Ideal Protein Diet - Walden Farms Products

View Full Version : Walden Farms Products

sneuse
05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I was looking for threads where people talked about their favorite WF products and was having trouble finding any.

So far I've only tried the bleu cheese and thousand island dressings.... not a huge fan as they seemed a little sweet but they weren't awful either.

I've also had the peanut butter which I wasn't a big fan of either. It was kinda salty, where texture, and just all around eh.

I'm interested to know what others think! I was looking at their site and thought maybe the jams and/or veggie dips might be good?

What are ya'lls thoughts?

staceyjblack
05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I ordered a WHOLE bunch of stuff from the website recently. Its the same cost and you can find coupon codes if you google. They shipped out very quickly.

Sesame Ginger Dressing- I LOVE IT
Italian Dressing- I bought this in the packets to keep in my purse and I love.
Bacon Ranch- I really like this one- I add a little to my potato puree and it tastes fab
Ranch- I don't like this flavor. It's just gross to me, but some love it.
Ranch Dip- Just a thicker version of the aforementioned.
Caramel Syrup- I like this. You dont need much and I use it on the crepe, in the choc drink, in my vanilla shake w coffee. It's a good one to have on hand
Ketchup- Mehhh. It tastes even more artificial than regular ketchup.

sneuse
05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Ohhhh I had the ketchup too (completely forgot!) and it wasn't good at all.... something just tasted ick!

I'm really thinking I need to invest in the caramel dip or syrup! Everyone seems to love it.

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
I just bumped up a thread for you

sneuse
05-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I just saw that - THANK YOU! I don't know why the search didn't bring that up... I tried three different ways and kept getting "no results".

0ojoyo0
05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
To those of you talking about the ketchup, I use Heinz reduced sugar and it tastes just like the real stuff. It's not 0/0/0 like WF, but I think it only has 1 carb per serving, and my coach okayed it (in moderation of course).

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 01:25 PM
To those of you talking about the ketchup, I use Heinz reduced sugar and it tastes just like the real stuff. It's not 0/0/0 like WF, but I think it only has 1 carb per serving, and my coach okayed it (in moderation of course).

Agreed that is what I use too. My sons also use it not knowing any difference.

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I just saw that - THANK YOU! I don't know why the search didn't bring that up... I tried three different ways and kept getting "no results".

I have to play around with the wording most of the time to find what I want. Would you mind closing this thread so we don't have 2 of the same kinda thread? scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says close there then ok....Thank you :)

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 01:56 PM
OK it's official, I am starting it: The Ideal Protein Bible of Recipes. Going to use the archives here, cross check it with the PDF versions coaches have given out, and save it as one big ol' PDF. Hope to have it done before my trip in June.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/BiblePart1.png

staceyjblack
05-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Thanks! I will keep an eye out for it.

Do you count it like tomato? towards R-veggies?

0ojoyo0
05-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks! I will keep an eye out for it.

Do you count it like tomato? towards R-veggies?

No, I use it in addition like I would with soy sauce, as it is only 5 calories per serving. But now that you mention it, I hope I'm doing the right thing.

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM
No, I use it in addition like I would with soy sauce, as it is only 5 calories per serving. But now that you mention it, I hope I'm doing the right thing.

You are :)

0ojoyo0
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
You are :)

Whew, thanks! :)

sneuse
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I have to play around with the wording most of the time to find what I want. Would you mind closing this thread so we don't have 2 of the same kinda thread? scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says close there then ok....Thank you :)

I don't see where to close at the bottom, or the top even. I've scrolled all over and don't see anything with the option!

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
All the way at the bottom.....there is a box that should say close thread

sneuse
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
All the way at the bottom.....there is a box that should say close thread

Sorry, there isn't one on my page. I even did a word search for the page and it couldn't find the word "close" anywhere other than in our posts to each other! I checked under all the different tabs and settings but it doesn't show up anywhere. I'll keep searching...

wendywendy
05-18-2012, 03:52 PM
OK it's official, I am starting it: The Ideal Protein Bible of Recipes. Going to use the archives here, cross check it with the PDF versions coaches have given out, and save it as one big ol' PDF. Hope to have it done before my trip in June.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/BiblePart1.png

That would be awesome...i'll be keeping an eye out for it!!!!

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm too excited: Healthfood store by my work has WF products, and do I mean WF PRODUCTS! We're talking like 6 shelves full of them...pics!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/bb1b6c85.jpg Gonna try chocolate peanut butter

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/877213f1.jpgChoices of Mayo? OK :)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/b1b8034d.jpgDips and marmalades galore!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/2ab0ed35.jpg
OK I'm done, but there are like 4 more pics I could post of the other shelves, it is soooo great! Now I just need money so I can buy them...

JackBs Mom
05-18-2012, 11:48 PM
So, can we eat these products in addition to our plan … are they "free" so to speak?
I am sure the answer is imbedded here somewhere but though I would ask

swerdna59
05-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I just had WF thousand island dressing on big mac in a bowl, but on a plate...yum! I also bought the alfredo sauce and will try when my miracle noodles arrive this week...can't wait! I also like the WF raspberry vinagrette salad dressing and once that is gone I may try the bacon ranch after reading that most like it.

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM
So, can we eat these products in addition to our plan are they "free" so to speak?
I am sure the answer is imbedded here somewhere but though I would ask

Yes the Walden Farms are truly free, by the serving at least. A lot of folks use them on salads etc, bring individual packets when they go out to dinner etc.

I only have the sesame ginger and chipotle ranch, i like them both. I am going to buy the chocolate peanut butter though and try it with celery...hope that works out, won't do it for a while but definitely will try it out, not sure what i'd try cinnamon raisin peanut butter on, that just sounds weird imo lol

ferrousgal
05-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Honey Dijon dressing is all right.
Ranch dressing is all right.
The marshmallow topping is disgusting. It just tastes like weird bitter chemicals. Marshmallows are sweet, so if you were looking for something sweet to throw on pudding, you may just completely ruin the pudding. LOL.

sprite613
05-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Jus want to add a few more before the thread closes.

Raspberry vinegarette dressing - great!
Pancake syrup - Awesome, tastes like the real thing
Thousand Islands dressing - pretty good
Balsamic vin. dressing - awesome also
Peanut butter - I agree has a weird texture, and is a little sweet for me
Jelly spreads - very good
Caramel sauce - wonderful! I had it before on apples on another diet

Just make sure you get the 0/0/0 ones and NOT just the Fat Free, or Sugar Free ones. Sometimes they look the same in style.

Bunny Gal
05-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie and just started the Ideal Protein Diet about 2 days ago. My doc told me to use Walden Farms products (dressings, syrups, etc.) and I noticed that any time I use these products, or any of the sweeter IP Diet products, I get HORRENDOUS headaches. I'm wondering since I'm allergic to aspartame (it gives me horrible headaches too) if I am having a reaction to the sucralose? I see sucralose gets both a good and bad review on these forums, so I was wondering if anyone else out there has had the same reaction to these products? My doc says I'm just going thru the "withdrawal" stage and not to worry about it. Any thoughts? :?: Thanks! (P.S. I agree with most of y'all: I think the WF stuff tastes really bad too!)

ProteinGal
05-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Honey Dijon dressing is all right.
Ranch dressing is all right.
The marshmallow topping is disgusting.

I agree, my dogs won't even touch it.

My top three favourites are:

Thick & Spicy BBQ Sauce (taste good over steamed broccoli too)
Thousand Island Dressing (Big Mac in a Bowl)
Chipotle Ranch Dressing

dizzyjean
05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I like the ranch dressing with spicy mustard added to it. It makes it taste better!

Shrinking Sandra
05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
i feel like the only one who HATES wf salad dressings. I really hate them, even the smells make me sick. i do like the caramel and chocolate sauce from WF.