Ideal Protein Diet - Mixing Up the Meal Plan

View Full Version : Mixing Up the Meal Plan

JackBs Mom
05-20-2012, 03:19 PM
So I know this may be a question that is answered elsewhere but I searched and cannot find it.
I was wondering how strict the plan itself is, I know the foods and portions are strict but I was curious:
- Can I eat my salt throughout the day? Does it have to be at lunch?
- I can eat my 4 cups of veggies whenever throughout the day? Do they have to be a part of lunch & dinner?
- Does all IP food have to be eaten strictly where they are assigned or can I switch the lunch with dinner, etc?
Thank you!!!!
P.S. Day 3 and holding strong despite the headaches & random aches...

LizRR
05-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I personally spread out my veggies throughout several meals since I found it hard to eat 2 cups at one sitting. And I had to swap my snack and dinner, there was too much time between lunch and dinner where I was rundown, then I was stuffing down a late snack I wasn't hungry for. Everyone has different schedules, I know some folks also split up their 8oz protein as needed.

JackBs Mom
05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks!
I have so many questions and I am having trouble finding the answers in my material & IP centre is closed for the long weekend!
Are we allowed to heat our Olive Oil?
Do dill pickles have to be 0 0 0 ?
Cn we grill our vegetables?

sanibelover
05-20-2012, 07:25 PM
You can heat olive oil. Dill pickles are select veggies so they do not have to be 0/0/0. Grill away - the only thing you shouldn't do is caramelize onions.