Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 05/22/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 05/22/2012

rissimo
05-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Kat2500
05-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Good morning everyone. The sun is out already today and I am up for another day OP. Today is WI day (#4) and I am anxious to see where I end up after four weeks.

wendywendy
05-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Good morning everyone. The sun is out already today and I am up for another day OP. Today is WI day (#4) and I am anxious to see where I end up after four weeks.

I have My WI 4 as well and I'm feeling the same as you are. I feel it already in clothes but the WI make any loss' "real"........:hug:

Thanks Carol......i also forgot to mention that yesterday i was thinking how to make the week a bit easier due to our hectic schedule....so i blanched spinach, mushrooms and broccoli and stored them separately so that they are almost ready to use when DH bbq's the protein this week or I'm preparing our lunches....I'm hoping this helps a bit.....

Cadu
05-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Good luck at WI Kat & Wendy!

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

Have a great day everybody and no matter what..... stay on plan!

wendywendy
05-22-2012, 06:48 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

You are going to look amazing regardless...the change you have gone through since Feb is fantastic. The picture from Feb looks like she may have been your sister with some resemblance. Your transformation will have you the Belle of the wedding...next to the bride of course!!!!!!;)

carolirish
05-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Good afternoon All. I had weigh in #2 today and am down 4.5lbs!! Brilliant, really delighted. I have met my first mini goal. I have to be careful though because in the past I have been known to celebrate a loss with a snack which leads to another one. SABOTAGE. Ridiculous I know. I am aware.

CADU you will enjoy your shopping trip, what a great feeling being down many many sizes.
Have a good day.

rissimo
05-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a warm rainy day here in Tennessee :(

Cadu: You are looking amazing, keep up the good work!

Weli, I weighed in this morning and another 3.4 pounds gone forever!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo, almost to the 150's. :dance: NSV this week, I am in a size 9/10 now. The last time I was in this size I was 25 pounds lighter than I am now, 10 years ago when I was doing LA. Gotta LOVE this plan. Plus I'm gonna have to go out and get some smaller undies as well. My Granny Panties are falling off now. I've been trying to hold off until I am at goal, but I don't know if I can wait much longer.

I went yesteday evening and bought myself a Wii Fit Plus with my Mother's Day money from my mom, and I worked out last night for an hour and 20 minutes. I did the Hula Hoop and boy did it kick my butt, but it sure was fun. Then I did the step for an hour. This morning I got up earlier and did 20 minutes of step work out. I think I am going to start doing this every morning, because so far I feel wonderful.

Great losses so far this week! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in. And please remember, that any loss is a great loss, no matter how small it is. It is that much less that you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last week.

prettyone
05-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Good Morning All another rainny day upon us. Oh well I woke up on this side of the ground and still OP so I cant complain. Hope everyone has a good day!

prettyone
05-22-2012, 07:26 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

Way to go Cadu. That is amazing. Dont be surprised if people start pointing and whispering at how amazing you look. I will take a size 12 over 20-22 anyday. You are doing great keep up the good work.
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weli, I weighed in this morning and another 3.4 pounds gone forever!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo, almost to the 150's. :dance: NSV this week, I am in a size 9/10 now. The last time I was in this size I was 25 pounds lighter than I am now, 10 years ago when I was doing LA. Gotta LOVE this plan. Plus I'm gonna have to go out and get some smaller undies as well. My Granny Panties are falling off now. I've been trying to hold off until I am at goal, but I don't know if I can wait much longer.

I went yesteday evening and bought myself a Wii Fit Plus with my Mother's Day money from my mom, and I worked out last night for an hour and 20 minutes. I did the Hula Hoop and boy did it kick my butt, but it sure was fun. Then I did the step for an hour. This morning I got up earlier and did 20 minutes of step work out. I think I am going to start doing this every morning, because so far I feel wonderful.

Great losses so far this week! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in. And please remember, that any loss is a great loss, no matter how small it is. It is that much less that you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last week.

Good job Rissimo. I will be getting back into jazzercise once my son's baseball season is over 3 wks. The loss is always great continue your journey and enjoy it.

Joplingrl
05-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Today is the one year anniversary of the tornado that destroyed most of my town, many of my friends lost there homes over 8000 all together.4000 business were destroyed including my own. 160 people died that day and many more since. Last night the president spoke at our graduation which was a honor.5 of our schools we destroyed so the high school held classes at our local mall. Today is a day to remember and honor the souls lost. Please pray for Joplin today.

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I have My WI 4 as well and I'm feeling the same as you are. I feel it already in clothes but the WI make any loss' "real"........:hug:

Thanks Carol......i also forgot to mention that yesterday i was thinking how to make the week a bit easier due to our hectic schedule....so i blanched spinach, mushrooms and broccoli and stored them separately so that they are almost ready to use when DH bbq's the protein this week or I'm preparing our lunches....I'm hoping this helps a bit.....

Great idea. Last Night I took a gallon bag and filled it up with up with a pound of mushrooms and two large green peppers i just sliced up. Now I have them ready to add to my omelet and lean meat. I also cut up a large onion and put it in a seperate baggie. I added them after cooking my lean pork and other veggies.

Meadow Wheeler
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Good morning! I am delighted to say that we are seeing rain here in MT today. We have needed it very badly. It got hot very early this year so it has dried out much too soon. Yesterday I successfully met one of my mini goals...the size 14 jeans that I have been able to snuggly wear are starting to get loose and the muffin top is gone! Yay! Now I am looking forward to size 12. I am having a lot off fun shopping in my closet on the weekends. I also have purchased some clothing on ebay...I found that the best deal ever is to order a "Lot" of clothes that are all the same size. There are some sellers that are doing a great job of creating very cute wardrobes that you can buy for very little. In fact I recently purchased a lot that had 38 pieces of clothing in it for $33.50. It is size 12...so I am looking forward to playing with it along with the size 12's I recently pulled out of containers and hung up in my closet. Has anyone else found that seeing those smaller clothes in your closet is motivating?

pegv
05-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone, hope all is well and your day will be an awesome one!
I am having some conflicts with what my body really looks like! I see myself as still being fat but everyone else tells me that I look great and don't need to loose anymore weight. I used to wear a size 14 and now am in a size 6 (shorts) but the scales doesn't say that. They still say I am obese and overweight. I think maybe I just shrank but the weight is still there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and then think maybe you should quit the diet before your weight is gone?

Thanks for all of you input, I really appreciate it!

Peg

KBig
05-22-2012, 08:00 AM
GM IPeeps!!!

remember ... never look for an excuse to undermind your singular purpose!!!

OP "won'hunnid" !!! :carrot:

Sewmam
05-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning everybody! Another cool, sunny morning here...I can hear the morning doves cooing...

Cadu: think....Spanx! ;) That's what I did for my nieces wedding a year ago, and it helped! Now that dress is way too big, but I held on to it...

Well, I got the basement walls painted. It 'bout did me in, but I did it. There was a pile of scrap lumber left-over from various projects, and I rearranged the best pieces, lugged up and burned the rest. Have cuts all over my arms, but it really looks nice. Now working on the window trim and there are two windows that need fixing, so I have to figure out how to do that. I guess you need to get the window out, and there are pieces of trim holding it in. Could learn how to fix it myself, but I think I'll just let the hardware store do that...

Am going to play dulcimer and sing at a festival in a few weeks, and need to find a strapless bra and/or spanx-type garment to hold in my gut underneath this pretty tank with a lace overlay. Going into Champaign usually means I'm not productive here for the rest of the day, so I'll pile up my errands and do it later this week...

Hope you are all well and staying OP. I didn't even get a chance to check-in yesterday...was so driven to get the basement finished. I feel like a madwoman. ;)

May every one of you, newbees and old-timers alike, have an incredible, inspiring, feel-the-love kind of day!!!!

PS: I went to take photos and discovered my battery was dead; put it in the charger and promptly forgot about it; remembered, so now I can take photos...

shathom
05-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning all. Well, I am in a funk today, I've been getting on the scale every day and I know I shouldn't but cannot help it, I started weighing myself daily since I tried/failed at WW. Bottom line, the scale is not moving up or down.... I'm getting nervous cause I hit a plateau doing WW and 4 months later I was still at the same weight and I gave up. I was feeling so good about myself a couple weeks ago, now not so sure. I'm post menopausal so it is not hormones... don't know what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent, maybe that is what I needed. Have a great day all.

tauthier
05-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Today is the one year anniversary of the tornado that destroyed most of my town, many of my friends lost there homes over 8000 all together.4000 business were destroyed including my own. 160 people died that day and many more since. Last night the president spoke at our graduation which was a honor.5 of our schools we destroyed so the high school held classes at our local mall. Today is a day to remember and honor the souls lost. Please pray for Joplin today.

Thinking of you and everyone in Joplin!

Sewmam
05-22-2012, 08:21 AM
I am having some conflicts with what my body really looks like! I see myself as still being fat but everyone else tells me that I look great and don't need to loose anymore weight. I used to wear a size 14 and now am in a size 6 (shorts) but the scales doesn't say that. They still say I am obese and overweight. I think maybe I just shrank but the weight is still there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and then think maybe you should quit the diet before your weight is gone?

Peg

Hello Peg, It took me some time to get used to it. They say that this diet can cause us to look gaunt at first, and I agree. Only you will know when the time is right. I lost so much that some of the extra pounds was actually extra skin, so I had to account for that on the scale.

Maybe taking a few photos of yourself to study will help? I still don't look in the mirror and see what others see, and when I see a photo, I am usually surprised...

The only other factor I can think of is healthwise, maybe it's worth a check-in with your doctor to see how you are doing. There is a limit on how much weight loss is healthy in terms of the kidneys. If you make the decision based on health and leave any additional firming up to exercises you can do later, that may be a way to go too.

Hope I made sense...I think I'm still half-asleep. ;)

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20- 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

We want to see your new haircut! Have a great OP day everyone.

rissimo
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning all. Well, I am in a funk today, I've been getting on the scale every day and I know I shouldn't but cannot help it, I started weighing myself daily since I tried/failed at WW. Bottom line, the scale is not moving up or down.... I'm getting nervous cause I hit a plateau doing WW and 4 months later I was still at the same weight and I gave up. I was feeling so good about myself a couple weeks ago, now not so sure. I'm post menopausal so it is not hormones... don't know what to do.

Don't let it get to you. Just remember the scale will fluctuate daily and not even move. Does not mean that you are not losing, you stressing about it will make is stay or not move etc.... If you must get on there everyday, just do it out of curiosity, not expecting it to do anything. This plan does work, you body is more than likely just readjusting to what you have done so far. :hug: I am one of those that gets on there everysingle morning, if it moves, down great, but I don'g go by what it says until my offical weigh in day. Keep feeling good about yourself, remember, you are so worth this and you have come so far.

M-Make short term goals
O-Out with the negative thoughts
T-Think of whay you want it
I-Imagine how you will feel
V-Visualize the future you want
A-Acknowledge your successes
T-Treat yourself with respect
I-Investigate new ideas and foods
O-Observe your new healthy lifestyle
N-NEVER ever give up and NEVER give in

mtnsun4
05-22-2012, 08:46 AM

They were talking about it on the news this morning. Prayers sent! So very sad. My hope is that they are on their way to healing.

Don't let it get to you. Just remember the scale will fluctuate daily and not even move. Does not mean that you are not losing, you stressing about it will make is stay or not move etc.... If you must get on there everyday, just do it out of curiosity, not expecting it to do anything. This plan does work, you body is more than likely just readjusting to what you have done so far. :hug: I am one of those that gets on there everysingle morning, if it moves, down great, but I don'g go by what it says until my offical weigh in day. Keep feeling good about yourself, remember, you are so worth this and you have come so far.

M-Make short term goals
Love it! Thank you for the motivation you bring to me each day when I am feeling like I just want to give up! :hug:

skinnybride2be
05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Noob question: When making the spinach smoothies, do you use 2 cups of spinach and say a vanilla packet and then blend away? Just having a hard time getting in the 4 cups of veggies daily

auroragrl
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

My girls and I do the hula hoop - we giggle so hard! It's a good workout for sure.

Kaypix
05-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey everyone, just checking in. Yesterday's weigh in disappointment flew out the door this morning when I stepped on the scale for my data sheet. Turns out that I lost 1.4 pounds last night after walking my 2 miles and then cleaning the garage for 3 hours. Woots! I thought I had maybe retained some water Sunday night due to high sodium food (went to a "dive" place for dinner) , so now I'm officially 180 as of this morning. :carrot: :carrot:

I'll check in later after I've been productive for a bit ;)

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Good luck to you!! Have a great day, yourself!:)

Hope your WI is terrific!! :carrot:

That really helps! On Sunday I roast asparagus and cook cauliflower for the week and put them in baggies so they are ready! It really saves time. Have a great OP day!:hug:

Good Morning Everybody!

I am so excited for you and your new dress! You're right look where you were and where you are now! You have come a long way baby!! :hug:

Good afternoon All. I had weigh in #2 today and am down 4.5lbs!! Brilliant, really delighted. I have met my first mini goal. I have to be careful though because in the past I have been known to celebrate a loss with a snack which leads to another one. SABOTAGE. Ridiculous I know. I am aware.

CADU you will enjoy your shopping trip, what a great feeling being down many many sizes.
Have a good day.
Good luck on you WI today, too!! I am sure you will continue to do great! :carrot:

Good Morning IPeeps:

Thank you for the letter idea! That was so inspired. I did it and it will be a great help!! :hug:

Good Morning All another rainny day upon us. Oh well I woke up on this side of the ground and still OP so I cant complain. Hope everyone has a good day!
Love your attitude! :hug:

It has already been a year..Wow, you really deserve prayers and I am praying for you all! :hug:

CassiR
05-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Congrats on the loss! I love the wii fit plus hula hoop. I think it's the most challenging! Keeping your arms up high is the hard part!

Hey everyone, just checking in. Yesterday's weigh in disappointment flew out the door this morning when I stepped on the scale for my data sheet. Turns out that I lost 1.4 pounds last night after walking my 2 miles and then cleaning the garage for 3 hours. Woots! I thought I had maybe retained some water Sunday night due to high sodium food (went to a "dive" place for dinner) , so now I'm officially 180 as of this morning. :carrot: :carrot:

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!

auroragrl
05-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone - I am having such a hard time this week. My girls' Dad came for my oldest daughter's graduation, and will fly back to Alaska tomorrow morning. I've been crying since he got here. I look at my girls and I feel so bad for them that we can't just be a family. It isnt' fair to them that two adults coudn't work out their differences, and so now they have to split their time. Not the way it was meant to be. Tomorrow will be a terrible day for me because I know how they have to feel inside, and their Dad too, when he has to leave. I've had that feeling before, and I hate it and I hate that anyone else has to have that feeling too.

I'm just sad today. Makes me want to eat and sleep - I'm determined to stay OP.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.:^:

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning! I am delighted to say that we are seeing rain here in MT today. We have needed it very badly. It got hot very early this year so it has dried out much too soon. Yesterday I successfully met one of my mini goals...the size 14 jeans that I have been able to snuggly wear are starting to get loose and the muffin top is gone! Yay! Now I am looking forward to size 12. I am having a lot off fun shopping in my closet on the weekends. I also have purchased some clothing on ebay...I found that the best deal ever is to order a "Lot" of clothes that are all the same size. There are some sellers that are doing a great job of creating very cute wardrobes that you can buy for very little. In fact I recently purchased a lot that had 38 pieces of clothing in it for $33.50. It is size 12...so I am looking forward to playing with it along with the size 12's I recently pulled out of containers and hung up in my closet. Has anyone else found that seeing those smaller clothes in your closet is motivating?
Great job on the new sizes and all your fun shopping!! :)

Peg

Tran Chein says it is over when you feel and look good to your self and can wear anything you like! Don't go by numbers go by size! :carrot:

GM IPeeps!!!

remember ... never look for an excuse to undermind your singular purpose!!!

