Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat monday 5/14/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat monday 5/14/12

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051) __________________ __________________

Cadu
05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Morning Everybody.
So I was looking for the splenda yesterday at my brother in laws house to put in my tea. His mother in law was there and told me that she was getting horrible back aches when using splenda. When she stopped using it the back aches went away. Since starting IP I do consume more splenda/ sucralose (MIO, WF, Davinci syrups and splenda packets) In the past couple months I have been having horrible back aches every single day usually by night time is when it is worse. I have been doing allot of physical activity so I figured that's what it is from. I have googled this topic and did find that splenda does cause joint pain. I am thinking about weaning off the splenda but it will be hard as I do rely on it to get me through most days. has anyone else had more back pain while on IP and consuming more splenda?

I hope everyone has a great day

SewingMomma
05-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Everybody.
So I was looking for the splenda yesterday at my brother in laws house to put in my tea. His mother in law was there and told me that she was getting horrible back aches when using splenda. When she stopped using it the back aches went away. Since starting IP I do consume more splenda/ sucralose (MIO, WF, Davinci syrups and splenda packets) In the past couple months I have been having horrible back aches every single day usually by night time is when it is worse. I have been doing allot of physical activity so I figured that's what it is from. I have googled this topic and did find that splenda does cause joint pain. I am thinking about weaning off the splenda but it will be hard as I do rely on it to get me through most days. has anyone else had more back pain while on IP and consuming more splenda?

I haven't had any problems with it. You might try switching to Stevia to see if your back pain goes away.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I haven't had any problems with it. You might try switching to Stevia to see if your back pain goes away.

Thanks.. I did use stevia in my coffe this morning and I am gonna try not to use the MIO & syrups for a few days. I Have read that the joint pain lasts 2 days after consuming it, so I will test this out for a couple days and see if I feel better come Wednesday- Thursday.

usmcvet
05-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Ouch!

Good morning. I hope everyone has a great day.

prettyone
05-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Everybody.

I use Stevia and havent had any problems.

prettyone
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Good Morning All.

Its a rainny day so that means a long day. TOM is really working on my body, didnt wanna get up this morning. I have to weigh in a day early this week so we shall see. Hope everyone had a great weekend, enjoy your day!

cass2ander
05-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Went off plan this weekend : (. Digging my heals back in for next three weeks. Does anyone know how to find one of your own posts? Lol. I asked a question last Friday and now I cant find what thread I posted it on. To see if anyone replied.... I wanted to know what scales are good to use that are sim to IP's... Fat, water weight ect.... ?

Thanks

0ojoyo0
05-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day! I was stuck in all weekend writing my final paper for my 20th Century Europe class, so couldn't make the 1 1/2 hour drive to my mom's house. I think we're going to meet for dinner some time this week, though. It will be my first time out to eat since starting IP. Kinda scary, but I've learned a lot from these threads as far as how I should order when going out.

Went to my second WI on Saturday... down another 6.6 lbs and a total of 10.5 in (since starting)! My coach says she thinks I can keep this pace up for a while, and I hope she's right. Have a great day!

shathom
05-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I had the dreaded "C", started Novilax on Thursday, it did not work until Sunday and boy oh boy is my booty sore..... I know TMI, LOL.

I'm guessing this happens to most of us at one time or another within the course of the protocol.

Hoping everyone has an OP week. Keep on charging, we're worth it! Smooches! :dust:

kellycg102
05-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Morning IPers. Haven't been on much, feel like I am missing so much, but I have hit a super stressful time. The kind of stress that makes it hard to eat, so I had a couple of days where I missed most of my veggies and a protein. I am feeling a little better and trying to do better with my food. I have at least not eaten anything off plan, but realize I need to eat all that is required. Hoping I can get thru this........everything happens for a reason.....so we'll see.

Did go thru my closet yesterday and did something I have never done. Got rid of all my Clothes that are too big. Wow it was hard. I ave always hung on to them when I have lost in case I gained. Well, that s not an option now!! Still going strong with my "cheating is not an option".

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope to be able to check in more, I miss hearing all of the news with everyone.

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Everybody.

My coach recommended using only Stevia. There were quiet a few reasons why, and I can't remember if joint pain was one of them or not. Might be worth trying a change. Have a great day!

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Graduation week for my high schooler - can't quiet believe she's grown up. It truly is the blink of an eye.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/week. Stay OP!;)

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Just checking in for the morning :) Hope all you moms had good mothers days yesterday and are ready for another week of OP :). I weighed in this morning, down another 2.4 so only 2.6 lbs away from 180! I hope to get there next weigh in, but I'd not then, for sure the following :). I'll check back in later!
~Kara

Cadu
05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I had the dreaded "C", started Novilax on Thursday, it did not work until Sunday and boy oh boy is my booty sore..... I know TMI, LOL.

I'm guessing this happens to most of us at one time or another within the course of the protocol.

Hoping everyone has an OP week. Keep on charging, we're worth it! Smooches! :dust:

Sorry for you; I have to do the Novilax everyday or I back up, too...It is not much fun..but glad it finally worked and you got the woosh!;)

Morning IPers. Haven't been on much, feel like I am missing so much, but I have hit a super stressful time. The kind of stress that makes it hard to eat, so I had a couple of days where I missed most of my veggies and a protein. I am feeling a little better and trying to do better with my food. I have at least not eaten anything off plan, but realize I need to eat all that is required. Hoping I can get thru this........everything happens for a reason.....so we'll see.

Did go thru my closet yesterday and did something I have never done. Got rid of all my Clothes that are too big. Wow it was hard. I ave always hung on to them when I have lost in case I gained. Well, that s not an option now!! Still going strong with my "cheating is not an option".

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope to be able to check in more, I miss hearing all of the news with everyone.

I am sorry for your stress; hope all works out for you :hug:

I am also going through all my fat clothes and getting rid of them; it leaves me with very little to wear but I am not going shopping until I reach my goal! I did keep my smaller clothes from the past 6 years so I still have some that are slightly too small...that is the next goal to fit in those and low and behold they are summer clothes; so that is good.

Take care and know that others care. If you don't mind I am going to adopt "cheating is not an option" as well! :D

Happy Monday everyone! Graduation week for my high schooler - can't quiet believe she's grown up. It truly is the blink of an eye.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/week. Stay OP!;)

Huge milestone! Congratulations, Mom!!:carrot:

Good morning everyone! I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day! I was stuck in all weekend writing my final paper for my 20th Century Europe class, so couldn't make the 1 1/2 hour drive to my mom's house. I think we're going to meet for dinner some time this week, though. It will be my first time out to eat since starting IP. Kinda scary, but I've learned a lot from these threads as far as how I should order when going out.

Went to my second WI on Saturday... down another 6.6 lbs and a total of 10.5 in (since starting)! My coach says she thinks I can keep this pace up for a while, and I hope she's right. Have a great day!

Your weight loss is amazing!!! Keep up the good work. I found when I was in school grazing was a real problem for me; so I think what you're doing is truly exeptional!!!! :bravo:

lisab
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Good morning all!
Yesterday, first cheat in 4 weeks! I had a bite of my twins' Nutella brownies I made for their birthday. I have to say it wasn't spectacular, and it only made me want more! So learned a lesson!
4th WI today! Wish me luck!

SewingMomma
05-14-2012, 10:21 AM
OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.

Yeah!!!!! I love getting in to smaller sizes! You'll definitely be in a size 12 dress by June. Have fun shopping!!!! I find that I actually enjoy shopping for clothes now. I haven't felt that way since I was in my early 30s! Having a couple of kids and gaining a ton of weight will make shopping a chore.

I have my WI today. It's my TOM, so I'm not expecting much of a loss.

0ojoyo0
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM

AWESOME!! You'll get there for sure!

Your weight loss is amazing!!! Keep up the good work. I found when I was in school grazing was a real problem for me; so I think what you're doing is truly exeptional!!!! :bravo:

Thank you! I'm amazed! The weight seems to be melting off. I knew the IP diet was good based on what I've read on 3fc, but I never expected these immediate results. My jeans that were too tight and uncomfortable to sit down in just 2 weeks ago, are now a little loose. And I am already beginning to think about food differently. This diet is truly amazing.

GirlinNYC
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone! This is only my second day on this site, but I look forward to reading everyone's posts because they're so motivating! I had a tough weekend....i didn't realize it was my TOM and I was starving. I thought I had accidentally eaten some kind of sugar because I go out for a lot of my meals. I live in NYC...I'm always on the go for work, and entertain a lot for work. I've been sticking to grilled fish and veggies when I'm out, but you never know what they really throw into your food. I think my hunger was due to TOM because today I had my coffee and shake and feel great. I was so concerned I was out of keytosis, but I think it was hormones.

Thanks for your suggestions over the weekend. I asked how people deal with social situations with family and eating. My aunt thankfully had a huge green salad, already dressed with olive oil and I think some kind of non-IP friendly vinegar and a light egg salad (in addition to a spread of cheeses, hummus, kugel, bagels,ect). I didn't touch any of the bad stuff. I ate some of the egg salad and green salad...it may have thrown me off a bit, but I think I'll be able to recover over the next three days before my weigh-in. My whole family told me I look good :)

A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!

jenn04
05-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Another Day at the grind ohhh monday you came by to fast. And boy oh boy do i need to catch up on housework. With 4 kids its a never ending story I wish Cinderella would loan me her fairy god mother

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everybody.
So I was looking for the splenda yesterday at my brother in laws house to put in my tea. His mother in law was there and told me that she was getting horrible back aches when using splenda.
I use a lot of stevia but also flavor a gallon of water/day with Mio and haven't had any problems.

Big C has been a lifelong problem for me. While on IP, I'm using Smooth Move tea, Lacey's Super Dieter's tea (GNC sells it): both of these are senna based and work w/in 24 hours for me. If things really back up worse than usual, I use Dulcolax (any drugstore, most grocery stores). The last couple of days started Yerba Prima fiber capsules (health food store). All of these had acceptable nutritional stats for me (check out carbs and fiber received for the carbs so you know exactly what you are doing).

Cadu
05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I have my WI today. It's my TOM, so I'm not expecting much of a loss.

Good luck at WI today... you know, any loss is a good loss. :)

I use a lot of stevia but also flavor a gallon of water/day with Mio and haven't had any problems.

Thanks Chloe, maybe it IS all the heavy duty yard work I have been doing lately. Thinking back before IP I was a diet soda junky and I didnt seem to have the back problems then.

A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!

I have 2 cups of coffee a day.. I only have a 1/2 ounce of fat free half & half in each.

You are only supposed to have the 4 cups of veg a day.. there are carbs in veggies.

KBig
05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
GM IPeeps

on the grind.... OP all day

next WI is Sat .... I hope I reach my goal ...

5lbs....

water water everywhere....

salmongirl
05-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Goodmorning everyone! Just checking in to say hi. WI#17 tomorrow and I think I have done well. So close to onederland! I can't believe Ihave been on this diet for 17 weeks and have lost 55 pounds. I really can feel the difference loosing weight makes in my life every day. I feel younger, prettier and more confident! I wonder how great I will feel when I loose the next 60 pounds? I am almost halfway to my goal and there is no way I am cheating now.
I hope everyone has a great, 100% OP day!

CkM
05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

Have a great OP day everyone!

GirlinNYC
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Thank you, Cadu. I might have been overdoing it.

jenncorr
05-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I can’t do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement :hug:

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/

Jelbeangrl
05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Good morning everyone! It's been a while since I've been on and posted! It's nice to see that we all survived Mothers Day with minimal impact! We went to a buffet brunch so it was fairly easily for me to pick and choose and my scales were down this morning! YAY!

I had my 11th weigh in Friday. This diet has been fairly easy for me even though I have two small ones and a hubby that I cook regular for. We go out to eat often and I just make adjustments to menu items where needed. My mother is doing the plan with me and she eats out often as well!

My coach says I am one of the few people in the clinic that looses inches as fast as I do. My weight has came off consistently around 2 pounds a week and one week, was only -1.4. However, I have lost 40 & 1/4 inches!!! So I'll gladly accept that (total weight loss 27). I really feel so much better, enjoy the compliments I receive from my family and friends and not having to hide in my clothes any longer!

NSV's are so important to me now! Thank you all for your wonderful chat and support on this page. It's awesome to know there are other IP's out there on the same journey as I am ;)

CkM
05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found it's way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I cant do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and freinds? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouregment :hug:

I have found that if I do things to keep me busy on the weekends I don't think I am hungry nor do I want to just snack. Recently took up gardening veggies and I also love to garden flowers. This time of year I spend any extra tie outside with my kiddo doing just that. We go in for lunch and dinner but other than that we are outside with our water bottles playing in the dirt.

I would suggest finding something you enjoy to keep you busy so you are not sitting around bored and think about eating. You can do this... just need some discipline.

DanafromAustin
05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Good Morning Everybody.

My coach only allows Stevia, and I stay away from Mio, so I honestly couldn't say about the back issue. Worth not using for a couple of days and see if you notice a difference.

You sound like me; I can't eat when I'm stressed, and I've had my fair share of family stress this year. Sending :hug: during this stressful time for you. Just make sure you take care of yourself too. Congrats on getting rid of the "fat clothes", I did the same and now my closet if fairly empty, but that's a good thing.

Hi Everyone! This is only my second day on this site, but I look forward to reading everyone's posts because they're so motivating! I had a tough weekend....i didn't realize it was my TOM and I was starving. I thought I had accidentally eaten some kind of sugar because I go out for a lot of my meals. I live in NYC...I'm always on the go for work, and entertain a lot for work. I've been sticking to grilled fish and veggies when I'm out, but you never know what they really throw into your food. I think my hunger was due to TOM because today I had my coffee and shake and feel great. I was so concerned I was out of keytosis, but I think it was hormones.

Thanks for your suggestions over the weekend. I asked how people deal with social situations with family and eating. My aunt thankfully had a huge green salad, already dressed with olive oil and I think some kind of non-IP friendly vinegar and a light egg salad (in addition to a spread of cheeses, hummus, kugel, bagels,ect). I didn't touch any of the bad stuff. I ate some of the egg salad and green salad...it may have thrown me off a bit, but I think I'll be able to recover over the next three days before my weigh-in. My whole family told me I look good :)

A few questions:

Thanks everyone!!!
Veggies have carbs, so I wouldn't go over too much. Welcome to the board. I just have to add that I have really missed eating kugel these past six months, but the good news is that it will still be there when I've lost all of the weight. :carrot:

cass2ander
05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Had a salad today at 9:30...... Lol so starved today. Got TOM, coming and trying to get back op after a 2 day break. The good is I have already had 3 liters of water : )

Good luck today everyone!

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement :hug:

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/

Weekends can be hard because you find yourself to with too much time on your hands - even if your busy - it's different than when it work. I have to plan ahead. I have a couple different vegetables in 2 cup containers in my fridge. I grab those when I have to be on the go. You can always take your packets along to do a shake or a drink. Keeping myself busy too, going for a walk, or bike ride, or reading a book - anything to distract yourself! If you do it just for a couple weekends, and can see a good result, you will be more motivated to stay on! Good luck and keep trying!!

