UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #1  
hold the calories

S/C/G: (HW)280 252/ticker/164

Height: 5'8.5

Cool sunshine temptation

so, all i want to so in this weather is drink cider and eat 99'ers. yum i have, so far, abstained but it's getting rather tempting.

how are you guys coping in this heat? what do you like to eat when it's this hot? is it effecting you desire to stay on track or keeping you motivated?
side salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

The one good thng about this heat for me is that my appitite gets smaller, i eat more salads too. I would love to have a 99er... But... I know if I have one I'll want another and it'll be a my downfall. When I'm more disaplined then maybe. Until then, I'm not risking it!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

Ice pops lol.
I feel more motivated when the weather is nicer as I'm dreading another summer at this weight. Sweating on the bus, thighs rubbing together, wearing a coat when out - I would like to hybernate till Winter really!
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I'm still fine on the food side of things, but the heat's playing merry **** with my exercise. It's just too hot, until about ten in the evening, and I really can't be bothered. So I've designated this week as a slack week - days off are fully permitted if I can't be bothered. Come Monday it's back to 20k a day on the exercise bike. Monday I skipped the bike, yesterday I skipped the bike and had a full roast dinner courtesy of my brother (and was still lighter this morning, which is a bit weird).

Today I planned to do exercise, and go low-cal on my eating (low-cal's the standard but naughty carb days happen once or twice a week anyway). Breakfast went smoothly, but then it transpired that my partner's ex, who's been badgering him to introduce us since we got together, was in the pub across the road. So that turned into three pints in the sunshine, and him finally understanding why I don't like his ex - I've met her many a time before and she's... well. I'll spare everyone the extensive *****ing session, but not a nice woman. The idea of exercising now, when I'm in this grumpy a mood, just is not going to work.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

I also get the urge to go out and have something well-chilled in a beer garden when it's hot. Plus DH had a couple of days off last week. Mostly I stuck to white or rose wine, but Saturday night I had a couple of pints cider. I didn't try hard enough to resist that night. :P

Still, I can easily resist 99s as I went lactose intolerant after a bout of gastroenteritis a few months ago. Having tried to reintroduce some dairy last week and paid for it with epic bloating, I'm still not back to normal. So I've got sorbet in the freezer instead which I don't feel too bad about.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

My appetite also goes down when the weather is hot and I eat more salads so thats helpful, however when it's hot all I want to do is drink fun drinks and eat popsicles/ice cream sandwiches! Luckily, I cant have the ice cream sandwiches now because of my gluten intolerance! haha

As for the drinks - I just made myself a pitcher of cold brewed iced coffee to keep in the fridge - that way I can make it how I want and control the calories that go in it! I learned that I like to use half and half and less sugar than McDonalds puts in theres!

Here's a link to a good way to do it: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...t-iced-coffee/ It's from the Pioneer Woman - Don't know if you're familiar with her or not, but she does awesome recipes (not the most calorie/health conscious though!! haha
peachiee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/187/140

Height: 5 ft. 9

Well....I hate to admit it, but I did actually have a cone with three teeny-tiny scoops of ice cream today while at the beach. But (!) I went for a painful 8 mile bike ride afterwards (heading home from the beach). Other than that - this weather is just really the right thing for lying around all day and doing nothing. And especially doing nothing for my weight loss! Damn you, summer. :-)
magentadivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #8  
hold the calories

S/C/G: (HW)280 252/ticker/164

Height: 5'8.5

my resistant buckled and i gave in to lots of sunshine associated temptation which made for a fun weekend think ciders and sundaes. no 8 mile bike ride for me (wow magentadivine!) but i'm back on track with the new working week and, as regretful as i may be for the blip on weigh day, i do feel i've gotten those particular cravings out of my system
side salad is offline   Reply With Quote