Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias # 15

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a clear sunny 66º day here in the ♥-Land as I type. The high temperature for the day is said t be 82º’s. Yes, it is summertime. I showed a “maintain” at weigh in this morning. Hopefully the scale will budge downward a pound next weigh day so I can take my 80 pounds down measurements. I’ll watch my p’s and q’s real closely this week again and hopefully I can lose that pound that is hanging on now for 2 weeks for my weight has been the same now for 3 weeks running. I need to change something that my system has gotten used to. Tweek my program a bit. The dogs are at the groomer getting a nice bath and will come home smelling so good. Cecil checked every room for them then went into the bedroom and is now napping on the bed.

I get a small mailing from Consumer Reports on Health and in it is an article that made me think of DONNA FAYE Yep, Donna it has an article on “Water Workouts Can Help Your Heart” and talks about doing the breaststroke and how good swimming is for you. Your computer cover is pretty. Isn’t it neat that they are making so many covers for our toys. The cover I have for my Blackberry is just that ~ black. How boring, I need to shop around for a more colorful one. Your dinner sounds like it was a fun time for all. Family get togethers are a time to cherish.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a sunny cool morning in my corner of the world. I've been to church and will go to the gift shop after lunch. The buyer finally checked in some merchandise that has been sitting there for over 2 weeks, so I can pay the bills while I'm there. We had a busy weekend and although it was "fun" I'm glad it's over. Beth and family came Friday night, Jason and family Saturday morning; we hit the road for a 2 hour drive to Bob's aunt's birthday open house. She was really surprised to see our kids and grandkids so that was fun. Since she owned several Hallmark stores I'm assuming that most of the people attending were connected either from them or from her church. Thank heavens for DS games that kept the kids entertained coming and going. Sunday Bob had to sing at church and I went to the early service. Amanda's parents, sister, dh, and 2 more children in the same age range as ours, came for lunch and Zowie's birthday party. They left about 4:30 and we went to a graduation reception for our pastor's two daughters, came home to pack up left over food for the kids to take home, and they all left. I was tired!

"Gma" -- I when you said you would be on your trip in 18 weeks. I visited with a teacher yesterday and asked how many more days of school he had. He held up 5 fingers and said, "but who's counting?" I hope you like your new doctor and she can give you good feedback to your questions. I also hope Jackson's trip to the hospital goes ok. Beth put a watch battery in her ear when she was about the same age. The doctor managed to get it out with long tweezers. I really like the sandals! I'm glad you enjoyed the brunch. Can you get email and surf the web on your Kindle? Thanks for the beauty place site; I will take a look.

Maggie -- on another maintain! That shows you know what to do in that category. It has been very windy here the past week. We did get 1/4" of rain during a thunderstorm but we need more as it's very dry. I do get strange emails every once in awhile so I'm assuming from ads on Facebook. I at Beanie bringing in dirt clogs! Perhaps he thinks he's bringing you a present! What are you making for a glass project? I just have a top cover on my iPad -- bright!

I have laundry going, need to put my house back together, and vacuum. Enjoy the rest of this marvelous Monday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #3  

Good morning girls! I am working on socks, socks, and more socks this week trying to get something accomplished. I swear that yarn I bought is cursed. I have had nothing but trouble from it and it is twice the cost. It is beautiful colors but never again. It claims to be enough for a pr of adult socks, but I am having to order solid yarn to do the heels and toes because there isn't enough for anyone's socks. I am going back to my favorite place and buy their yarn. I know what I am getting, it doesn't stretch all out of place and it is reasonably priced.

They shipped my Kindle cover bundle, but it is regular mail and is coming from Hawaii of all places so it may be awhile before it gets here. They said by next Thursday so we shall see. I did get some cute ebooks for the cruise. I like the southern humor murder mystery types and got a couple of those and one from a favorite author that just came out.

Jean: I bought my Kindle used from Kelly when she upgraded to the Kindle Fire so it is the Kindle 2 one of the first ones that came out. It serves my purpose which is reading. I can use my Iphone for internet and such. A lot of people don't like it because of screen size, but usually that doesn't seem to be much of a problem with me. Wow, you were sure busy over the weekend. You needed wings I think. I am heading into grandkids birthday this next month. I have Jackson's stuff all picked out to order this week and I told Thomas I needed a list by the end of this month so I could buy presents for him and to keep it under $150 no $1300 computers like he sent me a few years ago by email. Made his mom mad he sent it, but I found it hilarious.

Maggie: Good for you. I know loss is better, but going up is worse than staying in the same place. One thing I like to do when I swim at Kelly and Tom's is to use the diving board to do pull ups. It is great for my upper arms and across my back and having most of my body in the water, it is not impossible like it would be if I were on all dry land. Swimming is a great cardio workout even if you can't swim hard. Water aerobics is terrific for older people and is fun.

Well, Jackson gets his rock out today. He will have a story to tell his kids how dad once had rocks in his head. Oh, here is a pic of them. This is there very first family portrait. Jackson's hair has gotten so dark in the last year. Of course, Alicia has such dark hair. I told Thomas on Sunday I knew he had been out in the sun a lot as his freckles were all out.

My dog is nuts. He has crawled behind the recliner and is laying down. It isn't even hot in the house so it isn't like it is cooler back there. Part of it is because my computer desk sits right next to it and he was barking at me a few minutes ago to get back in the recliner. He doesn't like it when I sit at the desk here for very long. I imagine I get up he will follow and back into my lap he will go.

Well, everyone have a nice day today. It is going to be a scorcher here. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the wilkinsons.jpg (29.3 KB, 16 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #4  

Good morning, ladies! Looks like rain. It's 68 degrees.

I had a really good time at the retreat. I worked at WW on Saturday so I lost half a day but that was okay. Friday is English Paper Piecing and Saturday I'm taking a purse making class.

My neighbor came over yesterday to tell me I had a flat tire. He kindly changed it for me and I went to get a new tire before my drive to work today.

You have been prolific posters! I'm still catching up.

Faye, that is a beautiful family! Jackson has grown so much! I hope everything goes okay for him today. I'm sorry you are having such a time with the socks. That sometimes happens with me for quilting.

Jean, you have been a social butterfly!

Maggie, did that article say water aerobics or swimming? Water aerobics uses weights and is a better workout as far as toning goes so I was just curious. I've been sitting on an exercise ball when I'm on the computer to improve my core muscles. I need to change up my workout every so often because my body becomes used to it and then gets more efficient at doing it and uses less calories for the same work. Do you do anything besides your walking? If your plan is heavy and carbs, try eating more protein and limiting carbs to whole grains only. That's the advice we give at WW.

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Did I mention that I love that liquid Dial soap that is scented like Pomegranate Tangerine? I have a container of it in my bathroom and when I first wash my hands when I get up from bed in the morning it is so pleasant smelling it puts a smile on my face. I hope everyone is doing well this beautiful day. It is currently 60º’s and said to get up to 90ºs before the day is done. AH ~ but it is windy. I have dinner planned for Will bought a lovely steak and if the wind dies down some this evening he can grill it outside and if not I can do it inside. And veggies will be served along with it. I downloaded a neat program for my Blackberry that if I ever lose it or it gets stolen it can be traced and Blackberry will erase all my phone numbers and whatever information I may have on the phone. It is a free little program and I like the idea of them being able to remotely erase all my numbers, etc. Kinda like “big brother” is watching out for me. Scarey thought. It has gotten now that no matter where a person is “they” can find you if you have a cell phone that is. Some of the cars now have a device in them that the powers that be can cause the car to shut down if a person hasn’t made a payment for awhile.

We watched a movie the other night where a young college graduate had cut up all his personal information and burned his money and disappeared into the wilderness of Alaska. I thought if he had not thrown his phone away he could have been saved. When he had eaten a poisonous plant he wouldn’t have died for he could have called and they would have air lifted him out to a hospital for treatment. His body was found a couple weeks later by some hunters. Sad, but a true story. He wanted to disappear and that is what happened when he had a life threatening emergency such as that. He thought he was picking an edible plant but didn’t read about its “look alike” which was poisonous and described on the next page. We have a neat book called Edible Wild Plants by Thomas S. Elias & Peter A. Dykeman that has photographs and goes season by season as a field guide to North America. I bought it way back in ’86. We have taken it with us when out and about and eaten some of the wild plants making sure they matched the picture. Some of the poisonous plants are so pretty and look good to eat but are oh so dangerous. Up at our cabin in the high Sierras grow wild blackberries beside the road that we picked by the bucketful and they are so delicious. They are a slightly different looking berry than the ones that grow out east but just as tasty. We have picked Miners Lettuce there also among some other plants. What is neat there are no poisonious look alikes of the lettuce. When the roots are boiled slightly it brings out a taste like a water chestnut. The leaves and flowers are great in a salad. Ah, and Catail is edible summer, fall & winter. The buds before they ripen are like corn on the cob. There are many ways to fix that plant. Anyway all fruits & veggies need not be purchased at a market for one can go shopping in the wild. I don't do wild mushrooms for they are iffy to tell apart and I don't want to take the chance.

DONNA FAYE What a good looking family. Thanks for sharing the picture. Makes it hard if they aren’t quite honest with how much yarn is there to make a project so you know it will be enough. Good idea of yours to make the heel and tow different though. It will work. BTW was that charming little boy in the picture wearing a pair of sox you had made for him? Your little pooch just wants mommie to sit in that big chair so he can cuddle in your lap.

JEAN You are one whirlwhind of a gal doing all that you do. I don't have any of those neat computer readers or ipads as of yet. "Yet" being the operative word. Kinda waiting until they get better for they always do down the road. I never like to buy the "first" of things of that sort. Will has his eye on one he wants to get for me.. I am building a church and not giving this one away. Next I am going to do a court house & jail I believe. My village is growing and we will need to put up another shelf on which to set them in the front room.

SUSAN What a nice neighbor you have to change your tire for you. It is nice that you had a good time while out and about. Purses ~ now what type of material will you be using? That article was about swimming and doing laps by using the breast stroke keeping your body horizontal with hips and waist in line with the water's surface causing one to move more efficiently through the water. Your advice is well taken and that will be my plan for the week. Fewer carbs for sure will pass these lips. I use my "heavy hands" weights and also my exersize balls from Danskin ~ 2 of the 2 pound squishy weight balls and one of the 5 pound squishy ones which I have been using. I have other items that I will use for a variety. I like the Leslie Sansone dvd's for Walk Away Pounds and several of the WW ones and of course my favorite Richard Simmons Blast & Tone dvd's. I have quite the varitey of equipment which includes all colors of the stretchy bands. I keep it all in a basket easy to get to. I just hadn't been walking much and decided to add that to my routine.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #6  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a warm windy day in my corner of the world. We're on the very edge of a wind advisory until 9 pm and the weatherman showed rain every day through the weekend. We need the rain but hate to see it spoil the whole weekend. I hope he is wrong. I've been catching up on laundry and sorting through a drawer full of recipes I have cut out of magazines and newspapers. Why I save them, I'll never know! Some of them don't even sound good now. Bob is home and prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning at 8. We have to be there by 7:15 and should be back home fairly early.

We had some excitement in our neighborhood yesterday. It happened on the street behind us and a block up. The guy left work saying he was going home for awhile. When he didn't come back someone called his wife to go check on him. She found him hanging in the garage. So sad! We know her because her former mother-in-law was Bob's secretary when he started his job 30 years ago.

Bob had an agency meeting yesterday, and his manager presented him with a mantle clock which chimes and plays a choice of two songs, for his 30 years of service. It even has an engraved plaque on it. He was shocked to say the least. He also got a standing ovation which is unheard of.

"Gma" -- I have this mental picture of you sitting in your recliner with a pile of socks surrounding you! I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the yarn. That is such a good picture of Jay and his family! I hope all goes well for Jackson at the hospital today.

Susan -- I'm sorry about your flat tire but better in your driveway than on the road! It was nice of your neighbor to change it. Will you be quilting a purse? That sounds like a fun class!

Maggie -- I can think of all kinds of good things to fix for supper except that Bob will be limited to clear liquids and I would feel guilty eating something he would enjoy. I know . . . I could eat peas! They are his least favorite vegetable and he wouldn't feel at all left out. I hope your glass creations are going well.

I need to keep moving and do some more sorting. Enjoy the rest of your terrific Tuesday!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #7  

Good morning to you all. It is another hot one here. Going to just stay inside today and try and get some work done. These last couple weeks of this medication seems be causing more problems that the previous months. I guess problems isn't the right word. I have had more cramping and stuff than before. Ahh well, only 15 more days and I am done with the stuff forever.

I have Alicia's first sock into the foot now with no problem. I am going to have to again tear back Jack's sock to the leg and put in a different colored heel and toe so I have enough yarn. I ordered one skein of a solid color and the shipping cost more than the yarn did! I imagine it will be here the first of the week and maybe I will have her socks done and then can tackle Jack's two pair. Then no more knitting for other people until I finish my sweater and my wrap.

I was goofing around online looking for sock yarn with a company I have had good results with and found some gorgeous stuff. One company puts out a line of "rainforest" yarn every year where the bulk of the money goes to rainforest protection and the animals who live there. They has some gorgeous stuff and fairly reasonable. I have found that the really pretty self patterning yarns come from Germany. That is where the yarn for those socks I made my girlfriend came from. They have a style called fancy color and they have the greatest color for the boys for Christmas this year. I am itching to order it, but it will have to wait a couple months.

Jean: Jack had a colonoscopy a few months back and he said there was nothing to it. From what I understand you only need to have one every 10 years. I plan on scheduling mine when I get back from vacation. Want to make sure the colon is all tip top shape with all the stuff I have gone through. Oh my goodness what a horrible thing to happen. That poor woman finding her husband like that. You should see the rock Jackson had in his ear. I thought it would be small but this thing, I don't know how he got it into his ear in the first place. I guess kids can do all sorts of things if they want to. He is doing just grand now. She said he had no pain at all and was sitting watching tv a little dopey from the gas last night.

Maggie: I have that setting on my Iphone where it will erase everything if it ever gets stolen. I think it is a good thing to have for sure. People shouldn't go out in the woods trying to be some kind of wild life people if they don't know what they are doing. This was a prime example of people not prepared for what is out there. There are poisonous berries that look harmless and can kill you in a very short time, you have to know which mushrooms are ok to eat and which ones aren't, etc, etc. I have read more stories about people "going out to live among nature" and killing themselves because they were plain stupid and unprepared. Sad, sad, but adults should know better.

Well gals, it is that time of day. I need to fix myself some lunch and get some work done. Have a grand day all. Faye
Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another hot windy day here, and we are still in a wind advisory until tonight sometime. We need rain! It was an early morning around here and we were back home by 9:30. Bob's colonoscopy was clear this time so he doesn't have to go back for 10 years. Afterwards we went to WM looking for larger life jackets for the kids; they had adult and small children sizes. GRRR! I won't say any more. I'm sure we can find them at the lake but they will cost more.

"Gma" -- Bob had two polyps removed 3 years ago so that is why he had to be rechecked today. Glad to hear the rock is out of Jackson's ear and he is no worse for wear. What will happen when you are finished with your meds if the problems reoccur? I hope they don't! Do you feel better as the day goes along?

Bob is thinking "food" of some sort and hinted that a steak on the grill sounds good. Of course that means a trip to the grocery store, so I had better get going. Enjoy the rest of your wonderful Wednesday!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #9  

Just a quick one this morning ladies. I have been up all night with Fortune. He is sick again and vomiting and pooing all over the house. His tummy is so upset he won't lay still but for a couple minutes so he wouldn't let me sleep either. On top of that, I have that dr appt this morning so I imagine my bp is sky high from no sleep. Ahh well. I just wish he could sleep for a bit. I gave him some antibiotic and his last anti nausea pill but he puked it up and it had been in his tummy long enough to be too soft to put it back down his throat. I gave him a 1/2 tsp syringe full of Pepto and I hope that helps. I came home after taking Jack to work, which takes about an hour and no issues unless he went upstairs while I was gone.

Talk to you all later, just wanted to check in. Gotta go. Faye
Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Thursday already. The time is flying by the older I get. It is said by those who know these things that it will get up into the high 80’s this beautiful mostly sunny day here in the ♥-Land. Tonight we have been invited to go to the home of a woman who is running for some office or other. She is having a hot dog roast and invited lots of folks. She lives in the “big house” side of town. We bought a knife block from a yard sale she had when we first moved here and didn’t have a clue of “who” she was back then. Anyway we have met her at different functions and gotten to know her. It will be interesting plus we get a free meal.

Here are some dried fruit & nut combos that make good for you snacks:
raisins – peanuts
apricots – almonds
cherries – hazelnuts
pineapple – pistachio

I am just easing into the world this day and going to have one of my Schwan’s frozen meal lunches when I get off here. Will is at the museum this day so he will get lunch somewhere near there. Since we are having hot dogs for dinner I don’t have to plan a menu for this day.

DONNA FAYE Your poor little pooch. That is too bad he couldn’t keep his meds down that would help him get better. I am sorry you had a sleepless night then have to go see the doc today. Hopefully your BP isn’t as high this day as you think. Take a deep breath and relax. Maybe a nap this afternoon for a short while so you can sleep well tonight.

JEAN Rain would be nice. We could use some also. Good news about Bob's test coming out with not having to have anything removed this go-round and now can wait the full 10 years before the next one. What a bummer Wal*Mart was sold out of the right size you wanted in a life jacket and since it is in the middle of the season they may not order anymore of that size till next year. I used to have the neatest life jacket that was form fitting that I wore water skiing when I was in my late teens & through my young adulthood. Built to fit a lady if you know what I mean ~ not just flat. I don't own one now but that one was a good one. Enjoy your steak this evening.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #11  

Good Morning, Flowers! I can't sleep so here I am! My crafty group went on a road trip yesterday so I was gone until late afternoon. We stopped first in a small town store that has all kinds of things: gift type items, greeting cards, candles, Avon, sewing notions, and a coffee corner where the locals can meet and gab. Our destination town has all kinds of shops: a quilt shop, antique shops, fashion shop, book store, several small cafes, gift shop, and a museum that I haven't been in since we took the scout troop to visit. I needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store, among which was a pop "sale" of 4 - 12 can cases of Coke for $8.00, which is usually running $4.00+ a case. The coupon was yesterday only and they were sold out. The sign said no rain checks but we got one anyway. You'd think with a holiday weekend someone would have planned ahead.

"Gma" -- I hope Fortune is feeling better and keeping his food down. Poor dog and poor you for having to clean up after him. Hope the doctor appt. went ok.

Maggie -- It didn't look like WM ever had the size jackets we were looking for which is what is NORMAL for this store. They will get just one of a set, or half of an order in bulk items. There was no empty spaces in the line-up and very little selection. It was almost like last years leftovers.

Guess I will move on to surf recipe sites. Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Howdy on this 81º day with scattered thunderstorms here in the ♥-Land. Since the storms are scattered and the wind isn’t blowing we are going to grill burgers for dinner this day. Nothing much going on this Friday day to speak of. Yesterday when Will was going through the books the library sells that have been donated for the purpose of raising money for the place he found one for me. It is a book in brand new condition and originally sold for 28 dollars and he got it for a dollar and a half. The title is Glass Art, “the easy way to a stained glass look.” It is all about painting glass but I can use the patterns and ideas to cut glass to decorate the jars I put mixes in to give for “mix” gifts around the holiday times. What fun I will have. I think after I finish the building I am currently working on I will cut out some patterns that will work on jars and experiment. Christmas will be here before we know it ~ the way time is marching on. You know I said I was cutting my nails ~ well I did cut half the growth off and they still looked long but what I am getting at by saying that is that somehow after I had cut them the one on my right middle finger decided to break during the night. All the growth. Anyway I ended up cutting them all back a bit. Feels weird to have them so short but it makes the one that is broken back not look so bad. Oh vanity, vanity. When it all boils down it just isn’t that important is it.

JEAN Sounds like you had a very fun outing. That is an unheard of a price for soda these days. Good that they give you a check. At that price one could buy enough to soda to last the summer and not be out very much money. Hopefully you can find proper sized vests that will be needed for the children before you go boating. It is so important to wear vests. Summertime events are so much fun.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #13  

Good evening, ladies! Up in the 80s today and lovely.

I had English Paper Piecing today and tomorrow I have my purse class. I'll be going to spend the weekend with Sandy after class. We'll be doing some serious sewing.

The Y is switching from FitLynx to ActivTrac software to record our workouts. I had my appointment to get set up on ActivTrac yesterday after work. I had a very nice young man who did the set up which included working out at the highest possible weight on 8 machines. When I told him I was there for ActivTrac he said "Can you do the machines?" He apologized when we were done because I do the machines very well after doing them for 2 years. This system is so nice because after he input the data, age, height, weight it generates a fresh workout for me every time I go. The workout has machines, a cardio component of my choice, floor exercises, and stepper. The software has nutritional tracking with over 20,000 items in the database and integrates with the exercise. I think I'll really like it. I did my first full workout today and entered it and then it printed out my next workout.

Faye, I hope you forgot to post and aren't feeling bad.

Jean, your crafty trip sounds like so much fun. I order a lot of things from Walmart on line and have them shipped to the store for free.

Maggie, That was a real bargain book! I love finding stuff like that. A real bummer breaking your nail.

I-64 has a 8 mile backup east and 7 miles west at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel - a sure sign summer has begun!

Have a wonder day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #14  

Good morning to you gals. Sorry I didn't get in her yesterday to post. I was so exhausted from Fortune I slept in, then had a bunch of stuff to do in the house and pay bills and such and just did not get in here.

Fortune is doing ok. He ate some pumpkin and rice yesterday and I put our regular food for him this morning to see if he would eat some of it. I guess Jack will reshampoo the carpets this weekend sometime.

It is going to be around 100 degrees here today and we have commissary shopping. I want to get out early and get it done and over with. We have to go to Walmart and get some stuff to after we get groceries all put away. They have a better selection of frozen dinners and ice cream treats for Jack's lunches and such and I need hair color again. Seems like the gray comes roaring back faster and faster. If I could have lovely white hair or beautiful silver, I would be ok with that, but it grows out this really ugly dull color.

I got a deal and a steal with my sandals. They had a Memorial Day weekend sale with them being 50% off so I got both pairs for what one would have cost, plus I had a 15% online coupon so it paid for my shipping.

We have a "does it work" segment each week on one of our tv stations and they did one on these "tan towels." They had 2 people try them and they both raved about them and I went online and found a different brand and had about 32 reviews and they all were 6 stars! So, I bought two boxes for the cruise. I burn so easily that I can't even do tanning bed and I look like a fishes belly. I have tried the creams, sprays, etc and end up streaky or orange and everyone says the towels do not do that. They weren't expensive and lasts about a week so I thought what the heck? If I can get even a little color so I don't look so white and pale. I am going to try them out here at home and see how they do. Every person that reviewed including the tv ones said it doesn't streak, doesn't turn orange and gives a nice even medium tan. Best of all no cooking of my skin.

Oooh, I love my new doctor. She is going to be a real peach and her husband works there so Jack can take him on as his doctor. His doctor left with his wife when my dr left and no one told him. He made an appt with a dr that isn't even there anymore. My doctor gave me her husband's name and told me he is ex Navy surgeon so Jack should be thrilled with that. She was impressed I had lost 11 lbs since my last dr visit and she wants me back in 3 months so just see how things are going with me and such. Oh and my bp was fine, in fact a bit lower than the last time I had been to the dr.

Susan: Sounds like they have a great workout program now. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. I can just imagine the bridge. I know we went out for a bite to eat early last evening and for a Friday it was amazing. It was around 5 pm and the restaurant normally humming was empty. We were only the second patrons in there and they only seated 3 others while we were there so everyone must have skeddaddled out of town. Jack said there was hardly anyone at work.

Maggie: Hope you have fun at your "dog" roast! I have to be careful because I love a good hot dog and most times they are big pts for just one. I am really picky about them though. Good luck on your glass working I know whomever gets it will love it.

Jean: Sounds like you wandered all over. I noticed soda prices at the commissary dropped a bit. We, especially myself are big soda drinkers. We usually buy 2 cases of pepsi one, 2 cases of diet mountain dew, and 3 6 paks of diet IBC root beer. The commissary is the only place in town we have found the diet IBC and we like it a lot. I hate going out and going shopping today, but we have to do it. I used to buy great looking stuff at Walmarts to wear all the time, but the last 4-5 years their stuff is garbage and I wouldn't wear any of it. I stick to my online place. I have to order my swimsuit cover up and my long black skirt next week and another shaper then I am done with all my stuff for the cruise. I have to get Jack some new undies and a couple pair of pj pants. He wears those around the house all the time with tshirts and his are getting holey in the seats and are way too big for him since he has lost weight.

Well girls, I need to type up my grocery list, which is what I originally sat down here for this morning. Believe it or not, I am back to square one with all the socks, but I think I have a handle on the problem now and fixed it. I found that thought they are considered the same "weight" the yarn for Alicia's socks and the ones for Jack are a different thickness. I tore out Alicia's sock again as I put it on night before last and it was too big on my foot and we are about the same. So since her yarn is thicker, I switched the needles for the two and rearranged the size pattern and I think this will do the trick. I sure hope so because I need to get these done.

Have a great three day weekend everyone!!! Faye
Old 05-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #15  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing; it's supposed to be in the 90s today and tomorrow. I'm gearing up for a lazy weekend; the kids are coming and going at the lake, with friends, so there is no need to be there. I'm thinking we may go to Sioux City and look at Scheels for life jackets. I could make a SAMs Club list but know that place will be crazy on a holiday weekend.

Maggie -- I figured out why the Weather Bug said it was 90 degrees here yesterday when it was really only 60 . . . somehow the location got changed to Atlanta, Georgia. The glass art book sounds like something you will enjoy. We seem to drink more pop during the summer months and especially when everyone is at the cabin. I didn't realize that there is an expiration date until several years ago when one of my card club gals bought some "old" pop and it had NO taste nor fizz to it.

Susan -- I wish we had a Y here! There is a fitness center but all of the "elite" tiny women in town go there. Your new workout program sounds really nice. You are so dedicated! There is on-going construction on I29 from IA to NE and SD. I forget how many years is projected before it is finished but this summer they are working around the bridge that crosses from Sioux City into NE. The tourists get really confused and there are lots of traffic jams. Have a fun weekend with Sandy!

"Gma" -- I'm glad Fortune is feeling better again. The tanning towels would be something I would like. I tried the lotion stuff one time and had streaks. It's good that you like your new doctor and found one for Jack that you think he will like. It's lucky that you can figure out how to adjust your yarn thickness and size needles so the socks will come out right. I hope your shopping trips are quick and easy today.

I need to round up the laundry and head to the basement. I hope you all have a nice day and enjoy!