LizRR
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
This was actually from the weekend chat - but I didn't get a chance to respond. Had a busy weekend with graduation dinner/party and mothers day with the in-laws.

Hi Everyone,
I've been OP officially 1week now. My husband and I are both doing the diet. Really has been easy so far compared to HCG which I did around A year ago now. I had my first WI on Thursday and actually lost 9 lbs after only 5 days but I was disappointed that 7 lbs of it was muscle mass. I thought that the point behind the plan was to protect your lean muscle? I was just a little bummed that I lost muscle mass. As of today down 14 lbs. :)

So this has been addressed before, IPdivajen was the one who initially 'soothed my nerves' over this issue. The 'lean muscle mass' you lost wasn't ALL muscle, it's just "not fat" - so this includes water, blood, connective tissue, etc in that 7lb you lost. And the first week it will be mostly water you lose, so don't think that you are going to be wasting away to no muscle. And just as an aside - I was initially worried because I noticed a trend that each WI I had lost ~25% was 'lean muscle mass' - but this actually makes sense, since the 75% I did lose was FAT, and the rest is the supporting tissue.

Also - I believe it was Wingnut who also explained this, as we get lighter - our body is moving around less weight, so we will gradually lose a little muscle mass (unless we start some kind of weight training, etc). Since it takes less muscle to move a 214lb body than a 145lb body.

There are some instances where your body will consume muscle tissue, for instance when you are in high activity exercise without proper calories, your body will go for the 'quick energy', hence why low intensity exercise is recommended to keep you in the 'fat burning' zone. But remember, your body produces ketones from 1. Body Fat, 2. The Fat You Eat, 3. Alcohol - so if you are staying 100% OP (aka, low fat, no drinking) then you are definitely burning body fat to stay fueled.

Thanks.. I did use stevia in my coffe this morning and I am gonna try not to use the MIO & syrups for a few days. I Have read that the joint pain lasts 2 days after consuming it, so I will test this out for a couple days and see if I feel better come Wednesday- Thursday.

That is pretty interesting - I have back problems (3 misaligned vertebrae & 2 bulging disks) so that is good to know. I haven't had any pain in weeks, but I am always looking for as many preventative measures as possible.

I'm sorry you are going through a hard time - it sounds like you are staying strong - and remember we are all here for you, so don't be shy about venting off! There are a lot of shoulders here for you to lean on.

I just went through and did a wardrobe sweep myself. It was HARD! I actually kept a pair of pants & capris "just in case" - but then went back in and threw them in the pile. I'm organizing a neighborhood garage sale this weekend and that is pretty much all I have to contribute.

A few questions:

Thanks everyone!!!

Be careful with the veggies, you should stay within the 4 cups, especially if you lean toward the 'higher carb' veggies (turnips, rutabega, etc) as they do have carbs and calories. However if you are overdoing it on celery and cucumber that probably isn't as 'sinful' (some coaches consider them 'free').

The only thing with coffee is to make sure and compensate with an extra cup of water for every extra cup of coffee after the first. This is due to caffeine being a diuretic and you need to make sure you are properly hydrated.

Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

OOOOH - I am interested in the cookbook reviews as well! Actually, my coach has one out for 'display' - maybe I'll take a few glances my next WI on Fri and see how it looks.

Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

Well, I admit that it is hard for me on weekends too - since I'm not in the same 'routine' as during the week. I just REALLY try to be mindful of my eating schedule and if I am 'hungry' in between I have a cup of hot tea - I actually made an entire pot of hot tea Sat AND Sun and drank it through the day (thank you teapot warmer!). Being out & about takes some pre-planning, but not much. If I know we are going to be running around I make sure to have some cucumber slices with lemon in a ziploc bag and a RTD or a similar IP take-and-go (bar, cheese curls, etc). And ANY restaurant can be made IP friendly - there is always going to be a 'clean' fish or chicken option with veggies you can have and squeeze lemon over with salt & pepper. My family knows I am on IP, so if I go to someones house they know to have something for me, or don't get offended if I BYO.

DO NOT SKIP YOUR WEIGH INS - face up to it. The only way to track your weight is to Track Your Weight. Weigh in every week and be honest with yourself and use it to make a strategy for next time.

Lunges and squats are good, generally any 'low intensity' exercise where you can comfortably breath is good on IP (walking, weightlifting). Although most coaches want you to wait ~2 weeks to make sure your body is adjusted to IP correctly, but if you are feeling fine I would go for it. I believe this diet is notorious for gobbling up booty first.

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 12:10 PM

A few questions:

Thanks everyone!!!

You can have coffee, but for every 8 ounces of coffee you drink you need to drink an extra 8 ounces of water since coffee is a diuretic. I still drink 2 cups of coffee a day and about 100 ounces of water, so it all balances out.

Eating out is probably a little easier than eating in with a family member. You may need to just bring a packet and container of veggies with you. When they know you are doing this to be a healthier you - they will understand! :)

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Good Morning All!

Jen- Weekends are tough for me too, DH was gone the last 3 days and I was having a very hard time not binging. I spent tons of time cooking vegetables in various ways trying to experiment with chips and so forth (still no dice btw), but I think that really helped me. I walked half an hour each day, rode a bicycle Sunday which kicked my butt, and then napped for almost 2 hours (2 less hours to think about food). And I researched a TON. Not sure if you like to google, but looking up IP stuff, and the various topics we talk about in the forums can be super helpful :) I started to do little squats every time I go to the bathroom after I wash my hands lol, it's not a ton, but with as much as I pee now it gets me to do about 10 reps a day I think? LoL. Don't worry, you'll get to your 140 :) :hug:

prettyone
05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
I have 2 cups of coffee a day.. I only have a 1/2 ounce of fat free half & half in each.

You are only supposed to have the 4 cups of veg a day.. there are carbs in veggies.

Ok I just thought about something. I wasnt even thinking about the conversion from raw to cooked DUH. I've been doing this all wrong. I guess I never stopped to think that 1 cup raw equals 1/2 cup of cooked. OMG. Well I must have been doing something right I was still losing. Starting today I need to measure correctly. Boy the challenges in life :D. Thanks,Cadu glad I was able to see your post. That was an eye opener. I forgot veggies had carbs I guess my mind is on not eating the carbs that I forgot about the carbs in veggies. Lesson learned!:shrug:

dizzyjean
05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Cadu- Way to go on the size 12's. Congats. You are an inspiration! Love your pictures. Amazing hard work!

ferrousgal
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
The scale hasn't budged since Saturday. Either all the partying hard of the weekend or coming up on TOM, who knows.

Product review: WF marshmallow topping is really really gross! I was thinking last week I could layer that with SF pudding for a nice treat. It ruined the pudding, sad to say.

dizzyjean
05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I've been IP for 2 weeks, and had my first exercise yesterday. I did 1.25 miles, 2/3 slow jog, 1/3 quick walk. It was hot and sunny, and nice to be outside. It was really nice. Sore legs today...though, haha.

prettygirlusaf
05-14-2012, 12:27 PM

That is awesome!! You look so good!! I had my 3rd weigh in, at 2&1/2 weeks today and I lost 2 more lbs. So that is 14lbs in 18 days. I had a hysterectomy but still have ovaries and PMS, so that is what is happenening right now so I am hoping that next week when I weigh in it will bump the number up a bit. I am also working out again, finally, after a bad fall down my long, steep staircase........I am amazed I am not dead or seriously hurt!! But I just got whip lash, today I did a quick 14 minute mile DVD that really engaged my lower body. I will keep it at this pase for a week then do 2 miles and so on..... Have a great day everyone!!!!

jenncorr
05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks to all who have replied! You all have given me some things to work with and I will =D I can do this and I need to be responsible for my actions. I was in to Crossfit for about a yr and my goal is to go back to that and the goal WILL happen by the BIG 30 in June....

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything, and thank him for his answers." ~Philippians 4:6

Hopeful in Canada
05-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Good morning everyone;

If you go to the website....reginaidealprotein.com, my Coach Adelle has provided a pdf file that you can print off with loads of recipies for ideal protein products.

I find it very useful when I am looking for something different.

Pamelama
05-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi,

This is a copy of a new thread I posted earlier. I was an active poster during Phases 1&2 and got so much help & support from this forum. Back for a little more advice/knowledge...

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

EAS low carb drinks 2-3 a day
Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
8 oz lean protein a day
2 cups IP veggies, olive oil, lettuce

Because he is a big kid, I'm thinking 3-4 protein products a day.

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam

paulimapi
05-14-2012, 01:00 PM
WI #1, everything went so much better than expected!
I lost 4.4 pounds on the first week :D

I know next week won't be as good though, but I'm hoping for at least 2 pounds on the next weigh in. If I could lose 3, I'd be 130 and that would lovely though :) haha

:carrot:

Also I have no idea how some of you manage weighing in everyday. I'd go CRAZY, weight fluctuates a lot, you know? It's unnecessary stress that I would not like to add. Once a week works perfectly.

Daydreamer73
05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
The scale hasn't budged since Saturday. Either all the partying hard of the weekend or coming up on TOM, who knows.

Product review: WF marshmallow topping is really really gross! I was thinking last week I could layer that with SF pudding for a nice treat. It ruined the pudding, sad to say.

I agree that the WF Marshmallow isn't the best alone... and I don't like it in my pudding... but a little mixed into the jello is very good ;-) :dance:

Daydreamer73
05-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Also I have no idea how some of you manage weighing in everyday. I'd go CRAZY, weight fluctuates a lot, you know? It's unnecessary stress that I would not like to add. Once a week works perfectly.

I have to weigh myself everyday. I feel that it keeps me very cognizant of where I am and what I ate the previous day. I'm hoping that it will keep me on track better once phased - I never want to get back to where I started... and I never used to weigh myself! I never even owned a scale! lol But then again, I am a little crazy!!! :dance:

Daydreamer73
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi,

This is a copy of a new thread I posted earlier. I was an active poster during Phases 1&2 and got so much help & support from this forum. Back for a little more advice/knowledge...

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
8 oz lean protein a day

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam

That's pretty much the diet I am on! My husband is doing it as well and the only difference is that he does 10-12 oz of lean protein a day. Seems to be working well for both of us! Best of luck to him!!!!:cheer2:

paulimapi
05-14-2012, 01:37 PM
I have to weigh myself everyday. I feel that it keeps me very cognizant of where I am and what I ate the previous day. I'm hoping that it will keep me on track better once phased - I never want to get back to where I started... and I never used to weigh myself! I never even owned a scale! lol But then again, I am a little crazy!!! :dance:

Haha yes I guess it works for some people :) But I'd lose my mind, probably!

GemIAm
05-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Go Cadu Go!!!!! That is so awesome! On a personal note, it excites me because you and I are the same height and 170 lbs is my goal weight! Size 12 or 14 sounds good to me!

I bet you'll be rockin a 12 dress for that wedding! :^:

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
"pout" :( I'm super irritable again today, I wonder if TOM is coming next week maybe, because this action is ridiculous! I know it's a sign of fat burning etc. but while I'm FEELING angry I want to eat, and I know it's just emotional hunger, not real hunger, but it is playing hardball and really trying to make me believe I'm ACTUALLY hungry. I'm going to order a few more WonderSlim products / DietDirect products tonight so hopefully those will get here later this week and I can work on those...strongly considering having my 2nd protein snack now instead of later. I ate my "dinner" with lunch yesterday thinking DH wouldn't be home, then surprise, he was! We got into a stupid fight, I dropped the motorcycle engine on my middle finger (how appropriate) and now am starving; i think it's because I didn't have my actual meal later in the evening like normal. I really want to soldier through and get to my "normal" place...but I am just so not sure that's going to happen today...
On the bright side, scale was down today, so that makes me happy...but all I want to do is binge :( fighting fighting fighting angry don't-binge is my mantra right now in my head, it sucks :(

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Went off plan this weekend : (. Digging my heals back in for next three weeks. Does anyone know how to find one of your own posts? Lol. I asked a question last Friday and now I cant find what thread I posted it on. To see if anyone replied.... I wanted to know what scales are good to use that are sim to IP's... Fat, water weight ect.... ?

Thanks

Have you checked out FinnSteven's Recipe page? he has a PDF file you can download and print with hundred's of recipes. His recipes are MUCH better than the cook books for IP. MO the cookbooks are not worth it. Steven has pics with all of his recipes...check it out, I think you will be pleased with what you find there.

SoSo
05-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone, It was so hard staying op yesterday ! My dh cooked up some goodies,but i stayed on track!
Yall have a great day!

skatermom41
05-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Just joining this forum today. A lot of info on here! I have been on IP going into my 8th week. I have lost a total of 22+ pounds. 20 more is my goal. Looking forward to reading everyone's comments and suggestions.

week 1 - 7 pounds
week 2 - 3 pounds
week 3 - 3.8 pounds
week 4 - 2 pounds
week 5 - 2 pounds
week 6 - 2.8 pounds
week 7 - 2 pounds

Loving IP!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/flower05/lb/186/145/163/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree that the WF Marshmallow isn't the best alone... and I don't like it in my pudding... but a little mixed into the jello is very good ;-) :dance:

I'm wondering if you could take a crispy cereal, tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, 1 stevia and a couple Tbsps of water and bake it and add the WF marshmallow to it for a rice krispy kind of treat??

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
"pout" :( I'm super irritable again today, I wonder if TOM is coming next week maybe, because this action is ridiculous! I know it's a sign of fat burning etc. but while I'm FEELING angry I want to eat, and I know it's just emotional hunger, not real hunger, but it is playing hardball and really trying to make me believe I'm ACTUALLY hungry. I'm going to order a few more WonderSlim products / DietDirect products tonight so hopefully those will get here later this week and I can work on those...strongly considering having my 2nd protein snack now instead of later. I ate my "dinner" with lunch yesterday thinking DH wouldn't be home, then surprise, he was! We got into a stupid fight, I dropped the motorcycle engine on my middle finger (how appropriate) and now am starving; i think it's because I didn't have my actual meal later in the evening like normal. I really want to soldier through and get to my "normal" place...but I am just so not sure that's going to happen today...
On the bright side, scale was down today, so that makes me happy...but all I want to do is binge :( fighting fighting fighting angry don't-binge is my mantra right now in my head, it sucks :(

K,
I'm sorry for you. I've been there and understand. What I've done is make big mac in a bowl w/o the hamburger because I find it to be the tastiest salad and practically "free" in the IP world. It's a good filler. I would also wash it down 30 oz of strong Mio flavored water...but this is all what I would do. I have no problem w/ extra WF or Mio. Hope that helps.

rcrane3232
05-14-2012, 02:58 PM
The strawberry wafers have to be the best treat I've had since starting IP ten days ago. I'm afraid they are almost too good. I realize they are restricted but I'm wondering if I should limit them to maybe 2 per week.
I'm not a big fan of any of the fruit flavored things it leaves a very foul taste, I tried mixing ice with it but can't get past the taste. Is anyone else having this problem?

evepet
05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi,

8 oz lean protein a day

Thanks....Pam

Your proposed plan looks fine imo. I imagine it's an oversight - but remember that he needs to eat a total of 4 cups of veggies/day not just the two as you've indicated. Plus use sea salt liberally - 1/2 tsp/day.

As a teenager I assume he keeps a fairly active schedule... with his height and weight, I'd definitely recommend 4 protein products a day. In fact if he sometimes feels the need for a 5th one in the early days of the program imo it would be fine. I've noticed that many coaches allow that. And far better for him to use a 5th 'on protocol' alternative protein snack than to cheat with some off program carb-laden food that retriggers his cravings and sets him back.

BTW, I've used a couple of the varieties of the Quest bars, and found them quite tasty and satisfying. They tend to be fairly 'chewy', which is helpful because it takes longer to eat one.

rissimo
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi,

8 oz lean protein a day

Thanks....Pam

This is what I use. Also, if you can find the DETOUR bars, he could have those since he is gluten sensitive. One of the girls I work with, her daughter has celiac disease and she can have them. You may want to up his protein to 10-12 oz a day. Ususally men need more.

evepet
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone. Just dropping in to say 'Hi!' and hope everyone is having a good OP day.

I'm doing a bit of a test yesterday, today, and tomorrow... not having any bar, in an effort to see if this produces a better loss for my Wedn WI. I'm pleasantly surprised that so far I'm not missing my 3pm bar. I'm still having a snack - but it's a protein drink instead of a bar.

Gotta say I'm loving my waffle maker. My breakfast waffle was tasty, dipped in syrup. And it's handy too, to be able to leave the batter in the waffle iron, set the timer, and not have to stand there monitoring it's cooking like with a pancake. (I know..such a small thing...... LOL).

:)

Lala0620
05-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Hello All! Happy Monday!

Are plan says not to eat after 8pm and it says to get all of our meals and packets in. I have been having the problem of not getting my last packet in before 8pm. So which is better, skipping it or eating it late?

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Goodmorning everyone! Just checking in to say hi. WI#17 tomorrow and I think I have done well. So close to onederland! You look wonderful and are doing great!!

Good Morning All!

I read motivational weight loss books while on this program. Definitely read Dr Tran's book found in the last link in the first message of the Daily Thread. read it twice - it will help you stay motivated regardless of how ravenous you are. I also read "Protein Power", an old book but so motivational and very much along the same lines as IP. It really helps me keep a pure focus on staying true to the program. Also go shoppiong for a bathing suit and that might just help w/ your determination to not go off the program. Don't buy anything yet (you'll be losing a lot more most likely before summer) but go try on things and check out how you really look in a 3 way mirror and bright lights.

This was actually from the weekend chat - but I didn't get a chance to respond. Had a busy weekend with graduation dinner/party and mothers day with the in-laws.

Liz,
Your post was excellent!! So filled w/ good advice, practically a sticky on its own! Thank you.

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 03:30 PM
That's pretty much the diet I am on! My husband is doing it as well and the only difference is that he does 10-12 oz of lean protein a day. Seems to be working well for both of us! Best of luck to him!!!!:cheer2:

Try the "Simply Bar" - it seems to be a healthy version of the IP bars - just google to find.

Hello All! Happy Monday!

Are plan says not to eat after 8pm and it says to get all of our meals and packets in. I have been having the problem of not getting my last packet in before 8pm. So which is better, skipping it or eating it late?
I always have a bedtime snack - usually around 9:30 so I stay in ketosis overnight. Never heard about the 8pm cut off...

Wuv,
Do you know anything about a 8pm cut off from daily food/packets?

Beachbum6
05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Good Morning All!

Weekends are the hardest, but ultimately family and friends are there to support you! I just spent the weekend with some friends that I haven't seen in MONTHS. Last week I sent them an email just explaining that I have been eating differently and although it is very strict, it is what I need to do right now. I let them know that I wasn't drinking or eating sugar or eating pretty much anything but protein, protein packets and veggies. I told them that I was losing weight, feeling good and that this program was making me happy:) THey were really supportive and we had a great weekend!! Good Luck, I know you can do it! Have a great day.

Pamelama
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks so much for all your suggestions regarding my son starting IP Alternatives. He/we are so excited to start (tomorrow)!:carrot:

evepet
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Try the "Simply Bar" - it seems to be a healthy version of the IP bars - just google to find.

I always have a bedtime snack - usually around 9:30 so I stay in ketosis overnight. Never heard about the 8pm cut off...

Wuv,

My coach also told me to make sure I have a bedtime snack - in fact my Phase 1 Diet Plan sheet says right on it "15 minutes before bed".... if there's a 8pm cut-off, I'd be going to bed awfully early!!! :D

Melfuchsia
05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Have any of you stopped IP and started again? Any tips for getting motivated all over again?

I had health problems for a few months and my eating got all over the place, which means I not aonly gained back somme weight but have been very disorganised with my eating habits...

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
My coach also told me to make sure I have a bedtime snack - in fact my Phase 1 Diet Plan sheet says right on it "15 minutes before bed".... if there's a 8pm cut-off, I'd be going to bed awfully early!!! :D

Me too!

Hmmm, sounds pretty nice, maybe tonight I'll try going to bed very early, curl up w/ a book and some Yogi brand Bedtime tea. Probably wake up early but might give it a try.

Yes, let us know if not having the bar and doing only unrestricteds helps. I rarely use restricteds.

All,
IMPORTANT! I made a mistake and was only taking half of my IP Potassium calcium pills (taking 2, not 4). I learned that lack of potassium can cause fatigue, dizziness and muscle aches. Knew about cramping as we all do, but didn't know about these other symptoms. Feeling better already w/ more potassium. So, watch out for these other symptoms and be sure you are getting the correct amounts of each supplement.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Me too!

All,
IMPORTANT! I made a mistake and was only taking half of my IP Potassium calcium pills (taking 2, not 4). I learned that lack of potassium can cause fatigue, dizziness and muscle aches. Knew about cramping as we all do, but didn't know about these other symptoms. Feeling better already w/ more potassium. So, watch out for these other symptoms and be sure you are getting the correct amounts of each supplement.

Chloe I thought we only take one of the IP potassium cal and 4 of the cal-mags.

Do I have this backwards?

Up North Girl
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Chloe,
The protocol I have says to only take one Potassium a day. The bottle I have says to take 1-2 per day. Too much or too little potassium will cause heart arrhythmias, although if your kidneys are functioning well, you will probably excrete excess. Does anyone else have any other information on dosing?

evepet
05-14-2012, 04:24 PM

I wondered too... My Phase 1 Diet Plan has to take 1 Natura Potassium-Calcium + 1 Natura Multi at Breakfast..... and that's the only Potassium-Calcium for the day. Just that one. And it's 4 Natura Cal-Mag per day - 2 with Dinner & 2 with the 'Before Bed' snack.

It occurs to me that Chloe is on alternatives this time around though... maybe she's talking about the dosage recommendations for an alternative potassium supplement she's been taking?

evepet
05-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Good morning everyone;

If you go to the website....reginaidealprotein.com, my Coach Adelle has provided a pdf file that you can print off with loads of recipies for ideal protein products.

Just went there and downloaded it. It's great!. Thanks so much for the tip! :D

P.S. --- Here's the link that goes right to the pdf download page!
http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Cadu, Up North Girl, Evepet,
I'm wrong again! All of you are right - thank you!

But now I have to figure out why I'm getting that extreme fatigue 30 min after my phase 3 breakfast - felt more energetic on phase 1 and 2...but I'll figure this out.

Again, this proves the value of this forum, and my friends, thank you for your help here.

CassiR
05-14-2012, 04:38 PM

But now I have to figure out why I'm getting that extreme fatigue 30 min after my phase 3 breakfast - felt more energetic on phase 1 and 2...but I'll figure this out.

Again, this proves the value of this forum, and my friends, thank you for your help here.

Chloe,
What are you having for p3 breakfasts? Maybe cut back on the carbs? I've been eating my p3 breakfasts super slow.. probably takes me about 20 minutes to finish. But I think I am just savoring it..
My coach said that for phase 3 and maintenance we only have to worry about the multi vitamin (she said buy one at a store) and omegas. We no longer need to take the potassium or cal-mags.

Also, remember we're not in Ketosis anymore in p3 so you'll tend to not feel as energetic as phase 1 and 2.
I actually had the negative effect.. I felt horrible in ketosis and much better when not in it. That's just me though.

SewingMomma
05-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Back from my weigh in. I'm down 2.4 this week for a grand total of 80 pounds!!!!! Thirty more to go!

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 04:50 PM

Chloe,
Not to add to the mix, but my mother in law takes 3 potassium a day because otherwise she would have leg aches. Her coach OK'd it, but I know all the coaches are different. I wish this was a bit more standardized (ok everyong, get out your # 2 pencils...)

evepet
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Back from my weigh in. I'm down 2.4 this week for a grand total of 80 pounds!!!!! Thirty more to go!

:carrot: Way to Go!! :carrot:

ProteinGal
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Congratulations, awesome weight loss!!!

ProteinGal
05-14-2012, 05:09 PM
The strawberry wafers have to be the best treat I've had since starting IP ten days ago. I'm afraid they are almost too good. I realize they are restricted but I'm wondering if I should limit them to maybe 2 per week.
I'm not a big fan of any of the fruit flavored things it leaves a very foul taste, I tried mixing ice with it but can't get past the taste. Is anyone else having this problem?

I bought the strawberry wafer today but haven't tried it yet, tomorrow ;)
I've been having one restricted (treat) per day.

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Monday! The weather here is beautiful so everyone is having a hard time being indoors at work.

I just did my WI at lunch and was down 2.3 lbs. this week not the best but better than last week which was only a pound. I did go on a long hike on Saturday which I am sure adds to the muscle; but all in all I'll take it! :cool:

It really did pay to stay OP during the weekend and I am glad I did!

evepet
05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Monday! The weather here is beautiful so everyone is having a hard time being indoors at work.

I just did my WI at lunch and was down 2.3 lbs. this week not the best but better than last week which was only a pound. I did go on a long hike on Saturday which I am sure adds to the muscle; but all in all I'll take it! :cool:

Good for you Darralyn. -2.3lbs is 'not to be sneezed at'! LOL. :D Are you still staying away from the bars and other restricteds for the time being?

smile2laugh
05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi All,
I survived a very busy weekend with lots of temptations! Its a rainy day here today & I never went food shopping this weekend so I am now hungry & cranky. I love coming on this blog & hearing all the wonderful losses and inspiration.
Cadu -Size 12 -- woohoo (I haven't seen that size I think since 8th grade)
Chloe- my coach said I could double my potassium since I had terrible leg cramps at night
Sewing Momma - 80 lbs - unbelievable you must be so proud of yourself! You're an inspiration!
Thanks everyone for the pick me up!

Kat2500
05-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Good Monday. So many posts, how does one respond? I have figured out how to put one quote in a post, however, I have not gotten the hang of mulitple posts. How does that work.

On Mother's Day - instead of going out my dh and ds helped me with yardwork. Loved it. No temptations.

WI tomorrow. I do not feel like I have lost much this week - even though I have been sticking tothe program.

mooselover
05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
I guess a week of feeling better was all I was allowed :(
Bad pain on my left side and more TOM to deal with. Sorry, I just know all you ladies will understand. Sorry to the Men who read this.

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Good for you Darralyn. -2.3lbs is 'not to be sneezed at'! LOL. :D Are you still staying away from the bars and other restricteds for the time being?

I am not staying away from the bars; I have been places where I cannot "make" something so I have had to substitute a couple times in the past week. I do make it a habit to eat the non-restricted as much as possible.

Until this week I had'nt even had restricteds...so I don't know if that is the real problem. The only issue I have had is that at times I want more because the bars taste so good....so I have to be careful in that regard.

I really appreciate you for your concern! :hug:

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Chloe,
What are you having for p3 breakfasts? Maybe cut back on the carbs? I've been eating my p3 breakfasts super slow.. probably takes me about 20 minutes to finish. But I think I am just savoring it..
My coach said that for phase 3 and maintenance we only have to worry about the multi vitamin (she said buy one at a store) and omegas. We no longer need to take the potassium or cal-mags.

Also, remember we're not in Ketosis anymore in p3 so you'll tend to not feel as energetic as phase 1 and 2.
I actually had the negative effect.. I felt horrible in ketosis and much better when not in it. That's just me though.

Hi Cassie,
Today's P3 breakfast; I have 1 c of Chobani nonfat plain yogurt w/ 1/2 c fiber 1 cereal, 1/4 c red grapefruit, 1 tsp coconut oil.

Just took 2 dulcolax an hour ago and they should work by morning but that's not a L/T solution. When not on IP I take a psyillium fiber powder.

wendywendy
05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Good Morning All!

Hi CkM... i had to got out this weekend to run errands and knew i wouldn't be home for lunch....so i prepared a shake drink and cut some veggies up to take along with me. This kept me on track and OP without having the temptation to stop at a fastfood place.

Stay OP and you will make your June goal.....what a fabulous birthday gift to yourself....sending hugs your way!!!!!!!!

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 06:34 PM
My coach wants me to eat my snack between 9:30 and 10:00, and I know we shouldn't go more than 6 hours without eating in order to stay in ketosis. I don't get much of a chance to eat my breakfast before 8 or 8:30. Should I be getting up and doing something in the middle of the night? I want to keep it revved to get the best result. Any thoughts?:flow2:

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 06:41 PM

I average a tad over 2 pounds lost/wk and I'm thrilled with it. Just think that's 2 mugs of fat done, that's huge especially when you consider it is not really that much water weight (as in week 1). I think you're doing well!! Keep it up, think where you'll be in 6 months! Also think back, didn't the last 6 months pass pretty quickly?

My coach wants me to eat my snack between 9:30 and 10:00, and I know we shouldn't go more than 6 hours without eating in order to stay in ketosis. I don't get much of a chance to eat my breakfast before 8 or 8:30. Should I be getting up and doing something in the middle of the night? I want to keep it revved to get the best result. Any thoughts?:flow2:

Tell us your eating and sleeping schedule and we'll give you our 2 cents worth.

DanafromAustin
05-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello All! Happy Monday!

I've never heard of the 8pm rule. In fact my coach likes me to have my snack right before bedtime.

Fantastic!!!! :carrot::carrot:

Glad to you didn't fall off of the wagon too. Great WI!!

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Wuv,

That was the "old" way of thinking, IMO. I have my snack sometimes at 11pm. Sometimes I am not eating dinner until 8-830 just depends on my schedule. I think everyone has a schedule and having it restricted to cut off eating at 8pm would be crazy!

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey all, just checking in to be accountable. I was so mad still at lunch and had a few really irritable customers so I walked to the grocery store and back, while I was there I bought greenbean casserole and salmon and ate that for lunch. I am SURE the casserole had carbs, didn't eat the onions tho, just the beans and the mushrooms, and the salmon was kind of seared so I'm hoping not too much toppings. Also bought those Raspberry Ketones and took one when I got back to work and a bag of green beans to stash in the freezer at work for the next time I get "weak" I can just nuke that and have a hot filling group of veggies (was dreading my sliced cold cucumber for some reason today). I skipped my protein shake in lieu of the salmon, and am going to "try" to eat a normal dinner to reset my stomach for tomorrow (or i'll just be hungry by lunch like I was today). Meh.

janniegoingdown
05-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone, just have a question. I am starting my 19th wk on IP and doing awesome, just about 50 pounds gone. It is the long weekend coming up and the start of camping ( in Canada). I haven't drank or put anything in my mouth off program since Jan 2. We are camping this weekend with a bunch of family and friend and just haven't made up my mind if I will have any drinks or not. My question is has others managed to stay on track even with having a few drinks? If I drink, it will be rye and water. I realize it will slow the weight loss, but I hope not my motivation. Thanks everyone in advance!

Cadu
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks so much for all your suggestions regarding my son starting IP Alternatives. He/we are so excited to start (tomorrow)!:carrot:

Lets us know how he is doing.. good luck to you both

YAY! congrats on the loss sewingmomma. 80 pounds, thats amazing :carrot:

WHOOO HOOOOO Darralyn!! great job. one or two days off plan just isnt worth it. Keep doing what you are doing cause it is working

I guess a week of feeling better was all I was allowed :(
Bad pain on my left side and more TOM to deal with. Sorry, I just know all you ladies will understand. Sorry to the Men who read this.

Sorry you arent feeling well Mooselover. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon. :hug: I have to ask.. did the biopsy come out ok?

ferrousgal
05-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm wondering if you could take a crispy cereal, tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, 1 stevia and a couple Tbsps of water and bake it and add the WF marshmallow to it for a rice krispy kind of treat??

I don't buy any of the IP brand products, so that's not really going to be something to do. I'm just going to toss it out and chaulk it up to learning that that just simply isn't worth buying. I dipped my finger in to try just now and it still tastes awful. Really super chemical tasting. Blech. The two dressings I have are fine (ranch and honey dijon). I guess my moral of the story for myself is they do tolerable salad dressing. ;)

kdmcook
05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
You've done an awesome job! I am about where you are...weighing in around 175. I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans and got them on! A little tight in the waist, but they are one! Congratulations to you! You're pictures are amazing!!!

Keep up the good work!

ferrousgal
05-14-2012, 07:42 PM

Wow great job! :carrot:

Soootiff
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
All of this talk about the cutoff for eating time makes me wonder. I am actually "testing" eating my snack earlier in the day this week to see if it helps my loses. Currently my eating/sleeping schedule is as follows (weekdays):

5:30 - wake up
6:40 - leave for work
between 7:20 and 8 - breakfast (3 shots of Iced Espresso from Starbucks with a Vanilla RTD shake - every morning)
12, noon - lunch (2 cups veggies and a IP packet)
3 - snack (IP bar, drink mix or a different restricted IP packet)
6 - dinner
9:30 - bed

Last Friday my WI was OK - I only lost 2.5 lbs and 1 inch. I had done a few snacks in the evening instead of between lunch and dinner. It will be interesting to see how I do this Friday at WI.

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone, just have a question. I am starting my 19th wk on IP and doing awesome, just about 50 pounds gone. It is the long weekend coming up and the start of camping ( in Canada). I haven't drank or put anything in my mouth off program since Jan 2. We are camping this weekend with a bunch of family and friend and just haven't made up my mind if I will have any drinks or not. My question is has others managed to stay on track even with having a few drinks? If I drink, it will be rye and water. I realize it will slow the weight loss, but I hope not my motivation. Thanks everyone in advance!

I am totally against drinking alcohol while on IP. It will slow fat metabolism significantly - by a number like 73%.

Google fat metabolism and alcohol and read all you can.

I was still drinking wine and stopped the day I started IP but substituted vodka and diet tonic. Look at my weight loss - I had 2 weeks when I gained 2 pounds. Immed after WI5, when I learned about the impact on fat metabolism, I stopped all alcohol, had losses since.

Perhaps your experience will be different but I doubt it - please do the reading and then make an informed decision. Remember, you can drink after IP, so abstinence isn't forever.

All of this talk about the cutoff for eating time makes me wonder. I am actually "testing" eating my snack earlier in the day this week to see if it helps my loses. Currently my eating/sleeping schedule is as follows (weekdays):

5:30 - wake up
6:40 - leave for work
between 7:20 and 8 - breakfast (3 shots of Iced Espresso from Starbucks with a Vanilla RTD shake - every morning)
12, noon - lunch (2 cups veggies and a IP packet)
3 - snack (IP bar, drink mix or a different restricted IP packet)
6 - dinner
9:30 - bed

Last Friday my WI was OK - I only lost 2.5 lbs and 1 inch. I had done a few snacks in the evening instead of between lunch and dinner. It will be interesting to see how I do this Friday at WI.

Hmmm, think you need a bedtime snack to stay in ketosis since you would be going from 6pm to 7:20am w/o food. Can you eat just half of your afternoon snack at 3pm and then have the second half at 9:30pm? Bars are ideal for splitting.

Samba
05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Checking in today after a busy weekend showing the dogs. Sure had a lot of fun!

Had to carry some food along with me. Each day I had one meal out. But, I have learned how to make my way with that really well.

I hope those who are wanting the full benefits that IP has to offer can find the strength to stay with it! I have found the IP program to be amazing, life changing and nearly miraculous in quick results. One thing I really took to heart is the carb restriction. I can not claim making the OP 100% every day. Sometimes I just do not get in all my water or all veggies. But, I have developed a fanaticism about carb avoidance! I might be a bit nutty on that score, but it has been the very most powerful part of IP for me...the carb restriction that is. Funny thing really, but cheating with carbs is something I actually find kinda scarey to even think of! Loving my quiet pancreas. Loving ketosis. I don't want to mess up either one of those things no matter what!!

I am so hoping to get to goal soon. But, it takes what it takes. Each healthy day is really the pay off anyway, I imagine. I know I just have to keep on keeping on...but, the thought of getting to goal in the not tooooo distant future is exciting too.

Hey, I did more than my usual physical activity the other day. I over exercised in the pool. Wow, I was so hungry. I made it through the day, but it was harder.

amyjo77
05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh Monday, Monday....well I had another successful week, I hope everyone else out there did as well. I am now officially a pant size smaller than when I was a Junior in highschool! Down 5 more pounds this week! Hope everyone has a fantabulous week!

wendywendy
05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Good morning everyone;

Hi Hopeful in Canada..........Thank you for the link, it is brilliant...just what I have been looking for!! I have printed the PDF file to have on hand. Thank you so very much!!! xox:carrot:

Samba
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Oh Monday, Monday....well I had another successful week, I hope everyone else out there did as well. I am now officially a pant size smaller than when I was a Junior in highschool! Down 5 more pounds this week! Hope everyone has a fantabulous week!

A 5lb loss is awesome!! Wow on getting to that pant size, too! Good on you!! :cheer:

heycarrieann8
05-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Good evening everyone! I just got back from a LONG weekend at my best friend's wedding. I did really well with the food staying on plan, but I definitely overdid it on the drinking. I am up three pounds from my last weigh in two weeks ago. After feeling the effects of my decisions yesterday, it was great to feel back on track today and ready to start headed in the right direction again.

Before doing this diet, if I would have a slip up like this, I would spiral into a relapse. I think this program lends itself to a sense of returning back to the plan as soon as possible if there is a slip. I couldn't wait to spend the next few days getting back on track and feeling better again. Instead of chalking this weekend up as a failure, I think it has strengthened my resolve to see this through for the last few pounds. We can all do it!

On another note, since I have been on this site, I have read about other women having more menstrual cycles than usual. Has anyone experienced the opposite? I was fine during the first month, but my cycle is now almost two weeks late.

wendywendy
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
That was the "old" way of thinking, IMO. I have my snack sometimes at 11pm. Sometimes I am not eating dinner until 8-830 just depends on my schedule. I think everyone has a schedule and having it restricted to cut off eating at 8pm would be crazy!

wuv2bloved.............you are looking fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: :hug:

mooselover
05-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Sorry you arent feeling well Mooselover. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon. :hug: I have to ask.. did the biopsy come out ok?

My biopsy and blood tests came back NORMAL :) Now I am waiting for a call for them to tell me what to do next................
Thanks for asking. I am so tired of all of this.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 08:56 PM
My biopsy and blood tests came back NORMAL :) Now I am waiting for a call for them to tell me what to do next................
Thanks for asking. I am so tired of all of this.

I am glad everything was normal. I was thinking about you and was looking for a post about the results but I didnt want to pry either. :o I just hope they find an easy solution to the issues. Hang in there. you are doing GREAT!

jcjnjj
05-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Super irritable, super tired and super hungry this evening. I'm hoping it's the estrogen releasing from my fat cells.
I've already snapped at DH. Sigh. Must go apologize.

mooselover
05-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I am glad everything was normal. I was thinking about you and was looking for a post about the results but I didnt want to pry either. :o I just hope they find an easy solution to the issues. Hang in there. you are doing GREAT!

So, I am going to see a different Dr. May 29th to talk about endometrial ablation. If anyone out there has had that done let me know. Good or bad I would like to know. Thanks

Kaypix
05-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Super irritable, super tired and super hungry this evening. I'm hoping it's the estrogen releasing from my fat cells.
I've already snapped at DH. Sigh. Must go apologize.

Ha! I'm in the same boat, I've been so cranky the last few days it's unreal. I think TOM might be coming early, thanks massive estrogen being released into my system, ugh!

Up North Girl
05-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Just got my ticker--- whoo hoo!!!! Funny how such a little thing can make your day.

Beanie Mommy
05-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Best NSV ever today! I went to an elementary school today to pass out books to first-graders (it's a great thing my company does). A little girl came up to me with a book, I smiled at her and said that she had picked a great book. She just looks at me and says: "you are so pretty." That just completely melted my heart. I've never had a sweeter compliment in my life.

Lace and Levis
05-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Best NSV ever today! I went to an elementary school today to pass out books to first-graders (it's a great thing my company does). A little girl came up to me with a book, I smiled at her and said that she had picked a great book. She just looks at me and says: "you are so pretty." That just completely melted my heart. I've never had a sweeter compliment in my life.

Out of the mouth of Babes!!!! What a fantastic NSV. :flow2:

auroragrl
05-15-2012, 12:08 AM
I average a tad over 2 pounds lost/wk and I'm thrilled with it. Just think that's 2 mugs of fat done, that's huge especially when you consider it is not really that much water weight (as in week 1). I think you're doing well!! Keep it up, think where you'll be in 6 months! Also think back, didn't the last 6 months pass pretty quickly?

Tell us your eating and sleeping schedule and we'll give you our 2 cents worth.

Well - my schedule is a little chaotic - that's my challenge.

I get up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 - depends what my day holds in store.

I eat breakfast between 8 and 8:30.

Lunch can vary, but am really trying to stick to the 6 hour rule. Today I ate at 1:00 ( cappaccino, saurkraut salad and lettuce) weird I know but was on the go, and ate breakfast at 8:30( herb omelette).

I didn't get to eat supper until 7:15 though, but the time I left work and got home to do cook. We had steak, and I'm afraid I overate a little on it, because I was too hungry and I didn't take the time to weigh it.

It's 10 here and I'm not having my snack (pina colada drink)

This is what makes me get discouraged because I'm trying to be so good and really stick to a scheduel, and life is beyond hectic right now. I'll keep plugging away thought! :)

Volly
05-15-2012, 12:24 AM
7 more school days!!! I feel so tired lately... But I am remaining 100% OP. WI #6 tomorrow, and I don't feel like I've lost any weight, but I've managed to go down two sizes. It's all good.

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Good evening everyone! I just got back from a LONG weekend at my best friend's wedding. I did really well with the food staying on plan, but I definitely overdid it on the drinking. I am up three pounds from my last weigh in two weeks ago. After feeling the effects of my decisions yesterday, it was great to feel back on track today and ready to start headed in the right direction again.

Before doing this diet, if I would have a slip up like this, I would spiral into a relapse. I think this program lends itself to a sense of returning back to the plan as soon as possible if there is a slip. I couldn't wait to spend the next few days getting back on track and feeling better again. Instead of chalking this weekend up as a failure, I think it has strengthened my resolve to see this through for the last few pounds. We can all do it!

On another note, since I have been on this site, I have read about other women having more menstrual cycles than usual. Has anyone experienced the opposite? I was fine during the first month, but my cycle is now almost two weeks late.

Yes, I went 3 months eith nothing. I assume it was lack of calories and over exercising.

Jelbeangrl
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
wuv2bloved.............you are looking fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: :hug:'

I agree 100%! It's so encouraging to see "less" of you every month! ;)

Momto2cs
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM
So, I am going to see a different Dr. May 29th to talk about endometrial ablation. If anyone out there has had that done let me know. Good or bad I would like to know. Thanks

My best friend had it done and she was very pleased with the results and had wished she had done it sooner. Good luck!

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 01:09 AM
wuv2bloved.............you are looking fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: :hug:

'

I agree 100%! It's so encouraging to see "less" of you every month! ;)

awwww.......thank ya'll:hug::hug:

MaMaZu
05-15-2012, 01:49 AM

I chose to have a UAE instead, over 10 years ago and took care of things for me.

Stefany1769
05-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello everyone. Just dropping in to say 'Hi!' and hope everyone is having a good OP day.

I'm doing a bit of a test yesterday, today, and tomorrow... not having any bar, in an effort to see if this produces a better loss for my Wedn WI. I'm pleasantly surprised that so far I'm not missing my 3pm bar. I'm still having a snack - but it's a protein drink instead of a bar.

Gotta say I'm loving my waffle maker. My breakfast waffle was tasty, dipped in syrup. And it's handy too, to be able to leave the batter in the waffle iron, set the timer, and not have to stand there monitoring it's cooking like with a pancake. (I know..such a small thing...... LOL).

:)

Do you exchange your bedtime snack with an afternoon snack?

Stefany1769
05-15-2012, 03:45 AM
I don't buy any of the IP brand products, so that's not really going to be something to do. I'm just going to toss it out and chaulk it up to learning that that just simply isn't worth buying. I dipped my finger in to try just now and it still tastes awful. Really super chemical tasting. Blech. The two dressings I have are fine (ranch and honey dijon). I guess my moral of the story for myself is they do tolerable salad dressing. ;)

The first time I had the marshmallow dip it was warm and a really strong aftertaste. I put it in the fridge and it was so much better!

Chloe222
05-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Well - my schedule is a little chaotic - that's my challenge.

I get up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 - depends what my day holds in store.

I eat breakfast between 8 and 8:30.

Lunch can vary, but am really trying to stick to the 6 hour rule. Today I ate at 1:00 ( cappaccino, saurkraut salad and lettuce) weird I know but was on the go, and ate breakfast at 8:30( herb omelette).

I didn't get to eat supper until 7:15 though, but the time I left work and got home to do cook. We had steak, and I'm afraid I overate a little on it, because I was too hungry and I didn't take the time to weigh it.

It's 10 here and I'm not having my snack (pina colada drink)

This is what makes me get discouraged because I'm trying to be so good and really stick to a scheduel, and life is beyond hectic right now. I'll keep plugging away thought! :)

I don't know of any 6 hour rule...what is that? (please answer on 5/1/6/12 thread - I'll be closing this thread as soon as I post here.)

Yes, get that last snack in - you need it, your body will thank you and its quite possible your weight loss will improve.