UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7''

Default My big fat fetish

Oh my goodness! Watching this on channel 4 right now.
One said that losing weight would be a huge sacrifice that she have to make if she had health problems, and she'd not be happy.

Are these people for real?!?!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

My boyfriend was laughing all the time because he kept saying it's the opposite of everything I talk about. Especially the girl who was gaining weight and stopping for breaks and eating more at maintenance.

I felt really bad for the son of the 'Goddess' too, poor guy.

Strange programme anyway.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #3  

Yeah being excited to receive a gift of a 1000lb scale is something I hope I'll never be!

The poor son! Seems he has no life outside the mum....and really the money can't be that amazing if they're living in a motel.

Watching it on my own here and glad to have someone to virtually watch the craziness with

Last edited by finn; 05-22-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #4  

Ewwwwwww how awkward must it be to watch your mum sit on someone and take photos!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

I know! I didn't realise at first it was the son and then I was creeped out.. then when I heard him talking I just felt soo bad. It's totally unfair on him.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #6  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i watched it too, part of me felt it was good that the women had confidence in their bodies, although the lady who's son is her carer did not seem happy with her size at the end, i felt sad for her son too having to do everything for her, when he spoke about helping her shower and clean herself after using the toilet.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I just watched it, and I'm not entirely sure what to think. I'm glad the women in it are happy in their bodies (inasmuch as that's true). But the one who was saying something about it being like transexuals, having a right to seek the body they felt fitted their identity, and so on... I can't really express very well what it was that bothered me about it, but I don't like the notion that one's right to actively sabotage one's own health should be celebrated, or viewed as a good thing.

On the plus side, it sparked a lot of interesting conversation with the boyfriend, as he likes larger women and I have trouble understanding why (mainly because I am one, with self esteem issues).
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

We saw it and I was shocked at some of the comments - especially the 21 yr old deliberately eating more to get bigger and claiming it was totally healthy as long as you gained weight the right way whilst munching mounds of saturated fat! And when she did that fetish video and was tube fed 4 litres of liquidised ice cream?? Do what?

I really felt for the biggest woman and her son too. It struck me that it had gone from great to out of control for her and she seemed so lost. I mostly felt for her son - having to be her carer can't be an easy situation.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #9  
Amazing will be me

I watched it to and ,e and my partner were just shocked to say the least.
Its one think some one being confident and happy with them self and theres one thing abusing your self with food for others gratification its just wicked.
Really repulsed me that people do this , there are big people out there that are desperate to lose the weight , and then theres these who just take the pee, then if they get ill because of there actions theyd be entitled to nhs health care etc i know they are mostly in the US but still. They have no one to blame but them selves.
Nothing wrog with being a big girl , but actively gaining to peruse a career on the internet is just utter madness in my eyes. Theyll regret it one day if they even live long enough. So sad for the family members too that poor lad. And that girls boyfriend "the feeder" needs his head checked if you ask me.
Defo his insecurities other wise why would some one do that? beats me CRAZY!
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I didn't see the programme but I know this sort of thing. I think it is just the sexuality that some people have and they can't help it. It must be difficult to feel that way, and to square it up with health. I knew a couple of guys into this- not gaining themself, but big guys/guys gaining weight. In fact they came in to my life because they liked me- This is the problem, when you weigh 400lb sometimes mostly the guys who like you are fetishist about it!! I didn't feel such a relationship would be healthy for me.
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 160/ticker/146

Height: 5'4

I saw it too. I thought it was a real eye opener. What a way to earn a living hey
chocmonster2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Definitely an eye opening show! The part with the extreme feeding was just too much for me, funneling milk and icecream :s

And that poor son of Patty, no life at all for him, caring for her so attentively.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

I just went onto 4OD and watched it after seeing this thread.. sweet jesus! The story of Patty and her son is tragic, but all the others are just out of their minds. A healthier way to reach 300lbs? Does she really believe that? And the tube feeding ice cream was horrific. Something out of a nightmare!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

I spent most of the show feeling infuriated that these men professed to love these women and yet obviously not give a fudge about their health-In particular Kit and her bf.

I think the whole dynamic is very abusive and depraved imo.

Also Patty not allowing her son a chance at a normal life... It takes a really special kind of person to do what he does-Especially when his mum could have 'avoided' her problem. I wouldn't blame him if he washed his hands of her, caring for a parent is one thing, but making them video tape your fetish things is just horrible and grossly inappropriate.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

Each to their own but I think they were deluding themselves personally, I don't think any of them were happy with their size. If you could wave a magic wand and make them all slim and healthy I imagine they would all accept it!

I can see why they do it (£$) and I guess they are putting money over health because for some of them they can't physically do anything else bar sit and eat!

That very large lady had a terrible black sore under her boob, I can't see how she can possibly believe her body is so beautiful when she obviously suffers and having to have your son wash you, I'd be horrified if I got to that stage, I could NEVER accept it as something positive at all.
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote