Metabolic Research Center - Triggers?

View Full Version : Triggers?

rachels77
05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey, All -

I was just thinking of something I noticed and wondered if it happened to anyone else...

I've noticed certain foods trigger me wanting to eat more. For me, it's any type of chocolate (cereal, sugarfree, dark, milk), dairy (frozen yogurt - especially Orange Leaf), pineapple, and sometimes... strawberries. One of the counselors thought this was due to sugar content, which makes sense.

But last night I tried some sugar free gum (the mint choclate kind - yumm-o) and I noticed that, although I wasn't hungry and had eaten on plan all-day, I wanted to eat something SO BAD... didn't give in, which is good and enjoyed my Hot Cocoa HNS last night, but I guess I'll add that to the trigger list...

What are your triggers? For those of you on maintenance, do you ever eat the trigger foods? If so, how do you handle it?

Thanks!

Rowdy
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I am just learning how my body reacts to different food and so far it seems any carb over the amount allowed on my menu will trigger the urge to eat more carbs, for example if I eat more than the three melba toast I want the whole box.

Also any diet soda or Zevia soda makes me want to go off program.

rachels77
05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Oooo... soda does that to me too!

COchick
05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
For me it's starches and carbs. Pasta, rice, potatoes. They are my downfall.

patzi
05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
My trigger foods are carbs .. If I eat fruit at night, I could eat the whole house.. When I eat carbs,like an oatmeal cookie or baked oatmeal, I must have protein or fat with it, as it does the same thing.. I do not give in to my triggers.. I stay away from them . I cannot have baked oatmeal at night even with protein or fat, just in afternoon. Only thing I can have at night it seems is nuts in small amount, or FF Greek yogurt, that I freeze
sprinkled with sugar free ,fat free jello or pudding. I freeze this and eat as an icecream...

I am curious to other answers, as each one is different.

Patzi