100 lb. Club - Progression Pictures

View Full Version : Progression Pictures

mj5
05-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi everyone! These are my progress pictures. They are taken every 4 weeks, starting 3/11 through 5/12. The past two months, the scale hasn't moved very much at all (and that's ok), but I have definitely gotten stronger.

3/11--8/11
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/3-11-8-11.jpg

9/11-2/12
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/9-11--2-12.jpg

3/12-5/12
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/3-12--5-122.jpg

Martine
05-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow mj5! That is so cool to see! And in the last couple of pictures, you are looking so toned, you look amazing!

mj5
05-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Martine--Thank you! I have really shifted focus to more strenghth/muscle development. I still have a little bit of weight I would like to lose and I will, eventually. No rush, though. Last night I wore a tank top out with friends for the first time EVER. (That was one of my first goals....to feel comfortable in sleeveless shirts)

DrivenByAmbition
05-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Great job!

Thedollylala
05-19-2012, 10:14 AM
That's so awesome!!!

time2lose
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
WOW, just WOW! Thanks for posting, such an encouragement.

mj5
05-19-2012, 07:07 PM
thanks ladies! Let me tell you, it took me a looooong time to be ready to actually focus on me. I had every possible excuse in the book. Anyone can do this. The key is to NEVER give up. I lost and re-gained several times, but always came back to working at it. I hated to exercise, with a passion. Now, I love my workouts. They are the one time of day I get just for me. That won't happen for everyone, but keep going on your journey. Find what works for you. that's what matters!

Arctic Mama
05-19-2012, 08:34 PM
You look incredible and the changes in your strength are especially obvious. Those guns look awesome. And I can SEE your quads through your exercise pants.

Excellent progress, your hard work has definitely paid off.

SmallSteps
05-19-2012, 11:54 PM
You look awesome MJ!

berryblondeboys
05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Great progress and every reason to be proud!

mj5
05-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Thank you! I actually JUST bought some sleeveless shirts and a dress. I've worked HARD on my arms (still working on them)...now it's time to show them off a bit ;)

Taryl--Thanks! Funny you mention my quads. I actually have a bad knee. Two years ago, my orthopedist told me it was time for a total knee replacement. Umm..nope. That's what REALLY kicked me in the booty to make some serious changes. It took me a while to figure out what was going to work for me, but I did. I saw my orthopedist last month and besides being absolutely thrilled with my progress/weight loss, he told me two things: your quads are strong (they have always, always, always been super weak) AND he was glad he didn't operate. Sure, I may need to have more knee surgery someday, but not anytime soon!

EatMoreCelery
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
You look wonderful, both lean and strong!
I like the many photos of your progress and am inspired to do the same. :)

Congratulations on your success!

MablesGirl
05-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I love the monthly photos. Congratulations, you look great!

KDeian
05-21-2012, 09:13 AM
You have done an amazing job! Congratulations!

stillmeadow
05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm so glad you posted! Besides being an inspiration, you motivated me to take "before" pics....even though I don't want to do it, I know I'll want to be able to do the comparison "after".

Awesome job!

Goddess Jessica
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I love these! Those aren't arms, those are GUNS!

I hope you'll put these in the Progress Pics sticky so that other people are check them out well after this thread has disappeared!

Liliann
05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
1st,,Weigh to go on your amazing weight loss progress!! 2nd.. Looking good and keep up the great progress!!

mj5
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm so glad you posted! Besides being an inspiration, you motivated me to take "before" pics....even though I don't want to do it, I know I'll want to be able to do the comparison "after".

Awesome job!

Thank you! Definitely take "before" pics. Trust me when i tell you that I did not want to take them. I said I wasn't going to. But, my trainer (I use a trainer online) said I had to. So...I did. I am so very glad he insisted. It really, really sucks taking the "before"...but it wasn't long before I started looking forward to taking them.

mj5
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Goddess Jessica--Thank you for the reminder! I'll put them up there now.

SuddenlySweet
05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
This is so inspiring! May I ask how you got started?

mj5
05-21-2012, 09:13 PM
This is so inspiring! May I ask how you got started?

Thanks! Of course! First...I decided I was REALLY ready to make lifestyle changes. I started eating "better" and going to Zumba a couple times per week. A friend recommended a friend of hers who is a trainer. He does "regular" in person training, but also offeres online options. I thought it sounded a little odd, but checked it out. I decided that I had tried lots of other things, so why not give it a try. I wasn't sure I would be able to stick w/ the strength training (I always enjoyed it and had good intentions...but in the past, I gave up on myself) or the nutritional plan. within a week, I knew this was the perfect thing for me. I have worked w/ him ever since. I am also in the process of studying to become a trainer myself.