Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday May 15, 2012

Sewmam
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
IP Daily Chat tuesday 5/15/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You __________________ __________________

Sewmam
05-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Good morning everybody! Hey, how do you get the links to show up when you start the new chat thread?

Anyway, my internet is crazy slow this morning, so just a quick hello to you all and hope you have a wonderful day!

I had my splurge day yesterday and finally went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. I'm still smiling. Today, I do my day (or two) of penitence on Phase 1... ;) It was so worth it...

Cadu
05-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Good morning everybody! Hey, how do you get the links to show up when you start the new chat thread?

Anyway, my internet is crazy slow this morning, so just a quick hello to you all and hope you have a wonderful day!

I had my splurge day yesterday and finally went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. I'm still smiling. Today, I do my day (or two) of penitence on Phase 1... ;) It was so worth it...

Glad you enjoyed your splurge day.. Hey, you earned it.

Good Morning Everybody!

It is a dreary nasty day here today but a good day none the less. I went to my chiropractor yesterday for the back aches. Boy did she hurt me yesterday but this morning I can feel that it is better allready. She seems to think that splenda is not effecting my back (she is also my IP coach) she thinks it is the size of the DD girls I carry around all day. Maybe when I hit goal I will look into reducing those babies. anyhow, it feels good to feel better.

Have a great day everybody.. and remember..... NO CHEATING :^:

prettyone
05-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Good Morning All,

Another wet day here, tomorrow is suppose to be a nice day. But all in all Im still 100% OP. I go for my WI tomorrow a day earlier because my coach is not going to be there Thursday so Im hoping all goes well even with TOM hanging out with me this week. Hope everyone has a good day and stay OP!

prettyone
05-15-2012, 07:35 AM

Morning Sewmam. So glad you enjoyed dinner its the little things in life4 that makes us happy. Enjoy your day.

Good Morning Everybody!

It is a dreary nasty day here today but a good day none the less. I went to my chiropractor yesterday for the back aches. Boy did she hurt me yesterday but this morning I can feel that it is better allready. She seems to think that splenda is not effecting my back (she is also my IP coach) she thinks it is the size of the DD girls I carry around all day. Maybe when I hit goal I will look into reducing those babies. anyhow, it feels good to feel better.

Morning Cadu,

your pics look wonderful, keep up the good work. So glad your back is feeling better Im sure that was a bad feeling. Have a great day as well.

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 08:11 AM

I had that happen to me too I went back to an older daily thread that was not closed yet and cut and pasted the body from that thread. I saved the body in a document on my PC at home so I would have it next time. I'm at work or I would PM it to you.

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Friday I had a friend ask me If I had more hair. I smiled and said no. Once I get a photo up you will see why, I've been balding for years. I told her I did need a hair cut. She went on thinking it was my hair. I smiled again when my wife told her I'd recently lost a lot of weight. I'm still balding but my face is so much thinner. :cheer3::cheer2:

MustangMolly
05-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Friday I had a friend ask me If I had more hair. I smiled and said no. Once I get a photo up you will see why, I've been balding for years. I told her I did need a hair cut. She went on thinking it was my hair. I smiled again when my wife told her I'd recently lost a lot of weight. I'm still balding but my face is so much thinner. :cheer3::cheer2:

What a great NSV!

KBig
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!

Feeling good... and focused intently on drinking WATER.

Gearing up for my WI this Sat (,y first Sat WI since changing days)

looking fwd to seeing my work these past 9 days ...

have a great day yall !!!

OP Yall.

shathom
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone. It is indeed a beautiful day here in Panama City, FL (even though I had to go to work). I have noticed that I have adopted a brand new attitude since I've been on IP. My step is a little livelier, I'm feeling sassy for an old broad :lol:

I am so encouraged by all the progress that has been made by you guys. It is marvelous, truly marvelous. Have a great OP day :sunny:

Smooches!

Kris11
05-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I have been on maintenance since Friday and was doing great until bedtime lastnight. I ate a whole bunch of peanut butter and honey and now I feel terrible (physically and emotionally) this morning. Should I do a phase 1 day today? I just don't want to slip back into old habits. Really disappointed in myself..

Skinnyminny26
05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Good morning all. This weeks challenge...I'm off work because I have shingles...in a lot of pain, and I'm home alone and bored....must remember no emotional/bordum eating!!!

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM

Forgive me if there are hugs spelling or word errors here, using my tablet this morning. I copy and paste the words first for the thread, then once those are in go back and right click each link, copy link address, go back to your post and highlight the same spot in your post and click the "insert hyperlink" and paste the link you still have copied. There might be a faster way but that's just what I did.

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
I have been on maintenance since Friday and was doing great until bedtime lastnight. I ate a whole bunch of peanut butter and honey and now I feel terrible (physically and emotionally) this morning. Should I do a phase 1 day today? I just don't want to slip back into old habits. Really disappointed in myself..

I would do a day or two of phase 1

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Have a great day everyone! It's absolutely beautiful. would love to stay home and work in my garden, but duty calls!

Chloe222
05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
[quote=usmcvet;4333772]I had that happen to me too I went back to an older daily thread that was not closed yet and cut and pasted the body from that thread. I saved the body in a document on my PC at home so I would have it next time. I'm at work or I would PM it to you.[/quote
Hello Sewmam,]

Be sure you copy it from a post that had all the links active in it.

Have a great day!

MustangMolly
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM

Maybe just consider that your cheat for this week. Do your day or two of phase one and then get back to maintenance.

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
So yesterday was kind of a low point, I ended up eating grilled salmon and green bean casserole for lunch, then went to Huhot for dinner. Was very well behaved there but this morning I'm showing I'm up 1.6 lbs :-( so I know I indulged way too much AnD am praying that I can still have a loss this week. I was trying to reset my body from Sunday, when I ate my larger meal for lunch rather than dinner. I'll post later today but had to get that off my chest. Is it wring I hope it just all "passes" through today and my weight balances out tomorrow?

Tmg1989
05-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Morning All,

Another wet day here, tomorrow is suppose to be a nice day. But all in all Im still 100% OP. I go for my WI tomorrow a day earlier because my coach is not going to be there Thursday so Im hoping all goes well even with TOM hanging out with me this week. Hope everyone has a good day and stay OP!

Prettyone, i am getting tired of these rainy Maryland days!!,

Wishing all a good day!

prettyone
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Prettyone, i am getting tired of these rainy Maryland days!!,

Wishing all a good day!

Tmg, :carrot:Im there with you but the next three days are "suppose" to be nice. I know we need the rain as long as it dont rain on my days off lol (weekend).

Darralyn
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM

That is a great NSV!! Hurry up and get your picture up!! :cool:

You are such a great role model!! I have been following your progress in phase 4 and I sure hope I can do the program as meticulously as you have; you are amazing! :)

Good Morning All,

Hope you have a great WI! Sorry your weather is so bad out east; we finally have great weather here in the Northwest! It sure brightens my spirits!:flow1:

Good Morning Everybody!

Glad to hear that you got some relief!! You are looking sooo good!!!:flame:

tauthier
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning all,
I had my first weigh in yesterday on the IP program.
I lost 5.4 pounds!!!!
It took me 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds on WW! I'm excited!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Hopefully my second week will go as good.
I didn't have any problems with nausea or headaches so that is good. Just felt weak occasionally.
I'm going to get blood work done this morning so I can see the difference when I get to goal.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Teresa

carolirish
05-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Hello All. Weigh in #1 today and am down 7lbs. Love it!

Darralyn
05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
:getwell:Good morning everyone. It is indeed a beautiful day here in Panama City, FL (even though I had to go to work). I have noticed that I have adopted a brand new attitude since I've been on IP. My step is a little livelier, I'm feeling sassy for an old broad :lol:

I am so encouraged by all the progress that has been made by you guys. It is marvelous, truly marvelous. Have a great OP day :sunny:

Smooches!

Good for you!! I can relate; I feel sassy for an old broad also!!:cheer3::cheer3: Have a great OP day yourself!

Good morning all. This weeks challenge...I'm off work because I have shingles...in a lot of pain, and I'm home alone and bored....must remember no emotional/bordum eating!!!

I'm sorry; I know you are in terrible pain! :getwell:

Have a great day everyone! It's absolutely beautiful. would love to stay home and work in my garden, but duty calls!

It is beautiful here also and it really does make going to work difficult!!
Have a wonderful OP day! :sunny:

enr20707
05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Good Morning all! I joined yesterday and still trying to figure out how to use this site but so glad I stumbled upon it. Today is WI day and I will be starting week 3. This has been challenging but I keep going because the changes are happening so quickly and my hubby joined me last week in this journey. I have noticed changes in my daughters eating habits just from watching us :> Mother's day was my 1st social event since I started and it was hard to be around the foods that get me in trouble but when it got tempting we left the party and I am so proud of my husband and myself for not falling down the black hole. I lost 8 lbs the first week and think I have lost 5 this week. It's raining today but sunny inside of me. Have a great day all.

Darralyn
05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
So yesterday was kind of a low point, I ended up eating grilled salmon and green bean casserole for lunch, then went to Huhot for dinner. Was very well behaved there but this morning I'm showing I'm up 1.6 lbs :-( so I know I indulged way too much AnD am praying that I can still have a loss this week. I was trying to reset my body from Sunday, when I ate my larger meal for lunch rather than dinner. I'll post later today but had to get that off my chest. Is it wring I hope it just all "passes" through today and my weight balances out tomorrow?

Sorry you are having a rough time I hope you can get OP and feel better soon!

Skinnyminny26
05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Darralyn;4333852]:getwell:

I'm sorry; I know you are in terrible pain! :getwell:

Thank you thank you!!

salmongirl
05-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Morning to all! Another beautiful Idaho day in store! I almost have the infrastructure completed on my garden...whew! It has been a lot of work! Next year will seem easy-breezy!

I hope everyone has a great day!

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Well I finally made it 20lbs. gone forever and ever. I went shopping on Sat. and what a feeling to bypass the plus sizes and actually fit into a large top and a size 14 pant. Clothes shopping is going to be so much fun now. WI is tomorrow night I know I have lost about 3lbs. so far since last Wed. I hope everyone has a great WI this week, and congrats to every loser here. (This is the only place that we all love to be a loser):carrot:

NOVAScents
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Morning all! I'm on my second week on IP with my WI tomorrow morning. LOVING this diet! I lost 6.2lbs the first week, so I'm hoping its another good number this week!

sandralosingweight
05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Hello everybody,

Can anyone who is doing IP (not the alternatives) tell me how many grams are in a pack of the IP soy nut (garlic and onions or BBQ it doesn't matter)?

I found this place next to my work who sells soy nuts in bulk so I want to buy some and I will flavour them with spices, but I would like to know exactly how much should I weigh to have as a portion. I know they are a restricted item.

Please, can anyone help me ?

prettyone
05-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Hope you have a great WI! Sorry your weather is so bad out east; we finally have great weather here in the Northwest! It sure brightens my spirits!:flow1:

Thanks Darralyn, for now the rain has stopped. The next few days suppose to be nice so I wont complain. Enjoy your day!:goodvibes

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Morning to all! Another beautiful Idaho day in store! I almost have the infrastructure completed on my garden...whew! It has been a lot of work! Next year will seem easy-breezy!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hey Salmongirl I see you are really close to onederland, hoping the whoosh fairy visits you this week so you will be able to put a 1 in front of the number instead of that terrible 2, I know I was overyjoyed. Good luck

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Good Morning all! I joined yesterday and still trying to figure out how to use this site but so glad I stumbled upon it. Today is WI day and I will be starting week 3. This has been challenging but I keep going because the changes are happening so quickly and my hubby joined me last week in this journey. I have noticed changes in my daughters eating habits just from watching us :> Mother's day was my 1st social event since I started and it was hard to be around the foods that get me in trouble but when it got tempting we left the party and I am so proud of my husband and myself for not falling down the black hole. I lost 8 lbs the first week and think I have lost 5 this week. It's raining today but sunny inside of me. Have a great day all.

This is a great site, it will give you encouragement when you need it, advice if you ask for it, a place to vent if you need it and a place to post all your victories (and there will lots of them). My husband is doing this with me, although he doesn't need to lose anymore weight, but he is on it to lower his blood sugars as he is a diabetic, and it is working. It makes things so much easier with both of you doing the same thing, and encouraging each other. Keep up the good work. Caren

cass2ander
05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Hello everybody,

Can anyone who is doing IP (not the alternatives) tell me how many grams are in a pack of the IP soy nut (garlic and onions or BBQ it doesn't matter)?

I found this place next to my work who sells soy nuts in bulk so I want to buy some and I will flavour them with spices, but I would like to know exactly how much should I weigh to have as a portion. I know they are a restricted item.

Hi :smug:

Soy nuts
Cal: 140
Fat: 7
Carb : 9
Protein: 11

Hope that help

Cassie

MaMaZu
05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Hello everybody,

The nutritional sheet says 140 calories, 11 grams protein, 9 carbs., 3 grams sugar and 4 fiber.

NOVAScents
05-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Hello everybody,

http://idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf#soy%20nuts

30g

Tripmama
05-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Nothing but blue skies here today. Here is to staying OP!!!!!

cass2ander
05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Forgot to say: 7 grams in one pack.

sandralosingweight
05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi :smug:

Soy nuts
Cal: 140
Fat: 7
Carb : 9
Protein: 11

Hope that help

Cassie

The nutritional sheet says 140 calories, 11 grams protein, 9 carbs., 3 grams sugar and 4 fiber.

http://idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf#soy%20nuts

30g

Thank you everyone for your answers :)

I wanted to know how many grams in a pack actually, not the nutritional info, but now I see that it is 30 grams per pack.

So, again, thank you very much.

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers :)

I wanted to know how many grams in a pack actually, not the nutritional info, but now I see that it is 30 grams per pack.

So, again, thank you very much.

I see you are approaching onederland, congratulations :carrot: it is such a wonderful feeling the first time you step on the scale and it registers a 1 before the rest of the numbers. Also only 2lbs. to go until you are half way to your goal. It will be a big victory for you, enjoy it and keep up the good work.

rissimo
05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Sewmam,
I sent you a PM.

Soootiff
05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
It's absolutely gorgeous in Seattle today. Days like this make living here so worth it (I'm originally from So Cal.)!
Things are good - didn't notice much difference when I peeked on the scale this morning, but I'm not sweating it. WI day isn't until Friday anyway.
Between these message boards and the Knot, I'm a busy girl planning dieting and my wedding :) Oh yea, and a little working in there too :D

Hope everyone has a great, OP Tuesday!

Chloe222
05-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Good morning all,
I had my first weigh in yesterday on the IP program.
I lost 5.4 pounds!!!!
It took me 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds on WW! I'm excited!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I so agree that weight loss on IP is so much better than Weight Watchers but we also have the truly important benefit of resetting our pancreas so it functions in a healthy way and we stop being fat storage devices (as I call it)!

I also lost exactly twice as much on IP over a 2 month period than I did on WW.

Hello All. Weigh in #1 today and am down 7lbs. Love it! Welcome and great work!!

Good Morning all! I joined yesterday and still trying to figure out how to use this site but so glad I stumbled upon it.
It took me a while to learn how to use the site and just yesterday I had to ask someone how to do a certain function, but its so much fun to use, read the stickies, the archived threads, learn so much and that will motivate you to stay on the program w/o desire for cheating. I find that the more I read about IP, the stronger my resolve to stay 100% OP (on the program/no cheating).

As you are new and about to learn so much, you might want to start creating your own library of word docs with your favorite tips/info/recipes. I did that, many of us did.

Well I finally made it 20lbs. gone forever and ever. I went shopping on Sat. and what a feeling to bypass the plus sizes and actually fit into a large top and a size 14 pant. Clothes shopping is going to be so much fun now.
Congrats on the new sizes!! It's so much fun to shop (even if its only window shopping) the smaller sizes!

rissimo
05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Been doing some reading to get caught up on all that has been going on since I am not on here that much anymore. Congratulations to all the losses this week so far! Well this morning was weigh in # 25 for me and I am proud to say that the scale is once again moving downward. I lost 2.8 pounds and I am back to what I was 3 weeks ago. FINALLY. I was about ready to throw the scale thru the window if it went up again. I'm so ready for my body to stop protesting and continue on with what I want it to do. Hopefully it will continue to go down from now on. I don't have that much more to go and I have to admit, even tho I try to be upbeat about it, it really does get frustrating.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! Good luck to those that still have to weigh in.

Sewmam
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Kris11: Don't beat yourself up for it! I'm only on maintenance since March 27, but I found that I had several episodes of eating the foods I used to love, and being unable to control myself. The joy of tasting those foods was wonderful, but I got the urge out of my system and am not afraid anymore. When you've been as disciplined as we have had to be on this program, I think it is a natural human reaction. Just learn from it. Do a Phase 1 day.

Thanks to everybody for the tips on getting the links to show up!

I made my old standby banana pudding and vanilla premade combo this morning, but instead of just putting it over ice, I threw it in the blender with the ice and made a soft-serve ice cream. Felt like I was getting more that way. ;) I'm going to use the rest of it at lunch to make a spinach smoothie with WF caramel dip.

I am finding that this Phase 1 thing is really a good thing psychologically. It gives you a moment to check your habits. For example, I love my Starbucks coffee black, but had been putting either regular half/half or fat-free in it since I started maintenance, because I could. It really is okay to just have it black. Stuff like that...

Welcome to the newbees and good luck on your weigh-ins today!

sandralosingweight
05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I see you are approaching onederland, congratulations :carrot: it is such a wonderful feeling the first time you step on the scale and it registers a 1 before the rest of the numbers. Also only 2lbs. to go until you are half way to your goal. It will be a big victory for you, enjoy it and keep up the good work.

Actually I am not, I am so far from it now, I just did not update my signature yet :(

I gained about 20 pounds since I reached the 202, I even once reached 201 and then the stupid me decided to take a break!!! The stupidest thing I've ever done, I gained and kept gaining and it is so hard to get back to being 100% OP now :(

DanafromAustin
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Love it. When women lose weight the first thing they hear is, "Did you cut your hair?", but I guess men hear, "Do you have more hair?"

Congrats to all of the great WI's this morning.:carrot:

It's rainy and humid here this morning, but hopefully the sun will make an appearance sometime later today. I was happy to get on the scale today and see that it is moving down a little bit this week. I was at a real stand still there for awhile, so hopefully this is a sign that things will start moving again.

I hope everyone has a 100% IP day, and treat your body well.:hug:

Emmy501
05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Happy Tuesday all. I am excited to be here, as it seems like everyone here is supportive and upbeat. I can't wait to jump in. Make it a great day! :)

mooselover
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Wow, lots of newbies today. Welcome everyone!!! I am hoping for a good day today.
My DD is going to cut and color my hair this afternoon. That gray color is showing up and I don't like it!!! So that should help perk up my mood. I am also living the 60 degree weather we are having this week :)

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Love it. When women lose weight the first thing they hear is, "Did you cut your hair?", but I guess men hear, "Do you have more hair?"

It was a great feeling, especially since my wife was there and pointed out my WL.

Just tried to take a self portrait, YUCK. I tend to be the one behind the camera and don't like getting in front of it much. I will ask my coach for a new photo Thursday and have her email me the new photo and the one from several weeks ago.

Smooches back at you shathom you made me giggle with the "smooches" thanks.

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Actually I am not, I am so far from it now, I just did not update my signature yet :(

I gained about 20 pounds since I reached the 202, I even once reached 201 and then the stupid me decided to take a break!!! The stupidest thing I've ever done, I gained and kept gaining and it is so hard to get back to being 100% OP now :(

Sorry to hear about the gain, but you realize what happened and you will learn from it, you have to phase off not just quit cold turkey. You have done it before and you WILL do it again. Keep the faith.

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Happy Tuesday all. I am excited to be here, as it seems like everyone here is supportive and upbeat. I can't wait to jump in. Make it a great day! :)

Welcome aboard, this is a great place to be for support, advice, celebrations and well sometimes just plain venting. Good luck on your journey and feel free to lean on us when needed.

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 11:45 AM
NSV for me this morning.

I have been hungry most of the morning. I looked at the clock around 930 and was thinking about lunch! I am learning to better deal with "being hungry" it's not the screaming I NEED TO EAT NOW! Kind of hungry but just a little hungry that in the past I would have moved immediately to satisfy. I'm learning it's okay to be a little hungry and I am dealing with it. Hmmmm and it's almost lunch time. I'm just happy I did not eat before lunch.

I did not get my veggies in this morning and will make sure I do better the rest of the day. I think that is part of being hungry. I had a nice chocolate shake for breakfast, did not get up early enough to make my yummy IP omelet with green peppers and mushrooms.

100poundfreeway
05-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I really wish I had more time to be on here I miss all the encouraging words and wisdom! Everyone is look great and doing so great I'm so proud to be part of this even if it is only about once a week! :)

I'm still going strong but had to stop in today for a min to get some encouragement even though I'm loosing I getting tired I have a huge headache and food just doesn't interest me at all the last few days! So I wanted to see everyone elses sucess and remind myself that this is so worth it!

CassiR
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Morning all,
Welcome to all the new people. You will love your results with this program.
:hug:
I'm struggling a little bit. With phase 3, I've started doing some intense exercise. I run for about 20-30 minutes in the morning and then do a strength circuit in the evenings. Some days I have an extra packet but really it's not needed with being out of ketosis. I do have a lot more energy. But last night after my workout I had my peanut soy puffs (which are not very good btw) and I wanted another packet. I resisted it and did not have it. I went to bed. I felt SO guilty just "wanting" that extra packet. Even though I didn't have it. This morning I woke up STARVING. I think my body really did need that extra packet last night.
I spend so much time punishing myself for wanting more when maybe my body really needs more? I always feel hungry (except after my p3 breakfasts) and can't wait until phase 4 when I can have snacks. Ugh. But then I feel guilty for being hungry... I think this program is great but i'm starting to get too obsessive over something I need to live. I'm scared of food. Why should I feel guilty over something I never ate, but wanted to?
:?:

haddy4
05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
good morning everyone...went to my sons baseball banquet last night ..very tempting it was a potluck so tons of yummy food ..so i ate dinner before i went and brought water to sip on and totally stayed strong..also it was really cool cause people are starting to notice my weight lose makes me feel good.

Jag23
05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I need a good kick in the BUTT! Have been eating off program and I cm just about there! Mu weight last week was 150 lbs. Only have 3 to get to goal. I can't figure out why I am not sticking to progrann. I think I'll have a long talk with my coach this week ,maybe she can talk some sense into me. I am walking and cycling,but its the snacking that I'm not controlling...........Ok so I admitted this,now I am really going to try and do better. I have also just seen my journal and realized,I'm not writting in it. These nights shifts are getting me off program!!!!!!! When I wake today,I am going to do better

redhead14
05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
You are FINE!!! Hit phase 1 for a day or 2 if you want. Stressing and beating yourself up is worse on your body than the food you ate. We are all human and will have have stumbles, the key is picking yourself up and moving on.

Tripmama
05-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I need a good kick in the BUTT! Have been eating off program and I cm just about there! Mu weight last week was 150 lbs. Only have 3 to get to goal. I can't figure out why I am not sticking to progrann. I think I'll have a long talk with my coach this week ,maybe she can talk some sense into me. I am walking and cycling,but its the snacking that I'm not controlling...........Ok so I admitted this,now I am really going to try and do better. I have also just seen my journal and realized,I'm not writting in it. These nights shifts are getting me off program!!!!!!! When I wake today,I am going to do better

Remember...it is not your night shifts that are eating Off Program, it is YOU! YOU are in control! You are so close...finish! Phase off and maintain. You have GOT this.

LizRR
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Howdy Folks - just a quick 'Good Morning'. Getting a late start, took the morning off to go to an awards banquet for my mother-in-law. She was very surprised to see us there with our son, so that was a great way to start the day!

I just finished my lunch - I usually have IP Chicken Soup mixed with pureed veggies but am changing it up a little. I turned the puree into a soup with some chicken broth (1 cup = 5 cals from 1g protein) and had the IP Southwest Cheese Curls with it. See how it 'sticks' with me. No real reason, just felt like changing things up a little.

NSV for me this morning.

I have been hungry most of the morning. I looked at the clock around 930 and was thinking about lunch! I am learning to better deal with "being hungry" it's not the screaming I NEED TO EAT NOW! Kind of hungry but just a little hungry that in the past I would have moved immediately to satisfy. I'm learning it's okay to be a little hungry and I am dealing with it. Hmmmm and it's almost lunch time. I'm just happy I did not eat before lunch.

I'm also 'learning' that it's okay to be a little hungry before you eat. I guess that's one of the things I'm starting to pick up - eat when your body is hungry - not because your mind feels like it (recovering boredom eater/perpetual snacker here). I am establishing a new way of living and I really love it - I finally feel in control!

good morning everyone...went to my sons baseball banquet last night ..very tempting it was a potluck so tons of yummy food ..so i ate dinner before i went and brought water to sip on and totally stayed strong..also it was really cool cause people are starting to notice my weight lose makes me feel good.

That's EXCELLENT! That is a great strategy you devised and stuck to the game plan! I have definitely found that a little planning helps avoid temptation and keeps me on track!

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 12:59 PM
It was a great feeling, especially since my wife was there and pointed out my WL.

Just tried to take a self portrait, YUCK. I tend to be the one behind the camera and don't like getting in front of it much. I will ask my coach for a new photo Thursday and have her email me the new photo and the one from several weeks ago.

Smooches back at you shathom you made me giggle with the "smooches" thanks.

What you may think is YUCK is more than likely not true. I know there are MANY MANY times I take a pic of myself and I am like OMG what are you thinking????.....BUT it helps me when I see it....Don't be shy....let us see who you are....YOU are killing this program and we can see your smile through your words!!

Hey everyone, just checking in real quick before I go ride the buses. Lots of good things happening today I see. Those of you who are struggling, keep your chins up it will get better, stick to the program and believe in it and in yourself! Have a great day everyone!

prettygirlusaf
05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Well this is Day 20 and I am feeling sick today, headache and light headed. Hopefully it will pass soon!!
How long are everyones coaches wanting them on P1? I thought it was until 80 OR 90% of your weight was lost. Do we get to decide on which %? I asked my coach yesterday and she said 90%, but I am feeling like I want to save some money and move to P2 at 80%. Is it up to me? I know ultimately it is, I could quit and do it on my own and since I am moving out of state I probably will, but do you think she should give me info on the other phases before I move?? I paid for a lifetime of coaching they said, but obviously an 8+ hr dive every week is not happening and I will probably have to pay another office consultation fee if I go somewhere else? Who knows, I read that the mark-up on this food is 100% and that makes me sad!! I understand marking it up to make money, but that much is showing me that the doctors are more interested in the $ than my health. I am hoping that I can get a handle on everything myself and do an alternative plan in a couple of months. I am so thankful for this website!!

reneepw
05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Well this is Day 20 and I am feeling sick today, headache and light headed. Hopefully it will pass soon!!
How long are everyones coaches wanting them on P1? I thought it was until 80 OR 90% of your weight was lost. Do we get to decide on which %? I asked my coach yesterday and she said 90%, but I am feeling like I want to save some money and move to P2 at 80%. Is it up to me? I know ultimately it is, I could quit and do it on my own and since I am moving out of state I probably will, but do you think she should give me info on the other phases before I move?? I paid for a lifetime of coaching they said, but obviously an 8+ hr dive every week is not happening and I will probably have to pay another office consultation fee if I go somewhere else? Who knows, I read that the mark-up on this food is 100% and that makes me sad!! I understand marking it up to make money, but that much is showing me that the doctors are more interested in the $ than my health. I am hoping that I can get a handle on everything myself and do an alternative plan in a couple of months. I am so thankful for this website!!

Hi - my coach told me yesterday that we are on phase 1 till 100% now. She had a new sheet. the other change was that the protein with the main meal is a flat 8 ozs. Hang in there!

reneepw
05-15-2012, 01:11 PM
I've read all sorts of variations on how everyone plans their meals, but one thing I still don't understand is the 'big' meal with the 8 oz of protein. Do I have to eat that all at once? Could I split it between lunch and dinner? Or just have a smaller snack and then the rest at dinner?
would that completely mess up ketosis?

thanks for all the posts; this site has been tremendously helpful!

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Morning all,
Welcome to all the new people. You will love your results with this program.
I'm struggling a little bit. With phase 3, I've started doing some intense exercise. I run for about 20-30 minutes in the morning and then do a strength circuit in the evenings. Some days I have an extra packet but really it's not needed with being out of ketosis. I do have a lot more energy. But last night after my workout I had my peanut soy puffs (which are not very good btw) and I wanted another packet. I resisted it and did not have it. I went to bed. I felt SO guilty just "wanting" that extra packet. Even though I didn't have it. This morning I woke up STARVING. I think my body really did need that extra packet last night.
I spend so much time punishing myself for wanting more when maybe my body really needs more? I always feel hungry (except after my p3 breakfasts) and can't wait until phase 4 when I can have snacks. Ugh. But then I feel guilty for being hungry... I think this program is great but i'm starting to get too obsessive over something I need to live. I'm scared of food. Why should I feel guilty over something I never ate, but wanted to?

Oh no! Don't hate food :( Food is our friend. We need it for nutritional value and fuel for our bodies. Don't feel guilty for WANTING something. I've always WANTED a lambourgini and am still reconciling with the fact I'll never get one ;) ... but in all seriousness, don't let this lifestyle turn you into OCD about food and a downward spiral of guilt. You are working out hard, maybe check in with your coach, if you work out xyz hours in a week , how many calories/carbs would you need in extra packets etc. to stay healthy and fit? Kudos on the exercise btw! Strength circuit training sounds scary! You will be OK, it'll take a bit to re-train your brain. Maybe experiment for a week. Eat a non restricted when you are starving and see if you gain at the end of the week or if your body really need it and you maintain or lose. :hug: :hug: :hug: Let us know how you're doing later ok??

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 01:41 PM

Check with your coach, but I was under the impression that once you paid the initial fee it didn't matter where you went you didn't have to pay it again.

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi - my coach told me yesterday that we are on phase 1 till 100% now. She had a new sheet. the other change was that the protein with the main meal is a flat 8 ozs. Hang in there!
Awe crap, really? 8 ounces flat? I struggled getting 6 down! :mad: And I had figured I'd probably do Ph:1 until I hit goal, whatever that # may be...still hate the waffling on coach's opinions. whoop, negative nancy strikes again, dang hormones :(

You can do it You can do it! I worked night shift too and was gaining weight faster that I was earning Overtime I think. 30 pounds in 3 years pretty much turned me into a marshmellow...and I feel your pain, it's hard to stay accountable and healthy when your body is awake when it thinks it should be sleeping, and gets hungry cuz it wants energy to now stay awake. Maybe pack a snack of sliced cucumbers or green peppers in some WF dressing to munch on when you get munchy or anything like that. I hope your talk with your coach helps! :hug:

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 01:47 PM

Weigh yourself and see the results of this for future reference. I would consider a day or 2 of day 1 to try to reduce sugar cravings...

Bellamack
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Been doing some reading to get caught up on all that has been going on since I am not on here that much anymore. Congratulations to all the losses this week so far! Well this morning was weigh in # 25 for me and I am proud to say that the scale is once again moving downward. I lost 2.8 pounds and I am back to what I was 3 weeks ago. FINALLY. I was about ready to throw the scale thru the window if it went up again. I'm so ready for my body to stop protesting and continue on with what I want it to do. Hopefully it will continue to go down from now on. I don't have that much more to go and I have to admit, even tho I try to be upbeat about it, it really does get frustrating.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! Good luck to those that still have to weigh in.
Rissimo,
I remember when you started IP, you look FANTASTIC! Congrats to you.

jenn04
05-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Trying to think what to eat for dinner. I have defrosted some trout. Anyone have any OP baked fish recipes. I sure would appreciate it. I am starting to get stuck eating the same things over and over

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Just finished lunch - soy burger, sauteed leek and zucchini and a big salad! YUM and I'm stuffed.

I love checking in here - good to see all the support and tips people have.

It's a beautiful day here.

I see some people struggling through the maintenance. I don't think food should feel guilty. Life happens - I know that my weight will always be a challenge for me. I'm learning a lot of good things through this program. Everybody will gain a a lb. or 5, every once in awhile. Now we have the tools to remedy that. Just know, when we splurge, we will have a day or two of phase one - or even a couple weeks. Just keep believing! My coach who has been in maintenance for two years, is doing phase 1 for a couple of weeks until she loses a few pounds she didn't want. It's a lifestyle!

I hope everyone has a splendid day!! ;)

Samba
05-15-2012, 02:21 PM

Yes, I have been on IP since Feb and my info said 100% on Phase 1 and 8 oz meat. I guess it takes time for the new info to disseminate. Not sure how that is handled.

I was glad to hear 100% of goal for P1. Now just waiting to get there!:carrot:

Anita43
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Check with your coach, but I was under the impression that once you paid the initial fee it didn't matter where you went you didn't have to pay it again.

I just had my two week WI and have lost almost 8 lbs. I have a "coach", but am literally doing it by myself and with the help of this forum. Not happy with my "coach" and was considering changing, but another person who sells IP told me that if I do change, it WOULD cost another consultation fee. There is no feedback, empathy, comprehension or explaining at my WI. If the food is 100% markup, sadly, this explains why some "coaches" are selling it. Sorry for being negative, but this is the truth in my experience.
Now I will go to the newbie tips and browse through to see what I can learn.:(

CassiR
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh no! Don't hate food :( Food is our friend. We need it for nutritional value and fuel for our bodies. Don't feel guilty for WANTING something. I've always WANTED a lambourgini and am still reconciling with the fact I'll never get one ;) ... but in all seriousness, don't let this lifestyle turn you into OCD about food and a downward spiral of guilt. You are working out hard, maybe check in with your coach, if you work out xyz hours in a week , how many calories/carbs would you need in extra packets etc. to stay healthy and fit? Kudos on the exercise btw! Strength circuit training sounds scary! You will be OK, it'll take a bit to re-train your brain. Maybe experiment for a week. Eat a non restricted when you are starving and see if you gain at the end of the week or if your body really need it and you maintain or lose. :hug: :hug: :hug: Let us know how you're doing later ok??
Thank you. I really appreciate your input! I think i'm just too worried I'm going to binge. People always say "oh well if you lose weight that quickly then you'll probably gain it back just as quick" I know it's so easy to just gain it all back and I'm scared it's going to happen. I just got back from my spinning class (which I love by the way, much easier the second time) and I think it cleared my mind. I feel better. Thank you again and it makes me feel so good to know people care!

I see some people struggling through the maintenance. I don't think food should feel guilty. Life happens - I know that my weight will always be a challenge for me. I'm learning a lot of good things through this program. Everybody will gain a a lb. or 5, every once in awhile. Now we have the tools to remedy that. Just know, when we splurge, we will have a day or two of phase one - or even a couple weeks. Just keep believing! My coach who has been in maintenance for two years, is doing phase 1 for a couple of weeks until she loses a few pounds she didn't want. It's a lifestyle!

You're right. It's so simple to just get back in p1 and drop it again. Thank you!

Jag23
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
OK,so I didn't sleep very long. I'm off tod
ay and hate to waste it sleeping. Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Trying to think what to eat for dinner. I have defrosted some trout. Anyone have any OP baked fish recipes. I sure would appreciate it. I am starting to get stuck eating the same things over and over
I have a few that are for tilapia but would work with IP , my blog has the list of them just look under "baked" or "tilapia", I'm not much of trout person. www.kaypix.wordpress.com , I think the...second archive of recipes had the fish pages? It's like 5 pages of halibut, salmon, trout, tilapia you name it, it's crazy! And that's where I got my recipes from.

Stay tough Anita! Let us know if you need anything else. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of people on this forum, but they are a true wealth of knowledge :)

I just got back from my spinning class (which I love by the way, much easier the second time) and I think it cleared my mind. I feel better. Thank you again and it makes me feel so good to know people care!
Glad you feel better :) Keep us updated :D

Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs
:hug: That's what we're all here for :D And you are MOST welcome !

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
OK,so I didn't sleep very long. I'm off tod
ay and hate to waste it sleeping. Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs

You're almost there! Just looked at your ticker - way to go!!

Kris11
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Kris11: Don't beat yourself up for it! I'm only on maintenance since March 27, but I found that I had several episodes of eating the foods I used to love, and being unable to control myself. The joy of tasting those foods was wonderful, but I got the urge out of my system and am not afraid anymore. When you've been as disciplined as we have had to be on this program, I think it is a natural human reaction. Just learn from it. Do a Phase 1 day.

Thanks to everybody for the tips on getting the links to show up!

I made my old standby banana pudding and vanilla premade combo this morning, but instead of just putting it over ice, I threw it in the blender with the ice and made a soft-serve ice cream. Felt like I was getting more that way. ;) I'm going to use the rest of it at lunch to make a spinach smoothie with WF caramel dip.

I am finding that this Phase 1 thing is really a good thing psychologically. It gives you a moment to check your habits. For example, I love my Starbucks coffee black, but had been putting either regular half/half or fat-free in it since I started maintenance, because I could. It really is okay to just have it black. Stuff like that...

Welcome to the newbees and good luck on your weigh-ins today!

Thank you so much. I just couldn't believe that I completely lost control like that after having been so disciplined. This phase one day is certainly cleansing for me physically and emotionally. I really really wish that tonight wasn't my weigh in with my coach though. I could use a couple of days for this to even out! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement:)

jenn04
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Kaypix thank ya

MrsChill
05-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know if pollack is allowed? It doesn't say on my sheet but was wondering if anyone has inquired about it or eats it.

Thanks.

MrsChill
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Side note:

Check out http://www.ideallyyou.ca/

If you sign up, you can access a swack of receipes. Sorry, not sure if it's usable for US residents.

Teden
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again :) Thank you all for your support!

Andie0606
05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again :) Thank you all for your support!

Wonderful! Congratulations! We were pulling for you.

haddy4
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM

congrats that is awesome !!!!! :carrot:

rvingprincess
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM

Congratulations :carrot: way to go and with 9 lbs. to spare. Good luck on the phasing off.

Lace and Levis
05-15-2012, 05:08 PM

Good Morning Everybody!

Go for it, reduce the girls! I did years ago and it was the best investment in my health. My girls are still pretty large, but my back, shoulders and headaches are much better. I'm also able to be more physically active, let face it running or even a good hardy walk can be painful. Now I can exercise and be more playful. If you have any questions feel free to private message me. I love the new pictures. You have a lot to be proud of, keep up all of the hard work.

Sewmam
05-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Boy, I sure missed having those snacks and unlimited vegees from Phase 4 (I'm on a Phase 1 day), but so far, so good. For lunch, I used the banana pudding/vanilla premade left over from breakfast to make a spinach smoothie with lots of ice and WF caramel dip - it actually whipped up into a mousse consistency and was really good and very filling!

I think I'll do some more tillapia for dinner with my favorite apricot dressing...

So many newbees! Congrats on making a great choice for your health and welcome!!!!

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you. I really appreciate your input! I think i'm just too worried I'm going to binge. People always say "oh well if you lose weight that quickly then you'll probably gain it back just as quick" I know it's so easy to just gain it all back and I'm scared it's going to happen. I just got back from my spinning class (which I love by the way, much easier the second time) and I think it cleared my mind. I feel better. Thank you again and it makes me feel so good to know people care!

You're right. It's so simple to just get back in p1 and drop it again. Thank you!

As an obsessive exerciser I have to say the timing of your workouts and meals can have a huge impact on the hunger that results from exercise. If I work out in the evening, from 6-7 and have dinner after I am fine.
If I work out in the morning (usually 9-10) I have a shake before, but am then hungry after. Lunch it sometimes too far away, do those days I sometimes have an extra packet. But I remain hungrier all day!

Spinning definitely gets more fun when your butt stops hurting!!!

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
OK , so I did my walk of penance , and stretched it out longer than normal, ended up with 2.22 miles in 26 minutes. And I'm going to mow the lawn tonight.

Anyways, what I found out (and why I think we all are losing weight at the 2lb/week or better) is this: There are 4 calories in 1 gram of carbohydrate, so roughly 875 grams of carbs in one actual pound of weight. If we USED to have an average of 250 grams of carbs/day (Study stated roughly 50% of calories came from carbs each day, so 1000 calories and that's 250 carbs) Now we have under 50g of carbs/day. So each and every day our body has 200 less carbs than what it considered "normal" and there are 7 days in a week, so 1400 less carbohydrates are consumed on this diet than on a "normal american" diet (fast food etc.). 1400grams of carbs is 1.6 pounds, so in theory, we lose 1.6 pounds of carbs each week, and whatever amount of fat since we eat less fat (but it's not regulated from what I see).

If anyone wants to do the math for fat, fat has 9 calories per 1 gram of fat, so it's about 389 grams of fat / pound.

OK, nerding out is completed...for now.

kmc1021
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
So before I get to reading I wanted to share my WI with ya'll. I started on alternatives last week and my coach flat out told me that I will not lose as much using alternatives, but I will still lose. My first WI I lost 7, second, 2, third 3.4 and today...5!!! Bye Bye 5 pounds of fat!! I am so happy! I was expecting 1 or 2 at the most!! I hope this keeps up so I can hit onederland by my anniversary!!

I was so tempted to WI this morning, in the buff so that it would be even more, but I didn't. I wore the same clothes I have been for the first 3, even shoes! I also did it at my normal 4:00 time!!

Lets hope for another successful week!!

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 05:29 PM
ZI passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Teden

Awesome job. Congratulations! You just had a baby right? You look great in your photo.

reneepw
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
OK , so I did my walk of penance , and stretched it out longer than normal, ended up with 2.22 miles in 26 minutes. And I'm going to mow the lawn tonight.

Anyways, what I found out (and why I think we all are losing weight at the 2lb/week or better) is this: There are 4 calories in 1 gram of carbohydrate, so roughly 875 grams of carbs in one actual pound of weight. If we USED to have an average of 250 grams of carbs/day (Study stated roughly 50% of calories came from carbs each day, so 1000 calories and that's 250 carbs) Now we have under 50g of carbs/day. So each and every day our body has 200 less carbs than what it considered "normal" and there are 7 days in a week, so 1400 less carbohydrates are consumed on this diet than on a "normal american" diet (fast food etc.). 1400grams of carbs is 1.6 pounds, so in theory, we lose 1.6 pounds of carbs each week, and whatever amount of fat since we eat less fat (but it's not regulated from what I see).

If anyone wants to do the math for fat, fat has 9 calories per 1 gram of fat, so it's about 389 grams of fat / pound.

Love the math! ....From a fellow geek.. way to go on the walk!

LizRR
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I've read all sorts of variations on how everyone plans their meals, but one thing I still don't understand is the 'big' meal with the 8 oz of protein. Do I have to eat that all at once? Could I split it between lunch and dinner? Or just have a smaller snack and then the rest at dinner?
would that completely mess up ketosis?

thanks for all the posts; this site has been tremendously helpful!

A lot of folks split up their protein between their lunch & dinner. Same with the veggies. I actually split my veggies across all my meals, but whoof down the meat at dinner! The only way to mess up ketosis is to carb out! Just keep track of your food, amounts, water etc in your food journal. Don't forget to note your 'extras' like WF, Splenda, etc.

Congratulations!!! I know it was quite a nail biter for you...must feel great to have all that pressure off. Good for you, stayed strong...enjoy your phase off!

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 05:37 PM
So before I get to reading I wanted to share my WI with ya'll. I started on alternatives last week and my coach flat out told me that I will not lose as much using alternatives, but I will still lose. My first WI I lost 7, second, 2, third 3.4 and today...5!!! Bye Bye 5 pounds of fat!! I am so happy! I was expecting 1 or 2 at the most!! I hope this keeps up so I can hit onederland by my anniversary!!

I was so tempted to WI this morning, in the buff so that it would be even more, but I didn't. I wore the same clothes I have been for the first 3, even shoes! I also did it at my normal 4:00 time!!

Lets hope for another successful week!!

Naked WI would be pretty funny and scary. You got me laughing.

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Ohmygosh congratulations!! I am sure you will do fantastically and your little tyke will appreciate a mom who is healthy and fit for sure :)

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM

I think it is way more complicated than a calorie equation. I have had weeks of 100% phase 1 coupled eith up to 10 hours of high intensity exercise and have still not lost. Too many hormones are influencing us!

Cadu
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM

yaaaaaay! good luck to you

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Love the math! ....From a fellow geek.. way to go on the walk!
:D

Side note:

Check out http://www.ideallyyou.ca/

If you sign up, you can access a swack of receipes. Sorry, not sure if it's usable for US residents.

I can confirm, the USA folks can sign up :)

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I think it is way more complicated than a calorie equation. I have had weeks of 100% phase 1 coupled eith up to 10 hours of high intensity exercise and have still not lost. Too many hormones are influencing us!

I"m sure it IS more complicated than that, I just found it interesting that we have anywhere from 1000-1500 less grams of carbs in our system than our "non IP" brethren do. In all reality, it is possible our bodies used those carbs for basic energy and etc. instead of tapping into the fat, which was why we had fat stores. It wouldn't be until there was a deficit of carbohydrates that the body would need the fat instead, and I agree hormones run wild. I estimate my walk and mowing of the lawn today will burn roughly 20 grams of fat and 20 grams of carbohydrates, obviously no where near a pound, but it's still a good feeling :)

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes. It is an interesting thought. I keep my carbs very low, even in maintenance. I never have endurance issues at the gym, so I guess my body is well adapted at burning ketones or fat. Way better than when it was burning carbs (or glycogen).
This has gotten me down to about 16% bodyfat. I can't seem to get lower, and am pretty muscular now.

LizRR
05-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Thank goodness for kalechips! I am starving, and waiting to take my son for a walk soon (too hot to go before 5:30). Just had my snack and want MORE...getting some water and waiting for them to bake up. Pesky TOM...hungries go away!

Dakin
05-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Greetings everyone!

I've been quiet the last few days, but have been reading all posts.

Welcome to all the newbies, congrats on all of the WI's and NSV's! IP Rocks!

I wore a dress to work today for the first time this year and got soooo many compliments - even my students noticed. I also brought munchkins in for a celebration for a portfolio project. One of my kiddos said to the the teaching assistant, 'Why did she bring in donuts?" TA: "To celebrate." Student: "Is she celebrating all the weight she lost? Because it doesn't make sense that she'd buy donuts for that." LOL so funny!

I WI tomorrow - first one in two weeks (jury duty made me miss last one). Anyway, I've don't know if I'll see a loss. Depending on the day, and time of day, on my home scale I'm fluctuating between where I was at last weigh in and 157 - still 100% OP. I'm going to tell my coach that I want to start to phase off for the summer according to Dr. George Blackburn's 'Set Point' theory article. I'm preparing myself for her to argue with me, (I'm only 80% to the goal she wanted, but 90% to my original goal).

Teden: Congrats on making the weigh in! Please keep us posted about what's happening with you and your deployment. I truly care.

USMCVET: What part of VT are you in? Also, you are my IP hero!

Cassie: Hope you figure out P3..((hugs))... Hope you can advise me when I get there.

Kat2500
05-15-2012, 06:11 PM

Good for you. I always like reading about each victory over temptation. It does make it easier for the rest of us to be strong.

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Wowzers, I'd be thrilled if I could just get my BMI down to a 20... I'd never dream of being able to go lower, not huge on working out intensely, I'm good with walking and riding bike, maybe jogging some day, but that'll be later :)

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm going to tell my coach that I want to start to phase off for the summer according to Dr. George Blackburn's 'Set Point' theory article. I'm preparing myself for her to argue with me, (I'm only 80% to the goal she wanted, but 90% to my original goal).

You read that article too? I thought it was super informative and made sense. It was on WebMD too, or a reference to it was. I'm gonna soldier thru the summer and not hopefully start phasing off until I hit goal (hopefully in 5 months...50 lbs, 5 months, sounds achievable)

paulimapi
05-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I swear that right now I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would enable me to eat a Milkyway bar without it doing anything to my weight loss haha

ferrousgal
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
WI#2, down to 208 for 8 lbs total for two weeks (technically 7.5 lbs going only by the Tues to Tues record). Unfortunately I've been at 208 deadsticked since Saturday. The big mongolian grill meal on Mothers Day probably didn't help, neither did the completely unexpected Chinese dinner with PILs yesterday where I chose cashew chicken. Even taking into account my not touching the rice, peas and carrots, the cashew chicken was probably 40-50g of carbs. Ugh. At least it's not a gain, so I guess I should be thankful for that. *sigh*

Made up some delish SF meringue cookies. Here's how I do them:

4 egg whites (no trace of broken egg yoke, otherwise it won't fluff)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2/3rds cup of baking Splenda
1 tsp lemon or other extract of choice

Place egg whites in bowl with cream of tartar. Use a mixer beater on gradually high speed to whip it to 4-5 times volume. Turn off beater, dump in sweetener and extract, beat at high speed to increase again 50-100% until the meringue is white and there are stiff peaks that don't droop once the beater is off. Preheat oven to 275F. Pipe meringue or spoon drop into small cookies on parchment. Meringue doesn't spread while cooking, so a one inch separation is fine. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn cookie sheet(s) around and bake another 20 minutes. They should be lightly browned.

CassiR
05-15-2012, 06:34 PM
As an obsessive exerciser I have to say the timing of your workouts and meals can have a huge impact on the hunger that results from exercise. If I work out in the evening, from 6-7 and have dinner after I am fine.
If I work out in the morning (usually 9-10) I have a shake before, but am then hungry after. Lunch it sometimes too far away, do those days I sometimes have an extra packet. But I remain hungrier all day!

I am LOVING it! The first time was more painful than exciting, yet still very fun and now the second time it's just plain fun and a great workout. I felt amazing after. The instructor went into the back and came back with a berry smoothie for me for free... I didn't want to make him feel bad so I had it. It was really good and he puts whey protein in it. I had already brought a RTD though so I had both. OOPS! Oh well. I'll be going both times they hold the class per week along with my normal workouts. On those days I won't do my strength circuits.
I'm following a pretty intense workout plan that involves a quick 20-30 min run or jog in the AM and then a strength circuit at any point during the day. It alternates between full body, lower body and upper body. I do it in the evenings after work. Normally I eat dinner before and then have my bar after the workout. I can tell that i'm going to stick with the workouts though.. I can feel myself getting firmer and more toned already! And I feel so energized the rest of the day. :dizzy:

CassiR
05-15-2012, 06:35 PM
You read that article too? I thought it was super informative and made sense. It was on WebMD too, or a reference to it was. I'm gonna soldier thru the summer and not hopefully start phasing off until I hit goal (hopefully in 5 months...50 lbs, 5 months, sounds achievable)

Can you link the article? Please :)

wendywendy
05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone....so excited!!!! Had my 3 week WI tonight....down 7.5 lbs for a total of 15.5lbs since starting IP on April 23rd!!! Thank you for such a great forum!!!!!xoxox

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I swear that right now I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would enable me to eat a Milkyway bar without it doing anything to my weight loss haha

Have you tried the Pure Protein bars? The peanut butter bar is Awesome. It is smaller than a candy bar but tastes just as good to me.

Dakin awesome news on the dress and the munkin noticing your weight loss over munchkins is priceless. Thanks for the sweet complement. :o

usmcvet
05-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Dakin. I live in Barre Town, Vermont. I grew up in Massachusetts on the North Shore Manchester, MA is where I went to H.S. where in MA are you?

Sewmam
05-15-2012, 07:34 PM

I'm gonna try that evening thing... I have always done what exercise I can first thing in the morning because after a long day of work, or whatever, I can make excuses to not do it. But I am crazy craving and woozy late morning. Is it better to do it before dinner or after?

this made me laugh....for me, it's a Snicker's bar... ;)

Made up some delish SF meringue cookies. Here's how I do them:

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

These sound great! But, doesn't the baking Splenda have sugar in it? I haven't bought it yet.

evepet
05-15-2012, 07:35 PM

Congratulations Teden. I know you were pretty stressed about this. And you passed by 9 lbs! Terrific.

It's been a very busy day, and I've not been able to check in earlier. I've been preoccupied with getting my container gardening in process... buying and amending the soil, etc., etc., and doing some planting, etc.,...as I took this day off (I arrange my own work schedule) to garden, I wanted to get as much done as possible. My 'busy-ness' has meant I have had little time to think about food, but I have eaten on protocol 100%. Just drinking some more water now to get up to where I should be by this point in the day.

I'm pooped (pleasantly so though) and think I'm going to enjoy a good soak in a bubble bath as a treat... my back didn't really appreciate all that lifting, bending, etc. today.

Cheers to everyone. Have a good evening.

P.S. WI # 7 tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that having no bars for the past few days will help get my # up a bit.

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I just had my two week WI and have lost almost 8 lbs. I have a "coach", but am literally doing it by myself and with the help of this forum. Not happy with my "coach" and was considering changing, but another person who sells IP told me that if I do change, it WOULD cost another consultation fee. There is no feedback, empathy, comprehension or explaining at my WI. If the food is 100% markup, sadly, this explains why some "coaches" are selling it. Sorry for being negative, but this is the truth in my experience.
You need to contact IP through the website and let them know which clinic you go too. Let them know how you are treated and such. Ask them about the fee, I know at my clinic you do not have to pay for it a second time if you switch. Where in La are you?

Congrats on a job well done. That is less stress on you now I know that for sure. The military always has had some crazy Weight limits but I am glad you passed with flying colors!!

yaaaaaay! good luck to you
UMMMM ...we are in the middle of May Missy, where is your updated picture????....lol

You can find all of the different phases in the Sticky's. There are lots of people here who do it on their own and come here for support, encouraging words, advice and what have you. You are NEVER alone, you are part of an extended family here no matter where you are and if you are doing IP products or alternatives. We all will chip in and help you out, all you have to do it ask, be accountable in the daily threads if you want or ask someone to be your "coach" so that you can report to them. I have a few people that message me or email me with their weekly WI's. YOU CAN DO THIS...there is a ton of information here that is for sure.

Hey y'all, I "dressed" up today to go to work. Usually its just a polo shirt and black slacks, well today I put on a nice top, that is the ONLY thing I changed and everyone was WOW'ing me....it was quiet funny but I was loving every minute of it. Passengers who fly on our flights on a regular basis that I haven't seen in a while were in awe. It was nice to see them and they were so proud of me. Its good to have connections all over, this group came from St Petersburg FL and some say they are going to look into the program there. So you never know when you may help change someone's life for the better....Gotta LOVE IP!

WingnutandMe
05-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi all,

Just finished reading today's posts. Lots of good news. Helps some to cheer me up.

My day at work was HORRIBLE. I'm totally convinced that stress will make you starved. I'm always hungry at work in the mornings. No matter what I have (shake, oatmeal, bar, etc.). I can eat the same at home on the weekends and never be hungry. But, with today, and all the stress, I was starved all day.

Anyway, I can sum up my day with comedian Ron White's quote, "you can't fix stupid."

To help, I was hoping for some quality time with DH since this is his day off. But, he was asleep when I got home at 5:30 and now it's not even dark outside yet, 8:20, and he's gone back to bed. Sort of the "icing on the cake" for today.

Thanks for letting me vent. Normally, by now I would have eaten 5 lbs of chocolate and then come home and eaten a whole pizza. Thank goodness for IP.

Maybe I'll just go to bed myself. But, not until after my rhubarb crisp.
Molly

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

Just finished reading today's posts. Lots of good news. Helps some to cheer me up.

My day at work was HORRIBLE. I'm totally convinced that stress will make you starved. I'm always hungry at work in the mornings. No matter what I have (shake, oatmeal, bar, etc.). I can eat the same at home on the weekends and never be hungry. But, with today, and all the stress, I was starved all day.

Anyway, I can sum up my day with comedian Ron White's quote, "you can't fix stupid."

To help, I was hoping for some quality time with DH since this is his day off. But, he was asleep when I got home at 5:30 and now it's not even dark outside yet, 8:20, and he's gone back to bed. Sort of the "icing on the cake" for today.

Thanks for letting me vent. Normally, by now I would have eaten 5 lbs of chocolate and then come home and eaten a whole pizza. Thank goodness for IP.

Maybe I'll just go to bed myself. But, not until after my rhubarb crisp.
Molly
Sorry you are having a bad day Molly :hug: its almost over then you get to do it all over again tomorrow but BETTER!!!. I am the opposite of you when I am having a bad day I am not hungry and sometimes forget to eat....guess its cuz I drink so much water....

WingnutandMe
05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry you are having a bad day Molly :hug: its almost over then you get to do it all over again tomorrow but BETTER!!!. I am the opposite of you when I am having a bad day I am not hungry and sometimes forget to eat....guess its cuz I drink so much water....

Thanks, Wuv,

I had lots of water today, but nothing seemed to help.

Yep, get to do it all over tomorrow. Don't know about better. I left an email in my inbox to address tomorrow first thing. Someone doing it "their way" and not thinking about how it affects the other guy. Spent two hours earlier helping the other guy and analyzing what got them there and how to fix it. Now, tomorrow, I'll spend forever convincing this person they are affecting others and need to change. Doesn't seem like they care. It's just the "it's all about me" attitude.

Guess I need to get offline and stop venting. Even the rhubarb crisp isn't doing the trick.

Love you all,
Thanks, Molly

atho128
05-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Do most people follow the new mandatory 8 oz protein for dinner?? I just had 8 oz of chicken, and am so stuffed its uncomfortable (who know I would ever end up feeling stuffed from baked chicken and veggies haha)

Chloe222
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
NSV for me this morning.

I have been hungry most of the morning. I looked at the clock around 930 and was thinking about lunch! I am learning to better deal with "being hungry" it's not the screaming I NEED TO EAT NOW!
I'm with you - by being on IP 100%, I'm learning not to give into my body screaming "I want to eat now!!". Its really good - relearning not to snack so much.

I'm struggling a little bit. With phase 3, I've started doing some intense exercise. I run for about 20-30 minutes in the morning and then do a strength circuit in the evenings. Some days I have an extra packet but really it's not needed with being out of ketosis. This morning I woke up STARVING. I think my body really did need that extra packet last night.
I spend so much time punishing myself for wanting more when maybe my body really needs more? Why should I feel guilty over something I never ate, but wanted to?

Cassie,
I think we are still in ketosis in phase 3...and the bedtime snack is required still...but you have me wondering, maybe I'm wrong...I'm still losing on phase 3 and have a bedtime snack.

Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

My DD is going to cut and color my hair this afternoon. :) You look WONDERFUL!!

Sounds like you are not emotionally prepared for reaching your goal and being so close scares you on a subconscious level, thus sabotaging yourself. Just a thought, how about changing your goal? Move it down 5 pounds and see what happens? It might change things. Just a thought.

Cadu
05-15-2012, 09:03 PM
UMMMM ...we are in the middle of May Missy, where is your updated picture????....lol

LOL, ok ok I agree I do need a new May avatar Pic. I will get right on it! HAhahahahahaha

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Made up some delish SF meringue cookies.

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Place egg whites in bowl with cream of tartar. Use a mixer beater on gradually high speed to whip it to 4-5 times volume. Turn off beater, dump in sweetener and extract, beat at high speed to increase again 50-100% until the meringue is white and there are stiff peaks that don't droop once the beater is off. Preheat oven to 275F. Pipe meringue or spoon drop into small cookies on parchment. Meringue doesn't spread while cooking, so a one inch separation is fine. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn cookie sheet(s) around and bake another 20 minutes. They should be lightly browned.
Thanks, stole the recipe and will definitely make them this weekend :) um, how many can I have before they drift into the "restricted" category? I'm really thinking I need something seriously sweet to kick this craving issue I've been having.

Link! (http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight?bookmark=true&login=true) Here you go :)

Hi everyone....so excited!!!! Had my 3 week WI tonight....down 7.5 lbs for a total of 15.5lbs since starting IP on April 23rd!!! Thank you for such a great forum!!!!!xoxox
Hey we started the same day! Great job and you are kickin' my tail! :)

Molly,
I'm sorry your day was sucky :( Some times it seems the world just can't help itself and needs to kick us while we're down. I hope you feel better tomorrow, and good job for not caving in while you were starving, I think I might have caved in your position.

~~ As for me... I no longer feel guilty for semi-cheating yesterday by eating unknown substance green bean casserole and huhot last night (even though I only used low carb sauces) I walked 2.22 miles at lunch and held to my guns and mowed the lawn when I got home. DH ordered Steakout for dinner so I didn't have to cook (just because I don't cook one night doesn't mean he'll end up cooking). So I ate a 9 ounce ribeye, minus all the fat (probably end up about 7-8oz) and they gave me steamed veggies instead of a baked potato, actually ended up being with a baked potato also, but that's safely tucked into the fridge for DH's lunch tomorrow. I'm hoping me working so hard physically today helps me get back on track for this week. I was so miserable mowing (hate hate hate mowing) that I actually stopped feeling guilty for last night, so that's a bit of a silver lining. I'll check back later :)
~Kara

Beanie Mommy
05-15-2012, 09:12 PM

Lol - I've considered making that same deal for some cheesecake ;)

Let's hold on to our little deprived souls until we get a real legal fun day in P4.

Sonyasbug
05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Happy Tuesday!! WI #5 was today and down 3.2. TOM came a week early and I was so happy to see a lost bc I have been feeling campy and bloated. Yuck. I want to say a big thank you to this forum. My DH has been working in key west for some time ( on and off for two years, mostly on) and finding continued support can be difficult. Emotionally I feel completely supported just through reading everyone's continued success and occasional trials. Week #6, I'm ready for you.

Chloe222
05-15-2012, 09:23 PM

I would love to have the new sheet. Would someone post it on the Daily Thread in the next day or two? Thank you!

I hope everyone has a splendid day!! ;)
AuroraGirl, That's EXCELLENT advice!

I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went. I am truly so happy for you.

Kaypix,
I appreciate your math, your research, your detail. Very enlightening. Thanks!!

Dakin
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight

Cassi, I hope this works!

Kaypix
Kaypix,
I appreciate your math, your research, your detail. Very enlightening. Thanks!!

I could be totally wrong about how we burn it or whatever, but when I saw the numbers they kind of made me happy...Thanks for the compliment though :) Sometimes my nerd-dom is problematic.

Darralyn
Hello all!

I had someone at work take a new picture today but I don't know how to download it and keep the old one.
The old picture was at least 25 lbs ago; this new one is not a very good shot. Oh well...I guess it shows that I am smaller and that is what it's for.

Hope everyone had a great OP day today!!

Dakin
05-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Dakin. where in MA are you?

USMC:Vet, I'm just outside of Leominster in central MA, but my sister lives in Lunenburg, VT. I'm thinking about speeding through your town this summer so you can stop me and we'll get to say "hello" in person. lol

Actually, I wouldn't go out of my way to get pulled over. I can't promise that I never speed tho.... :sssh:

NewPath
05-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Good evening IPeeps!

As a newbie, I have to start by saying that I have been feeling like a "leach". Since day one, I have been faithfully going to 3FatChicks IP for advise, understanding, and most importantly, inspiration. Thank you to all for your daily "ears" and "nudges" to go on!

Now that I am over a month new, I want to share some things that will help those few peeps who are newer than me.

1. I love this way of life.
2. I was VERY miserable my first 8 days...yup.
3. I experienced unnerving hunger, moodiness, light-headedness and weakness........foover three weeks. Finally, I talked to my coach.
4. I suffered only until my coach told me what I needed to add to my day. (YES, ask you coach if you are having problems...they know!!!!!}
5. After 4 relatively easy weeks, I am 23 lbs lighter and well on my way to my goal!
6. I now have to remember to eat and get in my daily requirements.
7. I am so thankful for the wishdom shared by the "troopers" amoung us who have "been there and done that".
8. I can honestly admit, that on stressful days, my mental/corperate tolerance is VERY low...especially by 4:00. The mornings are fabulous.....by 2:30,however, watch out.
(I think that my body and mind are just simply responding to the sudden change in my diet and unavailability of comfort food and drinks : )
9. I can see, smell and feel a thin and healthy future with vibrance.
10. I love what I have changed, I love where I am going, and cannot wait to see what I will become!!!!!

willsmashfat
05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Teden - I am sooo proud of you for making weigh in (and then some!). I really feel for how conflicted you are over going back to work and leaving your family. I hope you know that we all appreciate your service (even those of us in Canada!) and dedication. Good luck with the next phase!

Cassi and Sewmam - thank you for sharing that there are challenges even in the later phases. It shows how important it is to make these changes a way of life.

Molly - I just made your rhubarn crisp recipe and am waiting for it to cool so I can try it out.

My weigh in today showed a 1lb loss - but at least I am back to losing after 2 weeks of staying the same. Can someone please give the Whoosh Fairy directions to Canada?! ;)

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

You look WONDERFUL!!

1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

Kaypix
05-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Hello all!

I had someone at work take a new picture today but I don't know how to download it and keep the old one.
The old picture was at least 25 lbs ago; this new one is not a very good shot. Oh well...I guess it shows that I am smaller and that is what it's for.

I use Microsoft Word, and this might be a bit of a "meh" kind of thing, but if you just open a paint file and paste each picture (insert the pictures into word and then copy) in the screen, then make the screen bigger and insert the next, and save it. Next step, upload to photobucket, resize the image to something more manageable and voila, you have the link right there so you can put it on your signature, or just use the one you made in paint and use it as a profile picture :)

Stefany1769
05-15-2012, 11:31 PM

Oh skinnyminny26, that is horrible! I watched my mom go through this right before being diagnosed with cancer. I know there isn't anything I can do to help, but I hope you get better quick! :hug:

Teden
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
You all left so many supportive comments...I just want you all to know that your support is so appreciated :) And to all that have been keeping my family (especially my babies) in their thoughts as I am now getting ready to deploy- I truly thank you. As I start the next phase and get ready to go, I will definitely remain in the forum!!!

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Whoa - tonight everything hit - I want to cry, feel completely overwhelmed and want to snack.

I don't know why - everything went good today and stayed OP. Got my daughter's graduation this Saturday and not lots of help to get ready - but I knew that so I don't think that's it.

My daughter's band concert was tonight and she got ice cream after - mmmmmm i could have drooled - just hungry I guess.

Think I'll just go to bed - that may help. :)

DanafromAustin
05-16-2012, 12:46 AM
You all left so many supportive comments...I just want you all to know that your support is so appreciated :) And to all that have been keeping my family (especially my babies) in their thoughts as I am now getting ready to deploy- I truly thank you. As I start the next phase and get ready to go, I will definitely remain in the forum!!!
I wish for you and your family only the best, and I hope your journey is a safe one. Thank you for all that you do for our country. :hug:

ferrousgal
05-16-2012, 02:15 AM
These sound great! But, doesn't the baking Splenda have sugar in it? I haven't bought it yet.

Nope, baking Splenda is just Splenda that's puffed in size to measure the same as white sugar. You're probably thinking of the brown sugar baking Splenda. That's about half brown sugar/half Splenda. I don't bother with it.

ferrousgal
05-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Thanks, stole the recipe and will definitely make them this weekend :) um, how many can I have before they drift into the "restricted" category? I'm really thinking I need something seriously sweet to kick this craving issue I've been having.

Sorry, no idea. I made up 24 cookies and it was the ingredients I listed there. I've personally munched through about a third today which is probably more Splenda than IP recommends, but I've been having my own sweet cravings too. You can eat meringue raw if you don't have personal concerns that way, I used to eat up fresh whipped meringue as a kid with my mom a lot. I do know it's not recommended to use the egg beaters either because they are pasteurized or the company can't guarantee there's no trace of yolk.

Cadu
05-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Hello all!

Darralyn i can do it for you in a graphic editor if you want, I already downloaded the old pic from your profile, upload the new pic in your profile so it will be bigger so i can download that one too.

edit: or better yet, I will pm you my email address and you can email the new pic.

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Nope, baking Splenda is just Splenda that's puffed in size to measure the same as white sugar. You're probably thinking of the brown sugar baking Splenda. That's about half brown sugar/half Splenda. I don't bother with it.

oh...that's a relief - I'm going grocery shopping today!!!

Thanks!

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Good evening IPeeps!

As a newbie, I have to start by saying that I have been feeling like a "leach". Since day one, I have been faithfully going to 3FatChicks IP for advise, understanding, and most importantly, inspiration. Thank you to all for your daily "ears" and "nudges" to go on!

Now that I am over a month new, I want to share some things that will help those few peeps who are newer than me.

I LOVE your enthusiasm and openness to the process! Good for you and good luck! You'll get there! :carrot:

re. Dr. Blackburn's 'Set Point' approach...Now I'm wondering...I lost a whole lot of weight over 15 months or so, so does that mean I'm destined to gain it all back? I was hoping that because of the length of time it took to do it, the change was permanent. Of course, I'll always be vigilant and do what it takes to stay fit, but I don't know whether to be happy or worried by his approach???

Hi all,

Vent away, dear Molly. Hope you feel better today... :hug:

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 08:54 AM

God bless you and thank you for your service to our country! I will have you in my prayers! :hug:

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM

okay, I just got a package of Splenda that says it is good for baking, but this stuff has maltodextrin as the first ingredient. It is an anticaking agent, and while not technically sugar, your body does perceive it as sugar and it will raise your blood sugar levels. So you might want to limit how many of these cookies you have... unless you found a different Splenda than I did.

ferrousgal
05-16-2012, 07:16 PM
okay, I just got a package of Splenda that says it is good for baking, but this stuff has maltodextrin as the first ingredient. It is an anticaking agent, and while not technically sugar, your body does perceive it as sugar and it will raise your blood sugar levels. So you might want to limit how many of these cookies you have... unless you found a different Splenda than I did.

Even the packets you put in coffee have the maltodextrin in them. I just checked to make sure.

Sewmam
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Even the packets you put in coffee have the maltodextrin in them. I just checked to make sure.

yep...all the powdered sweeteners have it...I'm just saying to watch out for it -
I think my phase 1 stuff said to avoid it... you might want to check with your coach just in case...

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Sewmam plz close this thread..thanks

Sewmam
05-17-2012, 07:30 AM
oops...I forgot I was the one who started this thread! sorry...