Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Weekend 5/12/12-5/13/12

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051)

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Morning everyone! I cannot believe I got to put up the daily thread...although I don't know, maybe I am hallucinating, in which case this will get ALL screwed up. I did realize early on this morning (6:15AM) that even though I was exhausted my very first instinct was to go weigh myself. I am still fighting that urge, so I figured I'd come on here to get rid of the urge.

I downloaded roughly 300 pics last night to put up on my blog, which I suppose I can work on this morning (need to resize and modify so they don't end up HUGE etc.) I don't think I'm ready to walk past the guest bathroom yet though, where the scale is lurking, waiting to to snatch me up into a downward spiral of disappointment, hope, and ultimately acceptance since my weigh in isn't until Monday.

So here is my picture this morning, to remind me that the scale is not the be all, end all, and that life DOES go on.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u167/californiapersiancat/zoomer.jpg

~Kara
SW: 194.8
W1: 189.8
W2: 185.0

wendywendy
05-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Good morning all..
Thank you for all yor suggestions yesterday. One suggestion for milk replacement was EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake. Where do you all buy this product from. I live in Canada but do travel to Buffalo NY for shopping occaisionally. So if we don't have this product available here i can cross the border....such a good excuse to go shopping! Hehehe. DH is doing IP with me so he's super supportive and is eager to save $$$ where we can. Our coach is pretty strict but i saw on here someone mention Molly Mcbutter...is this allowed on IP phase 1? It sure would help in the veggie flavor area.

Dakin
05-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Good morning IP family!
DH and I are off for a motorcycle ride to raise funds for ACS, then attending a Blue's Fest. I should have no problem staying OP as the meal after the ride is a chicken BBQ and I'm sure there will be salad. I'll put a WF dressing packet in the saddle bag, along with my celery and green pepper before we head out.
Maybe I'll even get a little exercise in boogie-groovin' to some Blues!
Sneak peek at my home scale has me smiling today.... looks like I may have broken through that horrid plateau!
Wishing everyone a GREAT DAY!

Tripmama
05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
GM iPeeps

Hope everyone has a great IP weekend. First home game for baseball today, so pretty excited for that but I need to pack food to stay OP. No plans for Mother's Day that I know of. Plan on continuing to be a loser all weekend long!

WingnutandMe
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning, all.

Back home and back to work. Boo. I did have my WI and for two weeks lost 4.8 lbs. That has raised my spirits. Did not weigh last week being in Michigan at the cottage.

It's raining here and rain is forecast for the next few days. Glad most of my things to do today are inside, except for the weekly grocery shopping. Having been gone for 10 days, the frig is pretty empty.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Molly

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Molly ~ Congrats on the loss! Especially since you were a bit out of your "comfort zone" :) I hope you stay warm and dry today. It's supposed to get like, 80 degrees here today and sunny, so I think that "might" mean I need to walk the dogs...thank goodness they can't read!

Dakin ~ Stay tough today and don't forget your sunscreen :)

As for me, ugh, I should really stop lurking on the boards today and get some stuff done, but it's one of the few days I have that DH is gone and it's just sooo nice to not pamper someone other than myself for a day lol! I'll have to clean before dinner since my folks are coming over (DH tends to get hostile when people show up at our house so we rarely get visitors)...Maybe I'll paint my nails today... be girlie...

usmcvet
05-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have an awesome day and weekend. Yard work and a trip to the pool with the kids is what is on the schedule for today.

YankeeFan14040
05-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.

prettygirlusaf
05-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I just cheated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even believe I was not thinking!!!! I am making a pasta salad for my daughters track potluck and I tested a dang noodle to see if it was done!!! I know it is just 1 noodle, so I am sure I will be OK. I am not craving or wanting any of the salad, I just simply tested ONE noodle to make sure it was not to hard/mushy for the salad. In 17 days that is the ONLY bite of anything not OP that I have had. I am making a batch for my kids at home as well, this time I will have my daughter test the pasta :)

prettygirlusaf
05-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I should be fine since all I do is the choc/vanilla drinks and hardly ever any restricteds. The only one I like is the SW cheese curls, and I can't manage more than half a bag at a time.

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.

There is a company called Wegmans in the Buffalo NY area I guess they sell it for about $3.49/bottle? for the Walden Farms at least. And here is the "store locator" from Walden Farms: http://www.waldenfarms.com/store_locator.html
(http://www.waldenfarms.com/store_locator.html)

Sorry I don't know anything about DaVinci or Torani, not familiar with the names.

Momto2cs
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Morning all!
It is dance recital day for my dd. 2 shows. The girls all look so cute! But we will miss my ds football game. Sigh. Good thing we only have 2 kids! One per parent!

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Watching Sex in the City this morning. I'd like to point out, I've NEVER been the size of any of my friends that we could swap clothes and all still look fabulous...just saying...good soundtrack though.

mooselover
05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
GM iPeeps

Hope everyone has a great IP weekend. First home game for baseball today, so pretty excited for that but I need to pack food to stay OP. No plans for Mother's Day that I know of. Plan on continuing to be a loser all weekend long!

I hope we are all losers all weekend long ;) I have a new appreciation for the word loser. I am proud to be a loser :carrot:

mooselover
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I downloaded roughly 300 pics last night to put up on my blog, which I suppose I can work on this morning (need to resize and modify so they don't end up HUGE etc.) I don't think I'm ready to walk past the guest bathroom yet though, where the scale is lurking, waiting to to snatch me up into a downward spiral of disappointment, hope, and ultimately acceptance since my weigh in isn't until Monday.

So here is my picture this morning, to remind me that the scale is not the be all, end all, and that life DOES go on.

~Kara

Are you going to give us the link to your blog? ;)

mooselover
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Good morning all..
Thank you for all yor suggestions yesterday. One suggestion for milk replacement was EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake. Where do you all buy this product from. I live in Canada but do travel to Buffalo NY for shopping occaisionally. So if we don't have this product available here i can cross the border....such a good excuse to go shopping! Hehehe. DH is doing IP with me so he's super supportive and is eager to save $$$ where we can. Our coach is pretty strict but i saw on here someone mention Molly Mcbutter...is this allowed on IP phase 1? It sure would help in the veggie flavor area.

I get my EAS Carb Control Drinks at Sams Club. I have seen them at Safeway and other stores in the Health Food sections. By the pharmacy. I am sorry I am not familiar with the stores in your area. Good luck finding them. They are a huge cost savings and the only non IP product I am using. But I just like a little bit in my morning coffee, along with WF Carmel Syrup :) Makes my mornings wonderful.

fam4me
05-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I hope we are all losers all weekend long ;) I have a new appreciation for the word loser. I am proud to be a loser :carrot:

Looking great.....I agree, I'm so excited to be a "loser", too!

GirlinNYC
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol....weighed in after 6 days and lost 3lbs. I'm so motivated by all your postings that I decided I should start participating! You an order WF products on:

www.netrition.com.

I have a few questions I've been dying to ask.

Does everyone measure out their veggies?
Do you use olive oil or not?

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

GirlinNYC
05-12-2012, 12:52 PM
One more question...How do I get the icon with my tracked weight loss at the bottom of the post? I can't figure it out.

evepet
05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
One more question...How do I get the icon with my tracked weight loss at the bottom of the post? I can't figure it out.

Your tracker becomes available through the 'User CP' button once you've been a member of this site for 20 days and have min 20 posts here.

evepet
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Happy Weekend everyone! Nothing major to report, just popping in to say 'Hi' to all and wish everyone a great weekend. I agree with TripMama and MooseLover... I definitely have a new appreciation for being a 'loser'. :D:D

Stay strong everyone... remember You Can Do This!! :carrot:

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Your tracker becomes available through the 'User CP' button once you've been a member of this site for 20 days and have min 20 posts here.

I'm counting down the days to be able to have my tracker, May 23rd can't come fast enough! So many days to look forward to, weigh ins, trackers, milestones, oh my!

evepet
05-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol....weighed in after 6 days and lost 3lbs. I'm so motivated by all your postings that I decided I should start participating! You an order WF products on:

www.netrition.com.

Hello GirlinNYC, and Welcome. :)

The protocol is very definite about 2 cups of veggies with both lunch and dinner, and I've consistently measured mine. As I sometimes use frozen vegs, sometimes it's hard to know if it's totally on or not... but I still put it in a measuring cup and make it as close as I can.

Yes, you can use olive oil - just keep within the protocol of 2 tsp/day. As an alternative I frequently use coconut oil. It's amazingly healthy stuff - just google and you'll find all sorts of info on it's benefits.

Jonsgurl0531
05-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Walmart is the cheapest place for EAS if you do not have a Sams Club card.

3sisters
05-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Good Morning everyone!

My computer was on the fritz last week - I was having withdrawals not being able to read the daily posts! Down 1.5 lbs at my last weigh-in, I'll take it! Every little bit gets me closer to my next goal - the 70's! I've had a lot of trouble with the big "C", bought some "Smooth Move" tea yesterday. Not a fan of the taste (licorice taste) but if it does the trick, I can tolerate it!

To all the Moms out there - have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Tinawebb
05-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Mooselover you look great!

Up North Girl
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I am a professor in a community college, and the end of the semester is always a whirlwind. Last night was graduation, and most of the faculty always go out for food and a drinks after. I was amazed that I could sit next to everyone eating all sorts of junk food, and really say, I can make it without eating. It did take some mental exercise to not fall back into old patterns, but I can truly say I did not need any food. This is a new experience for me-- I LOVE this diet!!!

WingnutandMe
05-12-2012, 03:13 PM
You an order WF products on: www.netrition.com.

Netrition also has DaVinci and Torani sugar free syrups, plus flavored stevia. All great for adding to drinks, etc.

Molly

atho128
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Getting my tracker today!! yayyy! Just checking to see if it works!

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend so far! I'm back home visiting my parents for a little bit and am really nervous about still losing! Last night for dinner we had fish and grilled squash/zucchini, but I still felt weird because I didn't cook it myself haha

NewPath
05-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Good Morning everyone!

My computer was on the fritz last week - I was having withdrawals not being able to read the daily posts! Down 1.5 lbs at my last weigh-in, I'll take it! Every little bit gets me closer to my next goal - the 70's! I've had a lot of trouble with the big "C", bought some "Smooth Move" tea yesterday. Not a fan of the taste (licorice taste) but if it does the trick, I can tolerate it!

3 Sisters, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

It sounds like you doing great! Congratulations!
Where can I get somw "Smooth Move"?
I have yet to have a problem with the big "C", until today.
I am quite puzzled(and uncomfortable), as I had 4 cups of spinach yesterday!!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend:hug:

atho128
05-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I use laxa tea by celestial seasons.. you can get it anywhere that sells tea. I get mine at walmart or albertsons and its DELICIOUS. I wish I could drink it more often haha

NewPath
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Getting my tracker today!! yayyy! Just checking to see if it works!

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend so far! I'm back home visiting my parents for a little bit and am really nervous about still losing! Last night for dinner we had fish and grilled squash/zucchini, but I still felt weird because I didn't cook it myself haha

Way to GO!!!!!
Welcome!
I could not wait to get my tracker.
Now that I have one, I cannot wait to be weighed!!!:carrot:
Congrats on the tracker!

Nibblet
05-12-2012, 03:32 PM

I find the Da Vinci and Torani syrups at Costco. They aren't too expensive there.

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 03:38 PM
OK , so I need to find out whether or not this is something that can be had or not, as my mother in law, who was on IP until last week with coach and all advised it was alright due to the protein content.
http://www.julianbakery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Carb-Zero-Bread-Regular-470x372.jpg
It's called Smart Carb Bread, and has net carbs of 0-2g on average. The pic I posted is the 0 carb bread, I have one slice of the cinnamon and one of the "plain".
Nutrition info on the bread is:
Cal: 59
Fat 2.5g
Sat Fat: 0g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg
Carb: 9g
Fiber: 9g
Net Carb:0
Sugars:0
Protein:9g

thoughts?? I tried finding this in the forums but no dice yet. Or would this be a phase 4 thing that would be a healthy bread option? So confused!! Oh, the "plain" has 12g of protein and the cinnamon has 14g.

sprite613
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone and Happy Mother's Day Weekend to all the moms out there. I have to say that you guys all truly make the world go 'round! I don't know where I would be without my mom's love and support over the years.

So far it's been a good day, back to work and feeling pretty good after my first WI. Actually feeling GREAT since I got dressed this morning. My work pants were MUCH looser!! A little NSV that made me do a happy dance in front of the mirror at 5am! :carrot:

Like a few of the other new girls on here, I can't wait to get my tracker also. I want to see it move on down the line!!

Have a great weekend everybody and stay strong if you're going out to eat tomorrow.

PS Thanks to everyone with progress pics! Every time I see them I get so inspired :)

SoSo
05-12-2012, 04:27 PM
World market has Torani syrups and Davinci has a web site , just google it and you can find them at several places online.

Anita43
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM

www.netrition.com.

Hi, I am new as well and also lost three lbs. the first week. I do measure out all the veggies and especially the ones in my salads along with lettuce. My favorite dressing for the salad is the 2 tsp. of olive oil and Walden Farm Balsamic Vinigrette.

LizRR
05-12-2012, 05:44 PM
What a day! Did my body pump, went to a downtown festival, hit the playground, grocery shopping, and finally the baby is napping and I get to catch up on all you wonderful losers!

I get my EAS Carb Control Drinks at Sams Club. I have seen them at Safeway and other stores in the Health Food sections. By the pharmacy. I am sorry I am not familiar with the stores in your area. Good luck finding them. They are a huge cost savings and the only non IP product I am using. But I just like a little bit in my morning coffee, along with WF Carmel Syrup :) Makes my mornings wonderful.

Muscle Milk Light is a similar product, if you can't find EAS Carb Control:
MML=calories 100, fat 2.5g, protein 15g, carbs 5g - fiber 1g, sugar 0g
EAS=calories 110, fat 3g, protein 17g, carbs 4g - fiber 1g, sugar 0g

www.netrition.com.

WELCOME!!!!! I was a staunch veggie measurer at the beginning, now I can 'eyeball' it - but am still very confident it's at 4 cups/day. I use olive oil for a lot of veggie roasting and salad dressing. I use the daily 2tsp allotment.

Good Morning everyone!

Congratulations on the WI!

OK , so I need to find out whether or not this is something that can be had or not, as my mother in law, who was on IP until last week with coach and all advised it was alright due to the protein content.
http://www.julianbakery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Carb-Zero-Bread-Regular-470x372.jpg
It's called Smart Carb Bread, and has net carbs of 0-2g on average. The pic I posted is the 0 carb bread, I have one slice of the cinnamon and one of the "plain".
Fat 2.5g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg

thoughts?? I tried finding this in the forums but no dice yet. Or would this be a phase 4 thing that would be a healthy bread option? So confused!! Oh, the "plain" has 12g of protein and the cinnamon has 14g.

There was a thread on this before recently, I believe it was Phase 4 appropriate. We are 'free' to use 0/0/0 items, this product doesn't meet that for Phase 1.

Lala0620
05-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Does anyone have a good sturgeon recipe?

I had my 1st weigh in yesterday, down six pounds and 3 inches off my waist!! So excited!!!

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Great job on all of the NSV and SV, you are all working hard and taking charge of your life and I am proud of you!:high:

I seem to be starting my day feeling rather sluggish, not sure why. Maybe it was waking up at six am realizing DB wasn't in bed with me, lol, he fell asleep on the couch waiting for the fire in the wood stove to go so he could damper it down! Aww. It took a whole to go back to sleep and then his alarm went of so...

Despite all that I went to my #3 WI, I lost 3pounds and 1" from belly and thigh! :D

Hopefully I can use that to get motivated, there really is plenty to do. When isn't there? Lol

I just want to say Happy Mothers day to all of the mothers here, you are special!

I'm looking forward to trying the chili or the new pottage mix for lunch! I seem to be really hungry today as well. What gives?
Time for some tea, catch you all later. :)

GirlinNYC
05-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for everyone's reply! I haven't been measuring out my veggies and my coach never told me about the two tsp olive oil a day rule. I'll start following these rules asap. Been extra hungry today because I walked a few miles with friends in the afternoon. I read somewhere you can have an extra shake when you walk or exercise. Has anyone had experience with that?

WingnutandMe
05-12-2012, 06:38 PM
What a day! Did my body pump.

That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free. You know where they keep the regular (not diet) Mt. Dew, on the top shelf, above my 5'-6" head. So, I "pumped" 42 bottles out of the shelf rack over my head and into the shopping cart and 42 bottles out of the cart into the bed of our truck. He can bring them in when he comes home from work tonight. What you do for love. :dizzy:

Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started. :dance:

Hope everyone has great losses too.

Molly

usmcvet
05-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs. I had a RTD shake before spending two hours swimming/playing at the pool with the kids. The higher Carb food was suggested to me prior to a tough workout like splitting wood because on IP we don't have the extra capacity our muscles need from a tough workout.

sunshinered
05-12-2012, 06:47 PM
That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free. You know where they keep the regular (not diet) Mt. Dew, on the top shelf, above my 5'-6" head. So, I "pumped" 42 bottles out of the shelf rack over my head and into the shopping cart and 42 bottles out of the cart into the bed of our truck. He can bring them in when he comes home from work tonight. What you do for love. :dizzy:

Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started. :dance:

Molly

A work out in the grocery store. Perfect! ha ha. Great job on 50lbs. What an accomplishment! Congrats. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Sewmam
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh boy, I'll never catch up on all the messages, but I'll say quick hello to everybody!

I just got finished with my garage sale. Yesterday was pretty busy. Slower today, but my dear brother stopped by and a friend down the road stopped by with his guitar, I had my mountain dulcimer, so we played some music and gabbed for hours. It really passed the time. Then my neighbor stopped by and he actually fixed a flat in my riding mower, bless his heart. I don't know how much money I made, but every little bit helps. Now I'll have a few loads of stuff to bring to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity.

Time to fix my dinner and decide if I have any energy left to practice my music or just read or just watch TV....Doctor Who is on in an hour....

PEIslandGirl
05-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I am heading in the US in a few weeks. Anyone out there live around the Bangor area that could give me tips on what is available in the area for alternatives?

LizRR
05-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Molly

Congratulations on the Big 5-0! And bodypump is a 60 minute light weight/high rep weightlifting class...so sounds a lot like what you did today, I may have had it a little easier!

Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs. I had a RTD shake before spending two hours swimming/playing at the pool with the kids. The higher Carb food was suggested to me prior to a tough workout like splitting wood because on IP we don't have the extra capacity our muscles need from a tough workout.

My coach advised me to split a restricted half before and half after my weightlifting class, but its so close to my mealtime I found it works for me to have my full restricted before, then my meal after. I definitely need that extra packet on workout day...I am getting HUNGRY!

LSJ100
05-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone! I'm happy to report WI 6 went well even with TOM...I said goodbye to another 2.8! This diet is the best!

haddy4
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Im so excited,,,i havent been in the 180's in 16 years..im 189..very happy..kinda of sad today tho..today is my daughters 20th birthday and she is at college and tomorrow is mothers day and i dont get to see her this year..first time ever..:( she is coming home to visit in 2 weeks so i keep telling myself to hold on but still miss her so much..just tried the ideal protein chocolate cookie..o my that was yummy..kinda of wish i could have 3 more ha ha no i will be strong ha ha ..any who hope everyone has a great day!!

dizzyjean
05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm a newbie, and had my second weigh it. I was worried I had not lost anything.
I was thinking that I could not succeed. But I lost 4 pounds, and I'm thinking that life is not just about what I eat. Some packets and veggies are boring, but life is more than that, and I won't always be eating this restricted diet.
I had the big mac in a bowl tonight for dinner, and it was very good. A home run.
I started at 202, now 193.

usmcvet
05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
So just posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here too.
My 9 year old is my best cheerleader. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.

Another NSV, I have been a week w/o my Omeprazole for a week. I could not go a day with out it prior to my recent weight loss, I would wake up at night and need to take it so I could sleep because my throat was on fire and I would dry heave. No more! I am not eating close to bed time and not eating the things that used to cause me problems.

DanafromAustin
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
3 Sisters, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

It sounds like you doing great! Congratulations!
Where can I get somw "Smooth Move"?
I have yet to have a problem with the big "C", until today.
I am quite puzzled(and uncomfortable), as I had 4 cups of spinach yesterday!!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend:hug:
I buy smooth move at target, works like a charm.
Oh boy, I'll never catch up on all the messages, but I'll say quick hello to everybody!
I
I just got finished with my garage sale. Yesterday was pretty busy. Slower today, but my dear brother stopped by and a friend down the road stopped by with his guitar, I had my mountain dulcimper, so we played some music and gabbed for hours. It really passed the time. Then my neighbor stopped by and he actually fixed a flat in my riding mower, bless his heart. I don't know how much money I made, but every little bit helps. Now I'll have a few loads of stuff to bring to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity.

Time to fix my dinner and decide if I have any energy left to practice my music or just read or just watch TV....Doctor Who is on in an hour....
My 14 year old just discovered Dr. Who. He's hooked.

swimcoachmomma
05-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Funny NSV today. Getting ready this morning and my 11yo DD came out looking a little strange. Her shirt was kind of gapping around the neck. She couldnt figure out what was up. It turns out I had put my shirt in her clean laundry because it was so small it could not possibly have been mine. It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.

Cadu
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hello Everybody. Very busy today, only had time to skim through all the posts, Just wanted to drop in, as I do daily to wish everyone a great OP day. (whats left of it)..Congrats on all WI's and NSV's

USMCVET - you sound like such a good dad...and you are doing fantastic on this program, your posts are always so upbeat.
Molly - 50 pounds gone! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

jenn04
05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
I have been steadily losing 2 lbs a week for the past couple of weeks. I think I am gonna hit the gym n add the extra Ip product in to see if it changes up my weightloss

YankeeLady57
05-12-2012, 09:28 PM
NSV ! My old size 20 jeans have been falling off me so I went today to find a new pair. I've been wearing a few of my old size 16 shirts so I grabbed a few different color jeans in16 from the rack -- the best fitting pair turned out to be a pair of size 14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!

willsmashfat
05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Molly - great job on getting rid of those 50lbs!

USMCVET - I know what you mean about now being ready to go shopping and back to the car. I now head up or downstairs (2 flights) to get something rather than saying "forget it".

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their "body image"? I still think of myself as being over 180 lbs. I am envious of people in the 170's - I can't get my head around the fact that I am in the 160's. How do you get yourself to accept the changes? I am afraid that if I don't accept this as my new reality, I will gain it all back.

Sonyasbug
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM

I was told I could use 1 oz of skim milk. I'm completely lactose intolerant so I use coffee mate original low fat. It has less #s then the skim milk. I haven't been told no otherwise.

auroragrl
05-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Big Day at the shop today (Mother's Day) - had to go 7 hours between breakfast and dinner, and for supper husband took me out for prime rib. I had 8 oz. meal - no potato, lettuce salad, but they had nothing for vegetables.

Kinda bummed - anyone think it hurt me? I had been doing so good.

mooselover
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Mooselover you look great!

Aww thanks :)

lisab
05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
HI all!
Happy Mother's Day to you moms out there.
Try to find non-food fun tomorrow!

cupcakecathy
05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
just went out to dinner for first time since starting program four days ago. Did good, salad with plain grilled chicken, olive oil and vinegar for dressing and water to drink. happy that I found food that fit within program :).

mooselover
05-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Look what I found growing on the edge of my garden today. Can anyone guess what it is??? Hint: A vegetable everyone has been talking about recently.

WingnutandMe
05-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Look what I found growing on the edge of my garden today. Can anyone guess what it is??? Hint: A vegetable everyone has been talking about recently.

Mmmmm, good. Just brought about 15 lbs back from Michigan with us. Not cold enough here in the south to grow it.

Yes, you pics are looking really good.

Molly

WingnutandMe
05-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Big Day at the shop today (Mother's Day) - had to go 7 hours between breakfast and dinner, and for supper husband took me out for prime rib. I had 8 oz. meal - no potato, lettuce salad, but they had nothing for vegetables.

Make a shake for your snack and add spinach. That will cover your missing veggies.

Molly

mooselover
05-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Mmmmm, good. Just brought about 15 lbs back from Michigan with us. Not cold enough here in the south to grow it.

Yes, you pics are looking really good.

Molly

There are 7 plants along the edge of the garden. I will have way more than I need. Last year I didn't do anything with them. I didn't know what to do. This year I will try all the great recipes everyone has told me about.

mooselover
05-12-2012, 11:08 PM
I had a great day. We took our boat out onto the Chena River for the first time. We just bought it last weekend. Then I did some yard work this afternoon. It is so nice to see the Birch trees and other plants starting to bloom around here. It was such a long winter. I have lots of good vegetables started in the greenhouse. The outside planting will begin around June 1st. I never thought I would be the type who would love to garden, but I LOVE TO GARDEN :) The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.

MaMaZu
05-12-2012, 11:23 PM
NSV ! My old size 20 jeans have been falling off me so I went today to find a new pair. I've been wearing a few of my old size 16 shirts so I grabbed a few different color jeans in16 from the rack -- the best fitting pair turned out to be a pair of size 14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!

Soooo exciting! Congrats!!!

auroragrl
05-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I had a great day. We took our boat out onto the Chena River for the first time. We just bought it last weekend. Then I did some yard work this afternoon. It is so nice to see the Birch trees and other plants starting to bloom around here. It was such a long winter. I have lots of good vegetables started in the greenhouse. The outside planting will begin around June 1st. I never thought I would be the type who would love to garden, but I LOVE TO GARDEN :) The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.

I lived in Kotzebue for 2 years and Fairbanks for 5. Spring was the best time! There are parts of Alaska I miss so much, other parts - not so much.;) Spring is always sweet after the long winters. June and September were my favorite months.

Forever29
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've been OP officially 1week now. My husband and I are both doing the diet. Really has been easy so far compared to HCG which I did around A year ago now. I had my first WI on Thursday and actually lost 9 lbs after only 5 days but I was disappointed that 7 lbs of it was muscle mass. I thought that the point behind the plan was to protect your lean muscle? I was just a little bummed that I lost muscle mass. As of today down 14 lbs. :)

mooselover
05-12-2012, 11:40 PM
I lived in Kotzebue for 2 years and Fairbanks for 5. Spring was the best time! There are parts of Alaska I miss so much, other parts - not so much.;) Spring is always sweet after the long winters. June and September were my favorite months.

I wondered if you had lived in Alaska when I saw your username. We live in North Pole. We have lived here 3 seperate times for a total of 9 years since 1996. We keep coming back. I guess we can't get enough of it. At least the summers anyway. Winters I could do without.

patns
05-13-2012, 12:32 AM

I don't understand what you are bummed about. This is an acceptable IP meal, you could have had some veggies after you came home. But what you had at the restaurant was fine.

Cadu
05-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their "body image"? I still think of myself as being over 180 lbs. I am envious of people in the 170's - I can't get my head around the fact that I am in the 160's. How do you get yourself to accept the changes? I am afraid that if I don't accept this as my new reality, I will gain it all back.

When I look in the mirror I still see the "old" me. but when I see pictures I can see the difference. Most days I still feel like the old me but some days I wake up and feel skinnier. But before IP it was the opposite, when I looked in the mirror I didnt think I was as big as I looked in pictures. The way I see myself is very warped. Its a strange thing.

Cadu
05-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Good morning everybody

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms... Today i am going to my brother in laws for mothers day brunch which they have every year. He and his wife are terrific cooks and I know that there is nothing there I can eat. It is gonna be a long tough day. I will bring my own food and get through it but honestly I wish I didnt have to go. The only cool thing is that I have not seen any of these people since Christmas when I weighed 42 pounds heavier (especially my DH's sister who is heavier then me now and we do not get along). :D

Have a wonderful day

Chloe222
05-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Morning everyone! I cannot believe I got to put up the daily thread...

~Kara
Kaypix,
Great job starting the thread! Love the cartoon! It makes me smile!

Where do you find these great cartoons?

Maybe we should have a thread for just weight loss cartoons? Something that's pure fun, good to read through when those tough times come and we've read through the daily chat and the recipes already.

Good morning all..
i saw on here someone mention Molly Mcbutter...is this allowed on IP phase 1? It sure would help in the veggie flavor area.
Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.

Good morning, all.

Back home and back to work. Boo. I did have my WI and for two weeks lost 4.8 lbs. That has raised my spirits. Did not weigh last week being in Michigan at the cottage.

Welcome back Molly! Glad you are home safe and sound! That's a lot of windshiled time. Congrats on the weight loss!

I buy these things from www.netrition.com. They carry all the brands you mention plus about 200-300 more and offer a flat shipping of $4.95 in the 48 states. I bought a lot of WF and Torani from them a couple of weeks ago. The expiration dates are pretty far out and now that I've gotten used to the taste of WF, I'm thinking I'll continue to use their products after IP to help maintain. Their prices are good too. Service has been fast. They offer weekly specials too, so you might want to get on their email list.

Chloe222
05-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol...

Welcome!! Nice weight loss! I used to measure but now eye ball as its been a few months of IP and have the hang of it.

I'm counting down the days to be able to have my tracker, May 23rd can't come fast enough! So many days to look forward to, weigh ins, trackers, milestones, oh my!
K, I also couldn't wait to get to my ticker! Oh, the decision, which avatar to use? LOL! It was fun. I think about changing mine for the fun of it but haven't gotten around to it.

I was amazed that I could sit next to everyone eating all sorts of junk food, and really say, I can make it without eating. It did take some mental exercise to not fall back into old patterns, but I can truly say I did not need any food. This is a new experience for me-- I LOVE this diet!!!

Congratulations!! When you can do that, you have this program licked! It's just a matter of time now till you reach your ideal weight.

Isn't it empowering when you realize you really CAN be around folks eating fattening (often very tasty) food and drink and you can abstain and still have a good time?

In the beginning it was very tough for me and I purposely cut some events short so I wouldn't torture myself. Now I'm fine. Can happily make it through cocktail hours, big dinners, coffee/desserts/after dinner drinks as long as I have my "survival pack" (Mio, tea bags, etc.) so I can also enjoy something.

Fat 2.5g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg

K,
Did you find this to be a tasty product?

That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free.
Congrats on the 50 pounds!! That's fabulous! I bet you feel great. And that workout! Well done. DH is quite happy I'm sure.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report WI 6 went well even with TOM...I said goodbye to another 2.8! This diet is the best!

Great weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Im so excited,,,i havent been in the 180's in 16 years..im 189..very happy..kinda of sad today tho..today is my daughters 20th birthday and she is at college and tomorrow is mothers day and i dont get to see her this year..first time ever..:( she is coming home to visit in 2 weeks so i keep telling myself to hold on but still miss her so much..
Congrats on the 180's!! Exciting! Re your DD, why don't you set up Skype so you can use your computers to see and talk? Bet your DD could set it up for you when she gets home and you'll be all set going forward.

I'm a newbie, and had my second weigh it. I was worried I had not lost anything.
I was thinking that I could not succeed. But I lost 4 pounds, and I'm thinking that life is not just about what I eat. Some packets and veggies are boring, but life is more than that, and I won't always be eating this restricted diet.
I had the big mac in a bowl tonight for dinner, and it was very good. A home run.

4 pounds gone! Nice! And Big Mac in a Bowl - one of my favorites! Amazing to think we can eat that and STILL lose weight! I will continue to eat that after I get to maintenance.

My 9 year old is my best cheerleader. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago.
Another NSV, I have been a week w/o my Omeprazole for a week.
UMCVet,
Two great NSVs!! Plus how terrific to have your son as your best cheerleader! He's right there with you at home, constant encouragement. Doesn't get better than that!

I have been steadily losing 2 lbs a week for the past couple of weeks. I think I am gonna hit the gym n add the extra Ip product in to see if it changes up my weightloss
Just a thought, try drinking a little more water and be sure you are getting all of your oil, salt and supplements in every day.

Wow!! That is amazing and so exciting! Enjoy the moment and know there are more right around the corner! Size 12 is just a few weeks away!

I think you will be A-OK. I keep a lot of bagged spinach at home and use it in my bedtime choc shake, ensures I get my veggies in plus makes the shake creamier.

Chloe222
05-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I had a great day. We took our boat out onto the Chena River for the first time. It is so nice to see the Birch trees and other plants starting to bloom around here. It was such a long winter. The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.
I'm always intrigued by places that have what I consider extreme weather. I live on the mid-Atlantic coast and we have mild weather. Today will be in the 70's. My friend's son left NJ and moved to Alaska to go to college, studying fire fighting, loved Alaska so much, he now lives there permanently. When asked what he loved so much, he said, "the people and the slower pace of life". I just keeping thinking about the long, dark, cold winters and how I would be housebound and fearful of getting stranded in snow and ice (and freezing to death).

I lived in Kotzebue for 2 years and Fairbanks for 5. Spring was the best time! There are parts of Alaska I miss so much, other parts - not so much.;) Spring is always sweet after the long winters. June and September were my favorite months. Myhusband really wants us to take an Alaskan cruise, everyone says its so pretty.

When I look in the mirror I still see the "old" me. but when I see pictures I can see the difference. Most days I still feel like the old me but some days I wake up and feel skinnier. But before IP it was the opposite, when I looked in the mirror I didnt think I was as big as I looked in pictures. The way I see myself is very warped. Its a strange thing.
I definitely still have a warped way of seeing myself. I still think I'm heavier than I am...we'll adjust and what we're going through is perfectly normal.

Good morning everybody

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms... Today i am going to my brother in laws for mothers day brunch which they have every year. He and his wife are terrific cooks and I know that there is nothing there I can eat. It is gonna be a long tough day. I will bring my own food and get through it but honestly I wish I didnt have to go. The only cool thing is that I have not seen any of these people since Christmas when I weighed 42 pounds heavier (especially my DH's sister who is heavier then me now and we do not get along). :D

Have a wonderful day
Ha!! LOL! Understand the SIL thing! Put on your prettiest clothes, makeup, the whole 9 yards and be sweet as can be. Let us know how it goes.

kmc1021
05-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I feel like I am such a slacker because I haven't responded to the daily in a few days! I have been reading, but that is all I seem to have time for! I am so happy to hear about all the good...no great, WIs! Keep it up!

I did my first meal out yesterday (well besides subway) and it went well. We went to o'charleys and I wanted a piece of the roll and my dressing for my salad, but I didn't give in and stayed 100% OP! Yeah!

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

If you are a mother happy mothers day!

usmcvet
05-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Happy Mother's day!

usmcvet
05-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Funny NSV today. Getting ready this morning and my 11yo DD came out looking a little strange. Her shirt was kind of gapping around the neck. She couldnt figure out what was up. It turns out I had put my shirt in her clean laundry because it was so small it could not possibly have been mine. It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.

So glad it is not just me. I have a 4, 6 & 9 year old. I am always getting the girls clothes mixed up, they are 4 & 6 years old and our little girl is in 5T's and our 6 year old is in size 6 so things get confusing. So my defense is to read the tags of things I am unsure about and put them in piles. I have the kids put their own laundry away and they're always laughing at me for getting things mixed up.

My wife and son are even harder sometimes,especially with TShirts, they're like the same size. The obvious feminine cut ones and the obvious little boy shirts are easy but some of them are just indistinguishable. So that is a source of frustration and comedy when I fold the clothes.

USMCVET - you sound like such a good dad...and you are doing fantastic on this program, your posts are always so upbeat.

Thanks Cadu being a Dad is the one thing in life like I feel I've always worked hardest at and done best at. My kids have kept me going many times when I just didn't want to even get out of bed.

Molly way to go! You must feel so much better. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Body image is one of my biggest problems too. I am very sensitive to begin with and the weight issues I've dealt with have made it tougher. We went to a water park about a month ago and I hate walking around w/o my shirt on but I did, I got plenty of looks, some not well hidden but at the time I was down 50#'s and kept telling myself I looked and felt better than I did a month before. Try to think about how much you have improved and pat yourself on the back. It will still be a struggle for some of us but we are all doing so well.

I think you're fine, just keep working the program. I hope you had something to eat before dinner. I got hungry just thinking about 7 hours between meals. :dizzy:

YankeeLady that's awesome!

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.

Congratulations! You have made incredible progress in a short time!

My 14 year old just discovered Dr. Who. He's hooked.

Yeah...it's been on for many years, but I never did start watching it until a few years ago, with the new incarnations. Now I'm totally hooked.

It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.

Love this! It's like we can't believe this could actually fit us, even when we put it on and it does... Yahoo!:carrot:

Hello Everybody.

Carol - I just noticed your photos --- you are BEAUTIFUL !!! What wonderful progress - hope you have a great day with your family gathering...

I don't think you'll gain it back. I do still look in the mirror and sometimes I'll see a stranger, but over time, and buying new clothes, it is sinking in, and I so totally enjoy the way I feel in cuter clothes, that I can't see myself ever going back. Don't worry...

I never thought I would be the type who would love to garden, but I LOVE TO GARDEN :) The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.

A greenhouse? I am so envious !!! I haven't planted anything yet this year because I was focusing on the house, and if I sell it, not sure what to plant, but I'll just have to put in some tomatoes and basil, at a minimum. I can't control myself !!! ;)

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

Maybe there is a way to reframe your vision of motherhood? I never had kids, and there have been times I wished I did, but it just wasn't in the cards. But, I love all my nieces and nephews so much. I know it's not the same as being a mom, but love is love. Hope you find some peace...:hug:

---

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there! When I read about how you are doing IP and raising kids, I am doubly impressed with your discipline to hang in there and the choice to improve your health so you can truly be around for your kids long term, and be a great health role model too.

I miss my dear Mom and will be thinking of her today, and how happy she'd be for me.

Have a great day everybody!!!

Tammywhiz
05-13-2012, 10:01 AM

Same for me. I never saw myself as big as I was until I looked at a picture. When I did look at the pictures, it was like looking at someone I didn't know. Now that I have lost some weight, I don't feel any different. I haven't seen any pictures of myself taken in the last few weeks, but last night I was out with some people I haven't seen for a few months. Everyone was so amazed at how good I looked. It was a real boost.

I hope that you have a great day, stay OP and make your sister-in-law green with envy !

Tammywhiz
05-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Happy Mother's Day everyone !

I decided to take myself shopping for a few hours yesterday. First time in many years that I have not had to migrate towards the plus size section of the store. Big NSV for me...I bought a sweater at Costco. I haven't been able to buy anything in a normal person size from Costco in years !!! A cute little hot pink sweater in an XLG. Wore it out last night with my new Levis that I bought in michigan last week (size 14 - but the cut must be made big cuz I am sure I would be a 16 or 18 in anything else) and a pair of healed sandals that I never wear because I don't like to be the towering fat lady. It was a real ego boost as everyone kept telling me how great and how much younger I looked. They even told DH that he better start keeping his eye on me...lol

Had a good time. Everyone was drinking very heavily to celebrate one of the girl's birthday but I stuck to my one diet 7 up for the evening. Drove everyone home and aside from being a bit tired, feel pretty good this morning. Better I am sure than any one of them !!!

Have a great day everyone.

CassiR
05-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Morning and Happy Mothers day everyone!

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday after WI. After a week in phase 3, I lost .2lbs LOL.. I'll just say I stayed the same.. although I am now in the 110's. It's a weird feeling!

The DH and I started a new workout plan yesterday and WOW today I am feeling it! I'm reading Lean Secrets by Brenda Turner. She has a diet plan and workout plan. Her diet plan is more of a clean eating-plant based diet. No wheat, way less grains, no regular dairy. She focuses on protein (animal protein and fat) with lots of intense workouts and many small meals. Anyways, we are trying out her workout plan that comes with the book. It's really good! She has us doing 15-30 mins of cardio right away in the AM. This can be a brisk walk, jog or run. We just ran in place and watched tv :rofl: Then, later in the day we do a full body circuit. She outlines everything.
I think I may try her diet plan for maintenance once I'm done with phase 3. I'm thinking about it. A lot of the plan coincides with IP so we'll see.

LizRR
05-13-2012, 10:21 AM

Good morning everybody

Have a wonderful day

Same for me. I never saw myself as big as I was until I looked at a picture. When I did look at the pictures, it was like looking at someone I didn't know. Now that I have lost some weight, I don't feel any different. I haven't seen any pictures of myself taken in the last few weeks, but last night I was out with some people I haven't seen for a few months. Everyone was so amazed at how good I looked. It was a real boost.

I hope that you have a great day, stay OP and make your sister-in-law green with envy !

I feel exactly the same way! I look in the mirror and feel the same, I need to take progress pictures and start accepting this new me. I'm hoping purging an entire wardrobe will help!

Oh, and Carol...I wish I was a fly on the wall to see your SILs face when she sees you!

sprite613
05-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Hiya dizzyjean, you sound a lot like me! How about we be diet buddies?! :hug: I'm new to this as well, it's my second week. It's kinda funny we started out at the same weight and we are the same height :D I also had the big mac in a bowl for dinner and it was pretty darn good (minus the pickles since I don't like them). I lost 4 pounds my first week and my work uniform pants are already fitting looser! You are so right that life is about more than boring food on occasison.

Stay strong through the bland stuff and you'll be down in stage 4 in no time. There are sooo many recipies on this forum alone to try to keep the boring-ness away.

Have a great OP weekend!!

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning and happy Mother's Day to those mothers. I am about to start work work (at least, at home). I traded working today to retrieve a vacation day from last week to use later this year on one of our trips to Michigan. DH is working a 12 hour shift and won't be home until 8:30PM, so working today is really no big deal.

Cadu, like Liz, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see your SIL expression. You have done soooooo well and look unbelievable. Like Wuv, you are a real role model.

Will check the forum every so often on my self-appointed breaks from work.

Molly

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 11:41 AM
There was a thread on this before recently, I believe it was Phase 4 appropriate. We are 'free' to use 0/0/0 items, this product doesn't meet that for Phase 1.
~ Ha ! I knew it! My mother in law and I tend to be competitive, and she said I'd lose weight faster because of my age and yada yada, and then gave me 4 slices of this bread because it was 0 carb! She knows I'm Phase I :devil: grrrr it's on like Donkey Kong now! Gonna go ride my bicycle to take out my frustration on the pavement.

Molly
Molly, congratulations on the loss! I'm thinking mine will start slow and stay slow, just cuz that's how I roll, but I'm ok with that. 50 pounds? 50!? That's like, a small child, or , my youngest dog (he's about 55 but eh)! You should be so totally proud!

Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs.
This is good to know. I don't do high intensity exercise, but like when I go on my walk, I just do it after taking my lunch packet but before eating my veggies (so I don't feel over full), but maybe I should have an extra one anyways when I get back? My loss has been "slow n steady" 5 lbs week 1, 4.8 week 2, thinking probably around 2 lbs this week or so (weigh in tomorrow)...I wonder if I'm actually having too FEW carbs.

Welcome to the thread DJ :) You'll love the people here, they are so motivational and supportive, it's just amazing :) :hug:

Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.
I had a similar NSV last night. I went to JCPenney to get a Magic Bullet blender (they only had a JCP brand so I got that instead), and I parked on the side of the store I THOUGHT had house ware, only to realize it was the opposite side. Instead of moving my truck (as I would have done a month ago) I jumped out, walked quick through the store to my destination, got my blender and got out :) Probably actually saved time by not trying to find another parking spot too! ;)

NSV !14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!
Wow, what an awesome "mistake" to make! :)

Kaypix,
Great job starting the thread! Love the cartoon! It makes me smile!
Where do you find these great cartoons?

Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.
Not a problem, I was trying to avoid the scale and the cartoon really "spoke" to me. As far as where I found it, I have entirely too much free time on my hands, and I have to "obsess" about stuff to succeed in a way that I am satisfied, and that current obsession is, you guessed it, weight loss. So I scoured Photobucket last week looking for inspirational posters and what not. I have the first 80 dedicated to exercise and why to do it, that's on my blog now. I plan on doing one for motivation / perseverance, one for diet specific (don't eat that etc.) and one for humor/crude humor. blog is kaypix.wordpress.com (http://kaypix.wordpress.com) and I'm putting up IP recipes I find here that I would eat as well as comparisons with alternative products.

K, I also couldn't wait to get to my ticker! Oh, the decision, which avatar to use? LOL! It was fun. I think about changing mine for the fun of it but haven't gotten around to it.
--Chloe - I'll be in the same boat when it's time for mine I am sure :) I used to use ticker factory.com when I was on ***************.net (ww program forum) but am excited to see what's all out there :)

K,
Did you find this to be a tasty product?
--Chloe - very much so, but not the same as "Wonder" or the regular bleached flour bread, which is a huge trigger food for me. One slice with real butter (high fat, no carb) was enough to satisfy me through lunch, and I had that instead of my shake since it had 14g of protein in it. Would I do it again? Not on this phase, so 3 slices are getting tossed or frozen this week.

paulimapi
05-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin. I know it's basically calorie/sugar free, but I've only seen here that we're allowed Splenda and Stevia so I've just been using Stevia except for those 2/3 drops of saccharin.
How terrible is this? lol I know it can't be too bad but I should tell my grandma to use stevia next time..

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 11:47 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU FABULOUS MOMS OUT THERE!!!

So I actually felt so good today (not sure why, but what the heck right?) I took a break from reading the forums to go brush the dogs, AGAIN (I hate this time of year, they shed buckets on an almost daily basis). I am pumping myself up to go on a bicycle ride at exactly 1:30 PM (it's 9:42AM now) since that's the time of day I usually walk at and figure I'll be in the most mindset to work out. My tires have air and I'm telling myself it'll be great and my legs will thank me for this in a month. I hope to ride half an hour each day on the weekend and one evening during the week, along with my 1/2 hour walking during lunch. Trying to start boosting my metabolism and see if I can't start bringing up my loss #'s a bit. Mini goal is still 14 pounds away and t-minus 6 weeks...well, unless I back up the goal to 175 in which case it's only what, 9 pounds away? That's a little less scary for me but 170 would look SOOOO much better in a pair of chaps!

DH still gone today, so I'll be crunching on my blog like crazy, doing laundry, playing with the dogs to keep them off my back, and overall just having a fun "me" day.

Ahh and I made a cappucino type drink thingy this morning in my brand new magic-bullet-knockoff blender thingy! It was OMG Amazing!! What'd I use, 5 ice cubes, my Keurig on the smallest setting (6 oz?) and one scoop of my GNC protein powder. It was literally so good I wanted a second, and then realized 40g of protein for breakfast COULD be a little ya know, unbalanced... lol. Well, I'm off to go spas out about where I put my phone... I know it's in a safe place... somewhere... I think?

~Kara ;)

jcjnjj
05-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone! Have a happy Mother's Day!!! We are going to take the kids to the Zoo and then Mama here is going to watch a movie and take a nap (my "treat" for the day)!

jcjnjj
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
I feel like I am such a slacker because I haven't responded to the daily in a few days! I have been reading, but that is all I seem to have time for! I am so happy to hear about all the good...no great, WIs! Keep it up!

I did my first meal out yesterday (well besides subway) and it went well. We went to o'charleys and I wanted a piece of the roll and my dressing for my salad, but I didn't give in and stayed 100% OP! Yeah!

Read your post and wanted to give you a big hug (even though I don't know ya!). <<HUG>>

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
**Update: Blond moment: phone was sitting by me on the bed, and I realized the reason I had so much energy was that my coffee was regular, not decaf, and I hardly ever let myself have caffein because I'm "normally" hyper, and caffein kind of sends me into overdrive... *sigh*

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 12:12 PM

I sorry :( This mothers day was a "little" rough for me cuz I lost my still-in-the-oven baby a month and 9 days ago, and DH had told me (obviously before that) that he'd start celebrating mother's day even when I was "preggers" cuz I was still a mom. And that didn't happen, and so he's out of state today. Suck.

What do you teach? We were done with school on the 2nd of May and grades were due to the 8th, ugh! College kids aren't much better than middle schoolers I decided ;)

ProteinGal
05-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin. I know it's basically calorie/sugar free, but I've only seen here that we're allowed Splenda and Stevia so I've just been using Stevia except for those 2/3 drops of saccharin.
How terrible is this? lol I know it can't be too bad but I should tell my grandma to use stevia next time..

LOL, OMG, you're going to gain 10lbs, you better do a cleanse right now. Just kidding girl, don't sweat the small stuff. Just learn from it and move on and tell your grandma not to buy that crap no more ;)

mylastdiet
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Good Morning! I am reporting this morning from inside of Walmart where I just bought two NEW flavors of MIO !!!
Lemonade and Blueberry-Lemonade.
I can't wait to get home to try them.
Happy Mothers Day!

DanafromAustin
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I could have written your post as I'm sure many of us could. Hopefully in time our minds will see the reality of how fabulous we are all looking now, but I know it will take time.

My coach doesn't even allow Splenda, but I'm sure you didn't hurt anything with that pinch of saccharin.

I sorry :( This mothers day was a "little" rough for me cuz I lost my still-in-the-oven baby a month and 9 days ago, and DH had told me (obviously before that) that he'd start celebrating mother's day even when I was "preggers" cuz I was still a mom. And that didn't happen, and so he's out of state today. Suck.

What do you teach? We were done with school on the 2nd of May and grades were due to the 8th, ugh! College kids aren't much better than middle schoolers I decided ;)
I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully next Mother's Day will bring you more happiness.

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Molly, congratulations on the loss! I'm thinking mine will start slow and stay slow, just cuz that's how I roll, but I'm ok with that. 50 pounds? 50!? That's like, a small child, or , my youngest dog (he's about 55 but eh)! You should be so totally proud!

Well, I'm off to go spas out about where I put my phone... I know it's in a safe place... somewhere... I think?

~Kara ;)

Hi Kara,

Hadn't thought about 50 lbs being a small child or a dog. :?: Thanks for that thought.

Glad you found your phone. You know those "safe places." My DH says, He never loses anything, just loses that safe place. I find that happens a lot, not just to him, but me, too. Ah, but we can get away with calling it a "senior moment." :lol:

My sympathies to you about your recent loss. :hug:

Molly

P.S. bookmarked your blog for when I'm not working.

prettygirlusaf
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. [/B]They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.

I was wondering if you have noticed any negative affects on the scale with these? I am really needing something to jazz up my veggies, I do't eat any type of salad dressings. Anyway, I love this idea, I just noticed that some of the ingedients are like corn syrup solids and actual cheese but am thinking that it is so small of an ammount that I am hoping it has no affect. As long as I just use the 1/2 tsp serving.

evepet
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Sorry this is a rough day for both of you. :hug:

DanafromAustin
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there. We are all going out to brunch this morning, and I'm sure I will find next to nothing to eat, other than some eggs, but I'm happy to just spend the time with my husband, kids, mom and one of my brothers and his family.

When I picked up my mom at the airport yesterday she couldn't believe how much thinner I looked from the last time I saw her. I've lost another 20 pounds since the last time I saw her, and while I think I look the same, she said there has been a big change. My sister in law said I look like a sliver of my old self. Nothing better than all of those positive statements from everyone.

Have a great day everyone!

prettygirlusaf
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Kara,

Hadn't thought about 50 lbs being a small child or a dog. :?: Thanks for that thought.

Molly, my almost 6 yr old, also named Molly :) after my great aunt, is almost 50 lbs....... so Molly you lost a Molly :). It's amazing how much just 1 lb of fat is, so when I look at my body, knowing I am pretty muscular, I am looking forward to losing the equivalent of my daughter in blobby fat!!! Good job!!

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Molly

P.S. bookmarked your blog for when I'm not working.
When I lost weight last time, I compared each amount lost to something in my life that I was no longer "carrying" around with me, I have unloaded bowling balls, cats, squirrels, a piece of rebar, lol you name it! Sometimes when I'm feeling "really" down I'll go scrounge around until I find something that I know the weight of (DH's laptop = 8 lbs) , pick it up and think "huh, this is what I'm not carrying around anymore, dangit I should be proud of this!" My cousin who is on WW lost about 35 lbs, and that was the weight of her youngest son at the time. I told her she could be carrying him around with her ALL the time instead of just when he said "mommy pick me up!" She appreciated the sentiment lol, saying he got held enough as it was and she didn't miss the extra weight one bit.

I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully next Mother's Day will bring you more happiness.

It's ok, well, not really OK but it's "eh" and will be OK in the future. Still a little raw when I think about it but for the most part I am forging ahead to a bright new future. Will try again next year for a little 'bean' to be toddling around in the world (called it a bean cuz that's what it looked like on the ultrasound).

And I'm back on the forums again, GAH fail! LoL but hey, bright side, I'm getting other stuff done too lol , at least for now.

evepet
05-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Kara,

So proud of you!!!! 50 lbs lost!! Yoohoo! :carrot:

GirlinNYC
05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi Everyone!! Happy Mother's Day! I'm going to my Aunt's to celebrate, and she is pretty health conscious, but usually has a huge spread of cheeses, salads, spreads, ect. I can manage not indulging for the appetizers, but I'm nervous she's not going to have anything IP friendly for the main meal. I hate sticking out at social functions. What do you all do when it's really not appropriate to pull out a packet, but you're expected to participate in a somewhat healthy meal, which isn't IP friendly? The worst is my mother, who pretends to be supportive, but weighs 103 lbs and freaks out when the scale reaches 105. She rolls her eyes at me when I'm dieting. She thinks I should just be able to do it like her and my sisters (both thin as well) and I've never been able to. I don't want to stick out today, and I don't want to cheat. Thoughts??

evepet
05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Good Day everyone - and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on here. :D Hope you all have a great day.

Cadu - read your comments about in the past not feeling as heavy as you actually were. That describes me too - I was always surprised (unpleasantly so of course) anytime I saw myself in a picture. I haven't yet lost enough for it to be really noticeable to anyone else, but I do see a major difference in certain of my clothes. I put on my favorite cotton 'lounging' set today, and it pretty much hangs on me these days. Still comfy though.

BTW - I too wish I could be a fly on the wall at the brunch today. I'm sure your SIL will be very envious of your new look!

I've read everyone's posts from earlier today, and want to congratulate everyone for staying OP and doing so well. I'm doing well, staying OP myself and just 'marching forward'. Today will be a fairly quiet day (I'm not a Mom - so no celebrations for me)... I'm actually going to look for another good 'diet related' book to read, and emerse myself in that.

Yesterday I did get my balcony cleaned up in readiness for planting in a couple of weeks. Here in Ont, Canada it's best to wait until after the May 24th/Victoria Day weekend to make sure there's no more frosts. It was a fairly big job yesterday, as this year I needed to totally replace all the soil in my containers (and I have quite a few)... had to empty them all, and put that old soil in containers that were a manageable weight for me to walk with, and haul them all over to a nearby vacant lot and dump it there. I wasn't looking forward to the job and I am glad to have it done... now the much more fun part of bringing in new soil, and the actual seeding and/or planting can soon begin. I have a couple of aches and pains today that probably come from that activity yesterday.

MooseLover - I really envy you your greenhouse btw! And all those wonderful rhubarb plants! :) (also so glad to read recently that you've been feeling better lately).

Everyone have a great Sunday. Stay OP. Cheers for now.

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi Everyone!! Happy Mother's Day! I'm going to my Aunt's to celebrate, and she is pretty health conscious, but usually has a huge spread of cheeses, salads, spreads, ect. I can manage not indulging for the appetizers, but I'm nervous she's not going to have anything IP friendly for the main meal. I hate sticking out at social functions. What do you all do when it's really not appropriate to pull out a packet, but you're expected to participate in a somewhat healthy meal, which isn't IP friendly? The worst is my mother, who pretends to be supportive, but weighs 103 lbs and freaks out when the scale reaches 105. She rolls her eyes at me when I'm dieting. She thinks I should just be able to do it like her and my sisters (both thin as well) and I've never been able to. I don't want to stick out today, and I don't want to cheat. Thoughts??

I sorry :( You will get through today! Let's see, you could make up a shake in advance, put it in the fridge to stay cold, and pour it into a empty Starbucks bottle (the ones you get at gas stations etc.?) and pretend you're just drinking that...or, slice about 5 cucumbers and make a "Mothers Day" veggie tray out of them, broccoli, cauliflower etc. and bring your WF dressing to sneak and put on your plate instead of the "actual" ranch in the veggie tray? Take that bar you mentioned, chop it up into 1/2" x 1/2" pieces and put it in a baggie of some sort so you can "snack" on something that doesn't look like a protein bar ... um ... aside from that? I got nothin'. My mother in law is like your mom, but she has to fight to keep weight ON, skinny thing freaks out and stops eating when she gets stressed, drops under 100 lbs and then we make her start eating.

GirlinNYC
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Thank you Kaypix. I like the Starbucks idea...that would definitely fly with this crowd. I think the key is to not be hungry there, so I'm not tempted and to just take a normal seeing of food and kinda leave it on my plate. I'll let you all know how it goes!!

mooselover
05-13-2012, 01:02 PM
MooseLover - I really envy you your greenhouse btw! And all those wonderful rhubarb plants! :) (also so glad to read recently that you've been feeling better lately).

Everyone have a great Sunday. Stay OP. Cheers for now.[/QUOTE]

I will have to post a picture of my greenhouse. It is amazing and huge for just a personal one. And its heated!!! We just have the heat on 55 at night. It gets plenty warm in there during the day. I am feeling much better this week. Thank goodness!!! :carrot: That 28 day TOM about did me in...

mooselover
05-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok, here is a view of my backyard greenhouse and garden. I love this <3

Darralyn
05-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Good morning everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

It is a beautiful day here in my part of the woods; it may get up to 80* which will be the hottest day of the year so far! I am going to son and DIL's to see my favorite (only) grandchildren. Just going to take my IP lunch and fix them a ham an veggie crustless quiche. It will not bother me today to watch them eat; I will enjoy the kids!

I am at week 4 and struggling a lot! I sure do appreciate being able to come here and get encouragement. Friday was an extremely hard evening any several of you really helped talk me off the ledge of a cheat; thank you so much. I love this forum and all of you here to support on another! My big thanks!

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself. I looked in the mirror this morning and my collarbones are starting to poke out. I don't EVER remember seeing those things, I didn't think I had any....lol....I am glad you started taking your monthly pictures, it makes a difference!

My 9 year old is my best cheerleader. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.

Another NSV, I have been a week w/o my Omeprazole for a week. I could not go a day with out it prior to my recent weight loss, I would wake up at night and need to take it so I could sleep because my throat was on fire and I would dry heave. No more! I am not eating close to bed time and not eating the things that used to cause me problems.
A year ago, I wouldn't go anywhere with my boys, they are 20 and 23, they knew it hurt me so much to walk. Now they tell me I walk to fast...lol...I am like keep up....lol. Its great to be able to do the things we couldn't do before. You have the self confidence you didn't have before losing the weight you have so far. Be very proud of yourself and you strut your stuff at the water park. You are just showing people that no matter what size you are you can be proud of yourself. I have never had a problem going to the pool even when I was bigger, but now I am like HA....I look good in my suit AND I am smaller than some of them there. Flaunt what you got I say.....lol

Start taking pics of yourself so that you can see the difference. Take that step, you will be glad you did right Cadu?

Like proteingirl said you will gain 10lbs!!!......haha....NAHHHHH....don't worry, you will be fine. You didn't use enough of it I am sure to do any harm. There is no need to freak out or be bummed. It's life, sometimes there are things out of your control and you just have to deal with them as they come. Drink lots of water and stay OP, no worries :)

Good morning everyone, Lots of great NSV and WI's this week. I went to a party last night and saw a guy I used to "talk" too. He didn't know it was me...haha.....I went up to him and said HI, I haven't seen you in forever. He looked at me puzzled and said Lisa?....I just laughed and said yup its me. He said if it wouldn't be for your eyes and smile I had no clue who you were. Last time he saw me I had really short hair and of course was much bigger....He said we need to get together sometimes....I said sure just let me know, cuz you are dating someone, not me....hahah. There was nothing I could have there, but they did have burgers so I had a pattie wrapped in lettuce. A few people looked at me like I was crazy but I was like yup that is right I am eating....lol...and of course drinking my water while they were all drinking daquari's. I think I was the ONLY one not drinking which was fine by me cuz they were all being fools, so I got a good laugh watching them.

Hope everyone as a great day!

ferrousgal
05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Happy Mothers Day to us moms! My special Mothers Day meal will be DH and the kids taking me out to a Mongolian Grill restaurant. Turned out the kids got a little sniffly this past week once again (mostly the youngest is showing mild sickness) and FIL has auto immune problems that would prevent the normal celebration, so I got to actually pick where I'd celebrate this time! What better place than the low carb paradise called the Mongolian Grill. I can load up on meat and OP veggies, I'll have to watch my seasoning sauces, stick with water with the meal or maybe splurge on ice tea if they have Splenda packets at the tables. And I really doubt any of the Mongolian restaurants have quite the pull for Mothers day celebrating as the standard type or major chains. What could have turned into a really awkward day of me saying firm NOs to cake and starchy dishes is turning into a day that I don't have to hide and I can just be OP! I think once I have losses that are a little more noticeable (like closer to 20 lbs) it'll be easier to reinforce my points at these gatherings.

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I have total garden-envy! Oh my gosh! What do you all grow in it?

I am at week 4 and struggling a lot! I sure do appreciate being able to come here and get encouragement. Friday was an extremely hard evening any several of you really helped talk me off the ledge of a cheat; thank you so much. I love this forum and all of you here to support on another! My big thanks! Glad you made it through Friday, and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Start taking pics of yourself so that you can see the difference. Take that step, you will be glad you did right Cadu?

Good morning everyone, Lots of great NSV and WI's this week. I went to a party last night and saw a guy I used to "talk" too. He didn't know it was me...haha.....I went up to him and said HI, I haven't seen you in forever. He looked at me puzzled and said Lisa?....I just laughed and said yup its me. He said if it wouldn't be for your eyes and smile I had no clue who you were. Last time he saw me I had really short hair and of course was much bigger....He said we need to get together sometimes....[/COLOR]
Wuv-You make so much sense sometimes! I was considering taking photos every week, then though "nah that's nuts" so I'm taking one every 10 pounds instead, figured it's less photo bucket editing I'll have to do at least. And seeing former flames, friends etc. is so motivational when you see their faces right??? I was skinny-ish-athletic in high school but people saw me balloon up over the last decade. The reunion is summer 2013 and I want to go back and blow them all away :) Big goal for me.

My special Mothers Day meal will be DH and the kids taking me out to a Mongolian Grill restaurant.
Le' Yum! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and enjoy your mongolian grill :D

GemIAm
05-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Happy Mothers Day to us moms! My special Mothers Day meal will be DH and the kids taking me out to a Mongolian Grill restaurant.

What a great idea!:carrot: Mongolian Grill is one of my favorite places to eat when we go to Yakima. Here in E'burg, my fav is the Pita Pit (I do the salad).

:grouphug: Lot's of love & good wishes to everyone for Mother's Day!

Stefany1769
05-13-2012, 02:41 PM

I love going out on the Chena! What kind of boat do you have?
Lol we have been consumed by yard work here for the last week as well, it's funny... After the long winter and dirty (long) spring we just want the yard to look nice!
I was driving up Chena Hot Springs Road yesterday and everything was so green, there were leaves everywhere.
You are a lucky lady with that set up! :)

Stefany1769
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Good morning everybody

Have a wonderful day

I agree with Chloe222, you look amazing and you are going to knock her socks off! :yes:

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM

Greenhouses are wonderful. I just gave mine away about a year ago after 15 years. That was our first step towards clearing everything out here in Georgia to retire in Michigan. I never did anything with veggies, but started with orchids. The surrounding trees grew over the years and shaded it too much and I gave the orchids away. I also had about 20+ citrus trees in pots. That was fun getting lemons and oranges, etc. from them. They went with the greenhouse down to Florida. The trees are very happy now planted in the ground and my ex-boss' wife if thrilled with the greenhouse. I do miss it, but I will hopefully have a new plant growing life in Michigan. We've already started rhubarb and asparagus there.

As things grow in your greenhouse, please post pictures for all of us to see.

Thanks for sharing, Molly

rvingprincess
05-13-2012, 02:53 PM
WHAT a great mothers day this is, I jumped on the scales this morning and yippee I am in the 180's (189.7), I haven't been that weight in years. Just need to lose another 1.5 for 20 lbs. gone, hopefully I can do it this week. I would like to wish all mothers a very happy mothers day,and hope that the whoosh fairy visits you all.

evepet
05-13-2012, 03:30 PM

Love it! Like I said earlier, I'm envious. :D:

VenomousPiano
05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I just sent in an audition tape for X Factor, so I know I'm going to have to watch my eating because I'm nervous. :dizzy:
Good news though, I've gained one pound of muscle.
Whoohoo. :D

kmc1021
05-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Wow, I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is hard and I have been so busy today that I haven't thought about it. We try to avoid everything on Mother's and Father's day (I know my husband struggles and I also lost my dad when I was 16). We don't go to dinner, or church. Today we went to a few stores and ended up with a dishwasher! Wasn't even in the market for one!!

I teach Kindergarten. I absolutely love it. I don't know how I can get paid to do something I love so much! I am worried I won't have K next year. New administration, new school board, new principles at 4 out of the 8 elementary schools and 6 new VP's. It is going to be a mess. I don't even know what school I will end up at...UGH!! We are a year round school district. We start August 1st and go till the 25th of May. I sure am going to miss all my babies, but can't wait for the year to be over!

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 04:14 PM
I teach Kindergarten. I absolutely love it. I don't know how I can get paid to do something I love so much! I am worried I won't have K next year. New administration, new school board, new principles at 4 out of the 8 elementary schools and 6 new VP's. It is going to be a mess. I don't even know what school I will end up at...UGH!! We are a year round school district. We start August 1st and go till the 25th of May. I sure am going to miss all my babies, but can't wait for the year to be over!
Oh my gosh that's crazy! I'm just glad our year is done for now. Starts back up like 2nd week of august...maybe later I think. I don't know if I'll teach in the fall, sounds like budget cuts is making full time teachers take on extra loads so us adjunct aren't getting as many hours. I think I'm good with that though, I was ready to take a break this spring and then still ended up with a class, le' ugh!

Kaypix
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I just got back from a 30 min bike ride. First, I'd like to say that whoever came up with the phrase "It's like riding a bike" clearly didn't take a decade off of riding bicycles and try to get back on. By the time I got home it was OK, I averaged 8mph and rode about 4 miles total. My legs are a bit shaky and i'm out of breath, but holy buckets it was cool to make so much distance on our bike trails (awesome bike trail system here) and see parts I hadn't seen because walking 4 miles wasn't going to happen for me in any given day lol. Now I think a nap is in order...cuz I am pooped!

evepet
05-13-2012, 05:01 PM
I just got back from a 30 min bike ride. First, I'd like to say that whoever came up with the phrase "It's like riding a bike" clearly didn't take a decade off of riding bicycles and try to get back on. By the time I got home it was OK, I averaged 8mph and rode about 4 miles total. My legs are a bit shaky and i'm out of breath, but holy buckets it was cool to make so much distance on our bike trails (awesome bike trail system here) and see parts I hadn't seen because walking 4 miles wasn't going to happen for me in any given day lol. Now I think a nap is in order...cuz I am pooped!

Kudos to you! Two years ago I got back to bike riding - it had been 16 years since the last time I'd been on one, and I was definitely rusty. But it does come back to you quickly. I don't use it much though, because of lower back problems... that forward leaning position that seems natural (to me at least) for biking seems to hit my back in just the wrong place these days. Right now I'm trying to decide whether I'll use it enough this summer to pay the $ to replace the tires, which apparently needs to happen at this point for safety-sake - especially if I ride for any distance. I may concentrate on my 'walk away the pounds' dvds and my elliptical. Also just rec'd my 'Slow Burn Workout' dvds so I have to get busy and learn that.

Cadu
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM

RHUBARB!!! lol, lucky you. BTW your new pic looks great

Carol - I just noticed your photos --- you are BEAUTIFUL !!! What wonderful progress - hope you have a great day with your family gathering...

Thank you Sew :hug:

Ha!! LOL! Understand the SIL thing! Put on your prettiest clothes, makeup, the whole 9 yards and be sweet as can be. Let us know how it goes.

Oh, and Carol...I wish I was a fly on the wall to see your SILs face when she sees you!

Cadu, like Liz, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see your SIL expression. You have done soooooo well and look unbelievable. Like Wuv, you are a real role model.
Molly

BTW - I too wish I could be a fly on the wall at the brunch today. I'm sure your SIL will be very envious of your new look!

I agree with Chloe222, you look amazing and you are going to knock her socks off! :yes:

OK so I took Chloe's advise, I put on a face, dressed nice, did my hair and everyone said I looked great and were impressed by the weight loss and asked questions about how I did it. I proudky shared that I was doing IP... BUT.. my beloved SIL did not comment on my Weight loss, she did say however "I like your haircut" WAIT! WHAT? I am scheduled for a color and cut next week I am all shaggy & grey. LOL. I did however catch her checking me out out of the corner of my eye a few times. HAHAHAHA What a great day! oh and I stayed OP.

ShanCo
05-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Well...I'm back on IP after about 2 months off...I had plans of doing WW, which I had done before but mostly just "kind of tried" to eat good....my official first day back was Thursday, I was up 8 pounds from when I left...but the good news is as of today after just 4 days back 100% OP I'm only 4 pounds up from when I left. My goal is at weigh-n Wednesday I would love to be back to where I left at!

Anyways...gotta question...the SF Torani Syrups? What sweetner is used in them that makes them OK for IP? I know we have to be really careful with aspartame, etc.

Thanks! So glad to be back, I am already in ketosis and feeling great!

paulimapi
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm scared, tomorrow's my first WI.
I hope I've lost at least 3 pounds but idk, I'm paranoid and feel like I'll lose 1 if any :(
And I hope that's not the case because I've been so good this week and I've felt really really hungry and deprived most of the time so it just wouldn't be fair if I don't lose much..but oh well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who celebrates it today! In here we celebrate in August :)

ChaloJ
05-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi all!
Everyone´s picture´s are so encouraging. You all are beautiful!

I'm feeling a little discouraged today as I have a stupid head cold and I feel crummy. For some reason it's making me want to eat. So, here I am to stave off the head cold hunger. I want to stay op, but I feel weak.

NewPath
05-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Wow, I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is hard and I have been so busy today that I haven't thought about it. We try to avoid everything on Mother's and Father's day (I know my husband struggles and I also lost my dad when I was 16). We don't go to dinner, or church. Today we went to a few stores and ended up with a dishwasher! Wasn't even in the market for one!!

KPix
I am so sorry about all of your losses. I hope today was a day that you and your husband could appreciate each other! Maybe, next Mother's Day will be
REALLY special ; ) In the mean time, enjoy each other.
With regards to teaching and K, Yay! I teach first and I know how you feel about the potential for changing grade-levels every year! It is stressful! And, YES, I cannot wait for June 17th to roll around...except that I have soooo much testing to do between now and then..Yikes! Love your self and your hubby!:hug:

Hockeymom40
05-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello Everybody. Very busy today, only had time to skim through all the posts, Just wanted to drop in, as I do daily to wish everyone a great OP day. (whats left of it)..Congrats on all WI's and NSV's

Cadu, you look great. I wish I would have taken pics every month. It probably would have made me feel better yesterday when I had a "Cadu" moment. I saw pics of myself and couldn't believe I still look fat. I really thought I would look better than I did. Of course I didn't have the most flattering outfit on. We were taking prom pics and if I knew the parents were going to be in them I would have changed. Well, it just shows me I need to keep working at this.

NewPath
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Today was a wonderful day. I went out to eat with my kids and we just relxed all day....even though there is so muhch to do!!!! I did go for my fourth weigh in though, and......YAY, I am down another 3 pounds!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!:carrot: My coach told me that she noticed that I am not so uptight and analytical about everything anymore, okay, hmmmmm, I like her honesty!!!!!
100% and absolutely loving it!!!!!!!:carrot:

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin.

It's not a problem. sure, it's like aspartame, not terribly healthy, but it is 0/0/0 and will not screw up your ketosis. Not to worry...

I just sent in an audition tape for X Factor, so I know I'm going to have to watch my eating because I'm nervous. :dizzy:
Good news though, I've gained one pound of muscle.
Whoohoo. :D

Wow, that's exciting! Good luck!!! What do you do?

whoever came up with the phrase "It's like riding a bike" clearly didn't take a decade off of riding bicycles and try to get back on.

Oh boy, I chuckled at that one! I have balance problems that have slowly gotten worse over the years, and had not ridden a bike in many years. I bought a new bike, and promptly tried to ride it, only to find I was all over the place! I'm still not great, but I do love riding it. Now, my butt is a bit bonier though, so I may get one of those padded seats! ;)

Hi all!

I'm feeling a little discouraged today as I have a stupid head cold and I feel crummy. For some reason it's making me want to eat. So, here I am to stave off the head cold hunger. I want to stay op, but I feel weak.

Hope you feel better dear..... feeling crappy was what always did me in too, and eating didn't really help. Good thing that you come here for support! Hang in there!:hug:

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me.

Hello kmc, it occurred to me that my earlier post was really insensitive. I'm so sorry. I did not have kids because I got divorced and always felt that raising kids was hard enough with two parents, and I didn't think I could do it on my own, and I never did remarry. But, it was my choice. I mourned for a long time. It sounds like you had a pretty good day, from your later posts. That's wonderful. Again, sorry if I was talking off-base...

DanafromAustin
05-13-2012, 06:42 PM
RHUBARB!!! lol, lucky you. BTW your new pic looks great

Thank you Sew :hug:

OK so I took Chloe's advise, I put on a face, dressed nice, did my hair and everyone said I looked great and were impressed by the weight loss and asked questions about how I did it. I proudky shared that I was doing IP... BUT.. my beloved SIL did not comment on my Weight loss, she did say however "I like your haircut" WAIT! WHAT? I am scheduled for a color and cut next week I am all shaggy & grey. LOL. I did however catch her checking me out out of the corner of my eye a few times. HAHAHAHA WhatN a great day! oh and I stayed OP.

Revenge can be very sweet!

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 06:45 PM
On this Mother's Day, I find myself thinking of my dear Mom. She had many problems, and was hospitalized for mental illness when we were kids, and she had 8 of us to deal with. I know she felt that she was not always a good mother, but to me, with the passage of time, I can see how much her strength, courage, determination, humour and integrity have influenced me, and I thank her for that. She's been gone now for over 12 years and I miss her everyday and I know she's smiling at me now, seeing how far I have come.

Cadu
05-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi all!

Hang in there chaloJ.. this weak momment will pass I PROMISE! you will be so happy that you didnt cave in. Stay the course you are so worth it!!!!!!

Cadu, you look great. I wish I would have taken pics every month. It probably would have made me feel better yesterday when I had a "Cadu" moment. I saw pics of myself and couldn't believe I still look fat. I really thought I would look better than I did. Of course I didn't have the most flattering outfit on. We were taking prom pics and if I knew the parents were going to be in them I would have changed. Well, it just shows me I need to keep working at this.

Thanks Hockey mom. you lost 34 pounds. and are 154 pounds there is no way you look fat. put on something nice and have someone take a pic of you, then take another pic in a month or whenever you hit goal, whichever comes first. you will be amazed. remember most of us have a warped self image.. even in pics. you are doing amazing, be proud of yourself. HAHAHA love the "Cadu" Momment

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
DH still gone today, so I'll be crunching on my blog like crazy, doing laundry, playing with the dogs to keep them off my back, and overall just having a fun "me" day.

~Kara ;)

Kara, I just wanted to say that you crack me up! :D

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love how you reached out to help kmc. Hugs to both of you. :hug:

Diana B
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all of you fantastic mothers, aunties, sisters, soon to be mommies, grandmothers, and I will include dads too so you don't feel left out!!! Have an awesome OP day :hug:

Cadu
05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Today was a wonderful day. I went out to eat with my kids and we just relxed all day....even though there is so muhch to do!!!! I did go for my fourth weigh in though, and......YAY, I am down another 3 pounds!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!:carrot: My coach told me that she noticed that I am not so uptight and analytical about everything anymore, okay, hmmmmm, I like her honesty!!!!!
100% and absolutely loving it!!!!!!!:carrot:

good job Newpath!!!

On this Mother's Day, I find myself thinking of my dear Mom. She had many problems, and was hospitalized for mental illness when we were kids, and she had 8 of us to deal with. I know she felt that she was not always a good mother, but to me, with the passage of time, I can see how much her strength, courage, determination, humour and integrity have influenced me, and I thank her for that. She's been gone now for over 12 years and I miss her everyday and I know she's smiling at me now, seeing how far I have come.

Sew, really nice post. Its funny I have a similar story, my mom & dad both passed away 14 years ago, my mom had a mental illness as well although she was not hospitalized she should have been. I am also one of 8 children and we did not get what children needed growing up becuase she was not capable of giving it. She gaves us 100% of what she had but unfortunately she didnt have much of herself to give. Later years when we didnt need that kind of mothering and we were old enough to understand her issues, our relationships with her become closer. I too miss my mom everyday and know she is proud of the person I became.

lisabk
05-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone. Had a rough day yesterday with 2 graduation events, a luncheon and a dinner. At lunch, I had bruschetta (just the topping, my husband ate the bread), a salad and the chicken out of chicken piccatta (hubby ate the pasta). Then I had a piece of cake. At dinner, I had salad and a filet...and ANOTHER piece of cake. Not very happy w/myself about the cake and I didn't get all my veggies. BUT, as we were leaving dinner, someone said to me "you're losing weight". There are only 4 people who know I am doing IP...I've been waiting to tell people when they start noticing. She is the first person to notice, and it made my day even though I was disappointed in myself. What I did learn is that eating that cake did not taste as good as it felt when she noticed my weight loss. I've heard a variation of that over the years, but for the first time I really understand it.

I do have a couple of questions...many of you mention putting spinach in your shakes. I'm not a big spinach fan...in fact, I'm not a veggie fan and have trouble getting them in. How do you make the shakes w/spinach and does it taste like spinach? Also, is it okay to eat your veggies at breakfast instead of at lunch or dinner?

One other thing...do you measure veggies raw or after you cook them? For example...cabbage...2 cups is a whole of cabbage once it's steamed.

Thanks everyone!

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Sew, really nice post. Its funny I have a similar story, my mom & dad both passed away 14 years ago, my mom had a mental illness as well although she was not hospitalized she should have been. I am also one of 8 children and we did not get what children needed growing up becuase she was not capable of giving it. She gaves us 100% of what she had but unfortunately she didnt have much of herself to give. Later years when we didnt need that kind of mothering and we were old enough to understand her issues, our relationships with her become closer. I too miss my mom everyday and know she is proud of the person I became.

That's wonderful, Carol... Every one of us 8 kids took turns to care for her and my dear old Dad towards the end. Every one of us made peace and it was so joyful and loving to be able to give back to them both. I was lucky enough to have an employer who let me take a month off work for my Dad, who died first. When it was clear that my Mom was failing after that, I took what I thought was going to be a medical leave of absence for myself, but it turned into long term disability. But, it gave me the time to be there with her too, and I don't regret the decision to leave work.

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Anyways...gotta question...the SF Torani Syrups? What sweetner is used in them that makes them OK for IP? I know we have to be really careful with aspartame, etc.

Just read the ingredients on the bottle and it is Splenda'a brand of sucrolose.

Molly

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone. Had a rough day yesterday with 2 graduation events, a luncheon and a dinner. At lunch, I had bruschetta (just the topping, my husband ate the bread), a salad and the chicken out of chicken piccatta (hubby ate the pasta). Then I had a piece of cake. At dinner, I had salad and a filet...and ANOTHER piece of cake. Not very happy w/myself about the cake and I didn't get all my veggies. BUT, as we were leaving dinner, someone said to me "you're losing weight". There are only 4 people who know I am doing IP...I've been waiting to tell people when they start noticing. She is the first person to notice, and it made my day even though I was disappointed in myself. What I did learn is that eating that cake did not taste as good as it felt when she noticed my weight loss. I've heard a variation of that over the years, but for the first time I really understand it.

I do have a couple of questions...many of you mention putting spinach in your shakes. I'm not a big spinach fan...in fact, I'm not a veggie fan and have trouble getting them in. How do you make the shakes w/spinach and does it taste like spinach? Also, is it okay to eat your veggies at breakfast instead of at lunch or dinner?

One other thing...do you measure veggies raw or after you cook them? For example...cabbage...2 cups is a whole of cabbage once it's steamed.

Thanks everyone!

Good for you that you learned something from the cake episode. All you can do is learn and move on, eh?

I have been making the spinach smoothies and now I can't get enough of them. I even add kale to it because it has such great health benefits, and I don't taste either of them. Spinach doesn't have much flavor anyway, but to put kale in and not taste it is amazing. I make them into a sort of milk shake by using one of the IP puddings, like chocolate, or the chocolate drink, the spinach/kale, some water, some WF chocolate dip and then at least a cup of ice. Throw it in a good food processor or blender and it is amazing. I also make a version using the IP vanilla or butterscotch pudding and WF caramel dip and it's just as good. It looks a bit odd, green, but really satisfies my sweet tooth.

I don't know about the timing of vegees...the chart shows them at lunch and dinner, but I think some folks make their omelets for breakfast and add vegees without a problem. I'd ask your coach just to be sure.

ChaloJ
05-13-2012, 07:49 PM
My heart goes out to you ladies who have a hard time with this day. Here are some extra squeezes: :hug::hug::hug:

I decided to make a snack of crispy cereal turned into little garlic salt bombs to help stave away temtpations to cheat. I've only had one packet today (slept in due to the cold and am totally off my normal schedule.) Just heard the timer ring for my "croutons"! Then I think I'll go outside and blow some bubbles or something...if it doesn't turn into an asthma attack!

Hey--that reminds me of why I feel so munchy! I'm taking prednisone right now for the croupy/wheezy component of my cold. Doh! I hate that medicine for how munchy it makes me feel. But on the other hand...it's nice to breathe. :dizzy:

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks everyone!

Don't worry about the cake yesterday, it's time to move forward today and be 100% OP. It's a mistake, don't beat yourself up over it. Learn from it.

The shakes with spinach do not taste like spinach. Chocolate doesn't even turn green. Vanilla will be a green shake, though. It's a super way to get in veggies. Just blend it really well.

There are strict coaches that say no veggies at breakfast. I have had them in my omelet and it has not affected my losses. You can spread them out throughout the day, if necessary.

Veggies and the meat are all measured uncooked. Yep, 2 cups of cooked cabbage would be a whole lot of cabbage to eat, especially since I don't like cooked cabbage. I've heard a lot of people in the past, who did not especially like veggies, found when they are roasted them with EVO, they weren't so bad.

Hope this helps. No problem asking questions, we're all here to help you on your journey.

Molly

See where Sewmam beat me to your post. Thanks, Sewmam.

drakegirl
05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello and happy mother's day to everyone out there who has the role of mother - I've had a great week - down 2.4 this week - and I asked my coach to send me my day 1 pictures so I could compare - it was eye opening - I didn't realize what I really looked like before - but I'm more motivated than ever to keep going! For those who have lost a good amount, but plan to lose more - what do you do about clothes? I'm getting too small for my old clothes, but don't want to spend too much on new ones because I still want to lose another 60 lbs. (bras especially! I really need new ones!) Thanks for any advice and here's to an OP week!

Stefany1769
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
So I know this isn't really wieght loss related, but for me today it is. I tend to not eat when I am upset.
I am in love with and have been with my DB for almost eight years now, and he is notoriously bad at gift giving and bad moods on holidays.
My Mothers Day started out with me cleaning the whole house (I asked my kids to tackle their bedrooms). Not once did he say let me help you, or why don't you let me do that and you can have a break.
His father told him that his mother wanted flowers for the flower garden and to do that for Mothers Day. He must have thought this was a great gift idea because that is what he got me as well, despite the fact that when we were shopping for hers yesterday I told I didn't want that. It really hurt my feelings that he didn't put any forethought into this and didn't even try to come up with an idea on his own.
Don't get me wrong, the amount of money spent makes no difference to me, it is the thought that counts! I would have been happy with a handmade card, which I didn't even get one of those either.
My question is am I being overly sensitive about this? Sometimes it is hard to tell with all the extra estrogen. I am to the point where I just want to tell him not to bother at all, because at least that way I won't be upset on days that are supposed to be good.
I am writing this here because you have all been so supportive and unjudgemental. Thank you all for that!:hug:

NewPath
05-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Thanks everyone!

Lisabk
Tomorrow is a new day. Please, just get right back OP. I have never gone off plan in my measly 4 weeks, but, if I did, I probably would have just given up. Be stronger for this little "bump", go strong now! You can so do this!!
I used to hate spinach. I LOVE putting frozen spinach in with my yogurt shake! Yummy! If I am out of yogurt, I sometimes use my chocolate drink. Best of luck!!!! Keep going!!!:carrot:

jenn04
05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers ohhhh fun filled crawfish day is now over now i need to drink 10 glasses of water to flush this salt out

WingnutandMe
05-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello and happy mother's day to everyone out there who has the role of mother - I've had a great week - down 2.4 this week - and I asked my coach to send me my day 1 pictures so I could compare - it was eye opening - I didn't realize what I really looked like before - but I'm more motivated than ever to keep going! For those who have lost a good amount, but plan to lose more - what do you do about clothes? I'm getting too small for my old clothes, but don't want to spend too much on new ones because I still want to lose another 60 lbs. (bras especially! I really need new ones!) Thanks for any advice and here's to an OP week!

There is a clothing exchange thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246976-clothing-exchange-8.html I just bumped it up from about 10 pages back. You can post things to get rid of or you're looking for.

Molly

mylastdiet
05-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Good Morning! I am reporting this morning from inside of Walmart where I just bought two NEW flavors of MIO !!!
Lemonade and Blueberry-Lemonade.
I can't wait to get home to try them.
Happy Mothers Day!

I had posted this earlier this morning. Just in case anyone is curious, I tried the Blueberry-Lemonade and it was wonderful! Will definitely be having this flavor often. Had a very "summer-y" taste to it (if that makes any sense).

Diana B
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
I just finished tallying up my total weight and inches lost, since I started IP on February 22, 2012, I have lost 45 pounds and over 47 inches, can't beat that with a stick, lol. DH is bbqing, DD making a yummy salad, all OP today and fun with the family!Have a great day everyone!

lisabk
05-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks Sewmam, Molly, and NewPath for the encouraging words. I've been perfectly OP today and intend to stay that way. No giving up for me. I'm close to hitting the 60 lb mark with a whole lot more to go. I really do feel so much better and even though this is the most restricted "diet" I've ever done, it really has been the easiest for me. Go figure!

Will ask coach about veggie timing and will definitely get some spinach this week to try the chocolate smoothie.

So glad to confirm veggies are measured raw like meat. Eating my veggies will be a whole lot easier going forward.

Thanks again, love this forum!

patns
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
So I know this isn't really weight loss related, but for me today it is. I tend to not eat when I am upset.
I am in love with and have been with my DB for almost eight years now, and he is notoriously bad at gift giving and bad moods on holidays.
My Mothers Day started out with me cleaning the whole house (I asked my kids to tackle their bedrooms). Not once did he say let me help you, or why don't you let me do that and you can have a break.
His father told him that his mother wanted flowers for the flower garden and to do that for Mothers Day. He must have thought this was a great gift idea because that is what he got me as well, despite the fact that when we were shopping for hers yesterday I told I didn't want that. It really hurt my feelings that he didn't put any forethought into this and didn't even try to come up with an idea on his own.
Don't get me wrong, the amount of money spent makes no difference to me, it is the thought that counts! I would have been happy with a handmade card, which I didn't even get one of those either.
My question is am I being overly sensitive about this? Sometimes it is hard to tell with all the extra estrogen. I am to the point where I just want to tell him not to bother at all, because at least that way I won't be upset on days that are supposed to be good.
I am writing this here because you have all been so supportive and unjudgemental. Thank you all for that!:hug:

Not sure what DB stands for, just realized it's likely boyfriend.

I used to get very upset with my husband over this issue when I was younger. He grew up in another country and just doesn't get the whole commercialization of holidays.

He also never shops. He has always just passed me all the money he has ever made and lets me look after anything financial. He even lost weight after I went on IP because I don't go to the liquor store to buy wine and he didn't bother to go himself.

Over the years I have realized the present thing doesn't amount to anything. He has been right there and supportive in everything else for 40 years so that is the important thing.

My son is also really bad about deciding on gifts. Today he got his sister to pick a gift for me from both of them. He just usually has no idea what to get. Even with wedding gifts with a registry involved he always gets me to look at the registry and tell him what to get.

As for Mother's day I think family's have different traditions. My take on it is that is it is Mother's day, not spouses/partners day. So he should get a gift for his mother. But you are not his mother. So he was likely grasping at straws and just went with what his father suggested for his mother.

Pat

Anyway just how my thoughts have evolved over the years on this issue.

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Wuv-You make so much sense sometimes! I was considering taking photos every week, then though "nah that's nuts" so I'm taking one every 10 pounds instead, figured it's less photo bucket editing I'll have to do at least. And seeing former flames, friends etc. is so motivational when you see their faces right??? I was skinny-ish-athletic in high school but people saw me balloon up over the last decade. The reunion is summer 2013 and I want to go back and blow them all away :) Big goal for me.
Le' Yum! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and enjoy your mongolian grill :D
I take pics of myself all the time, when I think I am looking "cute"....lol...I go back through my phone and I am like GEEZE and you thought you looked "cute" that day what on earth were you thinking.....lol....I had my class reunion last year and I have a few classmates on my FB page and they are freaking out, seeing me change...Its great. Most say....I have found what you loss....lol...I can't wait til the next one that is for sure! I was always the BIG girl...NOT anymore...hahahah...2 of my classmates had gastric bypasses since and I have loss more the way I am doing it and I am much healthier and can EAT more than 2tbsp of food!

So I know this isn't really wieght loss related, but for me today it is. I tend to not eat when I am upset.
I KNOW how you feel all too well. I was married to my EX for 19 yrs, he NEVER would buy me or do anything for me. When it came to my birthday, xmas, anniversary or mother's day he would tell me to go buy what I wanted. I wouldn't go buy anything. It would just upset me. I would tell him EXACTLY what I would want and he wouldn't go do it. One year I told him I wanted a jewelry amour and he got me a wax thing for me to dip my hands in....I wanted to THROW it at him, we always did Christmas at my mom's and when I opened it she could tell I was NOT happy. I will never forget that Christmas. So anywho, You are not being overly sensitive some men just don't get it and for the ones who do, better hold on to the tightly!

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM

I am not working, so it's easier for me. For awhile, I just used safety pins to hold my elastic waist pants up. When that got to look ridiculous, I did buy one pair in a smaller size, but kept that to a minimum. I'd wear the 'good' pair when going out and live in the safety pin clothes at home. ;) There are also a couple of resale shops in my area where I got some really inexpensive tops and pants to tide me over until I splurged and bought some Coldwater Creek stuff. Boy was that a treat...

[COLOR="Indigo"]I take pics of myself all the time, when I think I am looking "cute"

Wuv, I just wanted to say YOU ARE CUTE! Every new photo is just ravishing, and your smile is glowing! It's really fun to see the progress and hear your stories...

Sewmam
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
My grocery store is always out of the WF apricot or orange spreads, so I bought them at Netrition and got them this week. Just made one of my favorite meals...stir-fry vegees, including garlic and hot peppers, on a bed of lettuce, with a dressing made of the apricot with apple cider vinegar and tamari. Poached some tillapia and used the dressing on it too, with fresh cilantro all over it. Oh boy..... spicy, savory, sweet.... It was Phase 1 compliant and really tasty.

I'm happy.

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Wuv, I just wanted to say YOU ARE CUTE! Every new photo is just ravishing, and your smile is glowing! It's really fun to see the progress and hear your stories...

AWWWWW thank you!:hug:

ferrousgal
05-13-2012, 10:23 PM
The Mongolian Grill feasting was wonderful. I probably shouldn't have had any of the hot n sour soup that came with it (did maybe 1/4 cup of that before setting it aside) and I ended up bringing my own Splenda packets which was wise as their table sugar caddy had none. Also got some finish on a woodworking project for my folks that had been shelved for the last 12 years. Nice to finish something like that.

drakegirl
05-13-2012, 10:36 PM
There is a clothing exchange thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246976-clothing-exchange-8.html I just bumped it up from about 10 pages back. You can post things to get rid of or you're looking for.

Molly

Thanks!!!

mooselover
05-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Wow, I was a busy lady today. I got all of my flower beds cleaned out, finished raking the yard and bagged leaves. My husband tilled up the garden too. The property looks fresh and ready for growth :) I really enjoyed all of it. It was 60 out and beautiful. Perfect day for yard work!!!

Momto2cs
05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Wuv...looking good as always
I have a good dh...and 2 nice kids. Dh golfed all morning...then ds birthday party...dinner I made (my choice, my mistake!) soon bed
Busy day for me, but love my family, do I can't complain.
On fathers day I am already booking my tee time ;)

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
I was making a couple salads today for a get-together, and as I was putting them together I got excited because I realized with a few modifications they would work for me. I thought I would share - and maybe you have had heard of them before:

Cabbage Salad:
2 cups of cabbage
1 package of stevia
2 tbsp. olive oil
onion to taste
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. vinegar

Toss and refrigerate - (the non-IP recipe calls for ramen noodles and the seasoning packet)

Saurkraut Salad:
1 can of saurkfraut - drained
2 packages of steviea
1/2 cup of vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil
diced onion to taste
diced green pepper to taste
1 small jar of red pimentoes (optional)
Mix all ingredients together before adding to saurkraut - when well mixed pour over kraut, and mix well. Refrigerate - will keep for a long time!

I made a batch of the kraut tonight and can use it on and off over time when I'm in a hurry for a vegie serving!

auroragrl
05-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Made the strawberry jello into cookies tonight for snack - pretty good! I think vanilla or chocolate would be best, but was out of those so used a strawberry one!

sunshinered
05-14-2012, 02:07 AM

Wow! That's just awesome!! Way to go!! What great motivation to continue. No fire in the throat! Woo hoo!!:carrot::carrot:

MY3labs
05-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Kaypix - thanks for starting thread with cartoon this morning! The way your day starts really sets the tone for the entire day. So a smile and laugh is fantastic!

Chloe222- I'm from Mass. and did a cruise to Alaska in 04, was easily one of the most beautiful vacations ever. Can't wait to do it again- I would suggest a land and sea 10 day (min) trip to really appreciate it. I did rock climbing and bike and brew tour. Wanted to go to parts to really see the land. It was great! Just watch out for the rainy season. I went at end of June, was during solstice so sun was out 24hrs. and weather was great!

Congrats on NSV's and losses everyone and getting the Ticker is awesome it's like a mini reward!

Happy Mothers day to all.

mcn1254
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks Sewmam, Molly, and NewPath for the encouraging words. I've been perfectly OP today and intend to stay that way. No giving up for me. I'm close to hitting the 60 lb mark with a whole lot more to go. I really do feel so much better and even though this is the most restricted "diet" I've ever done, it really has been the easiest for me. Go figure!

Will ask coach about veggie timing and will definitely get some spinach this week to try the chocolate smoothie.

So glad to confirm veggies are measured raw like meat. Eating my veggies will be a whole lot easier going forward.

Thanks again, love this forum!
I agree this is the most restricted diet I have ever done and there have been many. But for some reason I am doing the best I have ever done. I have even had to make myself eat sometimes because I'm not hungry. I don't have any cravings. I have looked at certain foods and thought I might want some but immediately think "it's just not worth it"