Ideal Protein Diet - Vacations

View Full Version : Vacations

kmc1021
05-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I know a lot of ya'll have gone on vacation and stayed OP. I will be going back home for a week and a half in July. Back home means all the good things I miss being away. I don't plan on splurging, but I do want to eat some of the things I can't get here. (Good Polish food!!) I will go right back on plan when I come home.

Here is my question. For the week and a half I will only want to eat dinners differently. I would say four out of the 10/11 days I will be gone will be off program. Should I just continue my two packets a day and my snack and eat dinner, or do I phase off for that week? Since I won't be going over board do I need to phase off before then? I really don't want to do that, but if I have to.

Thanks peeps

Sammi67
05-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Great Questions, I am looking forward to reading the answers. I am going on vacation in June and my coach told me we will talk about it more when it gets closer. I will stay tuned to see who has anu personal experience. Good LUCK!!

CassiR
05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Generally you need to phase out so that your pancreas can start working properly. You don't want to overwhelm it and in phase 3 you will gradually start waking it up. Only once per day though. This is really important!
You should do at least 1 week of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3. Phase 3 is the most important phase of this program and must be at least the full 2 weeks.

Good luck and have fun!

kmc1021
05-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks! I don't plan on eating any breads, chips, potatoes, or pasta stuff. I just want some good soup and the rest of the dinners maybe have extra tomatoes or a little extra oil/butter but aren't horrible!

Chloe222
05-13-2012, 08:50 AM
I agree with Cassie, phasing off is important. If possible, take 2 weeks for phase 2 and 2 weeks for phase 3. I still lost 4 pounds in the 2 weeks I did phase 2 and now into phase 3 I'm down a tad, so don't be fearful about doing this. Also by doing this, you are providing yourself the best possible insurance against an unwanted weight spike from those 4 Polish dinners.

There's a great post by JennyDoodle I think that discusses phasing off for vacation if you can find it (or someone can and post it here).

kmc1021
05-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks Chloe. I just found that post and read it. I am not going to Germany but will feel like I am in Poland!

Momto2cs
05-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I never phase off before a trip. I try to use packets for unimportant meals (breakfast, snacks) and then try to keep my other meals as low carb as possible while still enjoying.
I have found that maintaining required a low carb diet for me. I still avoid fruit and grains.
The real trick is getting back on phase 1 when you return. It can be tough.