OP "won'hunnid" !!! :carrot:
Love your quote!:)

Good morning everybody! Another cool, sunny morning here...I can hear the morning doves cooing...

Cadu: think....Spanx! ;) That's what I did for my nieces wedding a year ago, and it helped! Now that dress is way too big, but I held on to it...

Well, I got the basement walls painted. It 'bout did me in, but I did it. There was a pile of scrap lumber left-over from various projects, and I rearranged the best pieces, lugged up and burned the rest. Have cuts all over my arms, but it really looks nice. Now working on the window trim and there are two windows that need fixing, so I have to figure out how to do that. I guess you need to get the window out, and there are pieces of trim holding it in. Could learn how to fix it myself, but I think I'll just let the hardware store do that...

Am going to play dulcimer and sing at a festival in a few weeks, and need to find a strapless bra and/or spanx-type garment to hold in my gut underneath this pretty tank with a lace overlay. Going into Champaign usually means I'm not productive here for the rest of the day, so I'll pile up my errands and do it later this week...

Hope you are all well and staying OP. I didn't even get a chance to check-in yesterday...was so driven to get the basement finished. I feel like a madwoman. ;)

May every one of you, newbees and old-timers alike, have an incredible, inspiring, feel-the-love kind of day!!!!

PS: I went to take photos and discovered my battery was dead; put it in the charger and promptly forgot about it; remembered, so now I can take photos...
Please get a picture; I am dying to see you! You are one of my heros! All your drive and work are making me dizzy! :dizzy:You go girl!!

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 09:23 AM

Hang in there!! Talk to your coach maybe she will be able to think of something to make the scales move!! You may be losing fat and gaining muscle also. I too am post menopausal and a serial dieter and I think my metabolism is so screwed up this is the only way I will lose anything! I am here for you!! :hug:

Fabulous!!! You are doing so well congratulations!!:bravo:

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Hey everyone - I am having such a hard time this week. My girls' Dad came for my oldest daughter's graduation, and will fly back to Alaska tomorrow morning. I've been crying since he got here. I look at my girls and I feel so bad for them that we can't just be a family. It isnt' fair to them that two adults coudn't work out their differences, and so now they have to split their time. Not the way it was meant to be. Tomorrow will be a terrible day for me because I know how they have to feel inside, and their Dad too, when he has to leave. I've had that feeling before, and I hate it and I hate that anyone else has to have that feeling too.

Divorce is as sad as death and I am so sorry for you! :hug:

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
:love:Hi Everyone! I want to wish everyone a 100% OP day today; let those pancreases rest away~~

My prayes and best wishes go out to everyone here today; I feel so blessed to be a part of this 3fc's IP community and to have found new friends all over the globe!!
:hug:

CassiR
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Morning all.
I start vacation tonight and I'm super excited! I'll get to see my family I miss so much.
Maintenance is ..interesting, however, I think I may go back to p1 when vacation is over. I will probably need to anyways because I'm not sure how well behaved I'll be. But I want to fit comfortably in a size 4 pants. Right now I'm good in a 6 but my legs and butt are much slimmer than my tummy and my pants are really saggy in the back which is quite embarassing. I can squeeze into a 4 but it just doesnt feel right and they give me a muffin top. I still feel like my stomach sticks out too much and that does not make me happy. So maybe p1 for a week or 2 will do it. I hope so. I hope I'll be able to give up my p3 breakfasts for a while. I can do it! It'll be worth it when I feel comfortable wearing a bikini this summer..
It'll be interesting to see how my family reacts to my weight loss. I don't see a huge difference myself but they are the only one's who have not seen me since before I started IP.

Anyways, have a great OP day everyone! And good luck to those who WI today.

pegv
05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello Peg, It took me some time to get used to it. They say that this diet can cause us to look gaunt at first, and I agree. Only you will know when the time is right. I lost so much that some of the extra pounds was actually extra skin, so I had to account for that on the scale.

Maybe taking a few photos of yourself to study will help? I still don't look in the mirror and see what others see, and when I see a photo, I am usually surprised...

The only other factor I can think of is healthwise, maybe it's worth a check-in with your doctor to see how you are doing. There is a limit on how much weight loss is healthy in terms of the kidneys. If you make the decision based on health and leave any additional firming up to exercises you can do later, that may be a way to go too.

Hope I made sense...I think I'm still half-asleep. ;)

Thanks Sewman for this wise advise! I have always looked at myself overweight even when I weighed 115 pounds when I was young. My husband told me to just look at what my body fat is and go from there.

Peg

Karen71
05-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Keeping Joplin and the extended family in my thoughts and prayers today. :hug:

Karen71
05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning fellow IPers! Third WI tomorrow and so excited. I stepped on my home scale this morning and definitely down again but not sure how accurate it is. Hate the digital scale as it is different every time I step on it. I don't believe the weight so I do it a second or third time. Need to go back to the old fashion scales that have the dial. Definitely feel it in my face and some clothes. I have the weight spread all over so when I lose 20lbs I might not drop down a full size. Frustrating but as long as it is coming off.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

CassiR
05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks Sewman for this wise advise! I have always looked at myself overweight even when I weighed 115 pounds when I was young. My husband told me to just look at what my body fat is and go from there.

Peg

This is so true peg. I'm the same height as you and am at 120. I still don't feel comfortable with my body. Better than before but when you said that even when you weighed 115 you still werent happy. This is true for me as well. I've always looked at myself with imperfections. DH told me that I'm perfect the way I am now and that it's just toning that will help with my insecurities. He is probably right. He says that I've learned so much about food and nutrition that he can't see me ever going back to where I was, even though he didn't think I was fat then either. He laughes when I freaked out about eating an ounce of almonds when I found out how many calories they were. And when I worry about eating too much fruit. I may need to just stay at this weight and maintain for a while and see where I feel in about a month. It's so hard to decide.

salmongirl
05-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Meadow Wheeler, where in MT do you live? I live in Salmon Idaho and we are getting much needed rain today too. Or at least it looks like we will get it, you never know...

Shathom, I am post-menopausal too and the weight does move slower for us but it does move! I like to weigh everyday but after you do it for awhile you realize that the scale moves up and down all week. don't panic, just relax and go with it, it does ultimalely go down!

CassiR, enjoy vacation! Let us know how it goes!

Rissimo, keep inspiring! I love it when you are on site, you keep us going!

It looks to be a rainy day here in Idaho, which is good, we need it! I might be forced indoors and will have no excuse not to get the laundry done...drats!

When I jumped on my scale first thing this morning I saw 199.9! AHHHHH! It won't be that for my official weigh in today because it is always lower first thing in the morning but I SAW it, it can and will happen even if not officially until next week! :hat::hat::hat:

I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day! Be the best LOSER you can be!

CkM
05-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Good Morning! I hope everyone is doing well! I am trying to get into a regimn of physical activity as well during the day. I am just having a hard time finding the motivation. I would rather go lay in bed and read! Plus it doesn't help that my little boy comes in every morning and joins me in my bed around 4. I have been setting my alarm for 5 to go ride because I get up at 5:30 usually to get ready for the day. Any idea's how I can keep him in his own bed so I can find the motivation to get up at 5 to go for a bike ride?

LizRR
05-22-2012, 10:16 AM
The little guy woke up feverish and pukey, why oh why did I buy the bright ORANGE pedialyte! He's happy and normal otherwise, I'm playing his favorite baby sign dvds and giving a lot of cuddles. So skipping early WI this week, but still need to pick up my food before we leave.

Molly, I will try to get shirts out in the mail before Fri, I will PM you when they are out. If not by thur, will be next week.

mooselover
05-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning Peeps!!! I did a bunch of "Spring Cleaning" yesterday. I found someone at my IP clinic that could use my size 14 clothes. If felt so good to get those out of my house. I am feeling soooo much better lately. Hoping my health issues are over and I keep feeling this way. I started walking again. Got in a few walks last week and a nice one yesterday. I love to be outside, even if my allergies are driving my crazy. Hope all of you have a great IP day!!!

Lace and Levis
05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your new avatar pic. Have lots of fun getting your new dress. You sure deserve it!

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

I was going to say PICTURE!!!....lol

Peg
It doesn't matter what that scale says, go by how you feel and the way you look. Your clothes I am sure are much bigger than they used to be. I have shrunk from the waist up A LOT but to me my waist down has not shrunk at all. I DO have a lap now....lol....where as before I could barely see my knees, I now have an apron but I wear my body shaper to help hold it close to my body. I am not getting any smaller there as far as inches wise. That is where all of my fat is stored I suppose, If I could lift that part of my body and put it on a scale I know it would probably weigh 25-30lbs for sure. THAT is the part of my body that I hate. I am fitting into a size 20 pants (from walmart) as to when I started I was in a size 36pants at Catherine's because that is the ONLY place I could find pants. It will take some time for your mind to catch up to your body but you will get there :)

NOOOOOOO funk moods around here, the ONLY FUNK that can be around here is FUNKY music....hahaha....You are NOT going to FAIL....YOU will hold your head up, put a smile on your face and stay OP. YOU can do this, the past is in the past, today is the present and you are giving yourself a present of being and staying healthy so that your FUTURE will big bright and happy!

What has happened between you and your ex is something that has happened to a lot of people, including me as well. When 2 people can't work it out its best to go their separate ways like that the kids don't have to see the fighting and disagreeing. Your kids are old enough to understand that, yes its hard for them but remember YOU are the one who needs to be happy. Your kids will grow up and leave and be happy, you don't have to stay unhappy so that they can be happy. I learned that over time, their lives have just begun. I have been divorced for almost 7 yrs now, my boys have always lived with me, their dad rarely comes to see them, they always have to go there. He is 3 hours away, when he does come to visit them I let him stay here so that he doesn't have to pay for a hotel. My oldest resents his dad and my youngest gets what he wants...he is the "golden" child in my ex's eyes. I love my boys both the same and they know it. I try to provide them with what they need, they are grown boys now. I have to learn to back off but its hard after doing it for 7 yrs....OOPS sorry didn't mean to make it so long but your children will understand more than you know.

Lace and Levis
05-22-2012, 12:03 PM
:love:Hi Everyone! I want to wish everyone a 100% OP day today; let those pancreases rest away~~

My prayes and best wishes go out to everyone here today; I feel so blessed to be a part of this 3fc's IP community and to have found new friends all over the globe!!

Darralyn, I love having you as part of our family too. You always seem so upbeat and have a genuine heart. We can always count on you to be there with your words of encouragment. Thank you. :hug:

Jag23
05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I want to see if I have been able to change my Avitar

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
WOW!!! You are all such an inspiration to me!! Every post I read makes me want to congratulate each one of you on not only your physical accomplishments but your emotional ones as well! Keep up the great work everyone!!
I hope you dont mind one more addition to the IP plan. Since I learned about it here I have been reading everything in site while I wait for my supplies to arrive. I bought them through the to go program. Until they arrive I am keeping carbs way down which is the opposite of how I usually eat. I am a fruit, cookies, and pretzel junkie. I would never have believed that statement in a million years because I dont eat those foods during the day - just on weekend nights while zoning out infront of the television. Naturally this turned into not just friday night but sat, sun, and now atleast 5 days a week! To counter the effects I was doing alot of green juice fasting days but over time this stopped working for me. - Shocker! My eating habits are awful as a result. I am dying to get off of the roller coaster which is hard as family members say every sunday night - lets fast theses next few days - noooooo! So I am thrilled that I may actually balance my blood sugar and develop consistent eating habits!
Thanks again to everyone here, your posts are so helpful!!

Andie0606
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Getting another new coach. This is my fourth one since starting IP Jan. 30. Arggg! I'm so aggravated. They pass us off from one to the other like we're paper dolls, not real people. I'm seriously thinking about quitting the clinic and finishing up on my own. I can get my IP products online, so I'm not worried about that. I want to lose about 10 more pounds, and then move to Phase 2. My only concern is going through the rest of the phases--2, 3, and finally getting to 4. I so don't want to mess this up. I want to be sure I get through the rest of the phases properly. I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any ideas/suggestions. Thanks!
Andie

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Andie!
I am new to the boards but not to dieting, wellness coaching etc...you sound like you have the knowledge to complete this program, and posting here provides amazing support, - what does a coach provide that you like? I am doing the online programs so no coach but I have found a wealth of information, books, youtube videos etc. I will come here for the daily support and I am happy to help you anyway I can:)

sandralosingweight
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone,

We had an amazing long weekend in here, my family and I went to Kingston, Ontario and we spent lots of time on the water with my step daughter and husband jetskiing :)

Here is a picture of me from this weekend, and it is the most recent picture of me, so I'm sure that at one point I'll use it for my before and after photos :)

Anyway, as some of you may know about me that I have been struggling with sticking back to the program 100% after Christmas and as time passed by and it is almost 6 months now since Christmas, I decided to get help, so I asked Wuv to be my online coach and she so nicely agreed, we agreed that I will be reporting my weight to her each Thursday and I will report my measurements to her once a month. Big Thank you Wuv, you're amazing.

And to top it all, I had an appointment with the fertility clinic last week (since I am dying to have a baby and it is not happening) and to my luck, I got the doctor that has to point out about my weight problem in front of my husband, and what made me mad was that she said that I SHOULD be at 180 pounds or less! I got so irritated cause my husband has been hammering my head down with the fact that I should be at 180! and oh boy! I've never seen a bigger smile on his face than at this moment! he looked at me and his eyes were telling me the biggest ''I told you so'' I've heard in my life! I don't know why it upsat me this much, but it did, even though it was the truth, I really did not want to hear it from the doctor especially in front of Scott! But anyway...

In addition to the help I'm getting in here and Wuv's help, I decided to start a blog in which I will share my journey, this way, I keep myself busy and it keeps me more accountable, I will be updating it each day from everything I eat to every emotion I am going through.

Please visit my blog and let me know what you think about it:

http://losingweightbeforehappilygainingit.blogspot.ca/

I wanted to say to Cadu: you look amazing! You will rock at the wedding.

Also the same to Rissimo, you look great and thank you for the MOTIVATION quote, that's nice.

Hope everyone will be doing amazing this week

Andie0606
05-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Andie!
I am new to the boards but not to dieting, wellness coaching etc...you sound like you have the knowledge to complete this program, and posting here provides amazing support, - what does a coach provide that you like? I am doing the online programs so no coach but I have found a wealth of information, books, youtube videos etc. I will come here for the daily support and I am happy to help you anyway I can:)

Thanks, dietpartner. I come to this site constantly throughout the day and have learned tons. I don't post unless I have something different to say, but I'm here! I've got Phase 1 down to a science, so I'm not worried about that. I don't really get much from the "coaching" except measurements (I weigh at home, too, to keep on top of it) and every coach measures differently. The new coach last night didn't put the tape measure anywhere near where the last coach did, and I had to keep moving it to the correct places. I just don't want to mess up when I move on to the rest of the phases. I was told that I would meet back with the nutritionist when I got to Phase 4, and I'm wondering what she will tell me. I'm actually thinking about telling them that I'm phasing off now (while actually staying on phase 1) just to get the information.

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Andie,

I am a newbie here and don't know much about anything but Phase 1. I'm going to be in P1 for a long time. But I do know the folks here will help you when you need it.

Andie0606
05-22-2012, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=usmcvet;4342687]Andie,

I am a newbie here and don't know much about anything but Phase 1. I'm going to be in P1 for a long time. But I do know the folks here will help you when you need it.[/QUOTE

Thanks, usmcvet. I don't consider you a newbie at all!

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
You sound so good - confident! Mess up?? No way! You have new eating habits, you know what your body likes/dislikes - you are so on your way! From working in the health club field for years I know how frustrating it can be to have a new coach - especially if they are measuring you! The orbitape is suppose to be a great product for individual use because it clamps at the measurement point so you can't pull it tight one time and leave it loose the next.

Aud007
05-22-2012, 01:23 PM

That's great, one of those days I like to call "To me / from me" :-) Enjoy, can't wait to see the new pics.

Congrats on the loss, stay focused on your next objectives ;-)

My thoughts are with you ;-)

Great idea. Last Night I took a gallon bag and filled it up with up with a pound of mushrooms and two large green peppers i just sliced up. Now I have them ready to add to my omelet and lean meat. I also cut up a large onion and put it in a seperate baggie. I added them after cooking my lean pork and other veggies.

That's what I call organized. Inspiring.

M-Make short term goals

I like that!

All is well here. I had a dream in which I was sooooo falling off wagon and I felt so frustrated this morning :-) I was happy that all was ok ;-)

Have a great OP day!

shathom
05-22-2012, 01:32 PM

M-Make short term goals
Thank you for the "motivation" rissimo, it has really been inspirational, I realized that I stalled at WW at the same weight loss. I think my inner she devil might be trying to sabotage me :)

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 01:34 PM
WOW!!! You are all such an inspiration to me!! Every post I read makes me want to congratulate each one of you on not only your physical accomplishments but your emotional ones as well! Keep up the great work everyone!!
I hope you dont mind one more addition to the IP plan. Since I learned about it here I have been reading everything in site while I wait for my supplies to arrive. I bought them through the to go program. Until they arrive I am keeping carbs way down which is the opposite of how I usually eat. I am a fruit, cookies, and pretzel junkie. I would never have believed that statement in a million years because I dont eat those foods during the day - just on weekend nights while zoning out infront of the television. Naturally this turned into not just friday night but sat, sun, and now atleast 5 days a week! To counter the effects I was doing alot of green juice fasting days but over time this stopped working for me. - Shocker! My eating habits are awful as a result. I am dying to get off of the roller coaster which is hard as family members say every sunday night - lets fast theses next few days - noooooo! So I am thrilled that I may actually balance my blood sugar and develop consistent eating habits!
Thanks again to everyone here, your posts are so helpful!!
Welcome to the IP family, sounds to me like you are already on the right track by cutting the carbs and such. You will have your good days and your bad, not going to lie about that but overall you will have more good than bad. Put your head in the game and keep your eye on the prize...your goal!...You can do this, many of us are here and ALL will help where we can....good luck!!:hug::hug:

Getting another new coach. This is my fourth one since starting IP Jan. 30. Arggg! I'm so aggravated. They pass us off from one to the other like we're paper dolls, not real people. I'm seriously thinking about quitting the clinic and finishing up on my own. I can get my IP products online, so I'm not worried about that. I want to lose about 10 more pounds, and then move to Phase 2. My only concern is going through the rest of the phases--2, 3, and finally getting to 4. I so don't want to mess this up. I want to be sure I get through the rest of the phases properly. I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any ideas/suggestions. Thanks!
Andie
Andie, you have had coach issues from the start. Phase 2 and 3 will be easy and 4 will be easy as well. There are enough of us here to help you out. You have phase 1 down, phase 2 is just eat the same thing for lunch as you do dinner. Phase 3 gets a little more complicated but is really easy. You can do this, I have no doubts about it. Maybe one of the BR girls like Paintlady can team up with you since she is already in Maintenance and help guide you there. I am not there yet but I will sure help you out if you need :)

PUPRZR
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Hello, I am new to this post thing but wanna give it a try. I have been OP since March 1 and am down 27#. I feel really good and motivated but can use some company:spin:

shathom
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Wuv, thank you for the words of encouragement! (I love funky music too).
Salmongirl, thank you also. I WILL be more positive about dropping this weight, it IS gonna happen!

Have a great day ladies, again thanks!

sanaroph
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon all :wave:

Congratulations to the losers who had WI's today

Have a great OP day!

Cadu You may be pleasantly surprised that you will fit in a size 12 dress. You look great

NSV are happening for me.. Just realised that my size 16 stretchy pants are loose! The other size 16 jeans are dropping off of me.. Cant wait to keep staying on track and watch the weight drop off!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Hello, I am new to this post thing but wanna give it a try. I have been OP since March 1 and am down 27#. I feel really good and motivated but can use some company:spin:
Welcome to the IP family and congrats on your loses so far. This is an amazing program and the support here is terrific.....pop a squat and join in....you could be here for hours reading though so I am warning you....this site is addictive!....haha

Porthardygurl
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Good Morning All.. a dreary day in Port Hardy, BC but nonetheless, another day.

Its DAY 5 for me. Last night i barely survived..and when i mean barely survived.. i mean..man did i feel sick.. i had like the worst stomach ache/headache/fatigue and man was i irritable yesterday, i got mad at everything...

Well Its day 5 now and i think i woke up on the right side of the bed this morning because im down another pound, im not irritable, im not feeling exhausted and my stomach doesnt ache. Praise God! I think i can actually see my stomach slimming down. Usually when i eat carbs it looks like im six months pregnant, but now that i have no carbs except veggies in my diet, my stomach has gone from looking pregnant, to finally reducing the bump down to virtually flat..Now i just have flat jiggly fat...i dont look pregnant anymore... And my shirts can actually go back to fitting normal on me...Its amazing what 5 days without bready carbs can do for a person!

Anywho.. i hope all of you have a great day.

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Wuv!! Thank you so much!!! I have read your entire story and I was so impressed!! Your courage and tenacity are wonderful!!!
Thank you for the warm welcome::))

sanaroph
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM

Its DAY 5 for me. Last night i barely survived..and when i mean barely survived.. i mean..man did i feel sick.. i had like the worst stomach ache/headache/fatigue and man was i irritable yesterday, i got mad at everything...

Well Its day 5 now and i think i woke up on the right side of the bed this morning because im down another pound, im not irritable, im not feeling exhausted and my stomach doesnt ache. Praise God! I think i can actually see my stomach slimming down. Usually when i eat carbs it looks like im six months pregnant, but now that i have no carbs except veggies in my diet, my stomach has gone from looking pregnant, to finally reducing the bump down to virtually flat..Now i just have flat jiggly fat...i dont look pregnant anymore... And my shirts can actually go back to fitting normal on me...Its amazing what 5 days without bready carbs can do for a person!

You are getting over the hump Porthardy. The first week is the roughest. :carrot: hang in there !! You will be amazed at how much you have lost by day 7!

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Wuv!! Thank you so much!!! I have read your entire story and I was so impressed!! Your courage and tenacity are wonderful!!!
Thank you for the warm welcome::))

Thank you and you are welcome, glad to have you aboard. I have a link in my signature to video's I have posted along the way if you haven't seen them yet. Stay positive!

Ray
05-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm so happy to be back on this site. I've been away since about sept 2011 and am so excited to get back on track. This is the best diet ever. It's great to see all the new faces and the old ones too. It's time for ME to get back in shape. I really enjoy reading all your posts.

Andie0606
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
You sound so good - confident! Mess up?? No way! You have new eating habits, you know what your body likes/dislikes - you are so on your way! From working in the health club field for years I know how frustrating it can be to have a new coach - especially if they are measuring you! The orbitape is suppose to be a great product for individual use because it clamps at the measurement point so you can't pull it tight one time and leave it loose the next.

I'll have to look for one of those. Are they readily available? My clinic just uses a regular measuring tape.

Andie0606
05-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the IP family, sounds to me like you are already on the right track by cutting the carbs and such. You will have your good days and your bad, not going to lie about that but overall you will have more good than bad. Put your head in the game and keep your eye on the prize...your goal!...You can do this, many of us are here and ALL will help where we can....good luck!!:hug::hug:

Andie, you have had coach issues from the start. Phase 2 and 3 will be easy and 4 will be easy as well. There are enough of us here to help you out. You have phase 1 down, phase 2 is just eat the same thing for lunch as you do dinner. Phase 3 gets a little more complicated but is really easy. You can do this, I have no doubts about it. Maybe one of the BR girls like Paintlady can team up with you since she is already in Maintenance and help guide you there. I am not there yet but I will sure help you out if you need :)

Thanks, Wuv. I hope Paintlady responds.

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Wuv. I hope Paintlady responds.

