Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/16/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/16/12

Chloe222
05-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051) __________________ __________________

Chloe222
05-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Good morning all!
I left a question on yesterday's thread and asked Wuv for her input. It's important that all of us see it because we will all get to phase 3 at some point and it seems the protocol isn't quite clear at phases 3 and 4. I cut and pasted the response here.

Please chime in if you have info on this or if seeing your coach today and want to ask her/him these questions and report back here.

Originally Posted by Chloe222 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259065-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-may-15-2012-a-9.html#post4334730)
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

Cadu
05-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.

mylastdiet
05-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Thanks, Cadu, for reminding us to keep things in perspective. So many people are dealt things in life that they have absolutely no control over. Thanks to Ideal Protein, I am able to deal with my weight issues and slowly (steadily) my problem is "fixable." While drowning in self-pity, it's hard sometimes to remember that there are people out there with bigger issues; people who would just love to have a diet that would cure their problems and give them a better future. A quote comes to mind: "I once complained about having no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

On a "lighter" note (LOL - pun intended) I had my 5th WI yesterday and am down another 3 pounds! This was a relief because I did not feel lighter this week at all. I battled hunger for a few days for some reason and can honestly say that this was the hardest week I have had since the first week I started. I seem to be over the hump now. It was motivating to see the scale move after such a tough week.

I bought several Glad/Ziplock storage containers and my plan today is to cook several different vegetables to store in the fridge. That will make meal time so much easier.

Have a good day everyone! IP Rocks!

wendywendy
05-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).

Cadu.....you have and are still working to overcome a lot of challenges both physically and personally....my humbled hat off to you. Your looking brilliantly beautiful physically with the new IP you and the love you speak of for your daughter is heartfelt and unconditional....that's why you won't do wrong by her BECAUSE of your love. Your educating yourself about her options.....education will never steer you wrong. Stay strong, ask questions and vent ALL you want to us.....we're listening. You have your very own cheering squad on here!!! ...sending big hugs to you today...xoxo:hug:

usmcvet
05-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Carol

I'm sorry you're going through some tough times wit the upcoming seminar and decisions ahead. Do what you feel is best for you and your. And don't be down on your looks, you're beautiful inside, where it matters most and outside which is always a bonus. Seriously check out the good looking lady in the last photo!

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 07:08 AM

Carol, your wonderful heart is so evident in your posts. You will know the right path to guide your daughter in when it comes. I wish you strength and love through this journey... :hug:

I bought several Glad/Ziplock storage containers and my plan today is to cook several different vegetables to store in the fridge. That will make meal time so much easier.

Have a good day everyone! IP Rocks!

Congrats on the loss! I do the same thing with my meats and home made soups...freeze it all so I can just pop one out for a meal. Makes it so much easier...

---

Good morning everybody! Boy, the birds were chirping at 5am this morning!

Got the brakes fixed on my truck, so that's a relief. Am going to return some styrofoam insulation to Menards today, as a friend convinced me of a better way to handle a project, then more stuff to Salvation Army and a grocery run. I need two refrigerators to hold all these vegetables!

Hopefully I'll get the errands done and then continue painting the back porch...

I did my Phase 1 day without cheating, and that felt rather good, to know I still had the 'chops.' Blended the dark chocolate pudding last night with lots of ice and some WF chocolate dip, and it made a great (sort of) ice cream.

Hope you all have a wonderful day - seems to me that Wednesday is a big WI day, so good luck to you all!

CassiR
05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I wrote a bit about the p3 talk in the phase 3 thread. We are not in ketosis in phase 3. The main reason for the 2-3lb gain is because.our glycogen stores are no longer empty. This happens when knocked out of ketosis.
my coach said that my 1 packet everyday should be a restricted.
she wants me to workout a lot to make up for that 2-3lb gain. She said since we are no longer in ketosis the extra packet is not needed but I can feel free to have a RTD.
She told me all of this when I started phase 3.

The reason for no withdrawals might be because we didn't go back to eating junk and it wasnt a huge shock to our bodies like it was the first time.

prettyone
05-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Good Morning!

Good Morning and thanks Cadu for the eye opener as usual. Sometimes I think we all forget that we are not alone with life challenges. This journey may not be easy but it does take hard work. And if you give it your all you will get just that in return. You have done great thus far and Im thankful for the reminder. Have a good day.

prettyone
05-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Good Morning All

Today is WI #4 I have to go in a day earlier my coach wont be there tomorrow. Wish me luck because TOM is hanging with me this week. I hope everyone has a positive day and stays 100% OP.

Cadu
05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
A quote comes to mind: "I once complained about having no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

I had my 5th WI yesterday and am down another 3 pounds! This was a relief because I did not feel lighter this week at all. I battled hunger for a few days for some reason and can honestly say that this was the hardest week I have had since the first week I started. I seem to be over the hump now. It was motivating to see the scale move after such a tough week.

I love that quote!!
Whooo hoooooo on the 3 pounds down. I am so glad you got through that tough week. Hopefully this week will be easier for you.

Cadu.....you have and are still working to overcome a lot of challenges both physically and personally....my humbled hat off to you. Your looking brilliantly beautiful physically with the new IP you and the love you speak of for your daughter is heartfelt and unconditional....that's why you won't do wrong by her BECAUSE of your love. Your educating yourself about her options.....education will never steer you wrong. Stay strong, ask questions and vent ALL you want to us.....we're listening. You have your very own cheering squad on here!!! ...sending big hugs to you today...xoxo:hug:

Thanks Wendy! :hug:

Carol

I'm sorry you're going through some tough times wit the upcoming seminar and decisions ahead. Do what you feel is best for you and your. And don't be down on your looks, you're beautiful inside, where it matters mist and outside which is always a bonus. Seriously check out the good looking lady in the last photo!

OMG Vet.. how nice was that!! Thanks so much, you made me smile

Carol, your wonderful heart is so evident in your posts. You will know the right path to guide your daughter in when it comes. I wish you strength and love through this journey... :hug:

I did my Phase 1 day without cheating, and that felt rather good, to know I still had the 'chops.' Blended the dark chocolate pudding last night with lots of ice and some WF chocolate dip, and it made a great (sort of) ice cream.
!

Thanks Sew :hug:

You have this program down, I have no doubt that you will be forever free of your extra weight.

usmcvet
05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
From yesterday:

Whoa - tonight everything hit - I want to cry, feel completely overwhelmed and want to snack.

I don't know why - everything went good today and stayed OP. Got my daughter's graduation this Saturday and not lots of help to get ready - but I knew that so I don't think that's it.

My daughter's band concert was tonight and she got ice cream after - mmmmmm i could have drooled - just hungry I guess.

Think I'll just go to bed - that may help. :)

Sewmam

I brought my kids out for an ice cream a few days ago, I ended up buying a Powerade Zero, it was a nice treat and I only had about 1/3 of it. The bottle lasted me several more days, it was a nice treat. Even though it counts as water I didn't want to have too much.

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Good Morning!

Cadu - there are so many wonderful programs for people with disabilities, and because you love your daughter - you will see she has the best - she's already miles ahead - because she has a family that loves her! I hope today goes better than expected!

Kat2500
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Good morning everyone. At WI #3 I lost another 2.4 lbs - staying OP for three full weeks. Consistent weight loss if not a large amount of weight.

Cadu -- I have the utmost respect for mothers who have willingly taken the challenge of raising children. You will find a way to make it work - you always do.

Today is my youngest child's last day of high school and I am a little weepy - he is the last of four to finish. When he left for school he looked like such an adult.

shathom
05-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Good Morning!

Cadu,

Hang in there, you will know what to do when the time comes. You have guided your girl thus far. Love will lead you in the right direction. Don't beat yourself up, we all get in our moods, take a deep breath, remember that God will not give you more than you can handle.

Take Care, Smooches!
Shelia:hug:

Chloe222
05-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Cadu,
Your daughter is so fortunate to have you as her mom, your love and care will help her have the best life possible. And your wise perspective will guide you in making sure it happens in the smartest way.

And you are becoming healthier and more gorgeous every day. When in doubt, come and look at any of your posts. Your photo progression is an inspiration to all.

Sending love & hugs your way.

CassiR
05-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Carol, You're an amazing mom and i'm so inspired by what you do. Try not to worry about it. Good things will come. I'll keep you in my prayers.
:hug:

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Good Morning!

God bless you for being the Mom that you are! Your daughter is very lucky to have such a wonderful human for her mother. I am sure you feel blessed to have her as well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray an answer for her future will come.:hug:

MustangMolly
05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Good Morning!

Your post is very motivating. It is so easy to get caught up in our own lives and focused on what we see as obstacles that we can forget the difference or not even acknowledge the difference in those we can control and those over which we have no control. What a strong woman and wonderful mother you are. Thanks for sharing.

mtnsun4
05-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Hang in there Cadu! We are all here for you. :hug:
I have a bit of frustration myself. Not sure if Rissimo is around today but I know she had this same issue. My body is now holding on to the weight and not losing like before. I will be up 1 lb. then back down then up 2 lbs then back down......I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks. :(

smile2laugh
05-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Good Morning all!
I cannot believe it it but I have encountered the BIG "C" - Never have I had that problem. I was desperate - & took Miralax (only thing I had in house)
I've been google it but - Will it put me out of ketosis? I 've been struggling this week with the food (but still OP)- it will kill me not to lose.
What do you think?

salmongirl
05-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Carol, Thank you for reminding the rest of us that we have control over our lives. I must agree with everyone else that you will make the right choices when the time comes because you love your daughter so much. And because that seems to be the kind of person you are. You have inspired us so we know that you will continue to inspire your daughter.

Today is my youngest child's last day of high school and I am a little weepy - he is the last of four to finish. When he left for school he looked like such an adult.
It is so bittersweet! Enjoy the moment!

I have a bit of frustration myself. :(

Just keep going, stay the course and the weight will come off. Look at how far you have come.

enr20707
05-16-2012, 09:03 AM
on week 2- phase 1 and lost 11 lbs total! so excited to see the new me in the next several weeks. I'm feeling so blessed that my husband has joined me on this journey! :carrot:

sanaroph
05-16-2012, 09:21 AM
(((Cadu))) Thank you for putting IP in perspective. You are a great mom and I am sure there will be a lot of good information at the seminar. You are a strong and wonderful woman.

Just passing through to say hello. I am having difficulty at dinner because I am trying to not make separate meals but from my visit with the scales, I think I will go back to making separate meals. I used to be vegetarian (pescatarian really) eating more bean products but with IP, no beans and I dont care for soy but it seems I will have to eat soy as well. WI #6 is Friday so we will see

Enjoy your day and smile!!

Cadu
05-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Thank you all for your kindness. I love this board and I love all you wonderful people.

Ok just got back from WI and am down 3 pounds.. now... why was I feeling so down this morning?? lol another Jeykle & Hyde momment for me.

Dakin
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning all!

Carol: Trust your instincts! Women's intuition is a wonderful guide. Your daughter is lucky to have such a thoughtful, caring mom.

Mylastdiet: Congrats on the loss this week!

Swemam: What I took out of that article (I linked it at the end of Tuesday's daily chat thread) is that sometimes when a good amount of weight has been lost (the article said 10% for example) it's helpful to maintain that loss for awhile and then go for the further losses. I'm considering this as I've been at a plateau for about 3 weeks now, and am still 6 lbs above my goal. It does NOT indicate that you will be unable to maintain the loss at all.

Kat: (((hugs))) to you today. I was so weepy when my DD graduated HS. Raising children goes by soooooo fast! My advice to all new moms is "enjoy every moment!"

USMCVet: I responded to your location Q late Tuesday

I'm go for WI today.... wish me luck on breaking the plateau and getting my coaches approval to move to P2!

evepet
05-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Good morning all.

Cadu, your post certainly helps put things in perspective. I can appreciate your concern about your daughter's future, but do feel that your love and the knowledge you're accumulating about her best options will guide you in the right direction(s).

Well... :( today was WI #7 for me. And I am not happy! I'm only down
-0.6 lbs. Weight today is 193.8lbs. I did sneak a peek at the scales on Monday am and I was at 193.2...at that point it seemed my plan to not eat bars for a few days was having results, so I kept with it yesterday as well. But I was rather preoccupied yesterday with my gardening, errands, etc., and I sort of lost track of my water intake... I thought I caught up, but maybe I didn't drink quite as much as usual... maybe I'm retaining water slightly? I do feel rather bloaty.

Anyway.... I missed my 3pm protein bar, so I think I'll go back to having it! LOL.

I am chuffed though, because my Omron results show that my overall body fat % has decreased by 3% since I started in late March; my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2%; BMI is down 1.75; and in the 'body age' category I've added 3 years to my life.

It's an overcast day here in Central Ontario, Canada... looks like rain is on the agenda today. In fact... I hear it starting now.

I hope everyone has a good OP day. Keep strong. Cheers.

CkM
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great day! I noticed this morning when I put on my regular size 9 work pants this morning that I can pull them off without unbuttoning them!! I Love this feeling :) Hopefully I can hit my 20 pound goal by June 23rd...at 9 right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Dakin
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Eve
All of the gardening could be taxing your muscles more than you've been used to recently, which can affect your weight loss.
All in all, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... although I know how much I'm disappointed by not seeing the results I want to!
Keep your chin up - you're doing fabulously with IP!

evepet
05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Eve
All of the gardening could be taxing your muscles more than you've been used to recently, which can affect your weight loss.
All in all, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... although I know how much I'm disappointed by not seeing the results I want to!
Keep your chin up - you're doing fabulously with IP!

Thanks Dakin. I'm not in a *terrible* mood about it, just disappointed. And you're probably right about the gardening & muscles, etc.,... I've had pains in a few places I haven't felt in a while due to lifting, hauling dirt, etc. But I'll hang in there. I'm lighter by 16 lbs than I was at the beginning of this journey, and I definitely feel much better (and lighter)... as I was walking to the local hardware store yesterday I noticed I've got a definite spring in my step these days. :D

momat40
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Good morning all.

Cadu, your post certainly helps put things in perspective. I can appreciate your concern about your daughter's future, but do feel that your love and the knowledge you're accumulating about her best options will guide you in the right direction(s).

Well... :( today was WI #7 for me. And I am not happy! I'm only down
-0.6 lbs. Weight today is 193.8lbs. I did sneak a peek at the scales on Monday am and I was at 193.2...at that point it seemed my plan to not eat bars for a few days was having results, so I kept with it yesterday as well. But I was rather preoccupied yesterday with my gardening, errands, etc., and I sort of lost track of my water intake... I thought I caught up, but maybe I didn't drink quite as much as usual... maybe I'm retaining water slightly? I do feel rather bloaty.

Anyway.... I missed my 3pm protein bar, so I think I'll go back to having it! LOL.

I am chuffed though, because my Omron results show that my overall body fat % has decreased by 3% since I started in late March; my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2%; BMI is down 1.75; and in the 'body age' category I've added 3 years to my life.

It's an overcast day here in Central Ontario, Canada... looks like rain is on the agenda today. In fact... I hear it starting now.

I hope everyone has a good OP day. Keep strong. Cheers.

Good morning all,

Eve: I had a busy weekend 2 weeks ago, when I was doing lots of walking at Sea World & Blueberry Festival back to back days. It was very hot and I drank my normal water intake, and I had a gain of 1.3. I really think I overdid it with all the walking in the heat and should had drank more water.
This week I had an almost 4 lb. drop :)

Keep doing what you are doing, it will go back down.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
05-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning all!
I left a question on yesterday's thread and asked Wuv for her input. It's important that all of us see it because we will all get to phase 3 at some point and it seems the protocol isn't quite clear at phases 3 and 4. I cut and pasted the response here.

Please chime in if you have info on this or if seeing your coach today and want to ask her/him these questions and report back here.

Originally Posted by Chloe222 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259065-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-may-15-2012-a-9.html#post4334730)
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

__________________ Phase 3 is when we are reawaking our pancreas so yes we are no longer in ketosis... and as Cassie says, I did get info from my coach and there is quite a lot of info in there. Phase 4 is more the gray issue where it isn't real clear. I have been in maintenance since Nov and not that sucessful. It is real hard to maintain... I am hoping it gets better. I am/was confused about what are carbs and what are fats and then just kind of slacked off at christmas and am now trying to lose again what I gained back. Don't be afraid of phase 3 it is a goal saying that you have made it through the toughest part and am on your way.
I thought phase 1 was easy and now since being in maintenace which I found hard being back at phase 1 is equally hard.

Good Morning!

Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment. You are doing great, your pictures say so much. You will make the best decisions for your daughter. It is just one of those mornings where we all feel a little sorry for ourselves.. It will pass and you are going to have a great day and night and tomorrow after getting all the information to help your daughter you will look back on this morning and think, hmmm I made it through the day and everything will be okay. Yeah me!

CassiR
05-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Phase 3 is when we are reawaking our pancreas so yes we are no longer in ketosis... and as Cassie says, I did get info from my coach and there is quite a lot of info in there. Phase 4 is more the gray issue where it isn't real clear. I have been in maintenance since Nov and not that sucessful. It is real hard to maintain... I am hoping it gets better. I am/was confused about what are carbs and what are fats and then just kind of slacked off at christmas and am now trying to lose again what I gained back. Don't be afraid of phase 3 it is a goal saying that you have made it through the toughest part and am on your way.
I thought phase 1 was easy and now since being in maintenace which I found hard being back at phase 1 is equally hard.

Thanks 2ride. I've been following you maintainers and I'm being very weary of my habits as I enter maintenance. I know it's not going to be easy. I don't think we realized how difficult it was going to be out of ketosis and the cravings come back.. It was much easier to resist in ketosis. Anyways, you've done great! You can do this. Thank you again for putting things into prespective. I can see how going back to phase 1 is going to be difficult after being in maintenance for a while. I already don't want to go back :hug:

mooselover
05-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Good Morning all!
I cannot believe it it but I have encountered the BIG "C" - Never have I had that problem. I was desperate - & took Miralax (only thing I had in house)
I've been google it but - Will it put me out of ketosis? I 've been struggling this week with the food (but still OP)- it will kill me not to lose.
What do you think?

Miralax and Novilax are the only things my coach lets us have. I've taken Miralax many times and it did not kick me out of ketisis. My coach did recommend I take more than recommended on the package if the Big C was real bad. Hope it helps.

mooselover
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you all for your kindness. I love this board and I love all you wonderful people.

Ok just got back from WI and am down 3 pounds.. now... why was I feeling so down this morning?? lol another Jeykle & Hyde momment for me.

Cadu,

Before I got on here this morning I was thinking about how nice you are and what a wonderful person you must be. Then I read your post. Wow, you are an amazing person!!!! Your family is so lucky to have you :D

Good job on you weight loss. You are doing so awesome :carrot: Love your pictures too. Such a cute face ;)

IPdivajen
05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Cadu - you set such a wonderful example for your daughter just by being the amazing mom you are. Take much comfort in that - she has a wonderful life because you opened your heart to her. That's pretty amazing stuff. And those progression photos? Incredible! You should be so proud on all fronts!!

evepet - hard to believe but gardening can be killer! Talk to your coach about maybe adding an extra packet (or even half of one) on hard gardening days so that you're not sacrificing lean or retaining water. My SIL is on IP and doing lots of work at our place and that's what she has to do to stay balanced.

DH and I were in Ottawa over the weekend and did a LOT of walking so we each added an extra pack and it made a world of difference. I had a light loss this week (2.2lbs - lots of factors at play) but it was all fat and no lean so that extra pack really helped.

AFM, I'm nutso busy these days and miss not being able to spend as much time here! :( Work is crazy, we're doing lots of stuff at home around the house, and today is DH's birthday so there's lots involved in that too (fun stuff, but still!). I can't WAIT for the long weekend. Can't.freakin.wait.

IPdivajen
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Miralax and Novilax are the only things my coach lets us have. I've taken Miralax many times and it did not kick me out of ketisis. My coach did recommend I take more than recommended on the package if the Big C was real bad. Hope it helps.

There's also a product called Florilax that you can get from your coach - it's the one mine prefers across the board for the C issue.

mooselover
05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Good morning everyone. I am looking forward to all the WI posts today. Wednesday is my favorite day on here since there are so many inspiring WI's to look for. I have a busy day with work. It's PAYDAY :) I will check back in later. Hope everyone has a great day. Keep up the good work and keep posting!!!

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 10:58 AM

:dancer: WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!:dancer:

prettygirlusaf
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM

That is great!! You are really transforming, can't wait for your new pics!!

LizRR
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM

HEY, HEY, HEY - Congrats on another 3lb gone forever! You must have had an estrogen rush this morning from all that fat burning!

My 'baby' brother has special needs (he's 35, but will always be my BABY brother!). There are a lot of options out there after aging out of school, it's great you are being proactive and taking the time to find them all out! Just a random question - has your daughter participated in Special Olympics? After he aged out of school my parents involved him in SOTX adult leagues for bowling, track & field, and cycling. It has done wonders by filling a very large social need - after he finished school there was a very lonely lull in his life, now his weekends are packed.

Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great day! I noticed this morning when I put on my regular size 9 work pants this morning that I can pull them off without unbuttoning them!! I Love this feeling :) Hopefully I can hit my 20 pound goal by June 23rd...at 9 right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

I have now got that "Pants on The Ground! Pants on The Ground!" song in my head! Be careful, don't want to be "Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!"

atho128
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
WI #3 tomorrow and kind of nervous. I don't feel like any lighter, and I had a lot of trouble staying OP when I went home for the weekend, but I did it! Anyway, praying the whoosh fairy comes!! I can't believe it has already been three whole weeks. It seems like just yesterday I was telling all of you how my week one WI felt like a year haha

Good luck to everyone who has WIs soon!! And congrats to all of those who already lost!! woohoo IP!

prettygirlusaf
05-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Well after my seriously crabby day yesterday, I am feeling better!!!! I put on a pair of capri's from last summer and they are quite baggy on me!!!! So then I decided to try on a bunch of shirts that have been hanging in my closet not being worn because they were just too tight. I had so much fun, with each shirt being comfortable I was just so happy!!! I am glad I can go shopping in my own closet for transitional clothing!!! I told my husband I am going on a major shopping spree when I get to goal!!!! I was about to throw in the towel yesterday, just so bored with this program, but I can handle boring for awhile when I feel this good about how I am starting to look!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

mooselover
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
There's also a product called Florilax that you can get from your coach - it's the one mine prefers across the board for the C issue.

Hmm, Novilax is an IP product I purchased from my coach. I wonder if Florilax Novilax are the same product? It also part of the cleanse.

IPdivajen
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Hmm, Novilax is an IP product I purchased from my coach. I wonder if Florilax Novilax are the same product? It also part of the cleanse.

Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.

lindsayk86
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I had my weigh in this morning and was down 1.2lbs. I'll take it. I have been struggling for the first time ever with the Big "C" issues this week. So I need to evaluate everything I have been doing lately to see where the problem might be..
It has started getting nice here that I have started to walk the trails again at night. The kids love it because they can ride their bikes and I can get my exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Cadu, I agree with everyone else, you are doing an outstanding job with your daughter and she will always be grateful to you for adopting her to let her have a better life. When a child enters your life it is changed forever and we always worry from that first day we get them. My boys are 20 and 24 and I worry everyday about how they will handle life and the decisions they make. All we can do as parents is help guide them alonge the way. You will follow your gut and everything will work out.

Moose, LOVE your progress pics....looking GOOD!!...keep it up

Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!

Karen71
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Love reading everyone's posts...so inspiring!

Had WI #2 today...down 3.6 lbs. VERY happy with that as it is also TOM. Can't wait for next week. Looks like I might be able to actually lose 20#s within the first month. How awesome would that be? Either way I will be really, REALLY close. Woo Hoo!

I just love IP! So much easier than I thought it would be.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

rcrane3232
05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Good Morning!

Carol, Although you woke up cranky, you are truly an inspirational woman. Your daughter is sure one lucky woman to have you to advocate for her and to keep up with educating yourself for her needs. From looking at your photos it looks like you have come quite a long way, what a great transformation. There are many great transition programs out there for your daughter, hopefully you will be able to find one in your area.

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!

Sounds like he's just not ready for it. Not to be mean, but maybe a heart attack will make him realize how serious weight is. I've got friends who I'd love to see try this, but all I can do is live by example and hopefully show the joy that comes from finally understanding my health and doing whatever it took to do this program. Who knows...maybe he'll come around and you can still be here for him. He couldn't have a better role model. :hug:

Kaypix
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on.
Carol~ You are so inspirational, and I know we all have "those mornings", but I'm glad your WI today reflected that you've been succeeding beautifully, even if it seems stressful with everything going on in your life. Your daughter is very lucky to have you in her life, and the only "wrong" thing you could possibly do is stop loving her, and somehow I don't see that as a possibility ;) Stay tough chica!

I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks. :(

I found a blog about someone with plateau: Here's the gist of it and the link (http://jenniferscollectionofrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/03/ideal-protein-boot-camp.html): Stick to soups, jello, juices, and pudding packets. No dinner "meat" except either another packet, or one egg + 3 egg whites, no restricted snacks or occasional veggies , lots of water, and add lemon juice in the morning to help flush stuff out from the night before. I hope this helps? The site said about 2-3 days of this should get the scale moving. I haven't really "hit" a plateau yet (if you count a 2lb loss as standard, which I do) so can't confirm this, but it's an idea.

Thanks Dakin. I'm not in a *terrible* mood about it, just disappointed. And you're probably right about the gardening & muscles, etc.,... I've had pains in a few places I haven't felt in a while due to lifting, hauling dirt, etc. But I'll hang in there. I'm lighter by 16 lbs than I was at the beginning of this journey, and I definitely feel much better (and lighter)... as I was walking to the local hardware store yesterday I noticed I've got a definite spring in my step these days. :D
Just remember what 1 pound of fat looks like, le' eew! Maybe measure your "spots" and see if one lost some size because of that 1 pound :)

My cousins (2 of them) are actually now diabetic because of weight gain and poor diets. Diabetes is strong in my family and they are just laying down and taking it, along with their insulin, and it'll be for the rest of their lives. I asked if either had considered a low carb diet like IP or Atkins, nope and nope. It's really frustrating when family members are stubborn or quitters :(

Had WI #2 today...down 3.6 lbs. VERY happy with that as it is also TOM. Can't wait for next week. Looks like I might be able to actually lose 20#s within the first month. How awesome would that be? Either way I will be really, REALLY close. Woo Hoo!
Karen~ Holy cow great job!!

~~Alright, so it's almost noon before I got to read the threads today ... er... my bad lol. Work is hectic, in a good way, my To Do list is so much longer than my "It's Done" list it's just kind of sad. And I think I have To Do List bunnies that live in my drawer and make baby To Do's every night, cuz that list keeps getting longer!
Let's see, weighed myself this morning to see if yesterday's "penance" paid off, down .4 lb so I guess so. Still have 1.2 lbs to drop to just balance out by next Monday, but I'm gonna keep walkin' and movin' this week to try and promote that.
I made coffee this morning, then blended up my chocolate protein mix with a few ounces of water (made it thick but not chunky) and poured into my coffee, it were soooo good! The stuff I'm using is not IP and gets chunky if you pour it into hot water directly (found that out the hard way) so I decided to go this approach, it worked :) My fridge at work has cucumbers for the next 3 days ready to go, and I'm going to try and improve my walking time today, we'll see how that goes since it's a looong walk on my lunch break (2+ miles is very long for me). Ahh! and NSV today, I looked in the mirror, and my butt got smaller! Didn't measure, but I was like "YAY LESS JUNK IN MY TRUNK!" ... DH thought I had lost my mind, but agreed with me anyways (nice guy).
Well, I'm off to review my To Do list...wish me luck!

Great job on all the Weigh in's this week and I hope everyone has a great OP day!

sanaroph
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Kaypix
Thank you for sharing the link about the big 'P' because I have been feeling that way and was actually going to call my center to see if I can just use a 4th packet instead of the meat for dinner.

DanafromAustin
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Good Morning!

Sending hugs from one adoptive mother to another. We adopted our son at birth, and he along with his older sister, have been our greatest gifts by far. My older daughter is also special needs. I am humbled each day by her bravery and courage to face her challenges over things that most of us take for granted. I am sure you will make the right choices for your daughter and thank goodness you are both a part of each others life.

As for you girlfriend, look how far you have come, and your pictures are a testimonial to that. Time to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. :hug:

I have a bit of frustration myself. Not sure if Rissimo is around today but I know she had this same issue. My body is now holding on to the weight and not losing like before. I will be up 1 lb. then back down then up 2 lbs then back down......I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks. :(

Hang in there. I went through the same thing over the few weeks, but it looks like the scale is moving again. I tried everything to make the scale move, and in the end none of it worked other than just giving my body time to adjust before loosing again. Hang in there.

Cadu - you set such a wonderful example for your daughter just by being the amazing mom you are. Take much comfort in that - she has a wonderful life because you opened your heart to her. That's pretty amazing stuff. And those progression photos? Incredible! You should be so proud on all fronts!!

evepet - hard to believe but gardening can be killer! Talk to your coach about maybe adding an extra packet (or even half of one) on hard gardening days so that you're not sacrificing lean or retaining water. My SIL is on IP and doing lots of work at our place and that's what she has to do to stay balanced.

DH and I were in Ottawa over the weekend and did a LOT of walking so we each added an extra pack and it made a world of difference. I had a light loss this week (2.2lbs - lots of factors at play) but it was all fat and no lean so that extra pack really helped.

AFM, I'm nutso busy these days and miss not being able to spend as much time here! :( Work is crazy, we're doing lots of stuff at home around the house, and today is DH's birthday so there's lots involved in that too (fun stuff, but still!). I can't WAIT for the long weekend. Can't.freakin.wait.
Your new picture is great and you are doing amazing!!! :carrot:
Good Morning Everyone,

I had my weigh in this morning and was down 1.2lbs. I'll take it. I have been struggling for the first time ever with the Big "C" issues this week. So I need to evaluate everything I have been doing lately to see where the problem might be..
It has started getting nice here that I have started to walk the trails again at night. The kids love it because they can ride their bikes and I can get my exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!
I finally found something that is really working for me; Smooth Move tea. I drink a cup before bed every night, and that stuff really does work. Plus I LOVE licorice, so I'm enjoying the taste too.

Back from WI and down 3 pounds!! This is very exciting because the scale had basically stopped over the past two weeks. I tried every trick in the book to make the scale move over those weeks, but in the end it started moving again when my body was good and ready, and not before. My coach told me to just be patient because I've lost so much already, and to trust the process. She was right.:)

Congrats to all of those with good WI's today and hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Sounds like he's just not ready for it. Not to be mean, but maybe a heart attack will make him realize how serious weight is. I've got friends who I'd love to see try this, but all I can do is live by example and hopefully show the joy that comes from finally understanding my health and doing whatever it took to do this program. Who knows...maybe he'll come around and you can still be here for him. He couldn't have a better role model. :hug:
That is EXACTLY what is going to have to happen to him then maybe he will open his eyes.

My cousins (2 of them) are actually now diabetic because of weight gain and poor diets. Diabetes is strong in my family and they are just laying down and taking it, along with their insulin, and it'll be for the rest of their lives. I asked if either had considered a low carb diet like IP or Atkins, nope and nope. It's really frustrating when family members are stubborn or quitters :(

Our grandmother was a diabetic and so was his mom's mother so it runs in the family. He will learn one day I just hope he opens his eyes before its too late

paulimapi
05-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi! I hope everyone's feeling positive today and staying OP.

I think the main thing that worries me/I'm not completely happy with in this diet is that I'm not sure how I'm going to do in maintainance. It's just really easy to gain all the weight back, but I'm hoping that thinking about my health will help me keep the weight off. I try not to think about this for now though, because it's going to be a while since I'm there anyway.

I bought a dress online :) It's size small, so it motivates me to keep going so I can fit in it. It says size small fits a 34-36 inch bust, and mine is 38 right now but hopefully it'll be at least 36 soon. The dress takes about 3 weeks getting here anyway so that gives me even more time haha.

This is the dress:
http://www.forever21.com/images/model_front/00036870-06.jpg

I've just decided I need to keep buying everything in size small, no excuses. And I'm never in my life buying a size large again.

NOVAScents
05-16-2012, 01:07 PM
:carrot:Just got back from my WI- down 10lbs in two weeks! Hope this momentum keeps up!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.

You look fabulous! Just wanted to let you know that.:)

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Cadu, I agree with everyone else, you are doing an outstanding job with your daughter and she will always be grateful to you for adopting her to let her have a better life. When a child enters your life it is changed forever and we always worry from that first day we get them. My boys are 20 and 24 and I worry everyday about how they will handle life and the decisions they make. All we can do as parents is help guide them alonge the way. You will follow your gut and everything will work out.

Sometimes a person does just have to be ready - and nothing can make them ready except themselves. I know I keep small goes. Maybe it's just getting through the day, or drinking 100 ounces of water, etc. Maybe he the big picture is overwhelming - maybe he needs day by day goals. It is always discouraging when someone you love isn't quite ready for our help. I hope things work out!

:carrot:Just got back from my WI- down 10lbs in two weeks! Hope this momentum keeps up!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Awesome!! Way to go!!

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Just checking in - and am so excited by everyone's losses! Way to go-

Mooselover - love your pics - you look great!

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!

smile2laugh
05-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Oh Thank you Mooselover! - I really want to lose this week since I'm feeling deprived this week. I have lost 28lbs but am beginning to miss the bad stuff. Thanks

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 01:31 PM

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
Fantastic news, I am sure y'all are very overwhelmed right now. Keeping everyone in my prayers

Chloe222
05-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks 2ride. I've been following you maintainers and I'm being very weary of my habits as I enter maintenance. I know it's not going to be easy. I don't think we realized how difficult it was going to be out of ketosis and the cravings come back.. It was much easier to resist in ketosis. Anyways, you've done great! You can do this. Thank you again for putting things into prespective. I can see how going back to phase 1 is going to be difficult after being in maintenance for a while. I already don't want to go back :hug:
Hi Cassie,
What a journey this is! So much to learn. Have you looked at The Carb Sensitivity book? I'm going to pre-order it - delivery is sometime in August unless you get the e-book. Please keep letting us know how things are going in maintenance. I'm only in phase 3 for vacation phase off and then in 3 weeks I'm back to phase 1 till I reach goal, probably 2-3 months.

Jen,
Love your new pic! Re Florilax, can you tell us what's in them?

thanks!

IPdivajen
05-16-2012, 01:54 PM
From what I can see it's psyillium, oat bran and flaxseed. So more natural stuff. You can actually buy floralax (I spelled it wrong, sorry!) from all kinds of providers, even though IP makes their own type, but of course check with your coach first.

It has seriously been a lifesaver for my SIL who was having a terrible time.

And thanks for the kind words re my new pic!

prettygirlusaf
05-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Dealing with the big "C", my coach told me to use sugar free metamucil, but I found an all natural fiber supplement with 3 calories and no sugar. It is like ground up bran, and gritty but I don't mind that texture. I like very earthy things. It is psyillium husk. It is by konsyl.

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM

This truly is a blessing, this story sounds just like my deceased sisters story but she did not get the "good news", hers had spread to the bones and she died last August. I am so relieved for your friend!! God is definately working miracles here!! Bless her and thank you for sharing her good news!:hug:

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi All and happy Wednesday!

Good to read your posts and encouragement from others.

I seem to be super hungry today, which is probably boredom so here I am nosing around on the IP threads. I went ahead and ate my lunch at 11:00. I sure hope I don't pay for that later this afternoon...I still have some vegetables and salad to tide me over. I have some chicken breast marinating in the fridge at home so looking forward to grilling that tonight for my dinner. I sure have "food on the brain" today.
I just want to share a thought regarding maintenance for myself with others. I am going to be on a restricted carb food program the rest of my life. I have proven over and over that I cannot handle refined carbs (they send me totally over the edge with cravings) and I know I am as afraid of them as I am to crack. I was wondering if when your pancreas gets reset if you where supposed to be able to handle them again. It is very interesting reading about the people here in maintenance (phase 4) and hearing of their struggles. I realize my weight will forever be something I need to be vigilant about. I have proven to myself that if I stay away from the grains and sugars I seem to be able to keep it in check.
Just my two cents worth for today, thanks for listening to me.

cupcakecathy
05-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Back from my fist WI and hada 7 pound lost. Onto to week two, actutally finding it easy to follow.

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Back from my fist WI and hada 7 pound lost. Onto to week two, actutally finding it easy to follow.
WOOHOO!!...congrats all of that hard first week paid off for you...onto week 2 now!

mlucas
05-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Good Afternoon ALL!

Well pretty great WI for me! 1st offical week down of P3 no gain, no loss BUT.... I'm down 1%BF and lost 1 inch! So i'm excited about that! On to week 2 of P3 and then on to HOME....WA baby!!! so excited i cant stand it! lol But even more, i'm excited to get back on P1 and lose lose lose!!! :D I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

CassiR
05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi Cassie,
What a journey this is! So much to learn. Have you looked at The Carb Sensitivity book? I'm going to pre-order it - delivery is sometime in August unless you get the e-book. Please keep letting us know how things are going in maintenance. I'm only in phase 3 for vacation phase off and then in 3 weeks I'm back to phase 1 till I reach goal, probably 2-3 months.

Chloe, Look at that ticker move!! It will fly by after your vacation, too! I havent looked into that book but I will. I can add it on my Nook. You should read "Lean Secrets" by Brenda Turner. She's very down to earth and focuses on clean eating (which involves low carb) and exercise. It's a good read! It is only available as PDF though. If you have an e-reader you can use that though. :hug:

mlucas
05-16-2012, 03:07 PM

I'm surprised they havent kicked him off the progam if he's cheating. I was told absolutly no cheating or they will kick you off the program! Scared the pee right out of me and have never cheated lol.. i cant lie anyway but still..

mooselover
05-16-2012, 03:13 PM

It is sold as a seperate product and my coach used it daily for 6 months and i use it all the time. Have had no trouble.

mlucas
05-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Good Morning!

My nephew is now 24 years old, and has full downs, has a JOB, finished school and also participates in the Special Olympics every year! He has thrived beyone everyone's wildest dreams. His parents took full advantage of every non-profit, orginzations, and benefit known to man. He's the happiest guy and now has a girl friend.. they are so cute! But there is always something. I used to work for a Non-profit for people living with disabilities and it was the most reward job i have ever had. It really hit home (especially since my Uncle was my neighbor lol) But the opportunties they created for parents and people like your daughter and my nephew are amazing. If you want i can give you the companies information and see if they know of other companies/orgainizations in NJ that could help you and your daughters future. Let me know! Great WI today!! Yay you! :D

smile2laugh
05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Congratulations all of you with WIs today ! Although I weigh in tomorrow Ihad a NSV ~I was rushed this morning and ironed my capris and was running down the stairs when I noticed my capris were hanging around my thighs!! YEAHH - Eventhough I have lost 28lbs I was still able to wear my clothes (very lose-of course)
Mom had sent over some of her bigger clothes & I put on a pair of her capris --16 There is no W after the number! Woohoo - I can shop in the regular sizes! (But not yet- still want to lose more!!)
I just needed to share that :)

rissimo
05-16-2012, 03:17 PM

I'm here. We can't let our bodies get the best of us, we have come way too far!! We are in control not it. Yes it is very frustrating watching the scale move upward, but we knew that it was going to happen eventually. I had even talke to Lisa about jumping to phase 3 for two weeks to try and jump start my system like she did if I gained more on the last weigh in. Thank Goodness it decided to go down. Don't let it get to you, it will finally give up when it realizes that we are not giving up. I tried switching things up a bit the past week to see if that helped any. For Bfast I had my bar and coffee, for lunch I made chicken salador tuna and then I cut a bell pepper in half and put my chicken or tuna salad in it and then had cucumbers as well. Then for dinner I had a RTD and veggies. I don't know if switching when I had my protein helped or not but I did lose that time. We know what to do, we know that it can be done and we know we CAN do it.

mooselover
05-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I have a NSV to share. Last night my husband reached over to hug me in bed. As he hugged my shoulder he said. Wow, your shoulder is boney. I laughed and said "boney is not a way I have ever described myself" Big smile on my face :)

ProteinGal
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I have a NSV to share. Last night my husband reached over to hug me in bed. As he hugged my shoulder he said. Wow, your shoulder is boney. I laughed and said "boney is not a way I have ever described myself" Big smile on my face :)

Awe sweet, thats a great NSV! WTG!

coffeebean
05-16-2012, 03:50 PM
wuv, great new picture. You are an inspiration.

mooselover
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM

Aww thanks :)

And great news for you friend :carrot:

mooselover
05-16-2012, 04:02 PM

Aww thanks Wuv :D

I know how frustrating this is. I am dealing with the same thing with good friend of mine. Different subject, but hate feeling like I am beating my head against the wall. I told her last week that I didn't think I could help her anymoer cuz it was driving me crazy.

evepet
05-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Kaypix
Thank you for sharing the link about the big 'P' because I have been feeling that way and was actually going to call my center to see if I can just use a 4th packet instead of the meat for dinner.

I may try that for a couple of days too, to see if I can get my bod to switch to a higher weight-loss gear.

MaggieD
05-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I thoroughly enjoy reading all the inspirational posts today. Congratulations to all who have good weigh-ins and NSVs news today to share!

I just had my WI and I'm down another 1.5 pounds. Because my teeth are still sore from the new braces, my coach and I decided to keep me at Phase 2 for another week. While I'd like to finish the phases and move to maintenance, another side of me is quite OK that I've built a " cushion" for when the pounds go up as the glycogen stores build back up in Phase 3.

Wuv, I totally get your frustration. I keep trying to get my DH to start IP or do something about his weight. I can't seem to make him understand it is my love for him and his health that Leads me to suggest he change his eating habits (his father was diabetic), and not just me nagging for nagging's sake.

Hockeymom40
05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Good Afternoon, haven't been able to keep up with all the posts lately. Had my WI today, this was the 1st time in 17 weeks that I did not lose. I was up .5 not bad at all and I am definitely suffering from the big "C" ad my hydration level was up. Had salty pork loin last night. Bought some NoviLax so I should be back to normal in no time. Coach told me I couldn't use Miralax, not sure if that was just to sell me another product or if it would mess up the diet. Congrats to all others with losses this week. Hang in there Cadu, there are so many resources out there I am sure you will be able to set something up for her.

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
wuv, great new picture. You are an inspiration.

Thank you!

WingnutandMe
05-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon. Something I never get to do during the week, get on before about 6:30PM. As some will remember I had a horrible day at work yesterday. It got worse last night and this morning as all that free estrogen roaming my body took over and I tore into DH. Oh my, shades of my younger days when I was really plagued by PMS. He has not been in my life that long to have experienced hormonal Molly. It was not pretty.

Anyway, why am I home online (we can't ever get online at work). This morning the fire alarm went off. No drill. The computer room in our building caught on fire. Didn't know that until after I went and stood in a long line in the cafeteria for a chicken salad. Only to get back to my desk and be sent home. Had a NSV during that though. 50 lbs ago, there would have not been a way I could have walked down the 8 flights of stairs and to the far end of the parking lot and stood there for a half hour then walked back. Though I am very stiff now. Unfortunately, I have foot and leg problems that have greatly limited any exercise for me for many years and it's hard to walk around even weighing less. But, what I did today was unbelievable.

Cadu, what a great mom and wahoo on the 3#.
Wuv, your tough love has helped so many of us, maybe it will plant a seed in him that will work out.
Sewmam, all you've done to the house is inspiring.
Darralyn, great picture, makes you look 10 years+ younger. What a difference.
evepet, somewhere back I think there were posts about it being a struggle for a lot of people around week 7.
auroragrl, that's wonderful about your friend,
Cassie & 2Ride, sort of scary to listen about phasing off and maintenance. I have quite a while, but I don't want to fail, scared like sewmam.

all you with progress pics, lookin' great.
the WIs sound great, few more days till mine.

Sorry if I left someone out. Appreciate what everyone has to say each time.

Molly

Porthardygurl
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Hello IP peoples..

Well, its day 1 here and its going good. Since discovering MIO in Canada, i have been downing my water like a nutcase..aka Lots! Its really helped with the craving thing..I guess cause it tastes fruity and really sweet, it helps me not to want anything else thats sweet. This time around back on, im in luck..My hubby bought me a beautiful treadmill(if your like half the other people out there telling me that it will turn into a plant holder...FORGET IT!) I logged a 3km walk this morning which was good..for you Americans..thats about 1.5 miles or 7 laps around a track. It wasnt at a super high intensity..i will say moderate to low..and im sweating bullets...every part of me is sweating.. I think this is key for me personally. I know some can just do diet without exercise but for me i need to walk. We bought a treadmill cause it rains outside soooooo much throughout the year so now i have no excuse not to go for a walk!! and for me.. i find when i do walk..i eat less and my sanity comes back...it really helps deal with the mom issues that you face when you have a whiny two year old.

Anywho..will be checking in again soon.. i know that journalling also keeps me in check..so will check in later.

Have a great day.

PS: Wuv..im astonished..look at you!! you look incredible..first word that came to my head was "Gorgeous".

usmcvet

Very Sweet.

rahfan
I weigh in tomorrow. Lost 10lbs in the first three weeks, weeks 1 & 2 4 lbs each, week 3 only 2lbs. Scared of weigh in tomorrow. I haven't cheated either! Ugh. Can be frustrating. Just hoping I'm a loser tomorrow. Hubby has lost over 20lbs in the same amount of time. Men!

evepet
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Just remember what 1 pound of fat looks like, le' eew! Maybe measure your "spots" and see if one lost some size because of that 1 pound :)

Thx Kaypix. I often remind myself that 1 lb of fat takes up about the same space as a coffee mug.... and even though I've 'just' lost 16 lbs - that represents quite a bit of fat loss! Looking at things that way definitely keeps me positive.

Back from WI and down 3 pounds!! This is very exciting because the scale had basically stopped over the past two weeks. I tried every trick in the book to make the scale move over those weeks, but in the end it started moving again when my body was good and ready, and not before. My coach told me to just be patient because I've lost so much already, and to trust the process. She was right.:)

Congrats Dana - glad the scale is moving for you again. I know you've been frustrated.

Such good news. Everyone must be overwhelmed with relief today.

Hi Cassie,
!

I'm reading The Carb Sensitivity Program now. I wanted to get into it, so got it for my Kobo. As I get closer to my goal weight, I will get a hard copy version... will be much easier for the daily menu suggestions, etc. What she says definitely resonates with me though, and fits perfectly with the IP philosophy.

I seem to be super hungry today, which is probably boredom so here I am nosing around on the IP threads. I went ahead and ate my lunch at 11:00. I sure hope I don't pay for that later this afternoon...I still have some vegetables and salad to tide me over. I have some chicken breast marinating in the fridge at home so looking forward to grilling that tonight for my dinner. I sure have "food on the brain" today.
I just want to share a thought regarding maintenance for myself with others. I am going to be on a restricted carb food program the rest of my life. I have proven over and over that I cannot handle refined carbs (they send me totally over the edge with cravings) and I know I am as afraid of them as I am to crack. I was wondering if when your pancreas gets reset if you where supposed to be able to handle them again. It is very interesting reading about the people here in maintenance (phase 4) and hearing of their struggles. I realize my weight will forever be something I need to be vigilant about. I have proven to myself that if I stay away from the grains and sugars I seem to be able to keep it in check.
Just my two cents worth for today, thanks for listening to me.

I too seem to do best when I steer clear of grains and sugars. And at my age I now know this will be necessary for the rest of my life. I guess it would be impractical - not to mention probably unhealthy - to live in a slight state of ketosis forever.... (smiling here)... but it would make life easier! As I read some of the comments from those here going through Phase 4 and maintenance it worries me a little too... but I can only trust that we learn enough as we progress through the Phases to be able to cope with what comes up. One step at a time.

Woo-Hoo! -7lbs! Way to go!

Good Afternoon ALL!

Well pretty great WI for me! 1st offical week down of P3 no gain, no loss BUT.... I'm down 1%BF and lost 1 inch! So i'm excited about that! On to week 2 of P3 and then on to HOME....WA baby!!! so excited i cant stand it! lol But even more, i'm excited to get back on P1 and lose lose lose!!! :D I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats! On both your successful 1st official week of P3... and your upcoming trip to WA. :)

Congratulations all of you with WIs today ! Although I weigh in tomorrow Ihad a NSV ~I was rushed this morning and ironed my capris and was running down the stairs when I noticed my capris were hanging around my thighs!! YEAHH - Eventhough I have lost 28lbs I was still able to wear my clothes (very lose-of course)
Mom had sent over some of her bigger clothes & I put on a pair of her capris --16 There is no W after the number! Woohoo - I can shop in the regular sizes! (But not yet- still want to lose more!!)
I just needed to share that :)

Thanks for sharing. These NSV moments are so precious. Every time I put on a piece of clothing that's noticeably looser, it gives me a lift.

I'm here. We can't let our bodies get the best of us, we have come way too far!! We are in control not it. Yes it is very frustrating watching the scale move upward, but we knew that it was going to happen eventually. I had even talke to Lisa about jumping to phase 3 for two weeks to try and jump start my system like she did if I gained more on the last weigh in. Thank Goodness it decided to go down. Don't let it get to you, it will finally give up when it realizes that we are not giving up. I tried switching things up a bit the past week to see if that helped any. For Bfast I had my bar and coffee, for lunch I made chicken salador tuna and then I cut a bell pepper in half and put my chicken or tuna salad in it and then had cucumbers as well. Then for dinner I had a RTD and veggies. I don't know if switching when I had my protein helped or not but I did lose that time. We know what to do, we know that it can be done and we know we CAN do it.

Is it acceptable to switch dinner to lunch and vice-versa while in Phase 1? I've wondered on occasion if that might speed up my weight loss? I seem to be stuck in the -1lb mode for the last few weeks.

Mooselover, just want to comment on your pictures. You look great. You've lost your 'chubby cheeks'... I say that with the utmost affection, because I'm well on the way to losing mine too.. a friend commented on that just a couple of days ago. BTW - what a nice NSV... your 'boney' shoulder. LOL.

usmcvet
05-16-2012, 04:48 PM
So I am still working on a new picture but check out the young stud on the left

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/150318_1333895286667_1809625455_671760_4743435_n.j pg

This photo is about 3 years old and was taken after a rain storm in St. Lucia just before my sisters wedding. Kylie and I are being silly. As you can see, not much hair on my head so the do you have more hair comment was kinda funny.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/KylieWarFace.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/29642_1200319347352_1809625455_416688_4850442_n.jp g

This photo is a few years old too, the kids are all much taller now. I will dig up this years photo from our Aquarium Trip.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/24380_1137489616648_1809625455_292781_7365233_n.jp g

WingnutandMe
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
So I am still working on a new picture but check out the young stud on the left

It's always nice to put a face to name. Just think, in no time you'll be back to the "young stud on the left"

Unfortunately, though you burst my bubble with the pics. Saying you are a police chief in a small Vermont town, made me imagine Tom Selleck as Jesse Stone (yeah, I know that's Maine, not Vermont). Love that series, love Tom Selleck. When you get back to being that young stud, you'll definitely give Tom a run for his money.

Keep it up. You are doing so great and are such an inspiration to us all.
Molly

NewPath
05-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Good Morning!

Thanks for putting things in perspective. It is so easy to take things for granted in our lives. It most certainly is easy to have a pit party for ourselves, while around us there are tragedies and horrible things happening everywhere. I hope that you have a strong support system. You are an angel for adopting your "little angel" and should be so proud of yourself for opening up your life for such a special child : ) You will make all of the right decisions, you are a wonderful mom, I can tell by the way you think, and the way you write. I think moms have the hardest job in the world. Even when "nothing" is happening, our mind are worrying about what is next, and what impact our decisions will have on their lives. You, my friend Cadu, are a VERY special person. Be strong and have faith in yourself and your daughter. I do not want to get religious here on 3FC, but, You were chosen for her.

Momto2cs
05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
For those plateauing, stalling, etc...stick to the regular protocol. If you look back you can find everyone has found different things that work...they exercise, they stop, they eat restricteds, they don't, they only have packets, they have fattier meat, changing veggies, adding oil...ahhh! I have been doing ip for over a year and see no real correlation, and lots of bad advice from coaches who have minimal training and experience. My clinic has offered me a job as a coach...but I think my own experiences are too individual to do it.

If you stick to the basics you will eventually lose. I think forgoing the meat at dinner is risky as it contains more calories, fat and protein than a packet. You are putting yourself at risk for hunger and with that potentially cheating.

Our bodies need fat. Very low carb, low fat diets have been shown to be unhealthy...

Ps-love that yellow dress.

Hockeymom40
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
As far as skipping the protein at dinner. My coach told me if I want to do this I would have to replace it with 2 packets. Just an F.Y.I.

mooselover
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
usmcvet - Love the pictures!!!!

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Hello IP peoples..

PS: Wuv..im astonished..look at you!! you look incredible..first word that came to my head was "Gorgeous".
welcome back again port....thank you

usmcvet - Love the pictures!!!!

I agree, thanks for sharing USMCVet :)

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
usmc vet Thanks for sharing your pics; you look like a real nice guy! Looks like a great family to get healthy for!!!

patns
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Beautiful family vet!

Chloe222
05-16-2012, 06:34 PM
USMCVET,
Great series of photos! You have a lovely family and are quite handsome yourself. Thanks for sharing.

evepet
05-16-2012, 06:57 PM
usmcvet - thanks for the pix. You have a lovely family. And with -65 lbs gone, you are well on your way to a healthier future with them.

evepet
05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
usmcvet - thanks for the pix. You have a lovely family. And with -65 lbs gone, you are well on your way to a healthier future with them.

Darralyn - thanks for your pix too. You look younger in your new picture... And happier!! :)

wendywendy
05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Good Evening Everyone!! I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.

usmcvet
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
It's always nice to put a face to name. Just think, in no time you'll be back to the "young stud on the left"

Unfortunately, though you burst my bubble with the pics. Saying you are a police chief in a small Vermont town, made me imagine Tom Selleck as Jesse Stone (yeah, I know that's Maine, not Vermont). Love that series, love Tom Selleck. When you get back to being that young stud, you'll definitely give Tom a run for his money.

Keep it up. You are doing so great and are such an inspiration to us all.
Molly

Tom is a stud! He is one of my favorite actors Magnum PI is one of my favorites. I always wanted a nice moustache like his but could never get it to work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Cadu
05-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments today. reading all the kind comments was a bit overwhelming. I dont know what to say other than Thank you :hug:

Cadu
05-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Great job on all the WI's today.
Vet, Darralyn, Mooselover, Ipdivajen .. I love all the pics.
auroragrl .. I am happy your friend had good news.

auroragrl
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
WI #2 tomorrow - a little nervous - hope I can lose my goal of 4 lbs. We shall see - Sleep peacefully everyone!!!!!

mooselover
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Mooselover, just want to comment on your pictures. You look great. You've lost your 'chubby cheeks'... I say that with the utmost affection, because I'm well on the way to losing mine too.. a friend commented on that just a couple of days ago. BTW - what a nice NSV... your 'boney' shoulder. LOL.

Thank you so much :) I am glad my chubby cheeks are going away. I always had a slim face till about 8 years ago.

lisabk
05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Well, even though I had a mess up over the weekend at a couple of graduation celebrations, I still lost another 1.8 lbs today for a total of 61.0 in 17 weeks. That includes taking a week off to go on vacation back in March. 27 3/4 inches lost so far. I'm back OP 100% and am looking forward to a great week next week. Going on a business trip Mon-Thu which makes me nervous, but I'll figure out how to do it.

As usual, thanks to everyone for all the inspiring messages.

Momto2cs
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
As far as skipping the protein at dinner. My coach told me if I want to do this I would have to replace it with 2 packets. Just an F.Y.I.

Really? People often refer to this as bootcamp and my coach would say to replace it with one packet.

I guess every clinic is different. I still don't think it's worth the deprivation...but we all must do what we think is best...

Lace and Levis
05-16-2012, 11:19 PM
This has not been a good month for us. May 5th we attended a memorial for a dear friend that died of cancer. On the 7th my grandma's brother died and our 15 yr old cat, Mocha, had to be put to sleep. Yesterday, my step daughters grandmother died. She was a wonderful woman that lived life to the full. She had a tumor around her brain stem and the tumors continued to spread all over her brain. Then today my little doggie, Turbo, died. He was the first dog I ever had. All I want to do is eat comfort food, but my husband has been so encouraging. He even went in and made me turnip fries. TOM isn't helping the situation any. On a happier note I loss 1 lb at todays WI, but I dropped another pant size.

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
This has not been a good month for us. May 5th we attended a memorial for a dear friend that died of cancer. On the 7th my grandma's brother died and our 15 yr old cat, Mocha, had to be put to sleep. Yesterday, my step daughters grandmother died. She was a wonderful woman that lived life to the full. She had a tumor around her brain stem and the tumors continued to spread all over her brain. Then today my little doggie, Turbo, died. He was the first dog I ever had. All I want to do is eat comfort food, but my husband has been so encouraging. He even went in and made me turnip fries. TOM isn't helping the situation any. On a happier note I loss 1 lb at todays WI, but I dropped another pant size.

WOW...sorry to hear about all of your loses except ONE and that is your weight loss.....Wanna know something ironic? I have a Mocha(long haired taco bell dog) and a turbo( miniature schnauzer)!!...it is very sweet of your DH to help out with all of this going on, he seems to be very proud of you for all of the work you have put in the program.

Momto2cs
05-16-2012, 11:45 PM

I hope that June is a much better month for you. So great to have dh support. Food will not make you happier right now...

mtnsun4
05-16-2012, 11:50 PM

Thank you for your insight and your words of wisdom! I know I need to hang in there. And, I will. :) As you know, it is very frustrating.

For those plateauing, stalling, etc...stick to the regular protocol. If you look back you can find everyone has found different things that work...they exercise, they stop, they eat restricteds, they don't, they only have packets, they have fattier meat, changing veggies, adding oil...ahhh! I have been doing ip for over a year and see no real correlation, and lots of bad advice from coaches who have minimal training and experience. My clinic has offered me a job as a coach...but I think my own experiences are too individual to do it.

If you stick to the basics you will eventually lose. I think forgoing the meat at dinner is risky as it contains more calories, fat and protein than a packet. You are putting yourself at risk for hunger and with that potentially cheating.

Our bodies need fat. Very low carb, low fat diets have been shown to be unhealthy...

Ps-love that yellow dress.
Thank you for your insight as well. I will stick to the basics! :)
Thanks for the other comments from others. I have to say I was very proud of my new behavior tonight. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing for weight loss and so I shared all of my IP info with her, even providing her with my notes, etc. She has been doing an alternative version for a couple of weeks. And, tonight at our meeting, we had a taco bar for dinner, as well as chocolate and coconut cream pies. I passed on the taco bar and just had lettuce, some ground beef, and tomatoes and made a salad. However, she went full force on tacos, and ate pie. Oh well! I made the right choices and felt very empowered! :)

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 12:08 AM
WOW...sorry to hear about all of your loses except ONE and that is your weight loss.....Wanna know something ironic? I have a Mocha(long haired taco bell dog) and a turbo( miniature schnauzer)!!...it is very sweet of your DH to help out with all of this going on, he seems to be very proud of you for all of the work you have put in the program.

Thank you Lisa for your comforting words. That was funny about us both having a Turbo and Mocha. We had three dogs; Maximum, Turbo, Charge. Now just Maximum (Max), Charge. Max is a Maltese and Charge is a big Yorkie.

Lace and Levis
05-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I hope that June is a much better month for you. So great to have dh support. Food will not make you happier right now...

You are so right, food will not make me happy. I keep telling myself it is ok to feel the pain and not try to cover it up with food. I am thankful everyday for my hubby and all his support. He even made dinner tonight and cleaned up dinner dishes. Thank you for your kind support.

Momto2cs
05-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you for your insight and your words of wisdom! I know I need to hang in there. And, I will. :) As you know, it is very frustrating.

Thank you for your insight as well. I will stick to the basics! :)
Thanks for the other comments from others. I have to say I was very proud of my new behavior tonight. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing for weight loss and so I shared all of my IP info with her, even providing her with my notes, etc. She has been doing an alternative version for a couple of weeks. And, tonight at our meeting, we had a taco bar for dinner, as well as chocolate and coconut cream pies. I passed on the taco bar and just had lettuce, some ground beef, and tomatoes and made a salad. However, she went full force on tacos, and ate pie. Oh well! I made the right choices and felt very empowered! :)

That is excellent. It is easy to fall off the wagon whn you see others doing it. Good for you for making better choices. It will be do worth it in the end when you are at goal and she is not!

Cadu
05-17-2012, 05:39 AM

So sorry for all your losses, I can so understand the wanting to eat comfort food during times like this. But if you can get through this without going off plan, you know that you will feel so much better about yourself. I see life like a roller coaster, sometimes we are on the down side of the track but eventually it has to go back up. Hang in there, things will get better :hug: