Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Week of 5/13/12

Diana3271
05-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
05-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Mother's Day! :congrat: Enjoy your special day!

I may not be back here until tomorrow since I will have a lot going on today.

Calories for yesterday: 1790 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Mamakat Happy Birthday! :celebrate: :bday2you: :celebrate:

Here's a virtual cake for you :hb:

I hope you have a wonderful day!

ItsMyTurn
05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Happy Birthday Mamakat!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!!!!

irishcanary
05-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Just tried on my size 8's despite the last month of lots of food and not much activity, they still fit :D. A little snug but not tight :). Cannot wait to start working out properly from tomorrow :carrot::carrot:.

Miral Paris
05-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Broke my sugar fast of a month or so and ate two big cookies, a slice of cake and a slice of banana bread. And ate a lot during the day.. But will get back to it today. Seems two steps ahead and one step back. Why do we do this toourselves?

My main problem is hunger. Will try not to binge on sweets. I hope I can get enuf posts in soon so I can do a ticker (sigh).

kathydee
05-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Hi all, Just a quick check in. Very busy saying good bye to Mexico. Packing up, tying up loose ends. Food isn't great but am hovering around 118lbs, which is fine.

Plan to be back in touch and settled by Wed - then back on a food plan for another fitness push.

Still finding some time to work out this week :).

Have a great week ladies.

irishcanary
05-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Drinking my sugar free energy drink before my exam. I have my ipod updated and my gym bag packed for after the exam. I have social things on today such as tea with friends and going to a party later.
My plan is to just have no sugar in my tea. I have saved my calories for drinking. So 800 calories (a lot but my exams have just ended!) will get me around 4 vodkas and diet coke and 2 litres of cider. So today will be an awesome day.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I have to go to the docs to get my leg sorted, kinda worried that it might be something major:(,

mamakat
05-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Monday Morning WI 187.4 down 1.4 from last week. I was down to 185.4 but slowly crept back up with DH's cheese cooking. I'm holding lots of water. Went for a long walk yesterday, the beach was packed with lots of moms, lots of sons were walking the boardwalk with their moms, I thought that was cool.

Diana & ItsMyTurn Thank you for the birthday wishes, counting you two and my DH's older brother and sister (and my trio) those were my only wishes. I told DS, now I know how all those xmas babies feel. DS and I had a wonderful time during the show, not so much when getting concert tee. Too many people. LOL, I got flustered just enough to make bad decisions (going against my GPS's directions and getting lost) afterward and in the dark, luckily, I had the sense to stop going off map and listen to her (my GPS name is Gipsy). DH surprised me with a sugar free cheesecake that he made while we were at the show. How sweet of him.

Back to reality. DS and I will be super busy today and tomorrow with doctors/therapists visits then Wednesday I can breathe again. I have to recover from blisters before I can go for more walks. DH did replace my latest pair (only a little over a week old) with a smaller pair. Oh and I no longer fit the store display size 7 in rings. I am a 6. I had to put an adjuster on my latest emerald as I wasn't sending it back! It's my first pear shape.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I ate some food later last night while watching the Survivor finale. I will probably have a second gain tomorrow, too.

Calories for the yesterday: Took the day off, did not count
Weigh In: 148.8 (TTOM)
Up: 2.6 pounds :yikes:

Miral Paris Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Sorry that you had a rough day. Today is a new day. Get right back to your plan. Sugar is really hard to deal with once you start craving it again.

ItsMyTurn
05-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Mamakat - Other than getting lost, glad the show was nice for you :) By the way... named our GPS "Gretta". I said ' it's a Garmin, which is a boy's name, but it has a girl's voice... she needs to be called Gretta' :lol:

mamakat
05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
ItsMyTurn people must think my fam and I are weird. Gypsy is Garmin with female voice too. We all talk to her as though she were part of the family. We never say get the GPS readied, it's where's Gypsy. Same with cars, if you say my or your car, I'm never sure which car that is as we swapped, for hip purposes, but now I won't give it back for disc purposes, his stereo is way better. So we calll them by their name Jade and Azul. Funny part is, ask me a human's name or that of my pet rats and I couldn't tell ya.

Hope you have a great day. Remember to breathe.

KatieAlyse
05-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone. Interview was this morning. I hope I did good enough to get it. We will see in about a week if I get it or not. I was so nervous. My mouth go dry and I was shaking so bad my voice started to break lol. Glad its over with though!!! My nerves tend to get the best of me unfortunatly. Hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy mothers day!

Diana3271
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Itsmyturn I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Irishcanary I hope your exams went well. Did you get a workout in today?

Kathydee Enjoy your last few days in Mexico and have a safe trip back home.

Mamakat Good job on the 1.4 pounds! It sounds like you had a nice day with your DS. Cheesecake is always good! I had a piece yesterday, too. :drool:

Katie Good job on getting through the interview! I'm sure you did better than you think. Interviewers understand about people getting nervous.

MRSS2010
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Helllo - I hope all moms, godmothers, aunts, cousins, etc. had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I am walking daily now and taking longer walks too. I am watching what I eat now, still not counting calories, but an example would be yesterday having my baked potato, and choosing sour cream only, not butter AND sour cream, trying to make better choices. I am drinking more water, too.

I feel pretty good lately. Even TOM was easier, but dr. put me on meds for five days each month to keep the physical discomfort down. I am up and mobile and not trying to nap every day, so that is huge for me!

I am not showing any loss on the scales, but I noticed that my tops are a little looser and the capris I bought a few weeks ago fit a little better, but still too tight in the middle to say they are comfortable yet.

I hope everyone else has a great week!

Diana3271
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
MRSS2010 Good job on the walking and for your clothes being looser! :carrot:

Diana3271
05-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breasts 500 calories
Steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Upper Body w/12's
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves

KatieAlyse
05-15-2012, 02:09 AM
I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!! The head of the "Training and Development" told my boss out of 90 stores my interview today was one of the best in the company for the position I was applying for! I was soooooo happy to hear that! And that was only my 3rd interview ever! And my boss told me there would only be 3 people there and there were 5! And thanks Diana! I think they ended up looking past all the nerves. I do have to say that this year is going rather well. I've lost quite a bit of weight and I got a promotion. Now if I can only lose this dang pound I'd be happy! I've been at 201 for almost a week now! Only 2 more days until my birthday...I really wanna at least be 199.9 on my bday! Off to bed for me. I've had a long stressful, good day! Good night all!!!

mamakat
05-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Katie Congrats on the job. Lots of people are nervous on interviews, that's my biggest fear in getting a job (one on one in a small room=yikes). I think employers know that. Awesome year you are having. Maybe now that the worry about the interview is over the pound will whoosh off and take another with it ((fingers crossed))

Yesterday I didn't plan exercise because of some major blisters. DD went on a day long field trip and needed an adult to pick her up (her dad wasn't available :p). Instead of putting shoes on (my dogs just didn't wanna) I walked over in flip flops. Ugh, now I have blisters, shin splints and my calf muscles are seizing. LOL, what a mess. There definitely won't be walking (other than to get me where I'm going) today. DS has last crown appoint this morning and then it's off to New Haven in the afternoon.

I am going through a med change this week as I've not had real sleep in over a month. Doctor was not pleased that I didn't call. I'm back on his weekly schedule. He asked two questions then asked how long I had been animated. He's quick...it's weird how some shrinks catch on fast like that. So he said he wanted to bring me down with a safe landing. I laughed, what a way to explain it. I guess if Ambien can no longer even put me into a light slumber, I must be higher than I thought. The good side (which I blurted out to him and trainee) I finished the novel and my pen is on fire with the next. I can't write fast enough and I just can't catch up with my computer. If I'm typing, it's taking out time in writing. He said I was bound to crash though if nothing was done and that's what he is more worried about as my low is much worse than my high. Why can't highs last forever...mmm, maybe because people need to sleep. :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
05-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great day!

I had a second gain, like I expected. It felt good to get back on track yesterday, though. Tomorrow is Japanese food. That will throw a little monkey wrench in things, again. I will have to keep working my plan and wait it all out with the water weight. It's life. ;) Hopefully, I will have a small drop tomorrow to make room for the Japanese food water weight. :lol:

Calories for yesterday: 147 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 149.4
Up: .6

KatieAlyse Congratulations! :congrat: :yay: I am very happy for you. Now, with that stress being gone, you might drop a couple pounds quicker. Stress has that effect on the body.

Mamakat You are starting to sound like my Mama when it comes to calling the Dr. :dizzy: I know you mentioned this before. :D Anyways, I'm glad your Dr. recognized that you were having med issues and is adjusting things for you. You are going to be sleeping really well, soon. ;) Have a great day.

ItsMyTurn
05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Diana - Had a great mother's day, thank you

Mamakat - We named our cars too! OMG! DH's is "Mona" since it came from his mother, we kept her name...it's ornery like her too :lol: and mine is "Blurple"...cause it's blue in the sun and looks purple in the shade. As for people names, if I don't hang with you daily, I tend to forget names...horrible at it

So - ran out of Ritalin last Friday and we are setting dr appt for when I have vacation next week - so it's been interesting. Not a good time to test me, however the universe felt differently. My DS was walking the fur boys yesterday and the newest furbaby slipped out of his collar and ran (which seems odd to me. He has gotten out with me or DH and doesn't run). The kids and DH were looking for over an hour before I got home from work and then we all continued after. I was hiking/walking the desert land... climbing sand dunes to check out the brush (and not find rattlers), biking the areas I couldn't walk... almost 3hrs. We contacted the police, send an email HOA-wide so everyone would keep eyes open - nothing yet. DH couldn't sleep and even went out another hour after dark. Praying for good news and he is found to come back to us safe and sound. I would say that is a good workout though - and heart rate was up from the time they texted me at work.

MRSS2010
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Katie congrats on the job! ItsMyTurn - hope your baby is back with your family by now!

I did a Zumba class today. She let me try it for free for the first time, and I signed up for a month, no contract, we will see how it goes. I felt really great when it was over, too. She runs three classes a day so there should not be a any reason why I can't make it there 3-4 times a week.

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

KatieAlyse
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Mamakat Thank you! I honestly hope this pound goes away...and soon!!! I dropped .2 since yesterday, only .8 to go! I hope everything works out for you. My boyfriend has sleep issues and the doctor put him on antidepresents (sp?). Needless to say that didn't help at all. He said they were supposed to slow down his mind so he could fall asleep. That's crazy that Ambien doens't work for you anymore. Did you get amune to it or something?

Diane Thank you! I hope you enjoy your Japanese food. I've never had any, what do you usually get?

Itsmyturn I hope everything turns out good. How old is he? That does sound like a great workout though! And good you didn't find any rattlers!

Have a great day everyone!

ItsMyTurn
05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
MSS2010 - Unfortunately he isn't home yet. Worried sick! Great job on the zumba!

Katie - The shelter thought he might be around 2 yrs old, but he is still pup age. Has the loose "grabbing" skin behind neck, puppy spiratic movements, etc. So sad. Great that you saw a .2 loss already, no doubt the rest will follow

While I have been at work, DH has been calling everywhere to try and find out Punky to no avail as of yet. If you pray, please add him in... if not, send good thoughts/energy please. We can use all the help we can get to have our fur-baby return to us in good health

cbressler1976
05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi all! Well, I am stuck at 173 lbs now....but I took some pictures of myself today and I can tell a huge difference already! It's weird because my pants will get looser, but the scale with stay the same...then all of a sudden the scale catches up.... so I am not concerned that I am stuck at 173.... Some days I feel like I am missing out on some good foods...then I remember that picture that made me go on a diet in the first place and then I don't mind missing my food....

mamakat
05-15-2012, 08:04 PM
ItsMyTurn I hope furbaby come home soon. The desert is a scary place :( But if you searched for 3 hours, I'm sure someone took him in. I'm sending my best vibes your way and Punky's. Have you gotten a refill on your Ritilin yet? I watched DS crash today right before my eyes. He is switching over to Adderall, sure hope that works better for him. Keep us posted on puppy. Really really hope he's okay.

Katie Ambien is an addictive drug, recommended for the occasional sleepless night. I started them for night terrors over two years ago. I gotta say, whether it was getting Bipolar better managed or talk therapy, I have less night mares, but still have major problems shutting my brain down. It never quits, even when I'm exhausted. My doctor would like to ween me off Ambien as it's a controlled substance and I have addictive personality (I come from a long line of alcohol/drug abusers). I, too, like to keep the hallucinogenics to a low, if possible. I woke up one morning with several new scars without an explanation...I'm am added to the statistics of sleep walking and doing crazy stuff. So if at all possible I'd like to toss Ambien, but at this point, I'd also like sleep. So hoping the adjustments will help soon.

Diana I'm curious is the Japanese spicy? I might have asked that before. We have a couple restaurants, DH loves sashimi. I'm not crazy about raw fish or hot food. But I like different flavors if cooked well.

Tuesday is over, yay. Now I can breathe and do some laundry, starting tomorrow. For now, I'm off to type or write or both. LOL, let's hope Diana is right and I'll be sleeping soon. :)

Have a great night everyone.

Diana3271
05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I thought I made a post earlier. :?: Maybe I didn't hit 'submit'. :dunno:

Itsmyturn I'm sorry about your dog getting loose. I sure hope he finds his way back home. :hug: I just said a prayer. Keep us posted. How are things going at work?

Mrss2010 Good job on the Zumba class!

Katie We are not going to a traditional Japanese restaurant it's a Japanese steakhouse. They do serve fresh sushi, etc, also. I order the house soup (broth), Teriyaki beef and rice. I get it once a month a LOVE it! :D I hate the sodium gain from it though. I will probably be moaning and groaning on Thursday. ;)

Cbressler Keep up the great work!

Mamakat You can get the food prepared spicy. I don't, though. I hope you rest well and have sweet dreams. :)

Diana3271
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 500 calories
3 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise
Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

irishcanary
05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Just arrived back home in Dublin now. The past 2 days were crazy. Monday i finished my exam, did around 2hrs of walking, drank 2 litres of cider and had a cookie. It was all within my calorie allowance, so its all good :).

Yesterday i was travelling home. This is normally a huge issue for me, for some reason i think that travelling is an excuse to eat all i want :(. Yet my journey was later than normal so i had a 50 minute walk home from my boyfriends house tuesday morning, i managed to make it to the gym for 20 minutes despite being incredibly hungover. I made sure i ate a hearty lunch before i left. This saved me as when i went to Belfast and met my friend i wasn't that hungry. I just got some chewing gum, a large tea and then when we went to the cinema, i got water.
I was getting hungry again before my 2 and 30 hr journey from Belfast to Dublin so i stopped in subway. It meant getting a later bus, but i was in good company so didn't mind.
My usual in subway is generally very healthy anyway, a veggie delight with cheese and no sauce. I got some chocolate milk to sip on but didn't finish it.

My friend was really nice and he bought me a chocolate bar, i managed to only eat 2-3 squares before storing the rest away.

I am home now and i can't get over how much candy there is at home :o:o.
Like when i was away at university i would never buy any of that stuff. I don't know how my resolve will manage with all that good food :dizzy::dizzy:.

irishcanary
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Oh and i forgot this
Diana: My exam was in Immunology for my masters. It was my last ever academic exam, so it was tough, but i feel hopeful that i passed it. Fingers crossed anyway :).

Hope you had a yummy time at the Japanese :)

cbressler1976
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Goodmorning all!

