Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready To Try Again.... #303

2cute2Bfat
03-21-2003, 06:22 PM
WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!

katrinabgood
03-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey, 2cute! She who smelt it, DEALT it!!!

:?: :lol: :shrug: :nono: :fr: :faint:

It wasn't me, I swear!

peekabooangel
03-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi girlies,
Wow, where is everyone? Please come out and play or is that the reason your not here? I know Tina is off to Bristol and honeymoon. Whats up with the rest? Oh someone is babysitting I remember but who was that????:?: :?: I could go back and look at the last post, but oh that would just be to hard.:lol: Whoever it is, please I have 2 more to send to you to watch, you can keep em for a bit if you would like? I'm sure you will return them......LOL

Guess what I am eatting right this minute for supper? BLT and fries.....yes you heard me right.....Turkey bacon of course and whole wheat light bread 2 slices is 1 pt and lots of lettuce and tomatoe and steak fries....all accounted for and I feel like I'm major cheating....:cool:

Hope everyone is doing well.

~Sandy~

peekabooangel
03-21-2003, 06:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SORRY, IT MUST BE ALL THE FIBER IN THE DIET....LOL:s:

jackslady
03-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey, Man, it can't be me! I am still too afraid to fart that it won't be a fart that comes out! :o Sorry bad joke!

Sandy: Do you LIKE turkey bacon? I bought something with it in it and found it kind of gross tasting. Sure do miss the ole BLT's though. I LOVED bacon. You didn't know I was the voice for the dog on that Begging Strips commercial did you, "bacon, bacon, bacon...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

My sweet gs is in Knoxville with his mom and dad and I sure do miss him. He was here on Tues morning and we of course had a ball. We have a set of these tiny walkie talkies and he thinks they are cell phones. He made his granddad go to Lowes and get batteries because the batteries were dead and then was a total hoot trying to get him to speak into the mic instead of listening into it. I couldn't convince him it wasn't a cell phone.

I am going to try and push the dh into getting outside tomorrow, clean out leaves etc on our deck and get our patio furniture and grill set up. It is now consistently warm here so I want to start using it. I also want to get my little strip of flower bed in shape with something. I just haven't decided what as I definitely do not have a green thumb. Plants shrivel when they see me coming. I am thinking about covering it all in white rocks and putting in those little wooden pictures on stakes or something. I don't know.

Well, I am going to check on my men and see what trouble they are in.

Donna

Grannie39074
03-21-2003, 09:45 PM
I just finished eating a large sonic blast and I really don't care.:sorry:

I went to see my brother today, He is still saying he is going to off himself. I feel so bad for him. I took him some groceries and some cigerettes. We have never been close but he is my brother and I' don't know what to say or do for him.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I went to my reference workshop this morning theen to my brothers he had left a message on my machine while I was gone saying he loved me and was sorry for what he was going to do. He said he had no other choice it was his only way out..

Well I have run on enough so I'll go.
Love all of you.

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Now this is more like it. I knew we just needed some "fresh" air. :lol:

Kat... it wasn't me. :no: One of the luxuries of low carbs is that you don't fart. TRUE :)
I got to cuddle some more today with both grandbabies. :angel:
They are spending the night with us. Thank goodness my daughter is here to help. They can keep you hopping. Fortunately I get the cuddling duty. :smug:

Sandy ... So you're the ONE !!!!!! Well at least you fessed up. :lol:
Next time just go into another room. LOL But NOT our chat room. :no: :lol:
I am babysitting but I don't remember if I told you about it earlier.
I would be glad to take your two also. Are they both boys? My husband wants some grandsons too. LOL
I hear you had a BLT and fries. I have a recipe to use turnips as a substitute for fries. LOL I told you... I am on a roll with these veggies. :lol:
I also wanted to tell you that Thin is gone for the weekend ALONE with her hubby too. :love: Well... no kids anyways... they went with another couple to one of those "mystery dinner weekends". Sounds like fun. We are going to have to work double time to make up for their missing posts.

Donna.... Walkie talkies !!!!!! My granddaughter would LOVE those.
I guess I am going to have to get her some to keep here so we can talk to each other. HEY... I just remembered.... we have some. I know what we will be doing tomorrow. :p

Mary.... {{{{{ HUGS }}}}}
I know exactly what you are going through with your brother.
I had one friend who shot himself when his wife left him.
He did not die. He thought that would "prove" to his wife how much he loved her. :rolleyes: All it proved is what an idot he was. He is remarried now..
I also had a brother in law that turned to alcohol when his wife left him.
He never recovered. He finally drank himself to death.
It is hard on the people who care about them.
BUT... I also have friends who rebound and made a full recovery... so don't give up hope. Just remember one thing.
YOU are NOT responsible for his actions.... only he is.

Well... today was Fun Friday... and I had FUN !!!
I had a nice relaxing morning.
Made my FINAL payment on our home !!!!! :D :D :D
Went to the movies.
Cooked on the grill for dinner. Mmmmm
Played with my grandbabies all evening.
And now ending my day with my favorite cyber friends.
What a day !!!! :D :D :D

Kat... I cooked those large portabella mushrooms on the grill and they were good.
Also grilled marinated small mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, corn on the cob and hamberger patties. Mmmm good. :T
I made my mock potato salad again except added more yellow mustard. Last time I did not. My daughter and husband said it was even more like real potato salad. I think they are just getting used to it now. LOL I did not have any leftovers this time. :D

Now I have an acorn or spaghetti squash to cook.
It looks like an acorn but was under a label saying "spaghetti". ????
Does anyone have any ideas which I have ????
What is spaghetti squash suppose to look like.??
What about ways to cook it???

peekabooangel
03-22-2003, 06:10 AM
2cute, what a good name that is for you, because you are just 2cute for words. :) I find myself usually smiling through your whole post.:lol: You know you have a spaggetti squash if it is yellow and very small watermellon shaped. I cook them in the oven till tender and then spray with ICBINB and sprinkle a little brown sugar on it. Or sometimes I have it in the place of pasta for spaggetti, yes it looks just like spaggetti noodles. Acorn squash on the other hand I peel and cook on top of the stove in water till tender then mash it all up or whip with beaters, and a secret is to add little br. sugar to that too, improves the taste tremedously. I love any squash, guess I could be the squash expert now:D . Butternut is my all time favorite and it's the one with the most carb. and stuff in it. Isnt that always the way. Now you say Turnip fries? I am assuming you cut them like fry size then bake em???? Sounds good cause I love turnip too. But last night I was craving good ole french fries. If you check for the lowest calorie and fat brand you can have like 9 or 10 steak fries for 2 pts....and steak fries are big:s: and of course I always have 2 servings.

Donna, the Louis Rich Turkey bacon is so good. I love it, I use it for BLT's and sometimes in an omlet. If you can find the brand called (jeanie o-----could be spelled wrong) that is even lower in fat and you can have 2 pc's versus 1 pc for the same amount of calories/fat and everything. Yes quantity is still big with me. I still have my big ole salads about 5 days out of the week in my huge huge salad bowl. Thanks for all the encouragement you give me, you are doing good yourself you know.

2cute, I almost forgot to pack the kids up and send em to you. I have 1 boy who just turned 11 and thinks he knows all and is the boss. and I have 1 girl who is 5 going on 16. How do I survive? Girls have attitude that boys don't have, and I find myself fighting and arguing with this 5 year old all the time and then I stop and think OMG whats gonna happen when she is 16? :?: :?:

Mary-------wish I could reach out and give you a real hug, but this cyber one will have to do {{{{{HUGS}}}}. Why is it that us sisters always feel bad and end up taking on the brothers stuff? And why is it the brothers find the need to lay it on us? I am the oldest of 5.......and the only girl. Only 1 of them is my full brother and the other 3 are 1/2's, like that matters. Anyway, my full brother he just turned 31, I am 33, he got out of jail finally in Novemeber (he has been in and out his whole life) Well I am just so sick of him laying his bad life on to me. We had the same childhood (alcoholic dad) and grew up the same, and like my saying always goes LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, I told him you choose how to lead your life. I hate to touch such a sensitive situation because I am not qualified to give such advice, but they say that people who talk about killing themselves are usually not ready to (that most of them just want the attention) which your dear brother has apparently gotton yours and then some. But, then I have to look at it like the statistics are not always right.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrr makes you mad don't it. And some woman can just be plain old mean and play the tricks of yes/no the baby is or isnt yours, depending on her mood. I guess the only way to really know is for him to request a test. Then he will have legal rights to the child and can get 1/2 custody or something. Kick the man in the *** and tell him to quit worrying about himself and do something for his child!!!! Okay I think I need to give another hug {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}.

I hope Thin is having a wonderful mystery murder weekend, that sounds so cool, right out of the movies you know.

I hope Tina is having a marvy time at the Race track. Of course dh had qualifing on here last night and wow the people there was amazing. If you read this post, could you answer me this? If you get tickets to a race, does that include watching qualifying? My dh was in heaven again last night cause they had the big interview with Ricky Craven/Kurt Bush and those to just joked around the whole time. So nice to see that they are friends.

Well, I think I have bent your ears long enough and will check in again in a while and hope that someone has posted.

:grouphug: 's and :chockiss: 's
~~Sandy~~

LuckyLadyBug
03-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Okay, who is using too many "dot dot dot's" so that the message is bigger than the screen?????

I hope you all don't mind but I have to post this for Sandy

THE THREE BEARS IN 2003:

Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table, he looks into his small bowl. It is empty. "Who's been eating my porridge?!!", he squeaks.

Papa Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl, and it is also empty. "Who's been eating my Porridge?!!,"he roars.

Momma Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells, "For Christ's sake, how many times do we have to go through this with you idiots?

It was Momma Bear who got up first,
it was Momma Bear who woke everyone in the house,
it was Momma Bear who made the coffee,
it was Momma Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night, and put everything away,
it was Momma Bear who went out in the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper,
it was Momma Bear who set the damn table,
it was Momma Bear who put the friggin cat out, cleaned the litter box, and filled the cat's water and food dish, and, now that you've decided to drag your sorry bear-asses downstairs, and grace Momma Bear's kitchen with your grumpy presence, listen good, cause I'm only going to say this one more time.

"I HAVEN'T MADE THE F@#$% PORRIDGE YET !!

peekabooangel
03-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Laughing my butt off :lol: :lol: :lol:

katrinabgood
03-22-2003, 09:32 AM
:censored: I just lost another post!

2cute: Take that spaghetti squash, cut it long ways, scoop out the seeds, place cut side down on a sprayed baking sheet. Bake @ 350 about 30 minutes or so, let cool a bit and scoop out the strands into a bowl. toss with butter, salt and pepper or saute onion, garlic and a can of diced tomatoes while it's cooling, pour over the squash and add grated cheese...:T

Sandy...I will have to try turnip fries! I have made sweet potato fries which are very good. I want to try cutting them like chips and see how that goes. I remember seeing somewhere a recipe for making regular potato chips in the microwave, gonna have to find it and try it with sweet potatoes. Oh yeah, BTW...I fought with my daughter MUCH more at age 5 than I do now! (17) Over stuff like only wearing pink and ballet slippers to school. It will get better!

Donna, grab a package of zinnia seeds for your flower bed. Stick 'em in the ground and you will have flowers all summer long! They last (in these parts) through November...they don't mind heat, neglect, drought...you can't kill 'em! My kind of flower!

Lucky...my little "baby bear" just came down looking for his porridge...I ran through a list of choices...no, no, no...and finally said, "You're 12 years old, make your own breakfast!" Can't he see Momma bear is busy? :lol: He won't starve.

This morning I LEAPED out of bed at 7:40...screaming up the stairs at my daughter to get up, she's gonna be late. A sleepy voice calmly replied, "Mom, what day is it?" She had me there, I was momentarily confused..."Huh?" "It's Saturday, go back to bed." :dizzy: What a dork.

All right, I'm outta here, before I delete this again...Have a great day all...get outside in the sunshine! :flow2:

PS, I almost forgot you, Mary...Please take care of yourself. Don't turn to food because you're upset about your brother. You need to be the strong and healthy one. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Okay... my squash looks like an acorn more than a watermelon.
Do you cook acorn squash the same way??

Thanks for all the good ways to cook spaghetti squash.

Babys here so can't visit

peekabooangel
03-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Acorn Squash~~ I peel and boil and then mash it up....yummy. Like I said I love all squash. Enjoy.

And big question here: I bought an eggplant. I love eggplant parmasan, but not gonna make that, any ideas what to do with it or how to cook it? Help me Help me:?: :?:

Huggers,
Sandy

kidmeister
03-22-2003, 01:40 PM
So many posts, so little time! :dizzy:
I will have to sit down later and do some catch up reading, but for now, I am just checking in to let everyone know that I haven't fallen. :wave: I am still here. Just a very busy weekend. The first one in awhile that my husband is home, I am taking advantage,:devil: and going to spend some time with him! He has been busy helping his mom move, so he decided to take this weekend off. He works such long hours during the week that i never see him. Anyway, it is also our towns little festival, "the Daffodil festival" and have to go to that. My kids have art work in it. I am so proud.:smug: I have such awesome kids.

Anyway, eating is good. I created a great recipe, I will post it later, when I have more time. Feeling great today. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Everyone have a great day!!!!:cb: :flow1: :grouphug:

jackslady
03-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok, Sandy, it is my turn to complain about that wonderful thing God created....husbands! I told you guys I wanted to get my patio done today. It is kind of hard to explain, but the only "land" we have is a foot and a half wide L strip running along the back of the garage and down one side of the fence to the one neighbor, and a strip no more than about 5 inches wide that runs along the other fence we share with the other neighbor. The rest is redwood deck. The "land" was full of leaves and the few bushes need trimming also the deck needed a good sweeping and the sidewalk from the deck out needed deleafing and sweeping. I also wanted to clean and put up my patio furniture and my grill. Well first off, DH only works his behind off if he gets paid (as in his employment) otherwise he will slip and slide around it as much as possible. I gave him a choice the beginning of the week that we could either do the yard or the garage this weekend and he chose the yard. I wanted to get started bright and early, but he hedged until a little after 11. What I am irked about, is he wanted to do it half-#$%%$ and I was having none of it. He only blew out part of the leaves so I went behind and raked the rest out or swept them out, then he went in to the bathroom and came back out saying, "oh, I thought you would be done cleaning it up by now." Yeah right! He went and got the umbrella and was going to stick it in and the table was filthy from sitting out, so I told him to go into the house and I would finish it, which I did. It miffed him though! It looks nice, but no thanks to him. Why are men like that? He never does a job at home well unless it is something important to him and even then won't fix it like he put one of his shelves on his new computer in backwards and won't take it out and turn it around. God help me if I would do it though. He would probably blow his top. I know I am a perfectionist, but I do let him off the hook when I feel it is not done to my specifications gladly, but at least give it a good ole college try! Ok, so I blew off now.

Deon: Big kiss and hug to your youngin' and his or her art project. Hope you have fun at the festival. The town I lived in growing up in Indiana (1600 people) had a "Potato Creek Festival" every year and one of the towns a few miles south has a huge "Blueberry Festival" Labor Day weekend every year. They are always fun to go to and the Blueberry one has great craft booths.

Sandy: Can't you adapt a low fat recipe for your eggplant, like use eggbeaters as batter and whatever is lower cal for coating and make your own sauce? Maybe I am blowing in the breeze and have no clue how the stuff is made. I HATE all kinds of squash. It is one of the few veggies I don't like no matter how it is made along with eggplant and asparagus. Funny though I LOVE pumpkin. It is a great source of vitamins though so keep on eating!

2cute: My mom always cooked it with butter and brown sugar so I have no idea what you would do with acorn squash.

Mary: I will keep on praying.

Kat: Thanks for the suggestion. I am not kidding when I say I stink at gardening so what does dd get me for Christmas a gardening kit! I guess she thinks I will turn into some kind of Martha Stewart (shudder). :lol:

Lucky: LOOOOVVVVEEED the 3 Bears story. Cracked me up. When my two were little they were wonderful and on Sat would get up and get their own cereal and let mom and dad sleep in.

Duckie: How are things coming along for you? I know you were having some problems. I kept praying for you.

Well, I think I will get cleaned up and go to the mall and get my walk in.

Talk to you later.

Donna

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi guys !!! Good to find so many posts... but bad to make enough time to reply to all of them. LOL

Sandy.... You are good for my EGO. No wonder I like you so much. :lol: I am glad I can contribute to you laughing quota for the day. ;)
You had me laughing today too. I read your recipe and wrote down that I needed to buy some ICBINB.
I thought to myself... "what the heck is that? Some kind of foreign ingredient? :?: LOL
When my daughter came into the room I asked her if she had ever heard of such an ingredient and she started laughing.
She said it was obvious I was not a WW member. :lol:
Now I know.... :o :lol:

Thanks for the instructions on all the different squashes. When I went back I saw you had already given me instructions on the acorn. :o I am looking forward to hearing about the eggplant. I have never made that either.

Deon.. I remember those days when my kids were young. I miss them often too. Enjoy them. Our local celebration is called Rooster Days. Many many years ago the farmers came to town once a year to buy and sell roosters and have a rodeo.

Kat...I am going to have to buy me some of those zinnias. Do you have to weed them. ?? I hate weeding !!!!
I loved your story about waking your daughter up. :lol:
Yep...Sounds like a true DORK to me. :lol:
Also... I heard if you soak the turnips in milk before you cook them they will not smell so bad. I consider myself BRAVE to try a veggie that is known for its BAD SMELL. :^:

Lucky.... loved your 3 bears story !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Donna... I think you hit the nail on the head concerning your husband.
He never does a job at home well unless it is something important to him
Need more be said. :lol:
It is not as important to him as it is to you.
That is one of the curses of being a perfectionist.
Feel free to come and release your frustrations with us as often as needed. {{{ HUGS }}}

okay... I am heating up the grill again tonight.
Steak, baked potato on the grill, squash, salad.
I think I will go make some kind of dessert.
I just LOVE this spring weather. !!!!! :D :D :D

jackslady
03-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey, 2cute, regarding your post:

"Many many years ago the farmers came to town once a year to buy and sell roosters and have a rodeo."

Just checking to see of it was a rooster rodeo! :lol: :lol: It just cracked me up thinking about a bunch of farmers buying roosters and riding them in a rodeo!

As for dh, being married as long as I have, I have learned the better part of valor is....."When in doubt, do it yourself." It prevents fights and the end product is either the way you want it or you can blame no one else but yourself. The only problem with today was, his trimmer, weedeater, and leaf blower/vacuum are pretty much off limits to me. A man thing, you know? Sooooo, I had to let him do the leaves. As for the garage, I already told him that I was starting on it on Monday. When we bought the condo from our kids, they left a crap load of stuff in the garage and finally got what they wanted out and told us we could trash the rest. Well, it was right before winter and too cold to work in there so we had to wait for warm weather. I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up and straightened. (ACTUALLY.....IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!)

Yahoo another clothes hurdle. Got into a pair of 100% cotton shorts that are practically brand new (15 years old), have a zipper and button front and not only came up over my butt, but buttoned and were roomy enough for the legs to be baggy and room in the seat to sit down and not worry about splitting them out! I have two more pair exactly like them in a cream and olive green that I can't wait to wear.

Got a good brisk walk in at the mall except everyone is so rude. I try to stay clear to the right and people will not move for you even if they know you are there. I had to walk around a huge group of people at least half dozen times. My mean spirit kept saying, "Hey, at least I am trying to do something, chubby!" I promise to say several prayers of forgiveness for being such a grouch about it!

I have been really neglectful in giving everyone who has lost my very best hurrahs so here goes:

:cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :bravo: :cb: :dance: :flow2: :dancer:

I am so very proud of each and every one of you.

Donna

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2003, 06:57 PM
I found a post by a woman who weighed over 400lbs.
She has lost to almost weighing 250 now.
I thought what she said was worth repeating here.
Hope you agree.

I wasn't able to weigh until several months after I started. It was really a blessing in disguise. Since I didn't know how much I weighed or how much I was losing, I really couldn't set any goals except for staying on plan every day. That took a LOT of the pressure off and let me concentrate on celebrating every little victory I had -- clothes fitting better, more energy, taking a shower easier, not having to sit down to rest while grocery shopping, etc. I measured my progress with the tape measure and by how many "fingers" away from the steering wheel my tummy was.
She wrote much more... but I really liked this part the best.

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Donna... :lol: that is quite a mental image. :lol:
No, I don't think they rode any roosters... but they do ride pigs. :lol:

jackslady
03-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Boy, I know just how she felt and that is what I have been saying all along. Let the scales be a guide, but don't be guided by the scales. Thanks for sharing 2cute.

Here is a pic of my dgs with his new roller blades.

Donna

katrinabgood
03-22-2003, 07:25 PM
I like that about taking the pressure off...no numbers to mess with your head. Just stay on plan every single day and it will happen.

...Okay! I can do that!

Another squash recipe...this is a good summer one, I may have even posted it before;
Cut into chunks: 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, 1 small eggplant. Saute in olive oil one medium onion and a couple cloves of garlic, toss in rest of veggies, cook til crisp tender, add one can of diced or stewed tomatoes, heat through. This is great, as is, or you can sprinkle some grated mozzarella on top...serve over rice or pasta...whatever!

I made a LOT of headway in our garage today, right after I took my son to baseball practice...where I had to stay and watch cuz it was at the batting cages. :P It killed me to be inside for that long!

If I waited for dh to clean the garage...forget it! As for mowers and leaf blowers being "Man things," HAH! Of course I like doing that stuff...so it works out. He has bad allergies, so I do most of the yard work. He usually does clean the garage, now that I think of it, but if i waited for him, I'd never find my gardening stuff! Plus he saves WAY too much crap. I ruthlessly toss things that he waould say, "That's still good..." or "I may need that someday!" NOT ON MY WATCH, MISTER!

When I was done in the garage, I puttered around, did some pruning and snipping and cleaning in my flower beds. My forsythias will be blooming soon. I should bring a few branches in and force them open. I love forsythia! This year, I want to plant some lilac bushes, right under my bedroom window...

I just peeked in at chat and no one is there...I guess I'll go to bed...I have to work tonight...:(

See you later
xxxooo

2cute2Bfat
03-23-2003, 01:56 AM
Donna... what a sweet picture. He looks like one happy camper.
Does he have red hair ?? My youngest granddaughter does.
Her sister is blonde. The oldest is 2 1/2. The baby just turned 1 in Feburary. They both spent the night and we had a great time.

Kat.. I remember sitting at those batting cages too. Just sit back and enjoy it. They grow up and leave home and you will miss it ... believe it or not.
Congratulations on the garage. :D

peekabooangel
03-23-2003, 06:56 AM
Oh my this cold is taking me down hard. I give myself a good dose fo cough syrup 1/2 hour before bed then I can atleast sleep for a while. But this a.m I woke up at 6 all plugged up!!! I can't believe I made it through the winter with nothing like this and now boom it kicks in to high gear. Oh well, I will survive, because like we have stated we are super women.:)

2cute, you sure did give me a laugh out load yesterday when I read about the ICBINB spray. My dh thought I had lost my mind. I have found that parkay makes one too and I like the taste of that better.

~EGGPLANT~Well now, I know I love eggplant parm. but last night I took the eggplant and pretty much made that recipe that kat posted before she even posted it.:lol: must be esp? Anyway, I think next time I will leave out the eggplant, I did not really care for it. But it was worth the try.

Kat, glad you got your garage under way. Our cellar/basement whatever word you use in your part of the country looks like a tornado hit it. My dh loves to bring things home and just park em wherever there seems to be a clear spot. He has 1 side of it and I have the other, well on my side I have the washer, dryer, the can goods/pantry shelves, the oil tank, the heating system the coat closet, the kids toys, a fousse ball table and camping gear......well on his side its just the wood for the wood stove that was piled up but fell over and he has yet to fix that? He had this wonderful idea about burning wood this past winter to save on the oil bill, well I think that wood stove has been lit maybe 1 time and we still have a ton and a half of wood. Also on his side is his tools/toys/mess!!! He has been suppossed to clean it up for 3 weeks now, but everyday he finds some excuse. Or says he is tired from work all day, which only brings us back to 'WHAT THE **** DID I DO ALL DAY?" then the vicious cycle starts again. I asked him what he thought I did all day at work, he said "answer the phone, do computer stuff, and whatever. Well he is partly right, but missing so much of what I do in a days time.....Would like to see him get accomplished half of what I do at work and learn how to do 3 things at one time while someone else is at your desk asking for another thing.:mad: Oh lets stop there on that!!!

What a wonderful philosophy that lady has about the scales, wish we could all be like that, but I have come to accept that the scale is my friend/enemy and thats the way life will be. I'm just not fretting over it anymore.

Donna, what a cutie that granson is. I know I've told you before that I am partial to red heads, my son is redheaded, my daughter is blonde currently with burgandy streaks in it, because yesterday we found the Halloween hair color spray stuff in a cupboard I was cleaning and her and my neice who has been here since Friday decided they needed streaks in their hair. :lol:

Well gonna close for now girlies, I think I gave you enough to read and hopefully when I return I will have some to read.

Hugs,
~~Sandy~~

katrinabgood
03-23-2003, 08:06 AM
Looks like another beautiful day here. I think I'm going to roust the dog out of my bed and take her for a nice long walk this morning. Then I'm heading for the grocery store, and if I'm still awake, to Costco after that. I've been putting off the shopping for a few days now and I think we're down to our last roll of toilet paper...:yikes:

All that talk about eggplant, I think I'm gonna have to make some eggplant parm. I dip the slices in egg whites, (not crazy about eggbeaters) then in bread crumbs, spray them with Pam and bake til they're browned...then layer with sauce and cheese and bake. Good stuff! Thanks for the idea, Sandy.

Another new veggie (or is it a fruit?) that I've discovered lately is the avacado. Yes, it's high in fat, but it's good monosaturated fat, and it's not likely that I'll eat the whole thing in one sitting! I just slice it and put it on a sandwich with sliced tomato, a little low fat mayo and lots of salt and pepper...what a treat! The rest of the avacado i mash, add some chopped onion, garlic and tomato and it's a yummy guacamole. Because of the fat, it's very satisfying!

And then there's asparagus! This is the time of year for them. Good steamed, better grilled on ol' George Forman!

Okay enough food talk...I'm making myself hungry.

Donna, your little guy is adorable! Love that red hair!

2cute, thanks for the reality check. I was just complaining about how quickly my daughter has grown up, soon to spread her wings. My son is still my baby...(a big 12 year old baby!) He was cute, so proud of himself that he could even HIT the ball! Even more so when he moved to the faster pitch one and could still hit it! He is such a sweet kid, so totally innocent, not a mean bone in his body. I'm dreading middle school next year...so many obnoxious, punky kids. I've always worried more about him than her, she was ALWAYS an independent spirit, self confident. He's the total opposite. Kinda shy, (though not at home!) and quiet, (again, not at home!) and lacking in self confidence. How do you instill that? Especially since his mother is the same way! :rolleyes: Wow, I just rambled on about my kids, huh? A mother's prerogative!

Deon...good to see you again, I hope you had fun at the Daffodil Festival! We have the Clearwater Festival around here, down the shore...lots of environmental issues addressed, but also all the fun stuff: craft booths, demos, and great food! Then, a little farther down the shore, there's the Chowder Festival! Oh yeah. 'Nuff said. :T :ink:

Okay, I think I replied to all those who have posted! Come on out, the rest of you! And those of you who have been excused, due to weekend obligations, had better come back with full reports! That's an order! :drill:

Bye all!

:wave:

Grannie39074
03-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm here. My brother called at 6:30 this morning to tell me he was ok. He sounded a little better. Oh Well. Going to a birthday party for my great nephew today. Missed all of you in Chat me and Sandy was there.

2cute2Bfat
03-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Kat... you asked the question....
lacking in self confidence. How do you instill that?
Just think of self confidence as you would muscles. It is... in a way.
Self confidence can make you mentally and emotionally stronger :strong: just like muscles make you physically stronger.

How do you make your muscles stronger?
You stretch them. You work them. You do exercises.

You do the same thing to build self confidence muscles.
You stretch them. You work them. You do exercises.

Think of some exercises you can "secretly" have your son (and you) do.

Maybe have him take something back to WalMart and get a refund. Tell him in advance what the process will be. Tell him what problems may occur. Give him the reciept send him in to do it on his own. Then use this success story as a reminder to him how he can do things he never thought he could do on his own.

Or have him cook one of his favorite foods that he would need to follow a recipe for. Be there to help him learn terms he does not understand... but refrain from doing it yourself. Show him how if he can read he can follow the instructions. Be supportive but make him do it himself.

Each time he does something NEW for himself he will build more self confidence. You stretch those confidence muscles by stretching them beyond the norm. It doesn't have to be big accomplishments... just beyond what he has already done.
Then you use all of these new successes as reminders later when they doubt themselves again.

When my one daughter went away to college I would have to remind her sometimes of how she overcame other uncomfortable situations and she CAN and WILL overcome any new situations.

I know these sound minor. They were probably poor examples. If your son has already grown beyond those just think of something else that will S T R E T C H his confidence muscles.
I hope I made some sort of sense. When I need to think of some of the exercises I used on my kids I can't remember a single one. :rolleyes:

Oh yes... I know I don't need to tell you... but don't forget to PRAISE him. :D Praise works wonders too.
The weaker we are... the more exercise we need.

Mary... glad to hear your brother is doing better.
You can build his self confidence by reminding him how he came through this and he can overcome anything else that comes his way.

Sandy... spring colds are the WORST !!! Hang in there and take an abundance of Vit C and zinc lozenge.

This exercise is also what we need to do to ourselves.
When we slip on our food plans our first thought is...
"What a failure I am.... here I go... cheating AGAIN"
Well. That is when we pull out all of those successful times we stayed on program and then we say to ourselves...
"I can overcome this slip because I have overcome slips of the past. I am not a failure... I am a winner in progress. I am building my success muscles ... I will be STRONGER next time"

AND YOU WILL BE !!!

katrinabgood
03-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! I think it was a "rocking chair moment!" You are so special.

Having grown up in a family of five kids, I think I kind of got lost in the shuffle and never received the praise and encouragement that you speak of...I doubt they even noticed how shy and introverted I was...( I have come WAY out of that shell, by the way!) ;) Well, I wasn't that way at home, but at school, definitely. I see the same tendencies in him and have always encouraged him to speak up for himself and praise his accomplishments, no matter how small. When he was a tiny baby, he was diagnosed with a heart abnormality which recquired open heart surgery at 20 months...so I have always been somewhat overprotective.

I just got back from watching him play baseball with my sister's two boys, my brother, and his son and daughter...Spring is truly here!

I have to go conjure up something yummy for dinner. I think a stir fry is the way to go. I have red and green cabbage, that I will stir fry in a wee bit of sesame oil, and add some soy sauce at the end...with steamed shrimp over that. Okay, that works...gotta go, my mouth is watering!

Thank you again, 2cute, and you too Baylee, for sharing your wisdom! Love you guys! :love:

jackslady
03-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey everybody! So, looks like the husband noodlehead gene involves more than mine! Don't get me wrong, he is really a sweety when it comes to helping in the house as he helps clean up dishes every night, will carry down the dirty laundry and then carry the clean up and usually put it away, helps me make the bed on the days I get up with him etc, but he has a short circuit when it comes to jobs like yesterday's.

2cute: Yes, T has gorgeous red hair and here is the funny story about that. His dad has black hair as well as his parents and sister all have dark hair, my dh has dark brown hair, ds is blond and I am a blond. His mom had beautiful cornsilk blond hair her whole life until she was a senior in high school. She wanted to cut her hair all off and color it dark red so I let her. When her hair grew out, it grew out red and it is now the color of my grandson's and she has never colored her hair again!

It is warm and beautiful today and I never even stuck a toe out. I was exhausted last night so didn't go to church this morning and was still kind of drug out today so moped around the house. I did watch a really good DVD we had bought called Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks. It is sad though.

Not much news from here. Kat, I LOVE avocado, but try to limit how much I eat of it.

Talk to you ladies later. Enjoy chat tonight. Sorry my computer does not allow me to join you.

D

jackslady
03-23-2003, 06:31 PM
HERE IS A GOOD REASON TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

(Unfortunately, I never saw any sailors that looked like this on my husband's ships when he was in the Navy :lol: )

Grannie39074
03-23-2003, 07:34 PM
OH BOY I may join the Navy

peekabooangel
03-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm here, and have read every single post you all have made. Just wasn't feeling really chatty. I did manage to get a lot done around the house though and the laundry is finally done!!!!

Back to work in the a.m. so should turn in early tonight, but probably wont. LOL

Hugs to you all,

~Sandy~

PS) Tina, sorry Tony had a yucky race day!! But I was glad for the man that did win Bush......I guess I really don't have a fav. still, but I figured he was so darn close last week.....what was it like 1" that he deserved the win today. Tony's got to get his butt in gear and take his turn at the front of the line.

2cute2Bfat
03-23-2003, 08:13 PM
OOOoooo La La !!!!!!!!
Donna.... that picture got this OLD LADIES juices flowing.
Anyone have a cigarette !!! :smoking: :lol:
I don't smoke but I will be happy to start to have those service men SERVICE me. :o :lol:

Time to move on ladies to our next thread... although I hate leaving these hunks behind. Behinds !!! Speaking of behinds... I bet they have great a$$es too. :lol:

STOP !!!!! Do Not post here.
Instead come join us at our next thread... #304