Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 5/19 - Sun 5/20

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 02:07 AM
I posted this late last night but wanted to post it here as well.......I need help.....My mom was rushed to the hospital tonight with the shakes, being pale, throwing up and having trouble breathing. Can each of you please pray that she is ok. I am not going home tonight because it is too late for me to get on the road alone (11:45pm) so my brother told me to stay put until they find out what is going on with her. Thanks in advance

shelly ann
05-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I will light a candle and say a prayer for your mom Lisa. Take care.

purple sky
05-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Wuv, I am very sorry to hear about your mom. I pray that she will be okay.

Diana B
05-19-2012, 03:27 AM
I posted this late last night but wanted to post it here as well.......I need help.....My mom was rushed to the hospital tonight with the shakes, being pale, throwing up and having trouble breathing. Can each of you please pray that she is ok. I am not going home tonight because it is too late for me to get on the road alone (11:45pm) so my brother told me to stay put until they find out what is going on with her. Thanks in advance

Prayers being sent :hug:

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 05:02 AM

:hug:Prayers from Alaska running to you and yours:hug:

MaggieD
05-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Wuv, I hope that your mother is recovering and is not seriously ill. I have added you and your mother to my prayers. :hug:

Cadu
05-19-2012, 06:53 AM

Prayers are being sent for both you & your mom. please let us know how she is doing.

NOVAScents
05-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Prayer's to you!! I can't imagine how you must feel right now not being able to be right there. I pray that today as you go to her you can do so in peace and safely! I hope her doctors have figured out whats wrong and have begun the healing process for her.

Tammywhiz
05-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Sending positive vibes your way. Will keep you both in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Aud007
05-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Wuv, my thoughts are also with you and your family.

Kat2500
05-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family from the east coast. Let us know how both of you are doing.

Sewmam
05-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Wuv, I hope the evening hours brought good news and that she is safe and home this morning. My prayers are with her and your family.

Sewmam
05-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning everybody! Boy, things like the emergency for Wuv's mom really puts life into perspective, doesn't it?

I managed to get into town yesterday to do the recycling load, shopped and bought some waterproofing paint for my basement, which is a poured concrete foundation. It's thicker and gloopier than regular paint, which means it's heavier to glop on, but it's the right thing for the job. The walls are not smooth like drywall, so it takes some effort to get it on there. I found myself thinking of my dear old Dad. We lived in a big stucco house when I was a kid, and every few years, he'd be up on these big wooden ladders with huge brushes, painting the stucco with his big hands. Hard work. With 8 kids, 5 of which were boys, he was always fixing broken windows or something. I used to like hanging out in his workshop, hammering a nail, just to spend time with him. ;)

Well, it's back to the basement in a minute. I'm going to try splitting my breakfast this morning, to having my oatmeal now, and yogurt/berries in a couple hours. I think it was Purple or New England who was doing that in Phase 4. Maybe it will help with the drop in energy after a couple hours...

Hope you all have a sunny, delicious day!

IPdivajen
05-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Thinking good thoughts for you, Wuv.

evepet
05-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Sending good thoughts and positive vibes your way Wuv. Hope all is ok with your Mom.

Good morning all. Not sure why, but I woke up at 6am this morning... wide awake. Decided I might as well get up and get my day started. So I've already done a load of laundry, had breakfast, and did some minor cleaning. I would have preferred sleeping in, but knew it was impossible. This is unusual for me - could it have anything to do with being in ketosis, etc? I don't feel rested in particular - just wide awake. I have a feeling I'll crash in a few hours, which will not be convenient!

Should be a relatively calm day for me. Have already done most of my errands, shopping, etc., so it's mostly just cleaning my apartment and preparing a meal for my company tonight. I have one more container to amend soil for, and sow with lettuce/spinach/and scallion seeds. Then that project is done - well, except for ongoing watering, weeding, and feeding... and eventually harvesting (with any luck :D)

Have a great OP day everyone. And Happy Victoria Day Weekend to my fellow Canadians.

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Prayers sent Lisa. It is nice to know you are with her. Be strong and give her some cuddles from me. I tell my kids that cuddles from them are the best medicine. Even a face cuddle of cheek to cheek.

wendywendy
05-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Stay strong Lisa, sending hugs and prayers from Canada! xox :hug:

kmstacy
05-19-2012, 09:39 AM
You and your mom are in our prayers..I hope she is doing better this morning

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Lisa~ You and your mom are definitely in my prayers. Keep us posted this weekend and let me know if you need anything.
:hug:

Andie0606
05-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I join the others, Lisa, in sending prayers to you and your Mom. Please keep us posted and know that you are not alone. Which hospital?

patns
05-19-2012, 10:08 AM

So sorry to hear of this. Prayers for good news on her condition and for a safe journey for you.

Pat

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Morning all you fabulous peeps :) I'm awake and typing away, DH is sleeping next to me, we had a super late night last night. Well, it felt super late anyway. DH went to Sioux City, IA to pick up a lift for his motorcycle, the lift is literally like 9 feet long, 3 feet wide and 350 lbs. I stayed home lol. He got back around 9:00PM, I helped him unload it (I drove the truck while he and his brother pulled it out of the bed) and then went back to watching Weight of the Nation while he set it up. It's really cool looking I'll admit that, but he went to take his brother to the bar afterwards (thank you drinks) and then drove him home, wasn't back until after midnight, and I was already in bed. I figure he must be more tired than me so I'm letting him sleep in.

Evepet~ Today I am starting my container garden! The reason I mentioned the lift DH bought is the box it came in is wood, and the same size as the lift obviously, and about 8" deep :) i'm going to put it on the southern exposure of our backyard, fill it up with dirt and plant me some veggies for this summer! I have a black thumb when it comes to gardens (personal opinion) but I'm gonna give this a go. Have to drill holes in the bottom of the box yet, thinking one every 6" or so and have them about 1/2" in diameter. The price for this? I have to help DH clean and organize his garage today, ugh!

mtnsun4
05-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Prayers to you and your mom. Hoping everything is ok!:hug:

Off this morning to get my son's first haircut! I am hoping that he doesn't freak out or move his head too much. He is only 1 year old! :smug: We'll see how it goes.

Have a great day all!

kmc1021
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Praying for your mom and your family WUV. Please keep us updated.

I am so out of whack and feel horrible :( My TOM is beyond horrible. I feel like have enough punishment for all women for the next 5 years and everyone can take a break from the pain. The worse part is that I can't sleep. I just want to lay down and sleep through this. But nope, can't do that. And even if I wanted to I have to get up hourly to do bathroom duties because of how heavy it is. AGH! Did you hear that scream??!!

evepet
05-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Morning all you fabulous peeps :) I'm awake and typing away, DH is sleeping next to me, we had a super late night last night. Well, it felt super late anyway. DH went to Sioux City, IA to pick up a lift for his motorcycle, the lift is literally like 9 feet long, 3 feet wide and 350 lbs. I stayed home lol. He got back around 9:00PM, I helped him unload it (I drove the truck while he and his brother pulled it out of the bed) and then went back to watching Weight of the Nation while he set it up. It's really cool looking I'll admit that, but he went to take his brother to the bar afterwards (thank you drinks) and then drove him home, wasn't back until after midnight, and I was already in bed. I figure he must be more tired than me so I'm letting him sleep in.

Evepet~ Today I am starting my container garden! The reason I mentioned the lift DH bought is the box it came in is wood, and the same size as the lift obviously, and about 8" deep :) i'm going to put it on the southern exposure of our backyard, fill it up with dirt and plant me some veggies for this summer! I have a black thumb when it comes to gardens (personal opinion) but I'm gonna give this a go. Have to drill holes in the bottom of the box yet, thinking one every 6" or so and have them about 1/2" in diameter. The price for this? I have to help DH clean and organize his garage today, ugh!

Hey, super! Have fun. You'll be able to grow a lot of stuff in that! :)

carolirish
05-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Wow, Wuv that's a shock for you. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

I've got the munchies so I decided to check out everyones posts while I wait for my spinach chips to cook. It's a beautiful day in Holland. We brought our 2yr old twins, jack and Izzy to the zoo for their first visit today. It was great fun. The sealions put on a great show. The kids were delighted.
I love Saturdays.

Porthardygurl
05-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Good Morning All...

WUV, i will be praying for your'e mom for a quick recovery and wisdom for the doctors.

Well...Life stinks here. Its 6:42 Am. I have been awake since 6... I went to bed late last night..like 1 am this morning late and now im wide awake and cant even sleep. Part of it, is soreness from doing my workout yesterday and part of it is...sleeplessness. For some strange reason, on this diet, i have issues sleeping. Its like...Im not even in Ketosis yet and ive got bounds more energy. Part of me thinks its because im used to being sleepy all the time from eating a carb heavy diet, especially before bed..and all of the sudden its like no carbs..It does frustrate me because i love to sleep.. It makes me just as mad, because i cant nap either. I cant nap because im so energized from working out on my treadmill...I love the new found energy in one sense..but i really want my nap!!!

I must confess to feeling a little intolerable this morning. I jumped on my scale, its the second day and im used to seeing at least a change in the scale with it going down(Even though its just water weight) but nothing!! nada! zip!!..in fact, it went up a pound....GRRRRR! I wanted to see a lower number so that i could feel more encouraged and motivated but MR. Scale doesnt seem to want to tell me anything nice today...

Oh and im so excited .I discovered the beauty of cabbage and tofu shirtake noodles in a stir fry. This is a huge step forward, cause i hate hate hate veggies and all of the sudden, i found something i love.

salmongirl
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Thoughts for Wuv's Mom from Idaho.

sanaroph
05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
You and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers Wuv. :hug:

Today will be a busy afternoon. I have a communion party to stop by on our way to my son's fencing tournament. I am packing a salad and some RTD shakes and a packet to carry me through. I usually carry a reusable bottle of water but since I must drink more water, will end up buying some on the way over and add to the fencing supply pack.

Our garden is starting to take off, lettuce & swiss chard are blooming away

have a good day all :wave:

NewPath
05-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Wuv, sending prayers and positive energy your way. I pray that you are safe and that your mom and family are all reunited and well.

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 11:51 AM
:hug:Wuv,
You and your Mom are in my prayers!:hug:

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Praying for your mom Wuv. Hope all is well.

Today I ordered panniers for my bike so that I can ride it when I go shopping! I do a lot of riding during the summer, but had no way to haul groceries home and I don't like wearing a backpack--so I'll let you know if I make good use of them!

mooselover
05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
:hug:Prayers from Alaska running to you and yours:hug:

I am with her on this :) Double the prayers coming from North Pole, AK :hug:

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 12:14 PM
I want to wish everyone a wonderful day and the will to stay OP! What a lovely bunch of people! I have been reading all the posts of prayers and well wishers from virtually all over the globe. Netherlands, Candada, North Pole Alaska....Wow, can you feel that love Wuv??
This forum is so powerful!! I am in tears with gratitude for all of this caring.. I don't mean to be so emotional but this is so beautiful all of you coming together to help one another and be there for each other. I thank God I found this support of so many people I have grown to love and respect. :grouphug:

I am doing well on the program; almost everyday my head wants food but I resist because I come on this forum and read everyone's posts and it gives me the strength to stay 100% OP. I realize I will always struggle with wanting to eat for other reasons than nutrition and will need to try to figure out another path; well this is surely one path I see myself on even after the weight loss. I want to stay and know you people forever! :hug:

DanafromAustin
05-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Sending lots of positive vibes your way Lisa. Hope you get better news this morning.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful day and the will to stay OP! What a lovely bunch of people! I have been reading all the posts of prayers and well wishers from virtually all over the globe. Netherlands, Candada, North Pole Alaska....Wow, can you feel that love Wuv??
This forum is so powerful!! I am in tears with gratitude for all of this caring.. I don't mean to be so emotional but this is so beautiful all of you coming together to help one another and be there for each other. I thank God I found this support of so many people I have grown to love and respect. :grouphug:

I am doing well on the program; almost everyday my head wants food but I resist because I come on this forum and read everyone's posts and it gives me the strength to stay 100% OP. I realize I will always struggle with wanting to eat for other reasons than nutrition and will need to try to figure out another path; well this is surely one path I see myself on even after the weight loss. I want to stay and know you people forever! :hug:
What a kind post you wrote this morning. Group support definitely helps when going through this whole process. You will be successful on this diet, in part because of you and in part because of this group.:)

Happy Saturday everyone! It has been pretty crazy at my house this week with my mom here for a two week visit. I've been keeping her really busy, but of course that means I'm never home and haven't had much time to get on here to read all of the post. We have also been eating out a lot as we are never home, and that has made it very challenging for me. I always find something I can eat, but watching my mom eat whatever her heart desires plus dessert has been hard, and she could stand to loose a lot of weight herself. I feel like I'm back on the cruise again we took together in February. I didn't cheat then and there is no way I will cheat now, but it does make me feel like it's been a LONG seven months on this diet and it will never end. Of course I know this isn't true, but I really need to send her home and get back to my regular schedule. Love my mom, but this diet has been so easy because I follow a pretty simple schedule with it. One more week to go. :dizzy:

Have a good 100% OP day...

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Y'all are an incredible bunch of people I must say. When I welcome everyone that is new on the introduction to IP thread, I always say WELCOME TO THE IP FAMILY...THIS IS WHY.....we all share a bond that is very strong and when we need each other we are always there no matter where int he WORLD we are. Yes, I am crying as I am typing this, Y'all are wonderful. Thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers.

Mom was released with an inner ear infection is what they said. She came home at 2am this morning. I just got off of the phone with her and she said she is fine, her head is still a little heavy and she has to watch how she turns it but she is ok. I am not going home, but I told her if she needed me to come I would. My 3 brothers are all right next door to her so they will keep an eye on her closely. It sucks being away from here and it seems as I get older the closer I want to be but my life is here with my job and such. Maybe one day I will move back home....never know. Thank y'all again from the bottom of my heart, this all means soooooo much to me!

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Y'all are an incredible bunch of people I must say. When I welcome everyone that is new on the introduction to IP thread, I always say WELCOME TO THE IP FAMILY...THIS IS WHY.....we all share a bond that is very strong and when we need each other we are always there no matter where int he WORLD we are. Yes, I am crying as I am typing this, Y'all are wonderful. Thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers.

Mom was released with an inner ear infection is what they said. She came home at 2am this morning. I just got off of the phone with her and she said she is fine, her head is still a little heavy and she has to watch how she turns it but she is ok. I am not going home, but I told her if she needed me to come I would. My 3 brothers are all right next door to her so they will keep an eye on her closely. It sucks being away from here and it seems as I get older the closer I want to be but my life is here with my job and such. Maybe one day I will move back home....never know. Thank y'all again from the bottom of my heart, this all means soooooo much to me!

Thank God it was nothing more serious!! Mom's are so important in our lives and it is terribly scarey when we think we could lose them! I am pleased for you, dear Wuv that she will be OK. :hug:

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Lisa~ So glad your mom is home from the hospital. I hope she has a speedy and comfortable recovery :)

Diana B
05-19-2012, 12:57 PM

SO glad to hear your mom is doing ok, what a scare we all had...I don't post as much as some of you but I am here everyday getting boosts from each and every one of you. It is so awesome to have a place to go for support on this journey we are on, I feel like I know many of you from reading these posts. There is so much positivity here that there's no way we can't be successful! Thanks so much!

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks SOOOOO much!!......Life is too short to have negativity, that is why someone post something negative I TRY to turn it into a positive. That is my outlook on life.....POSITIVE things happen....Makes you a stronger person when you think positive and NOT negative. YOU make your own world so enjoy it :)

wendywendy
05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
LISA...i'm so happy for you and your family!! Your mom must feel so loved and special to have kids like you to care and watch over her...xox

Staying OP today and getting so much house work done it's fabulous!!! DH cleaning garage and i've cleaned the stove, laundry batch 3 done, vacuumed, floors moped...just gotta do bathroom...yipeee. It's a long weekend here in Canada ...so with all this done i'd like to go for a bike ride and start a reading a new novel this weekend...oh boy!!!!!

Great weekend all..!!!!!

Tripmama
05-19-2012, 01:14 PM
On a positive note, Wuv glad your mom is ok, I was down three pounds on the scale this morning. So I will be looking forward to the next week's WI.

It is a lovely day here in Salmon, doing a little gardening this morning and then watching my son play ball this afternoon.

sunshinered
05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks SOOOOO much!!......Life is too short to have negativity, that is why someone post something negative I TRY to turn it into a positive. That is my outlook on life.....POSITIVE things happen....Makes you a stronger person when you think positive and NOT negative. YOU make your own world so enjoy it :)

What a dynamic group. I too, sent up a little prayer for your mom, Wuv and I thought to myself how incredible. How many people must have prayed for your mom. What kind of power is in that? So glad to hear she's okay.

I had to update my ticker by 5.5 pounds to post. I am now down 25 pounds in just this short time. Amazing! My face is starting to look a little different.

fam4me
05-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Sending prayers your way....

susyqxxxx
05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Wuv, glad to hear your mom is doing good at home.

Started phase 3 today, and i must say the banana was sooo good, and it tasted soo sweet, yogurt was delicious..

NSV for me, tried on my size jeans( 12) today, and they fit, they are in the washer now....tried about 6 weeks ago, and they were no go, i`ll have to wear a belt with them now....love this diet, or should i say a way of life for me now...
Have a great weekend all

Sewmam
05-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Just checked in to see how Wuv's mom was doing and YAHOO !!!! Great news!!!

NewPath
05-19-2012, 03:07 PM
My goal for this week is to start grilling. I have been buying a lot of prepared foods for my kids because it has been easier than cooking seperate meals, and I arrive home at 7 or 8 at night with them....starving. Yes, this has been expensive.
I am not a good cook and vegetables are all new to me. (Honest) My 15 year old son is an active baseball player and my daughter is a finicky college athlete who eats healthy, but is usually starving by evening time...so yeah, I have my work cut out for me. I think that grilling will be a solution for all of us. Grilling is also something that I can do all year...even in snow storms.
Favorite recipes gratefully appreciated. (Please include details...don't assume I know anything....like seasoning etc.)

