Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 5/21/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 5/21/12

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

audgirl78
05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Good Monday morning all. Had a tough weekend since we were boating and out on the water, but easier yesterday cleaning the house...

I did use the plain omelet mix this weekend to make a pizza. Cook it on the stove in an oven safe skillet then when almost cooked through, add your toppings (I used veggies and turkey pepperoini) and veggie cheese. Then I put it in the oven until cheese melted. IT WAS FANTASTIC! Give it a try!

I am trying spinach in the Cappacino shake this morning, wish me luck!

Happy Monday!

Cadu
05-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Happy Monday Everybody

I hope everyone has an easy OP day today..

shathom
05-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Good Morning All, :coffee:

Have a great OP week!

Smooches :love:

Aud007
05-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I did use the plain omelet mix this weekend to make a pizza. Cook it on the stove in an oven safe skillet then when almost cooked through, add your toppings (I used veggies and turkey pepperoini) and veggie cheese. Then I put it in the oven until cheese melted. IT WAS FANTASTIC! Give it a try!

Great idea for the pizza, I will try it for sure ;-) Let us know how it goes with the capuccino :T

I am so proud of myself. I used to bake alot for my family and friends (I actually have a food blog ;-) ) so being on the program can sometimes be tricky!! :chef: This week I baked banana bread + homemade bagels for my son and DH and it wasn't even hard to resist. I didn't even taste what I baked...that's a first! That is a victory in itself!!

Well...got to go pack some boxes, we are moving soon ;-)

Have a great OP day! :flow2:

KBig
05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
GM Ipeeps....

Well I went to my first Sat WI. and My goal was 5lbs (in 9 days) ...

I did much better than my goal. 5.8lbs!!! and inch off everywhere...

Wooo hoooo.

OP ... keepin' it won'hunnid. !!! (and thats 100% lol)

prettyone
05-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Good Morning All

Today is a rainny day which means a long day. Hope everyone stays 100% OP. Enjoy your day!

rissimo
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
i have only been able to read a few pages this morning of the week-end chats. Will get all caught up here shortly hopefully.

Lisa, gald to hear that you mother is doing well. Please keep us updated on her.

Well, Friday my dear friend was having a hard time with this plan. On Mother's day she took her mother out to eat to Shoney's and she totally fell off the wagon. She jumped right back on the next day and stayed on it well the rest of the week. She is is concerned that she is weak and she is afraid that she will keep sabotaging herself. She stated that she wishes she was strong as me. I told her that I know that she can do this, that I beleive in her totally, and that she just needs to start believing in herself as well. Then I told her a little secret that I have done, and I thought that I would share it with all of you, those who are struggling, who are hitting a plateau and the newbies.... Sometimes we hit a plateau after working a very long time to lose weight and we can forget exactly how far we've come. Having a letter from the past can just be what we need to show us how far we've come and keep us motivated to keep keeping on. Here are a few suggestions for writing your own letter to yourself.

1. Don't talk down to yourself. Starting a letter with "Dear Fatty Fatterson, Dear Fatso, Dear Staypuff Marshmellow" is definitely a no-no! Even if is how you are feeling. Start with "Dear Me".

2. Describe what it is like to be you right now. Are you satisfied with your weight? Are you unhappy? Are you unhealthy? Are you energetic or just too tire to do anything? Be honsest and tell yourself how you feel. Be as descriptive as possible. Using descriptive words and emotions will really help you stay motivated on your wight loss journey. Reach deep withing yourself an explain what you are going throught and why you need to make a change. Explain how you feel and be blunt. Following is my own example:

Dear Me,

I weigh 224.4 pounds now and I just don't reconize myself in the mirror any more. I look and feel horrible. How could I have done this to myself? How could I let myself get this big? I can't even shop for clothes anymore because whenever I pick out a garment and take it to the dressing room, I find that I haven't pick a large enough size. I have sat in the dressing rooms so many times and cried while looking at the size numbers keep getting higher and higher and I just can't take it anymore.

I'm tired of missing out on fun things because of my weight. I can't go out in public in a bathing suit and that eiminates any change of me ever going to a water park or a beach. I'm missing out on great opportunities because of my shame.

When I do go into public, I either feel like I'm completely invisible (like when salespeople ignore me) or that everyone is judging me. I can't even go into a gym because I feel like is everyone is judging me for being obese.

I'm tired all the tine and don't have the energy to enjoy like anymore. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. want to enjoy my life and live it to the fullest again. I am so worth it and I deserve it!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Me

I know that when you have a goal, you can lose your way, hit a plateau, think that you can't do this, I'm not strong enough etc...... and it gets extremely frustrating, ready to give up. Having this letter on hand helps us remember how far we have come, and why we need to really press on. I hope that this will help someone. Having it, and all of you has really helped me keep going.

I love, respect and apprechiate each and everyone of you! Thank you for all of the support that we give each other. We are truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

salmongirl
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning Ipeeps! Did anyone see the eclipse last night? It was too cloudy here to see it.
We got all the river rafts out and blown up yesterday so we are ready for summer adventure. I live on the Salmon River, called the River of No Return and it has some of the best whitewater rafting around! Can't wait to put my boat in!
More gardening today, also have to begin irrigating! Summer chores are here. I love summer!
Well I just want everyone to have a great, 100% OP day! Time to loose and be healthy.

salmongirl
05-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Rissimo, we must have been typing at the same time so I didn't get to read your post. Thank you for reminding me exactly how I felt whenever I had to go into a public situation. I am only about halfway to goal and I feel so good about myself now. I think I forgot how far I have come. I hope everyone realizes we do not have to feel bad, we can take control and IP is such a good way to help us regain that control.
I really enjoy your posts.

mtnsun4
05-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Rissimo- LOVE it! That hit home for me. I need to do this tonight.

I have been OP- trudging along. My body still is not letting go and losing. I am sticking with it and hoping to see a change soon.

ShanCo
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
HELP! I have an obligatory lunch for a co-worker today at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT! I am totally stressing about it because the only other time I ate out was Mongolian grill and I thought I did so good, but ended up getting thrown out of ketosis by the hidden sugar water :( What do I get? I'm so worried I was thinking about just sipping on an iced tea, but I know I'll be miserable doing that....any ideas?

SewingMomma
05-21-2012, 10:01 AM
HELP! I have an obligatory lunch for a co-worker today at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT! I am totally stressing about it because the only other time I ate out was Mongolian grill and I thought I did so good, but ended up getting thrown out of ketosis by the hidden sugar water :( What do I get? I'm so worried I was thinking about just sipping on an iced tea, but I know I'll be miserable doing that....any ideas?

I eat at Mexican restaurants all the time. Go for chicken or beef fajitas w/ no onions. Most places have a side of grilled veggies. Some have veggie fajitas order w/ no onions. Or you can get a salad w/ no cheese, etc. my husband and I eat out several times a week, and I can always find a way to make it OP. Just specify what you want.

MustangMolly
05-21-2012, 10:02 AM

I'm not sure if you will find this on their menu or not..but our local Mexican restaurant (not a chain) has a grilled chicken salad. It is iceberg lettuce, bellpepper and onion and of course cheese, but I ask them to leave off the cheese. lots of grilled chicken diced up in it too. If you get a chicken taco salad ask them to leave out the things we can't have like the beans and cheese, you could even ask them to put it in a regular bowl instead of the taco shell. Good luck to you.

rissimo
05-21-2012, 10:14 AM

Whenever I go to the Mexican Restaurant, I get the mixed Fajtas (steak, chicken and shrimp) this way I get a a little more meat, becasue it is not that many oz's., no onions and extra bell peppers and get a side salad and use a lemon for the dressing.

Jag23
05-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Good morning.........I'm of to work but have my lunch made and going to a barbeque after work. Having pork tenderloin and salad. I'mm bring my water. Everyone else is going to have beer or wine,but I am not missing that much. I am trying to stay 100% as this is mu last week on phase 1. Take care everyone,and have a great day

ShanCo
05-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks so much guys...so when you get the fajita's do you ask for no fajita sauce in it though? I'm just so worried about sugar in sauces now...

Porthardygurl
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Good morning everyone... Happy OP

Welll... im up at the crack of freaking dawn..aka 6:30am...thats early for me..very early.. Cant sleep...having leg cramps this morning. I have Restless Leg Syndrome and i never know when its going to hit me...oh well...

Well its Day4 here today..im over the hump day i think..usually i find day 3 to be the worst cravings wise and feeling crappy. I had a big salad last night for dinner with lots of romaine lettuce..and my hubby looks at my salad and says " are you serious? your'e going to eat all that? isnt it a little big?" and i thought to myself... No..it cant be that big.. Well, i dove into it and barely finished it and realized, that probably could have been a salad for two, i had so much lettuce in it.. I decided next time i will scale back on the amount of lettuce.. i think a lot of the time, my head is actually thinks its bigger then my stomach cause i look at things and think " hey i can eat all of that, and then i dive in and realize..nope i cant" Im guessing this has something to do with the fact, that are stomach probably shrinks in size cause of are small packets we are consuming..

On the other spectrum i was peeing like a racehorse at all hours of the night because i had consumed so much water..in fact, my pee wasnt even yellow anymore..it was clear altogether... I dont know why but this time around on IP seems really easy compared to the other times. Ive been able to stick to guzzling my water and eating raw veggies, which is a first, cause my body tends to hate veggies..i have a hard time digesting them..and yet.. this time ive been able to push through and eat them all! So its been a good 4 days...

I think the only downside has been my fatigue..The days i dont go on my treadmill, are the days where i have the least energy and i fall asleep at 830..Even hubby has been worried as to why i have been so sleepy..i tell him its the diet...or at least i hope thats the reason.

Anywho...enough babbling here...

Enjoy your day everyone!

CkM
05-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone! I haven't caught the weekend posts yet as I was super busy this weekend and didn't log on at all :( Hopefully I can get caught up. With that being said, the weekend was a tough one for me. Mostly because I forgot my packets and had to eat the best I could with what was available at a friends house :( THe rest of the week is going to be 100% OP and I bought a bike yesterday and took it out last night... heres to burning more calories in the future!!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

mlucas
05-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Happy Monday!

I put spinich in every smoothie! You cant even taste it!! I love spinich anyway.. but it's my super secret way to get my son to eat veggies! Well i know that they are not going to the dog! lol

doublebaby
05-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Rissimo,
What a great idea about the letter!! I too have been a little discouraged lately.
I emailed my coach last week to be prepared that I was coming in saturday for my weigh-in sort of discouraged with low losses lately. Going in every two weeks and having a less than a pound or two loss every two weeks when I had my goal of being in onderland by the end of April was discouraging. I would then pick myself right back up and have "that talk" with myself about how far I have come and it's only a number on the scale. I wasn't actually platauing either as I was still losing and not gaining. So she looked over my chart before getting there. I have to say I really like my coach! Well when I went to weigh in I did lose another 1.8 in pounds (so close to onderland but not yet- geez). But what I have lost sight of in recent weeks is the fact that I have steadily gained lean muscle (2-3 lbs at a time) and lost body fat (3-4 lbs at a time). Once she told me that I was like "Oh yea" I feel ok with these losses now. She thinks it is just my body trying to play catch up with all the changes going on. So for this past two weeks I gained 2 lbs of lean muscle and lost 3.8 of body fat along with that 1.8 pound loss and 41/2 inches lost. I guess what I am trying to say is that we all need to remember that there are a lot of other things going on in our bodies besides the pounds lost and the number on the scale (like Wuv and others say!).
Just stay strong and 100% and IP will come through for you.

sanaroph
05-21-2012, 11:15 AM
good morning all :wave:

Rissimo thank you for sharing your letter. I did reflect a lot about how I felt before startng IP. Funny I have lost 26 lbs and feel so much better then I look in the mirror and then remind myself I still have a good ways to go. I think I will write a 'Dear Me' letter myself.

I have been battling either a toothache or an ear infection the past week. Saw the dentist last Wed who found a small particle & removed it but now the pain moved to my molars and alternates between the top, bottom and my ear. I put ear drops in and know my eustachan tubes are clear but as the nerve runs between those areas... I am hoping for antibiotics. I am back to the dentist again today to see if we can track this pain down :mad: The downside of this is that I have sensitivity to cold, hot & liquids so it has been difficult to drink my water but I have braced myself to get my water intake in for the day.

Anyways have a great OP day everyone :wave:

sanaroph
05-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks so much guys...so when you get the fajita's do you ask for no fajita sauce in it though? I'm just so worried about sugar in sauces now...

ShanCo I would ask for no sauce and carry your own dressing if you can

DanafromAustin
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I haven't had Mexican food since I started as it really is my weakness, however it's my daughter and husband's birthday celebration on Wednesday night and she REALLY wants Mexican food. I told her I would make it work for me, as I always do no matter which restaurant I'm at. I'm hoping I can come up with some kind of chicken or beef salad. Worse case I can always just order a green salad and have some protein when I get home, but boy am I going to miss the chips and queso!

It's going to be another hot day here in Austin, so trying to keep cool and enjoy the abundant sun. Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.

DanafromAustin
05-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Rissimo,
What a great idea about the letter!! I too have been a little discouraged lately.
I emailed my coach last week to be prepared that I was coming in saturday for my weigh-in sort of discouraged with low losses lately. Going in every two weeks and having a less than a pound or two loss every two weeks when I had my goal of being in onderland by the end of April was discouraging. I would then pick myself right back up and have "that talk" with myself about how far I have come and it's only a number on the scale. I wasn't actually platauing either as I was still losing and not gaining. So she looked over my chart before getting there. I have to say I really like my coach! Well when I went to weigh in I did lose another 1.8 in pounds (so close to onderland but not yet- geez). But what I have lost sight of in recent weeks is the fact that I have steadily gained lean muscle (2-3 lbs at a time) and lost body fat (3-4 lbs at a time). Once she told me that I was like "Oh yea" I feel ok with these losses now. She thinks it is just my body trying to play catch up with all the changes going on. So for this past two weeks I gained 2 lbs of lean muscle and lost 3.8 of body fat along with that 1.8 pound loss and 41/2 inches lost. I guess what I am trying to say is that we all need to remember that there are a lot of other things going on in our bodies besides the pounds lost and the number on the scale (like Wuv and others say!).
Just stay strong and 100% and IP will come through for you.
Gaining lean muscle and loosing body fat is really what its all about! That is way more important than some number on the scale. Great job! :carrot:

paulimapi
05-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Good morning!
Just had my #2 WI and I'm down 1.4 pounds.
I'm trying not to let it get me down because I was hoping for more than that, plus last week I was down 4.4 pounds but 2 of those pounds was water.
I just feel pretty deprived most of the time so I expected to be rewarded but oh well let's hope next week is better.
I've noticed that week 2 doesn't seem to be the fastest with weight loss for most people, I wonder why that is.
It was all fat though! I'm down a 0.6% fat.

I need to stay positive!

Hope you are all doing okay! :)

KBig
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
btw .. the new Strawberry Choc wafers are the BOMB!!!!

lawd dem ' thangs are delish!!!

Karen71
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Had my first NSV this weekend. Visited the in-laws on Saturday and they always do Bertuccis for dinner. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pizza. I was so nervous that I would not be able to stay OP...but I did!!! Did not even want the pizza. I ordered the salmon with extra vegies instead of the potato. ALso love their rolls but did not phase me.

I honestly think losing weight quickly is helping me stay OP. I feel if I do cheat that I will gain because I will mess up my body right now.

Third WI on Wednesday. Nervous as had TOM on week 1 and now have it again on week 3. I know that my body is changing but it is such a pain.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

LizRR
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Howdy IPeeps! We are leaving for a long weekend in Denver with the family for my brother-in-laws wedding. Luckily we are all staying in a condo, so having access to a full kitchen will help staying OP on travel MUCH easier! I did tell my husband at the reception dinner he will be most likely be double carbing it, as I plan on swapping out for double veggies if needed!

It was a great weekend, got so much done and still had time to get in some relaxing afterwards. I went grocery shopping this weekend and started thinking of how IP has really changed my life (and my grocery cart) - grabbing all the new veggies I'd never heard of or tried before I now LOVE. I know I will be making this a part of my life - I am making a new food pyramid where veggies go at the base!

I need to reschedule my WI, since we're leaving Fri - but it should only be 1-2 days early, and according to my home WI I had a mini-whoosh last night (TOM is leaving the building!). I am approaching my "smallest" weight soon, entering new territory as far as the scale goes. Finally getting rid of the baby weight - since "the baby" is turning 2 soon I would say it's about time!

GM Ipeeps....

I did much better than my goal. 5.8lbs!!! and inch off everywhere.../QUOTE]

AWESOME NEWS! Congratulations on meeting your goal! 100% is the way to go!

[QUOTE=ShanCo;4341049]Thanks so much guys...so when you get the fajita's do you ask for no fajita sauce in it though? I'm just so worried about sugar in sauces now...

Depending on the restaurant, fajitas come either pre-marinaded or dry rubbed, but honestly fajita marinades are not sugar based (at least for "real" Mexican food) - that's usually used in more Asian marinades, so I wouldn't worry about any hidden sugars. Fajita marinades are usually a mix of soy/salt, lime, spices, and smoke. Order Fajitas or Carne Asada (literally means 'grilled meat'), ask for no grilled onions only grilled peppers instead of rice and beans and a dry salad with lemon or lime wedges and you should do fine. ANY restaurant can be made IP friendly, enjoy yourself and just be clear with the waiter on your order - they'd MUCH rather you be clear upfront than be dissatisfied with your order and send it back/slash their tip!

mooselover
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I love, respect and apprechiate each and everyone of you! Thank you for all of the support that we give each other. We are truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

Thank you for your letter. I really needed that this morning. :hug:

I had a great weekend, but it was tough. Camping-boating-fishing with friends. It is a challenge to do IP while camping-boating, but I did it :carrot:

This weekend coming up will be even harder. We are going Halibut fishing in Valdez, AK and will be away from home for 4 days. I wish there were more easy to grab foods that weren''t restricted. But I will do this. I have a goal and nothing is going to stand in my way of reaching it :D

prettygirlusaf
05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Good morning everyone. had WI #4 today and lost 4lbs, down 18 lbs total. I also bought 2 extra boxes this week for some variety. I got the chili which is great on top of a salad, and the strawberry wafers!! So now with my 2 RTD shakes a day I will have either of those OR a peanut butter bar. Food is beginning to get BLAH for me and I am forcing every bite in so I hope a little variety helps!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Darralyn
05-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Good morning everyone!!

mooselover I just love your attitude!! You are a breath of fresh air and I need to hear from people like you!!

Rissimo Thank you so much for sharing your letter; what a great idea!! I really struggle sometimes and forget how horrible I felt being fat and just focus on the instant gratification! The letter is something I need to do so I can look at this and remember why I want this so much! Sometimes just looking at things minute to minute you lose your focus on the big picture which really equates to the rest of our lives. Damit I want to live!!!! I am so tired of being sick and tired and not having confidence in myself. Thanks for the eyeopener!

Wishing everyone the strength and willingness to stay OP today!

Kaypix
05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey all, weighed in # 4 , down 1.8 pounds, which I was initially bummed about since I want to get under 180 sooo bad, but 180.8 is manageable for now :) Also, my fat % went from 43% last week to 37% this week, so I'm thinking I lost fat, gained muscle, so that's all good. I do'nt go to a center so can't really "confirm" that, but it's a theory.

I'll check in later this afternoon probably. Cheers :)

jenn04
05-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Another Manic Monday. I am going to start exercising today. Wish me luck on that.Hope everyone has s great day and if not try to make the most of it anyway.

Diana B
05-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Good Monday morning all. Had a tough weekend since we were boating and out on the water, but easier yesterday cleaning the house...

Happy Monday!

Let us know how the spinach in the cappucino goes, I've been wanting to try it myself since it works so well in the chocolate drink :D

Diana B
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Good Morning All

Today is a rainny day which means a long day. Hope everyone stays 100% OP. Enjoy your day!

It's rainy here too (Washington State, go figure;)) have an awesome OP day!

prettyone
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
It's rainy here too (Washington State, go figure;)) have an awesome OP day!

Its a dreary day. And its so quiet at work. Of course you only wanna snack when your bored and Im there lol. So I pulled out the ol kindle it will be lunch time soon. Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful day~:D

usmcvet
05-21-2012, 01:38 PM
GM Ipeeps....

I did much better than my goal. 5.8lbs!!! and inch off everywhere...

Wooo hoooo.

Awesome. That is what I am shooting for this week too.

usmcvet
05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Good morning!
I'm trying not to let it get me down because I was hoping for more than that, plus last week I was down 4.4 pounds but 2 of those pounds was water.
I just feel pretty deprived most of the time so I expected to be rewarded but oh well let's hope next week is better.
I've noticed that week 2 doesn't seem to be the fastest with weight loss for most people, I wonder why that is.
It was all fat though! I'm down a 0.6% fat.

I need to stay positive!

Hope you are all doing okay! :)

Don't get down. You are moving in the right direction and you have a good attitude. Keep working at it.

Ris. Awesome letter thanks. Lots of that was spot on for me and I am sure many of us.

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Great WI's on a Monday to start the week out right! Congrats to all and good luck to those who still haven't WI yet. Was a very relaxing day yesterday, just enjoy the weather by the pool with friends. Up really early this morning, out the door by 645am but back home by 10 so not so bad. Off to make my video for LAST week that I forgot about...Too much was going on last week!

Week 54 Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-zzOjiz-g

auroragrl
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Well, I got my daughter's graduation. It was wonderful and I am so very proud of her.

Stayed OP through Saturday - I did struggle with staying on a schedule because I was so busy trying to get everything ready. We did her party at our house, and you know how that goes.

Saturday, I had pudding for breakfast, and then was on the run - off to graduation at 4:30 back by 6:30 and people were coming. We west steady until 9:30, and I still hadn't eaten. Then had to clean up - I cheated. I had a sloppy joe and baked beans, and a sliver of her cake.

I decided I was not going to feel guilty. Life happens, she will only have one graduation party, and I got back on Sunday morning. The only thing I feel frustrated about, is that I wanted to be OP all the way, and the lack of time made it impossible this weekend - which frustrated me. I'm back on - but am just not hungry - I think I'm a little too tired, a little melancholy and there is a let-down after anticipating an event - so I think that has affected my appetite, so it's been a little hard to make myself eat and drink.

So I took the day off - no one is home - it's quiet - I've just sat, did a few things I've been wanting to do - and am going to take a nap. I just needed a little just for me time.

KBig
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Awesome. That is what I am shooting for this week too.

I can tell you that water intake and scaling back my restricted's make the difference.

I didnt do a restricted item every day ... and I really increased my water intake. voila 5.8 lbs. and that was over like 10 days instead of 7 because I changed WI days.

this will be 7 days (Sat to Sat) .... so Im shooting for a 4lbs loss this time around.

wish you well chica!!!

usmcvet
05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
May 17, 2012

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/IMG_0659.jpg

March 01, 2012. This is my most recent before photo.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/NEQ2012.jpg

My old license plate. I had this before VT had a Veteran Plate. I also did not renew it because it was extra, double I think the normal fee, and my little boy Jack arrived in August of 2002 and diapers are expensive! Have not golfed since '02 either. So this is where I came up with my screen name USMCVET.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/user23627_pic1520_1290525131-1.jpg

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Good morning everyone. had WI #4 today and lost 4lbs, down 18 lbs total. I also bought 2 extra boxes this week for some variety. I got the chili which is great on top of a salad, and the strawberry wafers!! So now with my 2 RTD shakes a day I will have either of those OR a peanut butter bar. Food is beginning to get BLAH for me and I am forcing every bite in so I hope a little variety helps!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Love, love, love, the strawberry wafers! I think they are sinful:o

Porthardygurl
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Anybody else have trouble making themselves eat? I think i must have hit ketosis by now since its day 4...but its like.. i have no appetite...i just feel really blah..Its 11:20 am and i still havent eaten yet..Ive managed to suck back a bunch of water but i have no desire whatsoever to eat..Its such a frustratinig thing not having an appetite and knowing that i need to eat still cause it goes against the grain of what i have learned..Being a person who was an overeater my entire life and eating when i didnt need to and eating beyond feeling full and now its like...im having to do the opposite of what people tell me is healthy, which is to eat even though im not hungry when really typically people dont eat if theyre not hungry... Did any of that just make sense???

So im sitting here mustering up the will to drink an rtd( i think that will be the easiest to drink down)

On we march..

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
USMCVET--Great picture of you and your family. Wow, in the one of just you, the loss of over 70 lbs really shows! Keep up the great work!!

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Anybody else have trouble making themselves eat? I think i must have hit ketosis by now since its day 4...but its like.. i have no appetite...i just feel really blah..Its 11:20 am and i still havent eaten yet..Ive managed to suck back a bunch of water but i have no desire whatsoever to eat..Its such a frustratinig thing not having an appetite and knowing that i need to eat still cause it goes against the grain of what i have learned..Being a person who was an overeater my entire life and eating when i didnt need to and eating beyond feeling full and now its like...im having to do the opposite of what people tell me is healthy, which is to eat even though im not hungry when really typically people dont eat if theyre not hungry... Did any of that just make sense???

So im sitting here mustering up the will to drink an rtd( i think that will be the easiest to drink down)

On we march..

Don't overthink the program. Just eat when you are supposed to eat. As people who struggle with our weight, we are not the best judges of hunger. Eat so that your body has fuel to burn. You may be really tired because your body needs food!:hug:

doublebaby
05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Whoa!! What a wonderful change, your weight loss really shows! I know you must be feeling great. Nice family photo too. You are doing soooo well!:dancer:

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
USMC, if people don't notice a change they are BLIND! you can see it for sure. Keep up the great work :)

prettyone
05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
May 17, 2012

You look great keep up the good work.

Barb4640
05-21-2012, 04:11 PM
LOVE all your ideas! Thanks for sharing. I am on day 6 and doing good, except feel terrible bloated.
I made the omelet again today and this time made it scrambled with the vegi's and used the tip of WF pancake syrup. It was GREAT! I will have to try the pizza too, thanks for the suggestions.
Also, I LOVE mexican and so glad to know I don't have to give that up!

On question...why do I have to wait 22 day b4 actually being a member and any suggestions with bloating?

tauthier
05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Happy Monday all!
I had my second weigh in today and am down another 3.4! I'm very happy about that! Almost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. And I feel good! I'm going out of town this weekend with family. It could be a challenge but I think I'm up for it!

Diana B
05-21-2012, 04:52 PM
USMCVET - What a great job you are doing on your weight loss, it definitely shows :carrot:

Darralyn
05-21-2012, 05:02 PM
:broc:usmcvet Looking Good!!!!

carolirish
05-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Good evening all. I just finished reading all the posts. Rissimo's letter struck a chord with me, I have felt all of those feelings. Great idea to write a letter.
Usvmet what a difference 70lbs makes. Brilliant. You look great, your kids are adorable.
My second weigh in is in the morning. I'm off to bed. Nighty hight all.

Kaypix
05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Sometimes we hit a plateau after working a very long time to lose weight and we can forget exactly how far we've come. Having a letter from the past can just be what we need to show us how far we've come and keep us motivated to keep keeping on. Here are a few suggestions for writing your own letter to yourself.

1. Don't talk down to yourself. Starting a letter with "Dear Fatty Fatterson, Dear Fatso, Dear Staypuff Marshmellow" is definitely a no-no! Even if is how you are feeling. Start with "Dear Me".

2. Describe what it is like to be you right now. Are you satisfied with your weight? Are you unhappy? Are you unhealthy? Are you energetic or just too tire to do anything? Be honsest and tell yourself how you feel. Be as descriptive as possible. Using descriptive words and emotions will really help you stay motivated on your wight loss journey. Reach deep withing yourself an explain what you are going throught and why you need to make a change. Explain how you feel and be blunt. Following is my own example:

Dear Me,

I weigh 224.4 pounds now and I just don't reconize myself in the mirror any more. I look and feel horrible. How could I have done this to myself? How could I let myself get this big? I can't even shop for clothes anymore because whenever I pick out a garment and take it to the dressing room, I find that I haven't pick a large enough size. I have sat in the dressing rooms so many times and cried while looking at the size numbers keep getting higher and higher and I just can't take it anymore.

I'm tired of missing out on fun things because of my weight. I can't go out in public in a bathing suit and that eiminates any change of me ever going to a water park or a beach. I'm missing out on great opportunities because of my shame.

When I do go into public, I either feel like I'm completely invisible (like when salespeople ignore me) or that everyone is judging me. I can't even go into a gym because I feel like is everyone is judging me for being obese.

I'm tired all the tine and don't have the energy to enjoy like anymore. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. want to enjoy my life and live it to the fullest again. I am so worth it and I deserve it!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Me

Thank you for this , it totally made my day and I'm definitely going to write myself a letter tonight :) Maybe put it on my fridge.

Good morning Ipeeps! Did anyone see the eclipse last night? It was too cloudy here to see it I saw it, super cool and red looking, except it kind of burned my corneas I think...oops?

Good morning!
We all lose weight at different speeds, and the closer we are to goal the slower it seems to come off. It may be a pain, but in the end it's worth it :)

Sat WI. and My goal was 5lbs (in 9 days) ...
Haha I like that, won'hunnid :D

Good morning everyone... Happy OP
Ive been able to stick to guzzling my water and eating raw veggies, which is a first, cause my body tends to hate veggies..i have a hard time digesting them..and yet.. this time ive been able to push through and eat them all! So its been a good 4 days...

I think the only downside has been my fatigue..The days i dont go on my treadmill, are the days where i have the least energy and i fall asleep at 830..Even hubby has been worried as to why i have been so sleepy..i tell him its the diet...or at least i hope thats the reason.

Hey I read this and your other quote about veggies and so forth. The salad is a freebie (lettuce at least) and won't count towards your veggies for the day, and the lack of energy could be your body's way of saying it needs more protein possibly. Check in with your coach about it but it's possible you could have an extra packet to keep your metabolism up and be less fatigued.

Great WI's on a Monday to start the week out right! Congrats to all and good luck to those who still haven't WI yet. Was a very relaxing day yesterday, just enjoy the weather by the pool with friends. Up really early this morning, out the door by 645am but back home by 10 so not so bad. Off to make my video for LAST week that I forgot about...Too much was going on last week!
Thanks Wuv :) Hope you have a great week too!

USMCVET: Dude you're lookin' awesome!!!

Kaypix
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm having kind of a weird, down in the dumps kind of day, it's nuts. I wanted to be down 1 lb from last night, not a realistic goal, but i was sooo good I thought for sure, but nope. I thought I'd hit the big 1-5 mark for my loss, but nope, stuck at the 14 instead. I also went off WEllbutrin, sans doctor's advice...and realized this morning the backlash, horrible shakes, extremely emotional and agitation. So I took one, hoping to wean myself off of them. The sad thing is, they really help me not have negative thoughts about myself (i'm a negative self talker BIG TIME) but I hate being reliant on anti-depressents. Not to mention I have insurance for a month that won't cover them, so I am trying to make it so I only need to get like 5 days worth out of pocket.

