South Beach Diet - Smoothie/protein shake recipes wanted

Mysh RN
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
I am on the hunt for some recipes for smoothies or protein shakes/smoothies for breakfast. I see some mentioned on here from time to time and am wondering what ingredients are used. Anyone know of any good ones?

CatMat
05-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Myshelle - The one protein powder I've found that I like (which is not always an easy task!) is the Designer Whey French Vanilla. It only has a bit of Stevia in it for sweetness, so you can add whatever sweetener works for your body.

My daughter seems to love her shakes with a spoon of PB.

Cate

jekel383
05-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Myshelle, I use pro teem protein powder, does not contain any artificial sweetners. I use either one or a half of scoop (vanilla flavor) with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup ff Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon psyillium husk (fiber), 3/4 teaspoon stevia, 1 tbs natural peanut butter, 3/4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 6 ice cubes. It reminds me of a not so sweet shake which I drink for breakfast or sometimes I enjoy it for dessert.

Even my teenage son enjoys this!

WaistingTime
05-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I've made this one (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1/51910-awesome-chocolate-milkshake-all-phases.html) many times. It's good with chia added too.

FabBy40Angel
05-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Wait!? We can use protein powder on South Beach? My daughter loves to make smoothies and can't wait until I move to phase two so we have fruit in the house again and she can make us breakfast shakes, but I wasn't sure we could use Whey protein?