Diana- thank you for these threads! It is very helpful to be able to post my progress! :)

I weighed myself and I weighed 171!!!! I'm so close to the 160's.... When I get there I will be so happy because I haven't been there since before my youngest was born 6 yrs ago! :) I'm so close, but so far away at the same time! lol

Diana3271
05-16-2012, 08:13 AM

I *think/hope* yesterday was my last day of TTOM. It was a lot shorter than normal. This time it was 6 days vs. 9, 10, or 11 + days. Also (TMI ALERT!!!) it was a lo lighter than it normally is and the cramps weren't as bad. A few weeks ago I was at the Vitamin Shoppe. I was talking with the manager that I know. She has been struggling with hot flashes and menopause symptoms. She had tried taking evening primrose oil before but it didn't help. One of the customers recommended that she take Vitamin E along with the Evening Primrose Oil. This combo is to be taken AM and PM. The manager said this combo has made a huge difference in her life and it seems to be helping other women, too. Well, now, I am always up for a good science experiment! :rofl: So, I bought the combo a few weeks back. The manager said it could take 1-2 months to see a significant difference. I don't know if TTOM is better because of this addition or not. The TTOM (hormonal) hot flashes and insomnia have greatly improved, too. I woke up warm a couple of days, but it was really close to the time the alarm was suppose to go off, anyways. That's a lot better than at 2 AM. I am going to continue this combo and see what happens. Maybe it will improve even more. I am all for that!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 149
Down: .4

cbressler1976
05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Diana- Does it help those with severe cramps? I have been to the dr and they give me pain killers that don't really help and I just hate taking those all of the time...

ItsMyTurn
05-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Diana - Thank you so much for the prayer, keep em coming if you can.

Mamakat - I can't get the refill on Ritalin until I go into the office for a med check, which I can't do until my days off when mom and dad get here, and my vacation doesn't start until next Wednesday... and don't have "time" until Thursday because Wednesday is when I am going to be going on campus for me and the enrollment counselor to fill out all my college paperwork! We hung 70 flyers when I got out of work last night, I even flagged down a cop and ran to his car (in the middle of the road) to hand them a flyer - they were patrolling, so a good set of eyes. While I am at work today, DH will be calling every shelter/rescue between Phoenix and Tucson to get a description out - just incase.

I am sooooo not weighing myself right now. 4 days constipated, eating while running at night, and holding fluid REAL bad - fingers are so swollen. I have to wait until my stress goes down a bit

berryblondeboys
05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
itsmyturn Hope you find your puppy!

Everyone else hi!

Hanging in there! MIL leaves for a 2 week trip today and I'm soooooo excited. I'll be gardening and painting the entire time - active day to night and I'm looking forward to it. I'm a bit of a nut I think!

ItsMyTurn
05-16-2012, 08:32 PM
My fur-baby is HOME!!!!!

CyberCrystal
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi everybody

My life has been a bit crazy -- but I am comitted to keeping on going with this so I am back. Among other things my car broke down -- just suddenly stopped in the middle of three lanes on a major road in peak hour traffic! Eeks! To make it worse because of the age of the car I was without on for quite a while -- until they found the part. It was almost off to the wreckers. So I am searching for a new car. A big expense that I would like to be without.
This is my plan for the day.
Breakfast : muesli and a few grapes
snack Banana
lunch -- salad roll and salad
snack -- small serve of yoghurt and a mandarine
dinner; Salmon/ vegies and salad
snack - a slice of toast and tomato.

I am hoping to get to the gym -- but am sick with a bad cold so will see how I go. Will try

Irish Canary -- good luck with the exam results
Katie Congratulations on the job
ItsMyTurn I hope you find you dog

Wishing everyone a great day or night ( depending on your part of the world)
I am weighing in next week
CyberCrystal

irishcanary
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
My first day home was a mixed bag. It was good that i recognized a trigger for eating (sitting at home alone all morning) and dealt with it, i went for a an hour and a half walk. When i went on my walk i went to a shopping center.
I focused on the clothes and stuff. I used to for years go to shopping center and spend ages looking at foods i couldn't eat. Its a weird behavior which i am glad i have sort of stopped doing!

I was up to 1400 cals out of 1500 but i had my walk so i think i am allowed. It was a good first day home as i did n;t eat as much as i expected.

Now the bad news, i went for physio today and found out i am totally weak on my leg side. I just have to build up strength and then i will be good to go. I was told i can't run right now or it might make it worse!

I am allowed walk, do cycling, light gym and kenpo karate. I just feel a bit bummed because i am afraid this might slow my weight loss down.

Oh well, i think i will just stick to walking and gentle cycling for now.

KatieAlyse
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: 199.8 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itsmyturn Yay!!!!!!!! Did he come home on his own or did you find him somewhere? Hope he's okay!

MRSS2010 Thank you! That's good about the Zumba!

mamakat That's crazy about the scars and things! My boyfriend sleep walks too. Scares me because he goes outside and one time...he's going to kill me for telling this lol...but one time he even peed in the corner of the bedroom because he thought he was in the bathroom. Never remembers a thing about it either. One of these days I'm going to video tape him so he believes me! Is there anything else you could try besides the Ambien?

Diana Good luck with the vitamins and things! I hope it works!

Had a pretty good day today. Skipped breakfast. Too busy at work and kinda forgot to eat also. We'll see how tonight goes, I usually bindge on days like this. Hope everyone has a good night!

berryblondeboys
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM

Welcome to onederland!!!

KatieAlyse
05-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Welcome to onederland!!!

Thank you!!!

Diana3271
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Cbressler I had less cramping this month. I will report back on how things are on my next TTOM. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Itsmyturn GOOD NEWS! :yay: I am so happy for all of you! Was everything OK? No injuries?

Berry Good job on staying active. I know you will enjoy your time off from MIL. ;)

Cybercrystal I hope things calm down a little for you. Hang in there.

Irishcanary Walking is the best exercise! Just make the most of it.

KatieAlyse Congratulations on Onederland! :yay: :bravo: :congrat:

Diana3271
05-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Total Approx 1570 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Rice 400 calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB 2/8's, 10's, & 12's

mamakat
05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Katie :congrat: that awesome one hitting Onederland. Great job.
Not on what else I can take, over the counters don't work and everything else is addictive. We have had sleep walks like your bf's here too. I haven't peed anywhere (that I know of) but I do outright crazy and dangerous things. Luckily I'm not one of those who drive (knocking on wood right now). The lower dose doesn't keep me asleep though, so I'm not getting enough quality sleep and the naps that I used to take during the day to remedy the exhaustion stopped. I try, but nothing. Weird. He thinks its because I'm manic, so once I come down I should be able to get proper sleep.

ItsMyTurn YAY, I'm so glad fur-baby is home. Oh what a load off. I hope he's well. Don't forget to give an extra squeeze to your DS, he was probably stressing out big time (I'm sure you all were). So so happy for you.

OKay, it's bedtime. I got everything typed in. Hopefully my brain will realize that. Everything is caught up and I don't need to stress. It's time for my brain to sleep...I'm writing it down so that it reads what I'm thinking to itself, so it gets the message loud and clear. LOL, I thought that out way too far. I'm exhausted.

Good night all.

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Katie - CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!!!!!! :bravo::dancer::woohoo::cheer2::cheer3::congrat::b roc::broc::cheer::woo:
As for the fur-boy; the flyers worked! We got a call from a guy that said his neighbor found our lil guy. What a blessing to live in an area where people just care so much - even for those of us they don't know!

Diana - He seems to have some hind quarter injury and 2 of his pads are burned... otherwise he is in good shape. DH picked him up a city away and I left work early since DH was concerned on his physical condition. Honestly think it's a muscle pull/strain on his back leg, it's swollen and has thrown his gait off a bit, but not anything requiring vet visit. I gave him a bath and searched for any punctures, cuts,etc due to high risk of infection from being out of our sight... not a scratch that way. I also had to give a big cutting to his fur - he was one giant knot of fur. Then LOTS of loving to follow :)
Glad to hear your TOM is leaving you alone and not giving you the extended tour this time around :lol:

Mamakat - That totally makes sense that the sleep meds won't keep you asleep if in a manic phase. Hope it passes soon for you :hug: Easier to come down off the manic phase when you get proper sleep - talk about a viscous cycle!
DS and I talked last night about the pup getting away with him walking... so we good. No need to be overly affectionate when it isn't my nature, it would only freak the poor kid out more, :lol: He was relieved when I texted him the second we got confirmation that Punky (our fur-baby) was found. He immediately told his sister (they are in same journalism class).. so the only one that didn't know was our youngest (she is in a different school). What a great surprise when she got home!

As for me - 2 hrs of taking down the flyers tonight after all the other events. I am beat after not sleeping well, yet brain won't slow down - going to be SOOOO glad when I get my meds again!!! Apparently I am bad cause my DD16 was offering me her Adderall to help out until I got some, :rofl: Should have seen the look I got when I said "naw, I'm good" :lol: Took some Tylenol PM (soreness on top of it all a bit) so that should help me get a bit of shut-eye. Have to go in to work early tomorrow so I don't have to give up any vacation time to make up for leaving earlier today :) Have a great night all!!!

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 12:59 AM
You all have seen my older fur-boy (those that have been here awhile anyway), but this is the fur-baby that had me going nuts for the last 3 days :) Figured it would be nice if you could put a face to my panic

mamakat
05-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone

I counted 4 hours of sleep. I went to bed at 11 woke up at 12. Listened to DH snore til 1 then woke back up at 4. I tried to fall back asleep, but ended up staring at my multicolored alarm clock until 6. And I was exhausted when I went to bed, I thought for sure, I'd sleep all the way through. Blah, this is getting (is there a word for more than exhausting)...

ItsMyTurn Once again, glad Punky is home. When you said you talked to DS instead of more affection as that would worry him more, I so related. I hope things start calming down now. How did you sleep?

Diana When I was young, before my first surgery, I learned that taking a lot of aspirin or aspirin products (or even things that thin blood) affect the length of our TOM. I always took headache meds because of migraines and as a kid and one doctor suspected that was the reason for my 3 month long TOM. So he mentioned that my aspirin consumption could be the reason for the long light flow. After surgery and the start of the pill (age 15), I experienced my first cramps (wicked ones that had to be offset by Percoset) still had long TOMs. Of course it turned out I just had a bad uterus, but I always thought the aspirin thing was interesting. After I learned that I switched to Tylenol.

Well that was my useless tidbit for the day. I'm holding my weight at 186.2. I actually thought it would go up because I ate such a large bowl of chili for lunch, but thankful it didn't. I'm 3 pounds away, it's taking forever. My blister has grown if that's even possible. It was on the pad of my foot, now it's between my big toe and the other one :p (do toes have names like fingers). So it's still hard to walk. I thought I might have broken the toe itself, but it wiggles just fine :)

I need coffee and a lot of it! I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

cbressler1976
05-17-2012, 08:13 AM
This is my lucky week!! I am down one more pound! I now weigh 170 lbs!! One more pound and I will be at a weight that I haven't been since my youngest son was born (6 yrs ago!).....

cbressler1976
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Wow!! Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

CyberCrystal
05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone
ItsMyTurn- the fur ball looks so cute.. so glad that he has made it home and in not too bad a shape by the sounds of it.
I have made it through with my food plan for today. Feeling a bit "toey" at the moment and what to hit that fridge but am going to have an early night.
Not well still -- still have not voice which makes it a bit hard as a teacher!
My weigh in day is going to be Wednesday this week. Am hoping for a loss - on track for the moment anyhow. No exercise today as I had a virus and was feeling too washed out.
Wishing everyone well... Hang in there
Cyber Crystal

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Mamakat - I knew if anyone could relate to that aspect, it would be you :) DH is the nurturer in our family, I am the one who works off logic and "fixes things" :lol:
Glad to hear the chili didn't have an adverse effect on ya!

CyberCrystal - Thank you, it had me a total basketcase trying to find him. Hope your voice returns quickly, can't imagine trying to teach without a voice!

Diana3271
05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I'm running late this morning. I'm back to where I was the day before. That's OK since I had the Japanese food last night. TTOM has ended, so things should be getting better.

Calories for yesterday: 1570 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 149.4
Up: .4

cornellchick
05-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Late to the party again! I should have been here from the beginning of the week.

Monday - managed to completely deflate one of my bike tires while attempting to FILL it, and couldn't figure out how to get it full again. I had to drive to work with the bike in the car so some work friends could help me troubleshoot. Turns out the valve stems on my tubes are so short, the pump head barely has enough room to create a tight seal - hence my leakage problems. We got it filled up and I took it back home, and then I made up for driving to work by biking to the bank and back instead.

This morning - weight was not down at all from my last weigh-in on Monday :(, but I didn't let that get me discouraged. I had been pondering lowering my calorie budget over the last couple of days, as I seemed to have more calories than I knew what to do with when my rate was 1 lb./week - I've upped the speed to 1.5 lb./week so my calorie budget is about 250 fewer per day. Breakfast was two eggs and a fruit/yogurt/seed parfait; lunch was quinoa with shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, and baby carrots in teriyaki sauce. I even managed to stop halfway through the quinoa I had left after eating the veggies, because the teriyaki made it just too salty to be good - hooray for not eating food just because it's in front of me. :D

Hoping my weigh-in next Monday will show some progress!

CyberCrystal
05-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone
Thanks ItsMyTurn . You are right I am not able to get to teach. Had to give the voice a rest. Wednesday I was trying but it was awful and made me worse.
-- Still not much of a voice today. The doctor told me it would take a couple of days and it seems she was right.
Am pretty bored not being able to talk -- and am a bit tired too so not getting to gym etc. Anyhow should be fine soon :)

This is my plan

Breakfast -- toast and tomato
snack -- banana
lunch -- tuna and salad roll and salad
snack -- yoghurt and apricot
dinner dahl and vegies and salad
supper fruit

All the best everyone

Diana3271
05-17-2012, 10:42 PM

We got home late tonight. I won't be able to do personals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Have a nice evening and sleep well. :grouphug:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Strip 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 15
TF Fire 60

Diana3271
05-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?

As for me, I will do my standard fare of straightening the house, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, and working out.

Anyone have any plans for the upcoming Memorial weekend?

As for us, we normally take a small trip. We won't do that this year because of my Mom being sick. We might take a day trip. We thought about driving to Myrtle Beach to eat crab legs. :drool: You gotta love the all you can eat crab leg places. :lol: Or maybe not! ;) Hey, it's all protein, baby! :D

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.8
Down: .6

ItsMyTurn
05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Cyber Crystal - let your body heal, then you can worry about the gym. :)

Diana - We HAVE to clean the house. DH was going to be working on it over this past week and got a lot done yesterday, but between me being gone, trying to get Amber set up for online school for start of the school year, meeting with her counselor, setting her appts she needs for clearance for knee replacement surgery, my son got in trouble at school - so back over to school he went, lol.... well, last night was my "rest day"... Amber asks if she can ride her bike in the dirt field... told her to put on knee pads, elbow pads, and helmet (yes, she is THAT clumsy, lol)... well, next thing we know she is coming in the house after falling off bike and has one, possibly 2 fractures of her wrist! 3hrs in urgent care later, and the poor girl now has to add ANOTHER appt to her RA dr and Orthopedic now due to this most recent bike ride (then she wonders why I say 'no' so often). All this has come up when my parents are flying to town in 4 days! Poor Amber though, seriously, it was the wrist that already she has RA issues with and has had fluid extracted from several times.. her good wrist is fine - what are the odds??? So my plans for the weekend are: Keep everyone from hurting themselves and clean the house, :rofl:

Happy Friday!!!!!!

mamakat
05-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Late start getting on the computer, I've been up and writing since 5am. I got bored staring at the ceiling. Yesterday after picking up DS, I forced myself to bed before loudmouth DD got home with even louder friends. I got in one hour which clearly wasn't enough. I got in three last night. I'm exhausted. I will try the nap thing again today after I pick up DS, he's off school early the last two days. Since being up and moving out of boredom or writing lull, I'm all caught up on laundry :D Yay me.

ItsMyTurn That's a lot to do, I hope you get a break some time this weekend, especially from owies. Be glad her good wrist is still good, it's hard as heck doing things with both hands down. I was a dummy when I had hand surgery, I thought, sure I can do in with two weeks in between. Yikes, what a bathroom experience that was :lol:

Diana I think I'm gonna try to sleep. I'll ask DH to take the kids out, at least the loud one. :D He'll be gone the week of the three day weekend, so who knows. I stopped planning one day trips with the kids because they have such different interests now. And you know when you go on vacation, you really don't want to hear bickering (including your own :lol:).

Well I'm off to do some more writing, a few errands and taxi service for the boy. Oh, duh, I am at a new low, not sure it will stick, but hoping. 185.2. With this sleep pattern, I can't guarantee anything.

Have a wonderful and healthy day

irishcanary
05-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Hello people :). I hope you have a great time this weekend :).

Bad news, i broke up with my boyfriend. I feel a bit low about that naturally.

Good news is, i have been sticking to my diet plan really well. I weighed myself today and i am below 70kg, which is the weight i feel horrible at. I am only below by 2 or so kg, but at least its not 70kg!

Having a house party with all my friends over, should be good :).

Diana3271
05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Mamakat Will it take time for you to adjust from the med change, so you can sleep? I hope you were able to rest and take a nap today. Congrats on the new low!

Cbressler Congrats on 170!

Cyercrystal I hope you are feeling better.

Cornellchick LOL at the deflating the bike tire. I have done something similar with my car tire. We won't talk about that. :o

Itsmyturn Wow! First off, keep the kids safe this weekend! :lol: I'm sorry about your DD's wrist. I'm sure she is a trooper, though. Sending healing thoughts her way. I hope you can get some of that accomplished this weekend and you can get a rest in there somewhere.

Irishcanary Sorry about the boyfriend situation. :hug: A house party sounds fun and will keep your mind busy for a while. Good job sticking to your plan.

Diana3271
05-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Total Approx 1530 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
1 slice Toasted Rudi's Whole Wheat bread 100 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (790 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 300 calories
Grilled zucchini 100 calories
3 servings froyo 390 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Total Body w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Coffey Fit Blend Premix w/weighted gloves

mamakat
05-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana The way the doctor sounded, it seemed possible to sleep in a few days after med change, but nothing happened. I've tried wine and other sleep aids on top of Ambien and I just won't stay down.

I'm def on high mode right now, yesterday I mowed my entire lawn (usually only do 1/2) then I proceeded to cut away sumac trees. It's the only plant I'm not allergic to. When we first moved here, we found out it's highly poisonous, can be worse than poison ivy. It doesn't phase me one bit, get poked by our rose bush and I swell up like the little girl who turns into a blue berry on Willy Wonka. So two full hours of cutting away vine after vine. DH thought I was insane...well, that's what no sleep will do to a person. I took a very hot bath after that and my normal bedtime meds and slept (drum roll please) 6 hours. That's awesome! It wasn't straight through, but it was 6 hours.

The awful part was my hands were already bad for the day. I may not be able to hold a pen for a couple of days and I drop my fork a few times while eating. I knew they were bad when mowing, but I kept going. I had the worst case of boredom and I always get in trouble when bored. I should have called the doctor (Diana...so like your mom) but I thought yard work would help me get through it. Luckily I didn't get hurt, there was a couple of close calls. OMG, I cut my left index twice with the pruning sheers, what I thought was a vine was my finger :lol: I'm intact, though. I swear, these highs are just getting out of hand...:lol: Now someone has to come and clean my back yard it's full of cut down trees. I'm afraid of what DH will say when he sees it. :0

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

P.s totally forgot to tell you...184.4 (99 lbs down). Maybe I'll carried the trees to the city dump on my back (jk) to get rid of that extra pound :D

Diana3271
05-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Good Morning :wave: Happy Weekend to all! :dance:

Calories for yesterday: 1530 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.2
Down: .6

Mamakat I'm glad you got some sleep! I am highly allergic to poison ivy. Not sure about the other "poisonous" botanicals since I try to stay far away. DH is an avid outdoors man. Once he put his clothes in the basket to be washed. I proceeded to pick them up and put them in the washer. Within a few minutes I was covered all over my arms with a poison ivy rash. It covered my entire body within a couple hours. Now he puts his hunting/farm clothes in the washer for me. Have a good day, don't work too hard. ;)

CyberCrystal
05-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi everybody

Thanks Diana and ItsMyTurn -- Yes I am feeling much better. Went for a bushwalk today -- not a long one - only about 8kms but I felt fine so I am on the up and up which is good.
Have ended up going out for dinner both nights this weekend. Friday and Saturday. Not so good for my weigh in this week :(

Anyhow I can get back into the exercise and a normal work routine now that I have recovered and also have my car back ( after being without it for six days) Life back to normal.
Off to bed now. Hope eveybody is having a good weekend
CyberCrystal

MRSS2010
05-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone - ItsMyTurn, I am so happy your fur baby was found! We have five dogs and I love them so much.

I went to Zumba twice last week and only walked twice, but I just could not get it together to do any more than that. I weighed myself this a.m. and I have lost 3.8 lbs down to 236.2 - I originally weighed 234 and jumped up 6 lbs when I started exercising (?).

I also started doing low carb two days a week, this past week was my first week - I read about it in a women's magazine and looked it up on the internet as well. You have to do low carb for 48 hours and then your normal weight loss diet (I do not have a normal weight loss diet yet) and it is supposed to boost your metabolism and help with insulin production, abnd you keep your carb grams under 50. I cannot tell whether or not my loss is from the exercise or the diet or both, but I will take it. I also bought myself a new pair of tennis shoes for exercising in - I had no support in my old shoes whatsoever.

I am committed to weighing every Saturday now so hopefully I can keep it together and start watching my calories. I do not know why this time around with losing weight I have to do it in baby steps but I am seeing some progress and it is definitely motivating me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

cornellchick
05-19-2012, 03:53 PM
The weekend is off to an interesting start…

I got no sleep on Thursday night due to a bad blockage in my right ear. I've been struggling with temporary, overnight blockages in my ears for the past month or so, and finally went to the doctor to get help. They discovered my ears were just packed with wax, and flushed them out with a giant syringe. A BB-sized chunk of wax came out of the right one. :eek: But now I have super-human hearing - I can probably hear a pin drop on the other side of the house now! It's wild.

I asked what I can do to prevent this from happening again, and the doc's first suggestion was not to use Q-tips anymore. Apparently they push wax in farther more often than they remove it. The recommended care is to rinse with water, in the shower or with a bulb syringe if needed, and just towel off excess from your outer ear. It should all work its way out naturally if you don't stick anything in your ear. So… learn from my experience, kids… get rid of your Q-tips!

Anyway, on the eating front - I threw a backyard party yesterday evening with homemade sangria and barbecue. I had several friends attend and everyone had a great time! But, as you might expect, I went a bit over my calorie budget - by about 500 or so. Not too bad but I need to make up for it today and tomorrow. :) It was worth it! Haha.

irishcanary
05-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Heya all
The house party went great, i went out and two guys asked for my number. I felt ever so pretty. My diet may have went over my calorie limit but i did try and stay at 1200 by drinking only vodka and diet coke.

Today i was on plan and i got around 4hrs activity in, despite having a really bad hangover.

I plan on going for a long walk and swim tomorrow to. So all in all things are going good.

Diana3271
05-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Cybercrystal I'm glad you are feeling better and things are getting back to normal. We are so used to things being a certain way in our lives. I hope you slept well.

Mrss2010 Congrats on the 3.8 pounds! :carrot:

Cornellchick I'm glad your ear is better. I have a friend that has struggled with an ear issue. She hasn't had any relief after dealing with the Dr's for a couple of years now. Yum! Homemade Sangria! :drool:

Irishcanary I'm glad the house party was a hit and you had fun!

Diana3271
05-19-2012, 10:36 PM

I always struggle with my food and hunger on Saturday. I am used to eating at certain times and the weekend messes everything up. Once I get hungry the whole day is screwed up for me. Today I did something different and I stayed full all day. I ate more calories at lunch and it was all protein. The problem with this is that it limits my calories for dinner. I like to have a little splurge for dinner on Saturday night. It worked out OK for today. Not sure how it will work at other times.

Total Approx 1755 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
3 servings grilled salmon 750 calories

Dinner (610 Calories)
300g Spaghetti Squash (I rounded calories up) 100 calories
Spaghetti Sauce 100 calories
Meatballs 100 calories
1/2 Rudi's Flatz prepared like garlic toast 60 calories
Sauteed spinach 50 calories
Mock Strawberry Shortcake
1/2 Rudi Flatz 50 calories
Strawberries 50 calories
Cottage cheese 100 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

CyberCrystal
05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi everybody
Wishing everybody a good weekend

Diana -- I am glad that your day with your food worked out okay for you.
Hopefully other Saturdays will be just as successful

IrishCanary -- sounds like a weekend of lots of fun so far-- and enjoy the swim and the walk

Cornell -- I have had a few ear issues too. Hate getting my ears syringed -- I was told by my doctor that not much helps-- If you get wax you get wax - but I will try what you have been told. Worth trying

I had a good day with my food today. Have my weigh in day in a few days time. Not sure how it will go as I have had a bit of a mixed up week.
Anyhow today has been a good day so far.
Cheers everybody. Will check in tomorrow morning

Cyber Crystal

Diana3271
05-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Follow me over to the new thread! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/259412-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-5-20-12-a.html