Old 05-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question 90 day commitment challenge.

Hello All!!!!so ive been stooped in a depression over the fact, that my parents and i along with my hubbers and my baby girl were supposed to go to Hawaii in for A nice big family vacation. It was my goal to lose as much weight as possible between now and then....SADLY... its not happening. My parents bailed out on us and so we have cancelled are plans to go. So i felt quite out of place and felt like i had no goal to work towards...UNTIL!!!!!

NOW! My hubby and i were talking about how my issue isnt losing weight. My issue is sticking with something long enough to see results that actually work. I think the most ive stuck with a diet for is like a month...and he also realized that seeing the scale was just making me more depressed because of the fluctuations..so instead of feeling pressured to lose x amount of weight in order to recieve a nice reward of a vacation...we have decided to come up with what i call "THE 90 DAY commitment challenge".

Here is how it works:

For 90 days i must be on plan 100% no excuses no "but its a special day or special dinner or special family occasion".... ON PLAN 24/7 for the next 90 days. I can weigh myself only once a week and that is it. At the end of 90 days if i have stayed on plan every single day..then i will have the opportunity to go away with my hubby on a romantic 2 night getaway to the spa of my choice... IF i miss even one day OP..the challenge is instantly over and there is no chance of getting that romantic 2 night get away to the spa. Instead.. i might end up camping in the woods(his choice)

Anybody else game for the 90 days?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I tend to be more of a "one day at a time" person, but good luck!

Question, if you are "off plan" in week 2 do you just trash the whole thing? And then what?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

You can do it ... once you figure how to maneuver around those family gatherings and stop the "just this once" junk you will be fine I sat at a birthday cook out yesterday eating my IP snack and drinking an unsweetened iced tea. Had to decline the cake 5 times in a row. If you need support we are here ... and if you want someone to check in with I am here ... and committed to 100% OP until I am at goal which will be at least 90 days
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

That is a HUGE step for you to recognize what the whole situation is in your life. You'll hear a lot on this forum about your journey. Yes, this is a journey and each of us have a different path, different turns, and different scenery along the way. But, you can't find that destination unless you really understand the route you're on.

I have been following your posts and felt bad for your struggles. I am now sooooo glad to see you've found, with the help of DH, what is the root of it all. I think this will be your turn around the right corner to a better journey for you.

I can join you, though I have been 100% OP for the 19 weeks I've been doing the program. I did have my first WI ever when I lost 0 lbs. Not even an tenth. From reading the forum and others experiences, I knew it would come along some day for me. If it had not been for the information and support here, I would have been devastated, crushed, and thousand other depressing words. But, I know it's just another part of the journey. I know this works, if you stick with it. It's a very precise program and there's no room for error.

With that said, I'm so proud you've listened and looked into yourself to find what you've found. I'm sure you can make your 90 day challenge and even more, if needed.

We all love you and will be here to support you.
Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
For 90 days i must be on plan 100% no excuses no "but its a special day or special dinner or special family occasion".... ON PLAN 24/7 for the next 90 days. I can weigh myself only once a week and that is it. At the end of 90 days if i have stayed on plan every single day..then i will have the opportunity to go away with my hubby on a romantic 2 night getaway to the spa of my choice... IF i miss even one day OP..the challenge is instantly over and there is no chance of getting that romantic 2 night get away to the spa. Instead.. i might end up camping in the woods(his choice)
Port ~ This sounds like a perfect solution for you! I would join you but I haven't found it to be a problem to stay 100% OP. I have my eye on my end goal and know that it may take till October to achieve it but I am committed to doing that for me. My treat for sticking to it has been shopping in my closet every weekend to take stock on how much progress I am making and how close I am to clothes I can't wait to get in to. I guess each of us are different in what motivates us.

I am proud of you for talking with your hubby and even prouder of him for coming up with such a wonderful solution. It seems like that will put you in a much better place (frame of mind) and will help you achieve a really positive outcome. Do be sure to get rid of your scale...it may not be enough to have it in your hubbies trunk. Donate it to goodwill. You can celebrate phase 4 by buying a new one.

Best of luck and best wishes...you can do it! A romantic getaway is totally worth it.
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote