South Beach Diet - I couldn't help myself...

View Full Version : I couldn't help myself...

Jenyfyr
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning. I really wanted to wait until week 1 is officially over on Tuesday, but my curiosity got the best of me. So busted out the scale, hopped on, and couldn't believe what I saw.

I'm down 4.8 lbs since Tuesday! 4.8 lbs in only 4 days on phase 1! :carrot:

I know it's all water weight, but it sure is motivating to see such a drop so quickly! I genuinely have not been hungry at all over the past four days - I've been satisfied after each meal and have even skipped a few snacks because I'm trying to pay attention to actual hunger cues and not just eat because I'm 'supposed to' have a snack at X time. What a great start to my day!

FabBy40Angel
05-26-2012, 09:14 PM
AWESOME!!! Congrats

jekel383
05-26-2012, 11:10 PM
That is fantastic!!!

CatMat
05-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Woot Woot :cp:

Linkovicha
05-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Good for you! :) Same thing here, I started on thursday and now my scale is showing 4 lbs less. I figured the scale was broken! :P But if the same happened for you, then perhaps not!

TwynnB
05-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome to south beach, isn't it awesome?!!? Although the weight loss doesn't stay that rapid, it's such good inspiration to stick with it.

Jenyfyr
05-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks, everyone! I was trying to shed some pounds earlier in the year by counting calories/eating low fat and it took me close to three weeks to see that much of a drop on the scale, so it's definitely an instant gratification thing this time around. I'm just flabbergasted that I'm almost half way through phase 1 and am not hungry, am not sick of the foods I'm limited to (just the opposite - the variety is fantastic!) and am feeling great. I can see why people are tempted to stay in phase 1 longer than two weeks! (don't worry, I'm not gonna do that, lol)