Weight Loss Support - Fat Girl Logic

View Full Version : Fat Girl Logic

jj0293
05-17-2012, 12:46 AM
You know those day when you slip up and eat something you know you shouldn't? And it would be completely fine if you were able to have just a little bit of something bad, but your :devil: fat girl demon pops up on one shoulder and your :nono: skinny girl angels pops up on the other one, and you have a show down.

Fat girl logic is so ridiculous. And it wins sometimes! The other night, I had a little bit of some popcorn shrimp because I couldn't stop thinking about them. It would be fine to have a little and control myself. But then I felt so bad about it, I just thought "whatever, eat the whole bag. You've already messed up and it will remove the temptation."

So, that's what I did. Today I was feeling so bad about last night that I didn't eat very well today! Crazy!

I guess this would be the part where I would give up in the past, but I'm committed. I'm going to try my hardest to leave the guilt in the past and begin tomorrow like it never happened! And that's the last time I have any popcorn shrimp in the house!

mimsyborogoves
05-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Fatgirl logic = that popcorn shrimp has PROTEIN! Of course it's good for me! *noms*

Kahokkuri
05-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Oh man, I know that feeling! I just did it with a bag of peanuts last night (and they didn't even taste as good as the ones I usually buy)!

You've got the right idea, though; no point in dwelling when you can be moving on–and moving more!–and getting back on track.

Engraved
05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
i did this in the weekend. On Sunday night i dust myself off and started my week more committed than ever.

Volschika007
05-17-2012, 01:29 AM
lol this is so true. my fat girl logic = if I'm gonna treat myself to something might as well go all out! That usually means single cheese burger becomes double cheese burger with bacon and fries. I just try to enjoy it in the moment and then move on the next day and start fresh. I tend to go easy on myself with that sorta thing - there's no way I'd be able to stick with eating healthier if i didn't give in sometimes! and fat girl logic makes so much sense at the time! lol

jj0293
05-17-2012, 01:49 AM
lol you can't escape the fat girl logic! And it spreads like wild fire! Like if you mess up in the middle of the week, the week is ruined and you should start fresh on Monday.

I'm trying to resist this slippery slope! lol

freelancemomma
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Fat girl logic = I paid so much for this buffet... I'm still working on that one.

F.

astrophe
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Some foods are just triggers. Resist once at the store and do not buy. Then you don't have to resist a million times at home. Things with wheat or sweet just set me off and here comes the blood sugar wackies. Sigh.

Sounds like popcorn shrimp is one of yours. Is it the breading?

And next time? Round file. Destroy it, step on it, make it unfit to eat. Blender, fling in yard, def trash.

Be leery of thoughts like this:

"whatever, eat the whole bag. You've already messed up and it will remove the temptation."

Do not talk down to you.

Do not dismiss the struggle -- it is HARD and you ARE trying. Pat yourself on the back for the effort. Don't "whatever" it. Don't punish yourself.

Do not dishonor you and treat your body like a trash can. If you want to trash it, throw it OUT into an actual trash can.

OWN that temptation and YOU rule it. YOU stop feeding it, YOU trash it. YOU stop buying it. You stop thinking it and giving that temptation so much leverage with you.

Don't hide from it, don't let it rule you.

But def don't talk down to you along the way while learning to deal with temptations like that. It's only a trigger food. YOU are a valuable person. Worth way more than popcorn shrimp or whatever trigger it is.

GL!

:hug:

A.

cbressler1976
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I have been avoiding "fat girl logic" like the plague because once it gets ahold of me, it has me forever! :( ...but I do give into "lazy girl logic".... I can always exercize later.....my muscles need a couple of days rest... lol

krampus
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Fatgirl logic = that popcorn shrimp has PROTEIN! Of course it's good for me! *noms*

I laughed aloud at this one, I am totally guilty of this.

Miral Paris
05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I have been here just a week or so but I can relate to this post more than any other I have read. Is there some way to have a buddy on the board to contact when we want to go off course? I don't see any way to personally message people.

amandie
05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Miral- you have to be a member for 20 days and/or have 20 posts (can't remember) to contact people. For now, just have to use threads to communicate with other members. This is to prevent fake/spam accounts. You can always start your own support thread and invite others to have a group, just an idea.

As for OP, man the fat girl logic gets me sometimes! I have been doing a lot better on that though.

Brid
05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I had this just last night. It was all going so well, and then I remembered the cashew nuts I'd treated myself to (because a few nuts is good, right? Vegetarians have to eat them so they don't die, or something, right? They must be good!). And that prompted boyfriend to get the chocolate raisins out. My logic went like this:

Nuts = good
Raisins = fruit = good
Chocolate = bad
That's only one bad thing!

Thank God I still felt guilty enough about it to resist the ham and cheese sandwich.

I find the worst part is, now I'm so aware of what I'm putting into my body, if I screw up and eat a cake, I not only then berate myself for eating the cake, but also for letting myself screw up with a cake of such inferior quality.

Beach Patrol
05-17-2012, 01:43 PM
when I get a hankering for candy, my FatGirl Logic screams "EAT THE PEANUT M&Ms!!!! THEY HAVE PEANUTS! - PEANUTS HAVE PROTEIN! SO THAT CANCELS OUT THE SUGAR!!!!" Yeah, yeah, yeah... of course I know it doesn't cancel out the sugar but while I'm inhaling a bag of peanut m&ms, it sure makes perfect sense! OY! :shrug:

silentarctic
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
It's okay that I have popcorn with margerine for supper, because it fits in my calories. (So NOT okay but i've done that 2 nights in a row because I've bene too tired to cook /clean my kitchen).

Showing a 4 lb loss on the scales this week is NOT helping me give up this habbit (i like popcorn :-( )

JossFit
05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Nuts = good
Raisins = fruit = good
Chocolate = antioxidants
That's not one bad thing!...

Edited for REAL Fat girl logic... ;)

fatbookworm
05-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm really struggling with this kind of thinking right now. It's like there is nothing more my self wants than to psych myself out. Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?

poorcollegegirl
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Ugh, fat girl logic has gotten me in trouble so much! I lost twenty pounds and gained most of it back because I told myself it was okay to treat myself once and awhile... and then I told myself I'd start again tomorrow since I already screwed up today... lol! I feel ya! Now my problems FINALLY have a name!

tricon7
05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Yep. A few days ago I broke down and had one brownie from a pan of them, and since it was over my calorie budget for the day, I decided that I had blown it and eagerly ate several more. The ways we justify binging.....

However, I gritted my teeth and started new the next day like I had never stumbled. I didn't feel like doing it, but I made myself. And now I'm back to the weight I was before I ate those despicable brownies. TODAY is the only day we *can* start eating right. TOMORROW never comes.

berryblondeboys
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
My fat girl logic always seems to kick in when I'm sleep deprived - without fail.

Better sleep? Real logic quicks in.

pixelllate
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Mine is always "well if this skinny person eats it, then I can eat it!"
I would feel so great when a skinny person ate donuts or talked about McDs or something, I think cause it validated my own food choices. :?:

Only Me
05-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I find the worst part is, now I'm so aware of what I'm putting into my body, if I screw up and eat a cake, I not only then berate myself for eating the cake, but also for letting myself screw up with a cake of such inferior quality.

:dizzy: I do this too. I swear that the only thing that is stopping me from having any of the donut holes that I let dd3 talk me into at the grocery store this morning is that grocery store donut holes are just not worth the calories and I will feel like they were crappy waste of calories in addition to not having any calories left for wine this evening. :p Or worse, I'll have even more wine or some other dessert because those crappy donut hole calories weren't worth it and therefore didn't count. :o

LeilaJey
05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Mine is always "well if this skinny person eats it, then I can eat it!"
I would feel so great when a skinny person ate donuts or talked about McDs or something, I think cause it validated my own food choices. :?:

Yes! Or y'know if I was eating pizza with a thin friend I'd have maybe a slice less. Because then my calories wouldn't count haha. I'm smart.

I've totally scanned the ingredients of the least healthy food ever for something that's not a chemical/E number and then it's fine to eat.

jj0293
05-18-2012, 02:44 AM
I have been avoiding "fat girl logic" like the plague because once it gets ahold of me, it has me forever! :( ...but I do give into "lazy girl logic".... I can always exercize later.....my muscles need a couple of days rest... lol

I'm a sufferer of both! lol I can definitely be lazy. I need to get myself on a better schedule so I can fit in more exercise.

Ugh. Sometimes it just feels like the journey is too long. But you have to start somewhere. Good luck, ladies. We have to fight back against this insanity and take back our logic! haha

Beach Patrol
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?

I've found that self sabatoge really starts in the head, for sure! So try this: when your NEGATIVE inner voice calls yourself a "fat loser" you can turn it around by making the adjective into a noun- for instance, retaliate with "Yes, I AM a fat loser!... I am LOSING THE FAT!- therefore I am a FAT LOSER!" ...you know, like 'The Biggest Loser' ;)

Just take that bad talk & flip it!!! Make it good talk!!! Make the negative a positive! YOU CAN DO THAT! - and before you know it, when you say "fat loser" you'll feel the positive in that statement & it will no longer have a negative effect on you. :D

Brid
05-18-2012, 11:20 AM
I managed to lose two pounds overnight last week, on what I like to call the "cider and sausage rolls diet". That's far more than I'd been losing per day on the "sweat and vegetables" diet. Then the birthday came along, and the fat logic - if I lose two pounds by eating sausage rolls, how much will I lose by eating sausage rolls and ice cream and chocolates and a big greasy fried breakfast and cake?

Unfortunately, the fat logic did not stand up to the crushing weight of reality (and cake).

And the self esteem part is hellish! I have the "you're a fat [expletive], you always have been and you always will be" occasionally when exercising. Sometimes it leads to dissolving in tears, sometimes I get angry about it. Neither's ideal, but at least if I get angry at myself for being generally rubbish, that anger fuels more exercise.

JollyGreenSteen19
05-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Fat girl logic = I paid so much for this buffet... I'm still working on that one.

F.

This is my worst one. I'm all about getting my money's worth. Skip dessert? I paid for it!

JoseLo
05-19-2012, 10:41 PM
I know all about that!! I hate that fat boy demon on my shoulder. He is the main reason I have not yet been able to lose weight! Him and the fact I listen to him!! See when I mess up I decide 'Oh ****, messed up now, might as well go pig out ALL DAY!'
This is what I trying to get over; I can mess up, that is inevitable. But I have to put it behind me and move on!

The craziest logic I also have is part of an excuse I made for myself! I have always been big and everyone knows it bout me... a stupid part of me thinks I wouldn't be me if I was kind of average size. For real I think I can only be a happier me!
xxxx

Dragonfly
05-20-2012, 01:54 AM
I have to say, I am soooo guilty.

I have found to be true (as well as so many others) if I don't give it to sugar, I don't crave it. If I think, "Oh, I can have a small bite of my friends ice cream," the only thing I want ALL day is sugar. And I will eat it ALL day. It's best for me to stay clear.

ringmaster
05-20-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm really struggling with this kind of thinking right now. It's like there is nothing more my self wants than to psych myself out. Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?

I think something similar when I mess up.. I think I messed up, I'm still fat, I'll always be fat so it doesn't matter if I eat more that day...
I feel if I go over my calories or eat something bad that I won't lose and will still stay fat, so it's ok to just keep binging. although some logic kicks in and says I will still lose even if I went over by a few hundred, I just won't be losing as fast :?: why make 300 calories a 1000+ calorie binge?

Fat2slimgirl12
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
oh man i know how you feel i did it with a bag of pitted dates i ate the whole bag i couldnt stop myself and i felt so bad after i finished and to make matters worse i didnt go to the gym for a whole week or exercise but i started to look at it in a positive light sometimes were so hard on ourselves yes i shouldnt have ate all the dates but last year i was over eating some pretty bad stuff like a whole bag of lollies or junk food so its the lesser of two evils and you gonna sometimes let it go and start again no point being too hard on yourself just keep going good luck .

Fat2slimgirl12
06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
omg am the same lol its cos sugar is so addictive its best to stay clear of that white stuff i replace it with fruit & nuts, sultanas organic dates and its works i also try to stay away from salt i replace it with lemon if am cooking something and the ingredients says it needs salt i use lemon instead and i cant really tell the difference and i got so use to it am glad i don't crave it anymore your right its best to stay away from it .

Katbot24
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Fat girl logic: Go ahead, eat that slice of pizza and then turn tomorrow into a 24h fast. It doesn't matter that it's midnight right now, just reheat supper at midnight tomorrow.

CanadianMomma
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
'Fat girl logic', that is the perfect description for it.

I have the tendency to believe if it gets eaten later, after dinner, after 7 or so, it doesn't count right? Because I ate well all day, so this is like pretend calories right?

I did that yesterday, had a healthy dinner and then at around 9 husband and I got take out burgers lol. But I was up at 5 today going for my walk so I won't be too hard on myself.

Mimzzy
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Ugh my fat girl logic rears her ugly head and says
"You are already fat, what will one more crappy meal do to you?"
Or my favorite
"If I ate this in the morning I'll have all day to burn it off!"

Sometimes she is damn convincing!

xSarabean
06-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I had a similar day yesterday: my uncle bought doughnuts for the family to eat as we were busy helping my grandma move. I decided that I've only have one, and then throughout the day, one turned into four. I ate nothing but doughnuts and cookies. After the first doughnut, I thought, "well, I already messed up, might as well eat more." I always think that if I mess up today, I can try again tomorrow.

One of my worst habits is when I go out to eat with friends or family, I don't order anything healthy. I've gotten into the weird habit where I order only water, but I order whatever the heck I want on the menu because I tend to think, "hey, if I'm going out to eat, I'm not eating crappy health food."

MusicalAstronaut
06-11-2012, 11:31 PM
My fat girl logic comes out at night...right around this time, actually. :P She says "Hey, you worked hard at the gym today! You burned so many calories, you can afford to eat that...and that...and that...". Luckily I shut her up tonight. :P We have these little ice cream bars (160 calories) and I had one and it was great. Just one and it was totally within my calorie budget for an after-dinner sweet. Yay!

Elladorine
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
And it would be completely fine if you were able to have just a little bit of something bad, but your :devil: fat girl demon pops up on one shoulder and your :nono: skinny girl angels pops up on the other one, and you have a show down.
This put an image in my head and I just had to draw it. :lol:

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad316/MIssElly76/shoulder15.png

Katbot24
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Elladorine, I LOVE that! You have so much talent :)

Elladorine
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Aw, thanks! :) I may print it out and stick it on my fridge as a friendly reminder. ;)

HungryHungryHippo
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Damn, girl, you're good!
I'm guessing you do that professionally!

ForMyRoo
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Elladorine, lol that's awesome!

Kahokkuri
06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad316/MIssElly76/shoulder15.png
Love it! Too bad I'm much bigger than that girl ;)

LaurieDawn
06-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Great thread! Wasn't going to comment, though, but how could I possibly not add my voice to the chorus of people talking about that AMAZING picture. What talent you have, Elladorine. She's gorgeous, as are you!

LeilaJey
06-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Elladorine, that is amazing!

freelancemomma
06-13-2012, 08:47 AM

I second the sentiment. Well done!

F.

Iyakamae
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Fatgirl logic got me where I am today, both good and bad. Bad cause I am now a fatgirl, and good because it made me realize that all that fatgirl logic is bad.

There are days where I allow myself to 'cheat' because it's the only thing that can get me through the weight loss. If I didn't allow myself to enjoy the things that I like to eat once in a while, I know of myself that I couldn't keep this up forever.

...now if only the devil would get off my back and give me more energy, getting home in the evenings, then exercising, cooking dinner for everyone in the family and then up early in the morning is running me down. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Elladorine
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Thank you for all the comments everyone! :hug: I do a little professional work but it's mostly a hobby. :)