Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 5/18/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 5/18/12

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NOVAScents
05-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning ladies!

Quick question, I've been weighing myself at home and I've noticed that my body fat is actually going up. Is that normal for early IP (I'm on day 1 of week 3).

Thanks!!

momat40
05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Good morning all - Happy Friday

I woke this morning with terrible leg cramps. Any ideas what is causing this? They have since subsided, but my calf muscles are sore.

On a happier note, the birds are chirping outside my window. I'm working 4 hrs today from home, as opposed to the office 9-5. My 5 y/o has her kindy awards ceremony and I'm just happy today :)

Cadu
05-18-2012, 07:57 AM

I woke this morning with terrible leg cramps. Any ideas what is causing this? They have since subsided, but my calf muscles are sore.

Are you taking your supplements? The cal potasium & cal mags are supposed to help prevent the cramping. I am prone to charlie horses even before IP but I havent had any since starting 3 months ago, I take the supplements religously.

wendywendy
05-18-2012, 08:02 AM

On a happier note, the birds are chirping outside my window. I'm working 4 hrs today from home, as opposed to the office 9-5. My 5 y/o has her kindy awards ceremony and I'm just happy today :)

You may want to consult with your coach...mine warned me that if this is happening she would increase the cal-magnesium the that i'm taking.

Cadu
05-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

Happy Friday. My DH has off work today so he is going to help FINISH staining the pool deck today. yaaaay Then all the yard work will be done and I can just chill and enjoy the summer for a bit. We will be ready for our memorial day family BBQ and then in July we have our BIG party. Every 2 years we have a 60's party with over 200 people 5 live bands, totally decorated to the hilt with 60's decos (black lights, peace signs, flowers, etc) My DH even bulds a stage in our yard for the bands. Its allot of fun but allot of work to pull off.

Well, I must finish my coffe and put my paint clothes on.

have a great day everybody!!!!!

Aud007
05-18-2012, 08:05 AM

I was thinking the same as Cadu regarding supplement. I forgot to take them one evening and I had cramps the next morning so I linked it to the supplements I didn't take.

Beautiful Friday prior to a long week-end...yes! Just reintroduced a workout this morning after 3 weeks OP, very happy about it, I kind of missed it. I did the Skinny Sculpt DVD by Ellen Barrett and I feel so good and energized :-) :carrot::carrot:

Third WI tomorrow morning...can't wait. Have a great day all! ;-) :flow2:

momat40
05-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Are you taking your supplements? The cal potasium & cal mags are supposed to help prevent the cramping. I am prone to charlie horses even before IP but I havent had any since starting 3 months ago, I take the supplements religously.

Thank you for the reminder, but I am taking the dosage. Now that I remember, when I was pg, my doctor prescribed calcium for me to take and I had the same cramps then. I stopped taking the calcium supplement and cramps went away... Hmmm

I'm taking my multi vitamin (New Chapter Organics, which has 25g of Calcium from Algae), the IP Potassium calcium & Cal-Mag. I wonder if it's too much?

Jag23
05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm on the "nightshift". I am making up my mind to get back on board with the IP. I have been messing around these last 2 weeks. So tomorrow I get weighed and measured and from then till I get to 140 lbs,I plan to be commited.

Love reading the comments from everyone. It helps me to know that everybody struggles All the best

NOVAScents
05-18-2012, 08:18 AM

It's from low potassium. I'd talk to your coach about upping yours.

swerdna59
05-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Good Morning! I weighed myself this morning for WI #2 (at home) and I have lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks...wow. I had hoped to drop 10 pounds on this plan but I am now rethinking my goal weight. I am thinking I would like to get to 150 but we'll see. I did a lot of reading and researching about IP online before I went to the IP Store in our town. While the cost of things seemed steep I was willing to try it because 2 co-workers have done it and had great success, one keeping her weight off for over a year. However, after my WI#1 I decided to do it on my own. When I went in I was weighed and measured, asked how my week went, asked what I wanted to buy, and that was it. When I asked a question about chewing gum I was told that she wasn't sure that the other gal who works there knew the answer to it. I didn't care for many of the IP foods except the chocolate and vanilla shakes and the omelet (herbs and cheese). So I decided to do it on my own. I was also never really oriented to this plan, thank goodness I had done a lot of reading on my own about it. I take a 30 minute walk most every single day and I have followed IP 100% except I use PureProtein bars and EAS carb control shakes at times and will when my IP ones run out. Last night I was feeling so much like eating something that wasn't on the program just because I was watching the food network I think but I talked myself out of it and after seeing my weight this morning I am inspired to stick with it until 150. We are going shopping today and out to eat but I will go for something OP and bring my own WF rasperry vinagrette salad dressing. I have never been on an eating plan like this and it has made me more aware of what I am eating. Sometimes I feel really hungry but for the most part it is easy to follow and except for the 1st week where I felt kind of "fuzzy" I have felt great and actually feel that I am sleeping better. I try to quit drinking water by early evening so I am not up in the night to use the bathroom as well.

shathom
05-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm hoping that we all have an OP weekend! I purchased the new strawberry wafer at my clinic yesterday, it is insane how good it tastes:hun:

It reminds me of the wafer cookies we used to eat as kids. Glad I finally got my signature ticker, now I can feel like a big girl :D

Smooches!

sanaroph
05-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Thank you for the reminder, but I am taking the dosage. Now that I remember, when I was pg, my doctor prescribed calcium for me to take and I had the same cramps then. I stopped taking the calcium supplement and cramps went away... Hmmm

I'm taking my multi vitamin (New Chapter Organics, which has 25g of Calcium from Algae), the IP Potassium calcium & Cal-Mag. I wonder if it's too much?

Perhaps you should lower your intake of the potassium calcium and see what happens? I was told to take the IP Potassium only if I get a charley horse because I take a prescription med that has potassium in it.

sanaroph
05-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone!! I have WI this morning and of course I am 'blocked' and am pacing to get things moving along this morning. Funny enough I weigh myself every morning to gauge how well I am doing. In the AM it was 205.1, by 6pm, the scale said 210.1 - a 6lb difference in one day? This morning's number is lower but I only record the IP center weigh in so we will see what the master scale says.

Have a great day all!! :wave:

swerdna59
05-18-2012, 09:23 AM
My weight has always varied a lot depending upon the time of day...I prefer the morning WI myself as I feel it is my "true" weight or maybe it's because it is usually lower than any other time of day!

mtnsun4
05-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Good morning all!

Off to another day of work. Today was my weigh in day- no loss. :( But, I am not going to let it get me down. I am moving onward and upward!

Have a great day all!

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Checking in. I am at "skid school" driving school today at the Stowe Mountain Resort. It is a college but beautiful day.

Darralyn
05-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

Happy Friday. My DH has off work today so he is going to help FINISH staining the pool deck today. yaaaay Then all the yard work will be done and I can just chill and enjoy the summer for a bit. We will be ready for our memorial day family BBQ and then in July we have our BIG party. Every 2 years we have a 60's party with over 200 people 5 live bands, totally decorated to the hilt with 60's decos (black lights, peace signs, flowers, etc) My DH even bulds a stage in our yard for the bands. Its allot of fun but allot of work to pull off.

Can you adopt me Carol. You and your family sound like so much fun!! :hug:

susyqxxxx
05-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning all..
On a happy note for me, i finished phase 2 and lost 3.5 pounds on it, so now starting tomorrow, going to phase 3..so looking forward to having a piece of fruit...which fruit have the lowest carbs...was nervous heading into phase 2, but i know i can live this lifestyle..no more being fat for me..
have a great weekend all...keep up the loses

coffeebean
05-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Three more weeks until my middle daughter gets married and then the oldest daughter gets married in October. I am hoping to get to 145 pounds before the wedding, I think it is harder when you are basically happy with your weight but would like to weigh less. I am 100% OP this week and hope to continue until the wedding.

coffeebean
05-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I would like to add that I lost 30 pounds on this wonderful diet in Feburary -March 2010. For the most part I have kept off 25 pounds for 2 years.

hyrysk
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Beautifull Friday here in Austin.WI was last night and down another 2.8lbs. My coach was amazed when I showed up and had my shirt tucked in. I didn't think it was a big deal. I normally wear basketball shorts and a tee-shirt to WI's you know the trick trying to wear the lightest clothes I can. Feels great to know all the hard work is paying off.

Everyone have a great weekend.

NOVAScents
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Three more weeks until my middle daughter gets married and then the oldest daughter gets married in October. I am hoping to get to 145 pounds before the wedding, I think it is harder when you are basically happy with your weight but would like to weigh less. I am 100% OP this week and hope to continue until the wedding.

You're doing great!!!

MaMaZu
05-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Can you adopt me Carol. You and your family sound like so much fun!! :hug:

Darralynn, I love seeing your new close up, so pretty!

MaMaZu
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Wow, just realized after my weigh-in this morning, I have
less than 10 pounds until I hit my goal weight! This journey has been so incredibly simple thanks in large part (no pun intended!) to this forum.

Meadow Wheeler
05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Whoot! Today is weigh-in day! I really look forward to Fridays! I can't wait to see this week's results and am looking forward to seeing where I am each and every Friday!

Have a great day everyone!

Sewmam
05-18-2012, 10:40 AM

When I told my doctor about mine, he said Calcium. Who knows... I do take a separate Magnesium/Malic acid supplment at night that helped with fibromyalgia and muscle tightness. I'm in Phase 4 and used up all my Cal-Mag's, so I'll just use Citrical and the Mg/Malic supplement from now on.

Good Morning Everybody!

so I'm not alone in this painting business! ;) Your party sounds like a blast...

Beautifull Friday here in Austin.WI was last night and down another 2.8lbs. My coach was amazed when I showed up and had my shirt tucked in. I didn't think it was a big deal. I normally wear basketball shorts and a tee-shirt to WI's you know the trick trying to wear the lightest clothes I can. Feels great to know all the hard work is paying off.

Everyone have a great weekend.

I know the feeling! I haven't tucked shirts in for ages, until now, and I'm even wearing a belt to keep the pants up that are too big!

---

Good morning everybody! I'm rather late this morning...I woke up at 6:30 and I'm still sitting here after having my pot of tea and breakfast of scrambled eggs/toast/grapefruit...gotta get my butt in gear quick.

Hope you all have a lovely, successful, happy day!

sanibelover
05-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Weigh in #6 - down 2. ONEDERLAND!! I am still havingdoubts that I will ever be able to get to a healthy weight, but I am giving it 100%. Looks like it will be a slow trip for me, but I am up for the challenge!! (today anyway....)

CkM
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Good Morning everyone! I have my 3rd WI today! I will post the results when I get back from my appt... Not feeling a lot skinnier or a big loss but hopefully its something! Have a great OP day everyone!

prettyone
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Good Morning All,

Just wanted to stop in really quick to say hello. Its been crazy busy at work I will try to come back in later and read all the post (they tend to grown daily lol). Hope everyone has a good day.

mlucas
05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Good Morn!! Happy happy friday!!!

So it's 7 days till I get to go home and see everyone! I'm sooo excited. I keep thinking that no one will notice a difference.. but i had to check myself and remember...its not about them.. it's about me! ME! Not only do i forget to put myself 1st but I forget that it's about me and no one else but me and my health and my future. And what is going to make me happy, not everyone else. My life, my body, my success! If you notice you notice, but it's me that see's and feels the difference not you. Everybodys opinion or comments should not be what fuels me... I have to remember that. My self reality check! lol
Especially since i feel sooo big right now on my 2nd weeks of P3.. ugh.. it's hard to reprogram yourself and get used to the difference and how your body feels. Dang you Glycogens! :D

mooselover
05-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Whoot! Today is weigh-in day! I really look forward to Fridays! I can't wait to see this week's results and am looking forward to seeing where I am each and every Friday!

It's my WI day too!!! I feel the same way :D

tauthier
05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
good morning all!
Sounds like everyone is doing great!
I'm on day 12 and just am not feeling good the last two days.
I'm hoping it will pass.
Irritating headache in spite of drinking lots of water and taking sea salt.
Guess I'll try some tylenol.
Teresa

mooselover
05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Weigh in #6 - down 2. ONEDERLAND!! I am still havingdoubts that I will ever be able to get to a healthy weight, but I am giving it 100%. Looks like it will be a slow trip for me, but I am up for the challenge!! (today anyway....)

Some weeks will be less than others, but you will get where you want to be if you stick with it and keep a good attitute. A loss is a loss and you are working toward your goal :D

mooselover
05-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Good morning everyone. I finished up week 12 yesterday and my WI is this morning. I heard from a friend of mine who is also on IP with my clinic that they got a new body fat machine this week. It gives you your bone density and metobolic age. My clinic measures body fat every 4 weeks, so that will be today. I am so excited to use it. I will tell you more about it when I get back. My clinic is so good. I wish everyone could have a good clinic. It is so sad when I hear people talk about how poorly their clinics are run. I have said this before, but I feel so lucky to have the clinic I do. My coach is amazing!!!

sanaroph
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I would like to add that I lost 30 pounds on this wonderful diet in Feburary -March 2010. For the most part I have kept off 25 pounds for 2 years.

That is awesome that you kept it off! This is inspiration for me that this will be our last diet!

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Morning everyone :) I woke up super late this morning after an AWEFUL night last night. I know I said that today could "suck" as long as yesterday was great, but waking up with excruciating cramps at midnight (yes really) and ending up sleeping on the couch until 3:00 AM so I can run to the bathroom was not my idea of moving into my Friday.

Last night's motorcycle ride was soo much fun, DH was driving and I passengered, which feels so weird for me. We need to break in the tires a bit more before I like them (hate sticky new tires ugh!). I left my shake at home this morning so for lunch I am having my "emergency" soup packet I keep at work. Jumped on the scale for my daily "accountability" and down another 0.4 LBS, total down 1 pound this week at this point, which is good news for me, only 1.61 to go until I can say I'm in the 170's! (I'm 181.6, so 179.99 would be acceptable) I haven't been in the 170's since I had a personal trainer, and even then I only got to 176 and a size 12 jeans from a size 14 in 4 months of irritation and resentment towards my trainer (hate working out in a gym).

Now I'm down to a 14 instead of my maternity pants (not ALL 14's fit, but some do at least!) in less than a month, and praying I can sneak into a 12 within the next 4.5 weeks (My trip is coming up).

Well I'll check back later, off to do some work, make a tutorial, and then blog some I think...probably :)

sanaroph
05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
less than 10 pounds until I hit my goal weight! This journey has been so incredibly simple thanks in large part (no pun intended!) to this forum.

Congratulations on counting down your last 10 lbs!! Your before & current pics look great!

Congratulations on getting to ONEDERLAND!! That is my goal for the next 10lbs!

good morning all!
Sounds like everyone is doing great!
I'm on day 12 and just am not feeling good the last two days.
I'm hoping it will pass.
Irritating headache in spite of drinking lots of water and taking sea salt.
Guess I'll try some tylenol.
Teresa
Hang in there Teresa, it will pass. :hug:

Some weeks will be less than others, but you will get where you want to be if you stick with it and keep a good attitute. A loss is a loss and you are working toward your goal :D

Thank you because I needed that. I lost 3lbs today but was cranky because I knew yesterdays scale reading said I lost more than that :mad::mad: but this is a journey and I have a long way to go to goal so will take it one day at a time

What I also learned today was that I cannot have lime but only lemons :( I have been adding lime to my water to get through the day but ~sigh~ back to the lemon it is!

Karen71
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
TGIF Fellow IPers!

Great week OP and can't wait to start exercising next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey, so I have a question...if I got the recipes off our recipe thread and turned it into a PDF, am I allowed to put it on my blog for others to download? I don't want to step on any toes or get anyone in trouble, so I'm asking' first :)

P.S. tutorial's almost done, blog's been changed to more "professional" now that it can be googled, holy crap! Since my traffic is increasing I think I need to step up my game on the blog a bit and am going to spend probably at least some of this weekend trying to really make it less about "me" and more about Ideal Protein, Wonderslim and other alternative products in general.

Darralyn
05-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Good Morning everyone!! Happy Friday.

Just a quick check-in to read everyone's posts and I have had my fix! Thanks everyone for being here and sharing your lives with the rest of us! I feel like you are my family!!

Have a great OP day!!

staceyjblack
05-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Hey everyone!!!!!

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and it is SO refreshing. I love me a good fresh haircut. After that, I stayed and my stylist and I played around with wedding day styles. The pics are on my moms phone, so I will have to get them from her to post one here :)

In other news... I hit goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my coach and I were talking a few weeks ago, that after I hit my goal, I would start training to be a coach myself! It would only be very part time, but I am so excited! She sent me the preliminary training materials. I can't wait to share this program with other people!

jenn04
05-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Argggg only a 1 pound loss this week... I know I know ill take the 1 pound over a gain anyday but after choking down all those veggies its a lil aggravating so that means I have to bump it into over drive next week

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Good Morning! I weighed myself this morning for WI #2 (at home) and I have lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks...wow. I had hoped to drop 10 pounds on this plan but I am now rethinking my goal weight. I am thinking I would like to get to 150 but we'll see. I did a lot of reading and researching about IP online before I went to the IP Store in our town. While the cost of things seemed steep I was willing to try it because 2 co-workers have done it and had great success, one keeping her weight off for over a year. However, after my WI#1 I decided to do it on my own. When I went in I was weighed and measured, asked how my week went, asked what I wanted to buy, and that was it. When I asked a question about chewing gum I was told that she wasn't sure that the other gal who works there knew the answer to it. I didn't care for many of the IP foods except the chocolate and vanilla shakes and the omelet (herbs and cheese). So I decided to do it on my own. I was also never really oriented to this plan, thank goodness I had done a lot of reading on my own about it. I take a 30 minute walk most every single day and I have followed IP 100% except I use PureProtein bars and EAS carb control shakes at times and will when my IP ones run out. Last night I was feeling so much like eating something that wasn't on the program just because I was watching the food network I think but I talked myself out of it and after seeing my weight this morning I am inspired to stick with it until 150. We are going shopping today and out to eat but I will go for something OP and bring my own WF rasperry vinagrette salad dressing. I have never been on an eating plan like this and it has made me more aware of what I am eating. Sometimes I feel really hungry but for the most part it is easy to follow and except for the 1st week where I felt kind of "fuzzy" I have felt great and actually feel that I am sleeping better. I try to quit drinking water by early evening so I am not up in the night to use the bathroom as well.
Congrats on your Weight loss. You can do this on your own, there are many different threads with alternatives that you can read but most importantly is that you have all the information you need right here. This forum is incredible when it comes to information, suggestions and most of all SUPPORT!!....When you are feeling "Fuzzy" your BP is more than likely low and so are your electrolytes, put 1/4tsp or so of the sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it then drink water. This also sometimes helps when you get a headache. Within 15 mins you should feel better. This works for some and doesn't work for others, it has always worked for me.

You have a lot going on and very important things going on in your life right now. That number on the scale is ONLY a number, go by the way you feel and if you are happy with the way you look. I am sure you are feeling great and look wonderful. You are doing great on this program and will get to where you want to be. Keep up the great work :hug:

AMAZING, you are doing a wonderful job and not too much longer until you are at goal!!

Good Morn!! Happy happy friday!!!

So it's 7 days till I get to go home and see everyone! I'm sooo excited. I keep thinking that no one will notice a difference.. but i had to check myself and remember...its not about them.. it's about me! ME! Not only do i forget to put myself 1st but I forget that it's about me and no one else but me and my health and my future. And what is going to make me happy, not everyone else. My life, my body, my success! If you notice you notice, but it's me that see's and feels the difference not you. Everybodys opinion or comments should not be what fuels me... I have to remember that. My self reality check! lol
Especially since i feel sooo big right now on my 2nd weeks of P3.. ugh.. it's hard to reprogram yourself and get used to the difference and how your body feels. Dang you Glycogens! :D
You hit the nail right on the head....'its about YOU and ONLY YOU!!.....you are doing it for the right reasons that is why you are having success. I am sure they will notice a difference in you, make sure you wear cute clothes that "fit" and are not baggy on you. Show of your new body and watch their jaws drop in the change :hug:

Hey everyone!!!!!

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and it is SO refreshing. I love me a good fresh haircut. After that, I stayed and my stylist and I played around with wedding day styles. The pics are on my moms phone, so I will have to get them from her to post one here :)

And my coach and I were talking a few weeks ago, that after I hit my goal, I would start training to be a coach myself! It would only be very part time, but I am so excited! She sent me the preliminary training materials. I can't wait to share this program with other people!
Congrats on hitting goal AND on getting the material to become a coach. You have walked the walk so you know exactly how it is done and will help many others in changing their lives. Congrats again!

Good morning all, Not much to report but I am having a skinny day today. My son told me I look like I loss 10lbs over night....I just laughed at him. I just had my coffee and chocolate soy puffs for breakfast...yummy. Its going to be a relaxing day today. Might even spend sometime sitting on my back porch today, its nice out, not too hot and there is NO humidity!!!...have to enjoy that while I can because here in Southern Mississippi its like you get hit by a brick wall when the summer is here! Have a great day everyone

Cole3
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM

Yay!!! I think I am on a long slow trip as well ... but the way I look at it as long as I keep losing I am still making progress. Would I like to wake up tomorrow and be at my goal weight? Of course!!!! But I know I am 20 pounds closer than when I started and thats something :)

Andie0606
05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
It's from low potassium. I'd talk to your coach about upping yours.

That's why I take a 99mg plain potassium in the evening in addition to my 1 IP calcium/potassium in the morning. I quit taking extra plain calcium when I read on here that it contributes to constipation. I seem to do better without it.

reneepw
05-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Happy weekend!
I have a nasty allergy/sinusitis thing going on..so the chicken soup was a blessing today! I'm assuming sugar free cough drops are the way to go if I need them so i will be hitting walgreens later today to get some.
Youngest son is testing for his black belt on Sunday; older son graduates high school next week. Lots going on and just looking at the possibilities for graduation cakes is making me teeter. But then i come over here for a dose of "tie that superwoman cape on tight" and i'm good :D
Have a wonderful weekend. It's going to be just perfect weather here in Philly.

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Happy weekend!
I have a nasty allergy/sinusitis thing going on..so the chicken soup was a blessing today! I'm assuming sugar free cough drops are the way to go if I need them so i will be hitting walgreens later today to get some.
Youngest son is testing for his black belt on Sunday; older son graduates high school next week. Lots going on and just looking at the possibilities for graduation cakes is making me teeter. But then i come over here for a dose of "tie that superwoman cape on tight" and i'm good :D
Have a wonderful weekend. It's going to be just perfect weather here in Philly.
Sorry you are feeling bad, hope you get better soon. sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Remember celebrate your oldest son's graduation, NOT the food, its about the memories, family and friends helping him celebrate a new milestone in his life. That cake will NOT make him a better person, let them enjoy the cake, you enjoy the celebration of holding it together and not giving him. He will be proud of you as you will be of yourself for not breaking. So keep that Super woman cape on Mom....YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!

mooselover
05-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Back from my week 12 WI. Down 1.6 and 3/4 inches. The new body fat machine at my clinic is awesome. It measures all sorts of good information. My metobolic age was 57. YIKES!!! I still have a ways to go, but I am getting there :) Thank goodness I found IP and this forum!!!

Oh, and I am in the 150's now. Woo Hoo!!!

reneepw
05-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry you are feeling bad, hope you get better soon. sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Remember celebrate your oldest son's graduation, NOT the food, its about the memories, family and friends helping him celebrate a new milestone in his life. That cake will NOT make him a better person, let them enjoy the cake, you enjoy the celebration of holding it together and not giving him. He will be proud of you as you will be of yourself for not breaking. So keep that Super woman cape on Mom....YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!

thanks Wuv! that's EXACTLY what I needed to hear :) I will remember that line: celebrate the event not the food. i like it!

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
thanks Wuv! that's EXACTLY what I needed to hear :) I will remember that line: celebrate the event not the food. i like it!

You are welcome, that is what is wrong with today's society, its all about the FOOD. We forget the real purpose and the celebration we are suppose to be celebrating. That is how I made it through all of the holidays and events I have attended over the last year....YOU CAN DO THIS

star2nite
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Good morning :) Just a quick question. I am on day two of IP and looking for ideas as to things I can eat. I am allergic to iodine so would it be possible for me to have imitation crab?

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Good morning :) Just a quick question. I am on day two of IP and looking for ideas as to things I can eat. I am allergic to iodine so would it be possible for me to have imitation crab?

it is allowed as far as I know just watch the preservatives in it.

Barb4640
05-18-2012, 02:50 PM
HELP!!! I am on the 3rd day of the IP diet and really frustrated with the packets. I have tried the Choco drink mix, Orange Drink, Broccolli Soup, and egg omelet. The only one enjoy is the Choc. Drink Mix. The others I could not even finish eating. I rather not eat at all. Not sure how long I can keep going. I have a few unopened boxes, Pink Lemonade and Pina Colada, and I almost don't want to open them.

lkp888
05-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted for awhile, but I read everyday to keep me motivated and keep my spirits up! All of you are doing so amazing, keep up the great work!

I'm getting close to my goal, getting a bit excited and nervous to go to the next phase. Have a great long weekend everyone!

shathom
05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Back from my week 12 WI. Down 1.6 and 3/4 inches. The new body fat machine at my clinic is awesome. It measures all sorts of good information. My metobolic age was 57. YIKES!!! I still have a ways to go, but I am getting there :) Thank goodness I found IP and this forum!!!

Congrats in getting into the 150s, that is just awesome:carrot:. My clinic does not measure body fat :( Wish they did.

paulimapi
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
I hate the fact that we are missing so many of the IP products that you all seem to have :( They'll bring some new ones in June, though, I hope they bring plenty of variety!

Right now, to my country, all they're bringing are the leek soup, the chicken soup (hate them both, i've given up on them), the chocolate, strawberry and orange drinks, the lemon pudding, the chili, the vanilla-caramel bars,the cranberry-pomenagrate bars and the crispy cereal :/ It's getting pretty repetitive and boring with so little choices. Plus I'm out of crispy cereal but I'm getting some more asap.

June, get here fast and bring some new products please! :(

paulimapi
05-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Congrats on the weight loss! Yay :carrot: Keep it up!

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
HELP!!! I am on the 3rd day of the IP diet and really frustrated with the packets. I have tried the Choco drink mix, Orange Drink, Broccolli Soup, and egg omelet. The only one enjoy is the Choc. Drink Mix. The others I could not even finish eating. I rather not eat at all. Not sure how long I can keep going. I have a few unopened boxes, Pink Lemonade and Pina Colada, and I almost don't want to open them.

take a deep breathe, you will be ok. I did not like ANY of the soups many rave about them but I am not one of them but then again I am not a soup person. Have you tried putting ice in your Orange drink and let it set for about 3-4mins so the foam can calm down? The pink Lemonade I added a packet of splenda to it with ice and let it set. Pina colada was ok for me but again I had to add splenda. Have you checked the thread Fun with IP packets?

kellycg102
05-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I feel like I am missing everything....I have no time to read everything......still tons of stress right and mentally can't take on anymore. Still OP thankfully and lost 3.2 lbs this week. Trying to at least update my ticker every week....hope to find my new norm soom.

Hope everyone is doing ok, I miss reading about your journeys, and finding out any new ideas or products:(. Good luck everyone!

auroragrl
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
okay helpers out there - I don't feel well today. Daughter's graduation tomorrow - and things are busy and I'm more physicall - setting up tables, moving things around, mowing - etc., etc.

Could that be why I don't feel good - maybe not quite enough calories?

I had my drink this morning at about 8, just had my spaghetti (went with restricted thinking it may help), spinach and big salad. I'm drinking water and still just don't feel all that hot.

Any ideas?:(

staceyjblack
05-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi Barb! The first week is the hardest. You can do it!!!! I agree w wuv- make sure you read through the "fun w IP packets". Do you have any vanilla drink? My favorite thing is the vanilla w 6oz of decaf coffee over ice, w 1 splenda. Give it a try!!!

CkM
05-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Just got back from my WI- down 2.5 pounds! So in 3 weeks I am down almost 12 pounds and 10.75 inches!! I have 3.5 pounds to lose this week (by next Friday) to meet my goal of 15 pounds down by Memorial Day Weekend! I know I can do this :)

mlucas
05-18-2012, 03:54 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"]You hit the nail right on the head....'its about YOU and ONLY YOU!!.....you are doing it for the right reasons that is why you are having success. I am sure they will notice a difference in you, make sure you wear cute clothes that "fit" and are not baggy on you. Show of your new body and watch their jaws drop in the change :hug:

ugh Wuv!!! I love you! LOL Ya know, I havent had to go shopping yet! I should, dont get it twisted, but i still have clothes in my "someday bin" lol so i have broke those out. But i'm kinda of affraid to go shopping to be honest. I love the fact that my clothes are baggy (totally my security blanket i suppose) But my fiance is pushing me to go shopping this week before we leave.. so I will def. pick something up! :) So hard to put yourself 1st. I went to go shopping earlier this week and ended up buying my son clothes instead! LOL A mom's life huh! Btw.. i'm not a southern'r but i'm going to join your group anyway :D lol Thanks for the invite! :hug:

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
ugh Wuv!!! I love you! LOL Ya know, I havent had to go shopping yet! I should, dont get it twisted, but i still have clothes in my "someday bin" lol so i have broke those out. But i'm kinda of affraid to go shopping to be honest. I love the fact that my clothes are baggy (totally my security blanket i suppose) But my fiance is pushing me to go shopping this week before we leave.. so I will def. pick something up! :) So hard to put yourself 1st. I went to go shopping earlier this week and ended up buying my son clothes instead! LOL A mom's life huh! Btw.. i'm not a southern'r but i'm going to join your group anyway :D lol Thanks for the invite! :hug:

Its hard to put yourself first, I did it for many many years. My boys are 20 and 24 now. But you NEED to get you some FITTING clothes NOT baggy!!!!!.....and that is why I invited you :)

mlucas
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Its hard to put yourself first, I did it for many many years. My boys are 20 and 24 now. But you NEED to get you some FITTING clothes NOT baggy!!!!!.....and that is why I invited you :)

I will.. Mama WUV has spoken! :D And you are super right!

star2nite
05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
The herb omelet is wonderful!! Was such a relief :) didn't care for the peach/mango drink yesterday. Is there a price list anywhere for IP items?

Lace and Levis
05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Progress photos:
Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

I love your new pictures. You are such a sweetheart sharing your photos, IP knowledge and your success with all of us. I also love you straight forward candid advice. You get straight to the point no dancing around and sugar coating. We all need a good kick in the butt sometimes. I don't mind because you have been there and (successfully) done that. Many times even when you advice others I feel like you're talking to me. Thank you my friend. :hug:

star2nite
05-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh also should I only use evoo? I have been using light olive oil.

atho128
05-18-2012, 04:25 PM
just had the lemon pudding for the first time.. it was ok, so I'll eat my one box (glad I only got one), but the dark chocolate is lots better. I'm a chocaholic for sure!!

salmongirl
05-18-2012, 04:47 PM

I didn't like anything but the choc mix at first either and spent the first 3 weeks on the diet only drinking that 3 times a day. After I got my feet on the ground with the diet and really got adjusted I tried the other ones again and now I like them. This diet works so just find a way to stick with it.

just had the lemon pudding for the first time.. it was ok, so I'll eat my one box (glad I only got one), but the dark chocolate is lots better. I'm a chocaholic for sure!!

I mix a little WF blueberry syrup with mine and it is yummy.

Good afternoon everyone, having a nice day and I hope everyone else it too!

LizRR
05-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Howdy IPeeps! It's been a great day so far...WI#11 today and down 4lb! That makes me officially in the 160s (if just barely, but I'll take it). Lost 1-1/8" and 0.76% body fat as well, my best showing BF%-wise I think may be Bodypump credited. And tom is finally leaving the building!

My sons daycare is closed today, so me and hubby split the day a little, I got in ~2 hours at work this morning, just enough to finish up some stuff and feel great about the weekend! Got home in time to take my son to the park before we melted, brought him to my clinic for WI, and now he's napping and I can catch up and get garage sale ready for tomorrow!

Cadu - sounds like my kind of family! Adopt me too!

Usmcvet - I love Stowe! My Boston years I spent winters in Killington and did some B&Bs in Stowe and Weston. Vermont is so beautiful, I miss all 4 seasons (a crazy Texan who loves New England winters).

staceyjblack
05-18-2012, 04:58 PM
I mix a little WF blueberry syrup with mine and it is yummy.

great idea!!!! I have the strawberry so I will try with that :smug:

purple sky
05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Remember celebrate your oldest son's graduation, NOT the food, its about the memories, family and friends helping him celebrate a new milestone in his life. That cake will NOT make him a better person, let them enjoy the cake, you enjoy the celebration of holding it together and not giving him. He will be proud of you as you will be of yourself for not breaking. So keep that Super woman cape on Mom....YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!

There's definitely a shift in consciousness as you go through this IP journey. Eating out and eating at events is a little tricky but you try to make the best choices you can.

A friend shared this with me recently and I thought some of you might appreciate it.

"Food is no longer the central actor to the experience, but it's a great sidekick."

star2nite
05-18-2012, 05:14 PM
it is allowed as far as I know just watch the preservatives in it.

Thank you for all your quick answers. I know you are probably tired of same ol questions from us newbies :)

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I will.. Mama WUV has spoken! :D And you are super right!
HAHAHA...Mama WUV.....cute!:hug:
I love your new pictures. You are such a sweetheart sharing your photos, IP knowledge and your success with all of us. I also love you straight forward candid advice. You get straight to the point no dancing around and sugar coating. We all need a good kick in the butt sometimes. I don't mind because you have been there and (successfully) done that. Many times even when you advice others I feel like you're talking to me. Thank you my friend. :hug:
Thank you, I have from the very beginning been very open about my journey, I want people to know that ANYONE can do this. If I can lose a WHOLE PERSON anyone can lose any amount of weight. I don't sugar coat things because it usually doesn't get to the point like direct comments do. My mom has told me several times that I need to stop giving tough love and I told her MOM we are all adults, feeling will get hurt or it will help them. If they think I am being a B then left them think that. I am only trying to help. So I will continue to share my journey and give the "tough love" if needed :)

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you for all your quick answers. I know you are probably tired of same ol questions from us newbies :)
I don't mind at all, I was a newbie at one point. I know how grateful I was to anyone that would answer my questions. :)

evepet
05-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Just popping in to say 'Hi!' to everyone. Another busy day for me... I was determined to finish up my balcony gardening efforts today and I'm pleased to report that everything is planted and balcony is all tidied up. I tracked in some dirt during this process, so the kitchen floor has also been mopped spick and span again. I still have to set some seeds, but that's easy compared to the hauling of dirt, amending of the soil for each container, and getting the seedlings transplanted. I enjoy it though... just glad it's done. It's definitely been a time consumer this past week. I think a long hot soak is due tonight. Just bought a nice bath pillow yesterday at Walmart, so I'll use it for a leisurely soak later tonight while I attempt to sooth my 'not so young' muscles.

So - it's a nice relief to have that done. Now I can relax. Just light duties ahead with regular watering and fertilizing. Fingers crossed that all this work pays off with some tasty veggies - and beautiful flowers to admire on my balcony.

I had another Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shake to keep my energy up around noon today (part of lunch). Delicious. I was all dirty from gardening and didn't want to stop to prepare my salad right then, so I waited until 2pm or so to have it... found it amusing to find myself salivating for my salad as I finished up the balcony 'dirty work'. Did my grocery shopping yesterday so everything was superfresh and tasty. Yum. I'm growing cilantro and parsley and was able to put some of both in the salad. Definitely a taste perk.

I'm looking forward to this long Victoria Day weekend. Have a friend coming to dinner tomorrow evening, but apart from that I'm probably relaxing and taking it pretty easy.

Cheers to everyone, and hope you are all having a happy OP day. :D

jcjnjj
05-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I need to catch up on all of the posts from today!

Had my weigh in today at am down 3.4 lbs!!! Very happy.

My coach (she's a nurse) had 5 lbs of fat on her desk. That was so gross! And huge!

Kat2500
05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I am staying OP 100%. I am having trouble staying focused at work. I was wondering if it is something that I am doing wrong with the diet? Or is this just something that happens the first few weeks? I am using the gluten free products. I broke my foot six weeks ago and just got rid of the walking cast. I thought that when my foot was healed that I would be able to concenstrate more fully -but I can't seem to. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Barb4640
05-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for your suggestions and support. I know I can do this, but so glad I have others walking by me in this journey! I will check out the Fun with IP Packets. :)

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
I am staying OP 100%. I am having trouble staying focused at work. I was wondering if it is something that I am doing wrong with the diet? Or is this just something that happens the first few weeks? I am using the gluten free products. I broke my foot six weeks ago and just got rid of the walking cast. I thought that when my foot was healed that I would be able to concenstrate more fully -but I can't seem to. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Focus is something we all like to have. I believe lower carbohdrates can reduce some amount of focus, but can't remember where I saw it or if it was really true or not :S

Lace and Levis
05-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I can't remember who was asking about whether or not we could use lime, but wanted to pass along the following information that may help you decide whether or not lime is right for you.

The recipe book by Ideal Protein Chef Verati "My Ideal Recipes" 250 ways to enjoy your meals, Ideal Protein Phase 1-2 also approved by Olivier Benloulou President & CEO Ideal Protein, does use lime juice in their recipes.

Good enough for me! Hope this helps.

jcjnjj
05-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I thought imitation crab contained sugars and carbs? When I was doing HCG, I was told I couldn't have it. Not to question "Mama WUV" because I do love all your posts!!!

Tripmama
05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"]I don't sugar coat thingsCOLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't "sugar coat" anything anymore...hehe :rofl:

Tripmama
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Well....WI#17 today and I was up a half a pound. I don't let it get me down, thanks to all of your support and the knowledge and confidence I get from this forum. I KNOW I am losing weight as long as I am staying OP, it just didn't show on the scale at that moment... the body is such a fickle thing. I went to bed super (2am) late last night and was up super (6am) early and then was busy all morning- pressure spraying our Main Street for Main Street Clean-up. So, I didn't live my life around my WI.

Still completely dedicated and a loser! Still lost 1 inch and other #s went down as well!

kmc1021
05-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey ya'll. I really am reading everyday, but I just don't have the time to post. I am so exhausted and this is a full weekend for me. I have to pick my brother-in-law up at the airport at midnight tonight. Then I will have people in and out my house. I have to make a lunch for some people, dinner for some and then tomorrow night we are doing pizza. I am going to have a really hard time to stay OP this weekend, well, really tomorrow.

I started my period yesterday. OMG I haven't had a period in years. I even have taken Provera to start one and even at the highest dosage I never had one. I have had a lot of pain in my life with it, but WOW this is the worse I have felt in a very long time. I feel like I am going to die. :( I just hope it doesn't last too long because I am thinking of going away next weekend. Not going to if I have the red sea!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone!!!!!

:bravo::grouphug::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

So Very Happy For You! Way To GO!

Jane59
05-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi there I am new here... I have been on ID for 5 days now... If you wanna snack..is it ok to saute some button mushrooms up in Olive oil ?

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/NEQ2012.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/24380_1137489616648_1809625455_292781_7365233_n.jp g

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/24380_1137489656649_1809625455_292782_6609342_n.jp g
Not sure why I scanned the bottom one this way but the very bottom photo in the third scan must be from late 2009 or early 2010 we went alone because all three girls were sick.

Well photos can be an eye opener. I found the 2012 Aquarium Photo tonight. YUCK. This is close to what I looked like prior to IP. I've just decided when I hit 100 lost I want to make another trip to Boston for some fun with the family and I am getting another photo there that looks better. The smaller photo is from March 2010. Everyone has Grown but my wife Michele.

In just saw the date on two of the newer photos. They are almost a year apart to the day! The end of February Vacation. I don't see a date on the older photo.

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 08:57 PM

Call your coach and see if you can swap some things out early. It is important to find things you like. Have you tried the herb and cheese omelet? I did not like the regular one but love the H&C Omelet. Also I usually add sauteed mushrooms and green peppers and sometimes I add some cold banana peppers for some heat!

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Several NSV today. Strapped into the seat belt in the back of a car today. It was tight, but it freaking fit. Did lots of walking around and standing today at training. Had lots of fun too. I'm not so afraid of walking anymore.:carrot: This is HUGE for me. I was a prisoner to my weight. Now I'm getting rid of it. To steal a line from my Dad and AA, one day at a time and one WI at a time. I am learning more about myself and I'm happy with the direction I am now headed. I have hope for the first time in a looong time.

Great WI's today ladies! You all motivate me. :grouphug::grouphug:

SoSo
05-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi Everyone ! Had my 2nd WI Wed and lost another 4 pounds ! Im so excited ! Just really missing my glass of wine in the evenings !

atho128
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi Everyone ! Had my 2nd WI Wed and lost another 4 pounds ! Im so excited ! Just really missing my glass of wine in the evenings !

I am soooooo with you on the glass of wine!! This weight loss better be worth it hahaha just kidding it already has been! but i still miss it!

usmcvet
05-18-2012, 09:52 PM

I hear you. Ive wanted a beer a few times. Mostly in a hot day after mowing the lawn. It looks like i will be going a year or more in P1. I enjoy a cold bottle if beer but enjoy the weight loss even more.

0ojoyo0
05-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great OP day! I have a question that may be TMI. So just got over TOM and it fees like my body got knocked out of ketosis and is now going back. Anyone have this happen before, and do you think my hormones are causing this? I don't think I ate anything off plan, but now I'm getting those flu-like symptoms.

SoSo
05-18-2012, 10:18 PM
If anyone out there has any drink suggestions I would love to hear them, maybe just one a week?

patns
05-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted for awhile, but I read everyday to keep me motivated and keep my spirits up! All of you are doing so amazing, keep up the great work!

I'm getting close to my goal, getting a bit excited and nervous to go to the next phase. Have a great long weekend everyone!

Wow neighbour! You have done incredibly well.

WingnutandMe
05-18-2012, 10:45 PM
If anyone out there has any drink suggestions I would love to hear them, maybe just one a week?

Here. I posted these a few weeks ago. With all the newbies, it'll be like new.
Molly

SHAKE IT UP! Getting more from your shakes
1. Add up to 2 cups (16 oz / 450 milligrams) of water. It adds no extra calories and the taste doesn’t suffer. (Although for Cappuccino I use 1 3/4 cup for a stronger flavor) You will get about 3 big glasses vs. 1 and be very filling.

2. Make the shakes in a blender, not a shaker. The pulse creates much more volume and often creates a delicious froth of foam like an old thyme soda shop.

3. Add 3-5 large ice cubes to the blender to make a thicker, colder drink.

4. Pour yourself 1 glass and enjoy. Before pouring your next glass, pulse the remainder in the blender again to refresh for the perfect shake without separation of foam/drink.

5. Experiment with different flavors. I liked the chocolate so much I was hesitant to try anything else. But the fruit flavors blend up with much more volume and zing and taste like Orange Julius or Smoothies. I usually have a chocolate shake in the morning and a fruit flavored shake for night snack. Even the Pink Lemonade and Blueberry/Cranberry/Pomegranate drinks frothed up amazingly in the blender, so they felt like smoothies rather than a plain drink.

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
Pack of stevia or vanilla stevia to replace the vanilla and packet
3 ice cubes

6) Blend flavors.

Orange Chocolate: In a container with a sealable lid, pour in 1 package Orange Drink with 1 Package Chocolate. Pour half of the mix in the blender with 2 cups cold water. Add ice. (Save other half of mix for another day). So Amazing. My favorite blend.

Chocolate Coconut (Bounty/ Mounds): Mix 1 package of Chocolate with 1 package of Pina Colada (Note that the pineapple in the pina colada changes the flavor from a pure choco-coconut, but it’s still really good.

7. Try add ins. Some examples:
a) Chocolate: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of good Indian chili powder to make a spicy "Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate"
Gingerbread Chocolate: Add a pinch or two of gingerbread spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice)
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Add a pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)

b) Flavoring/ Extracts: Try a drop or two of flavored Stevia or other extracts to really change the tastes. Try the baking aisle of your grocery store, health stores, ebay or http://www.stevia.com/

Choco-Mint (add Peppermint Stevia/ Peppermint extract)
Rum Chocolate (add Rum extract)
Mint Julep: (Add Spearmint (or Peppermint) to Pink Lemonade)
Chocolate Orange (add Valencia Orange Stevia)
Raspberry Chocolate (add Chocolate Raspberry Stevia)
"Nutella" / "Geisha" Chocolate Hazelnut (add Hazelnut Stevia)
Chocolate Caramel (add English Toffee Stevia)
Chocolate Covered Apricot (add Apricot Nectar Stevia)
Chocolate Arrack (add Arraksarom - Arrack Extract)

vanilla pudding made as a drink with 2 tsp or so of peach mango powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt shaken with ice...tastes just like peach cobbler

marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Drink or Pudding
Water (up to 2 cups / 5 dl / 16oz to taste)
Optional: 1 packet Truvia, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)
2. Add in Spices (see below) and mix
3. Pour a portion into a microwave safe mug (3/4 full) and heat.

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you don’t want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
1. PULLA (Finnish Sweet Buns)
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract
Optional: Dash of cinnamon

3. GINGERBREAD
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding/ or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
IP Vanilla Pudding (can also use IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding)
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but it’s almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesn’t need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding / or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Peppermint extract

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chili (I use Indian chili powder)
Optional: Nutmeg or cardamom
(I don't use sweetener on this to keep the chocolate a bit bitter)

7. NUTELLA
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Da Vinci / Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
or
1 tsp Almond or Hazelnut extract

8. BOUNTY (Chocolate Coconut)
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp Orange extract (or 1-2 drops Valencia Orange Stevia liquid)

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
1 Package IP Vanilla Pudding
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
1 Package Sweetener (like Truvia/ Splenda)
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water
Optional: 1 oz milk (if you don’t use in your morning coffee)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add up to 2 cups cold water
2. If using the 1 oz milk, add that as well
3. Add in 2 tsp Root Beer Extract
4. Add 1 package sweetener.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and blend until they are crushed and the shake is thick.

Pudding Shake
5oz water
Pudding mix
2 tbls collagen
8 ice cubes

Holiday Eggnog IP Style (by the pitcher)
1 Packet Plain Egg Mix
1 Vanilla ReadyMade (cold)
8 oz of Water
20 drops Clear SweetLeaf Drops
1 Capful Rum Extract
1 Capful Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg to taste

Blend all above in a blender…Chill in fridge. Serve as is or top with sugar free whip cream and nutmeg. Will make a blender full.

Missblaak
05-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Raspberry jelly mix was awesome

Missblaak
05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Hi Barb! The first week is the hardest. You can do it!!!! I agree w wuv- make sure you read through the "fun w IP packets". Do you have any vanilla drink? My favorite thing is the vanilla w 6oz of decaf coffee over ice, w 1 splenda. Give it a try!!!

Hi, I am on my 3rd day as well. The drinks haven't been that bad to me. The pudding was ok as we'll. I don't know if skipping them is the best option however. I do wish you luck! We're the newbies! You gotta hang in there with me Chica...we got to get through this first week!:D

Hockeymom40
05-18-2012, 11:01 PM

That is the hardest part for me. I haven't had a drink since January 18th and you would think I would be used to it but I pretty much think about it every weekend. At least I can get thur the weekdays now. I can't wait till I am at goal. One thing I do know is I will never drink as much as I did before and that makes it worth while now.

Hockeymom40
05-18-2012, 11:05 PM
I hear you. Ive wanted a beer a few times. Mostly in a hot day after mowing the lawn. It looks like i will be going a year or more in P1. I enjoy a cold bottle if beer but enjoy the weight loss even more.

Glad to see others feel the same. I thought I was alone since know one has seem to mention this before

tink86
05-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm hoping that we all have an OP weekend! I purchased the new strawberry wafer at my clinic yesterday, it is insane how good it tastes:hun:

It reminds me of the wafer cookies we used to eat as kids. Glad I finally got my signature ticker, now I can feel like a big girl :D

Smooches!

I just got the new strawberry wafer too. I think it tastes too good. Did you notice it has real sugar in it??? No wonder it tastes so good. Sigh!
I am three days away from being done week 2 and I am hoping to stay on track this weekend. I really want this to work.

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone! Just checking in.

USMCVET~ Dude you get to go to the aquarium? >>> JEALOUS! We in South Dakota are not only landlocked, but damn near waterless!

I got my third charm tonight, and I am so proud and glad I'm sticking to this diet. Finding charms at the local hobby store is inexpensive and really rewarding. My "style" went from super over complicated last time (week 1 WI) and was horribly uncomfortable, then tonight I got a solid "bangle" with screwed on beads on the end and absolutely love it. And my bead this week? It was the only one left and I swear I've never seen it before:

Wonder Woman!

Bead #1: (K) ~ My name is Kara, this is to remind me anytime I forget that I am doing this for ME

Bead #2: (Teal gems in silver - 5 lbs) ~ I'm special and will be shiny and new, just like this bead.

Bead #3: (Wonder Woman) ~ Because I know I'm not a hero, but doing this diet makes me feel like I could do anything.
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper”" ~ Aristotle

And here it is, the new bracelet :)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/Charms/10lbCharm.jpg

tink86
05-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Thank you. What a great bunch of recipes

Hockeymom40
05-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Well....WI#17 today and I was up a half a pound. I don't let it get me down, thanks to all of your support and the knowledge and confidence I get from this forum. I KNOW I am losing weight as long as I am staying OP, it just didn't show on the scale at that moment... the body is such a fickle thing. I went to bed super (2am) late last night and was up super (6am) early and then was busy all morning- pressure spraying our Main Street for Main Street Clean-up. So, I didn't live my life around my WI.

Still completely dedicated and a loser! Still lost 1 inch and other #s went down as well!

Hmmm. It was my WI 17 this week and I was up . 5 too! First time without a loss.

WingnutandMe
05-18-2012, 11:15 PM

USMCVET~ Dude you get to go to the aquarium? >>> JEALOUS! We in South Dakota are not only landlocked, but damn near waterless!

I got my third charm tonight, and I am so proud and glad I'm sticking to this diet. Finding charms at the local hobby store is inexpensive and really rewarding. My "style" went from super over complicated last time (week 1 WI) and was horribly uncomfortable, then tonight I got a solid "bangle" with screwed on beads on the end and absolutely love it. And my bead this week? It was the only one left and I swear I've never seen it before:

Wonder Woman!

Bead #1: (K) ~ My name is Kara, this is to remind me anytime I forget that I am doing this for ME

Bead #2: (Teal gems in silver - 5 lbs) ~ I'm special and will be shiny and new, just like this bead.

Bead #3: (Wonder Woman) ~ Because I know I'm not a hero, but doing this diet makes me feel like I could do anything.
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper”" ~ Aristotle

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/Charms/10lbCharm.jpg

Wow, Kara, you're just too talented. Blogs, bracelets, motorcycles, being techy. You are such great motivation. :hug:
Molly

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Wow, Kara, you're just too talented. Blogs, bracelets, motorcycles, being techy. You are such great motivation. :hug:
Molly

Molly you totally made me blush!! The bracelets are easy and cheap, my mom is one of those larger than life types and I might take after her a tiny bit. She makes jewelry, from rings to necklaces to bracelets, scrapbooks, sews, cans stuff and makes jam/salsa/pickles etc. every summer, from her own garden btw, and is the director of an online learning system for a hospital that goes nationwide to 29,000 people. She kind of makes me look like a slacker! LoL!

You guys all motivate me so much, DH often gives me grief for being with my "mistress" (IP Forums) when we're laying in bed watching TV at night. Seeing all your success over all sorts of things, from weight to stress to family, reminds me that not all problems are the end of the world, and that if the problem wasn't hunger, then food wasn't the solution. :hug: to all of you guys :) :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

AHH Oh and I posted my photo of my motorcycle as my profile image :)

Kaypix
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Has anyone seen this series? I'm watching it tonight and it's really interesting. I don't know how much I totally agree with it but it is still interesting for me.

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 12:22 AM

Wonder Woman!

Great looking bracelet. We had to drive 4 hours to the aquarium in Boston.

lkp888
05-19-2012, 12:25 AM
. Wow neighbour! You have done incredibly well. Pat

Thank you so much Pat!!! :). I was going to ask you, where in Edmonton do they sell Walden Farms products? My sister and I are coming to Edmonton in June and I've been looking for a couple of things that I can't get at the stores around here. Have a great night Pat!

patns
05-19-2012, 12:27 AM
That is the hardest part for me. I haven't had a drink since January 18th and you would think I would be used to it but I pretty much think about it every weekend. At least I can get thur the weekdays now. I can't wait till I am at goal. One thing I do know is I will never drink as much as I did before and that makes it worth while now.

I thought that wine would be the first thing I would add back but I haven't had any yet. I think it would hit me very hard after not having any for months.
But I had to tell hubby to stop buying me grapes for a treat or to eat more of them himself. Once I start eating those little suckers I don't want to quit! So I don't think I should venture back to the wine soon.
Pat

patns
05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Thank you so much Pat!!! :). I was going to ask you, where in Edmonton do they sell Walden Farms products? My sister and I are coming to Edmonton in June and I've been looking for a couple of things that I can't get at the stores around here. Have a great night Pat!

When I started IP, 2Ride was so helpful in telling me where to find things in Edmonton. My favorite is Sweet Tweet in Millwoods. It has a great selection of WF products and also the DiVinci syrups.
It is on 50th St and I think 43rd Ave. It is just below the Whitemud and across from the Millwoods Golf Club. I'm not sure where else you can get them but this place is great.

Pat

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Well NSV. I got to bake cookies twice tonight :devil:

mooselover
05-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Has anyone seen this series? I'm watching it tonight and it's really interesting. I don't know how much I totally agree with it but it is still interesting for me.

I finished watching the series last night. I am glad I watced it. It was very sad and interesting. I found a few things I didn't agree with, but I do agree our nation has a problem and hope that the government fixes some of the huge problems they created. High Fructose Corn Syrup and feeding our cattle and other animals feed they aren't meant to eat.

I wish I could make my DD's watch this. But at 22 and 17 they don't really do what I want them to anymore :mad:

Trinique125
05-19-2012, 01:07 AM
When I started IP, 2Ride was so helpful in telling me where to find things in Edmonton. My favorite is Sweet Tweet in Millwoods. It has a great selection of WF products and also the DiVinci syrups.
It is on 50th St and I think 43rd Ave. It is just below the Whitemud and across from the Millwoods Golf Club. I'm not sure where else you can get them but this place is great.

Pat

Sweet Tweet closed down.

paulimapi
05-19-2012, 01:07 AM
lol today I attempted to make zuchinni chips, but failed. Some parts were burned, and the rest completely soft and mushy :/
Tomorrow I'm trying lower heat and more time.

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Baking cookies FTW!!! DH thinks we should bake some when he gets home from the bar, but my evil >.< grrr angry hormones are raging so I don't know if I'm feeling the urge to preheat the oven exactly. Thanks about my bracelet, it's simple but I'm surprisingly proud about it. LoL. The closest aquarium to me is the one in the Mall of America in Minneapolis, 5 hours away, so I guess it's kind of comparable.

I finished watching the series last night. I am glad I watced it. It was very sad and interesting. I found a few things I didn't agree with, but I do agree our nation has a problem and hope that the government fixes some of the huge problems they created. High Fructose Corn Syrup and feeding our cattle and other animals feed they aren't meant to eat.
I wish I could make my DD's watch this. But at 22 and 17 they don't really do what I want them to anymore :mad:
LoL ahh the good ol age of 17 *sigh* ;) We all knew what our mothers didn't, and could do no wrong, eh? I watched episodes 1 and 2 today, have to record 3/4 but think I'm not going to have a chance to do it this weekend, DH wants me to help him with organizing the garage tomorrow, then I'm using the box his hydraulic lift came in as my container garden, which I am legitimately excited about :) But I'm thinking tomorrow is pretty much all spent now.

lol today I attempted to make zuchinni chips, but failed. Some parts were burned, and the rest completely soft and mushy :/
Tomorrow I'm trying lower heat and more time.
I'm still trying to perfect those little chips, I'll get there someday!

Lace and Levis
05-19-2012, 01:37 AM

I read your comment to my hubby. Hubby's reply, wow, so if I join IP can week bake cookies twice every night? :rofl:

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 01:47 AM
I thought imitation crab contained sugars and carbs? When I was doing HCG, I was told I couldn't have it. Not to question "Mama WUV" because I do love all your posts!!!

That is exactly why I said watch the preservatives.....question me...I am not a coach or perfect by no means....lol

I need help.....My mom was rushed to the hospital tonight with the shakes, being pale, throwing up and having trouble breathing. Can each of you please pray that she is ok. I am not going home tonight because it is too late for me to get on the road alone (11:45pm) so my brother told me to stay put until they find out what is going on with her. Thanks in advance

lkp888
05-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Sending prayers for you and your mom Lisa. I hope everything is going to be ok. Big hugs.

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Sending prayers for you and your mom Lisa. I hope everything is going to be ok. Big hugs.

Thank you

paulimapi
05-19-2012, 02:36 AM
I need help.....My mom was rushed to the hospital tonight with the shakes, being pale, throwing up and having trouble breathing. Can each of you please pray that she is ok. I am not going home tonight because it is too late for me to get on the road alone (11:45pm) so my brother told me to stay put until they find out what is going on with her. Thanks in advance

Keeping her in my thoughts! I hope everything's okay! <3

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 04:54 AM
:hug:Prayers from Alaska running to you and yours!!:hug:

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 11:47 AM

She and you are both in my prayers!!:hug:

Zartas
05-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Good morning everyone!! I have WI this morning and of course I am 'blocked' and am pacing to get things moving along this morning. Funny enough I weigh myself every morning to gauge how well I am doing. In the AM it was 205.1, by 6pm, the scale said 210.1 - a 6lb difference in one day? This morning's number is lower but I only record the IP center weigh in so we will see what the master scale says.

Have a great day all!! :wave:
I really struggle with constipation as well. Not only do I feel bloated when I don't go for a few days, I have stomach pain. I always try to get the highest fiber veggies allowed, and I take novalax, sometimes up to 3 a night. I also take cleanse more sometimes. Usually that does not do it and I end up having to take exlax, which I hate to do as it causes lots of pain. Last week I bought that "holy crap" cereal - not sure if you have heard of it or not. Thought just by the name that is what I need! So it was a cheat, and it didn't help:(