She is great, I met her once on my way to my mom's in Lafayette and she gave me some of her old clothes it was like christmas....I can't fit in them yet but look out when I can....lol

Lace and Levis
05-22-2012, 02:34 PM

I totally understand the looking like your pregnant and stomach being bloated and hard after eating carbs. My stomach would do that everytime after eating bread or pasta. It is so nice to not have to deal with that anymore. I wish I knew what causes that, but for now I'm just happy to not have it going on. YEAH!! for us both.

Lynnie63
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
This is "**** week" for us swimming pool people. The phone is ringing off the hook, I have people in here and on the phone looking for help with their water, people asking if we are busy and why can't we drop them in at a moments notice - Calgon take me away!!

I didn't end up eating lunch until 1:30 (breakfast at 8:30) and have been too busy to get water as much as ususal (usually I end up drinking 20 glasses throught the day). I'm just eating my romaine at 3pm. Probably should have just grabbed my cauliflower instead.

I just wanted to vent for a second.

Thanks!

cupcakecathy
05-22-2012, 03:13 PM
WI #2 tomorrow for me, hope for a good loss but did go away for the weekend and did as best as I possibly could. Have a week long camping trip coming up in mid June which will test the program for sure.

sandralosingweight
05-22-2012, 03:20 PM
WI #2 tomorrow for me, hope for a good loss but did go away for the weekend and did as best as I possibly could. Have a week long camping trip coming up in mid June which will test the program for sure.

Hello Cupcake Cathy,

I hope your weigh-in will go well.

I am just wondering why you chose Cupcake Cathy as your user name?

I love cupcakes and everything that goes with the decoration of cupcakes, I had a business of cupcakes that unfortunately I had to close since we relocated from Ontario to Quebec, but here is my website, you can check it out and look at the picture gallery: www.totalloveofcupcakes.com.

I really hope that one day I will re-open it, meanwhile I enjoy making treats for family and friends.

cupcakecathy
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
cupcakecathy was a joke name given to me by a friend (nothing to do with the food) now it is what I use for user name's as a joke to the person who gave it to me. But I do love cupcakes and hope to have one by Chistmas.

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys! Quick question - I posted it on the board as well - do you use miracle noodles? If so do you portion them or just use the whole bag?
TY!

NOVAScents
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I think I've finally accepted that I can no longer bake cupcakes/cakes/cookies... you name it. I cannot stop myself from the batter and then next thing I know I've eaten 1/4C (I pray not more!). I'm sure I've knocked myself out of kitosis, but it was just SO freaking good. URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And my WI is tomorrow. And I'm sure my cycle is just around the corner due to my overall grumpiness.

Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better!

NOVAScents
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Guys! Quick question - I posted it on the board as well - do you use miracle noodles? If so do you portion them or just use the whole bag?
TY!

I portion them.

Porthardygurl
05-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Aww NOVA..dont beat yourself up now...just get back on board...I know ive slipped many times in the past and the best thing you can do for yourself is just drink lots of water and get back OP.. i totally understand about the whole TOM and grouchys and cravings...I dont dare bake or even make my daughter KD...or else i would end up eating it all...once you start, its hard to stop...

Tommorow will be better..just keep going!

Cadu
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
So, I got my hair done and did a little bit of dress shopping. I DID fit in a few 12 dresses. I didnt get anything though. I am going back out tonight with my niece to look in the mall. Shopping is still a bit traumatic for me. I am not at the point where I like looking in the mirror yet.

dietpartner
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Nova - thank you for your answer - and.. please dont stress! Easy for me to say but we have all been there - I happen to stay there! You are smart enough to recognize the issue, enjoy it, and now you are ready to continue forward - that is great! TOM can cause the craziest behavior - right now my face looks like a pizza with all the blemishes from TOM and I am 47!! Keep moving forward - you are a rockstar!!!

Kaypix
05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone, checking in. Work hasn't been hectic, but I've been horribly distracted. DH wants to go on a cruise for his b-day now (Sept 20) and we decided on an Alaskan Cruise! I'm super excited and now am planning like a crazy person, even if it IS 3 months away...(or rather nearly 4 months) Life at home is intense, cleaning the garage, next up is the house tonight and then we need to put together the rummage sale items over the next two weeks and in the meantime not lose my mind...no pressure! lol

reneepw
05-22-2012, 04:46 PM
hi everyone,
i have been so busy; no time to check in today. I did want to share that I had my week 4 weigh in on Monday. Down 13.6 in my first month! I'll take it. I'm pumped to move to month 2 and hit my first milestone.

And on another note - I picked up the chocolate drink for the first time and holy cow! What a great hot chocolate! Being on a 'diet' and able to satisfy my chocoholic self is a bonus :)
have a great day everyone!

Diana B
05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
So I had my #14 weigh in today, down 3 lbs......it has been 3 months almost to the day that I started IP, and I have lost 50.2 pounds!! There is no way I could have done this without IP, and all of you :grouphug:

reneepw
05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
So I had my #14 weigh in today, down 3 lbs......it has been 3 months almost to the day that I started IP, and I have lost 50.2 pounds!! There is no way I could have done this without IP, and all of you :grouphug:

congratulations!! that's great to hear!

Longhorn Energy
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM

Wow!! Congrats! 50# is also my goal, almost through the first month, and looking forward to the next few. I agree that there is no way I could have done what I have done without IP.

Big joke in my family is that I have tried everything to lose weight except diet and excercise...Glad I made the commitment.

Darralyn
05-22-2012, 05:06 PM
So, I got my hair done and did a little bit of dress shopping. I DID fit in a few 12 dresses. I didnt get anything though. I am going back out tonight with my niece to look in the mall. Shopping is still a bit traumatic for me. I am not at the point where I like looking in the mirror yet.

You look so adorable with your new hairdo!! Good luck on the shopping tonight! :^:

Diana B
05-22-2012, 05:14 PM

M-Make short term goals

I love this!!:carrot:

Lace and Levis
05-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Your hair looks FABULOUS!!! I can totally relate to your shopping issues. I had to go back and take my mom because when I looked in the mirror I kept seeing the same old me even though my clothes were so much smaller. When I was by myself I just sat in the dressing room and cried, because my mind was playing so many tricks on me. Trusting moms opinion was hard as well. Again my brain asking is it true or is she just being mom. Trust your niece! Relax and have fun!!!!!!

patns
05-22-2012, 05:41 PM

Peg

What type of scale are you using that says you are obese? Do you have the kind that measures body fat?
I think you must have lots of muscle. I am 5'1" and weigh 128 and wear size 10 pants. I am older and have flab and not a lot of muscle.

Muscle weighs more so weight doesn't tell the true story. It is size that is more accurate.

Pat

Diana B
05-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Meadow Wheeler, where in MT do you live? I live in Salmon Idaho and we are getting much needed rain today too. Or at least it looks like we will get it, you never know...

Shathom, I am post-menopausal too and the weight does move slower for us but it does move! I like to weigh everyday but after you do it for awhile you realize that the scale moves up and down all week. don't panic, just relax and go with it, it does ultimalely go down!

It looks to be a rainy day here in Idaho, which is good, we need it! I might be forced indoors and will have no excuse not to get the laundry done...drats!

When I jumped on my scale first thing this morning I saw 199.9! AHHHHH! It won't be that for my official weigh in today because it is always lower first thing in the morning but I SAW it, it can and will happen even if not officially until next week! :hat::hat::hat:

I'm in Western Washington State so of course we have rain today, lol, but we have had some really nice weather, it's just taking a break right now:dizzy:. I can't wait to see onederland, it's been close to ten years since I've seen it:o. Have an awesome OP week!

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 05:56 PM

Carol

You're beautiful. Very nice haircut.

NewPath
05-22-2012, 06:14 PM

Hi Shathom,
You might want to think about geting rid of the scale. I do not own one, and I only weigh at my weekly visits. I can get obsessive, like with the 4 bottles of Ketostix that I have gone through in 5 weeks! It is so relaxing not worrying about the weight until the day before WI.....and even that anxiety has gone WAY down. Every week I am pleasantly shocked at the loss. Just a thought....

wendywendy
05-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm soooo excited and happy..... had my WI 4 tonight...i lost another 3 lbs and 12.75 inches thus far for a total lost of 19.5 lbs in 1month!!!!! Im so astonished that i have done all this in 1 month.....wowzers!!!!! Thank you for all your support....im so motivated and determined to stay 100% OP...... :carrot::D:carrot:

SewingMomma
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm soooo excited and happy..... had my WI 4 tonight...i lost another 3 lbs and 12.75 inches thus far for a total lost of 19.5 lbs in 1month!!!!! Im so astonished that i have done all this in 1 month.....wowzers!!!!! Thank you for all your support....im so motivated and determined to stay 100% OP...... :carrot::D:carrot:

Great job!!!!!!

wendywendy
05-22-2012, 06:28 PM

LOVE the new picture...you look super!!!! :hug:

LizRR
05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
And to top it all, I had an appointment with the fertility clinic last week (since I am dying to have a baby and it is not happening) and to my luck, I got the doctor that has to point out about my weight problem in front of my husband, and what made me mad was that she said that I SHOULD be at 180 pounds or less! I got so irritated cause my husband has been hammering my head down with the fact that I should be at 180! and oh boy! I've never seen a bigger smile on his face than at this moment! he looked at me and his eyes were telling me the biggest ''I told you so'' I've heard in my life! I don't know why it upsat me this much, but it did, even though it was the truth, I really did not want to hear it from the doctor especially in front of Scott! But anyway...

In addition to the hetting in here and Wuv's help, I decided to start a blog in which I will share my journey, this way, I keep myself busy and it keeps me more accountable, I will be updating it each day from everything I eat to every emotion I am going through.

Please visit my blog and let me know what you think about it:

http://losingweightbeforehappilygainingit.blogspot.ca/

I am also working to a healthy conception weight. I developed a back problem with my first pregnancy and need to take precautions before going into round 2 in order to avoid complications as much as possible. Wishing you lots of baby luck! And just fyi, my coach advised me that all that released estrogen from our fat reserves helps with fertility so just another reason to stay OP 100% and burn off body fat!

TY!

I think I responded on that thread, but I do portion out my noodle servings.

Awesome WI! Its amazing how time passes and before you know it, a month is gone along with all the weight!

kmc1021
05-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey ya'll!! I had my 5th WI (wow, 5th...really?? Just seemed like yesterday ya'll talked me off the edge of quitting!). I didn't expect much of a loss if one at all because I FINALLY after years had my TOM! I am down 4 lbs!! It must have all happened today from all the walking I did today during field day. I swear I must have walked 10 miles today!! I am a happy camper. I officially am down 20+ lbs and it feels amazing! I hope this momentum continues, especially because I am going home in a few weeks and I want to at least be back to what I was before I left! I only have a few more days of school left so that will be interesting to see how I do when not in a normal routine!!

This weekend I did SO well not cheating! I had prepared a few huge meals and even ordered and picked up pizza for all the guys Saturday night. I didn't touch it, didn't even have an interest to. :)

Sonyasbug
05-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Having a sad day despite the 2.2 pound loss. Onto week 7... What's the 7 th week thing I have seen here and there?

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Having a sad day despite the 2.2 pound loss. Onto week 7... What's the 7 th week thing I have seen here and there?
Sorry you are having a sad day but 2.2lb loss is NOTHING to be sad about Jump up and down and yell from the roof tops that is something to be proud of!

OOPS forgot to post this....A friend of mine had this as her status...."OMG - I just found what's making/keeping me fat..my shampoo bottle says it creates volume so I'm switching to dish detergent; it says it removes fat and grease."......HAHAHAHA

Aud007
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
OOPS forgot to post this....A friend of mine had this as her status...."OMG - I just found what's making/keeping me fat..my shampoo bottle says it creates volume so I'm switching to dish detergent; it says it removes fat and grease."......HAHAHAHA

Haha!! I love this ;-)

auroragrl
05-22-2012, 07:58 PM
The last few days - I have felt hungry, but when I go to eat - I'm just not. I've had trouble getting everything in - and have focused on the protein and let the veggies go. For supper, I had a taco salad and stir fry veggies. Yummy stuff that I like, but could only eat 1/2 the veggies and was full but made myself eat the meat.

Is that normal and am I right for focusing more on the protein? Anyone else experience this?

auroragrl
05-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Good Morning Everybody!

Cadu - I love your haircut - and just have to tell you that you motivate me! :)

Shrinking Sandra
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
i have a question.....

last year i did IP and was a stay at home mom so I would be able to wake up at 7ish and have my breakfast everyday at 8 lunch at 12 then id snack on veggies around 3 and dinner at 6 and snack before bed everyday. but this time around I have to be up for work at 5am so I am trying to figure out how to space my packets! I start back tomorrow. I don't want to wait until 8am to have breakfast, but i also dont want to eat at 5am and starve until lunch. what should I do? thanks!

Momofckl
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I started IP the end of Feb and am down 45 lbs....about 30 to go. The last 2 weeks I have only lost 1.8 lbs each week so I was getting a little discouraged until I went shopping today. Everything I brought into the dressing room was to big!! I was shopping at Ann Taylor Loft so a regular store as opposed to Lane Bryant where I used to have to shop. I ended up leaving with size 10 pants....3 pairs!! And large and medium tops it has been well over 13 years since I have worn this size!! I pretty sure some of it is vanity sizing and sizes are bigger now but I will take it!!

Also at Target today I discovered Tazo Iced Green Tea bags. Each bag makes 2 quarts. It is yummy and I have finished almost the entire 2 quars this afternoon. I did drinkit unsweetened but do you think this is of much tea?

ShrinkingSusan30
05-22-2012, 09:10 PM
I had my very first weigh in today and I was down over 10 lbs. I was elated at first but then my coach told me that I didn't lose any fat...only water weight and some muscle. I stayed OP 100% so I am a little discouraged that I didn't burn any fat at all my first week. My coach said that we'll keep going with the plan and see what kind of results I have for WI#2. I am going to stick to it but I was just a little worried because she looked shocked when I had lost no fat at all.

willsmashfat
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Carol - your hair looks great. I am sure that you will find the perfect dress.

Rissimo - your letter to self idea and your inspirational ideas are great - keep em coming.

Joplin - I hope the town stopped to realize their collective strength through the whole ordeal. Hugs to you!

Like some on here, I read the posts - sometimes a day or two later but don't post much. My losses have been small and slow but I accept them and don't want others to be discouraged. BUT today, I am down 2.2 lbs!! and that is the most I have lost since week 1. I was actually whooping it up with my coach and the receptionist and doctor both came in to see what was going on. I know that it doesn't seem like much compared to some but it is HUGE for me. I now have less than 20lbs to go reach me goal - and lots of people out there are about 20lbs overweight - so I am closer to normal!
Thank you all for your support!

anume2012
05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Good evening IPeeps. Guess what? Rhubarb is really good even without the strawberries and pie crust. Who knew??!?
I love that this plan. It is making me try all new kinds of veggies. So anyone new to the plan (I am still new too just 8 weeks in) step out of the box and experiment it is so rewarding!

Tammywhiz
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Good Morning Everybody!

Wow you look fabulous !

MrsChill
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just an FYI...IP is no longer making the Peanut Butter Crunch bars. They come with chocolate or vanilla now. So if your a fan of them...stock up! My coach can no longer get them, so I'm going to another place but they will only sell me two boxes a week cause I dont do the program through them. Guess they are going to see me weekly until they are out of the product!!

Cheers to you all! Keep you chin up and keep moving forward.

Aud007
05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
i have a question.....

last year i did IP and was a stay at home mom so I would be able to wake up at 7ish and have my breakfast everyday at 8 lunch at 12 then id snack on veggies around 3 and dinner at 6 and snack before bed everyday. but this time around I have to be up for work at 5am so I am trying to figure out how to space my packets! I start back tomorrow. I don't want to wait until 8am to have breakfast, but i also dont want to eat at 5am and starve until lunch. what should I do? thanks!

I wake up at 5:30, here is what works for me:

5:30 - glass water + hot tea
6:15 - breakfast
12:00 - lunch (I rarely am starving...when I am, my coach said to take 3-4 plain almonds - that + water works everytime).
6:00 - dinner
7:30 - snack

I have to admit tea + water save me. I have about 3 cups of tea / day and it really helps me. It's been 3 weeks and working just fine. Let us know what you try.

mtnsun4
05-22-2012, 09:47 PM

I wanted to say that I have really enjoyed your posts each day. You have such a warm smile- just wanted to let you know.

Best wishes for ONEDERLAND tomorrow!!
Nothing much on my end- TOM this week (could be a good reason why the scale didn't move much last week). I have been OP and feeling good! Hope everyone has a great evening!

pegv
05-22-2012, 09:53 PM
What type of scale are you using that says you are obese? Do you have the kind that measures body fat?
I think you must have lots of muscle. I am 5'1" and weigh 128 and wear size 10 pants. I am older and have flab and not a lot of muscle.

Muscle weighs more so weight doesn't tell the true story. It is size that is more accurate.

Pat

I weigh on the scale at the clinic and it tells you your fat mass, muscle, etc. I am 63 and larger at the top than the bottom. I have been doing the colagen every day and maybe thats helping me to shrink . My weight has been slow but my measurements have always gone down every week. The only part of my body that hasn't shrank much is my arms. Thanks Pat for your response!

Peg

Cadu
05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Your hair looks FABULOUS!!! I can totally relate to your shopping issues. I had to go back and take my mom because when I looked in the mirror I kept seeing the same old me even though my clothes were so much smaller. When I was by myself I just sat in the dressing room and cried, because my mind was playing so many tricks on me. Trusting moms opinion was hard as well. Again my brain asking is it true or is she just being mom. Trust your niece! Relax and have fun!!!!!!

thats how I felt this afternoon, I just wanted to cry.

Carol

You're beautiful. Very nice haircut.

Cadu - I love your haircut - and just have to tell you that you motivate me! :)

I had my very first weigh in today and I was down over 10 lbs. I was elated at first but then my coach told me that I didn't lose any fat...only water weight and some muscle. I stayed OP 100% so I am a little discouraged that I didn't burn any fat at all my first week. My coach said that we'll keep going with the plan and see what kind of results I have for WI#2. I am going to stick to it but I was just a little worried because she looked shocked when I had lost no fat at all.

Carol - your hair looks great. I am sure that you will find the perfect dress.

Rissimo - your letter to self idea and your inspirational ideas are great - keep em coming.

Joplin - I hope the town stopped to realize their collective strength through the whole ordeal. Hugs to you!

Like some on here, I read the posts - sometimes a day or two later but don't post much. My losses have been small and slow but I accept them and don't want others to be discouraged. BUT today, I am down 2.2 lbs!! and that is the most I have lost since week 1. I was actually whooping it up with my coach and the receptionist and doctor both came in to see what was going on. I know that it doesn't seem like much compared to some but it is HUGE for me. I now have less than 20lbs to go reach me goal - and lots of people out there are about 20lbs overweight - so I am closer to normal!
Thank you all for your support!
Wow you look fabulous !

Thanks you guys :hug:

I did get a dress tonight thanks to my nieces and sister that came with me, it is a size 12. They did make me try on many of them. But it is done!! yaay

I started IP the end of Feb and am down 45 lbs....about 30 to go. The last 2 weeks I have only lost 1.8 lbs each week so I was getting a little discouraged until I went shopping today. Everything I brought into the dressing room was to big!! I was shopping at Ann Taylor Loft so a regular store as opposed to Lane Bryant where I used to have to shop. I ended up leaving with size 10 pants....3 pairs!! And large and medium tops it has been well over 13 years since I have worn this size!! I pretty sure some of it is vanity sizing and sizes are bigger now but I will take it!! Also at Target today I discovered Tazo Iced Green Tea bags. Each bag makes 2 quarts. It is yummy and I have finished almost the entire 2 quars this afternoon. I did drinkit unsweetened but do you think this is of much tea?

Hey ya'll!! I had my 5th WI (wow, 5th...really?? Just seemed like yesterday ya'll talked me off the edge of quitting!). I didn't expect much of a loss if one at all because I FINALLY after years had my TOM! I am down 4 lbs!! It must have all happened today from all the walking I did today during field day. I swear I must have walked 10 miles today!! I am a happy camper. I officially am down 20+ lbs and it feels amazing! I hope this momentum continues, especially because I am going home in a few weeks and I want to at least be back to what I was before I left! I only have a few more days of school left so that will be interesting to see how I do when not in a normal routine!!

This weekend I did SO well not cheating! I had prepared a few huge meals and even ordered and picked up pizza for all the guys Saturday night. I didn't touch it, didn't even have an interest to. :)

Whooo hooooooo great job you guys!

purple sky
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Keep shopping. It's weird at first and you may find yourself grabbing for the wrong size for a bit but then you'll pick up something smaller than you think should fit and it will fit. It takes practice. Also, some of the stores have better lighting in their dressing rooms. Try those.

sanaroph
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM

That is awesome Congratulations!! :carrot:

audgirl78
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Good Morning Everyone! Noob question: When making the spinach smoothies, do you use 2 cups of spinach and say a vanilla packet and then blend away? Just having a hard time getting in the 4 cups of veggies daily

I never had any problem getting my 4 cups of veggies in, but I just started doing the spinach in my smoothie for something else. I just out a handful of baby spinach for the bowl into the blender with some WF Choc syrup, packer of stevia, vanilla packet and about 6 oz of water. Mix well then add about 2 cups of ice. You can't really taste the spinach, it's just a little sweeter to me.

Good luck!

audgirl78
05-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey there. Y the day is almost over for most of us, but I wanted to make sure I get my post on here!

WI at 7:15 tomorrow morning. My hubby had hid e scale from me a few weeks ago since I lived on the thing...he did give it back to me the other day after promising him it would be not that bad ever again. So if the official WI scale says what mine did, I would have an incredible week. I know any lose would be great, but I really need a good week.

See you all tomorrow and great job to all of you!

Volly
05-22-2012, 10:50 PM
WI today, and I lost 4 pounds. I LOVE this diet! Love the new haircut, Cadu! You look great! Good luck with all WIs tomorrow.

Violetgal
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi, everyone! I am on day 4 of IP and feeling good. I had my first WI yesterday (day 3) because I needed to change appt. days and I gained half a pound and lost 2.5". Is it weird not to start dropping pounds right away? So far, IP has been easier than I thought it would be, although a lot of the packets really gross me out. I am trying to take it day by day rather than focusing on the months ahead, but I find it difficult not knowing how long I will be on Phase 1 for. I'm also wondering if anyone has suggestions for WF Chocolate Dip? I bought some and it's yummy, but I am not sure what to do with it, other than add it to IP drinks. Any other suggestions/things to dip in it? I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Longhorn Energy
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just an FYI...IP is no longer making the Peanut Butter Crunch bars. They come with chocolate or vanilla now. So if your a fan of them...stock up! My coach can no longer get them, so I'm going to another place but they will only sell me two boxes a week cause I dont do the program through them. Guess they are going to see me weekly until they are out of the product!!

Cheers to you all! Keep you chin up and keep moving forward.

Uhmmm, thats not gonna work...Thats my favorite. Dang, WI tomorrow, I will stock up.

thanks for the heads up!

Stefany1769
05-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Awesome! :yay: :yay:

Hahaha, that is funny! :D

Stefany1769
05-23-2012, 12:43 AM
i have a question.....

I don't have quite the gap that you do but I can tell you what I have done to bridge the gaps so to speak.
Breakfast 7am packet
Snack 1/2 cup veggies
Lunch at noon, packet with veggies
Snack at 4pm normally a hard boiled egg with lettuce
Dinner at 6:30-7:00 veggies and protein
Snack at bedtime, packet

Don't forget that you are allowed two egg whites a day and you can break those veggies up however you need to. :) hope this helps!