weekend: Jesse Harris, Lucy Kaplansky, Barnaby Bright, Chuck Prophet (subbing for Beth Orton, who canceled due to Frankenstorm/family things), and the David Wax Museum. It was a great show & Barnaby Bright was the highlight for me.

proseandpassion
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
I saw New Order a few weeks ago and am seeing Morrissey next weekend! Can't wait!! :carrot:

McMurphy
11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I saw Rush in September on their Clockwork Angels tour...freaking epic. I met some of the most awesome people too.

Phae
11-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Can't remember the last one I went to, but I have tickets for Tegan & Sara this month and Mumford & Sons next month! woot! woot! :)

novangel
11-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Dream Theater! Freaking. Awesome.

I've been on this site a while and never noticed this forum. Thank god there's other people like me..I'm not your everyday soccer mom. Far from it, and I like myself that way. ;)

novangel
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I saw Rush in September on their Clockwork Angels tour...freaking epic. I met some of the most awesome people too.

One of my favorite bands also I just didn't have the money this time around.

McMurphy
11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Dream Theater! Freaking. Awesome.

I've been on this site a while and never noticed this forum. Thank god there's other people like me..I'm not your everyday soccer mom. Far from it, and I like myself that way. ;)

I'm not your average 18 year old girl and I also like it that way :) I love all the old bands.

tnc0712
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Me with In This Moment. (: (http://instagr.am/p/Rynxs4mR2i/)

I look so frumpy next to the long legged goddess.

BeachBreeze2010
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
You got to meet her! Awesome! I saw her last year at Rock on the Range - she did a circle mosh pit. She had everyone going, it was really cool.

I am excited to find this thread because a big part of my weight loss goal is to be smokin' hot for ROTR this May. I want to wear something sexy. It's a huge motivator! I think I'm the only person at the gym that runs to "Blood, Blood, Blood..."

Not to completely hijack - last concert was Jack White. Before that was Chevelle, Halestorm and Evanescence and yes - I crowd surfed! Honestly, I didn't think about my weight because I have seen so many big guys do it. I saw a wheelchair at ROTR last year! But, as far as what I am wearing - I definitely think about it and want to have fun with costumes.

28lbs by May 17th!

Skellig19
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Saw Dragonette at Christmas tree lighting show. Super fun!

pluckypear
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow this thread makes me remember I have not been to a concert in awhile. Last one was white stripes.

I used to go all the time in the 80's. I was into what was then considered some new wave and alternative music. I was in my 20's then living in suburbia.

Over the years I have seen:
Bryan Adams
The Spoons.
Culture Cub
The Fixx
Rod Stewart
Rush
Queen
Saga
Duran Duran
The Police
Blue Peter
Leonard Cohen
The Cure
J Geils Band
Tears for fears
Cindylauper
Howard jones
Omd
David Bowie

I can't remember the rest. Lol I feel dated

Ruthxxx
12-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Leonard Cohen in Kingston, Ontario last Thursday. Terrific way to spend 3 1/2 hours! Next will be Fleetwood Mac in Ottawa in April - if I live that long and the creek don't rise.

mnemosyne
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I used to go all the time in the 80's. I was into what was then considered some new wave and alternative music. I was in my 20's then living in suburbia.

Over the years I have seen:
Bryan Adams
The Spoons.
Culture Cub
The Fixx
Rod Stewart
Rush
Queen
Saga
Duran Duran
The Police
Blue Peter
Leonard Cohen
The Cure
J Geils Band
Tears for fears
Cindylauper
Howard jones
Omd
David Bowie

I can't remember the rest. Lol I feel dated

PluckyPear - I knew I liked you. I was a tween and teen in the 80s. Had a giant poster of Robert Smith on my bedroom wall. The Police was the first concert I ever saw. My dad got me tickets as a Valentine's day present. I was in fourth or fifth grade. I would kill to see David Bowie live and am considering going to see Morrissey in January. (Problem: January in Ohio. The likelihood of snow is high.)

Last year, my brother gave me a CD of "Just Can't Get Enough: A Very New Wave Christmas," which is bloody awesome. The track list:

1. Thanks For Christmas - The Three Wise Men (aka XTC)
2. Christmas Day - Squeeze
3. Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl
4. Rudolph The Manic Reindeer - Los Lobos
5. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
6. Santa Claus - Throwing Muses
7. Little Drummer Boy - Miracle Legion
8. Xmas At K-Mart - Root Boy Slim And The Sex Change Band With The Rootettes
9. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie And Bing Crosby
10. One Christmas Catalogue - Captain Sensible
11. All I Want For Christmas - Timbuk 3
12. Shouldn't Have Given Him A Gun For Christmas - Wall Of Voodoo
13. Santa's Beard - They Might Be Giants
14. Christmas - The Buzz Of Delight (Featuring Matthew Sweet)
15. Christmas Time - Chris Stamey Group
16. Mary Xmess - Sun 60
17. Careless Santa - Mono Puff

I saw, uhm. The Three Irish Tenors. They have great voices but the concert was pretty provincial. So, of course, is my town. However, in the Christmas portion they sang "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues, which rocked. I am sure I was the only one who knew the original in the auditorium. Though maybe I am overconfident.

pluckypear
12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Ruth I so wanted to see Cohen this time around. I don't know if I will get the chance again. I fell in love with him in grade 12 modern english class when we listened to "Suzanne" on vinyl.

Mnem lol I like you too. That cd sounds awesome. I forgot to mention I saw The Clash twice and they are my favourite band. Now I like a much wider variety of music.

Wiya Wasi
12-18-2012, 11:53 PM
The last one I went to was Black Moth Super Rainbow. It was pretty fun but a couple of the openers were shifty. Before that I saw Fang Island and that show was effing RAD!

Going to see Ty Segall in January and I'm pumped for that!

mnemosyne
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Mnem lol I like you too. That cd sounds awesome. I forgot to mention I saw The Clash twice and they are my favourite band. Now I like a much wider variety of music.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are my idol, for srs. London Calling is the greatest album of the 1970s or 1980s, and I would just die to have been able to see The Clash in concert. Wow.

lhanna200
01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
new to the forum so hey guys! Umm last gig I went to was new found glory and it was damn good.

mnemosyne
01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I have decided that as long as it isn't forecast to snow, I am going to go see Morrissey in Columbus next week. Right now it looks good, but I am waiting until the weekend to make plans based on the forecast to be sure.

Psychic
01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
The last concert I went to was in Pittsburgh. I saw Nickelback, Seether, Bush, and some other band. It was actually a great show.

BeachBreeze2010
01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Psychic - I almost went to that concert in Columbus, but couldn't get past the idea that Nickelback was the headliner. Seether and Bush, yes - Nickelback, not so much! I did hear good things about the concert, though and I really want to see Seether. I CAN'T WAIT for Rock on the Range!!! I'm counting down to the lineup announcement. It's actually a big part of my weight loss goal - I want to be thin to wear a cute outfit to the concert! I'm 33 years old and I WILL be a teenager that weekend. I don't care. LOL! It's my escape. When I'm running and want to stop, I channel my inner Lzzy and keep going. Haha.

Psychic
01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm a big fan of Seether and Bush, but not so much of Nickelback. I will admit that Nickelback is actually great live though. Great stage presence, awesome special effects and real singing that actually sounds good.

porchcricket13
01-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Last show was phish new years run, 4 nights. The fan base is primarily male but I would say 80-90% of the small female population of fans are on the thinner side. It can be intimidating, but i'm always there with my boyfriend so it makes it a bit easier to deal with my insecurities. Just knowing that he chooses me is enough (not to sound totally codependent or anything lol).

HelloNurse
01-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Last concert was Rush at Consol Energy Center (the fiance's birthday present). Before that was The Wall with my parents, and before that I think the last show I saw was Amon Amarth at Mr. Small's which is a cool venue in a disused church.

mnemosyne
01-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Saw Calexico, Camper van Beethoven, Bonnie Prince Billy, Bahamas, and Piney Gir last night on Mountain Stage.

Silverfire
01-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Last show I was at was Big Sugar! It was pretty great. The one before that was Joel Plaskett and Frank Turner :D :D That one was fantastic!

Em Coconut
02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
My last one was Mötley Crüe, last summer. They're my all time favorite band, so I had a blast. Fourth time seeing them, hopefully not the last.

DazeGypsy
02-21-2013, 11:32 AM
i posted something here that was meant to go in the "final straw" thread... sorry. Way to make a good first impression and blunder my first post, meh.

But, to keep on topic, the last convert I went to was Arcturus, in Norway at the Inferno Festival.

Zima
02-22-2013, 02:01 AM
The last show I saw was Evanescence and The Pretty Reckless, two of my favorite bands! They both put on an amazing show, and I would see them both again.

castiel
02-22-2013, 08:38 PM
My last show, not counting my brother's bands, was Against Me! and Water Tower. I highly recommend seeing both bands live if you can, they always deliver. Laura Jane Grace is such an inspiration.

TuTuPunk
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Went to see Girl in a Coma last night, it was a great show! I always feel self conscious of my weight, and I was the biggest of the people I went with-but by no means the largest there at the show, it was mostly women in the crowd(show was at a lesbian bar) and there were all sizes. I didn't let my size bother me(I had just hit 10 lbs lost on my diet so far and was feeling good about that, that helped).

joefla70
03-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Just saw MUSE last Friday. I love that band. I wish they played for another hour because there was so many more songs I wanted to hear them play.

mnemosyne
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM
I am going to see Garbage in Columbus in early April. YAY!

Zima
03-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Saw Aesthetic Perfection, William Control, and The Birthday Massacre! Again, some of my favorites!

whitb05
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
It's been way too long! Last show was about 2 years ago when I saw Everytime I die. I love them and Jordan Buckley is such a cutie ;)

Silverfire
03-27-2013, 01:04 PM
CASUALTIES IN APRIL!!!!! Going to be a good one :D

Vanessa M.
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Bad Religion last month!

Silverfire
04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Casualties and Dayglo Abortions was last night. I am a giant bruise. A happy bruise though. I got loaded, moshed like crazy. Its been a long time since I have been in the pit. I got kicked in the head, stomped on, elbowed in the face and I just don't give a damn it was so much fun. Being at work feeling like this isn't the best though. I wanted to buy a shirt, but decided to wait. I have a plan to save up a few hundred bucks to buy all the band shirts I could never get because I was too big :D

Gonna Get There Soon
05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Last show I went to was the was Rob Zombie, 10 years, Chevelle, Hollywood Undead, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying. LOVED all that remains and as i lay dying!!! 10 years and chevelle rocked as well. Not a real zombie or hollywood undead fan....but it was a good show.

LucreziaBorgia
07-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Freaking IRON MAIDEN. (Along with Mastodon, In Flames, Alice Cooper and Slipknot. Although not too fond of Slipknot, I even found THEIR show enjoyable. It was fun!)

EllieFunt
08-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Thousand Foot Crutch & Skillet

Mori M
08-24-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't go to concerts very often, since I don't like crowds and most of the concerts are standing room only, and being on my feet stationary for 1+ hours hurts my feet too much. My last concert was Mindless Self Indulgence, maybe last year I think.

paigeinabook
02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Totally bringing this thread back up here... because I love concerts. I went to Bonnaroo the first time this past summer and definitely plan to continue the tradition. I saw Paul McCartney and Macklemore, among other really awesome shows and I had such a good time. I've also been the Music Midtown in Atlanta since they reopened the festival a couple years ago. I saw Weezer and Red Hot Chili Peppers this past festival and the year before that I saw Foo Fighters, Florence and the Machine and Pearl Jam. My boyfriend is a huge music junkie (he's been to Bonnaroo 7 times.... he also is from the county that the festival resides in Tennessee) so I have been quite the show goer the past 2 years.