Exercise! - First Bike Ride in 10 YEARS!

View Full Version : First Bike Ride in 10 YEARS!

BerkshireGrl
05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Just wanted to say, I am about to go on a bike trail ride with a friend - it will be my first bike ride in 10 years! :D

Got my bike down from the attic yesterday, dusted it off, and brought it to the bike shop to get refreshed. Tired are pumped up, gears are greased, and water bottle is filled! Whee! . . . :bike2:

BerkshireGrl
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
So I rode for 1.5 hours! Ok, it was mostly on a flat paved bike trail, but hey! I also went off onto a dirt road that went past a big water lily-covered pond... and saw many butterflies and chipmunks that ran across my path on the way. Was definitely a good workout, I could feel it in my thighs big time. Drank 3 cups of water on the way, esp. since it was 82 degrees out :)

It was really nice to do something outside rather than my usual plodding away on a treadmill too, heh!

DaugT
05-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Hour and a half for the first time in 10 years! AWESOME!!!!
I've been hittin' the trails on my skates and love being out there with the bunnies, and chipmunks, etc... keeps me entertained. LOL

BerkshireGrl
05-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Thank you, DaugT! I am rather proud of myself, ha!

Skates - cool! I really want to learn how to rollerblade too! I used to rollerskate and ice skate as a kid... Went ice skating in 1994. Next on my rejuvenation list! :D

I have rediscovered how much I love being outside. I almost lived outside as a kid, and only came in for meals, baths and sleep :lol: I'm thinking that as much as I can, I will spend 1 weekend day outside this summer, or 2! I have a very sit & type kind of job, and it's killer on the body. Gotta make up for that! :running: