Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Chat: May 21-27

pam920
05-21-2012, 09:46 AM
new pages

nancy237
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone...

The new dog kept me up last night. He has been sleeping great so maybe he wasn't feeling good. At 4 am I left him outside finally in the small fence & garage and got some sleep. He behaved and didn't chew anything up in the
area he was in !!

Down 2 lbs , just enough to make my weight tracker honest ..Trying to think of
wheat free recipes I could fix and freeze portions..Also want to learn to make chicken that would be similar to Rotisserie chicken..Maybe just buying one each week would be best..

My oldest son will be home either tonight or in the morning for a few days..He has a serious girl now and I want to know more !! He will have his dog so it will be a zoo with the 2 dogs..

I have a long list of little projects around the house this week and high hopes of getting lots done..My son can help with a few things too.. After a bit more work here at the house I want to go see some relatives in Ga & Ohio..After that I am running out of excuses for not going to work.. ;)

I had an idea..When I am sitting here at night bored why don't I babysit for some friends that have babies..I adore babies and could just do it occasionally. I went back to my church yesterday and enjoyed it ..I could work in the nursery like I used to and would meet people I know with babies..When most people leave tiny ones with a sitter they don't want an inexperienced teen..

beach bum
05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Oh my goodness !!!Sorry for being MIA yesterday,I guess I had a lot on my mind and simply forgot to post..

Mary & I didn't go to the movies,as her family was down to the Cape and I had to get my toiletries in order and counted for. The stuff I didn't have I bought today.I got an adopter that changes from USA to European this morning. I also picked up another camera battery. Don't have to ask for Euros as we found out that Medjugorji is a little more accommodating to Americans that most of all shops now take dollars and will give back Amer dollars in change if you give them low denominators such as 20,10 5 & 1.So that what we are doing. I'm still bring $300-500 but I only breaking down 200 in lower denominations.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages.

NANCY-Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I somehow are going in the wrong direction,but I think with all the running around my adrenaline is running on high.So when I get back home I try low carbing again. Your new dog will get used to his new home,and you'll be able to find your ZZZZZZZZ's again. I'm sure the two dogs will get along,and not fighting will be present.but just in case I sure your son will be able to control them.

Have to go,and get started on packing my newly purchase toiletries in zip loc bag and than other things in sandwich bags.

Have a great day

Tejas
05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Nancy, baby sitting sounds like a great idea. I'm sure some parents would be very appreciative.

I like that chicken also and normally buy one. But, the other day I read the ingredients and am re-thinking it. Why there has to be junk in the food is beyond me. I have a clay baker and sometimes cook organic chicken in it, and it is very tender and healthy.

Good luck with the zoo these next few days.

Maryann, that's good news about the money situation. It's fun to plan for a big trip, and I hope you are really enjoying it.

I got back on the elliptical today after a few weeks of not doing it. I don't why I let it go from time to time. I feel so much better when I am exercising with it. My right hip has been giving me fits, and I'm beginning to believe this is all connected to the toe joint problems. But, it doesn't hurt on the elliptical so that's good.

I asked my trainer today just to do the old-fashioned free weights that we haven't done for awhile. I was curious to see if I had lost strength while we were doing other kinds of exercises. Not only have I not lost strength, I could lift heavier weights today. Superwoman :rofl:

ontarget
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Pam, thank you for the new pages. I love your photo!!!

Nancy, babysitting sounds like something you'd enjoy. I am positive parents would enjoy it, too. (So would the babies.)

Maryann, you sound busy.

Rhonda, Superwoman!!! I love it! I'm glad you're able to do the elliptical. Sounds like you enjoy it.

We took our company to the airport this morning. The time they were here went by like a whirlwind. We all had a great time.

I am subbing the next 2 days. These will prob be my last of this school year. I'll miss it but will put more time into my training.

Night night, everyone.

Tejas
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Sandra, glad to hear you had a good time! Sorry to hear that you have to go right into subbing, but at least it's only for a few days.

'night all! :yawn:

pam920
05-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Good morning chicks.

Sandra, last week was the end of the school year here. Sounds like you had a great visit with your friends.

Rhonda, please come and give me a kick in the butt. I am so lazy when it comes to exercising.

Maryann, glad you got your blinds up. We will miss you while you are gone.

Nancy, what happened to that other dog you had. What did you name your new puppy? Enjoy your visit with your son.

Hey Vickie and sloan.

I held my own while visiting my granddaughter. Weight stayed the same. I'm going to make a butternut squash lasagna today. Hope it's good.

Tejas
05-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Pam, great new picture. :kickbutt:

Today is Vickie's birthday :hb: Vickie!

I am a member of Ancestry.com and just reconnected with a first cousin I had lost track of. I was born late into my family and all of my first cousins are much older than I am and I didn't know them well. She isn't far away, and her granddaughter lives only 30-45 minutes from me. It's very exciting!

ontarget
05-22-2012, 10:43 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICKIE !! Enjoy your day. Enjoy every minute!

Good morning, Chickies. I am having a super easy day. Right now I am "classless" until after 10. We're watching a video all day to go with their unit on gods and goddesses. Easy day! I'm driving straight to WW afterwards. I really don't want to wi as I normally weigh before bfast. I don't think they will require me to weigh. I need the meeting. I don't think I gained this past weekend, but I do know I weigh more in the PM than AM.

Pam, congrats on not gaining while visiting with your grand. That's an accomplishment for sure.

Rhonda, that's neat about reconnecting with your cousin. That's what we did with ya'll. Wonderful!

I'm sitting here eating fresh cherries. I'm tired. It's good this is an easy day. Tomorrow should be, too. These will be my last subbings for this schoolyear.

Have a great day, everyone.

beach bum
05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE:balloons:

I'm POOPED!!! and its only 12noon. Had to go to the bank and exchange my larger bills into smaller one and now I'm doing my wash.This afternoon I going to my orthopedic doctor for a cortisone shot in my hip as its bothering me off and on since Sunday. I also having pain in my bad knee,but I think that's just because the weather is damp.

Maryann, that's good news about the money situation. It's fun to plan for a big trip, and I hope you are really enjoying it.

RHONDA-OH I so happy about that,even tho some people are telling me to buy some Euros just in case. Thanks I'll try to

Maryann, you sound busy.

SANDRA-Very busy hope I don't forget important stuff.

Maryann, glad you got your blinds up. We will miss you while you are gone

PAM-What a difference the new blinds make .Thanks I'm going to miss you guys also.I like your new avatar, you got an new hair style I going to have mind down tomorrow afternoon.

Have to go and get ready for the doctor

nancy237
05-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Just getting to bed at 4 am after a perfect day with oldest son and grandson.
Shopping,eating out,washing car,bonfire,swimming,playing with the dog & learning to play chess..

Pam..the dog I rescued at Thanksgiving went to a great home. I got him
vetted, neutered & in better shape . He wasn't the right temperment for
me but he is doing great at his new home. This new dog is a hoot. Today I mowed with the riding lawn mower and he follewed the John Deer for 20 minutes...around & around..He is still insecure about being outside alone, but
doing better with that. I am going to train him to our invisible fence next week.
Then he will have 3 acres to play in.

Tejas
05-23-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm up, and so is my right foot. I sprained my ankle, badly, last night while working in the yard. I knew yard work wasn't my thing :lol:

Thank goodness, DH has serious pain medication. I took some and am now up to have something to eat and take MORE!

I've sprained the same ankle before about 12 years ago when I missed the bottom step on a staircase. It's going to slow down my working out and tap dancing! :(

nancy237
05-23-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm up, and so is my right foot. I sprained my ankle, badly, last night while working in the yard. I knew yard work wasn't my thing :lol:

Thank goodness, DH has serious pain medication. I took some and am now up to have something to eat and take MORE!

I've sprained the same ankle before about 12 years ago when I missed the bottom step on a staircase. It's going to slow down my working out and tap dancing! :(

Ouch !!!! Glad you have some meds.. Take it easy for a few days !!

Vickie..I missed telling you happy birthday !!!!

:bday2you:

sloanie
05-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Last day of school! Busy, busy, busy! Hope to be here more as soon as end of the year stuff is done.

ontarget
05-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Rhonda, that's good you had meds available. Take care.

Sloan, this is my last day, too. School's not out but this is still my last day till next fall. (finals)

Got to go. Ya'll have a great day!

Tejas
05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't do "be still and prop your foot up" very well :lol: However, it hurts so much that I don't try getting up except when I have to. More drugs!

sloanie
05-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Rhonda, RICE=rest, ice, compress, elevate! When I teach that, I have some students that think I mean that you should eat rice when you sprain your ankle:D

I'm really studying gluten free living. My husband obviously has a problem, and I probably do, too. I plan to get started in earnest this weekend. Thanks, Nancy, for mentioning the Wheat Belly book.

Hey to the rest of you chicks!!!

pam920
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
hey chickies.

Rhonda, I guess going out tonight dancing is out of the question. I know we could have had so much fun. Take it easy and do what sloan says.

It's a lazy day for me. Didn't make the butternut squash lasagna yesterday. Have the sauce cooking and that will be dinner today. I got the recipe off the South Beach Diet board, if anyone is interested.

edit: OMGosh, it was delicious. I will definitely make this again. I changed up my recipe a little. Used ground turkey and added turkey pepperoni to the top layer.

ontarget
05-23-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm home. Retired again till next school year. Life is good. I will miss those kids, though. A friend should be here in a few minutes to fling some arrows. And it's really windy! Rhonda, you may see some arrows sailing by from the south.

Sloan, that's funny about the rice. :lol

Rhonda, take some deep breaths. Can you work on your jewelry making? That might be good for you.

Pam, the lasagna dish sounds good.

Oops! I see her driving in. Gotta run!

Tejas
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes, I've been RICEing since the injury. I can't do much really--the pain meds mess up my focus and I just want to sleep mostly. This too will pass.

Sorry that I stood you up, Pam. Well, not really since I'm not standing ;)

'night

Vickie
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Getting ready to celebrate my and Jim's birthday here with the family on Saturday and still trying to fit date night in. Sheesh. I'm making our birthday cake. We both finally agreed on a cake which wasn't easy because Jim doesn't care for chocolate cake. I'm making from scratch and it is NOT Core, healthy....Banana cake with cream cheese frosting. One more birthday lunch after that and back to business.

Finished PT yesterday and got fitted for my orthotics. I'm not completely cured but have to keep up my home exercises and I'll get another shot if it starts to get really bad again. I must start to try exercising again and see what happens.

So.....I guess I'm ridiculously busy because I do it to myself?.......

Rhonda, ouch! I hope you are still resting. Did you injure your already injured foot?

Sandra, enjoy the summer. Fall will be here before you know it.

Pam...I really like your Avatar.

Sloan, Jim and I have been eating a very yummy fruit bar that is gluten free. They are really sweet. I haven't calculated WW points. I'm guessing they are 3 but just delicious and really satisfy an urge for sugar. I buy them at Amazon.com and also at Vitacost.com. I originally found them at a local health food store so that I could try one or two before buying the big box. We like the Cherry and the Apple Cinnamon. They are called Betty Lou's fruit bars.

Gotta go get showered!

Tejas
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
yes, injured the same foot that needs surgery---and it's the same ankle I sprained 12 years ago :(

ontarget
05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Chickies and their tootsies!

Vickie, I'm glad yours is better. You and Jim enjoy your birthday celebrations. I always enjoy reading about them. You're both blessed with family that is close by. Makes me happy.

Rhonda, I'm sorry yours is hurting. Are you still taking the pain meds? And did you see any arrows flying overhead yesterday? We're doing the same this afternoon, so there may be more.

I feel like I just retired again. This morning we got up and piddled around outside for a couple of hours. Then I made us a good country bfast using peppers from our garden. Now I'm readying to go to the dentist to get my permanent crown. The temp lasted. Was I ever surprised!

Ya'll have a good afternoon.

pam920
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Morning chicks.

Getting my hair cut and colored this morning. My hair grows so fast. It's thick and naturally curly, so keeping it short helps keep in under control.

Did Maryann already leave on her trip?

Rhonda, are you still following dr.s orders?

Sandra, I saw one of those arrows fly by.

Vickie, enjoy your birthday cake, sounds good.

Made another good dish last night. Mexican casserole. Hubby loved it.

sloanie
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Going to school today to tie up loose ends then summer officially starts!

ontarget
05-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Pam, I wouldn't doubt you saw an arrow. It's too windy outside to shoot, too. I'm ready for calmer weather so I can start shooting 60 meters.

Rhonda, how are you, Cuz? Are you getting some relief?

Sloan, you sound excited. I'm excited, too, and I just sub every now and then. :lol

We're going to a new fish place for lunch. I'll write a review later. I will prob have fried fish but am not sure. I still have all my WAP's, so that's all right.

Tejas
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
mmm, Sandra, please bring me some fried catfish! Actually, DH went out to get bar-b-que so I'm not suffering in the food department.

I have an appointment with the dr this afternoon.

I don't know much about serious gluten-free except that gluten is everywhere! Good luck with that, Sloan.

beach bum
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,but time is running out and even today I don't have too much time to post. I went out with Rita as I had to stop and take a breath with all this planning on my mind. I 'm all packed except for last minute things. Decided not to purchase any Euros,hope I didn't make a mistake. Even though I know I will have to pay higher then the actual price,I feel comfortable with the American dollar than the Euro.

Looks like some of my summer neighbors are down for the weekend,they say the roads are light this morning as lots of people are off today.

RHONDA-I agree with the Lady's on the RICE method.It really works at least it did for me.

PAM-I'm still here, I was so busy the last couple of days picking up the last minute things. Butternut squash lasagna from SBD I think I made that before as it was delish,but I getting LAZY for cooking my own dish I rather go and buy Amy's veggie lasagna and just heating it up.

VICKIE-Glad you are finished with PT and happy birthday to your DH also.

SANDRA-There's nothing like being retired,love this way of life

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I SEE YOU GUYS SOMETIME AROUND JUNE 10TH LEAVING THIS SUNDAY AND WILL BE BACK IN 10 DAYS.

ontarget
05-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Rhonda, bbq sounds good. I had blackened tilapia--good. Curtis had fried catfish--not good. I could tell by looking at it that it wasn't going to be good. Don't understand their batter. It looked weird. Anyway, there are other seafood places around so we won't go hungry for fish.

Have fun, Maryann.

Waving at Vickie, Sloan, Pam, and Nancy. Hope you're having a good day.

Tejas
05-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Ankle isn't broken and should be better in 4-6 weeks. NO tap dancing for 2 weeks. :tantrum:

sloanie
05-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Congrats on the good report, Rhonda, but sorry that you can't dance for awhile. You're right, gluten is everywhere. I have been gluten free for about 24 hours, and my stomach already feels better. My dd just sent me a text saying she has been gluten free for two days, and she has already noticed a big difference in a skin condition that she has. One thing I have already learned is that gluten intolerance does not always manifest itself in stomach discomfort. I will continue on this journey and keep you posted on how we all feel.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Rhonda, that's good news. I'm sorry, too, that you won't be able to tap for awhile. What about the club? Are there exercises you'll be able to do that won't hurt your ankle?

Sloan, that's interesting about the gluten.

We just walked another loop around the field. Afterwards I did some more watering. Now we're in for the evening.

pam920
05-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Rhonda, that is wonderful news. Make sure to take it easy so you heal.

Blackened tilapia sounds yummy. I can't remember the last time I ate fried food. Probably when I found out I had heart disease. I used to make great fried chicken. My nephew still bugs me to make it for him.

Maryann, have a great trip. I know you will. We will miss you. I've been looking at the recipes at SBD section and I have quite a few I used to make. I get so tired of the same thing and need to spice things up.

We decided to highlight my hair instead of just coloring it, which took longer, so never did get it trimmed. She had another appt. coming in so I told her to just trim my hair when she had a opening. I can't complain. I pay nothing for all these services. Oh, she waxed my brows too. Love my daughter.

Have a great Memorial holiday weekend.

ontarget
05-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Pam, you are one lucky Chickie.

Anyone know anything about the Big Boss Air Fryer?

pam920
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Morning.

Sandra, I saw something like that a while back. Not sure if it was the same name. I think it was Dr. Oz show. I went to find it on internet and Overstock sold them but was sold out and I put in a rain check. They finally restocked, but I never bought it. Sounds like a healthy alternative.

It's going to be a scorcher today and the next few days. I'm going to make a faux capiz hanging lamp to put over my tub. I don't have an actual light there, but it will be more for looks. They are pricey and I'm making mine with waxed paper

ontarget
05-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks, Pam. I never thought of Overstock.com. I saw one at Walmart for $89.99.

sloanie
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey y'all! I made some gluten free biscuits this morning with GF bisquick. Kinda gritty. DH liked them! I have been eating GF for a couple of days now and have lost one pound. Maybe there is something to this after all :)

Hope you all are keeping cool. It is really hot here.

Pam, post a pic of your lamp when you are done. I am intrigued!

ontarget
05-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Pam, that lamp sounds interesting. I'd like to see a photo, too.

Sloan, that's good your dh liked the gf biscuits. Congrats on being down that pound.

Tejas
05-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Pam, I had no idea what a capiz lamp was, so I looked it up. So, did you iron wax paper and parchment paper together? In your photo your hair looks white, but you say you color it. What color is it. My mother lived until she was 89 and I used to tell her that I had no idea what color her hair really was. She said that was the point. ;)

Sloan, I'm glad to hear that your DH liked the biscuits. I tried the low-fat Bisquick once and thought it was awful--glad to hear that the gluten-free was not. Are you not eating any bread, or are you eating bread made with sprouts?

I bought the splint the doctor suggested and it is better for attempting to walk, but there is not much flexion without pain. But, I'm doing the exercises.
I think I'll skip my trainer appointment tomorrow. I can't drive and I think it would be a waste of my appointment anyway. I can do some upper body and abdomen work at home.

nancy237
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I have had a busy week with both sons here(one last weekend & the other midweek for a few days), keeping Grandson and other company. Camped
Friday night with my Grandson & went to see Big Miracle with him yesterday.

So today I am going to rest and enjoy the quiet and clean this afternoon.

The dog would not settle down last night so I put him in the fence where he has the garage also. He tore up a 40LB bag of potting soil and spread it all over the garage. I am about ready to give up on him..He is chasing the cat too...

pam920
05-27-2012, 02:41 PM
hello chickies.

Rhonda, you take it easy, dr's orders. It's hard to tie a good girl down, I know. I iron 3 layers of wax paper. I use parchment to sandwich the waxed paper so it doesn't melt all over my ironing board. Then I use a circle cutter to make my capiz shells. They really do look real. I showed my daughter and she loved it and now she wants to make one. My hair is very blonde in front, almost white. Mostly my bangs. I never have dark roots there, lol. The rest needs a touch up on occasion.

It's so hard to train a puppy. I have no patience and doubt we'll get another pet. They tie you down. I like being able to just take off and go when we get the urge.

We were going to cook out today, but by the time we got the grocery shopping done, it's just too late and we will do it tomorrow. We are splurging and having potato salad. They all love mine and so do I. It won't kill us.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial weekend. Thank you to all our service men and women that have serve and are now serving our great country.

ontarget
05-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you're not pushing yourself too hard. I looked up those lamps, too. They look good, don't they?

:wave: at all of you. Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

I'm anxious to get to WW Tuesday. Hope the scales are friendly. (They should be.)

sloanie
05-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, chicks!

Rhonda, I am only eating bread, noodles, etc. made with gluten free flour. I will make some bread tomorrow and will put some coarse ground flax seed in it. I really do think I am feeling less bloated and more energetic! I also have lost another pound. Going strictly GF takes a lot of studying, and I am only getting started. So far, my dh and dd both can tell a difference in how they are feeling, also. We will keep plugging along.

Nancy, hope the doggie troubles ease up, soon!

I'll try to bbl :)

ontarget
05-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Nancy, I hope things work out for you with the dog. We don't have any pets. Well, we have wild rabbits in the backyard but they don't count.

Pam, what does your daughter think about hair pieces? I am thinking about getting a "fake" bun or something. Am I crazy?

pam920
05-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Sandra, I'll ask her. I think they are fine as long as it matches your hair color. I see so many woman with a completely different color and it's quite obvious it's not their hair.

I don't eat a lot of flour product to go GF. I guess it's in a lot of the foods we eat though. I stay away from processed foods. What else contains gluten?

sloanie
05-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Gluten is in so many things! One good resource I have found is celiac.org. They have lots of lists. I have been reading up on this for about a week and still have a lot to learn.

ontarget
05-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you, Pam. I haven't decided if I'm going to look for one or not. If I do, I'm taking a gf with me to help with matching color.

nancy237
05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
A quiet day for me ..Catching up with house work. I feel like I have been
sorting for a year and still don't see the end in sight. I lost a big box of warranties that I kept in the pantry. How is that possible? I have looked the house over for them..All my manuals & product info are in that box...

Bought a crate for the dog today and maybe between that , being neutered Tuesday & training for the invisible fence he will improve. He is a sweety and I hope I can break some bad habits and keep him.

Sloan..I feel better without the wheat ..I think mine is just wheat but not sure.
My joints feel better and my brain is clearer..I can tell I am less "puffy" because my rings are loose..

Tejas
05-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Nancy, I got a wild puppy once. I had a trainer come to the house and the puppy settled down in a big hurry. I took the puppy to a training course and it all worked out. I highly recommend that.