So I weighed myself, I was up .4 pounds from yesterday instaed of down 1, although my fat content went down to 37% instead of 41% that it was last week, so that must be a good thing? I think?

Regarding my ultimate cookbook, I thought maybe, just MAYBE I'd combine everything from here, there everywhere and make an e-book out of it, and I got sent home with my tail between my legs thanks to copyright stuff... apparently what we write here can be published/sold by the website owners, but not by a member or something, same with all the other sites I found. I'm a stickler for rules so I won't be making an ebook and selling it on amazon now :( totally thought it'd be cool cuz then IP'ers all over could get it for cheap and have hundreds of recipes all neatly organized (maybe i'm overestimating people wanting organized recipes). Ugh I HATE this feeling! I'm just all restless and edgy and ergh!!!!!

I took my walk, that helped for about 10 minutes after I got back, and now I'm back to normal. Made extra shake for lunch, about 1/2 a serving so I got a bit more protein, I sprinted a few chunks and noticed I was feeling rather weak when I got back so I upped it a bit. Now I'm munching on cucumbers just staring at the clock until 5:30 when I can go home and do a quality mope. >.<

Dakin
05-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Greetings IP family!
I've missed you over the weekend. Went camping for the first time this season, and am on day 5 of Phase 2. I have to admit (shamefacedly) that I did (for the first time since being on IP) have a couple of bites of non OP foods. aargh! What I did find, tho, interestingly enough was that they didn't even taste good and the curiosity was instantly put to rest. I wasn't tempted to dive into any of the things that everyone else was having. Also, the scale was right where it should be, so I guess that's a good thing.
So many NSV's and SV's in the last few days! You guys have so much to be thankful for. Also the wisdom I find here really keeps me uplifted.
Rissimo, thank you for sharing your letter - it is something I definitely need to remember.
I'm already planning my first P3 breakfast..... to the very last detail. Does that make me crazy??

Keep smiling!

paulimapi
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I have decided that once I'm 10 pounds from my goal weight (I'm hoping this happens around August), I'll phase out and maintain that weight for about a month. Take a little break, you know. Then I'll start phase 1 again and lose that last bit :) Does it seem like a good idea?

Lace and Levis
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
May 17, 2012

Joby, you are doing so AWESOME, you have so much to be proud of!!! Grandma and I were both looking at your pictures. Grandma's exact words, "He is very handsome, he should be very proud of himself!!!" She also said to do that hugging picture thing from her. So here you go my friend, hugs from Grams :hug: You just have to love Grams! :) We are all very proud of you.

Porthardygurl
05-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Man its 1:43 pm here and im just sluggin it barely...Hubby got a knock at the door from the neighbours saying there is a pool in there backyard coming from our trailer!!! EEK! :S Not good news, especially since we just bought are trailer..although im wondering if my little girl might have flushed a toy down the toilet...oh dear :(

Well...im still OP and ready to go for a nap.

Ta ta

star2nite
05-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Day 5 here, I've had a stomach ache for three days. I think it may be either my body trying to adjust to all the veggies, not using the restroom as much or something.

Still super hungry in between meals, stomach feels like it's eating itself :( Can't eat annnny more lettuce then I already do...

Hope it gets better soon...

All I do all day is dream about my bar for snack time haha :)

SewingMomma
05-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I also bought 2 extra boxes this week for some variety. I got the chili which is great on top of a salad, and the strawberry wafers!!
I have always picked up an extra box every couple of weeks just to have variety. I bought the strawberry wafers today too! My coach said they're wonderful. I had my restricted this morning, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try one.

May 17, 2012

You look fantastic! Way to go. Do you use the RTD shakes? Those are incredibly portable and not restricted. I always have some of those on hand and usually grab one when I head out to run errands in the morning. That way I have my protein if shopping takes longer than expected.

sanaroph
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
USMCVET- what a big change!! It is very noticeable

Well it is after 5 here and I am just starting on my water. Had to get an emergency root canal and now I feel no pain when I drink :carrot: Have a good evening I have water & veggies to catch up on!

Cadu
05-21-2012, 06:23 PM
May 17, 2012,

VET... Look at you!! you look FABULOUS! I told you you are a Rock Star Now there is proof. :D

Kaypix
05-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Day 5 here, I've had a stomach ache for three days. I think it may be either my body trying to adjust to all the veggies, not using the restroom as much or something.

Still super hungry in between meals, stomach feels like it's eating itself :( Can't eat annnny more lettuce then I already do...

Have you tried an extra packet if your coach approves? And are you eating ALL your 4 cups of veggies? 4 cups is a ton of veggies and you may struggle, but they help keep you full fo-sho! Maybe space your veggies out to a cup at lunch and another between lunch and dinner?

Cadu
05-21-2012, 06:25 PM
congrats on all the great WI's :carrot::carrot:

Stefany1769
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Happy Monday!

This recipe isn't for phase 1. Correct?

Thank you for your letter. I really needed that this morning. :hug:

I had a great weekend, but it was tough. Camping-boating-fishing with friends. It is a challenge to do IP while camping-boating, but I did it :carrot:

This weekend coming up will be even harder. We are going Halibut fishing in Valdez, AK and will be away from home for 4 days. I wish there were more easy to grab foods that weren''t restricted. But I will do this. I have a goal and nothing is going to stand in my way of reaching it :D

If you would like help making a meal plan, I will help. :D I know exactly what you mean by Valdez being harder! :hug:

I agree the chili is really yummy! I use cauliflower and zucchini in it. :)

Happy Monday all!
I had my second weigh in today and am down another 3.4! I'm very happy about that! Almost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. And I feel good! I'm going out of town this weekend with family. It could be a challenge but I think I'm up for it!

Way to go! :carrot: All your hard work is paying off! :hug:

skinnybride2be
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone :) Sadly I fell of the bandwagon for awhile but thankfully I didn't gain any weight. It seems that when you stop posting and reading on the site you also stop working with the diet, but i'm back on track and ready to go!

Also, I've found that I don't really like the cappuccino or the broccoli soup so I have six packets of each if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Cadu
05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
This recipe isn't for phase 1. Correct?

You can have this on phase 1... the omlett is non restrictive and an occassional use of veggie cheese and small amount of turkey pepperoni (subtracted from your nightime protein ) used occassionaly is fine at least that is my opinion. and my coach's opinion.

mooselover
05-21-2012, 07:01 PM
usmcvet- You are amazing!!! Keep up the awesome job!!!

patns
05-21-2012, 07:08 PM
USMC, if people don't notice a change they are BLIND! you can see it for sure. Keep up the great work :)

I get so excited to see the numbers on those weights changing!

Pat

Lala0620
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I've tried searching for this with no luck, can anyone help me? I am trying to figure out what our average carb/fat/protein should be on phase one.

paulimapi
05-21-2012, 07:37 PM

Oh that was 100% me on week 1! Hang in there, you won't be as hungry soon! :) Drink more water! Add a bit of lemon to it, have some warm tea! It really helps! :hug:

fam4me
05-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Can you have ribs without BBQ sauce on phase 1?

usmcvet
05-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Well I want to say thank you to all of my sisters on 3fc and at least one Grandma. I was going to respond to each kind post but I'm on my android phone and it quickly became overwhelming. The kind words mean so much to me. I have a long way to go and know you are all going to be an important part of my journey and success.

I do use the RTD drinks. I have a few IP and Atkins drinks. The Atkins total carbs are listed as 5 in the vanilla and they say 2 net carbs but I still look at it as 5 which is still cool. I had a tough afternoon and checking in really made me feel good. Off to ride the mower hopefully before the rain.

You guys got me all teary eyed. I was actually balling. I don't hear much about my weight change be. I thought it was because I was so big it was harder to see. I kept looking at the photos and thought I could see a change most in my face. I'm still waiting for my coach to find a photo she took about a month ago that will give a good profile and head on comparison.

In my May photo you can see the evil strawberry cookie wafers! None for me I already have my restricted treats picked out.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Stefany1769
05-21-2012, 08:13 PM
I have decided that once I'm 10 pounds from my goal weight (I'm hoping this happens around August), I'll phase out and maintain that weight for about a month. Take a little break, you know. Then I'll start phase 1 again and lose that last bit :) Does it seem like a good idea?

If it were me and my body, I wouldn't phase off. But Everybody's body is different. :)

Stefany1769
05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
You can have this on phase 1... the omlett is non restrictive and an occassional use of veggie cheese and small amount of turkey pepperoni (subtracted from your nightime protein ) used occassionaly is fine at least that is my opinion. and my coach's opinion.

I didn't know that! Man I have been so tempted by cheese lately! :(

I wonder if anyone even carries it here.

Thanks Cadu! :D

Cadu
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
I didn't know that! Man I have been so tempted by cheese lately! :(

I wonder if anyone even carries it here.

Thanks Cadu! :D

You are very welcome
Here in NJ it is in the supermarkets by all the tofu and vegan/ vegetarian stuff.

Stefany1769
05-21-2012, 08:28 PM
You are very welcome
Here in NJ it is in the supermarkets by all the tofu and vegan/ vegetarian stuff.

Thanks I'll look there! :D

wendywendy
05-21-2012, 08:32 PM
May 17, 2012

My old license plate. I had this before VT had a Veteran Plate. I also did not renew it because it was extra, double I think the normal fee, and my little boy Jack arrived in August of 2002 and diapers are expensive! Have not golfed since '02 either. So this is where I came up with my screen name USMCVET.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331
/user23627_pic1520_1290525131-1.jpg

USMCVET your looking awesome...can really notice the loss. Keep up the fabulous work!!

wendywendy
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Had a wonderful long weekend here in Canada, accomplished lots around the house and even replaced the old rattling fridge in garage with a new one. Last straw - it froze a bunch of fresh veggies i had in there!!!!

WI #4 tomorrow afternoon....been really good all weekend and i made the Meringue cookies flavoured with almond extract this morning for a treat....so yummie!

Hope you have an OP day tomorrow!

haddy4
05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Well I want to say thank you to all of my sisters on 3fc and at least one Grandma. I was going to respond to each kind post but I'm on my android phone and it quickly became overwhelming. The kind words mean so much to me. I have a long way to go and know you are all going to be an important part of my journey and success.

I do use the RTD drinks. I have a few IP and Atkins drinks. The Atkins total carbs are listed as 5 in the vanilla and they say 2 net carbs but I still look at it as 5 which is still cool. I had a tough afternoon and checking in really made me feel good. Off to ride the mower hopefully before the rain.

You guys got me all teary eyed. I was actually balling. I don't hear much about my weight change be. I thought it was because I was so big it was harder to see. I kept looking at the photos and thought I could see a change most in my face. I'm still waiting for my coach to find a photo she took about a month ago that will give a good profile and head on comparison.

In my May photo you can see the evil strawberry cookie wafers! None for me I already have my restricted treats picked out.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You should be really really proud of yourself..you are doing so good!! Keep it up:carrot:

NewPath
05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Has anyone had lean body mass loss after week 4? My coach was concerned this week because I am not losing as much fat as she would like and I am still losing lean body mass. She added more egg whites daily, mid morning. I am completely 100%, eating everything I am supposed to be eating and in ketosis. The only mistake I was making was not eating immediately upon waking. I was also eclusively eating shrimp and fish for dinner. (Just lazy, not for any other reason.) She said that would not do it, but I have added chicken and beef to my evening meals now. I want to lose FAT!!!!!!! Anyone have this issue?

EssJay78
05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello everybody! I hope everyone had a great day! Today was my very first weigh in and I lost 7.4lbs!! Holy crap I can't even believe it! And 2inches off my waist!! It was definitely motivation to keep going! At this rate, I will lose almost 30lbs in a month!! Yes please! Also, I tried the "mock mashed potatoes" made out of cauliflower......ok so they don't really taste like mashed potatoes, but were definitely good! Kinda almost like cabbage? Well my 3yr old loved them and she doesn't like anything but a chicken nugget so I say it was a success!!! Yay! Okay, hope you all have a great day tomorrow! :carrot:

DanafromAustin
05-21-2012, 10:08 PM
May 17, 2012

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/user23627_pic1520_1290525131-1.jpgU
WOW what a difference. Amazing job!

Has anyone had lean body mass loss after week 4? My coach was concerned this week because I am not losing as much fat as she would like and I am still losing lean body mass. She added more egg whites daily, mid morning. I am completely 100%, eating everything I am supposed to be eating and in ketosis. The only mistake I was making was not eating immediately upon waking. I was also eclusively eating shrimp and fish for dinner. (Just lazy, not for any other reason.) She said that would not do it, but I have added chicken and beef to my evening meals now. I want to losKe FAT!!!!!!! Anyone have this issue?
I've had this problem ever since I started last fall. I even lift weighs 3 to 4 times per week. In my case I know it has a lot to due being on the other side of menopause.

Darralyn
05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say that today was much easier to stay OP; probably because I was at work. I am going to write that letter from my old fat self tonight and paste it on my fridge so when I feel like I want something else I can read it. That was such an inspired idea, Rissimo!
I just finished the book "Good Calories Bad Calories" this sure falls in line with everything I have learned about myself over the past 60 plus years!:smug: I totally agree with his conclusions regarding high carb diets; they do not work. This is why I chose IP to lose weight; I knew it would give me the best chance at success and it is still hard due to all my emotional eating issues. Just think if that was added to the pot the physical urge to eat due to blood sugar spikes and insulin production...I love this diet!!
usmcvet I forgot to mention earlier...Cute dimples!

Have a great night everyone and wishing everyone a total OP day tomorrow!

NewPath
05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello everybody! I hope everyone had a great day! Today was my very first weigh in and I lost 7.4lbs!! Holy crap I can't even believe it! And 2inches off my waist!! It was definitely motivation to keep going! At this rate, I will lose almost 30lbs in a month!! Yes please! Also, I tried the "mock mashed potatoes" made out of cauliflower......ok so they don't really taste like mashed potatoes, but were definitely good! Kinda almost like cabbage? Well my 3yr old loved them and she doesn't like anything but a chicken nugget so I say it was a success!!! Yay! Okay, hope you all have a great day tomorrow! :carrot:

EssJay78
Congratulations! Keep doing what you are doing..the weeks are going to fly by!!!! Way to go!

NOVAScents
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
LOVE all your ideas! Thanks for sharing. I am on day 6 and doing good, except feel terrible bloated.
I made the omelet again today and this time made it scrambled with the vegi's and used the tip of WF pancake syrup. It was GREAT! I will have to try the pizza too, thanks for the suggestions.
Also, I LOVE mexican and so glad to know I don't have to give that up!

On question...why do I have to wait 22 day b4 actually being a member and any suggestions with bloating?

I just saw today that you can buy Enzymes at your clinic to help with bloating.

NOVAScents
05-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Has anyone had lean body mass loss after week 4? My coach was concerned this week because I am not losing as much fat as she would like and I am still losing lean body mass. She added more egg whites daily, mid morning. I am completely 100%, eating everything I am supposed to be eating and in ketosis. The only mistake I was making was not eating immediately upon waking. I was also eclusively eating shrimp and fish for dinner. (Just lazy, not for any other reason.) She said that would not do it, but I have added chicken and beef to my evening meals now. I want to lose FAT!!!!!!! Anyone have this issue?

I've been having the same problem my last two weeks. Hopefully this week will be different ;/

I don't get it because I eat a well balance of meats and unlike most, I LOVE veggies and wish I could eat more than 4C! LOL I have my WI on Wednesday afternoon, so hopefully I see a GOOD change there with fat going down NOT Lean muscle mass!

LizRR
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Usmcvet...you are rocking this program! I really need to take a new picture, seeing your before and after you can really see the difference.

Well, we are going to Denver this weekend for a family wedding so having an early WI#12 tomorrow and picking up my food. I dare not get the strawberry wafer if it's as good as everyone says...I had enough trouble staying away from the chocolate soy puffs!

audgirl78
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I was very impressed with the spinach in the shake! My hubby took the last of the ice in a cooler for our daughters field trip... Thank God there is a convenience store down the road. Cost me 3 minutes both wys on the morning routine, but I can't live without the shake!

Definitely will do the spinach again!

Love all the posts today! Thanks for sharing.

LizRR
05-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I was very impressed with the spinach in the shake! My hubby took the last of the ice in a cooler for our daughters field trip... Thank God there is a convenience store down the road. Cost me 3 minutes both wys on the morning routine, but I can't live without the shake!

I LOVE my breakfast spinach smoothie! Delicious with chocolate and vanilla, I put coffee in mine too. I actually ran out of spinach this weekend and it wasn't nearly as good...

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures and MORE PICTURES!!!....I am telling you and as you can see, PROOF is on this site. Pictures let you see the difference in yourself that you don't see because you look in the mirror everyday. We don't see what people see when we look in the mirror. EVERYONE take a PICTURE OF YOURSELF.....TODAY!!!....Date it....Take ONE EVERY MONTH....I PROMISE you ....YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID :):)

Stefany1769
05-22-2012, 12:36 AM
I have been so tempted to eat carbs today! TOM should be here any day now and this is the part that sucks for me. Trying hard to stay strong right now... It was really hard when I made Kraft Mac n cheese for my kids today. UGH and the till amok cheddar cheese on their sandwiches! That was just lunch, at dinner I made some yummy chicken kabobs with WF dressing, but the noodles! :( Alfredo sauce with mozzarella in it. I so want cheese right now.

Right now I am sitting here munching on my red bell pepper and chicken. Blah!somedays it's just better to go to bed early.

DanafromAustin
05-22-2012, 12:44 AM

Can't decide if my favorite part of the day is my peanut butter crunch bar at breakfast or my vanilla pudding shake w/spinach for lunch. ;)

Zartas
05-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I have heard from others that it is hard to get back on track. One f my coaches is doing that right now and she said she wished she had stuck with it till goal... Everyone is different though.

mooselover
05-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Good evening everyone. I just got back from getting pedicures with my girls. They paid for mine as my Mother's Day gift :D It was a nice ending to my busy day. I spent most of the day Spring Cleaning. I also went for a nice walk. Weather was beautiful!!! Good start for the week.

patns
05-22-2012, 01:49 AM

Make sure you are getting enough fat in. I stopped losing for about a month. I then realized all of my animal protein meals were chicken breast and I also wasn't getting the olive oil in because i was using the WF individual salad dressing packages.
I measured out my olive oil and put it on my salads and mixed up the regular meal protein choices and I started to lose again. you coach is on the right track with her suggestions.