South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default SBD chat 05/18/12

Good morning...where is every body?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel! I'm normally on at 6:30 or so, but if you look, I know at least Ruth is here cleaning some stuff up. I hope your day is going well so far!

Today I don't work until 2 pm, and the kids are on the bus at 7:40 . I might do a little garage saleing (I'm thinking I'm getting addicted...at least I don't tend to buy much!) and a good long hike and/or run in the woods. What a beautiful day out there today!

SBD is going great this week, if only I could banish all nuts from my house!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

OK guess I am having coffee alone today...is this national sleep in day and I missed the memo...lol

Getting ready to brew another cup. Ironically I slept in an extra 15 minutes yet I got to work 20 minutes early. Not that anyone complained, the guys were happy to get relieved early. Hope they return the favor tonight as inrush from work to get Munson from driver's Ed.

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming day.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  

TwynnB, ironically I am having issues with nuts this week too. Mainly with portion control. I am good with pistachios, but not other varieties. I think working at the shell helps slow me down. Yesterday and today I banned them until I get a better grip on them.

I cannot wait until Sunday, it is supposed to be gorgeous. There is a long ride in my future as it seems to rain on my days off lately. It will be my first outdoor ride, so I don't plan on tackling too many hills just yet. My bike was recalled and they replaced the carbon forks, so the first ride will be a test run....then watch out!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Beach Chat for 5/18

Good morning and Happy Friday!

It's promising to be a glorious day and the entire weekend is looking good. I want to do a quick fly-through the house, then I have a bit of grocery shopping to do for Mom, then home to put a load of laundry in while I get some gardening done. There may be time to sit with my Kindle out on the patio later. Want to join me with a glass of wine?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup ... been up and doing some odds and sods here and elsewhere. Today I am skipping gym because I remembered that I have about 50 pots of plants that need to be labeled and priced ready for pick-up by 8!

Took a mid-day trip to town yesterday and loaded my car with the first batch of plants for the Village. My garden helper was here at 4 and we planted six of the planters and two big flower boxes. I was pretty wiped by 6. I still need to get more plants but it's a start. The rest can happen next week. In the meantime, my lane looks just lovely with red geraniums and white and yellow begonias. It looks like a plant sale is happening here, rather than at the Church tomorrow.

So ... label the plants, do two more batches of cookies for the tea tomorrow and then I'm sure I'll find something else to "fill my day". I sure don't have time to be bored and watch the soaps. I may take time this afternoon to craft a silly hat for the Mad Hatters Tea Party tomorrow. A plastic flowerpot would be a start!

Hope your TGIF is fun - and if not, make it fun!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Greetings from Somerset, PA. We cam about 14 hours yesterday and have maybe 3.5 more this morning. So far, so good...
Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

lovely morning here too. Still garden cleaning and lots of planting. Had someone come in and clean all our windows. Boy, am I lazy, I remember my dear mother taking down storm windows and window cleaning every year all by herself. Its going to a nice long weekend here. I am trying a new recipe for quinoa brownies and will post it if it is good.
enjoy the nice weather everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, All!
Today is DD2's 20th birthday, and I'm going to try my hand at making a chocolate cake from coconut flour and Almond meal. Wish me luck! It has to be sturdy enough to stand up to some serious decorating. She's a huge Dr. Who fan, so I'm trying to make the cake in the shape of the Tardis. I'm crazy, I know. I'll let you all know how it goes! (I was trying to insert a picture, but can't seem to get it to work)

Last edited by CatMat; 05-18-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: broken link
Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm here....just in a very different "zone" right now in more ways than one. We spread our 3 dogs ashes on our sandy beach this morning, I have a chiro appt in 40 min and need to hit the laundromat for a shower first. We still have a dump load, some shopping and I have one small paint and electrical job to complete. Weather is beautiful and I may try to gift myself a walk on the beach this afternoon. In nearly 25 years here I was not on the beach once without a pup and I've found it very hard to get there. Dinner at a friends tonight and then to the airport 6 am tomorrow. Wow-whirlwind.

Love you all and look forward to being back in the loop!
Closed Thread