30-Somethings - Any 30-something Stay-at Home Moms?

thundahthighs
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Anybody else a stay-at-home Mom in their 30s? I'm a new mother, never planned to have kids, never planned to stay home, doing both... Kind of loving it, but loving it takes effort.

I was afraid if I was home all day it'd turn into an eat all day kind of lifestyle, but especially since she's started solid food at 6 months I find myself eating 3 square meals and a snack - which is what I'm used to.

Come talk to me! How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse?
Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should?
What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry?

;)

thundahthighs
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Anyone?

I don't bite...

:D

DaugT
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey there!!
I am a work-at-home 30-something mom. So occupying my time isn't a challenge... it's finding enough hours in the day! AH!!
I have a job and a business both from home. So definitely have plenty going on.
Definitely don't have as much time to work out as I would like. I was just telling my husband that I really wish this weightloss thing could be my full time job right now!! But hey, I'm doin' it and guess it's better to learn how it will be when it's time to maintain, right? LOL

My eating habits were just terrible prior to a few months ago, but I blame it on the business, stress and not enough rest, not the staying home with the kids. Luckily we have been VERY good about the kids, and what they eat, and how they learn to eat ... my problem was what I was eating when they aren't around, and finishing off their food, and eating sugary stuff to give me energy when I was running on very little sleep.

Hope things are going well for you!! :D

mammasita
05-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Im a 37 yo mother of an 11 year old boy. Im not a stay at home mom, although I would love to be able to do it financially (in addition to hiring a personal chef). Zumba in the mornings, yoga in the afternoons. Yeah Im dreaming LOL

I would have the same fears though, thinking that I would be non-stop eating...all...day.....long. Congrats that you have a routine, a good - working routine for you!

era28
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I am a stay at home mom also. As long as I keep only healthy food in the house I find it easy not to be 'bad'. I do all the shopping so I have control over what is in the fridge for the most part. I never planned to stay home either and eventually will go back to work with the right opportunity. I eat when the baby eats and share my food with him. My son is almost a year old.

We go to the playground everyday, I pick the farthest one so it's a good walk. 1hour 1 1/2 hour a day walking. On rainy days I find it more difficult. I hate watching TV so I could never get into work out videos. I am way to ADD for that. I pretty much need outside activity. However, we live right down the street from a pool, so we went there once a week in the winter.

I am excited summer is almost here because I plan to go to the beach everyday it is nice out.

thundahthighs
05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
DaugT - Yeah, that's a lot on your plate! I know it's nearly impossible for me to lose, and difficult for me to even maintain if I'm facing major stress. I think you should count any progress you make towards healthier living and weight loss as a MAJOR, MAJOR victory with everything you're handling. You're amazing!

mammasita - Oh, I'd like a personal chef too! Around here, I am the personal chef. You'd be amazed how much exercising I don't get done with the little Miss around. Can I get a mother's helper while I'm at it?

era28 - I also walk to a far-away playground, although she's a bit young for anything but the baby swing still. I have just re-acquainted myself with YouTube for quickie workouts... I am OK using my videos (well, DVDs) but I need a bigger selection. I hate doing the same thing over and over and over. Do you have anyone you exercise with?

Carrots for everyone! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm a nut with that carrot smiley. I love it! It's so me!

era28
05-18-2012, 07:12 PM
thundahthighs- We just moved to the area about a year ago. Unfortunately, I haven't met any workout buddies/ friends. I find it hard to meet friends in my 30's. In the past I met people through going to parties/ going out and through mutual friends or through work.
Now that I am a momma, I don't really have a social life. I am also pretty self conscious and get nervous initiating conversations. Maybe once I lose some weight I will be more confident to talk to other moms while I am at the playground or running errands.

junebug41
05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh! Me!

I always kinda wanted to be a SAHM, but I never thought it would be possible. Well, it's possible... we just had to move from Colorado to Nebraska for DH's job to make it possible :lol:

I'm 30 and mom to a 6 month old son. Hmm, no cabinet alphabetizing here; the house we're in at the moment is a tiny rental and there's not much room so I tend to just cram stuff into cabinets and drawers and hope it holds ;)

DS is newly mobile and quite the busy-body so that keeps me pretty busy. II'm having fun making baby food, but I'm sure that will lose it's luster after a while. DH works for a university and we get free tuition so I'm going to take a class or two later this summer to keep my mind sharp.

As for dieting and exercise, I recently started running again. I didn't work out too much during pregnancy and only managed to gain 25lbs, but I do not feel in shape AT ALL. I typically do a paleo-like way of eating and I've had some success with intermittent fasting. I'm still breastfeeding so I don't want to drop my carbs too much, but I feel like I'm at a place where my supply won't be affected if I work on my eating a little bit. The scale is moving - slowly, but surely.

My biggest challenge? SUGAR. Gah. I'm addicted. Our gym membership starts next month and not a moment too soon. Both dh and I have work to do!

astrophe
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, 36. At the SAHM gig for 8 yrs.

Eating? Not changed too much -- actually better since I have to model for kids.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want?

Not in babyhood but once school age -- that opens up a larger window for gym workouts.

What do you do to amuse yourself?

Garden and hardcore volunteer in the charities I care about. Also teach sunday school.

A.

Blueberries
05-19-2012, 10:34 AM

My eating at home is great. Way better than when I've got to be out of the house all day, although I do a pretty good job with that, too. It's easy at home. All my regular staples are here and my food scale lives on the counter.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want?
I don't know that I'd say I have as much time as I want, but I've learned to build it in to my routine so I get to do it. When my first was little little, I didn't have near the structured routine that I do now, so it would have been a little harder. I do look forward to the day when they're both in school and I have more freedom in the schedule.

What do you do to amuse yourself?
I don't remember what I did for fun when I only had one and he was still a baby. I do know I had way more free time than I have ever had since. Trust me when I tell you that all the time you've got now is not going to last, and someday soon you're going to look back and wish you didn't have to build time for yourself into your calendar.

veggiegirl123
05-21-2012, 04:09 PM
:wave:
I've been a sahm for about 6 years now. My kids are 7, 5, and just turned 4.

How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse? It's been so long since I've become a sahm, I don't remember what I ate back then lol. We did eat out a lot more before kids came around.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should? I'm brand new to losing weight and right now I don't work out-need to get on this!

Reading! I've read 100 books already this year and have a goal to read another 140 by the end of the year. Along with reading comes mindless snacking, so that's an area I need to really work on.

JustJ280
05-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Anybody else a stay-at-home Mom in their 30s? I'm a new mother, never planned to have kids, never planned to stay home, doing both... Kind of loving it, but loving it takes effort.

I was afraid if I was home all day it'd turn into an eat all day kind of lifestyle, but especially since she's started solid food at 6 months I find myself eating 3 square meals and a snack - which is what I'm used to.

;)

Hey! I'm 32 and a SAHM to a soon to be 7yr. old and a soon to be 2yr. old! I actually really like being at home. I never thought it was what I wanted, but so far, I'm really liking it. I'm not sure what I will do once my kiddos get older, though... Maybe have another? LOL! I'm kidding! Maybe!

As far as my eating goes, it seems that as their schedules and ups and downs have come, my eating and exercising has also been up and down. For a while, I found it difficult then got into a routine with oldest. Then I went through a hard time eating any and everything because I was afraid of being wasteful and I was stressed. Then we moved to a new place and got settled and suddenly, it fell into place for me and I lost a good chunk of weight. Then child #2 came along and well.... he's been a roller coaster! More than anything, my sleep has been affected which in turn has had terrible consequences on my diet. I just tend to eat and eat for energy. Over the last year, I have managed to lose over 25lbs., but I still have a LONG way to go. And right at the moment, I am stalled out. I am considering intermittent fasting just to see if I can kick-start something because I REALLY want to drop a bit more weight. But so far, I've just been telling myself to hold steady and not give up -- it WILL happen.

I guess what I am saying is that it's had it's ups and downs with different periods being harder than others but I am making due. Working out is coming around slowly but surely, but hasn't been a priority. There just aren't enough hours in the day! My hubby works a nutty rotating schedule, he's in Engineering school full time, oldest child is in school, youngest is still up at night, and did I mention we're remodeling? So yeah... exercise has gotten put to the wayside!

Fun? What is that?!?! LOL J/K! Umm... we take random family trips, I love to read, puzzles, some gardening, and obviously remodeling. But many times we are just too tired at the end of the day and just sit on the couch, talk, and then hit the hay. LOL Geez... I sound boring!

thundahthighs
05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
era28 - I am also struggling to make friends. It can be so lonely! :(
At least when I worked I had "work friends"... I have an exercise buddy, I have a couple girlfriends, although we're all at different points in our lives so that can be hard. It really stinks! I'm right there with you. I just keep putting myself out there, smiling at Mommies at the playground, going to groups, chatting people up in the grocery store... We can do it! :carrot:

junebug41 - I gained 50 lbs!! Boy do I need the scale to move. I was in pretty decent shape before baby - I had been maintaining a healthy weight, was very into yoga, pilates, I'd done 30-day Shred and all that business several times through... but when I stood up from the birthing bed, I knew I was WRECKED. :o
I'm determined to get back into better shape before the next little one comes along.
Your house sounds adorable! We have a smaller space as well - I think we're in 1100 square feet. My challenge is creating storage. I can't believe your little one is moving! Little Miss still hails a cab at 8 months. She's sooooooo close to crawling... but still face-plants every time.
I can't wait to hear about the gym!

astrophe - I'm hoping that modeling good behavior for the little one will inspire me to be extra-virtuous as it has for you! I'm hoping to return to work once the babies are all in school - and since baby #1 is just now 8 months old, it might be a while before I have a block of time that will be my own! When did you start volunteering? How old were your little ones? I have several volunteer opportunities targeted already, but it just seems so impossible right now... one car, no family nearby to sit for me, baby going through separation anxiety... :dizzy: 8 years, good for you! :)

Blueberries - I know, I'm scared of having another!! That's a big reason I really want to PUSH to be back in shape for the second. I'm really hoping to not gain as much - with this pregnancy I was sick for several months and could only eat Rice Krispies. Seriously. TONS of Rice Krispies. Then in the last months I wanted red meat and molasses... and yes, together. I had a hamburger and molasses cookies every night for weeks. Ugh. That, and the 55 hour workweeks which meant no exercise, and my BALLOONED. Yikes.
Next time I will be at home, and maybe I'll be smart enough to not be pregnant all through the Texas summer, so I can get out and walk, walk, walk. Because I know that having two instead of one will be at least doubly as difficult! :dizzy:
Hang in there!

veggiegirl123 - We just quit our massive cable subscription (and have only basic channels now), so I find myself reading much, much more. Turns out I have a really nice library! I have been thinking of having the husband-person get me some books on tape so I can "read" on my elliptical. I know the exercise doesn't "count" as much if you're distracted, but the elliptical is just so.darn.boring otherwise, it just sits there... no clothes on it yet, but it's been used about 7 minutes this week. Can you chew ice while you read? Mmmm... ice. :D

JustJ280 Don't give up! You can do it, you can keep going and trying new things, and something will work! :hug:
You don't sound boring at all! My day usually goes: wake up, feed baby, clean baby, walk, feed baby, clean baby, play, clean house, plead with baby to let Mama be so she can clean house, give up, play, feed baby, clean baby, start dinner, plead with baby to let Mama be so she can make dinner, finish dinner once Papa is home to hold crying baby, feed baby, clean baby, walk, baby to bed... oops, Mama fell asleep nursing baby down. The end.
Now THAT is boring! :dizzy:
If you're doing babies with a hubs on a weird schedule (and we were too, at first he was working 7am-midnight, yikes!) then you're doing enough. :carrot:

Ladies, let's encourage each other. Some days, I look at Laundry Mountain, and the man at the top says: "Go eat a chocolate bar." and I do.
Has anyone successfully sold their dirty laundry? Tell us how!

;)

COchick
05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
I work from home, and I've been doing it for about 7 years now.

How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse?

I think I eat better now...at least, I find it's easier to eat healthy at home. The temptations of eating out and fast food are just too much for me!

No...I'm pretty busy. I do try to fit in some exercise, but it doesn't always happen.

I'm pretty busy...I'm in grad school, I work from home, and I homeschool my 3 kids. So I don't have a lot of free time (well, NOW I'm supposed to be working, but I'm on here, so that's not exactly free :D)

alitorry
05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi!!

I'm a SAHM for 4 years now. I didn't have my first til I was 35 :) So, I now have a 4 yr old and 3 yr old.. I'm actually really happy I have the two close in age (about 1.5 yrs apart), although, I didn't have enough time to lose much weight from the first when I got pregnant with the second. Contributing to my weight staying above 200 for a long time ;(

I just recently started my weight loss journey (Jan 12), but up until then, I stayed with the boys, kept extremely busy on my feet most of the day, but chose the wrong foods. Tried working out, but with my youngest's sleep schedule, I didn't stick to the gym. Tried working out at home, worked fine for minimal stuff. Parks all the time, moving all the time, so I was able to at least maintain my average highest weight of over 200.

Now, I'm super dedicated to my weight loss, healthy food choices in the house, and mandatory time at the gym. Every morning at 9am, 6 days a week :)

I don't really feel like there's much I need to think about to amuse myself. These little guys and the house, chores, errands and such keep me busy enough. But in the late afternoons, we head outside, whether playing in front with other kids, or family walks and bicycle rides take up our day til dinner and baths.

What I think would be really cool for you and I see many around my city doing it, is to look up those mom's groups. They all go walking or running together. It's really kind of neat to see, although I wasn't able to commit to one. Hopefully, you have plenty to chose from. One I used to occasionally hang out with was actually 'moms over 30'. You'd have a lot more in common with those than the early 20s mamas.

Good luck :)

DaisysMomma
05-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Hello! I'm a stay at home mom also, I have 2 girls, ages 2.5 and 4.5. I really love that I'm able to stay home with the kids, but I am so busy taking care of them and the house that I don't really have any time for myself, which means exercise pretty much never happens. I just decided that NOW is the time to get serious about my health, so maybe I'll try going to the gym a few days a week after my husband gets home from work.

I'm very picky about what we feed the kids, unfortunately I don't care about my own health enough to eat the same way. I really want to encourage healthy eating for my kids, and keep them fit and healthy. I know if I eat how they do, I will eventually be fit and healthy as well. I have a long way to go!

oppscdaizy
05-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm a 29, almost 30 (hence the reason here... have more in common with 30 something then 20 somethings), stay at home mom.

Staying at home has helped my diet SO much. I can plan good meals and snacked. When I was working full time I ate out almost every lunch, and a lot of breakfasts/dinners too because I was just too tired to cook when I got home. Now I cook at home and don't keep junk at the house. I am losing weight being home much easier then at work.

thundahthighs
05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
COchick - Oh my gosh, you have about 4 full-time jobs! If you're fitting in any exercise, you're amazing! :carrot:

alitorry - We're considering adding to our family, and Little Miss is now 8 months old. I keep hearing that closer in age is better, for so many reason. I'm scared! I have joined a library group, and we love it. Six days a week at the gym is amazing, keep up the good work! :carrot:

DaisysMomma - It can be so hard to take time to make yourself something healthy with the baby(ies) yelling for their food, I know! We have to, we have to, we have to! You're worth it. :hug:

oppscdaizy - I found I had more in common with 30somethings from about 26-27 onward. Heh. I'm so in awe of all the ladies who eat better at home... I'm in good, motivational company here! :D

I'm sorry I'm a little brief today, I can hear the baby chatting to herself after her nap, which means I'm moments from being yelled for... or at...
And it's lunch-time here! Another chance to eat something healthy for me!

:carrot::carrot:

thundahthighs
05-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Just a little TLC for the SAHM (and others!) thread.

I saw another Mommy while I was out walking today... and I said "Hello!" but kept going, and then I thought maybe I should have stopped and made a friend.

What do you think, ladies? Would you like to meet someone while out checking your mail? We are neighbors, I was walking in my neighborhood, about a mile from my home.

lillypad
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi I am 34 and stay at home, I have a 6 yr old and a 5 month old. My problem is being lonely, bored and tired. When any of those are around in the day, I eat. I eat to stay awake, I eat to kill time and I eat when I need a friend. I just started my weight loss journey today, so hoping this gets better for me.

HotMessMom
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi! I'm 35 and I've been a SAHM since my son (3) was born. I also have a two year old girl. They are 15 months a part! Staying at home has been a huge adjustment for me but I'm feel very fortunate I'm able to do so :)

When my son was born my eating was the same, I was eating good before he was born. Then after my daughter was born, I starting seriously dieting and failed miserably every time!
I definitely don't have enough time! My husband is gone to work 11 hours a day :( I just signed up for a boot camp type class, it starts on Monday. I'll be leaving and getting back before he has to get ready for work! I'm excited about it!
What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry
I make and sell hair bows, it relaxes me. I usually only get to do that in the evening after my kiddies are in bed and after I'm caught up on house stuff, etc. I'm finding this toddler age is tough!!

thundahthighs
06-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi lillypad! Come here and socialize with us. Being at home can be lonely. I knew I would really feel isolated, so I made it a priority to make Mommy friends, and get me and little girl into activities ASAP. I still had some lonely-meltdown moments. Does your local library give a Baby hour? All kinds of friends to be made there! Plus, if you live close enough, weather permitting, you could walk to Baby hour, and there's exercising and friends in one outing! :hug: Hang in there Mama, and come visit us again soon!

Hi HotMessMom! I love your username! We're thinking of adding another to our little brood - mine is 8 months old now, and I can't imagine being pregnant with her around at all, ever. She is <ahem> a diva. A D-I-V-A. But I want her to have siblings, so I'll have to be brave sometime. I want to hear how bootcamp goes on Monday... those classes seem like so much fun, but I'd need a whole gaggle of girls to go with to work up the nerve. But you should do a before and after pic, because the afters, once you finish, are always so AMAZEBALLS! You can do it Mama! :carrot:

thundahthighs
06-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Just stopping in to say: Thank goodness for hubbies that understand!

The only reason anything got cleaned up today is because that man was on baby duty about 5 minutes after he walked in the door.

:dizzy:

OhThePlaces
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm not actually a 30-something yet (28), but I am a SAHM and can relate to you ladies so much! :hug:

I have a 3 year old son and 17 month old daughter. I love being a SAHM! As for it affecting my diet, there's good and bad. We don't eat out nearly as much as we did before kids (to conserve our budget) so that helps. I also feel like I live in my own little bubble and can buy exactly what food I want for our house without worrying about being tempted by goodies that co-workers bring in. BUT I have to make an effort not to finish whatever food and snacks the kids leave on their plate. For a while, I felt like I was the garbage disposal, eating whatever food they didn't finish because I didn't want to be wasteful.

We just moved (back) to Florida in March and it's been pretty lonely since I haven't met any SAHM friends. We do storytime at the library, go to parks and the gym. Now that it's warm outside we'll probably spend a lot more time in our community pool.

Mom3LoveBugs
06-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi ladies! :wave:

I am 31 years old and have been a SAHM for 6.5 years... WOW has that gone fast! I have 3 children... 2 boys and a girl ages 6.5, 5 and 2.

Both of my boys will be in school full time this September so it will be weird to only have one child at home. Looking forward to some one on one time with my girly love though!

In 2011, I resolved to get healthy and have been steadily plugging along every since. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs total and I am currently 15 lbs away from that. It is HARD but I will get there.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday! :)

Hvnlymzic
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Hello TT (and everyone else)!

I'm Sam and I've been a SAHM for nearly 4 years...and I love it! It is what I planned from the beginning. Before staying home I was an elementary school music teacher and loved that too...but couldn't wrap my head around being with other people's kids while other people were with my kid. So, because it was a financial possibility, I left my job and have loved being home with my sweet kiddo. I actually watch my niece (1yr old) every day for my sister and watch one of my cousin's two little ones a couple times a week. SO still caring for other people's kids...just doing it with my own around as well.

Being at home didn't really change my eating habits...a little background on me. I have always been heavy...since I can remember anyway. I had trouble getting pregnant and decided to lose weight before seeing a fertility doc because I knew they'd suggest weight loss anyway. I lost 90lbs in 9mo (safely and through good eating habits, not on any crazy tricky thing) and went to see the Doc only to test pregnant in her office that day. Through my pregnancy, I gained most of my weight back (boo!) and have since then stayed right at my top weight for the last 4 years. I'm tired of it and would like another little one...hubby REALLY wants another one...and so I'm committing to lose it again. I ate like crap before I left work and still ate like crap afterward :)

I am just starting again..and 3FC was a big help to me in my past weight loss. I love the support here and love chatting with others who are like-minded. Hopefully this is the kickin' group that I'm looking for. (Before now I followed a group with others who were on the same diet plan I was...well I'm not doing a specific plan now, so I don't really fit in there. And the group for women in my weight range aren't very active (ha!...pun, never mind)...so I'm hoping this will be the place. Nice to get to meet you all. :)

MrsShanB
06-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi! I am a stay at home mommy. My kids are 5 (daughter) and 2 (son) and I have been staying at home for almost six years. I was doing good with my weight till after my son was born. My thyroid stopped working. Right now I am in the middle of Insanity 60 day challenge. It is hard for me to fit working out in. As of now I go to my in laws to work out. My MIL and I work out and then go for a walk. I have also tried the Advocare to lose weight (did the 24 day challenge lost 19 lbs and 21 inches) but I didn't like all the pills. So I still occasionally drink the spark but that is about it. I was 92lbs before kids/thyroid and at my heaviest I weighed 248. Right now I weigh 192lbs. I would like to get down to 105-115. I am 5'1" :) I am hoping to have time to pop in here often, because every one I know works and has no time to help me get through my weight loss struggles.

Hvnlymzic
06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
MrsShanB - welcome to 3FC...I'm new to this board, but have been around the website for a while. This is a great place to find support. Hoping to hear good things from you :)

thundahthighs
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi ladies!!

:carrot:

Sorry to have been away for so long. I missed coming here and checking in with the mommies! Hope you've all been well, and working on those goals, and chasing those little babies here and there and everywhere.

If you're following my thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/188217-my-next-goal-15lbs-4-months-4.html) about my weight loss (which if you're not, come join me and cheer for me, I need some encouragement) then you know I'm trying intuitive eating now. It'll be a trip, I'm sure.

What has everyone been up to with their summer? Anyone taking the kiddos to the water parks? Barbecues like crazy?

OhThePlaces - Welcome aboard! I'm working on meeting and making friends too. It's so hard - sometimes I feel desperate.
I'm not tempted to finish her food yet - maybe because she's still nursing and only started eating about 3 months ago. But I bet curbing that habit makes that scale move in the right direction. As a famous "one-biter", those bites add up! Go, mama, go! :carrot:

Mom3LoveBugs - So let me do the math here... you've lost... hmmmm... 100 -15 = 85 pounds. YOU'VE LOST 85 POUNDS!! :carrot: :carrot: :hug:
That's amazing, mama! All with 3 kids, too. You're an all star. Please come visit regularly and share all your tips with me.

Hvnlymzic - Hi Sam! So many people lose and then regain... you're not beat until you quit! You've done it before, and you can do it again. We're here to support you, and hopefully get you back to all-nighters and diapers and adorable little socks getting stuck in the washer. You can do it Mama, let's go! :carrot:

MrsShanB - :hug: It's hard when your body changes. You can do it, and we're all here to help you! You've already lost a lot, and against some steep odds... you can do it Mama! You're on the right track, and now it's just a matter of settling in for that long haul. Let's go together! :carrot:

thundahthighs
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
<ahem>

SHE'S NAPPING ON HER OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 WEEKS!!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Yeah. Developmental milestones are an itch and a half. She accomplished crawling, raising herself to sitting, waving and clapping all within the past 5 days. Which means she hasn't been napping alone in a while, has been all about nursing and eating and eating and nursing (where does she keep it all?!?!?!?! Oh wait, she threw up from being over-full, oops.), and has just been a pill. An adorable little pill.

So, am I tackling all that laundry and housework with my fabulously free-again 2 hour afternoon time slot?

Nope. I'm online. :devil:

thundahthighs
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Well ladies, I hope my long-overdue update finds everyone well. Our Independence Day was very low-key, but after getting her sleep back on track after her big milestone sprint (crawling, pulling to standing, stepping, waving, and clapping) the 4th found her awoke with fireworks. And now she is teething. So it's back to a constant struggle to get her to rest comfortably.

How was everyone's holiday? Did we all make it through without too many hotdogs, or are you, like me, walking off all that delicious, salty goodness?
Did anyone host a big bash? Want to share your tips for us for next year? ;)

thundahthighs
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
We had such a nice play-date recently. It's a little intimidating trying to find friends for two people - but my new mama friend and her daughter seem to be a good fit for us.

Any other Mamas doing organized play-dates or impromptu? Is food factoring in? I brought a little food gift with me, but in general I'm hoping to plan play-dates around meals, so I'm not stuck eating something that doesn't work for me...

thundahthighs
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
It's so echoey in here.

Come on ladies, lets get chatting!

Puffyamiyumifan
07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Just found this thread, have not read through all of it but I am a SAHM in Nebraska...we have 5 children ages 10, 7, 28 mo and twin 17 month olds. I never thought I would be till the twins came but daycare for all 5 let alone just the babies is outlandish!

My issue was until just recently I was rage eating.... I would get frustrated with the 2 yr old and just eat. Like I was possessed!

I also have a chronic pain issue due to shattering my ankle in a car accident in 2003. Walking hurts heck sitting hurts! But when I get down to the 180's I should be able to get a new ankle, so that's what I work for:)

sagebrush
07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm a 38 yr old SAHM of five. My kids range in age from 12 to 18 mths. I lost my baby weight with my older kids through weight watchers or calorie counting, but with my last baby, it's been so much harder. I think it's a combination of getting older and having more on my plate (my youngest two are quite the handful, lol). I've started back to calorie counting but my biggest challenge is sticking to a daily schedule, especially in the summer. The lack of structure is not good for my willpower, apparently! When the older ones go back to school, I'll get back into my gym routine. For now, I'm trying to get everyone out of the house each day to stay busy and away from the kitchen where I tend to graze.

mortonpixie
07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey there, Mommas!

I'm at home with kids 14, 10, 5 and 3. I home school the 10 and 5yo and my 14yo will start public High School in August (eeps!)

I have a home daycare with 4 children ages 4, 3, 17mo and 12mo.

:dizzy: I am clinically insane :dizzy:

:lol:

Nice to meet you all!!

ChickieChicks
07-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi ladies! Just popping in to say hello.

I am a SAHM to two boys, ages 4.5 and 6.5. Love the craziness and am a huge fan of playmates, moms groups, etc. I started watching preschool Spanish lastear, and will continue this year as well. It's only one morning a week.

I am currently struggling with bad migraines, which is making everything seem so hard!

thundahthighs
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Nice to meet everyone!

puffyamiyumifan, what an awesome goal, a new ankle! I eat when I'm frustrated... it's kind of similar to the rage. It helps to identify why you're emotionally eating, but I can't say I"ve had any luck stopping. How's it working for you?

sagebrush, I know just what you mean by the schedule helping your eating. I struggle to stay sane and on schedule with one, I can't imagine more than one! Some of you gals are handling a small herd! Good for you (I say instead of "Better you than me!") and keep up the good work! :carrot:

mortonpixie, and a daycare? :dizzy: That is a little nuts. It's good to meet you, don't forget to come visit us with your 3 free seconds daily! Oh my oh my that just seems like a lot to do. I bet you have energy for days.

ChickieChicks, I hope those migraines start becoming less frequent. I also love a playgroup... I can just yammer and yammer with the other Mommies. Plus it's good for the kids, no? Right? :D

Puffyamiyumifan
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
puffyamiyumifan, what an awesome goal, a new ankle! I eat when I'm frustrated... it's kind of similar to the rage. It helps to identify why you're emotionally eating, but I can't say I"ve had any luck stopping. How's it working for you?

It is challenging for sure... I have my moments... I was so angry 2 days ago I had a huge bowl of ice cream. At the time I was like " I don't care, I have given up so much and put up with so much BS and this will make me feel good... Messed up I know!

Kymish
09-30-2012, 04:14 PM
im a 31 year old SAHM to a special needs 10 year old girl. well shes in school during the day so thats this mommies time to make healthy recipes and get in some workouts.
i absolutly love zumba for the wii! espeially on those cold days i cant get out to walk
20 some lbs gone and 60 some left to go !
im also new to 3fc and looking to make some motivational lady friends !

dawnrnay3
10-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi Kymish, welcome! I am new to 3fc and also a sahm. Congrats on losing 20lbs! I haven't tried zumba but I hear great things about it! We are planing on buying a wii pretty soon so I will have to look for that one!

NoSuchUser
10-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm a 29 year old stay at home mom to a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I haven't worked since my son was born. All of my friends are in their 30s & approaching 40 though so lifestyle wise I'm in that category!

The hard part for me: Letting my kids have occasional indulgences & treats and resisting myself! Happy meals with friends at the park, ice cream man when he rolls down our street, baking & eating cookies. I want them to learn that as long as they are eating their healthy meals, it's ok to have a treat too. I grew up in a junkfood/fast food free family & in college i went totally wild with eating those. I just don't do well with having their treats around, I have to stay away & consider things like avocados a treat for myself.

The awesome part: We are members of a fantastic family oriented athletic club (lifetime), and while my son is at pre-K, I work out. My 2 year old gets to go in the kids area, which is really nurturing & she's supervised by workers who actually get down on the floor and play with her. Her friends are their too (other little siblings of kids at my son's preschool) and I feel totally comfortable with her there.

So basically I work out 5 days a week and am good to do an hour long spin class & then some strength or yoga.

I have to get in the mindset that working out is my job from 9-11am. So no skipping for coffee dates, target trips, etc. It's not as important & it can happen later in the day after kids nap.

mscreneet
11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Hello Ladies
I had no idea that this board existed
I am a SAHM, 38 years young with a 17, 2, and 1 year old.
My 2 youngest are girls and VERY demanding. Im usually chasing them around the house and grabbing things before they can get to them...lol

Im working to lose this weight that seems to want to stay with me.
Im a very emotional eater so im working on that.
I get upset...I eat...I argue with hubby I eat...kids stress me out...I eat
That has been my challenge.

I see the board isnt that active but i plan to check in often and hope some of you ladies do as well. Hopefully we can start to motivate each other in a positive way and get this board alive.

Enjoy your day ladies!!!

angieand2girls
11-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I was a stay-at-home mom when I was married (now divorced)...now I'm a single, live-at-home-with-parents-with-my-kids mom lol. Right now, it works because I'm able to focus on weight loss and health. I want all the weight off before I move to another state and get back into corporate america. I don't weight to be an issue when that time comes. Hope this thread livens up soon! :D

mscreneet
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I was a stay-at-home mom when I was married (now divorced)...now I'm a single, live-at-home-with-parents-with-my-kids mom lol. Right now, it works because I'm able to focus on weight loss and health. I want all the weight off before I move to another state and get back into corporate america. I don't weight to be an issue when that time comes. Hope this thread livens up soon! :D

Looks like you've lost a good bit of weight already. Thats awesome!! what type of plan if any, are you following? or are you just kind of do your own thing?

mscreneet
11-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Just checking in to keep the board alive.
Have a great day everyone!

junebug41
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Hello Ladies
I had no idea that this board existed
I am a SAHM, 38 years young with a 17, 2, and 1 year old.
My 2 youngest are girls and VERY demanding. Im usually chasing them around the house and grabbing things before they can get to them...lol

Im working to lose this weight that seems to want to stay with me.
Im a very emotional eater so im working on that.
I get upset...I eat...I argue with hubby I eat...kids stress me out...I eat
That has been my challenge.

I see the board isnt that active but i plan to check in often and hope some of you ladies do as well. Hopefully we can start to motivate each other in a positive way and get this board alive.

Enjoy your day ladies!!!

I totally forgot about this thread!! I'd love to keep checking in.

I'm a boredom eater, so I try to not be idle. DS is still taking two long naps a day,but as long as I keep busy I fare alright.

OhThePlaces
11-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi mamas! I totally forgot about this thread, so I'm glad to see it's still around. :)

Things have been going well lately... Staying busy with the holidays. Plus my best friend is getting married in two months and I'll be her MOH... Talk about extra motivation! We've been utilizing the gym a lot lately and it helps relieve stress, since I can drop the kids off at the on-site childcare room, then spend an hour or so working out my frustrations on the cardio machines. ;) Yesterday was so frustrating that we went to the gym in the morning, then I strapped them into the double stroller before dinner, stuck my earphones in and took a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood... My husband was working late and I just needed a break!!

Bec259
11-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi ladies, can I join in please? :D
My name is Bec & I am a stay at home mummy with 3 boys. Alex is 7, Sam is 3 & Benji is 7 months.
They keep me very busy as my husband is on a 10/4 roster working away from home. My husband & I have been married for 13 years.
I have been parking the car then walking to school pushing the pram, but it is getting way too hot now even at 8.15 in the morning.
We're going to have to go in the late afternoons, but it's hard to find motivation then.

angieand2girls
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Looks like you've lost a good bit of weight already. Thats awesome!! what type of plan if any, are you following? or are you just kind of do your own thing?

Thanks! I follow "Angie's plan" LOL! Yeah that's my own thing. I actually have a 1 year plan on spreadsheet (I love creating spreadsheets). I do tweek it when I think of new things I'd like to incorporate. I calorie count and track macros too. I track exercise and a host of other things lol. It's been working great so far. :)

mscreneet
01-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Hello ladies!!!

Looks as if the board fell off again so hopefully we can somehow revive it.
Im having a hard time fitting in a workout with my 2 little ones.
I have a soon to be 2 year old and soon to be 3 year old..lol so yes it very busy in my house. They both are battling the terrible 2's stage and its so hard to get any free time.
Once the weather warms up a bit ill be more prone to take them out for walks in the stroller.As for now we walk through the mall but I dont feel that like thats doing much.
Uggghhh...so frustrating.

Betba
01-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Hiyyeee!! =D

I'm a 33yo sahmama to a 10 year old boy! I've been with my hubby for 13 years. I would love to have another baby, but I don't have them very easy. So if we have one it's meant to be and if not oh well! One is enough. =)

I do a lot of socializing (host 4-5 times a week). I work out at the gym when my son is at school. I have a small side project/business crocheting old fashioned accessories(hats scarves hand warmers). I go to a crocheting group on Tuesdays. =)

I TRY to clean up the house in between all my fun stuff.. I also make dinner every night! Usually from scratch meals. While taking care of 4 dogs (1 90lb mutt and 3 lhasa apsos) and two cats

So yeah, I have a lot going on.:D

emurph
01-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi! Just found this thread.

I'm a 31 year old SAHM to a 2 year old little boy. I have recently (finally!) dropped below my pre-pregnancy weight which was too high to begin with. My son was a pretty difficult baby and I deal with stress by eating. He has chilled out so much though, so I'm finding it a lot easier to stay on track.

My current goal is to get into the healthy weight range for my height. Then I will reassess where I want my next goal to me. Long term, I'd like to be in maintenance mode by the end of this year so we can TTC #2 when my husband comes home from deployment.

I'm currently using LoseIt!'s app and website to track calories. I get up at 5:30am a couple days a week to walk/jog on our treadmill. It seems to be working pretty well for me.

mscreneet
01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies
Im so glad you all found the page.
Im hoping that we can all stay on track, bond,and keep the page alive.

You all sound like some busy women...lol
I guess we all are.
I have a 1, 2 and 17 year old. Yep...we started all over.
My 2 youngest are super busy and both seem to be going through the terrible 2's right now so im all over the place. I also run a travel agency business so Im usually trying to handle that in the midst of making sure my girls dont tear my house down.

Im a very emotional eater which has been a big problem for me but Im a work in progress.
I cant wait to get to know each and every one of you.
Today starts a new day for me of being motivated, eating right and living healthy!!!

SarahFairhope
01-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Hello!:wave:

I think I'd like to jump in too. I have been spending most of my time on the 100lb club, but I think it slows down there once you get in the 190s or so. I'm looking forward to having another solid place to go after I reach that milestone!

I'm 29, married 8 years with two planned boys, 3.5 & 1.5. Right now, Im a SAHM until we settle down out west later this summer. Then Im going to finally have to decide what I want to be when I grow up... Grad school? Law school? :?:

mscreneet
01-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Are any of you on Myfitnesspal? Im hoping to be consistant with counting calories and keeping track of my activity

SarahFairhope
02-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Are any of you on Myfitnesspal? Im hoping to be consistant with counting calories and keeping track of my activity

I dont use MyFitnessPal, but I use LoseIt. They are very close to one another, I just happen to prefer LoseIt. I think you'll love it! Im coming up on 40lbs lose using LoseIt!

concminus40
02-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi there! I am a SAHM to 3 kids. Mine are at school all day, so I am able to get to the gym during the day. I am on my fitness pal, feel free to add me. I am conc1 I am loosing 40-45 lbs.

mscreneet
02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I dont use MyFitnessPal, but I use LoseIt. They are very close to one another, I just happen to prefer LoseIt. I think you'll love it! Im coming up on 40lbs lose using LoseIt!

A friend also suggested that I try loseit
I signed up today but guess I need to work with it a bit more
Im going to use both till I see which works better for me
i did notice that loseit gives me more calories to use during the day

mscreneet
02-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Looks like everyone has been M.I.A
Hope you all are doing well with the weighloss
I'll be weighing in tomorrow.

mscreneet
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Checking in again.
Where is everyone?

Loseit
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Hi All
I would like to join in as well... SAHM.. 3 kids .. Almost 6, almost 4 and a 2 yr old... Two girls and the little one is a boy...The girls go to school and daycare... Youngest is home with me.. All of them are home by 1 in the afternoon...
So I am usually on my toes all day!
My highest after the third one was around 205 in 2010.. Lost some weight and have been maintaining around 150 for a while..
I am back on the wagon... Coz I want to push it a little more and try to reach 125.. I am so sick of the tummy fat... All three of my kids were c-secs... So never really worked on strength training... I had gestational diabetes with the third one... So i want to be somewhere in the middle of the recommended weight (110-140)...
My biggest enemy.... Binge on junk when stressed out...
I have started P90 x lean ...and am doing it religiously for over two weeks now!!! I only know how I manage to take time out to do it... Sometimes at 11 in the night when the kids are sleeping... Fortunately, I am seeing results... Especially toning, strength and flexibility.. I am also counting calories!!
Whoa, I just wrote a book on myself!!! Sorry for the long post!!

Tripletmplus2
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi ladies,
I would love to join in.
I am A SAHM for 2 years now, prior to that I only worked part time at night. I have 5 kids, a 16 year old step daughter who lives with us, a 10 year old daughter and 19 month old triplets. All c- sections :) ,I was always fit looking, very curvy. Since I started staying home with the babies, I have let myself go, in more ways then one... I am like a prisoner in my home, and eat like there is no tomorrow. It's terribe. I am on track to start Qysmia is 2 weeks, because I am at rock bottom. It's a shame I am where I am with my wieght. It controls me almost. Its always on my mind, and I'm starting to just be plain miserable to everyone. My husband works 14 hour days 6 days a week, and we just moved 1800 miles away from all family and friends 6 months ago. I am new to posting so any and all support advice comments are welcome!!! I have always been so friendly and personable, but lately I'm to insecure and busy with children to do anything but adaily walk with the triplets .... Look forward to hearing from you all

Loseit
02-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi Tripletmplus2!!
I understand your situation. I had my 3 kids home for some time and it was really crazy ... At least there was some age difference between them. When looking after kids, its so easy to let go... Taking care of ourselves is the last thing we would think of. I realized, I had to do something after hitting 205. I started slow. Like adding a few jumping jacks in between serving lunch to kids. Walking around the house when talking over the phone. Adding a little more movement wherever possible. Reducing portions, one thing at a time.. So if i ate 20 french fries, i started with 18.. And drinking water whenever i felt like snacking... Sometimes, it did work sometimes it did not.
I saw that you have posted another post about taking Qysimia. I was waiting for replies, but no one has answered yet. I may be speaking out of turn, but is that something that your doctor has prescribed? I read a little about it and it looks like the other weight loss pills. I had at one point of time taken hydroxycut to fasten the weightloss process but then i realized that i did not have to do it and should try doing it naturally..coz u dont know what side effects may be in the long run. I would suggest trying on your own for sometime (month or two) and see where it goes.. And if losing weight does not come naturally to you, Qysimia is always available... I mean unless its been prescribed for u right now..

Tripletmplus2
02-17-2013, 04:01 PM
thanks Loseit,

I am surprised no one has replied, maybe its to new? Yes, my doctor suggested it, I have a serious issue with eating. I mean, I can eat and eat and eat and never feel full. I drink water, I have tons of healthy choices, and I do good for 2 or 3 days then binge and stuff my face for 2 or 3 days. I am so active with my 5 kids, and I guess that's why im not 315. I never sit down, ever!!! ;) :dizzy: I want to be fit and more secure so bad, it haunts me. So, why do I binge and destroy what I want most, its nuts???? I enjoy eating so much, its so silly??? I myself tried diet pills in the past and I was very successful. my weight gain started as I was going through terrible fertility issues. 4 years latter I have the triplets, and 2 years latter here I am at 215. I am comfortable at 160, and lived between 140 and 160 for 5 years after my 10 year old was born, so it is possible, but I did jump start that off with ephedra diet pills, and look what happened there...scary. so I am nervous to begin another diet pill, but I am so at my wits end. hopefully I will get some feed back on qysmia, I read up on it, and the risks are similar to any other diet pill, less serve than the ephedra, thank goodness. thank you so much for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time.

Loseit
02-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey tripletmplus2, just checking to see how things are? Did u start taking Qysimia or not? My two girls have their bdays in march end and april 1st week.. So planning to lose 5 pounds by then!!!! Yeah "aim high and then see where it goes!!!" thats what I have been doing for a while.. But i really hope to be out of 140's by april first week ..so lets see!!! Have to go to a bday party tonite so am on elliptical now to afford a piece of cake!!!

mscreneet
02-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Hello ladies
So sorry I have been MIA
Ive been so extremely busy these last few weeks.
Out of town / traveing, chasing the kids as usual and trying to keep up with my travel business. Whew Im tired just typing that...LOL
Im about to read all the new post to see what everyone has been up to.
Hopefully I can get back on track soon with posting daily.

Tripletmplus2
04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Losit,

I haven't started to lose, I actually gained 5 pounds,:( however, I did just get an elliptical and have done 30 min 3 nights in a row. I still haven't received the medication, it was shipped today. Fingers crossed, and I'm sayi g prayers that I can finally get myself back together. I am so tired of feeling this way. I will check in a week after I start the med. thanks for checking in!!! N.

FitMamaOfTwo
04-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Hello! I am almost 39 (!)and I have a one month old daughter and a two year old son.

lindalee9
04-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Hello,

I am 33 with 3 kids. I had 3 c-sections within 3 years. I think we are done. My youngest is 4 mos (girl), then I have a 19 mo old (girl) and a 3 year old son.

I lost about 20 lbs after my son was born before I got pregnant with my next and then didn't really do anything in between her and the next one.

I eat much better now, since we never really leave the house LOL! And since money is tighter, we don't eat as much which helps also.

NO! I would love to join a gym because I love workout classes, but there is no way at this time in my life. I just do workout DVD's and HULU workouts as time allows. My kids usually just hang out while I am doing them, but if the baby needs me, then I just pause it and try to come back later.

Ha! I have 3 little kids! We're lucky if the is reasonable clean, dinner is on time, and everyone's happy. Joking aside, I usually waste my random moments of free time by going online!

Loseit
04-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Tripletmomplus2, i have been watching the Qsymia thread!! This one has been inactive for quite some time... As for me i am still around 145 + or -2 ... Both my girls has their bdays this past month.. So been a lot of partying and good food.. Had some stress at home and as i might have mentioned I am a stress eater.. For me its like i really have to work hard.. Like other people would lose 15 pounds for every 5 that I lose... Coz of my stress eating... I have really good 5 days and then i mess it up all in one or two... As long as i am still in this range...
Lindalee9, i am just like u... Fast forward 2 yrs!! 3 c-secs in almost 3 years... Similar combination 2 girls and a boy.. Though the boy is youngest.. And 2 yrs 4 months!!! My eldest goes to kindergarten and the younger goes to daycare..as for weightloss.. I maintained around 150-155 for sometime and now back to lose some... Or not!!! I usually have my kids around when i am exercising... The funny thing is that my kids keep asking each other " can u do this" while trying different poses or the poses they think are exercising moves!!

Sanveann
04-11-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm a SAHM! Mine are 6, 4 and 1 1/2 (the two oldest are boys, our baby is a girl).

Staying at home has helped in some ways -- way less junk food around (I worked at a newspaper, and journalists loooove to eat junk!). It's easier to have healthy options. On the other hand, it's much easier to snack all day at home than it was at work.

As for working out ... that's tough. I'm SO not a morning person, so getting up before the kids isn't really going to happen. Mostly, I work out after they go to bed, but I'm also sort of self-conscious about working out in front of my husband. I just feel goofy ;)

My kids tend to be pretty self-entertaining -- my oldest is on the spectrum and never WANTED to play with me, so I sort of got used to letting them do their own thing! I tend to spend any extra time either attempting to keep the house and laundry manageable, or playing on the computer ;)

Tripletmplus2
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Loseit, with all that going on, good job staying around that mark! I'm a huge stress eater, and I would have gained 10 pounds or so , so high five to you!!!!! I know it's not what we want, but with that stress and major fantastic food such as cake and ect....good job! I just received the med last wednesday, and started taking it then, so far so good, no difference in me in any way really? I have not had the urge to binge stress eat, so that's good, I bought an eliptical 2 weeks ago and made a promise to do it everyday for 30 min. From that I have lost 8 pounds. I haven't seen any wieght loss from the med yet, however today is only the 6th day on the starter dose, so fingers crossed:)

Jenni979
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
May I join?

We have a 2.5 year old daughter. I stayed home with her for about the 1st year and then went back to work. I was working in the ER of our local hospital, but about the 1st of the year they started converting al the full timers to PRNs (not full time = no longer having to offer us benefits) so I opted out and chose to stay home with our little one.

I hit 268 right before I got pregnant... Started to eat healthier and actually LOST weight while pregnant... I got down to 232 recently but as soon as I stopped working I gained almost 10 lbs. 8-(

Come talk to me! How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse? We are all eating beter now. I used to work 3P-midnight in the ER and the hubby works 7 AM to 3PM, so we were always on different schedules which resulted in us being really lazy and eating out A LOT. Now that I am home and cooking our meals, I feel that we are all eating much better.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should? No... I have a membership at a 24 hour gym, which is RIGHT down the road, but I never seem to get there. I keep "planning" on going after the hubby gets home, so he can watch our daughter, but something ALWAYS seems to come up and before I know it it's 11 PM and I am exhausted... I need to just suck it up, schedule my gym time and get it done...

What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry? Hmmmm.... I really don't know... How sad is that? Lately I have been engrossed in the Jodie Arias trial... I am obscessed with trial watching!!! 8-)

Nice meeting you all!!!
Jenni

Loseit
04-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Tripletmplus2.. Good to hear from you.. 8 pounds way to go!! Elliptical is a good investment..(if u use it!!! Lol!!).. I have has it for around 5 years now and either I am on it daily or its sitting in the back of the sunroom for a long time!! Now that summer's around the corner, I am back to lose some for the 100th time!! I wud really want to feel more comfortable in the shorts and dresses I bought last year hoping to fit in them!! Since last week, I am on elliptical everyday for at least an hr and am not weighing myself.. Its a downer, especially when u r working ur butt off!! So may be I will weigh myself mid may...and do my best till then..planning to do some running outside, now that the weather is much warmer!
Jenni979, welcome!!! We are all in the same boat!! Good luck!! Start small and may be go to the gym for 15-20 min whenever u can squeeze in?? May be?? Now a days, i do a 20 min on the elliptical before waking my kids up!! And then 20 here and there whenever possible!! My problem is that either I am too good with staying on plan or I totally suck at it.. And there's no middle ground!!
Right now, am getting on the elliptical to earn that piece of cake I am gonna eat at the bday party tonite!!

ChubbyMum
07-28-2013, 08:48 AM
May I join too?

I am a 34 year old SAHM to three kids, boy 5years, girl 3years and a 7 month old baby boy. My big boy starts school next year but for now they're all home with me.

My biggest issue is lack of time -7 month old is extremely clingy- to exercise and eat so when I get the chance to eat I eat whatever I can stuff in fastest!!

Look forward to chatting with you all :)

CrabNebula
09-15-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm a 30 something SAHM of one school aged child. I weigh 203lbs right now, goal weight is 180. My high weight was around 270-80.

I think I eat somewhat better as I have more time to plan, shop, and cook healthier meals. When I worked full-time, I weighed 270ish. After dropping to part-time and eventually SAH, I am now 203. My husband's weight has also dropped since I started SAH.

Yes. I don't go to the gym because we don't really have the money for that, but I walk 4.25 miles 4-5 days a week over mixed terrain. While I was working part-time, I did a lot of Wii Fit, mostly the jogging in place. When I worked full-time, I didn't do anything, part of why I was fat.

I volunteer doing administrative work at the library and a local animal shelter.

CanadianMomma
09-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Another SAHM here. I've got two little girls; one will be 2 1/2 in November and the other is 1 month.

Before I got pregnant with my first my high was somewhere around 200+lb.

I didn't keep track of my weight with my first pregnancy but once I weaned my daughter at 1 year I weighed 180. I focused on losing weight and dropped down to 160, went into practice maintenance, then found out I was pregnant with my second.

I was at around 165 at the start of my second pregnancy, I weighed around 175 at the end and 1 month postpartum I am somewhere around 155.

I eat much better now, my husband and I had been moving towards a healthier lifestyle before we had kids. Now that we are a little family healthy eating habits has been a top priority for us, and as we all know, kids do as you do, not as you say.

When I first got into exercising my eldest daughter was 1, I had plenty of time to get up in the morning and go for a jog, or even squeeze another one in in the evening. But with a newborn I'm lucky if I have time to form a coherent thought. Any serious exercise is on the back burner for now.

Read. It's something I can do while nursing the newborn and I can justify it with the toddler by telling myself it is setting a good example. She doesn't need to know that sometimes Mommy is ready trashing romance novels!

Hope this thread stays active! I'd love to hear from other SAHM's in trenches.