Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Default Need support help!!

Hey... I'm new to this. Found this site by accident and I think I will love it. A little bit about myself.... Married with 2 grown boys. 51 years old. Been overweight all of my married years...28 years. Yo yo diets. Started then lost then quit and gained back what I lost and more. I love food. Emotional eater. I started at 281. High blood pressure medicine and high colostrol medicine. My sugar was borderline high. Started taking diet pills subscribed by my doctor. Lost 38 lbs and had lots of hair loss. Quit taking the diet pills and regained about 20 lbs back. I then heard of a person who had lost 100 lbs on dukan diet. It's high protein and I love meat so thought I'd give it a try. I love this diet. Very happy. The thing that surprised me was the loss of food cravings. I always heard that the more fat carbs sugar you took in the more you wanted. I believe it now. When I started dukan I was 258 lbs now I'm 227.50 and down to 20 pants size from. 26 pants size. It's exciting to have this lost but I am always scared that at any moment I will quit. I seem to have reached a plateau. Hopefully you guys out there will be my support.
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

You are doing great! I think we all hit a stall at some point or another for varying amounts of time. What has kept me going is that I constantly remind myself of how misterable I was even just 20 pounds ago. It gets better every day but I still have a ways to go. It does get daunting, discouraging, frustrating! But I pick losing weight as my hard (being fat is hard, losing weight is hard, pick your hard). I will NEVER regret the days I workout, or the days I choose to eat well, but I almost always regret the days I didn't workout and the days I overate becaue it makes me feel like crap. That's what keeps me going every single day.

You will find loads of support here!

Welcome and keep going!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #3  

Thanks for your encouraging words. The only thing that keeps me going is that I'm working out and it might be inches instead of lbs. I have exercised more in these last 3 months than my whole life. I bought an indoor mini trampoline and I jog on it. At this weight I would never be able to jog outdoors. Thanks again. Your words are so true..
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I agree: just keep going!!! Everyone hits plateaus and stalls. You are probably still losing inches & sizes -- all those NSV's (non-scale victories) still count as losses. Jogging on a trampoline sounds like fun too, and is probably a lot easier on the joints.

BTW, your story is very familiar; so similar to mine and many others, but you can win this battle, you really can ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome! I hope you find all the support you need in here. Our stories are similar except I'm 10 years older than you. I wasn't heavy as a child or young adult, but when it started piling on in my mid 30s, there was no stopping it.

I got tons and tons of encouragement last year when I was losing. Just keep at it and the pounds will start to come off again. I wish I had measured from the very start. It was hard enough to realize I weighed over 250 pounds. I didn't think I could handle the measurements. Now I wish I had. My only reference was a pair of slacks that fit like a second skin at my heaviest. I measured the waist and hips of the pants before I gave them away, so that's the best estimate I have of those 2 measurements.

I went from a 24 to a 12 last year. Stalls happened, though not too often. I just kept the memory of how big those old pants were in my head and that helped me stay on plan. I just reduced cards, sugars, and fats, and stayed under about 1500 calories. No set plan like WW or Dukan. An acquaintance at work did Dukan last year with great results. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #6  

Thank you guys. Just what I needed. I want to keep going forward. I have never wanted this more than I do now. When I look down the road and see that I have 100lbs to lose it was so intimidating. I'm not looking at the 100 lbs as much as I'm looking at pants size. Doctor took me off half of blood pressure and colostrol medicine and hoping to get off of them all together.