Jag23
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Good Saturday to everyone. Wuv,I even added my prayers from the West coast of Canada. Mother's are instead special. Great to hear she is going to be OK
Had WI yesterday down 3 lbs and 9.25" . I'm struggling but determined to get to goal this week,then I move to Phase 2. I am heading out for a bicycle ride and have already cleaned up the garden.
Keep up your courage and hope this week goes well for everyone

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Lisa it was the cuddles you gave your Mom. I just know it! Seriously I am glad Mom is home. The inner ear can be rough to deal with.

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Very well said.

NSV. I was on my feet for the last 5 hours a a car seat inspection. It was warm and sunny. I am tired but happy. I did not need to stop to sit down and rest and I was not a pile of sweat.

jcjnjj
05-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Wuv - So happy your Mom is ok.

Having my daughter's 4th birthday party tomorrow with 20 of her friends. I'm hoping I can keep my energy up! We are having it at a gymnastics place so that should be easier.

Well, it's nap time now! Been up with young kids since early this morning. This mama is wiped out.

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 04:04 PM
My goal for this week is to start grilling. I have been buying a lot of prepared foods for my kids because it has been easier than cooking seperate meals, and I arrive home at 7 or 8 at night with them....starving. Yes, this has been expensive.
I am not a good cook and vegetables are all new to me. (Honest) My 15 year old son is an active baseball player and my daughter is a finicky college athlete who eats healthy, but is usually starving by evening time...so yeah, I have my work cut out for me. I think that grilling will be a solution for all of us. Grilling is also something that I can do all year...even in snow storms.
Favorite recipes gratefully appreciated. (Please include details...don't assume I know anything....like seasoning etc.)

I saw your post and I just wanted to share some info on grilling, I have grilled more in the past month than ever before and I already grilled a lot! I like to put some WF garlic herb sauce onto a 12" square of tinfoil then top with chicken(or any meat really) then add some sea salt, olive oil, pepper, garlic and 2 cups of veggies, plus a little more garlic & herbs sauce. You can use any of the salad dressings instead of garlic & herb to change the taste. You then put it on a hot grill and cook at medium-high heat for 20-30 minutes. Veggies and meat all taken care of! The original recipe had olives, potatoes, and frozen green beans in it so you can easily make this for the kids too. :) I know how hard it can be, being a mom!

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 04:08 PM
NSV to post:
I crossed my arms under my chest yesterday at work and I no longer had a shelf of fat there to hold them up or protrude out from underneath my arms! Great feeling, it has always made me paranoid when my fat rolls were visible.
2nd NSV:
I am happy to say that I will be losing my weight just in time for my wedding! I just got engaged on the 15th and we will be getting married on November 3rd.:D

Headed out for my WI, catch you'll later! :hug:

Ng951
05-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Wuv glad to hear Mom is ok :). My brother who is 43 was hospitalized this week with a serious illness very emotional trying to get him the proper care. I was determined to stay op 100 percent. I have worked too hard to turn to the food. Everyone have a nice weekend ;). Nancy

WingnutandMe
05-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Here are a few of my favorites:

Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

Rub:
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 large or 2 small pork tenderloins, about 1 pound total
extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:
Rub: in a small bowl combine the rub ingredients and crush them together with your fingertips. Trim excess fat and silver skin from the tenderloins. Lightly brush or spray the tenderloins with olive oil. Spread the rub all over the tenderloin and press the spices into the surface of the meat. Grill the tenderloins over direct medium heat until the centers are barely pink, 15 t0 20 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove it from the grill and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.

Pantry Pork Chops

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Marinating & Waiting Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients:
Marinade
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork rib chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick each

Preparation:
Marinade: in a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large plastic bag (Ziploc) and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Sear the chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(Indirect barbeque cooking: the indirect method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance that you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the indirect method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time. Examples include roasts, ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and other large cuts of meat, as well as delicate fish fillets. To grill by the indirect method on a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food to the temperature noted in the recipe and turn off the burner(s) directly below the food. For best results, place roasts, poultry, or large cuts of meat on a roasting rack set inside a disposable heavy-gauge foil pan. For longer cooking times, add water to the foil pan to keep drippings from burning.)

Ideal BBQ Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp Dijon or Creole mustard
2 packets of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp Paul Prudhome’s Blackened Steak Magic
Ό tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp olive or grape seed oil
Ό tsp natural sea salt
½ tsp Louisiana Brand hot sauce
Zipper seal large 1 gal. bag

Place all of the spice ingredients into the zipper seal disposable bag and mix with your hands by massaging the outside of the zipper seal bag. Add your chicken and massage the spice mix into and all over the chicken breasts and let sit in the bag. Fire up the BBQ and get it good and hot so that chicken will be seared when it is placed on the grill. Sear the first side and when you turn it to sear the second side cut your heat down and cook slow until just done (no pink). (It works in the oven too). The chicken will be tender and juicy.

Barbecued Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients list:
• 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
• 2 tablespoons of WF barbecue sauce.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• 16 oz pork tenderloin, halved and butterflied.
Instructions for Barbecued Grilled Pork Tenderloin:
In a shallow non-reactive dish, combine the Dijon mustard, barbecue sauce and olive oil. Season with the dried rosemary, salt and black pepper.

Turn the butterflied pieces of pork tenderloin in the mixture and marinate for 45-50 minutes.
Preheat your grill or broiler and broil for 7 minutes a side only.
Allow the tenderloin rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before cutting it on the bias into thin slices.

Grilled Shrimp

• 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp (any size)
• olive oil
• paprika
• garlic salt
• Old Bay Seasoning
• 1 lime
Drizzle enough oil over the shrimp to coat. Sprinkle paprika, garlic salt and Old Bay, to taste (I use about 1/2 teaspoon of each for 1 lb of shrimp).
Place on wooden skewers which have been soaked in water for 1 hour.

Put on grill, cooking until shrimp tails turn white. Flip and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more (depending on size).

15-Minute Chicken Breast Marinade

Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions:
Combine the first five ingredients, mixing well; spread on both sides of chicken.
Place chicken on a plate. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes (or for several hours in the refrigerator.)
Grill, uncovered, over medium coals, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.

patns
05-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Thank heavens!! Those were very scary symptoms. My mom has finally agreed to go into assisted care and I had a bit of a drive this morning to get her some new clothes as the ones she was wearing are way too big for her and she really is shrinking with age. She is 88.

As I was driving I was hoping you had good news because from my perspective your mom is still a fairly young woman. So glad it is something that can be treated quickly.

Pat

Cadu
05-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Wuv, I am so happy to see that you mom is ok. I thought about you all day. I only have a fewminutes but I needed to know if there was an update about her. Now go relax and take of YOU.

patns
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Molly, you are a gold mine of fantastic recipes. And Stefany yours sounds yummy too. Bring on summer!

Pat

Diana B
05-19-2012, 05:35 PM
NSV to post:
I crossed my arms under my chest yesterday at work and I no longer had a shelf of fat there to hold them up or protrude out from underneath my arms! Great feeling, it has always made me paranoid when my fat rolls were visible.
2nd NSV:
I am happy to say that I will be losing my weight just in time for my wedding! I just got engaged on the 15th and we will be getting married on November 3rd.:D

Headed out for my WI, catch you'll later! :hug:

Awesome NSV, don't you just love those! :carrot::D

Diana B
05-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Here are a few of my favorites:

Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

Rub:
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 large or 2 small pork tenderloins, about 1 pound total
extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:
Rub: in a small bowl combine the rub ingredients and crush them together with your fingertips. Trim excess fat and silver skin from the tenderloins. Lightly brush or spray the tenderloins with olive oil. Spread the rub all over the tenderloin and press the spices into the surface of the meat. Grill the tenderloins over direct medium heat until the centers are barely pink, 15 t0 20 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove it from the grill and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.

Pantry Pork Chops

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Marinating & Waiting Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients:
Marinade
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork rib chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick each

Preparation:
Marinade: in a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large plastic bag (Ziploc) and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Sear the chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(Indirect barbeque cooking: the indirect method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance that you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the indirect method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time. Examples include roasts, ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and other large cuts of meat, as well as delicate fish fillets. To grill by the indirect method on a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food to the temperature noted in the recipe and turn off the burner(s) directly below the food. For best results, place roasts, poultry, or large cuts of meat on a roasting rack set inside a disposable heavy-gauge foil pan. For longer cooking times, add water to the foil pan to keep drippings from burning.)

Ideal BBQ Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp Dijon or Creole mustard
2 packets of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp Paul Prudhome’s Blackened Steak Magic
Ό tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp olive or grape seed oil
Ό tsp natural sea salt
½ tsp Louisiana Brand hot sauce
Zipper seal large 1 gal. bag

Place all of the spice ingredients into the zipper seal disposable bag and mix with your hands by massaging the outside of the zipper seal bag. Add your chicken and massage the spice mix into and all over the chicken breasts and let sit in the bag. Fire up the BBQ and get it good and hot so that chicken will be seared when it is placed on the grill. Sear the first side and when you turn it to sear the second side cut your heat down and cook slow until just done (no pink). (It works in the oven too). The chicken will be tender and juicy.

Barbecued Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients list:
• 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
• 2 tablespoons of WF barbecue sauce.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• 16 oz pork tenderloin, halved and butterflied.
Instructions for Barbecued Grilled Pork Tenderloin:
In a shallow non-reactive dish, combine the Dijon mustard, barbecue sauce and olive oil. Season with the dried rosemary, salt and black pepper.

Turn the butterflied pieces of pork tenderloin in the mixture and marinate for 45-50 minutes.
Preheat your grill or broiler and broil for 7 minutes a side only.
Allow the tenderloin rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before cutting it on the bias into thin slices.

Grilled Shrimp

• 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp (any size)
• olive oil
• paprika
• garlic salt
• Old Bay Seasoning
• 1 lime
Drizzle enough oil over the shrimp to coat. Sprinkle paprika, garlic salt and Old Bay, to taste (I use about 1/2 teaspoon of each for 1 lb of shrimp).
Place on wooden skewers which have been soaked in water for 1 hour.

Put on grill, cooking until shrimp tails turn white. Flip and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more (depending on size).

15-Minute Chicken Breast Marinade

Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions:
Combine the first five ingredients, mixing well; spread on both sides of chicken.
Place chicken on a plate. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes (or for several hours in the refrigerator.)
Grill, uncovered, over medium coals, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.

Thanks! Can't wait to try these :D

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Awesome NSV, don't you just love those! :carrot::D

Yes I do, and I am sooooo excited :D

NewPath
05-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I saw your post and I just wanted to share some info on grilling, I have grilled more in the past month than ever before and I already grilled a lot! I like to put some WF garlic herb sauce onto a 12" square of tinfoil then top with chicken(or any meat really) then add some sea salt, olive oil, pepper, garlic and 2 cups of veggies, plus a little more garlic & herbs sauce. You can use any of the salad dressings instead of garlic & herb to change the taste. You then put it on a hot grill and cook at medium-high heat for 20-30 minutes. Veggies and meat all taken care of! The original recipe had olives, potatoes, and frozen green beans in it so you can easily make this for the kids too. :) I know how hard it can be, being a mom!
YUMMMMY!
This sounds soo good! I am assuming that you wrap up the entire thing so it is like a tin foil pouch?
Thank you for sharing this!

CassiR
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Wuv, I'm so glad your mother is ok. I read this morning and seen your post. Didn't have time to post but said a quick prayer. The lord was listening to us all! :hug:

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
YUMMMMY!
This sounds soo good! I am assuming that you wrap up the entire thing so it is like a tin foil pouch?

Yes, that is exactly what you do. The original name is foil packet chicken. It steams the food and it is SO yummy! :D

star2nite
05-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Ok day three so far so good. I'm a little down today as I can't find a dressing for salad that I like at all. Is there salad dressing forum with recipes? I need something possibly an Italian homemade dressing that will make salad a little more enticing. I was never a salad person so I'm struggling to eat them and find myself just eating two cups of veggies only. Also is lemon juice in the little plastic lemon acceptable? Want to make sure there are no hidden sugars etc?

Thank you all again...I'm trying to find anyway to make this work. Today my body is craving real food and I know it will continue to, but I'm trying to stick to it.

Thanks for any and ALL suggestions.

Sincerely, Starving (haha)

CassiR
05-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok day three so far so good. I'm a little down today as I can't find a dressing for salad that I like at all. Is there salad dressing forum with recipes? I need something possibly an Italian homemade dressing that will make salad a little more enticing. I was never a salad person so I'm struggling to eat them and find myself just eating two cups of veggies only. Also is lemon juice in the little plastic lemon acceptable? Want to make sure there are no hidden sugars etc?

Thank you all again...I'm trying to find anyway to make this work. Today my body is craving real food and I know it will continue to, but I'm trying to stick to it.

You can do this! Get through the first few days and you'll be all set. Wait until your first WI and you'll be super happy.

As for salad dressings, try just lemon. When out I normally have to just squeeze a lemon on my salad and its actually quite good! There are a few recipes in the recipe threads but I don't have the links. Some people just do olive oil and vinegar.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

deelee10
05-19-2012, 06:25 PM
YUMMMMY!
Hi - quick jump in. I have been missing for a while. I forgot all about the foil chicken! I use to just spray the foil with Pam, put the chicken, sprinkle with season salt without the salt. Can't remember what that was called. (Mrs. Dash without salt? Now I know to check the label - I bet it had hidden sugars!) Put some slices of red and green peppers and onion. Don't know if the onion is legal for phase 1. It didn't carmelize unless the foil was inadequate. I double wrapped them. I think I'll try that tomorrow. thanks for the reminder.

NewPath
05-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Star2Nite Stay with it! Good job reaching out for ideas! I love just olive oil and red cider vinegar....with sea salt! There are Walden Farms Dressings..they are okay, when you are feeling the need for something different. I tend to stay away from them, however, because my weakness is salad dressing. I used to make my salads in to soups.....I now crave my oil and vinegar with salt everyday. My cucumbers, diced up really small, help as well. Also, try buying shredded lettuce...I LOVE it!!!! For some reason, the consistency is just perfect for me!
I had trouble at the beginning too, with the whole salad vege thing. Now, I look forward to them!!!!
Good job...keep going...and asking!!!!

Wuvs Mom
05-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank-you for all the prayers and wonderful thoughts. I am doing better this afternoon just have to be careful how I turn my head and eyes. It means so much to me to know there are so many kind people in this world. I don't post much but you are all in my life. I read the boards every day. It was a scary night but thankfully there was a good outcome. Again I would like to thank-you all for taking the time to say a prayer for me and my family. Keep up with your journey because there is a great reward at the end.

shathom
05-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Wuv, I didn't know about your mom until now. I am so glad that she is going to be fine. I am also so glad that so many believe in the power of prayer! These days with all the negative that is in our world, it is so gratifying to know that this forum is truly comprised of a "family" of individuals that truly care about each other.

I am so glad to have found this site, have a wonderful weekend all:hug:

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Thank-you for all the prayers and wonderful thoughts. I am doing better this afternoon just have to be careful how I turn my head and eyes. It means so much to me to know there are so many kind people in this world. I don't post much but you are all in my life. I read the boards every day. It was a scary night but thankfully there was a good outcome. Again I would like to thank-you all for taking the time to say a prayer for me and my family. Keep up with your journey because there is a great reward at the end.

It is great to see you are feeling better. I'm sure you know it but you have a wonderful daughter.

kmc1021
05-19-2012, 06:49 PM
So glad to see your mom is doing well WUV.

I grill all the time. I think maybe 3 times in the past 4.5 weeks I didn't grill. I love to grill veggies and my meats.

NewPath
05-19-2012, 07:07 PM
There you are!!! Star of the Day! You lit up the boards last night and today!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better. I have inner ear issues and take Rx water pills to help with the dizziness.
Rest and get well real soon!
Love and Hugs
Julie:hug:

NewPath
05-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I feel liberated, I got the grill going and cooked steak for my son and.....chicken in foil with asparagus!!! It was so easy, and DELISH.(The chicken was sooooo moist. I have never had asparagus before!) I used WF Italian and a little lemon juice.
Now I will admit.......I have eaten only shrimp and eggs for PM protein, since my first day on IP.
I am excited!!! Thank you all for your ideas.

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 09:53 PM

I am so glad you are going to be OK! Sure alot of love floating around here! :hug:

evepet
05-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Wuv and Wuv's Mom, so glad to hear the news that Wuv's mom is better. I've been out most of the day, and just wanted to check to see if there was any news. So happy to see that things are going ok at this point. Both of you take care. :hug::hug:

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 11:29 PM
So glad Wuv and her mama are doing better! Woot Woot Hooray!

Today was bad, super bad..I woke up so late, I had "breakfast' at 11:45, didn't eat lunch until 4:30 when I went to red lobster with DH, no bread, no crutons, no crusted anything, just crab legs, salmon and asparagus. I actually did start crying though when I saw the bread (you know the cheddar bay biscuits) get set in front of me. Conveniently a significantly larger-than-me person sat down at the table across from us, so I had a good view of them gorging on everything in front of them. I proceeded to sip my lemon water and stare out the window, reminding myself: I will not be that person. But omg it was hard, and I might have had too many carbs because of the salmon, or the butter the asparagus was cooked in, still was a treat though, very stressful day for DH and me, just dealing with finances and trying to fix his bike and go to milwaukee in june, now looking like it might not happen :(

Oh well, might have to go to bed early tonight, just feel sooo drained ,and snacky.

patns
05-19-2012, 11:38 PM
So glad Wuv and her mama are doing better! Woot Woot Hooray!

Today was bad, super bad..I woke up so late, I had "breakfast' at 11:45, didn't eat lunch until 4:30 when I went to red lobster with DH, no bread, no crutons, no crusted anything, just crab legs, salmon and asparagus. I actually did start crying though when I saw the bread (you know the cheddar bay biscuits) get set in front of me. Conveniently a significantly larger-than-me person sat down at the table across from us, so I had a good view of them gorging on everything in front of them. I proceeded to sip my lemon water and stare out the window, reminding myself: I will not be that person. But omg it was hard, and I might have had too many carbs because of the salmon, or the butter the asparagus was cooked in, still was a treat though, very stressful day for DH and me, just dealing with finances and trying to fix his bike and go to milwaukee in june, now looking like it might not happen :(

Oh well, might have to go to bed early tonight, just feel sooo drained ,and snacky.

Your meal at RL sounds fine. you don't get carbs in salmon or butter.

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks Pat, I was really dreading it because WI is in two days. I had to change my blog, had too much crap popping up with my old one, and now I have to go through the whole process of google "finding" this new one, but I guess I'll try to look at it like it'll give me some time to get this all put together before the general public finds me.
Still sucks to start over from scratch, even if I know it'll be worth it.

jcjnjj
05-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Need some strength here...we are making 30 something cupcakes right now along with one of those giant cupcakes for my daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow. It smells heavenly but I need to block it out!

ferrousgal
05-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Def. in TOM right now. Thankfully today is ok, but yesterday I just binged on protein candy bars like crazy. And I paid very dearly for hours with my gut gurgles and the runs before slipping in bed last night. This is my first TOM while on the IP theoretical diet (I'm 100% alternative), I just had no clue how nuts I'd get for sweets! I did end up losing an addition .5 lb this morning, so go figure.

Kaypix
05-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Need some strength here...we are making 30 something cupcakes right now along with one of those giant cupcakes for my daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow. It smells heavenly but I need to block it out!
I had a weak feeling night too, just be tough and remember that tomorrow you will be glad you said no tonight!

Def. in TOM right now. Thankfully today is ok, but yesterday I just binged on protein candy bars like crazy. And I paid very dearly for hours with my gut gurgles and the runs before slipping in bed last night. This is my first TOM while on the IP theoretical diet (I'm 100% alternative), I just had no clue how nuts I'd get for sweets! I did end up losing an addition .5 lb this morning, so go figure.
I feel your pain, I've been spotting all month, but TOM is due on the 21st, oh joy, and the PMS is aweful, breakouts ALL over my face, hot and cold, cramps, oh man it sucks mega-big-time.

ferrousgal
05-20-2012, 12:55 AM

Chew some SF gum if you have any on hand. I'm finding gum to be a huge lifesaver to keeping up my discipline and resolve.

ferrousgal
05-20-2012, 12:59 AM
I feel your pain, I've been spotting all month, but TOM is due on the 21st, oh joy, and the PMS is aweful, breakouts ALL over my face, hot and cold, cramps, oh man it sucks mega-big-time.

It was sooo bad! I even ate several McDonalds french fries when I got the kids some take out dinner (just was not mentally up to cooking for them). We've hit up McDonalds before in the process and I just abstain completely, but yesterday I just was completely out of control. I would not have trusted myself to make brownies or such for the kids without actively cheating. So not like me at all. :?:

Cadu
05-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Good Morning.

It looks like another beautiful day in store. Yesterday I went bathing suit shopping at the mall, although it was not a very pleasant expierience I did buy one. it is a little on the tight side but I figured I will be losing a bit more before summer ends. The kids and I went in the pool for the first time this year, then we spent the night playing board games out on the deck. It was a good day.

Have a Happy Sunday Everybody!!

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 08:14 AM

I found this link to a Regina canada IP center that has a PDF Recipe file. I've printed for my own use. Thought you might be interest too. There's tons of recipes, most are P1 and P2 appropriate but not quite all...there are a few for P4 only.

http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php

Sewmam
05-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning everybody!

Cadu - I've been thinking of starting swimming laps again, but there's no way I'm going to be seen with all the hanging skin I've got. ;) There are suits that surfers wear, with sleeves and shorts, that I may look into...

Wuv and Wuv's mom: I'm so happy that things turned out alright. I know how tricky and lousy inner ear stuff can be, having had balance problems, tinnitus and vertigo for years. I love that your relationship is so close and how you support each other. My dear Mom is gone now, but I think of her often and I know she'd be happy with the weight I've lost.

First haircuts, upcoming weddings, newbees...what an exciting time!

I managed to get through the whole 5 gallon bucket of paint for the basement, so I went late afternoon yesterday and got some more. You know you're a homeowner when you are laying on your belly on a filthy cement basement floor in order to paint the wall behind some shelving.... I pushed myself very hard and am going to do the same today. My house was built as a one-room school house in 1919, converted to a residence in the late 1940's, and is a really solid, well made brick home. I love the idea that kids once learned here, and a lady drove by the other day and said that her mom had gone to school here! :)

Well, I woke up at 5 and it's already 6:15 so I better get dressed and get moving... hope you all have wonderful, uplifting, funny Sunday's!

sanaroph
05-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Happy Sunday everyone :wave:
Today is a gorgeous day weatherwise!

Wuv & Wuv's mom:- :hug: I am glad to read you are okay

Cadu- sound like you had a great day yesterday! Pool season has started!

Yesterday I went to a fencing tournament with my son. I had my IP food & a salad with me but ended up having only the mango RTD drink as it was too busy to sit & eat. I added tuna to the salad and that was dinner! He competed beautifully yesterday even though in one of the elimination rounds he had both his coach & I shaking! He came through and won by 1 touch :carrot: He got 3rd place and renewed his rating! Today he has a tougher competition (stronger fencers) but at least it is good practice and preparation for summer nationals!

Today I am home with my daughter as she had a sleepover last night. The last time I took my son and left my daughter with a friend my husband forgot to feed them LOL. They should be up in a few hours and will have pancakes :D

Other than that.. housework and reading on my list for today.

Have a great day everyone :wave:

Beanie Mommy
05-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Morning IP chicks!

Didn't get a chance to login yesterday, and just read yesterday's posts. So much going on - was sweating reading through the posts...

Wuv and Wuv's Mom - so happy that everything ended up being mostly okay. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Some happy news for me: I am no longer obese, but with a BMI of just under 30 I am now officially overweight instead. Who would have thought that being "overweight" is so great? I am also completely ditching all clothes sizes 16 and XL, my closet is practically empty. Will take stuff to goodwill, and probably, while I'm there, pick up some new to me things in smaller sizes. Aiming for 8-10 in the final stages here, so it'll be goodwill until then.

Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone!

CassiR
05-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Morning all! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I had WI 15 yesterday and my last week of p3 ended up with me gaining 1lb. Now, I did gain lean mass, which I have never done.. it always went down each week. I think the workouts are helping gain muscle. And I ate my p3 breakfast before going to WI, which I normally never have anything. She said that's good though.. and normal to gain a bit in p3 or 4.

Anyways, I had my "free" day right away because I want to get all my cravings out of my system before vacation this week. It worked. DH and I had an adventure going to our favorite restaurant and then the grocery store where we picked out our favorite candies and sweets. At the end of the day, I was looking forward to p1!! My stomach hurt.
Today I'm in p1 and I feel great about it. I was up 1-2lbs. I'm so glad I have p1 to fall back on. It feels great to get back to basics! Before, I was not looking forward to going back to p1 but now I'm so glad to have it. It feels like a sort of detox in a way. I may end up doing it again tomorrow. I'll decide that when I look at the scale tomorrow. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a food hangover. I've never felt so happy to be p1.

I just wanted to share with those of you who are struggling in p1 that YOU WILL GET TO EAT THOSE FOODS! On your free day in p4 you can enjoy them until you feel sick to your stomach. Stay strong ladies and gents!

WingnutandMe
05-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Good morning IPers.

WI - lost 2.6 more pounds.:cp: Plus my fat% is finally going down and muscle up.

Today will be work for me, both work work and personal work. I have some analysis work for my job that needs a report for a 10AM meeting tomorrow. For me, I sell "stuff" in antique shops and I've somewhat neglected my booth in one shop and the owner sent me a rather to the point email. Move your stuff around or get out. So I'll be moving things around and adding a box of new items. DH worked last night so he'll be asleep most of the day, so I guess that works.

Hope everyone has a great OP Sunday.

Molly

amyjaelou
05-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Chew some SF gum if you have any on hand. I'm finding gum to be a huge lifesaver to keeping up my discipline and resolve.

I agree about the SF gum. I know you can overdo it because of the carbs. I chew Orbit because I think it has the least carbs. But when you are hit with a cravings for sweets it really helps. I give myself the speech about the fact that it has the same sweet taste as whatever else I am craving. The other thing I have done if I am hit with a craving for sweet is to go ahead and have my IP snack at that point. That way you will get the sweet taste you are looking for and also get filled up too.

Julie68
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am really enjoying the thread, I'm so glad I found this site.

I posted the pork/chard recipe I made last night to the recipe thread.

I'm excited for my first weigh in. The salt lick is helping me with feeling light head.

A few mild milestones in my first few days. Pretty big deal for me.

- started the diet while traveling for two days for work. Found a chinese carry out and custom ordered steamed protien w/ allowed veg, pounded water and survived on shakes. Not so yummy but I got by & stayed on plan. Part of my training course the instructor talked about the power of positive affirmations (in the business context). I've never tried this but thought why not...I'm sitting here for 8 hours anyway. I've been repeating the affirmation "I'm comfortable when I'm hungry." We will see if it has any effect.

-had dinner w/ our best friend couple. They are amazing cooks. Typical evening, long multi course dinners & lots of wine. I stuck to the water and brought my dinner. Everyone was supportive. It was tough but I did it.

Hurdle for tomorrow- meeting a bunch of ladies downtown for an adult beverage to celebrate a major birthday. I'm fine drinking water but I hate having to explain to everyone why I'm not drinking. I really don't want to announce to the world that I'm on a diet. I guess I should just get over it.

evepet
05-20-2012, 11:03 AM

That sounds like me the day I 'lost it' and over-dosed on my protein bars. LOL. I'm also on alternatives, and some of mine are fairly high fibre ... I definitely got 'flushed out'. I've tried some that were fairly high in sugar alcohols, and they didn't agree with me at all - especially malitol. Eek! 'Gut gurgles and the runs' describes that well.

sprite613
05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone!

Glad to hear that Wuv's mom is doing better. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery! Should be super quick with all the prayers coming your way.

At work again as usual on the weekends, but it makes it easy to stick to the plan. I had my second WI on friday and lost another 5.5 lbs! So that's 10.5 in my first 2 weeks.So far I think I'm doing pretty well with no cravings. It's also easier with all of the yummy recipies to try. I made kale chips yesterday and they were awesome. I also tried the zucchini "baked apples" and they were very good. My hubby even liked them!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Shrinking Sandra
05-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I did IP from March 20 2011 to July 23 2011. I lost a lot of weight and had the motivation because I got married the day I quit IP. I needed to lose the weight for my wedding and went from a size 18-20 to a 10-12. I was never happier. Unfortunatly I got back into old habbits, and ended up gaining most of my weight back. I am ashamed and angry with myself for doing so. On thursday I ordered from Nashua nutrition. This time I wont be able to afford IP. I should get the products by Tuesday. I am very excited and nervous about the first few days. Last time I was doing IP I was a stay at home mom, so it was very easy to not cheat. I would be out all day with my daughter to the park, or somewhere else fun. This time around I am working at.....Mcdonalds. I needed a job close to home and didn't want to go back to hairdressing so thought an easy cash job would be perfect...boy was I wrong! That is how i gained the weight back. I know it was my fault for eating it, but i am and always be addicted to food. My reason for posting this, is because now it is all out, no more excuses, no more giving up....when my package arrives ....im going to start losing the weight again, this time for GOOD.

usmcvet
05-20-2012, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Shrinking Sandra;4340040]I did IP from March 20 2011 to July 23 2011. I lost a lot of weight and had the motivation because I got married the day I quit IP. I needed to lose the weight for my wedding and went from a size 18-20 to a 10-12. I was never happier. Unfortunatly I got back into old habbits, and ended up gaining most of my weight back. I am ashamed and angry with myself for doing so. On thursday I ordered from Nashua nutrition. This time I wont be able to afford IP. I should get the products by Tuesday. I am very excited and nervous about the first few days. Last time I was doing IP I was a stay at home mom, so it was very easy to not cheat. I would be out all day with my daughter to the park, or somewhere else fun. This time around I am working at.....Mcdonalds. I needed a job close to home and didn't want to go back to hairdressing so thought an easy cash job would be perfect...boy was I wrong! That is how i gained the weight back. I know it was my fault for eating it, but i am and always be addicted to food. My reason for posting this, is because now it is all out, no more excuses, no more giving up....when my package arrives ....im going to start losing the weight again, this time for GOOD.[/QUOTE

Welcome back Sandra. Ive lost lots of weight many times over the years. Boot camp and the police academy were the biggeat followed by getting ready for the wedding.

enr20707
05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
wuv, sending prayers for your family.

Kaypix
05-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I found this link to a Regina canada IP center that has a PDF Recipe file. I've printed for my own use. Thought you might be interest too. There's tons of recipes, most are P1 and P2 appropriate but not quite all...there are a few for P4 only.

http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php
Hey, could you try to save the PDF and then send it to me? I click on the link but it never downloads :( I'll go through the site for my recipe book anyways, but thought that PDf would be handy.

*nevermind, i went into the coding on the website and found the direct link (http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/resources/recipe%20book%20new.pdf) for the recipes***edit

Good morning IPers.

WI - lost 2.6 more pounds.:cp: Plus my fat% is finally going down and muscle up.
Today will be work for me, both work work and personal work. I have some analysis work for my job that needs a report for a 10AM meeting tomorrow. For me, I sell "stuff" in antique shops and I've somewhat neglected my booth in one shop and the owner sent me a rather to the point email. Move your stuff around or get out. So I'll be moving things around and adding a box of new items. DH worked last night so he'll be asleep most of the day, so I guess that works.
Molly
Molly~ I hope you have a super productive day :D

~My excitement is waning this morning, I got about 5 pages done in the big book of IP recipes last night, only to wake up this morning and realize I might need to break them down into phase specific, which I can't really do on my own as I am a not-IP'er...with that being said, once it has all the content I'll put up a google doc and share the page with everyone so they can look at it and tell me what is all phase I vs. III or IV.

My blog is coming along slowly, really want to make it less busy than the first one was, trying to learn from my mistakes and make this one better, faster, stronger ;)

And the hyper is back *sigh* well, it was a nice reprieve while it lasted. I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend and if you see the whoosh fairy, please send her my way, only .8 LBS until I hit my next "5 pound" marker and another charm for my bracelet (not to mention I'll be under 180 for the first time in 2 years).

kellycg102
05-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear your Mom is doing ok WUV;)

Well this is a huge weekend for me. We are camping for the first time this year..........on OP and staying strong. I am also working all weekend:( so I am driving back and forth, and my husband is staying with the kids. The kids are having chips, smores, hotdogs, licorice and me staying OP is just crazy. I still find it hard to believe I am in my 11th week and not strayed once. I actually am a bit fearful of phasing out and eating "regularly"

I was talking to a coworker this morning and I have said before that I am doing this kind of in secret from most, because I feel like people are saying......oh here she goes with another diet...so not many people know.......no one at work for sure. Anyway she asked what I was eating and i just said protein, veggies, and meat, no fruit no milk no breads...blah, blah, blah. She kinda got a disgusted look and said well how long are you going to this....forever? I said no I will phase out at some point and slowly starting eating more carbs. Her response was well that won't work for me.....LOL Drives me crazy how negative people can be and to my face. I am not wanting to defend what I am doing all the time, so mostly I just change the subject or keep it simple and quick, and she just reminded me this morning why I am keeping my mouth shut!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to the 140's, hopefully this week. I was down 30 lbs in 9weeks, pretty happy with that. Hope to get back and keep updated with everyone on here.

Have a great weekend everyone, staying OP!

wuv2bloved
05-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks again everyone for the well wishes and prayers for my mom. I spoke to her this morning and she is much better today. No more big head feeling. I went to a crawfish boil yesterday with 2 friends, both over weight. It was pay $8 all you can eat. I got me ONE platter which was about 3-4lbs with okra, onion and mushrooms with a bottle of water. I sat and ate my crawfish slowly and enjoyed it very much. They BOTH went back 5-6 times and have many many beers with corn and potatoes. I was satisfied with what I had. There were a few people I knew but they didn't realize it was me until I walked up to them and said Hey. They kept eating and I just sat and drank my water. TOTAL control for me, they asked if I had enough and I said yup, sure do....both said I don't see how you can do it. I told them Its mind over matter to me. I know its there, I don't need it so I don't want it. I LOVE THE WAY I LOOK AND FEEL that is ENOUGH for me! This morning unofficially down 2lbs...haha...I think I'm in control :)

kellycg102
05-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I did IP from March 20 2011 to July 23 2011. I lost a lot of weight and had the motivation because I got married the day I quit IP. I needed to lose the weight for my wedding and went from a size 18-20 to a 10-12. I was never happier. Unfortunatly I got back into old habbits, and ended up gaining most of my weight back. I am ashamed and angry with myself for doing so. On thursday I ordered from Nashua nutrition. This time I wont be able to afford IP. I should get the products by Tuesday. I am very excited and nervous about the first few days. Last time I was doing IP I was a stay at home mom, so it was very easy to not cheat. I would be out all day with my daughter to the park, or somewhere else fun. This time around I am working at.....Mcdonalds. I needed a job close to home and didn't want to go back to hairdressing so thought an easy cash job would be perfect...boy was I wrong! That is how i gained the weight back. I know it was my fault for eating it, but i am and always be addicted to food. My reason for posting this, is because now it is all out, no more excuses, no more giving up....when my package arrives ....im going to start losing the weight again, this time for GOOD.

Welcome back. You will get back at it and do great...you are not the only one this has happened to. Good luck on your journey.

Good morning IPers.

Molly

congrats on the Weight loss Molly....glad to hear your muscle is increasing, I know you have been struggling with that for some time.

Good Morning IP chicks!

Didn't get a chance to login yesterday, and just read yesterday's posts. So much going on - was sweating reading through the posts...

Wuv and Wuv's Mom - so happy that everything ended up being mostly okay. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Some happy news for me: I am no longer obese, but with a BMI of just under 30 I am now officially overweight instead. Who would have thought that being "overweight" is so great? I am also completely ditching all clothes sizes 16 and XL, my closet is practically empty. Will take stuff to goodwill, and probably, while I'm there, pick up some new to me things in smaller sizes. Aiming for 8-10 in the final stages here, so it'll be goodwill until then.

Congrats on your news.....awesome feeling isn't it? I just donated all my bigger clothes to friends and goodwill. I have never done that before...."just in case" Scary feeling but felt good at the same time. Good luck

Good Morning.

It looks like another beautiful day in store. Yesterday I went bathing suit shopping at the mall, although it was not a very pleasant expierience I did buy one. it is a little on the tight side but I figured I will be losing a bit more before summer ends. The kids and I went in the pool for the first time this year, then we spent the night playing board games out on the deck. It was a good day.

Have a Happy Sunday Everybody!!

I love shopping but definately not bathing suit shopping and jeans shopping. Glad you found something.

paulimapi
05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Gahh my dad is making apple pie and it smells like heaven :(
I just walked into the kitchen and ask him what he's making and he's like "something you can't eat", lol.

Darralyn
05-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks again everyone for the well wishes and prayers for my mom. I spoke to her this morning and she is much better today. No more big head feeling. I went to a crawfish boil yesterday with 2 friends, both over weight. It was pay $8 all you can eat. I got me ONE platter which was about 3-4lbs with okra, onion and mushrooms with a bottle of water. I sat and ate my crawfish slowly and enjoyed it very much. They BOTH went back 5-6 times and have many many beers with corn and potatoes. I was satisfied with what I had. There were a few people I knew but they didn't realize it was me until I walked up to them and said Hey. They kept eating and I just sat and drank my water. TOTAL control for me, they asked if I had enough and I said yup, sure do....both said I don't see how you can do it. I told them Its mind over matter to me. I know its there, I don't need it so I don't want it. I LOVE THE WAY I LOOK AND FEEL that is ENOUGH for me! This morning unofficially down 2lbs...haha...I think I'm in control :)

Lisa you really are such an inspiration for me. I don't know how you've done this for so long and admire you so much!! I rely on your wisdom to stay strong and occaisonally I have had an extra packet and beat myself up over it. You are so strong and I am trying to be that way too! I truly want to be healthy and live my life again!
Thank you for your presence and the strength you share with all of us! :hug:

PEIslandGirl
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
HELP!! my rhubarb is ready, and I know you can cook with WF jams for flavoring but not sure exactly how to cook it, do I add water? Do I cook it on the stove in a pot? how long do I cook it for? Anyone have a little more direction for me?

LizRR
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
It's been a crazy busy weekend so far, I organized our neighborhood garage sale yesterday and it was a success! I was able to close up my sale after less than 2 hours - I posted online about my 45lb loss closet cleanout and a woman read about it and cleaned me out! I still have ~18 shirts left I will post up on the clothing swap thread, but I got rid of a lot! Also survived my sons first trip to Chuck E Cheese. We are going to a downtown festival later this afternoon, bringing my IP snacks and water bottle!

CassiR
05-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I wanted to recommend a product for those of you who are craving noodles. It's called a spirooli (http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1337538967&sr=1-1). It's on amazon for about $35. I made noodles out of zucchini today and a home-made sugar-free, fat-free pasta sauce (http://adustyframe.com/2011/03/10/sugar-free-fat-free-spaghetti-sauce/). yum! For those of you in p1, you can have tomatoes twice a week. They are an occasional veggie.

The spirooli worked wonderfully and was so simple to just pull out of the box and get right to it. I blanched the "noodles" in boiling water to make them a bit softer. They have no taste and the texture was the same as pasta noodles. Just one serving of these suckers is very filling.

It's definitely worth the $35 on this kitchen gadget!

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I just walked into the kitchen and ask him what he's making and he's like "something you can't eat", lol.

Brutal eh! You could try making the Zucchini "baked apples" recipe......pretty good!!;)

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I wanted to recommend a product for those of you who are craving noodles. It's called a spirooli (http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1337538967&sr=1-1). It's on amazon for about $35. I made noodles out of zucchini today and a home-made sugar-free, fat-free pasta sauce (http://adustyframe.com/2011/03/10/sugar-free-fat-free-spaghetti-sauce/). yum! For those of you in p1, you can have tomatoes twice a week. They are an occasional veggie.

The spirooli worked wonderfully and was so simple to just pull out of the box and get right to it. I blanched the "noodles" in boiling water to make them a bit softer. They have no taste and the texture was the same as pasta noodles. Just one serving of these suckers is very filling.

I love this...BUT amazon U.S. cant ship it to Canada. So Amazon canada has this product but it' s $64.95......man o man!!!!!!!!:(

Porthardygurl
05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Good Afternoon All...

Well Day 3 here for me...Thank God im day 3 cause day 2 was bad. I dont know if it was the cabbage i ate on day 1 or what but last night i found myself running to the bathroom...it was madness i tell you. I felt so weak all afternoon and evening. I ended up drinking a cup of low sodium chicken broth to try and replace some of the salt loss in my body. I guzzled down my water but i swear it was coming out of my body as fast as it was going in. I took an early night last night because i felt so horrible. It was unfortunate that i felt so nauseous.. i managed to get 3 packets in but the 8oz of protein for dinner was a no-fly as i felt so horrible. I did manage to make myself eat two cups of sliced cucumber though.. I figure its mostly water so it cant be too hard on the stomach, and then i went and took my weak body to bed for the night.

Day 3 is looking up, ive lost 3 pounds since day 1..so at least my scale is not going up..its finally going down. Im guessing that the first day i went up, was probably water retention from soy sauce. Day 3 is going good..Usually day 3 is the worst..i call it the hump day..but its not..Had a packet this morning and then couple hours later had a cup of cucumber and a cup of low sodium chicken broth again and lots of water...

Tonight im thinkin chicken..

Whats this i hear about zucchini apples???

WingnutandMe
05-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Here are three "apple" recipes.

faux apple dessert
large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

Apple Crumble
Another idea is to add it on top of zucchini (I use 1 cup of my allotted veg from dinner or lunch), like an apple crumble...peel and slice zucchini into small-ish pieces (I cut 1/8" slices into quarters), season with spices (I use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and a tiny bit of stevia). Cook for a minute or so in microwave. Meanwhile mix the oatmeal with some water and olive oil (1/2tsp) until you get a 'crumble' consistency; then add on top of zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes. I would recommend having it with the vanilla RTE pudding that's been frozen for ~45min (and some WF caramel dip drizzled on top, if you're feeling indulgent).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

WingnutandMe
05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
HELP!! my rhubarb is ready, and I know you can cook with WF jams for flavoring but not sure exactly how to cook it, do I add water? Do I cook it on the stove in a pot? how long do I cook it for? Anyone have a little more direction for me?

Here are some rhubarb recipes. Hope this gives you the guidance you need.
Molly

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello
Ingredients description
100 ml of water
500 ml of rhubarb
3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown

Stefany1769
05-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Good morning

First haircuts, upcoming weddings, newbees...what an exciting time!

I managed to get through the whole 5 gallon bucket of paint for the basement, so I went late afternoon yesterday and got some more. You know you're a homeowner when you are laying on your belly on a filthy cement basement floor in order to paint the wall behind some shelving.... I pushed myself very hard and am going to do the same today. My house was built as a one-room school house in 1919, converted to a residence in the late 1940's, and is a really solid, well made brick home. I love the idea that kids once learned here, and a lady drove by the other day and said that her mom had gone to school

Sewmam, I wish I could help you, you push yourself so hard! It sounds like a lovely home, we don't have a lot of brick homes around here.

Good Morning IP chicks!

That is awesome! Congratulations on your achievements, your hardwork is showing. :)

Morning all! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I had WI 15 yesterday and my last week of p3 ended up with me gaining 1lb. Now, I did gain lean mass, which I have never done.. it always went down each week. I think the workouts are helping gain muscle. And I ate my p3 breakfast before going to WI, which I normally never have anything. She said that's good though.. and normal to gain a bit in p3 or 4.
Anyways, I had my "free" day right away because I want to get all my cravings out of my system before vacation this week. It worked. DH and I had an adventure going to our favorite restaurant and then the grocery store where we picked out our favorite candies and sweets. At the end of the day, I was looking forward to p1!! My stomach hurt.
Today I'm in p1 and I feel great about it. I was up 1-2lbs. I'm so glad I have p1 to fall back on. It feels great to get back to basics! Before, I was not looking forward to going back to p1 but now I'm so glad to have it. It feels like a sort of detox in a way. I may end up doing it again tomorrow. I'll decide that when I look at the scale tomorrow. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a food hangover. I've never felt so happy to be p1.
I just wanted to share with those of you who are struggling in p1 that YOU WILL GET TO EAT THOSE FOODS! On your free day in p4 you can enjoy them until you feel sick to your stomach. Stay strong ladies and gents!

Thank you for sharing this stage with us, it helps to be reminded there is light at the end of the tunnel! I'm glad you are felling better now! :hug:

~My excitement is waning this morning, I got about 5 pages done in the big book of IP recipes last night, only to wake up this morning and realize I might need to break them down into phase specific, which I can't really do on my own as I am a not-IP'er...with that being said, once it has all the content I'll put up a google doc and share the page with everyone so they can look at it and tell me what is all phase I vs. III or IV.
My blog is coming along slowly, really want to make it less busy than the first one was, trying to learn from my mistakes and make this one better, faster, stronger ;)
And the hyper is back *sigh* well, it was a nice reprieve while it lasted. I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend and if you see the whoosh fairy, please send her my way, only .8 LBS until I hit my next "5 pound" marker and another charm for my bracelet (not to mention I'll be under 180 for the first time in 2 years).

Thank you so much for setting this up, I can see how helpful it will be for all of us! It looks really nice already.;)

Well this is a huge weekend for me. We are camping for the first time this year..........on OP and staying strong. I am also working all weekend:( so I am driving back and forth, and my husband is staying with the kids. The kids are having chips, smores, hotdogs, licorice and me staying OP is just crazy. I still find it hard to believe I am in my 11th week and not strayed once. I actually am a bit fearful of phasing out and eating "regularly"
I was talking to a coworker this morning and I have said before that I am doing this kind of in secret from most, because I feel like people are saying......oh here she goes with another diet...so not many people know.......no one at work for sure. Anyway she asked what I was eating and i just said protein, veggies, and meat, no fruit no milk no breads...blah, blah, blah. She kinda got a disgusted look and said well how long are you going to this....forever? I said no I will phase out at some point and slowly starting eating more carbs. Her response was well that won't work for me.....LOL Drives me crazy how negative people can be and to my face. I am not wanting to defend what I am doing all the time, so mostly I just change the subject or keep it simple and quick, and she just reminded me this morning why I am keeping my mouth shut!
Anyway, looking forward to getting to the 140's, hopefully this week. I was down 30 lbs in 9weeks, pretty happy with that. Hope to get back and keep updated with everyone on here.
Have a great weekend everyone, staying OP!

Don't let negative people do that to you. I have a few people at work that are negative too. Sometimes it can be hard to not let it rub off on us. You are doing greatm you have awesome accomplishments.

Awesome! Your willpower is awesome :D

Good Afternoon All...
Well Day 3 here for me...Thank God im day 3 cause day 2 was bad. I dont know if it was the cabbage i ate on day 1 or what but last night i found myself running to the bathroom...it was madness i tell you. I felt so weak all afternoon and evening. I ended up drinking a cup of low sodium chicken broth to try and replace some of the salt loss in my body. I guzzled down my water but i swear it was coming out of my body as fast as it was going in. I took an early night last night because i felt so horrible. It was unfortunate that i felt so nauseous.. i managed to get 3 packets in but the 8oz of protein for dinner was a no-fly as i felt so horrible. I did manage to make myself eat two cups of sliced cucumber though.. I figure its mostly water so it cant be too hard on the stomach, and then i went and took my weak body to bed

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now. If you look in the recipes thread the baked "apples" recipe will be there. They use zucchini in place of the apples, I haven't tried it, but i hear it is yummy.

Stefany1769
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm happy to report that I lost 2.2 pounds and 1" off of my lower waist!:D

Wedding plans are moving along well, we have already found our church and reception site. On to dress shopping next weekend! :D

I hope you all are having lovely Sunday! It's 68 and sunny here, yeah!:carrot:

paulimapi
05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
I just placed the peanut butter IP bar on a plate, microwaved it, and ate with a fork and a knife :) It was yummy, it felt like peanut butter pie!

usmcvet
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
I just placed the peanut butter IP bar on a plate, microwaved it, and ate with a fork and a knife :) It was yummy, it felt like peanut butter pie!

That sounds yummy.

ferrousgal
05-20-2012, 07:44 PM

Good news indeed! I'll be happy to go from obese to overweight BMI status too.

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Here are some rhubarb recipes. Hope this gives you the guidance you need.
Molly

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello
Ingredients description
100 ml of water
500 ml of rhubarb
3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown

Is Rhubarb allowed on phase 1?:carrot:

ferrousgal
05-20-2012, 07:51 PM

LOL. At least he understands and isn't trying to make you eat it.

Stefany1769
05-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Is Rhubarb allowed on phase 1?:carrot:

Yes, it is phase 1 friendly. :D

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes, it is phase 1 friendly. :D

Wow...thank you for the info...unfortunately my coach isnt too forth coming with everything that we can have ie..rhubarb, low sodium broth etc... :carrot::hug::carrot:

WingnutandMe
05-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow...thank you for the info...unfortunately my coach isnt too forth coming with everything that we can have ie..rhubarb, low sodium broth etc... :carrot::hug::carrot:

The Phase 1 sheet I received when I started (mid-January) had rhubarb on it. Remember, it is a vegetable, so it counts in your four cups. Another great way to get in veggies when you don't really want to eat veggies.

Molly

Stefany1769
05-20-2012, 08:50 PM

I agree with Molly that phase 1 sheet should have it on there. I may be able to email you my sheets (have to check where I put them) if you need them. :hug:
We are here to help :)

paulimapi
05-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I got creative today with my veggies.
I made radish chips for lunch and zuchinni "apple" pie for dinner :)

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
I got creative today with my veggies.
I made radish chips for lunch and zuchinni "apple" pie for dinner :)

Did you like the mock apple pie?

wendywendy
05-20-2012, 10:46 PM
The Phase 1 sheet I received when I started (mid-January) had rhubarb on it. Remember, it is a vegetable, so it counts in your four cups. Another great way to get in veggies when you don't really want to eat veggies.

Molly

I agree with Molly that phase 1 sheet should have it on there. I may be able to email you my sheets (have to check where I put them) if you need them. :hug:
We are here to help :)

Molly and Stephanie thank you both....after looking at my phase sheet 3 more times my eyes actually saw Rhubarb on there.....:?: cant believe i missed that...but I'm happy...first sign of fruit in weeks!!!!!!:carrot:.....thanks again, love this forum!!!!!:grouphug:

salmongirl
05-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Good evening everyone! Just got home from a busy weekend. Sounds like a lot is going on in IP land! Wuv, sending positive energy in your Mom's direction! Also, way to go on willpower! You rock!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hockeymom40
05-21-2012, 12:17 AM

I have one of these and make zucchini spaghetti all the time. Love it! I highly recommend it. I don't blanch, just micro after the sauce is on it to heat a little more. I do peel the zucchini but you don't have to.

Hockeymom40
05-21-2012, 12:51 AM

Interesting, I will have to try that. Thanks

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Lisa you really are such an inspiration for me. I don't know how you've done this for so long and admire you so much!! I rely on your wisdom to stay strong and occaisonally I have had an extra packet and beat myself up over it. You are so strong and I am trying to be that way too! I truly want to be healthy and live my life again!
Thank you for your presence and the strength you share with all of us! :hug:
You are welcome, I can be that little angel on your shoulder saying Stay strong you are worth it. A while back there was a fellow poster whom every time she went to cheat she would say "what would wuv do"....she said she was going to make herself a wwwd bracelet.....lol

JackBs Mom
05-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Hi All!
Just wrapping up day 3 here - they say the worst is over, but it really wasn't that bad. Has me wondering if I did everything correctly! I guess the scales will tell. The only slip ups that I think I may have made are using 1% milk in my coffee, the times that I have been eating, not finishing two of my gross packets & not eating enough protein the first two days. I got my water in, my veggies, my oil, my salt (HATE IT, but got it) and all my packets.
My only issues so far are that the salt is awful now mater what you do with it & I'm not loving most of the packets from my starter kit - been eating all the good ones first, the end of the week might be really tricky!

Stefany1769
05-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Hi All!
Just wrapping up day 3 here - they say the worst is over, but it really wasn't that bad. Has me wondering if I did everything correctly! I guess the scales will tell. The only slip ups that I think I may have made are using 1% milk in my coffee, the times that I have been eating, not finishing two of my gross packets & not eating enough protein the first two days. I got my water in, my veggies, my oil, my salt (HATE IT, but got it) and all my packets.
My only issues so far are that the salt is awful now mater what you do with it & I'm not loving most of the packets from my starter kit - been eating all the good ones first, the end of the week might be really tricky!

I ran into that as well, lol I had two packets that had coffee or dark chocolate and I can't stand either of those. I made a midweek trip to IP and got two boxes of packets that i really liked. My store also allows us to trade packets out, maybe yours has that option too. Don't force yourself to eat things you don't think you will like. I try a different one sometimes and stick to what I like the rest of the time, it helps me to stay motivated. I have also found things that I know I wouldn't have liked before (mushrooms) and find myself wanting them now. Crazy!
You can also look in the forum stickies for recipes, they are a really good source of info. If you havea recipe you like, see if you can adapt it to IP. :)

You can do this, stay positive. :hug: