Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

Question WW and Diabetes?

Has anyone had success with WW and Diabetes? My Mother is wanting to join WW with me, but is unsure how "successful" it will be as she is a diabetic. We know she will need to take the plan materials to her doctor for the okay and any adjustments to the plan itself. We also know she will need to "tweek" the plan a little bit to make it fit with her diabetes.

We were just wondering if anyone has had great success with the program while being diabetic. Did it help with your diabetes? Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Last edited by kireos; 05-23-2012 at 06:44 PM.
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I take it she has type 2 diabetes? I don't have a real answer but I am sure following the plan should not be a problem at all. I would think that using common sense so she did not have spikes in her blood sugar would be the thing to keep most in mind.
I have only worked with people who have type 1 and it is just a matter of covering their food intake with insulin.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

One of the women in my regular WW meeting has lost weight on WW and no longer has to take her meds. I'm not sure how long it took her to reach her goal, but I don't think she had any different weight loss results than anybody else. Good luck!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

Thank you both for your answers! Yes, my mother has type 2 and she is finally trying to get back to where she needs to be health wise. She is sick of having to take medication and her doctors have told her constantly to lose weight. Seeing me happy and losing weight has given her that little push to get her going. I'm hoping WW will be just as rewarding for her as it is for me.
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote