Ideal Protein Diet - 19 year old son- starting with alternatives...

Pamelama
05-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

EAS low carb drinks 2-3 a day
Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
8 oz lean protein a day
2 cups IP veggies, olive oil, lettuce

Because he is a big kid, I'm thinking 3-4 protein products a day.

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam

paulimapi
05-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Good luck to him! I'm 19 as well and doing IP but the normal one, not alternative, but those sound good.

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
He needs 4 cups of veggies not only 2. You may have to make him have 4 packets a day. breakfast, lunch(bar), snack and another snack at night. Their bodies work faster than ours. I am waiting for my 20 yr old to decide when he wants to start. He has already asked me but said he wanted one week to eat what his heart out as he puts it then start. So I will be right there with you. He is 6ft 350lbs

Cadu
05-14-2012, 12:59 PM
As Wuv mentioned he needs the 4 cups of veggies. My son started on aleternatives 11 days ago and has lost 16 pounds allready. He is 21 about 5'10" and weighed 318. I go to nashuanutrition.com and get the foods for him there, they are relatively inexpensive as compared to IP. He does eat my IP SW cheese curls though.

Here is the stuff he likes:
protidiet blueberry pancakes - unrestrictive
Protidiet vanilla pudding - unrestrictive
ProtiThin - chocolate soy balls- restricitve
Protithin pizza - restrictive
Protidiet bacon & cheese omelett - unrestricitve
EAS RTD shakes- unrestricitve
and of course my IP SW cheese curls.

He has been only eatng the 3 packets a day (along with meat, veggies, oil & salt).. maybe I should have him eat another unrestricted for snack

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I LOVE the fact that our boys want to follow in our foot steps and become healthy. They see how happy we are now and want to be happy as well....I am loving this!

We can help our boys be more confident with themselves by teaching them that it can be done....We can do this!

Cadu
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Wuv
I told my son that maybe he should be eating the 4th packet everyday. He said he wants to stay with 3 unless he feels he needs it then he will have it. Do you think this is ok? or should he have the extra packet everyday? what do you think?

Also I agree with your statement.. I LOVE that our boys want to get healthy and as a momma it sure does feel good to be his role model.

Edit to add: BTW Wuv.. Look at your new pic!!!! gorgeous.

Pamelama
05-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the input. You both look amazing! I need to post my "after" pic too. I don't know if my son would like this website (too many women lol) but maybe at some point they could support each other?? Or, we'll just post their successes/challenges :)

BTW. I knew it was 4 cups of veggies per day. I was thinking per meal @ the time. ;)

evepet
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Wuv
I told my son that maybe he should be eating the 4th packet everyday. He said he wants to stay with 3 unless he feels he needs it then he will have it. Do you think this is ok? or should he have the extra packet everyday? what do you think?

Also I agree with your statement.. I LOVE that our boys want to get healthy and as a momma it sure does feel good to be his role model.

Compared to you and Wuv, I'm a relative newbie so I will definitely 'bow' to the combined recommendations of you and Wuv for Pamelama's son. I'm adding this here, because I answered her post in today's Daily Chat, suggesting imo that an active teen at his height/weight should be on 4 protein packets/day. And also that imo it would be quite acceptable in the early stages of things for him to have a 5th if he felt he needed it. I know my coach said that was ok for me during my first week. All along I've been on 4/packs (now alternatives) per day, rather than the 3/day as so many of you are... and while I never use a 5th now, there were a couple of days during my first week when I did.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Compared to you and Wuv, I'm a relative newbie so I will definitely 'bow' to the combined recommendations of you and Wuv for Pamelama's son. I'm adding this here, because I answered her post in today's Daily Chat, suggesting imo that an active teen at his height/weight should be on 4 protein packets/day. And also that imo it would be quite acceptable in the early stages of things for him to have a 5th if he felt he needed it. I know my coach said that was ok for me during my first week. All along I've been on 4/packs (now alternatives) per day, rather than the 3/day as so many of you are... and while I never use a 5th now, there were a couple of days during my first week when I did.

thanks for the input Eve. I am thinking I am gonna make him have the 4th packet as he is younger, more active and male. I would hate for his body to go into starvation mode. Or even worse do any harm to his body.

evepet
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Pamelama, "The Simply Bar' is another good protein bar that is gluten free. I use it, and several others here are as well.

Here's a link that directs to a page that tells you all about them:

http://www.wellnessfoods.ca/

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Wuv

Edit to add: BTW Wuv.. Look at your new pic!!!! gorgeous.

Thanks!.....I have a couple of questions for you.....
1. Was he a junk eater?
2. Did he eat a lot of food when he ate meals?
3. Was he a snacker?
4. Does he play sports of any kind?

redhead14
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
If your sons ideal weight is 200 or above he needs 4pks so that he protects his lean muscle.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks!.....I have a couple of questions for you.....
1. Was he a junk eater?
2. Did he eat a lot of food when he ate meals?
3. Was he a snacker?
4. Does he play sports of any kind?

1. yes big time junk eater & fast food junky
2. yes
3. yes
4. no sports but he does walk allot for his part time job.

He says most days he isnt hungry with the 3 packets.
Thanks for your help

If your sons ideal weight is 200 or above he needs 4pks so that he protects his lean muscle.
Thanks. he wants to be 180 - 200

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
1. yes big time junk eater & fast food junky
2. yes
3. yes
4. no sports but he does walk allot for his part time job.

He says most days he isnt hungry with the 3 packets.
Thanks for your help

Thanks. he wants to be 180 - 200
He will go into starvation mode if he doesn't have the 4 packets. His body is used of eating" JUNK" so it needs to be fed. This is how I am planning on doing my son's....
Breakfast shake
Lunch bar
Snack shake
dinner protein
snack shake
He is starting a job this week so I may have to play around with his snack. He will have to be at work for 6am so he might be getting the snack earlier in the morning. Will have to play around with it.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 06:14 PM
That sounds like a great plan.. OK he will be "forced" to eat the extra packet between lunch & dinner.. Imagine being forced to eat extra.. what shame .. hahaha
Thanks for all your help. Let me know how your son does.

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 06:21 PM
That sounds like a great plan.. OK he will be "forced" to eat the extra packet between lunch & dinner.. Imagine being forced to eat extra.. what shame .. hahaha
Thanks for all your help. Let me know how your son does.

Tell him what redhead said about his lean muscles, you know he won't wanna lose those things!....lol

usmcvet
05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
It is wonderful that your boys want to follow the healthy example you've set for them. The full 4 cups of veggies will help. I vote for the 4th packet too. My coach told me 5 to start and up to 7 if I needed. I'm much heavier but I would think 4 packets is a must. Also remember it's so much better for them to have the extra packet, or even two than to have a candy bar, slice of pizza, bag of chips........

Nashua Nutrition has been a great source for me too. Some of the food does not compare and some is exactly the same I know the chocolate syo puffs are.

donna1104
05-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Wuv you look wonderful! As far as alternatives go, do you have any knowledge of new diet lifestyle products?

wuv2bloved
05-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Wuv you look wonderful! As far as alternatives go, do you have any knowledge of new diet lifestyle products?

Thank you, I do not but you might want to check the alternative's thread. I am sure there are some that would know more about it.

JellyMae87
05-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the input. You both look amazing! I need to post my "after" pic too. I don't know if my son would like this website (too many women lol) but maybe at some point they could support each other?? Or, we'll just post their successes/challenges :)

BTW. I knew it was 4 cups of veggies per day. I was thinking per meal @ the time. ;)

What you mean too many women... I freaking gorgeous!!! LOL I'm kidding!

I don't know anything about these either. But their mean plans are pretty close to IP...

Cadu
05-21-2012, 06:31 AM
So Last thursday my son had weighed in and lost another 4 pounds. for a total of 18 pounds lost in 2 weeks. I did put him on the 4 packets for this week so we will see how that works out for him this Thursday. He found out last night that his GF (that just broke up with him 2 weeks ago after almost 5 years of dating) is going out with one of his good friends, he was so upset last night, I really hope he doesnt start eating emotionally since he is so early on the the program. I just keep on talking to him about how important this is for his health...(and also let her eat her heart out when he is looking his best) I just pray he stays OP.

swerdna59
05-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Awwww...so sorry about your son's ex now dating one of his good friends, that stinks! Weird timing that's for sure.

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 12:22 PM
That is what happens when you have a set of close friends. That was something I always told my boys, don't date a friends ex, will cause drama. He has to be strong through this, he can make it. Tell him to connect the Wii and do some Wii fit and do the boxing its kicks butt!....lol...Will be praying for him to come through this. Tell him Congrats on the 18lbs in 2 weeks, he is rocking this like USCM!

Cadu
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
That is what happens when you have a set of close friends. That was something I always told my boys, don't date a friends ex, will cause drama. He has to be strong through this, he can make it. Tell him to connect the Wii and do some Wii fit and do the boxing its kicks butt!....lol...Will be praying for him to come through this. Tell him Congrats on the 18lbs in 2 weeks, he is rocking this like USCM!

Thanks Lisa

He is still OP whooo hoooooo, he really needs this and he knows it.

JellyMae87
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Cadu... If needed you can have your son text me... I can try to keep him distracted!! LOL ...

I tried to do it with Wuv's son... it only lasted a month or so... LOL

wuv2bloved
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Cadu... If needed you can have your son text me... I can try to keep him distracted!! LOL ...

Steven's head is wrapped around PHYS CO in TX....GRRRRRRR

DanafromAustin
05-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi,

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
8 oz lean protein a day

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam

Pam, I just wanted to add that your new profile pic is beautifu; you look great! Best of luck to your son.

Cadu
05-22-2012, 06:35 AM

LOL Jelly... You may disract him tooo much, you are looking so gorgeous. :hug:

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
So Last thursday my son had weighed in and lost another 4 pounds. for a total of 18 pounds lost in 2 weeks. I did put him on the 4 packets for this week so we will see how that works out for him this Thursday. He found out last night that his GF (that just broke up with him 2 weeks ago after almost 5 years of dating) is going out with one of his good friends, he was so upset last night, I really hope he doesnt start eating emotionally since he is so early on the the program. I just keep on talking to him about how important this is for his health...(and also let her eat her heart out when he is looking his best) I just pray he stays OP.

The weight loss is Awesome news. I'm really proud of him and of you for setting such a positive example for him.

The girlfriend issue hurts but he will be stronger for it in the long rung. I know it doesn't make it feel any better to hear it but he will be a stronger man and he is learning so much about himself now with his weight loss he will be physically stronger and so much healthier. His self confidence will continue to grow with his WL and he will find someone nice when he is ready. If they just split after 5 years I would think he needs some breathing room anyway.

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 07:31 AM

I just saw your ticker. +130 lost is so freaking Awesome! And totally inspiring.

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
I just saw your ticker. +130 lost is so freaking Awesome! And totally inspiring.

Jelly and I have had a bond from day one of when she started. She is like a daughter that I don't have, I think we exchanged numbers the first day or so after she started. She has done an amazing job even with all of her struggles and 2am texts...lol....but I would answer her no matter what time because I knew she needed me.

I don't think my son is going to get on the program. I cooked red beans and rice last night for my 2 boys. 2 cups of rice and 1/2 of red beans, lets just say he said "mom that is all the rice you cooked?" I said "yea that is 2 cups Brandon, that is plenty for the 2 of you" he said "MOM, fat boy is hungry and needs more rice." I told him...."fat boy will starve then"...haha....needless to say he didn't eat no more.....lol

JellyMae87
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM

Thanks... I wouldnt have been here if it wasn't for Wuv... its definely been a journey... its been slow going lately! but something is better than nothing!

LOL Jelly... You may disract him tooo much, you are looking so gorgeous. :hug:

I'll bee a good influence... he's still a baby!!

Jelly and I have had a bond from day one of when she started. She is like a daughter that I don't have, I think we exchanged numbers the first day or so after she started. She has done an amazing job even with all of her struggles and 2am texts...lol....but I would answer her no matter what time because I knew she needed me.

I don't think my son is going to get on the program. I cooked red beans and rice last night for my 2 boys. 2 cups of rice and 1/2 of red beans, lets just say he said "mom that is all the rice you cooked?" I said "yea that is 2 cups Brandon, that is plenty for the 2 of you" he said "MOM, fat boy is hungry and needs more rice." I told him...."fat boy will starve then"...haha....needless to say he didn't eat no more.....lol

MUHAHAHA.... I even chucled out loud at this one...

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM

As you know it is hard to cut the carbs. I poured my 4 year old a bowl of Cheerios last week and looked at it for a long moment.:mad: I really wanted to eat a bowl or two. Funny I poured her a bowl of a fruity pebbles yesterday and did not want any. Cheerios was a comfort food for me as a little guy. It is probably one of the first foods I could get for myself.

usmcvet
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks... I wouldnt have been here if it wasn't for Wuv... its definely been a journey... its been slow going lately! but something is better than nothing!

BOTH of you are "IP Rock Stars" your WL is Absolutely Amazing.:carrot:

JellyMae87
05-22-2012, 12:54 PM
As you know it is hard to cut the carbs. I poured my 4 year old a bowl of Cheerios last week and looked at it for a long moment.:mad: I really wanted to eat a bowl or two. Funny I poured her a bowl of a fruity pebbles yesterday and did not want any. Cheerios was a comfort food for me as a little guy. It is probably one of the first foods I could get for myself.

I am guilty of sniffing foods that i can not have... ill open it just to smell it, Then feed it to everyone else... Then it often makes me feel better when i see others eat CRAP!!

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I figured you would and I wouldn't change anything for the world. I am glad that we have found each other because we have become LONG lifetime friends....well You will out live me but hey I'll be there til the end :) which is a LONG LONG time from now....hahaha

Cheerios and cornflakes those are my 2 most favorite cereals, I can understand how you felt.

Jelly, when I go somewhere with the boys to eat, I always tell them let me see it....smell it then give it back....lol....they are like mom you are weird....hahaha

Cadu
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Jelly, when I go somewhere with the boys to eat, I always tell them let me see it....smell it then give it back....lol....they are like mom you are weird....hahaha

HA I do the same thing I sniff the kids foods that I cant have... they just roll their eyes.

Longhorn Energy
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM

Haha it Life cereal for me...been eating it since a kid too. It hasnt been too hard to live without and of course I know I will get to have some one day again, but for now, cucumbers lol

Vet...awesome work buddy! Just now realized what you have lost, and saw the pics you posted. Keep up the fantastic work. I love seeing and hearing about the success stories. Keeps my motivated...:carrot:

wuv2bloved
05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
OMG!!...CADU....LOOK at YOU.....WOW......LOVE LOVE LOVE the cut!!!....you look amazing!

Cadu
05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
OMG!!...CADU....LOOK at YOU.....WOW......LOVE LOVE LOVE the cut!!!....you look amazing!

awwwwwwwwwww thanks wuv :hug:

Pamelama
05-22-2012, 11:48 PM
My son had his first "WI" today and lost 7.8 lbs this week! :carrot: He was very happy, spent most of the week marveling at how he wasn't hungry and he had to keep eating. He hasn't needed or wanted the 4 th packet, but we're workin on getting it in this week.

Cadu
05-23-2012, 05:55 AM
YES! Good for him. that is such great news.

I am making my son use the 4th packet.. The hardest part is getting him to eat all 4 cups of veggies. But I must admit he is really working with me and not giving me much resistence.

wuv2bloved
05-23-2012, 05:53 PM
PSSSSSSSS......I'm going to say this softly.....Brandon said he wants to start the program TOMORROW!!!!.....WOOHOOO!!!!!!.....he said but I have to cheat mom...I said H*LL NO....he said but mom you don't understand I need alcohol...lol....he will be fine...i hope!

Cadu
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM
PSSSSSSSS......I'm going to say this softly.....Brandon said he wants to start the program TOMORROW!!!!.....WOOHOOO!!!!!!.....he said but I have to cheat mom...I said H*LL NO....he said but mom you don't understand I need alcohol...lol....he will be fine...i hope!

YAAAAAAAY Good for him. He can have alcohol later. Once he sees the progress and how easy it is he is going to want to stick to it.

Spercy55
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
WOW you ladies are ALL amazing!!!!!!! i love reading your posts!!!!

Sheila

JellyMae87
05-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Yayy. For the boys... I noticed there was a new thread for men today... Tell them to get on here...

usmcvet
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Go Brandon!

I only miss beer once or twice a week. For me it's totally worth it. It will save him miney and he can be the DD!

Cadu
05-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Yayy. For the boys... I noticed there was a new thread for men today... Tell them to get on here...

I was thinking of telling my Tommy to get on here but then i cant talk about him or my peeps anymore, where will I vent. hahahahahaha

Actually I am gonna tell him to join, the inspiration on here is so valuable he can only benefit from it.

wuv2bloved
05-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I was thinking of telling my Tommy to get on here but then i cant talk about him or my peeps anymore, where will I vent. hahahahahaha

Actually I am gonna tell him to join, the inspiration on here is so valuable he can only benefit from it.

He might get addicted as well....hope y'all don't share the computer....lol...my boys tell me all the time...MOM you are ADDICTED to that site! I tell them so, its FREE ain't it?....they just shake their heads and laugh. They have a car forum they are on that they are addicted too....lol....so what's the difference?....lol

Pamelama
05-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Wuv, (whisper)..yay! It will be nice to have our sons on this together. I'm sure your son knows no beer is temporary. My son was soooo worried about being hungry and not eating carbs (addict). I told him to get thru the first week and you'll notice the cravings start to diminish. I dont think he believed me, but he does now! He's acknowledging the psychological craving is NOT hunger! That's a step in the right direction!:). Keep us posted.....

Cadu
05-25-2012, 12:07 PM
My Tommy had his 3rd WI yesterday and he is down 23 pounds. I am so happy & proud of him

wuv2bloved
05-25-2012, 01:28 PM
My Tommy had his 3rd WI yesterday and he is down 23 pounds. I am so happy & proud of him

WOOHOO!!...he is doing great!!

usmcvet
05-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Outstanding Tommy and Coach Carol!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Pamelama
05-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Carol...I just saw your post. Congrats! :carrot: It's so exciting to see them go thru this .

My son just had his 2nd WI today and he lost 5.4 lbs for a total of 13.2 in 2 weeks!! What is just blowing is mind is how good he feels. He told a mutual friend of ours that he didn't realize how bad he really felt or that feeling better (more energetic, not depressed/lethargic) was really an option. He thought it was all in his head... who knew it was his diet???

So excited for all of our boys...

Pam

usmcvet
05-29-2012, 08:31 PM
He told a mutual friend of ours that he didn't realize how bad he really felt or that feeling better (more energetic, not depressed/lethargic) was really an option. He thought it was all in his head... who knew it was his diet???

Your son hit that one out of the PARK. I totally agree. My Mother and Dad came up this past weekend and stayed at a condo at the Sugarbush Resort so we could go to my sister in laws rehearsal dinner and the reception the following day. She commented how great I looked, especially around my eyes and that I was not crabby at her at all. I know I used to have huge swings in my glucose levels and now they just feel smooth and steady.

Cadu
05-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Carol...I just saw your post. Congrats! :carrot: It's so exciting to see them go thru this .

My son just had his 2nd WI today and he lost 5.4 lbs for a total of 13.2 in 2 weeks!! What is just blowing is mind is how good he feels. He told a mutual friend of ours that he didn't realize how bad he really felt or that feeling better (more energetic, not depressed/lethargic) was really an option. He thought it was all in his head... who knew it was his diet???

So excited for all of our boys...

Pam

Hey Pam
So glad your little guy is doing well and feeling good.. I am also so excitied for our boys. and so impressed that they are sticking with it. There are times when I am having something and he will say mom, are you supposed to be eating that??? or Mom, is that on plan? LOL.. Of course its something I am allowed but it is like he has become the food police around here. I love it!

blkbmr06
05-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi,

8 oz lean protein a day

Thanks....Pam

Pam, My son did the diet with me, last year, and lost 90 pounds. What he discovered was that as he lost weight, he became more active and started feeling light headed when he was out "playing" (riding snowmobiles, quads and working on his dragster). He added a 4th pack or an RTD every afternoon and felt great. It didn't slow his weight loss at all.

usmcvet
05-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Pam, My son did the diet with me, last year, and lost 90 pounds. What he discovered was that as he lost weight, he became more active and started feeling light headed when he was out "playing" (riding snowmobiles, quads and working on his dragster). He added a 4th pack or an RTD every afternoon and felt great. It didn't slow his weight loss at all.

I have a 5th packet many days and things are going pretty well.

Cadu
06-01-2012, 06:10 AM
My Tommy had his 4th WI yesterday and lost another 4.5 for a total of 27.5 pounds. not bad numbers for a month. his muscle numbers went up & fat numbers went down. I am just so thankful for this program. I am happier for his losses then I am for my own.

LizRR
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
These updates are so uplifting. What lucky sons to have you as mothers!

Pamelama
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
My Tommy had his 4th WI yesterday and lost another 4.5 for a total of 27.5 pounds. not bad numbers for a month. his muscle numbers went up & fat numbers went down. I am just so thankful for this program. I am happier for his losses then I am for my own.

Congrats to your son! :carrot: What a great accomplishment for 1 month. Totally keeps you motivated doesn't it?

I just told my son his numbers. He's so excited. Been on the plan 2 1/2 weeks and can already zip up shorts that he couldn't even button 3 weeks ago. :D

I know what you mean about being more happy for thm than yoyrself. Its a mom thing, I'm sure. I'm am so excited for his weigh in days. You're bursting with pride at their accomplishments and what this will mean for them, because you know what it means to you! :hug:

Pam

Have a greatbweekend!

Kaypix
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
You guys should alternate WI days, like moms on Monday and sons on Thursdays, so you guys have something to celebrate every 3 days :)

MaMaZu
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
You guys should alternate WI days, like moms on Monday and sons on Thursdays, so you guys have something to celebrate every 3 days :)

Or how about sons on "Son-day"?

m3foster
06-02-2012, 07:55 AM
You ladies are so inspiring. While my son is only 14 and as big as a toothpick, I do have a good friend whose son is starting tomorrow due mostly to my success. I am supporting him 100%!!! I am so looking forward to him succeeding! He us going to a clinic but I am here in the wings waiting to lift him up when necessary! I have assured him the first week is the worst and he will be pleasantly surprised! Your stories are verifying that point! Let's hear it for the boys!!!!

Pamelama
06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Week 3 WI for my son, down ANOTHER 7.4 POUNDS!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Total of 20.6 lbs in 3 weeks & 5.5 inches gone. Bonus, not hungry (he's eating when he has to, not because he's starving/craving). Feels amazing, fatigue is gone, sleeping better, skin looks clearer. Amazing! I'm so proud of him! :D

Cadu
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Week 3 WI for my son, down ANOTHER 7.4 POUNDS!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Total of 20.6 lbs in 3 weeks & 5.5 inches gone. Bonus, not hungry (he's eating when he has to, not because he's starving/craving). Feels amazing, fatigue is gone, sleeping better, skin looks clearer. Amazing! I'm so proud of him! :D

That is soooooo awesome.. yaaaaaaay for him!!!!!

usmcvet
06-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Great news. Tell him we're impressed w/his healthy changes.

Pamelama
06-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Update on my son. He finished week 4 a few days ago and lost another 3.8 pounds for a total of 24.6 pounds in 4 weeks! :carrot: What's even more amazing is the absolute resolve he has to stick with this plan 100%. He is so motivated by the results, he doesn't want to stop (or really have any urge to cheat). I'm so proud of him!!

m3foster
06-14-2012, 08:49 AM
My friend's son is doing great as well!!! Started last Sunday and weighed in last Thursday because he wouldn't be home for the weekend...from Sunday - Thursday he had lost 11.5 pounds and 5"! He went back for another weigh in yesterday and lost another 7.5 so that's 19 lbs in 10 days! He is sooooo excited!!!

Pamelama
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Last week, Week 7, he dropped 6 pounds!
Down a total of 37.2 pounds! :carrot: