Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/17/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/17/12

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wendywendy
05-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Just dropped in to say good morning. Actually feeling pretty good today, feel like i have tons of energy actually!!!. I have to say i'm really liking IP. I didn't think i was going to get past week 2 with all the headaches but this is week 3 and i've been headache free for 3 days now!!

I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.

Have a great OP day!!!

prettyone
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Good Morning All

Had a great WI yesterday. WI#4 I lost 4lbs which puts me at a total of 20lbs and 23.25 in in 4wks. THis program is awesome and I love it. Its been a VERY long time since I've seen consistent weight loss even with TOM. Stay postive and 100% OP. Enjoy your day!

mama21
05-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Well just weighed in at home and it looks like I am 4 or 5 pounds past my goal for today so with clothes I hope to hit 6#'s lost. Is it 10:40 yet!:dizzy:

Dakin
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Good morning I P family!

Wuv, it's always nice to see your smiling face first thing in the morning!
Pretty: nice WI! Congrats!
Wendy, so glad you're feeling well! IP will change your life.

Believe it or not, I'm wearing White jeans today!! (I usually clad myself in dowdy brown or black) getting so many compliments!
The coach supported my decision to move to P2 - so today I'll be having a different lunch and giving up a packet.

Wishing everyone a Truly Thrilling Thursday!!!

dizzyjean
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Prettyone- Great job!! I have my 3rd WI on Saturday, hope I continue to lose!
Make it a great day!

PEIslandGirl
05-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?

Dakin
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
USMC Vet - Your losses are amazing! Congrats!

Mama: Try to stay away from the scale every day. While on P1 it's better to just go by your coach's weigh in weekly. The body fluctuates every day, and even hour to hour. You'll drive yourself crazy if you persevere on it! lol

0ojoyo0
05-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All

Had a great WI yesterday. WI#4 I lost 4lbs which puts me at a total of 20lbs and 23.25 in in 4wks. THis program is awesome and I love it. Its been a VERY long time since I've seen consistent weight loss even with TOM. Stay postive and 100% OP. Enjoy your day!

Awesome! It's TOM for me as well, so that put a stall on my weight loss this week. But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's moving in the right direction again.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a few days. I guess TOM has made me anti-social. I've noticed so many little changes this week. Every day I feel my belly getting a little bit smaller. I just wish my hips/butt would budge! Lol, I guess that's just what goes with being pear shaped. I got my WF order in and I can't wait to play around. A couple days ago I made turnip fries-- not my favorite. But last night, I made cauliflower rice for a stir-fry dish. Yum! I was able to find low-carb teriyaki sauce on Netrition.com and it tasted just like regular teriyaki, so I'm a happy girl.

This diet is amazing! The first 10 days or so, it was really hard to stick to, but it gets easier every day. I can see myself doing this without much of a struggle until the weight is gone! Whew, guess I had a lot to say. Have a great OP day everyone!

shathom
05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning all.

Today is my WI #5, hope for a loss.

Wuv, as usual always glad to hear from you. :hug:
Wendy, keep up the good work. ;)
Pretty, GREAT WI, awesome.
Mama, stay off the scale, you can fluctuate daily.:dizzy:
USMC, hoorah, let's hope for a big #:carrot:
Dakin, step on out of your comfort zone with the white jeans, you are looking good :D
dizzy, hope you have a great WI:p

Whew, gotta get to work now, have a great OP day all.:smug:

Smooches!

Sewmam
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!!

Dropped off a bunch of stuff at Salvation Army yesterday and got some groceries. Seems like I live at the grocery store these days...

Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not! ;)

So, back to the porch today, full steam ahead. Maybe get started on the basement. Have a load of recycling in the truck for the next time I go into town. It still amazes me that in this day and age, the garbage haulers in rural areas do not take recycling.

Prettyone: congrats on your progress !!! You have such a lovely smile!
Wendy: most coaches say that egg whites are allowed, and some limit it to 2/day.
Mama21: It's probably just water or a bowel movement needed. Don't weigh yourself everyday - you'll drive yourself nuts! ;)
Vet: great photos- thank you for sharing them. I still haven't managed to remember to get photos uploaded...
Dakin: white jeans! oh boy!!! I haven't worn that kind of thing in years either, and though I know I could, now...I haven't had the courage! Good for you!!!

Welcome to the newbees!

Okay, now I really need to get my butt in gear, have my oatmeal and get to work!!! Hope you all have perfectly a splendiferous day!!!!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning I P family!

Wuv, it's always nice to see your smiling face first thing in the morning!
Wendy, so glad you're feeling well! IP will change your life.

Believe it or not, I'm wearing White jeans today!! (I usually clad myself in dowdy brown or black) getting so many compliments!
The coach supported my decision to move to P2 - so today I'll be having a different lunch and giving up a packet.

Phase two Way to go Teach! I look forward to P2 some time in early 2013 ;)

Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?

Ahh you have taken back your closet, that is Sweet. I love finding new old clothes. I still have quite a few hold outs in my clothes, but they're getting less and less and the too big now outnumbers the too small.

Please do not stress over a pound or several pound fluctuation from day to day. It could be water retention or just that your body has not had a chance to get rid of everything you had to eat over the last day or so. The scale is now your friend. If you keep working this program you will loose steadily.

Prettyone!!!

You got rid of that tire you wanted to! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I knew you would do it. And 23.25 inches lost is wonderful. I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.
Good Morning All

Cadu
05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.
Have a great OP day!!!

My coach allows me 2 free egg whites a day..

Good Morning All

Whooo hoooo pretty. congrats!!!!!

Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.

Mama you lost 7.5 no other WI's count till your offical weigh in day. Congrats!

Well just weighed in at home and it looks like I am 4 or 5 pounds past my goal for today so with clothes I hope to hit 6#'s lost. Is it 10:40 yet!:dizzy:

You are rocking this program vet. way to go bud.

Good morning I P family!

So glad you can move on to P2. I know you were struggling with that. wear them white jeans and wear them proud.

Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!!

Congrats on the loss and the nice surprise you found in your closet.

Good Morning everybody
What great news on here this morning
It is a beautiful morning. I am gearing up for a busy day. I will be staining my pool deck. This will be the last big job I have for summer. YAY!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Cadu
05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Hope you all have perfectly a splendiferous day!!!!

You sound like you are in a GREAT mood. whooo hooooooo

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Okay I'm getting ready to leave for the day. I hope you all have an awesome OP day. FYI: If the scale does not cooperate today I may start stripping down and scaring everyone else out of the clinic. If you hear screams of horror and giggles you know why.

reneepw
05-17-2012, 09:05 AM
i didn't know about the 2 free egg whites - that's great news!
I'm just here to say good morning - here in eastern PA, near Philly , we woke to an absolutely beautiful blue sky breezy day. I wanted to share that yesterday I went on a field trip with my son's class to Independence hall and the constitution center in Philly. 1.5 mile walking tour got me some good exercise; i got to 'relearn' some American history AND - i am proud to say i AVOIDED the philly soft pretzels! I 'felt' all of you with me. I love love love soft pretzels, but I bought one for my son and got myself a bottle of water only. We had a box lunch; I ate the grilled chicken and lettuce/tomato and gave the roll to my boy, along with the chips and cookie. It felt good. Thanks for being here!
Renee

Cole3
05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
So I had WI #5 yesterday and I am down another 3.5 pounds ... bringing me to 20 pounds total !!! Yay!!! I can't even say I wish I wish I was losing faster because I am just SO happy I am losing. Whatever it is I'll take it!

Skinnyminny26
05-17-2012, 09:29 AM
WI is Saturday, not sure how great it'll be since I've had to remain sedentary this week because of these shingles and pain. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and get back to walking and exercising. Need to work on my water intake too...congrats to everyone on the WI and to finding old new clothes....what a great feeling!!!

cmk33
05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
[quote=Sewmam;4336500]
Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not!

Sewmam...I don't post much, but read everyday and I really look forward to your posts! No matter what you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on, keeping on! I really admire that. Thank you for my daily inspiration!

prettyone
05-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks Dakin, have a good day.

Prettyone- Great job!! I have my 3rd WI on Saturday, hope I continue to lose! Make it a great day!
Thanks Dizzyjean, good luck on your WI.

Awesome! It's TOM for me as well, so that put a stall on my weight loss this week. But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's moving in the right direction again.
Thanks Oojoy I was surprised to see that the week before and the week on I actually lost.

Thanks shathom

Dropped off a bunch of stuff at Salvation Army yesterday and got some groceries. Seems like I live at the grocery store these days...

Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not! ;)

So, back to the porch today, full steam ahead. Maybe get started on the basement. Have a load of recycling in the truck for the next time I go into town. It still amazes me that in this day and age, the garbage haulers in rural areas do not take recycling.

Prettyone: congrats on your progress !!! You have such a lovely smile!

Thanks Sewmam. Smiling is something I do without knowing. Life makes me smile.:D I feel the same way Im going to the store more and more but the weight is dropping so Im not complaining.

Prettyone!!!

You got rid of that tire you wanted to! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I knew you would do it. And 23.25 inches lost is wonderful. I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.
Thanks usmcvet. Yes I did and I even did a lil dance for my coach lol.:broc:

Whooo hoooo pretty. congrats!!!!! .
Thanks Cadu. Thanks to your post the other day I've been doing much better with measuring my veggies.

Tripmama
05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Morning,
Can I just say how much I love to grill! Last night I grilled a pork tenderloin and turnip and rutabaga fries yummy. All is going well on IP lovin' being a loser.

NOVAScents
05-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Does the "I'm always snacky" feeling EVER go away? I've been IP for two weeks and I really feel like I'm going crazy every day because I can't stop feeling snacky. Yesterday was horrible for it and I ate SO much lettuce I think I'm going to turn into a head of romaine. :dizzy:

Please, please, please tell me it will pass soon.

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning,
Morning Mama21: So our bodies can fluctuate easily a pound or more on a given day, so don't let it get you down. Actually, they say it's better to not weigh daily. I am at this point but I'm also noting whether I exercise, what I eat for dinner, whether I eat a restricted etc. to look for trends and patterns. I was up 1.6 pounds on Tuesday this week (WI is Monday) and I didn't let it get to me, just noted what I had eaten on Monday and worked out a little "extra" (I mowed the lawn for 45 minutes+walked my 2 miles). Use the numbers as a guide IF YOU MUST WEIGH DAILY, but don't let them rule you, especially when your body is still acclimating to this new style of energy. Oh, and if you had a little extra salt any time in the evening, you'll retain water sometimes and THAT can add on extra weight for sure.

Have a great OP day!!!
I hear some people use egg whites in place of a packet once and a while, but otherwise I think it is ... 2 or 3 whole eggs for your "dinner" protein portion? I forget as I'm technically not on IP. "Poultry: (skinless)Chicken,Fowl,Quails,Turkey,(2)WholeEggs, WildBirds" from one of the IP Phase I sheets, not sure how old it is, Wuv might have a more up to date sheet or one of the other folks here.

I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?
PEIslandGirl: I notice we are the same height (in theory). Do you know if you are a "small" or "medium" build? I don't think I've ever been a 4/6 in my life, but if getting to 140 (current goal 135, might change as I get closer) would get me from the size I am now (14ish) to a 6, I'd do a happy dance. I'm a medium frame (did the wrist measurement thing) with "child bearing hips" lol

Kind of creepy, TOM crept up on me early this month too, plus the DAILY spotting I've had this whole freaking time (gah!!!) Actually had cramps this morning, but the scale said -2.2 lbs from yesterday, so I'll suffer the cramps and call it strength building ;)

Samba
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Good morning all!! I haven't stepped out, but It looks beautiful outside.

My youngest son is here for a visit. He is 23. It is so great to have him here a couple of days!! I will be busy visiting with him today.

Lost 1.6 lbs this week. I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today!

Hope everyone finds joy along the way today! We all deserve it!

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning. Last ... um... 4 mornings I've had my scoop of shake stuff in hot coffee or made it into a frappuccino. Today was the first day I didn't use the blender, and I'll admit, I like the blender more! It turns out sooo good and foamy foamy fun-ness, how can I go wrong with that right? Even without the ice it's cool to make it be foamy and add to coffee and have the coffee feel like a latte (as opposed to frappuccino)

Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I found out I'm down 2.2 lbs from yesterday (thinking maybe C visited me Tuesday from Monday's debauchery, and didn't leave til AFTER weigh in yesterday). I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... ;) lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. Also, DH took the wheels off my motorcycle tonight and is taking them down to get the tires replaced (tires were 5 years old, that's dangerous on a sport bike), so as of tomorrow, I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!! Haven't ridden since LAST september and oh my gosh I totally have "the itch"!

So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM

My youngest son is here for a visit. He is 23. It is so great to have him here a couple of days!! I will be busy visiting with him today.

Lost 1.6 lbs this week. I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today!

Haha, your son is the same age as one of our "adopted" kids. He's 22 (or will be soon), me and DH are 27/29 respectively but he acts like he's 12 (the friend, not DH) so we call him our kid. 1.6 LBS is still a great loss, and you're within like 20 pounds of goal, so loss might slow down. Still though, 1.6 is a good number, better than a + or a 0 :)

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
WI is Saturday, not sure how great it'll be since I've had to remain sedentary this week because of these shingles and pain. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and get back to walking and exercising. Need to work on my water intake too...congrats to everyone on the WI and to finding old new clothes....what a great feeling!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon, too! Good luck Saturday! :getwell:

So I had WI #5 yesterday and I am down another 3.5 pounds ... bringing me to 20 pounds total !!! Yay!!! I can't even say I wish I wish I was losing faster because I am just SO happy I am losing. Whatever it is I'll take it!

I love your attitude and your weight loss!! You are doing great!!:broc:

i didn't know about the 2 free egg whites - that's great news!
I'm just here to say good morning - here in eastern PA, near Philly , we woke to an absolutely beautiful blue sky breezy day. I wanted to share that yesterday I went on a field trip with my son's class to Independence hall and the constitution center in Philly. 1.5 mile walking tour got me some good exercise; i got to 'relearn' some American history AND - i am proud to say i AVOIDED the philly soft pretzels! I 'felt' all of you with me. I love love love soft pretzels, but I bought one for my son and got myself a bottle of water only. We had a box lunch; I ate the grilled chicken and lettuce/tomato and gave the roll to my boy, along with the chips and cookie. It felt good. Thanks for being here!
Renee

Sounds like a fun field trip!! Good for you excersizing your will power so well! You deserve a cheer! :cheer2::cheer2:

Okay I'm getting ready to leave for the day. I hope you all have an awesome OP day. FYI: If the scale does not cooperate today I may start stripping down and scaring everyone else out of the clinic. If you hear screams of horror and giggles you know why.

Now that really would be funny; but I am afraid they would cart you off to jail!!lol Oh, that's right you're the police chief!!:yikes: Hope your scale reads well with clothes on :goodscale

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM

I like your attitude!! It is hard not to want more but you are right we just need to be contented with what is. I wish I was losing faster but have to just be thankful that the scales are going down instead of up!!;)

I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning. Last ... um... 4 mornings I've had my scoop of shake stuff in hot coffee or made it into a frappuccino. Today was the first day I didn't use the blender, and I'll admit, I like the blender more! It turns out sooo good and foamy foamy fun-ness, how can I go wrong with that right? Even without the ice it's cool to make it be foamy and add to coffee and have the coffee feel like a latte (as opposed to frappuccino)

Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I found out I'm down 2.2 lbs from yesterday (thinking maybe C visited me Tuesday from Monday's debauchery, and didn't leave til AFTER weigh in yesterday). I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... ;) lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. Also, DH took the wheels off my motorcycle tonight and is taking them down to get the tires replaced (tires were 5 years old, that's dangerous on a sport bike), so as of tomorrow, I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!! Haven't ridden since LAST september and oh my gosh I totally have "the itch"!

So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!

Have fun on that bike (if it works out). I too used to ride when I was younger, it started out off road trail bikes to Harley road riding with my ex. He used to flat track race so we went all over the US racing for a number of years. I love the smell of Castrol motoroil and the throaty purr of a big twin Harely. :bike:

staceyjblack
05-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone! Happy thursday!

I am so excited for today- I am getting my hair cut and colored for the first time since on IP. I feel like its my mini-makeover!! I actually think I am going to hit my goal this week (I sneak peeked at my scaled and got butterflies).

After the cut/color I am doing a hair trial for my wedding!

Gah so exciting!!!!! I am in such a good mood and hope some of this will rub off on everyone else here!!! :)

Dakin
05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Darralyn, I don't know if you saw my response to you on the 'You know you love IP" post the other night, but your new photo is nice! You have such a beautiful smile.
Stacy, do you have pics? I'd love to see your before and after - especially with your new "do"

CkM
Good Morning everyone. I hope that everyone is enjoying this great weather :) I know I am. I go back to MN next weekend for a long weekend to spend it with my hubby and neighbors. Other than my husband, I haven't seen my neighbors since March! I hoping to have about 15 pounds gone total by next weekend! I am at 9 right now... hopefully I can meet the 3 a week for this week and next :)

Congrats to everyone on their WI's today! I love reading everyones posts and encouragement! Have a great OP day!

staceyjblack
Does the "I'm always snacky" feeling EVER go away? I've been IP for two weeks and I really feel like I'm going crazy every day because I can't stop feeling snacky. Yesterday was horrible for it and I ate SO much lettuce I think I'm going to turn into a head of romaine. :dizzy:

For me it did! I was a constant snacker. It took about 4 weeks of sheer will power ti get through it. I also decided to take one of my four cups of veggies out of a meal and make a snack of it. I've made zucchini chips, turnip fries, kale chips. I keep those on hand for when I am feeling snacky and if by the end of the day I haven't had them all in snack form, I add them to my evening meal.

I hope that helps!!!

staceyjblack
05-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Darralyn, I don't know if you saw my response to you on the 'You know you love IP" post the other night, but your new photo is nice! You have such a beautiful smile.
Stacy, do you have pics? I'd love to see your before and after - especially with your new "do"

I will look around for a before pic. My coach has one, but I never liked to be in pictures at my heaviest... Im sure you all know the feeling. I used to be the one to jump up and offer to take it.

NOT ANYMORE! I can't get into the middle of a pic fast enough hahaah:carrot:

Chloe222
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Lace & Levis,
I just caught up reading yesterday's thread. I am so sorry for all of your losses (except the weight loss, of course). I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, am a foster family for dogs, also lost a number of siblings who were relatively young in life, know the pain you speak of...my thoughts are with you as you work through this pain.

Samba
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM

I did find the snackiness got better. It took some time to get the metabolic switch going well! Once my body adjusted, it was easier.

Fir myself, there are still things that trigger my old snacky cravings. Feeling tired or stressed is a big one for me! All those years of eating response...*sigh*. The trigger just automatically happens. I have to have a plan for alternate things to do when the cravings or desure to snack happen. Having a plan of different things to do in response really helps!

staceyjblack
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
@Dakin I just added a before pic to my signature. It was at my birthday last year- I was 190.

I will take a photo tonight and post it!!!!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 10:49 AM

Good news about the bike. Awesome news about being assertive/confident. "Cookies" are an awesome reward! I know I've changed gears with my weight loss and wanted to bake more. My partner still isn't very interested.

salmongirl
05-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Stacy, way to go! Goal! Yeah you! I think a little cut and color makes a woman happy!

Samba, I also loose at a slow and steady pace but we are loosing! If I have a big week it is followed by a small one. But we are loosing and I don't feel like it has taken that long in hindsite. Just keep going, we will get there!

I hope everyone else has a great day. It is good to be a looser.

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Thank you Dakin, you are always so kind! :hug:

atho128
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
WI #3 this morning and down another 2.8 pounds!! woohoo!! Hoping for a big loss next week. I'm gonna set me goal at 4 pounds. I'm 133.8 right now, and I would am just itching to get into the 120s. I would just die if I'm under 130 next week! But if not, no worries! I'm sure if not next week it will happen the week after that! Which is why I love this diet!

Lynnie63
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
WI#6 last night - down 2.8 for a total of 21.8!! yipee.

My jeans are falling down, gotta go buy a belt!

amyjaelou
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, 4 months, 15 weigh in's, and 43 pounds later... I met my goal this morning at my weigh-in! I am so excited. I've been reading all of the information on the phase 3, and will probably start that Saturday (need to go shopping!), and also getting my hands wrapped around Phase 4. I am so thankful for this website, it has been a tremendous help to me. Here are my before and after pics.

MustangMolly
05-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Good morning,

Mama, if you can do it--stay off the scale until your official WI. It can drive you crazy!!!!

WI#6 last night - down 2.8 for a total of 21.8!! yipee.

My jeans are falling down, gotta go buy a belt!

Way to go, Lynnie, isn't that a great feeling?!?!?!

staceyjblack
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Well, 4 months, 15 weigh in's, and 43 pounds later... I met my goal this morning at my weigh-in! I am so excited. I've been reading all of the information on the phase 3, and will probably start that Saturday (need to go shopping!), and also getting my hands wrapped around Phase 4. I am so thankful for this website, it has been a tremendous help to me. Here are my before and after pics.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be joining you there next week!

IPdivajen
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Congrats!! You look great!!! :)

cass2ander
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
ok... So the buyproteinfood.com link doesn't work.... then they sent me the http://shopforprotein.com that doesn't work....

Anyone know whats going on? OR am i a computer tard today...

Thanks

Cassie

PSSS

Yet.... when I hit the URL fron this site is sends me there.... strange. Anyone else having a problem????

IPdivajen
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Such a happy place here today - love it!

I'm so excited for the long weekend. No huge plans, just need a long weekend desperately!

And today was quite neat. A friend and colleague who left a year plus ago came in today for a visit and he was blown away when he saw me. Made my day!!!

evepet
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.

What a great NSV. :)

Ahh... shingles. I know that is very painful. Hope you feel better soon.

I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today! Hope everyone finds joy along the way today! We all deserve it!

That should be my creed as well. I think this process is teaching me to be patient and trust the process.

Yup... you're awake.. and hyper! :D It sounds like you're having a splendiferous day... and with your bike soon to be back in action, you'll be off! Congrats too on your new assertiveness. I'll have to try your 'blender coffee w chocolate drink' idea. I've been drinking decaf - or before that a blend of half decaf/half caf for so long I'm not sure what would happen to me if I loaded up on fully caffeinated. :dizzy:

Hey everyone! Happy thursday!

I am so excited for today- I am getting my hair cut and colored for the first time since on IP. I feel like its my mini-makeover!! I actually think I am going to hit my goal this week (I sneak peeked at my scaled and got butterflies). After the cut/color I am doing a hair trial for my wedding!
Gah so exciting!!!!! I am in such a good mood and hope some of this will rub off on everyone else here!!! :)

Maybe you'll post a picture of you with your new hair cut & color? And a wedding coming up.... now that's a good incentive. :)

Good news about the bike. Awesome news about being assertive/confident. "Cookies" are an awesome reward! I know I've changed gears with my weight loss and wanted to bake more. My partner still isn't very interested.

This talk about 'cookies' reminds me that I recently read in one of the diet-related books I've been reading that 'making cookies' is a very good thing to do to promote weight loss. It triggers a hormone in our brain which makes us feel good (duh.. I think we all know that)... and relieves our stress. It also uses up more calories than just 'resting' - depending on how energetically you 'make cookies' you could use up quite a few calories. So we should all get down to 'making cookies' more frequently. :)

Samba, I also loose at a slow and steady pace but we are loosing! If I have a big week it is followed by a small one. But we are loosing and I don't feel like it has taken that long in hindsite. Just keep going, we will get there! It is good to be a looser.

I've also been in the 'slow and steady club' for the last 4 weeks or so. But it's coming off - that's the important thing.

Congrats too to everyone who posted earlier, about their individual weight losses and NSVs... it's wonderful to see so many people so successful and motivated here. I am so grateful I found this forum, and through it - all of you! :D:D:hug:

-------------

Morning everyone. It's an absolutely gorgeous morning in Central Ontario, Canada. This after an unexpectedly cold night - went down to 4 degrees Fahrenheit... I was concerned about the flowers I'd just planted in my 'over the balcony railing' containers, so to be on the safe side brought those in last night. I spent a bundle on plants this year and don't want to have to replace them! But they're all happily outside on the balcony again, enjoying the eastern sunshine exposure and a good watering. I'm now trying to figure out what veggies to grow... I bought a jalapeno pepper plant, and a regular pepper plant, and I got seeds for spinach, regular green loose-leaf lettuce, and green onions. Also I need to find some starter runner bean plants or a packet of seeds to sow asap. I have some scarlett runner bean seeds which I'll plant just a few of for the flower colour factor.. I've typically grown a few of them for the past few years because they grow quickly and make a great privacy screen on trellises at both ends of my balcony...but I don't particularly like them as a veggie. I also want to get some radish seeds. And I need to get some cilantro starter plants as well asap - another trip to the garden centre is required I think - probably later today. (I'm not getting much other than gardening done this week... good thing I have a flexible schedule. LOL) When I was there this past Monday evening, I picked up small starter plants for several herbs and have planted them into a herb garden... two varieties of parsley, plus coriander, dill, thyme, chives, and sweet basil. I think I'll buy a couple of plants of cilantro though and have more of it by itself in it's own pot, as it's used in a lot of recipes (think home made salsa) that I want to try. I like the idea of having my own fresh supply right on my balcony. :smug:

I've been watching YouTube videos about growing veggies in containers, etc., and it's amazing how much you can grow in just one big container. I've left my two big 24" inch diameter containers empty so far - just have the soil ready for planting - they're about 18" deep and each have a water reservoir in them to help with keeping the contents at a stable water level. Excellent for beans, tomatoes, peppers, etc. And I need to get still another big round container, but less deep to use for my salad veggie planter - lettuce/spinach - those don't have deep roots and anything with about a 8" depth will work just fine. I have another 2 containers that are 8" square and about 8" deep that will be ok for radishes and the green onions I think. Some of this will definitely be experimental, even though I'm learning quite a bit through the YouTube videos and veggie gardening websites. This is turning into a fun hobby - but it's taking a lot of my time - and energy! :) As you can all tell I'm sure from reading this, I'd far rather be doing this than most others things right now... LOL. It's addictive - much like this forum. And once everything is planted/sowed, I'll just have to water and feed regularly... and sit back and wait and watch the stuff grow. More patience and trust called for!

I'm going to 'cheat' today. :o After eating my bar yesterday and drinking more water, etc., I was curious and weighed myself this morning... and I'm down by -1.4 pounds from my 0.6 loss I reported yesterday. So since I do my own WIs at home... I'm going to make an 'executive decision' and use this one as my 'official' Week 7 WI. It will motivate me, seeing that ticker move. So that's my 'cheat' for today. Giving myself 'official credit' for a 2 lb weight loss from last Wednesday, bringing me today to 192.4 lbs.

Cheers to everyone. Have a great day. :carrot:

Sorry this turned into such a long missive... I got a little carried away with my garden talk.

michellerj
05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Month two of the program for me, but day two of being 100% (All the cheat days for the past month are behind me and I am only looking forward from here on out.) I did introductions yesterday and admitted I was ready to quit the program until I found this forum. I'm so excited to start fresh and new with a support system!

NSV: Before I started the program, I bagged up all my years of too small clothes to give to charity. Fortunately, I am a procrastinator and never got around to dropping them off. I needed a smaller pair of jeans today, dug the bag out of my utility room and found that most of those clothes fit!! (A little snug around the waist, but they fit!!)

Michelle

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar081/slider-scaleblue/lb/173/130/156/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Goal 1: Drop below 160 so Iím in the 150ís: Reached 4/12/12
Goal 2: Fit into my favorite pair of dress pants that have been in my closet untouched for over two years: Reached 4/18/12 (As of 5/17/12 they were getting loose!!)
Goal 3: Twenty pound loss.
Goal 4: Hit the 130ís
Goal 5: Final goalóforty three pound loss.

rvingprincess
05-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Dropped another 2.8 lbs. last night for a grand total of 20lbs. in 4 weeks. :carrot: Ya Hoo!!!! Also a co-worker asked me if I had lost weight as she said I was looking skinnier, Ya people are really starting to notice. I didn't have time this morning to read all the posts, but will catch up later I just wanted to post my loss. I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Caren

evepet
05-17-2012, 11:54 AM
ok... So the buyproteinfood.com link doesn't work.... then they sent me the http://shopforprotein.com that doesn't work....

Anyone know whats going on? OR am i a computer tard today...

Thanks

Cassie

PSSS

Yet.... when I hit the URL fron this site is sends me there.... strange. Anyone else having a problem????

http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?

This is the correct link. It says it's "undergoing maintenance". Will probably soon be back in operation.

healthmatters
05-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Good morning from a chilly central Alberta, Canada.
I see everyone is very positive today... thanks for that!
I want to tell you about two books that are helping me understand
the insuling / hormone/ pancreas thing. I am not diabetic, but this book is
a great read for anyone: "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress. Also, "Why we get fat, and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes.
Keep on keeping on everyone!!

evepet
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Such a happy place here today - love it!

I'm so excited for the long weekend. No huge plans, just need a long weekend desperately!

And today was quite neat. A friend and colleague who left a year plus ago came in today for a visit and he was blown away when he saw me. Made my day!!!

Your post made me remember that I'd been meaning to comment on your new pictures. It's SO obvious now that you've lost a chunk of weight... you're slimming down right before our eyes - looking so good. ! No wonder your friend was blown away. :hug: And like you, I am looking forward to the long weekend. (Even though I've done more gardening than 'work' these past couple of days). I'll use that time to finalize my gardening plans and actually get my seeding done.

rvingprincess
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Good morning,

Don't fret your body fluctuates from day to day, and throughout the day with the water weight. So if you are going to weigh yourself everyday you have to keep this in mind, tomorrow you may step on the scale and be down 3lbs., so as long as you are following the plan the weight will come off.

evepet
05-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Good morning from a chilly central Alberta, Canada.
I see everyone is very positive today... thanks for that!
I want to tell you about two books that are helping me understand
the insuling / hormone/ pancreas thing. I am not diabetic, but this book is
a great read for anyone: "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress. Also, "Why we get fat, and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes.
Keep on keeping on everyone!!

I also read Gary Taubes book recently and thoroughly recommend it. I must check out 'The Diabetes Miracle'. Thanks for the suggestion. Another good one I recently finished is 'The Carb Sensitivity Program' by Dr. Natasha Turner. And if you haven't read 'Protein Power' by Dr. Michael Eades. All of these very much in tune with IP, and imo reading them helps to reinforce what we're all doing here.

mooselover
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, such great posts today. I love it!!! I am going shopping for our camping/boating trip this weekend. Have to buy myself a pair of hip waders. I am happy to report my size 12 pants (that I've only been wearing for a few weeks) are baggy all over. I only have 1 pair of size 10 pants. Guess I will wear baggy clothes for a while :) I LOVE IP!!!

Andie0606
05-17-2012, 01:13 PM
http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?

This is the correct link. It says it's "undergoing maintenance". Will probably soon be back in operation.

Daisy from the Protein Store emailed me this link; it is now their email address.

http://shopforprotein.com

Tripmama
05-17-2012, 01:30 PM
So, I thought I could get away with wearing my yoga pants grooming, just one more time. This will have to be the LAST time because literally they are falling off. NSV for shizzle. I think I might go from XXL to L in this style of pants, hate to spend any $$ on clothes now that I am burning through the sizes. Looking forward to volleyball tonight. Keep Losing with me!

auroragrl
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Good morning,

Scales are dangerous! :) Weight will naturally fluctuate some - my coach always says your loss come 1 or 2 days before weigh in. Did you drink enough water yesterday? Don't panic - stay consistent and you can do it!!

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Good morning,
This is EXACTLY why we say don't get on the scale daily....your body does crazy stuff. I have challenged a few people to stay off of the scale for 2 weeks and ONLY get on at their WI's and then they are surprised and NOT STRESSED because of the DAILY numbers. If you are following the program then there is no need to "check" to see if you are losing because YOU ARE, if not in weight, you are in inches. TRUST the program it works!!

Congrats to you and all of your hard work. You look amazing and very happy. I wish you continued success in Maintenance:hug:

Good morning everyone, AMAZING weigh in's this morning being reported, make sure you are posting them in the Spring challenge spreadsheet. Its great to see all of the losses there. Its a sunny day here in the southern state of Mississippi so it should be a good day to take the beach route when taking the passengers back to the airport to go back to Kansas!...Have a wonderful day everyone!

auroragrl
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM

Are you drinking enough water? That is huge for me. Also my snacky feeling was because of my poor habits that I had allowed myself to get into. It does get better!:)

LizRR
05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Howdy IPeeps! It's been getting hotter and hotter here in Plano, TX - I usually take my 22-month old son to the park every day at ~4:30/5ish, but it's been steadily pushed later and later. We are now heading out at ~6pm! Luckily it's still nice out at that time, but I have a feeling we will be mall walking if it gets any hotter. We can't leave any later or dinner time would be too big a crunch. We live next to a beautiful creekside jogging trail with our favorite shady park he usually has to himself, at least the mall by our house has a new play area he can enjoy. It's way easier to just go out the front door to the trail and walk, I'll just have to get a new routine going since it is going to get HOT UP IN HERE!

So, I occasionally weigh myself at home to keep myself honest, I'm not very emotional about daily fluctuations, but I was at a "stall" the past 10 days or so where I had no losses. I knew that TOM was going to be a factor and I've been expecting some type of slowdown as the weeks went by so I wasn't too surprised. But then this morning I woke up to a -1.6lb loss on my home scale - we'll see what tomorrow at 1pm brings at my "official" weigh-in. I'm a little relieved though - only because my home scale was stuck at EXACTLY 170.0 for 10 days and honestly, I've been waiting to see a 160-something number, even if it was at home - since I haven't seen that decade since my wedding (my "smallest" size ever, which didn't last too long). Seeing 168.4 this morning was internally satisfying - although I know I won't be reporting that "officially"...at least not yet...that's the beauty of IP - I know I just need to stick to my sheet and good things will come!

auroragrl
05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
2nd WI: Lost 4 pounds, and 4 more inches! 12 weeks and 12 inches! Yeah! Happy Dance!!!!!:carrot:

Way to go! And. . . . you look beautiful.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be joining you there next week!

Keep going! You look great!

auroragrl
05-17-2012, 01:48 PM
WHOAAAAAAA - lots of space in that one - Sorry!!!

mama21
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I really love this site. Its nice to know I'm not alone on this journey. :)

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Snapbucket/2680A860-orig.png

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!

Dakin
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome to a new century on the scale!!!
Awesome job!

LizRR
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM

Well, to be honest it took me about 3 weeks to get over my snack attacks. Some of it for me was in my head and another part was getting into a proper eating schedule and figuring out the right strategies because I was still hungry when I stuck to the straight bfast-IP/lunch-IP+2c veggies/dinner-8oz protein+2c veggies/snack-IP.

It wasn't until week 3/4 when "the routine" finally set in and I didn't have to think about it all the time. It's good you are using your "free lettuce" to help fill up the need. Think about when/why you are getting "snacky" and work on figuring out some strategies so you can stay strong and do this in the long haul.

Are you feeling truly hungry or is it in your head? Is it at a certain time, do you need a bigger breakfast or snack? Don't be afraid to shuffle some of the items to fit your bodies needs since we all have different schedules, rhythms, etc. Just make sure you have 3 IP packets, 4 cups veggies, 8 oz protein, and your required supplements, oil, & salt every day.

For me I find that splitting up my 4 cups veggies through all 4 meals in the day helped me out. I also have my dinner last, instead of my snack. It fits in better with my schedule and along with a nightly hot cup of tea I no longer feel the need to snack late into the night. Some folks also split up some of their 8oz protein between lunch & dinner.

The first 2 weeks I took advantage of the "2 free egg whites/day" at breakfast because I was still feeling hungry (now I "indulge" in 2 egg whites/day on the weekends as a treat - Crispy Cereal Pancakes!).

Go through your food journal, and try noting some of your hungry snackie attackies. With a little time and a few tweaks you will be smooth sailing! Just make it through these first few weeks! You are doing great!!!!

kmstacy
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Congrats!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome to a new century on the scale!!!
Awesome job!

Thanks Teach! :hug: I really appreciate all of the great information and the wonderful support I get here. I actually posted here before telling anyone else.:carrot:

NOVAScents
05-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Can someone tell me- I've been looking through a lot of the recipes and a bunch of them use two packets of IP. So I'm assuming you split it and make it two portions, right?

NOVAScents
05-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Are you drinking enough water? That is huge for me. Also my snacky feeling was because of my poor habits that I had allowed myself to get into. It does get better!:)

Oh yes, lots and lots of water. About 5-6L a day.

0ojoyo0
05-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!

AWESOME!!! Good for you!

NOVAScents
05-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Well, to be honest it took me about 3 weeks to get over my snack attacks. Some of it for me was in my head and another part was getting into a proper eating schedule and figuring out the right strategies because I was still hungry when I stuck to the straight bfast-IP/lunch-IP+2c veggies/dinner-8oz protein+2c veggies/snack-IP.

It wasn't until week 3/4 when "the routine" finally set in and I didn't have to think about it all the time. It's good you are using your "free lettuce" to help fill up the need. Think about when/why you are getting "snacky" and work on figuring out some strategies so you can stay strong and do this in the long haul.

Are you feeling truly hungry or is it in your head? Is it at a certain time, do you need a bigger breakfast or snack? Don't be afraid to shuffle some of the items to fit your bodies needs since we all have different schedules, rhythms, etc. Just make sure you have 3 IP packets, 4 cups veggies, 8 oz protein, and your required supplements, oil, & salt every day.

For me I find that splitting up my 4 cups veggies through all 4 meals in the day helped me out. I also have my dinner last, instead of my snack. It fits in better with my schedule and along with a nightly hot cup of tea I no longer feel the need to snack late into the night. Some folks also split up some of their 8oz protein between lunch & dinner.

The first 2 weeks I took advantage of the "2 free egg whites/day" at breakfast because I was still feeling hungry (now I "indulge" in 2 egg whites/day on the weekends as a treat - Crispy Cereal Pancakes!).

Go through your food journal, and try noting some of your hungry snackie attackies. With a little time and a few tweaks you will be smooth sailing! Just make it through these first few weeks! You are doing great!!!!

Breakfast I'm good and I'm usually fine until Lunch. From Lunch until dinner I cannot stop thinking about eating. For instance, today, I ate chili with 1c bell peppers and garlic. Then about 30 minutes later I had a salad with oil/salt/dash. I couldn't shake the snacky, so I drank an EAS shake. I'll probably have another cup of veggies around 2/2:30 and dinner is going to be around 7 tonight and a snack at 8.

Maybe I have too long of a break between meals... not sure. I know its in my head, because I'm really NOT hungry, but I just want to eat. Just keep swimming... right?

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Cadu: Quote. So sorry for all your losses, I can so understand the wanting to eat comfort food during times like this. But if you can get through this without going off plan, you know that you will feel so much better about yourself. I see life like a roller coaster, sometimes we are on the down side of the track but eventually it has to go back up. Hang in there, things will get better

Thank you for the encouragment. :hug: Already today I feel a little proud of myself for not eating myself through this hard time. Life is definitely a roller coaster, I see what so many have and are going through on this forum, yourself included and it gives me a lot of strength knowing I'm not alone.

That is a fantastic NSV moment! I am looking so forward to the day I can do the same in my closet. Have a wonderful long weekend!

I heard no screams and giggles so I assume naked was not involved with your weigh in. You are doing so good. You have a lot to be proud of. :bravo:

I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning.
Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... ;) lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

WOW!!! You are on top of the world today, how exciting! Thank you for sharing your cheerfulness with all of us. It boosted my day! All of this talk about "baking cookies" is making me want to start baking when my hubby gets home. ;)

Lace & Levis,
I just caught up reading yesterday's thread. I am so sorry for all of your losses (except the weight loss, of course). I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, am a foster family for dogs, also lost a number of siblings who were relatively young in life, know the pain you speak of...my thoughts are with you as you work through this pain.

It sounds like you have your hands full and have suffered a great deal of pain, as well. Today I've been teary off and on. I've been reading todays posts from my IP family and it has been cheering me up. Thank you for taking time to write and show your sympathy. I really do appreciate it. :hug:

Wow, such great posts today. I love it!!! I am going shopping for our camping/boating trip this weekend. Have to buy myself a pair of hip waders. I am happy to report my size 12 pants (that I've only been wearing for a few weeks) are baggy all over. I only have 1 pair of size 10 pants. Guess I will wear baggy clothes for a while :) I LOVE IP!!!

You have lots of fun camping and boating this weekend. We went camping last week and had so much fun. I never thought about having to shop for things like waders. Oh, the problems we must face when losing weight. LOL! Congratulations! :cp:

I love my IP family! Thank you all for being part of my life! :grouphug:

LizRR
05-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Breakfast I'm good and I'm usually fine until Lunch. From Lunch until dinner I cannot stop thinking about eating. For instance, today, I ate chili with 1c bell peppers and garlic. Then about 30 minutes later I had a salad with oil/salt/dash. I couldn't shake the snacky, so I drank an EAS shake. I'll probably have another cup of veggies around 2/2:30 and dinner is going to be around 7 tonight and a snack at 8.

Maybe I have too long of a break between meals... not sure. I know its in my head, because I'm really NOT hungry, but I just want to eat. Just keep swimming... right?

Honestly, it sounds like you have a pretty long break between lunch & dinner - at least from my perspective and personal preference. I had to swap my dinner & snack times and I HAVE to eat every 4 hours or else I really feel it. I tried doing the bfast/lunch/dinner/snack and it just didn't work for me, there was too much time between lunch & dinner and I ended up stuffing in a snack I wasn't hungry for right before bedtime, when I really needed the energy and food for my late afternoon lag.

I'm "lucky" in that I have a pretty regular routine and work schedule. I wake up a little after 7am and eat breakfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, dinner@8pm - a hot cup of herbal tea at 10pm settles me in for a 10:30pm bedtime. Rinse and repeat. I also have a walk to the park with my son after my 4pm snack (although parktime is getting pushed back with the heat!), so I really do need that fuel.

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Have fun on that bike (if it works out). I too used to ride when I was younger, it started out off road trail bikes to Harley road riding with my ex. He used to flat track race so we went all over the US racing for a number of years. I love the smell of Castrol motoroil and the throaty purr of a big twin Harely. :bike:
My SV is a v-twin but in a sport bike body (Suzuki SV650S 2006 model), and DH mentions, frequently, how um, "appreciative" he is that I know what a Torx socket is vs. a Hex and that I'm not afraid to get dirty with either of our bikes (used to work at a Jiffy Lube in my "younger" days).

I'll have to try your 'blender coffee w chocolate drink' idea. I've been drinking decaf - or before that a blend of half decaf/half caf for so long I'm not sure what would happen to me if I loaded up on fully caffeinated. :dizzy:
This talk about 'cookies' reminds me that I recently read in one of the diet-related books I've been reading that 'making cookies' is a very good thing to do to promote weight loss. It triggers a hormone in our brain which makes us feel good... and relieves our stress. It also uses up more calories than just 'resting' - depending on how energetically you 'make cookies' you could use up quite a few calories. So we should all get down to 'making cookies' more frequently. :)
I'm now trying to figure out what veggies to grow... I bought a jalapeno pepper plant, and a regular pepper plant, and I got seeds for spinach, regular green loose-leaf lettuce, and green onions.
I've been watching YouTube videos about growing veggies in containers, etc., and it's amazing how much you can grow in just one big container. I've left my two big 24" inch diameter containers empty so far - just have the soil ready for planting - they're about 18" deep and each have a water reservoir in them to help with keeping the contents at a stable water level. Excellent for beans, tomatoes, peppers, etc. And I need to get still another big round container, but less deep to use for my salad veggie planter - lettuce/spinach - those don't have deep roots and anything with about a 8" depth will work just fine.
Sorry this turned into such a long missive... I got a little carried away with my garden talk.
Yeah, unfortunately my "cookie baking" has been stalled out due to life being a little hectic right now, but I know "eventually" it'll calm down enough to get a whole "batch" going lol! Let me know how the container garden goes with the peppers. I really want to plant some but my biggest container is only about 14" across and 12" deep, so I think that'd be too small?

Congrats! Before you know it you will have misplaced a pitbull! ;)

WOW!!! You are on top of the world today, how exciting! Thank you for sharing your cheerfulness with all of us. It boosted my day! All of this talk about "baking cookies" is making me want to start baking when my hubby gets home. ;)
I love my IP family! Thank you all for being part of my life! :grouphug:

:D Sometimes I can't help myself!

~And icing on the cake, I GOT MY SIGNATURE LINE TODAY!!!!!! *JUMP JUMP JUMP* :carrot:

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I heard no screams and giggles so I assume naked was not involved with your weigh in. You are doing so good. You have a lot to be proud of. :bravo:

No screams or giggles necessary, the only clothes I took off were my sneakers, and I emptied a few pounds of stuff out of my pockets. You'd probably laugh if you saw all the things in my pockets. I should weigh it all and take a photo for laughs.

I did get a haircut on the way to WI and asked my coach to take a new photo and to email me the old one and today's which I will share here.

:carrot:

Andie0606
05-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Can someone tell me- I've been looking through a lot of the recipes and a bunch of them use two packets of IP. So I'm assuming you split it and make it two portions, right?

Yes, two portions.

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 03:17 PM
No screams or giggles necessary, the only clothes I took off were my sneakers, and I emptied a few pounds of stuff out of my pockets. You'd probably laugh if you saw all the things in my pockets. I should weigh it all and take a photo for laughs.

I did get a haircut on the way to WI and asked my coach to take a new photo and to email me the old one and today's which I will share here.

:carrot:

It took me so long to post that after I was done I saw your WI. You did AWESOME!!! I'm sure it was the haircut that made the big difference for your WI. Ha Ha!! Your pockets sound like my husbands only he kept putting it all in my purse. Now I have a small tiny purse that only holds my limited things. :) He now lugs his things around in his pockets. I look forward to seeing your before and current pictures. Have a wonderful day!

shathom
05-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Good morning all.

Today is my WI #5, hope for a loss.

Wuv, as usual always glad to hear from you. :hug:
Wendy, keep up the good work. ;)
Mama, stay off the scale, you can fluctuate daily.:dizzy:
USMC, hoorah, let's hope for a big #:carrot:
Dakin, step on out of your comfort zone with the white jeans, you are looking good :D
dizzy, hope you have a great WI:p

Whew, gotta get to work now, have a great OP day all.:smug:

Smooches!
Woohoo, down another 3#. So far I have lost 28.5 lbs in 5 weeks:carrot::carrot:

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 03:44 PM
It took me so long to post that after I was done I saw your WI. You did AWESOME!!! I'm sure it was the haircut that made the big difference for your WI. Ha Ha!! Your pockets sound like my husbands only he kept putting it all in my purse. Now I have a small tiny purse that only holds my limited things. :) He now lugs his things around in his pockets. I look forward to seeing your before and current pictures. Have a wonderful day!

I just read last evenings posts and saw that your pet died as well as some people close to you. I am truly sorry for your losses.:hug:
I have three small dogs and they are my family.

sanaroph
05-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Congratulations to all who have lost weight this week that is awesome!! :carrot:

Yesterday I did not bother with dinner and had an IP packet instead after zumba class... The scale finally moved in the desired direction :) . I think what I need to do is have my heavier meals earlier in the day and have a light meal in the evening.

My NSV yesterday was that it was the 1st time since starting IP that I took an exercise class. I was worried I would be too tired afterward but felt great.

Today I started with a heavier breakfast. usually I have the chocolate drink mixed in with my coffee. I had the Herb & cheese omelette with 2 egg whites for breakfast, for lunch I had my 'dinner' - its salmon day with kale chips (lettuce will be later). I wanted to take a yoga class but missed it because I had to drive my husband in to work so I did the elliptical for 30 mins and then did part of the circuit.

I still have to pick up the produce from the food co op and will see what things from the box I can have. It makes for interesting cooking!

I also found drinking my water earlier in the day helps to stave off the hunger pangs that I usually get at about 3P..

Weigh in is tomorrow and I hope it will be a good one!

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!

shathom
05-17-2012, 03:47 PM

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Snapbucket/2680A860-orig.png

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!
Congrats, you are really rocking and rolling, what a motivation you are :-)

Smooches

sanaroph
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM

You are too funny !! Congrats on your loss! Chihuahua!! :D

lisa07
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
First of all, I love this site. It's so very motivating and inspiring. I have been on I.P since January 4 and I'm down 55 pounds. I still have some weight to lose so I dont want to spend too much money on clothes and I'm tired of wearing yoga pants everywhere I go. I have fallen in love with consignment stores especially Platos Closet. Who knows, I may even shop at these stores after I reach my goal. :carrot:

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 03:58 PM
I just read last evenings posts and saw that your pet died as well as some people close to you. I am truly sorry for your losses.:hug:
I have three small dogs and they are my family.

Thank you for your sympathy. Your little doggie in your photo looks really cute. What is she/he?

sanaroph
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
First of all, I love this site. It's so very motivating and inspiring. I have been on I.P since January 4 and I'm down 55 pounds. I still have some weight to lose so I dont want to spend too much money on clothes and I'm tired of wearing yoga pants everywhere I go. I have fallen in love with consignment stores especially Platos Closet. Who knows, I may even shop at these stores after I reach my goal. :carrot:

Congrats on the loss! I have loose clothes but am afraid to shop. there are days when I feel yesss I have lost then I look in the mirror and realize I am getting better but I must get to goal!

I have a friend who is also on IP and will shop in her closet as she slims down.

evepet
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM

You're in the 300s!!! Way to go!! :carrot:

-----------------------------

I think I've created a gardening monster. Just got back from the garden centre, with seedling plants for cucumbers (some variety that's supposed to be good in small places); zucchini; a tomato plant (supposed to be a variety that's specially good for salsa... had no idea there was such a thing); 3 containers of coriander (for salsa); and two versions of lettuce that I'd think will be big enough for eating within 2-3 weeks. Plus two more big bags of container potting mix and three more containers for all this stuff. Oh well.... I'm enjoying myself. :D

Also was at Walmart while I was out and found Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shakes! Picked up two 4-packs of them, and just had one as I'm running late and this is lunch. It is seriously good! I put it in my single serving blender with a few ice cubes and let it blend for a few seconds.... a delicious, frothy shake! Lovin' it. Sweetened with sucralose and only 100 cals, 0.5g fat, 2 net carbs, 1 g sugar, and 21 g protein. This is definitely a keeper. No wonder I've read other 'alternative product' folks on here say they like this one. Yummy. It's definitely replacing the Atkins RTD I was using before. Taster and more IP compatible.

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Well remember I am a cop so here is the contents of my pockets today.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/P1010002.jpg

For you gun gals and guys:
Glock 27 .40 and holster
spare 15 round Glock Magazine and holder
keys
Benchmade Triage knife
Bandanna one of 6 or 7 in the rotation. They do not get used for boogers! It has been a good bandage in the past but it's most often used to wipe the sweat from my brow! Not needed as much lately.
Android Droid X2 which I took the first photo with but remembered that had some heft and is usually in my pocket too.

Must be around 4 pounds!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Congrats, you are really rocking and rolling, what a motivation you are :-)

Smooches

Smmoooches Back. And thank you.

Kat2500
05-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Good news. I always like reading about your journey. It helps to keep me going.

haddy4
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Good Morning All

Good job !! thats awesome !!!!

haddy4
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
So i made a deal with myself if i lost 50 pounds i would buy myself a massage..ive lost 53 pounds so i just had a massage and it was AWESOME..so now for every ten pounds im getting another one..:)

Andie0606
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I have to go to a meeting this evening after work and will only be home for an hour before I have to head out again. I will not have time to thaw and cook something, so I'm going to go with canned tuna. I don't remember how much a can holds (5.5 ozs., with juice???) I will drain and rinse it. Is that enough for my protein meal, or should I have more? Thanks!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
SGood news. I always like reading about your journey. It helps to keep me going.

Thanks Kat that is very kind.

Karen71
05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
I have to go to a meeting this evening after work and will only be home for an hour before I have to head out again. I will not have time to thaw and cook something, so I'm going to go with canned tuna. I don't remember how much a can holds (5.5 ozs., with juice???) I will drain and rinse it. Is that enough for my protein meal, or should I have more? Thanks!

I actually did that last night. Mixed it with some WF Italian Dressing. It is about 4oz for the cans that I buy.

Andie0606
05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I actually did that last night. Mixed it with some WF Italian Dressing. It is about 4oz for the cans that I buy.

So did you just have the 4 ozs.?

haddy4
05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Honestly, it sounds like you have a pretty long break between lunch & dinner - at least from my perspective and personal preference. I had to swap my dinner & snack times and I HAVE to eat every 4 hours or else I really feel it. I tried doing the bfast/lunch/dinner/snack and it just didn't work for me, there was too much time between lunch & dinner and I ended up stuffing in a snack I wasn't hungry for right before bedtime, when I really needed the energy and food for my late afternoon lag.

I'm "lucky" in that I have a pretty regular routine and work schedule. I wake up a little after 7am and eat breakfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, dinner@8pm - a hot cup of herbal tea at 10pm settles me in for a 10:30pm bedtime. Rinse and repeat. I also have a walk to the park with my son after my 4pm snack (although parktime is getting pushed back with the heat!), so I really do need that fuel.

im the same i have my snack before dinner and then hot tea at night ..works so much better for me

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Ach! I forgot! Do we count actual carbs or net carbs? I'm doing alternative and am trying to avoid anything higher than 10 ACTUAL carbs...but people at the nutrition store are bragging up stuff that has 25 ACTUAL carbs but breaks down to like, 4 NET carbs... I so confused!!!! :(

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Well remember I am a cop so here is the contents of my pockets today.

For you gun gals and guys:
Glock 27 .40 and holster
spare 15 round Glock Magazine and holder
keys
Benchmade Triage knife
Bandanna one of 6 or 7 in the rotation. They do not get used for boogers! It has been a good bandage in the past but it's most often used to wipe the sweat from my brow! Not needed as much lately.
Android Droid X2 which I took the first photo with but remembered that had some heft and is usually in my pocket too.

Must be around 4 pounds!

Carrying all that around will save you a lot of money. No need for a gym to pump weights. When you get home you can just lift a bag full of the contents of your pockets. LOL!!! I sure couldn't fit all of that in my purse. :lol:

PEIslandGirl
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
PEIslandGirl: I notice we are the same height (in theory). Do you know if you are a "small" or "medium" build? I don't think I've ever been a 4/6 in my life, but if getting to 140 (current goal 135, might change as I get closer) would get me from the size I am now (14ish) to a 6, I'd do a happy dance. I'm a medium frame (did the wrist measurement thing) with "child bearing hips" lol

I always thought I was medium frame until I lost weight and now according to my wrist I am small frame, I still think I am more the medium frame. My shape would be hour glass but I am all legs with a short waist - so that might make a difference. I have in the past been up to a 14-16, so I think it is more that possible for you to get down to a 6!:carrot:

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you for your sympathy. Your little doggie in your photo looks really cute. What is she/he?
She is a mini long haired daucshund...

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 06:49 PM
She is a mini long haired daucshund...

She is adorable. I have never seen a "long hair" daushund.

Kaypix
05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I always thought I was medium frame until I lost weight and now according to my wrist I am small frame, I still think I am more the medium frame. My shape would be hour glass but I am all legs with a short waist - so that might make a difference. I have in the past been up to a 14-16, so I think it is more that possible for you to get down to a 6!:carrot:

Talk about motivating, hooray! I think I was a 7 in my freshman year of high school...maybe 8th grade (middle school) but was a 9/11 for most of high school. My doctor says I'm a "Pear" shape body, which sucks lol, so much rather be hour glass I think. I have to wear "long" pants or they are up to my ankles and that bugs me, and my torso is "medium" to shortish, currently i'm 36/34/45 (yikes!) lol but I know I lose weight from the top to the bottom.

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Looks like the afternoon WI's were successful. USMC congrats on reaching a new milestone, it has gone by quickly hasn't it? On to the next one now!!...WOOHOOO

Sewmam
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Sewmam...I don't post much, but read everyday and I really look forward to your posts! No matter what you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on, keeping on! I really admire that. Thank you for my daily inspiration!

Why thank you my dear!

Morning,
Can I just say how much I love to grill! Last night I grilled a pork tenderloin and turnip and rutabaga fries yummy. All is going well on IP lovin' being a loser.

ohhhh....I was thinking of grilling some fish for dinner and now I know what else I'll grill- my turnips!

Hello Samba - hope you found your joy today with your son. ;)

Kaypix: as usual, you crack me up! ;)

---

Well, I think the bloody back porch is finally done. I got some wood and patched up a couple spots, caulked, painted the outside. Got the two doors painted too. Am trying to rally this evening, so I can do work out what songs I'll play for the dulcimer festival in a few weeks. It's so easy to just go to sleep when I'm this tired! :carrot:

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Ok, so I am going to share with y'all something I find really funny. I joined a Dating site right? Well I make my profile out with hobbies and all of that jazz then let everyone know that I am a BBW but I am a smaller one cuz I have loss 156lbs in the last year. I have gotten a few email from some guys but not asking me out, they wanna know how I did it....lmao....not ONE has even remotely said something about going on a date....I think this is funny as heck. 3 guys have already called my clinic to sign up....lmao....how funny is that?

takers
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I forgot to ask my coach at this week's weigh-in...does ice tea count towards my water intake for the day? If so, how much does it count for? By that I mean could I drink 64 oz of ice tea (not that I would) and say I've met my water goal?

shathom
05-17-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar07/slider-but3/lb/270/150/241.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
have a wonderful evening all

fam4me
05-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Just dropped in to say good morning. Actually feeling pretty good today, feel like i have tons of energy actually!!!. I have to say i'm really liking IP. I didn't think i was going to get past week 2 with all the headaches but this is week 3 and i've been headache free for 3 days now!!

Have a great OP day!!!

My coach allows one egg white per day. I have made some of the recipes with only one, and they seem to turn our pretty good. Glad you're liking IP...me too!

WI #9 last night and lost a pound. As alot of you have said, a loss is still a loss. Still staying 100% OP.

DanafromAustin
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM

Wow, you are doing an amazing job. I always look forward to your post. A big congrats on hitting the 3's.

I forgot to ask my coach at this week's weigh-in...does ice tea count towards my water intake for the day? If so, how much does it count for? By that I mean could I drink 64 oz of ice tea (not that I would) and say I've met my water goal?
As long as the tea is decalf you can count it as water.

So many great WI's today, congrats to all of you!!!

Today marks 7 months 100% on IP for me. I had a nice me NSV today which was a nice treat. I ran into several people I know who I have't seen for awhile. They couldn't get over the change in me. They all wanted to know my secret. They asked if I was done and when I told them I still wanted to loose another 40 pounds plus they all looked shocked. They obvisously haven't seen my thighs.;)

auroragrl
05-17-2012, 08:52 PM

My coach said no - they prefer water - She told me I could use caffeine free - but caffeine is a diuretic and needs to be replaced by water.

SewingMomma
05-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Today marks 7 months 100% on IP for me. I had a nice me NSV today which was a nice treat. I ran into several people I know who I have't seen for awhile. They couldn't get over the change in me. They all wanted to know my secret. They asked if I was done and when I told them I still wanted to loose another 40 pounds plus they all looked shocked. They obvisously haven't seen my thighs.;)

I get that a lot from people. They ask, "Where is it going to come from?" I'm like, "Hello! I weigh 180 pounds. That's nowhere near thin!"

evepet
05-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, unfortunately my "cookie baking" has been stalled out due to life being a little hectic right now, but I know "eventually" it'll calm down enough to get a whole "batch" going lol! Let me know how the container garden goes with the peppers. I really want to plant some but my biggest container is only about 14" across and 12" deep, so I think that'd be too small?
~And icing on the cake, I GOT MY SIGNATURE LINE TODAY!!!!!! *JUMP JUMP JUMP* :carrot:

When things 'jive' so that you can devote time and attention to a whole 'batch' of cookie baking, just think how you can doubly enjoy it.... knowing all the benefits you'll be reaping! LOL. ;)

And your container sounds big enough to me for a pepper plant. On the YouTube videos they were using some that were around that size. I think it would be fine.

Ach! I forgot! Do we count actual carbs or net carbs? I'm doing alternative and am trying to avoid anything higher than 10 ACTUAL carbs...but people at the nutrition store are bragging up stuff that has 25 ACTUAL carbs but breaks down to like, 4 NET carbs... I so confused!!!! :(

Net carbs.

Well, I think the bloody back porch is finally done. I got some wood and patched up a couple spots, caulked, painted the outside. Got the two doors painted too. Am trying to rally this evening, so I can do work out what songs I'll play for the dulcimer festival in a few weeks. It's so easy to just go to sleep when I'm this tired! :carrot:

I can't help but think of all the free time you're going to have once you get your house all ship-shape for selling. You've been driving yourself so hard these past weeks... You won't know what to do with yourself!

---------------------

Another perk today! My local supermarket now has MIO! No more going to an out of the way store for it... restocking can just be part of my regular grocery shopping now. Love it. I feel truly blessed today... lots of progress with my gardening.... found Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shakes which I love!... and my regular supermarket stocks MIO! Woo-hoo! :D:D

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Ok, so I am going to share with y'all something I find really funny. I joined a Dating site right? Well I make my profile out with hobbies and all of that jazz then let everyone know that I am a BBW but I am a smaller one cuz I have loss 156lbs in the last year. I have gotten a few email from some guys but not asking me out, they wanna know how I did it....lmao....not ONE has even remotely said something about going on a date....I think this is funny as heck. 3 guys have already called my clinic to sign up....lmao....how funny is that?

Well you are a pretty inspirational woman! Hey does that mean 3 boxes of IP for you from your clinic? :carrot::carrot::carrot:

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Looks like the afternoon WI's were successful. USMC congrats on reaching a new milestone, it has gone by quickly hasn't it? On to the next one now!!...WOOHOOO

Thank you wuv, it has gone fast, so fast I am worried it will stop but it has not. I would have been crushed if I had not broken into the 300's and I was disappointed at the difference between my scale at 392 and the clinics scale at 399. BUT I MADE IT out from the big nasty 400's I actually cried in the shower a few happy tears this morning, I also obsessed over the scale. I got on at least four times this morning. I still have quite a way to go but it seems so doable now when just two months ago it was "impossible" and depressing to think about it and I thought about it constantly.

NSV tonight for me a few actually. I am my the den leader for my son Jack and tonight was our last meeting. I took the boys and my girls :) our for a cremee (soft serve ice cream) tonight. I knew I would be okay not having one, NSV#1. One of the boys suggested we walk to the Cremee stand, something that I would not have done 2 months ago, it would have been too hard. We walked down ordered ice cream, walked to the park and the kids ate and played. All three of my kids came up to me when they could not finish theirs. All three times I said that's okay, just throw it away, Daddy can't have any. 2 months ago I would have eaten at least one of them if not all three! For me the walking and then standing around was the biggest NSV yet. I even spoke to Jack as we walked back to the church where we have our meetings and said hey buddy did you notice I'm not having any trouble walking and keeping up with you! He smiled and I asked him how much he weighed. He thought it was 72#'s, which I knew. Then I told him how much I'd lost and I was less than a pound away from loosing a whole Jack.

Thanks for listening to my babbling. As a good friend of mine would say, Smooches!

We went to Simply Subs their maple Cremee was a popular flavor tonight. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/545619

http://simplysubs.us/

paulimapi
05-17-2012, 09:25 PM
We don't have MIO here, but today I found some water flavors that are 0/0/0 and made with splenda, not aspartame. They're okay, right?

I don't even plan to drink them anyway, they make me feel too full for some reason, I'm about to explode lol, I plan on using them to make my own jello :)

salmongirl
05-17-2012, 09:30 PM
USMCVET - I remember sitting down and thinking that I could not possibly loose 120 pounds on my own and that I was going to have to get surgery to ever get thin. And then I decided to give this a shot and it has been pretty easy so far. I think this website helps so much. You have done so well already I know that we both will go the distance. Actually, I look forward to going there with you, you are fun and full of energy!

sanaroph
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM

That is too funny!! If they mention you and sign up will you get free IP packets? :carrot: If they have your coach, she can sing your praises and who knows, meet a really nice guy!
:think: Nice guy and free IP packets.. win/ win to me! :D

Tammywhiz
05-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Congratulations to everyone on the great weigh ins and NSV's.

Big day for me today as I have hit the 50lb mark ! I am so thrilled.

Next stop Onederland !

Thanks for all the great advice and support. I couldn't have done it without all you great IP friends !

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Well you are a pretty inspirational woman! Hey does that mean 3 boxes of IP for you from your clinic? :carrot::carrot::carrot:
HOPEFULLY!!!

Thank you wuv, it has gone fast, so fast I am worried it will stop but it has not. I would have been crushed if I had not broken into the 300's and I was disappointed at the difference between my scale at 392 and the clinics scale at 399. BUT I MADE IT out from the big nasty 400's I actually cried in the shower a few happy tears this morning, I also obsessed over the scale. I got on at least four times this morning. I still have quite a way to go but it seems so doable now when just two months ago it was "impossible" and depressing to think about it and I thought about it constantly.

NSV tonight for me a few actually. I am my the den leader for my son Jack and tonight was our last meeting. I took the boys and my girls :) our for a cremee (soft serve ice cream) tonight. I knew I would be okay not having one, NSV#1. One of the boys suggested we walk to the Cremee stand, something that I would not have done 2 months ago, it would have been too hard. We walked down ordered ice cream, walked to the park and the kids ate and played. All three of my kids came up to me when they could not finish theirs. All three times I said that's okay, just throw it away, Daddy can't have any. 2 months ago I would have eaten at least one of them if not all three! For me the walking and then standing around was the biggest NSV yet. I even spoke to Jack as we walked back to the church where we have our meetings and said hey buddy did you notice I'm not having any trouble walking and keeping up with you! He smiled and I asked him how much he weighed. He thought it was 72#'s, which I knew. Then I told him how much I'd lost and I was less than a pound away from loosing a whole Jack.

Thanks for listening to my babbling. As a good friend of mine would say, Smooches!

We went to Simply Subs their maple Cremee was a popular flavor tonight. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/545619

http://simplysubs.us/
I cried when I hit the 200's and when I hit 250 did the same thing. These milestones we hit as we go along are incredible to each and every one of us, its a turning point in our lives that will change us forever. WE ALL know we DON'T wanna go back to the bodies we had BEFORE we found IP so I think as we reach these milestones and keep pushing forward we will do it with pride!

That is too funny!! If they mention you and sign up will you get free IP packets? :carrot: If they have your coach, she can sing your praises and who knows, meet a really nice guy!
:think: Nice guy and free IP packets.. win/ win to me! :D
Maybe so....lol...Never know what will happen!

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 09:57 PM
USMCVET - I remember sitting down and thinking that I could not possibly loose 120 pounds on my own and that I was going to have to get surgery to ever get thin. And then I decided to give this a shot and it has been pretty easy so far. I think this website helps so much. You have done so well already I know that we both will go the distance. Actually, I look forward to going there with you, you are fun and full of energy!

Thank you. Sounds like a deal! I was nervous when I put down my goal weight of 220 and that I wanted to loose 250! I did not think it was possible either. Now I know it is. This place is wonderful.:hug:

Beanie Mommy
05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
WI today - very pleased to have lost 3.7lbs of fat, and I actually gained .7lbs muscle. I am thrilled with the muscle gain because I had lost quite a bit of lean mass over the course of the last 20 weeks. I've been doing some sit ups and yoga. Will definitely continue with that. Go away inches!!!

Congrats on everyone else's losses and NSVs for the day.

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
HOPEFULLY!!!

I cried when I hit the 200's and when I hit 250 did the same thing. These milestones we hit as we go along are incredible to each and every one of us, its a turning point in our lives that will change us forever. WE ALL know we DON'T wanna go back to the bodies we had BEFORE we found IP so I think as we reach these milestones and keep pushing forward we will do it with pride!

Maybe so....lol...Never know what will happen!

It's encouraging to hear I am in good company. Man I had my first IP spagetti meal tonight and lots of mushrooms and green peppers for dinner back around 5:30 and I am still very satisfied/full. Got to remember to get my veggies in. It makes such a huge difference.

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
WI today - very pleased to have lost 3.7lbs of fat, and I actually gained .7lbs muscle. I am thrilled with the muscle gain because I had lost quite a bit of lean mass over the course of the last 20 weeks. I've been doing some sit ups and yoga. Will definitely continue with that. Go away inches!!!

Congrats on everyone else's losses and NSVs for the day.

AWESOME. I think your will power dust is working on the rest of us too.:dancer:

Beanie Mommy
05-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Thank you. Sounds like a deal! I was nervous when I put down my goal weight of 220 and that I wanted to loose 250! I did not think it was possible either. Now I know it is. This place is wonderful.:hug:

You are doing so fantastic! I am so happy for you - and I am watching you inching up to the same amount of weight lost as me. Awesome impressive how quickly you are moving here! Congrats on reaching the 3's!

anume2012
05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Good evening IP friends.

Big day for me today, weigh in #7 and I hit my first goal of 30lbs one month early!! I am one happy girl!

Good luck to everyone at your next weigh in!!

anume2012
05-17-2012, 10:19 PM
And my tracker works now!!! Woohoo!

Beanie Mommy
05-17-2012, 10:22 PM
And my tracker works now!!! Woohoo!

Congrats on the 30 pounds lost! I know that was a huge deal for me. They'll just keep falling off from now on :)

I also loved getting my tracker - awesome motivation! Congrats on that as well!

EssJay78
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi everybody. First, I'm not sure if I'm posing in the right place, I'm new on this chat, uh thread, uh whatever this is. lol Um, anywho, I just started IP on Monday. I THINK I'm doing it right. There were a couple of questionable times, like when I went out to eat the other night, but all in all I'm feeling ok. This is day four for me (Or it was, it's almost over now), but when I weighed myself this morning (which I probably shouldn't do, but it's a habit for me to weigh myself every morning...which I know that it will fluctuate....it's just a bad bad habit) ANYWAY, I was down 6lbs already! Okay, yes I know some could be water weight, but hey whatever keeps me motivated!! Anyway, I'm SO glad to have finally found this website bcuz I've needed to find other people that's going through this and to have people to be excited with or bummed, ya know whichever way it's going at the moment. I'm super excited to lose this weight tho, and I've seen so many of you doing a great job so far! Congrats to you all!! :D

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Good evening IP friends.

Big day for me today, weigh in #7 and I hit my first goal of 30lbs one month early!! I am one happy girl!

Good luck to everyone at your next weigh in!!

Great news on the 30# loss/goal. Looks lime we started the same day! I had WI #7 today too!

MomNeedsTaShrink
05-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Hello all you amazing IP'ers!! It's been awhile since I've been here but I am a lurking maintainer :) (wuv motivates me!!)

I am no longer using IP and related products but have a lot left over that I am hoping to sell (sorry if this isn't allowed here). I would prefer to ship to US only and I'm assuming it will take 2 of the large flat rate boxes at 15.00 each. With that said, here is the list. Please send me a private message if you are interested. I am in Idaho.

This is the ad I put on our local Craig's list.

This is a HUGE lot of IDEAL PROTEIN and other diet foods conducive to the IDEAL PROTEIN diet. This lot is worth over $185.00. Asking $130.00 + shipping or OBO.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

This lot includes:

Ideal Protein ($114.26)
Peach mango drink x3
Sea salt/vinegar ridges x5
Veg Chili x5
Cream of chicken soup x5
Raspberry jelly x4
Veg spaghetti x4
Cream of mush soup x1
Butterscotch pudding x1

Nashua nutrition ($41.34)
Irish cream hot chocolate x5
Cream of broccoli soup x6
Cheesecake shake/pudding x3
Beef veg soup x6
Milk chocolate crunchies x5

Walden farms ($31.80)
Strawberry syrup
Caramel syrup
Apricot fruit spread
Strawberry fruit spread
Grape fruit spread
Onion dip

DanafromAustin
05-17-2012, 11:49 PM
I get that a lot from people. They ask, "Where is it going to come from?" I'm like, "Hello! I weigh 180 pounds. That's nowhere near thin!"
I'm with you. At 177 I'm no where done either.

Congratulations to everyone on the great weigh ins and NSV's.

Big day for me today as I have hit the 50lb mark ! I am so thrilled.

Next stop Onederland !

Thanks for all the great advice and support. I couldn't have done it without all you great IP friends !
Congrats on reaching the 50 pound mark.

Hi everybody. First, I'm not sure if I'm posing in the right place, I'm new on this chat, uh thread, uh whatever this is. lol Um, anywho, I just started IP on Monday. I THINK I'm doing it right. There were a couple of questionable times, like when I went out to eat the other night, but all in all I'm feeling ok. This is day four for me (Or it was, it's almost over now), but when I weighed myself this morning (which I probably shouldn't do, but it's a habit for me to weigh myself every morning...which I know that it will fluctuate....it's just a bad bad habit) ANYWAY, I was down 6lbs already! Okay, yes I know some could be water weight, but hey whatever keeps me motivated!! Anyway, I'm SO glad to have finally found this website bcuz I've needed to find other people that's going through this and to have people to be excited with or bummed, ya know whichever way it's going at the moment. I'm super excited to lose this weight tho, and I've seen so many of you doing a great job so far! Congrats to you all!! :D
Welcome and good luck on IP; best diet ever!

paulimapi
05-18-2012, 12:01 AM
I was wondering, we are allowed to have whole eggs if we count them as our daily protein, say instead of the chicken/fish/etc.., aren't we? If so, how many whole eggs would equal the amount we are allowed?

Also, are the shakes supposed to be drinked right after they're made, or do some of you make them and say pack them to drink later at work/classes? Will it taste the same or will it be weird?

Lace and Levis
05-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi everybody. I'm SO glad to have finally found this website bcuz I've needed to find other people that's going through this and to have people to be excited with or bummed, ya know whichever way it's going at the moment. I'm super excited to lose this weight tho, and I've seen so many of you doing a great job so far! Congrats to you all!! :D

Welcome EssJay78! You will get a lot of information and ideas here, as well as, support and encouragment. You may want to check out some of the threads for newbies, they will help answer a lot of questions. And of course you are welcomed here! Stick to IP 100% and you will love the results. One little piece of unsolicited advice, STAY OFF THE SCALE! It's a wonderful surprise when you go in for your WI's.:goodscale Again, welcome welcome welcome.

Lace and Levis
05-18-2012, 12:14 AM
I was wondering, we are allowed to have whole eggs if we count them as our daily protein, say instead of the chicken/fish/etc.., aren't we? If so, how many whole eggs would equal the amount we are allowed? Thanks!

Yes they are allowed just like you said. All of my Phase 1 sheets say 2-Eggs.
Doing good, keep it up. :)

Beanie Mommy
05-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Also, are the shakes supposed to be drinked right after they're made, or do some of you make them and say pack them to drink later at work/classes? Will it taste the same or will it be weird?

When I'm on the run (my usual state of being) I take a water bottle with me, drink a little over half and then put in my drink mix and shake like crazy. Works better for me than premixing. The drinks get a little funky when they sit for a while. I use the half liter bottles, they work perfect, and I get my water in.

paulimapi
05-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Yes they are allowed just like you said. All of my Phase 1 sheets say 2-Eggs.
Doing good, keep it up. :)

Good, thank you! :)

When I'm on the run (my usual state of being) I take a water bottle with me, drink a little over half and then put in my drink mix and shake like crazy. Works better for me than premixing. The drinks get a little funky when they sit for a while. I use the half liter bottles, they work perfect, and I get my water in.

Sounds like a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of it haha, thank you, I'll be doing that :)

patns
05-18-2012, 01:13 AM

That is so funny!!! Just chuckling out loud since I first read it.

patns
05-18-2012, 01:16 AM
My coach allows one egg white per day. I have made some of the recipes with only one, and they seem to turn our pretty good. Glad you're liking IP...me too!

WI #9 last night and lost a pound. As alot of you have said, a loss is still a loss. Still staying 100% OP.

My coach recommended two egg whites. She said it was an excellent source of protein with no fat and very low cal.

Hundley3
05-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Greetings all. I'm here because I'm burned out on IP and need some fresh motivation. Things were going great - started Valentine's Day and dropped 30 lbs by the end of April. Then life got really crazy, including the death of the refrigerator/freezer. Got totally derailed, been eating carbs like mad for the past three weeks and have managed to gain back 8 lbs. I'm sure I would have gained more but I'm fairly active. I keep trying to start again but I just cannot get psyched. I do not want to gain anymore weight but I'm having a hard time getting back into the routine of taking my vitamins, prepping my meals, planning, etc. I think I got into a rut of eating the same things over and over. I know part of it is cyclical - eat crap, sleep like crap, feel like crap, have zero energy and motivation, everything feels like work, get bummed so I eat crap etc. Eat well, sleep well, feel fantastic, have abundant energy and motivation, everything feels like a natural part of my daily schedule, want to succeed so I eat well etc. Help!!!

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Greetings all. I'm here because I'm burned out on IP and need some fresh motivation. Things were going great - started Valentine's Day and dropped 30 lbs by the end of April. Then life got really crazy, including the death of the refrigerator/freezer. Got totally derailed, been eating carbs like mad for the past three weeks and have managed to gain back 8 lbs. I'm sure I would have gained more but I'm fairly active. I keep trying to start again but I just cannot get psyched. I do not want to gain anymore weight but I'm having a hard time getting back into the routine of taking my vitamins, prepping my meals, planning, etc. I think I got into a rut of eating the same things over and over. I know part of it is cyclical - eat crap, sleep like crap, feel like crap, have zero energy and motivation, everything feels like work, get bummed so I eat crap etc. Eat well, sleep well, feel fantastic, have abundant energy and motivation, everything feels like a natural part of my daily schedule, want to succeed so I eat well etc. Help!!!
NO MORE EXCUSES.....sounds like you have plenty of them. You know it works, You know you have to plan and prepare. Try being on the Program for 13 months, you have to get creative with your packets, veggies and proteins. Add this to that, mix things up, experiment. Its not like there isn't a ton of recipes on this site to look at and try. Get your head back into it, set your mind to it and DO IT!...sorry for the tough love, I am not trying to be a B.....its just that if I can do it for 13 months and probably still have about 4-5 months of it then YOU CAN DO IT if I CAN!

takers
05-18-2012, 02:02 AM

I had a period where life got in the way and I found myself off program, too. What got me back on was: 1) throwing away all cheat foods from my pantry, fridge, and freezer so there wasn't anything in the house that would temp me, 2) buying select veggies that I knew I would eat (for me it was fresh peppers...lots and lots of peppers), and 3) finding a goal that was really important to me (wanting to get pregnant once I've lost my weight) and putting sticky notes up around the house that reference this goal.

Pick a day to start being OP 100%. Get up that morning and tell yourself in the mirror that you're going to be 100% OP and do this as many times as needed during the day. Give yourself two weeks of being OP 100% and I bet by the end of the two weeks you'll be back on program and won't be so tempted to cheat. Good luck!

Hundley3
05-18-2012, 02:25 AM
NO MORE EXCUSES.....sounds like you have plenty of them. You know it works, You know you have to plan and prepare. Try being on the Program for 13 months, you have to get creative with your packets, veggies and proteins. Add this to that, mix things up, experiment. Its not like there isn't a ton of recipes on this site to look at and try. Get your head back into it, set your mind to it and DO IT!...sorry for the tough love, I am not trying to be a B.....its just that if I can do it for 13 months and probably still have about 4-5 months of it then YOU CAN DO IT if I CAN!

I appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I'm not so sure it's an issue of excuses so much as me trying to deal with behavioral patterns I've identified in myself, which is supposed to be part of this journey. Once I'm in a routine things are great but as soon as something derails that routine I lose it. I am very, very easily distracted so when I have a task to complete I have to crank up the tunnel vision. When something breaks that focus all hail breaks loose. Recognizing that about myself will hopefully help me come up with strategies to break the tendency.

Hundley3
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
I had a period where life got in the way and I found myself off program, too. What got me back on was: 1) throwing away all cheat foods from my pantry, fridge, and freezer so there wasn't anything in the house that would temp me, 2) buying select veggies that I knew I would eat (for me it was fresh peppers...lots and lots of peppers), and 3) finding a goal that was really important to me (wanting to get pregnant once I've lost my weight) and putting sticky notes up around the house that reference this goal.

Pick a day to start being OP 100%. Get up that morning and tell yourself in the mirror that you're going to be 100% OP and do this as many times as needed during the day. Give yourself two weeks of being OP 100% and I bet by the end of the two weeks you'll be back on program and won't be so tempted to cheat. Good luck!

Thanks - these are helpful tips. I actually did just put notes up in the kitchen. My kitchen is free of temptations; I just need to have some meals on hand so I don't give in to the convenience of grabbing food while I'm out. Peppers are a good idea - I think I've even seen them pre-sliced at the grocery store which will help.

Chloe222
05-18-2012, 07:09 AM

Sewmam, You've done an amazing amount of work!! And its all going to pay off handsomely for you!

Wow! Great weight loss, in the 3's!! Woohoo!

tauthier
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
@Dakin I just added a before pic to my signature. It was at my birthday last year- I was 190.

I will take a photo tonight and post it!!!!

Ok! Let's see your new photo Stacey!