Ideal Protein Diet - The Canada Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : The Canada Thread

Ei8ht
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Without wanting to create a segregation of sorts, I thought it would be a good idea to establish a 'depository' for all things Canadian in relation to our collective IP-Passage, that is.

While I truly enjoy this forum, the fact that it's predominantly American poses a bit of a disconnect when it comes to products, restaurants etc...
Walden Farms products for example, are sold in Canada but in limited locations http://waldenfarms.ca/

I welcome all Canadians to participate in this thread - it has the potential to be a useful resource for us Northern Folk :]

Cheers,
Élise

evepet
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I've found Walden Farms products can be bought online at a lower cost through:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132_74_393

http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/waldenfarms

FYI, both of these online shops are located at or near Toronto, Ontario.

Ei8ht
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for that! I'm not big on ordering online - but it's clear that I should get with the times lol For anyone who seeks a more visual/ tactile experience, I've been finding lots of Stevia products, dairy-free mayonnaise/aioli in Ottawa.. Here are some of my favourites:

Kardish Health Food Centers offers fresh, natural, organic and whole foods, nutritional products, body care products and provide health information. http://www.kardish.com

Natural Food Pantry offers gluten free items, bulk foods, supplements, organic meats, books, organic produce, natural body care, sports supplements, herbs, homeopathy, specialty food products and have 15 nutritionists on staff http://naturalfoodpantry.ca/

Ottawa Organics and Natural Foods is a delivery program of customized fruit and vegetable boxes that generally come from local, certified organic farmers, delivered right to your door! http://www.ottawaorganics.com

Herb & Spice Shop offers a wide variety of healthy and wholesome foods for many dietary preferences, especially gluten-free, raw food and vegan diets. http://www.herbandspicenaturalfoodshop.com

Rainbow Natural Foods offers everything health related including vitamins, supplements, fresh organic produce, dairy, cheese & eggs, ready-to-eat foods, vegan, vegetarian & raw foods http://www.rainbowfoods.net

Popeye’s Supplements offers an overwhelming variety of all types of supplements at low costs. http://www.popeyescanada.com

Longhorn Energy
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Hello from Alberta! I too have seen many differences between the US and Canadian programs and info. End of week 2 and very happy with the program so far.

Aud007
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
A quick hello from Montreal. I think it's a great idea to have info regarding products / restaurants that can be found in Canada.

ProteinGal
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Great thread.

You can find low sodium President's Choice dill pickles at Superstore/ Extra Foods/ No Frills. These are so good with Dill Zippers.

Great Lakes Gelatin
http://thehealingcanopy.com/brand/great-lakes-gelatin

ProteinGal
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I've found Walden Farms products can be bought online at a lower cost through:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132_74_393

http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/waldenfarms

FYI, both of these online shops are located at or near Toronto, Ontario.

I always thought these were the same company, lol, thanks for setting me straight.

Ei8ht
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Great Lakes Gelatin
http://thehealingcanopy.com/brand/great-lakes-gelatin
How interesting! So, you just add this to any food | beverage and it increases your protein intake?
The site says that each tablespoon (7g) contains 100% Pure Bovine Collagen - does that translate to 7grams of protein?

PS: What part of Canada are you from?
PPS: Could I possibly ask you any MORE questions?! lol

healthmatters
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I am from Central Alberta. This is my first time posting. However, I have maintained a 115 pound Ideal Protein loss for just about one year.
I have tried and like the Simply Bar sold at Superstore.. not found in the
pharmacy section, but rather in an aisle with other protein things. I really like
that they are made in Canada and aren't full of artificial things.

I have used Proteinwell.ca with success and savings compared to a
specialty store in Red Deer. I also like the ChocoRite powder drinks.
I am pretty much using alternatives now as I try to lose another ten
pounds.

I love 3FatChicks forums, but it is frustrating to hear of items that are
strictly US. I tried Direct diet once, but the shipping cost was terrible.

evepet
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I am from Central Alberta. This is my first time posting. However, I have maintained a 115 pound Ideal Protein loss for just about one year.
pharmacy section, but rather in an aisle with other protein things. I really like

pounds.

Kudos to you healthmatters. 115 lbs lost on IP - and maintained for almost a year now. You are definitely an inspiration and an excellent role model for us.

I discovered The Simply Bar and ordered online through Well.ca. I had no idea they were available at Superstores. I bet they're more reasonably priced there as well. I'll make a point to investigate our local Superstore for them this weekend. I also have ChocoRite's cappucchino protein powder mix, which I find a reasonable replacement for the IP cappucchino - especially if I mix in some instant decaf coffee granules.

MrsChill
05-10-2012, 09:59 PM

pounds.

Healthmatters.....congrats on your amazing loss! Are you doing an alternative program or IP? I'm from Red Deer as well!

Chikara
05-10-2012, 10:59 PM
For Ottawa Folks...WF products at the College Square Loblaws at Baseline and Woodroffe in the Kosher section...most products there. Miracle shirataki noodles at T&T Asian Grocery on Hunt Club.

healthmatters
05-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Healthmatters.....congrats on your amazing loss! Are you doing an alternative program or IP? I'm from Red Deer as well!

I am using a few IP things sometimes now. I buy the jello, still, but I might look at that Great Lakes collagen as mentioned earlier. Mostly I use Proti oatmeal from proteinwell.ca for my breakfast and a juice from Protidiet, for lunch. For a snack in the evening I use a bar - simply bar, or slimdown bar from Shppers Drugs or Superstore, or Pure protein bar from walmart. Then I am mixing in chocorite and isofemme powder sometimes. So, I guess in answer to your question, I am doing alternatives. I really want to get to a healthy BMI.... a place I have never been. I am going to keep losing until the end of June and then I'll phase in like I did on IP.

willsmashfat
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
I am in Lindsay, Ontario (near Evepet).
Where do you get Chocorite products?

Ei8ht
05-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Hello fellow Canucks!
I purchased the new Ideal Protein Cookbook from my coach yesterday (which adheres to Phase 1 & 2) and it's pretty awesome - my only point of contention is that 85% of its recipes call for Walden Farms products.

So, I went on a bit of hunting trip today and was successful at larger Metro's. When I got home, I couldn't help but taste test a few.... and um.. barf. What is the big deal about these products?! I'm planning on using them for cooking purposes only that's for sure.

Now, a product I did find absolutely amazing is Wildwood's Zesty Garlic Aioli http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/dips-spreads/spreads/aioli/zesty-garlic-aioli-0 It's honestly so tasty!

Nilouve
05-11-2012, 09:09 AM
[COLOR="DimGray"]

So, I went on a bit of hunting trip today and was successful at larger Metro's. When I got home, I couldn't help but taste test a few.... and um.. barf. What is the big deal about these products?! I'm planning on using them for cooking purposes only that's for sure.

I am in the Ottawa Valley area and am also not a big fan of ordering on line. May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to? I tried the one in Perth with no luck. Other than buying my products directly from my coach (I go to Stitsville) about the only thing I have found in local store are the four flavors of MIO.

sandralosingweight
05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello everybody,

Thanks for this thread.

I live in Laval and work in Montreal, Quebec. Here is where I find the Walden Farm products:

Marché Adonis
Loblaws in the Kosher section (not sure why in this section, but it is always there).

Hope that would help :)

Chikara
05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Now, a product I did find absolutely amazing is Wildwood's Zesty Garlic Aioli [URL="http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/dips-spreads/spreads/aioli/zesty-garlic-aioli-0"]

I agree - it's to die for and I was using it before IP. Love it!!!

Chikara
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I am in the Ottawa Valley area and am also not a big fan of ordering on line. May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to? I tried the one in Perth with no luck. Other than buying my products directly from my coach (I go to Stitsville) about the only thing I have found in local store are the four flavors of MIO.

College Square Loblaws has most products - cheaper than buying from your coach.

ProteinGal
05-11-2012, 11:29 AM
How interesting! So, you just add this to any food | beverage and it increases your protein intake?
The site says that each tablespoon (7g) contains 100% Pure Bovine Collagen - does that translate to 7grams of protein?

PS: What part of Canada are you from?
PPS: Could I possibly ask you any MORE questions?! lol

Yes, you can add it I guess to any beverage but I just mix in with water and gulp it down, every other day. I am from Alberta ;)

evepet
05-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I am in Lindsay, Ontario (near Evepet).
Where do you get Chocorite products?

Willsmashfat. Hi there! Hope things are going well. I ordered mine from lowcarbgrocery.com. I know some people don't like ordering online, but for me it was an easy solution as I don't have a car at present. I also have found lowcarbgrocery.com to be very efficient with fast delivery. It's free delivery for a $99+ order. I've ordered 4x from them now, and have never had a problem. Always delivered to me within 3 days of placing the order.

lindsayk86
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM

I am also from Red Deer. Wow. I was using Ideal Protein up until about a month ago. Now I am doing alternatives. Nice to meet you both.

Ei8ht
05-11-2012, 12:25 PM
May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to?

From the few that I went to, the Metro located on Ogilvie and Montreal Road had the largest selection of WF products. Their products are not centralized however, so you'll need to shop around the isles by type (i.e.: Syrup, Dressing, BBQ sauce).

That said, because you seem to be located in the Westend, your best bet will likely be Loblaws in College Square as mentioned in a previous post.

I did call the Superstores in Westboro as well as in Orléans and found out that they also carry 'some' of WF products. I'll keep looking though because I need to find their sauces which is a major ingredient in the cookbook!

On a similar note, I received the following message back from Walden Farms Canada:

"Thank you for inquiring about our products. The following stores should have some of the Walden Farms product selection in your area. Please note that often not all Walden Farms items are stocked in the same area within the store.

Loblaws Supermarket
980 Baseline Road

Metro **this is untrue**
3310 McCarthy Rd

Alternatively you can request our products from the store manager at your local supermarket or specialty store and we will gladly work with them in getting it closer to your area.**I'm thinking about doing this**

Our site offers the full selection and you can shop within Canada at http://www.waldenfarms.ca

P.S. We introduced two all new products! Chocolate Peanut Spread & Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread available on-line at http://waldenfarms.ca/categories.php?category=Peanut-Spread-

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

David
Customer Service
info@waldenfarms.ca

Busymomx4
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
A quick hello from Montreal. I think it's a great idea to have info regarding products / restaurants that can be found in Canada.

Hi, I'm from Montreal too, i live in the West Island!

Hello everybody,

Thanks for this thread.

I live in Laval and work in Montreal, Quebec. Here is where I find the Walden Farm products:

Marché Adonis
Loblaws in the Kosher section (not sure why in this section, but it is always there).

Hope that would help :)

Hi Sandra, i found that the IGA Extra (remember when we met, how you turned right from the 40 on St-jean, well this time you have to go left, over the 40 and you will have the big IGA on the left). They have tons of WF products, some together (salad dressing, syrup) but a lot of them are with the other regular items (bbq sauce, jelly, etc). I even found the PB there and 3 types of mayo.

Ei8ht
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Just to make mention of another recent thread on purchasing IP products from the Protein Store http://shopforprotein.com

1. Purchasing their products online is the same cost as purchasing from my coach, except their price is $USD;
2. After contacting their customer service with respect to shipping costs to Canada, I received a vague answer revolving around the cost shipping to Anchorage, Alaska ($16) plus the cost of shipping to a Canadian address.

Anyway - I just wanted to mention that their site is garbage, at least in relation to Canadian customers.

sandralosingweight
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi, I'm from Montreal too, i live in the West Island!

Hi Sandra, i found that the IGA Extra (remember when we met, how you turned right from the 40 on St-jean, well this time you have to go left, over the 40 and you will have the big IGA on the left). They have tons of WF products, some together (salad dressing, syrup) but a lot of them are with the other regular items (bbq sauce, jelly, etc). I even found the PB there and 3 types of mayo.

Hey, how are you ?

I have the PB one sitting in my fridge since forever :), I find it yucky, maybe it will be good with an asian style stir fry!

As for the mayo, I bought the original WF one and I add to it some garlic salt sometimes or other spices, but all in all, I am not a big fan.

The only thing that I really like from WF is the thousand island sauce, that is good.

Busymomx4
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey, how are you ?

I have the PB one sitting in my fridge since forever :), I find it yucky, maybe it will be good with an asian style stir fry!

As for the mayo, I bought the original WF one and I add to it some garlic salt sometimes or other spices, but all in all, I am not a big fan.

The only thing that I really like from WF is the thousand island sauce, that is good.

the PB is bad by itself but i like to mix it with my choclate pudding, lol.

KitKat169
05-11-2012, 03:54 PM
the PB is bad by itself but i like to mix it with my choclate pudding, lol.

I use it as a dip for celery and have become addicted to it. The new chocolate peanut butter is good mixed with the chocolate drink and spinach.

PEIslandGirl
05-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Greetings Fellow Canadians from the East Coast. I live in PEI and have to get everything online. I started with a Coach in Halifax (3hr drive), so now doing alternatives - looking for a good replacement for the pudding mixes, I like to use them in shakes (Water, Spinach, WF flavor and Puddng) I find the Whey Protein powders don't make my shakes creamy and rich like the puddings do?

northernfawn
05-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Hello to all my fellow canucks!! I'm in SW Ontario (Oakville-Hamilton corridor)and thought I'd share some of my findings.

I've been to just about every Metro store in this area and can say that the Metro store in Burlington at Millcroft (Appleby Line/Upper Middle Rd) has the largest selection of WF products - I have also found the Shiiratake noodles in the vegetarian fridge in the Metro stores.

There is also a LowCarbGrocery sub-store inside the Nutrition House in the Longo's Plaza at Walkers Line/Dundas St. Here you can get the DaVinci Syrups, some WF products and even Heinz 1-carb ketchup.

Ei8ht
05-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Greetings Fellow Canadians from the East Coast. I live in PEI and have to get everything online. I started with a Coach in Halifax (3hr drive), so now doing alternatives

Hi PEI - welcome!
I was just wondering if you could tell us which online site you go to, and also, provide a list of the alternate products you've been using...

I wish I could make suggestions on protein powder at this time, but haven't ventured there yet. Definitely thinking about it seeing as I'm not a fan of IP drinks..or much of their products actually.

PEIslandGirl
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi PEI - welcome!
I was just wondering if you could tell us which online site you go to, and also, provide a list of the alternate products you've been using...

I wish I could make suggestions on protein powder at this time, but haven't ventured there yet. Definitely thinking about it seeing as I'm not a fan of IP drinks..or much of their products actually.

I have ordered from Low Carb Canada. I can by the following locally Pure Protein Peanut bars for my restricted each day and then I have used different drinks including the GNC Lean Muscle Meal RTD, Pure Protein drinks and also from Costco Muscle Milk light RTD. I still have some IP products left so have been mixing them in as well. As long as you watch the carbs, fat, sugars and calories there are options. Just have found something to replace my puddings:?:

patns
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Just to make mention of another recent thread on purchasing IP products from the Protein Store http://shopforprotein.com

1. Purchasing their products online is the same cost as purchasing from my coach, except their price is $USD;
2. After contacting their customer service with respect to shipping costs to Canada, I received a vague answer revolving around the cost shipping to Anchorage, Alaska ($16) plus the cost of shipping to a Canadian address.

Anyway - I just wanted to mention that their site is garbage, at least in relation to Canadian customers.

I ordered from them and found their service excellent. It is quite a new site; I was in fact their first Canadian customer. So until they got the shipping costs figured out they absorbed the shipping costs for my order.

Then they checked shipping costs and realized for a parcel to go to Alaska it had to go by here and they had free shipping to Alaska. So they they said for future orders I would pay the difference between what it would cost to ship to Alaska and to here.

That said I still got dinged with duty.It is quite annoying to pay duty and then all the packages say made in Quebec on them.

But then again we have no way of buying IP products in Canada without going to a clinic. That is too time consuming for me due to distance and hectic work schedule. Americans can use IPtogo.
So my experience with this company's products and service was very positive but as always the cost adds up quickly when ordering out of Canada.

I am not sure what the deal is with this company, they said they "used" to offer IP and are selling off excess stock put they are offering the new products as soon as they are available in the clinics.

Pat

evepet
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I have ordered from Low Carb Canada. I can by the following locally Pure Protein Peanut bars for my restricted each day and then I have used different drinks including the GNC Lean Muscle Meal RTD, Pure Protein drinks and also from Costco Muscle Milk light RTD. I still have some IP products left so have been mixing them in as well. As long as you watch the carbs, fat, sugars and calories there are options. Just have found something to replace my puddings:?:

Like you, I've had a problem trying to find good alternative puddings. And I've also yet to find a protein powder that produces a thick consistency in a drink/shake... the product(s) I'm using are definitely more watery than the IP shakes.

I haven't yet ordered from proteinwell.ca - but will probably do so by the end of the month. They've got several items I'm interested in, but I want to use up some of my current alternative supply of products before bringing in more. If anybody has tried their puddings or shakes, I'd appreciate a review! Ditto the spaghettini.

http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods

PEIslandGirl
05-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Forgot to mention MIO is on sale at Superstore for $2.99 - still the same 4 flavors as Walmart but almost $1.00 cheaper. Stock up.

Zartas
05-12-2012, 08:14 PM
This is actually my first post but I have been reading most of the IP threads since the end of January. I am from Central Alberta as well. I have lost 56 lbs since Christmas and I am feeling awesome! I am starting to use some alternatives as I get closer to goal. I did my first Nashua order last week. Got 19 boxes of various IP comparable products for 219$, 46$ shipping. Will let u all know in the Alternative thread how it is when it comes. I go to sugar free and more in Red Deer about once a month for WF stuff, pure protein at Walmart or superstore and lite muscle milk at Costco.
You are all so inspiring to me and when I am feeling the wind leave my sails I just start reading posts.
Thanks! Hope I am doing this post right....

Billster
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
This is actually my first post but I have been reading most of the IP threads since the end of January. I am from Central Alberta as well. I have lost 56 lbs since Christmas and I am feeling awesome! I am starting to use some alternatives as I get closer to goal. I did my first Nashua order last week. Got 19 boxes of various IP comparable products for 219$, 46$ shipping. Will let u all know in the Alternative thread how it is when it comes. I go to sugar free and more in Red Deer about once a month for WF stuff, pure protein at Walmart or superstore and lite muscle milk at Costco.
You are all so inspiring to me and when I am feeling the wind leave my sails I just start reading posts.

I LOVE the sugar free and more store in Red Deer (I drive 45 minutes to go there lol). They have a powder drink mix there that is 0/0/0 I can not remeber what its called but the fruit punch one is wicked good! I like them so much better the MIO. MIO gives me killer cramps for some reason and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up about 20 minutes after I drink it. Ask the lady who works at the store, she will know which one.

ProteinGal
05-13-2012, 01:27 AM

:wel3fc: Zartas!

So with shipping how much on average is one packet of food?

Zartas
05-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello. Thanks for the welcome! It looks like packets will Bo approx. $1.90 each including shipping. I chose them based on advice from others in the alternative stickies. Hope they come this week!

Zartas
05-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I LOVE the sugar free and more store in Red Deer (I drive 45 minutes to go there lol). They have a powder drink mix there that is 0/0/0 I can not remeber what its called but the fruit punch one is wicked good! I like them so much better the MIO. MIO gives me killer cramps for some reason and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up about 20 minutes after I drink it. Ask the lady who works at the store, she will know which one.

I am not sure if this is how to reply to a specific post or not? Where do I find instructions on how to post? I agree on the Mio, it is okay once in a while but sometimes when I drink it I feel very full and a little crampy as well. I see sugar free and more still sells it for about $11 a bottle! It is $2 - $3 in the grocery stores...

IPdivajen
05-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Tried that chocolate peanut butter spread and it's actually pretty good! Put it with the chocolate drink in the blender and it makes it insanely thick and creamy - and adds extra flavour!

zabou69
05-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Iam from BC Canada and was wondering more about this Ip diet? What is it? and do you eat their foods or your own? tried looking it up on the net but dont quite understand it. Can someone pls explain more about this diet Thanks so much! I need to lose about 90lbs and this does sound quite interesting.

PEIslandGirl
05-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Iam from BC Canada and was wondering more about this Ip diet? What is it? and do you eat their foods or your own? tried looking it up on the net but dont quite understand it. Can someone pls explain more about this diet Thanks so much! I need to lose about 90lbs and this does sound quite interesting.

If you check out the daily thread for Idea Protein there are stickies that explain everything but in a nut shell you eat 3 IP products, plus 8oz lean protein, 4 cups of veggies, olive oil, sea salt and lots of water. Some people find the products expensive so buy alternatives that have similiar carbs, sugar, etc. Weight varies depending on age, how much weight you have to lose and gender but for women the average is 3-5lbs per week. Once you reach goal (or close to goal) you go to Phase 2, 3 and 4 and then maintence. It is very similar to Atkins but low fat.

Longhorn Energy
05-14-2012, 02:34 PM
And...is normally administered through a health professionals office, mostly chiropractors it seems around here anyway. Your progress will be monitored weekly by a 'coach'. And the program while a bit costly seems very effective for everyone I know that has tried it. I have tried many other diets and this is one of the first that has seemed to work for me. Try find a clinic offering the diet in your area and attend an info night, most have them monthly or more often.

ProteinGal
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Just a heads up for those that do alternatives and or don't see a weekly coach. Ebay ca has a seller who sells one month supply of IP products.

ProteinGal
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello. Thanks for the welcome! It looks like packets will Bo approx. $1.90 each including shipping. I chose them based on advice from others in the alternative stickies. Hope they come this week!

that's a good price! Thanks Zartas!

sandralosingweight
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Like you, I've had a problem trying to find good alternative puddings. And I've also yet to find a protein powder that produces a thick consistency in a drink/shake... the product(s) I'm using are definitely more watery than the IP shakes.

I haven't yet ordered from proteinwell.ca - but will probably do so by the end of the month. They've got several items I'm interested in, but I want to use up some of my current alternative supply of products before bringing in more. If anybody has tried their puddings or shakes, I'd appreciate a review! Ditto the spaghettini.

http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods

Hello there,

I ordered more than once from proteinwell.ca, their pudding is good, but they only have chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch, all of them are very good, tasty and the texture is excellent, but you don't have as much variety, I really wish they had a strawberry pudding for example.

They usually ship within 2 days, but good luck finding a way to contact them, I mean, I never had a problem with them at all, but if anyone has a problem with their shipping, there is no way to contact them except by an e-mail to which they never answer.

evepet
05-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello there,

I ordered more than once from proteinwell.ca, their pudding is good, but they only have chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch, all of them are very good, tasty and the texture is excellent, but you don't have as much variety, I really wish they had a strawberry pudding for example.

They usually ship within 2 days, but good luck finding a way to contact them, I mean, I never had a problem with them at all, but if anyone has a problem with their shipping, there is no way to contact them except by an e-mail to which they never answer.

Thx sandra - at least I'll know not to freak when I don't hear from them. :) I appreciate your review of their puddings. I'll definitely try some of them.

healthmatters
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I am wondering if Protidiet is the same as protithin products? I get protidiet items from proteinwell.ca and I see that Nashua sells proti-thin products.
Are they the same thing? Have you bought from Nashua? Is the shipping and duty very high?
Also, has anyone found the Julian bread in Canada? It looks good for when
moving to the next phase comes along.

Ei8ht
05-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Hi again :]
Although I've never tried anything other than IP products, upon a bit of sleuthing, I can tell you that they are two different product lines, but similar in a high protein-way... Comparing apples to apples (or in this case vanilla pudding) it's clear that IP is the best on the nutritional front, no sugar, less carbs higher protein:

Proti Diet: http://www.proteinwell.ca/protidiet-protein-pudding-vanilla
vs.
Ideal Protein: http://www.idealtogo.com/pop13.html
vs.
Proti-thin:http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/shakes-and-puddings/proti-thin-drink-and-pudding-vanilla-7-box.html

There are many other products on the Nashua site.. but the shipping fees and custom are definitely a deterrent from placing an oder via the US.

sandralosingweight
05-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Hello everybody,

Just want to let you know that yesterday I bought a box of soy nuts from Maxie & Cie, it 650g for $3.

So, I did a little bit of calculation and compared:

650g divided by 30g (which is what a pack of IP soy nuts weigh) = 21.66

So, if I were to buy the same quantity with the IP package, it would have costed me $81.22, I calculated the price of $3.75/pack which is what it used to be when I started IP, but I understood that these prices have gone way up now, so not sure how much they are selling a pack of IP nowadays.

Anyway, so happy with my purchase, I used my digital kitchen scale to weigh a portion of 30g today and I seasoned them with some seasoning salt and enjoyed them for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

ProteinGal
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
That's a good buy Sandra!

I'm seriously thinking of going alternative, "maybe" after a couple of more weigh in's. I know all the phases and pretty sure I can do it on my own and all the coaching from this site ;) We are in the process of buying a new 5th wheel and $ is going to be tight for the summer, especially with the price of gas in Canada too!

When I was doing Atkins I was using Natural Factors Whey Protein. http://www.canadianvitaminshop.com/Product/Natural-Factors-WHEY-FACTORS-HIGH-PROTEIN-FORMULA---Double-Chocolate-Flavour
This product would work out to be about .62 cents a serving!
1 scoop:
Calories 90
Fat 2g
Sodium 30mg
Carbs 2g
Protein 16g

Any of you used Natural Factors doing IP Alternatives?

Ei8ht
05-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Woah. In a conversation with my coach where I was complaining about the taste of the IP food, and refusing to believe that the French would EVER eat anything like this, she told me that IP is Canadian - and that the the products are made in Quebec! The packages do say Made in Canada but I thought that every country made their own or something.. I was under the complete impression that this was a French company - does anyone know?

patns
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Woah. In a conversation with my coach where I was complaining about the taste of the IP food, and refusing to believe that the French would EVER eat anything like this, she told me that IP is Canadian - and that the the products are made in Quebec! The packages do say Made in Canada but I thought that every country made their own or something.. I was under the complete impression that this was a French company - does anyone know?

When I ordered IP products from the Protein store in the US I had to pay duty when I picked up the parcel. Then I noticed on the packages they all said Made in Quebec. So they sent them to the US and then we pay duty when they send them back.

Pat

Longhorn Energy
05-17-2012, 12:10 AM
When I ordered IP products from the Protein store in the US I had to pay duty when I picked up the parcel. Then I noticed on the packages they all said Made in Quebec. So they sent them to the US and then we pay duty when they send them back.

Pat

Haha thats nothing....try buy a Skidoo from the US. Yes manufactured in Quebec, gov grants out the wazoo, and 30% cheaper in the states. If you bring one BACK into Canada you pay gst, duty AND void any warranty. So much for free trade.

But back to IP...I have also been told that IP is a Canadian company but the actual diet was developed in europe. Not sure if right or wrong but the packets all come from Quebec for us...maybe there are plants in other countries as well , im not sure.

Zartas
05-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Hello everybody,

Just want to let you know that yesterday I bought a box of soy nuts from Maxie & Cie, it 650g for $3.

So, I did a little bit of calculation and compared:

650g divided by 30g (which is what a pack of IP soy nuts weigh) = 21.66

So, if I were to buy the same quantity with the IP package, it would have costed me $81.22, I calculated the price of $3.75/pack which is what it used to be when I started IP, but I understood that these prices have gone way up now, so not sure how much they are selling a pack of IP nowadays.

Anyway, so happy with my purchase, I used my digital kitchen scale to weigh a portion of 30g today and I seasoned them with some seasoning salt and enjoyed them for lunch.

Good buy. So are they just plain soy nuts? I am thinking that I could probably get them in th bulk area at the grocery store and season them as you did??

patns
05-17-2012, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE=Longhorn Energy;4336281]Haha thats nothing....try buy a Skidoo from the US. Yes manufactured in Quebec, gov grants out the wazoo, and 30% cheaper in the states. If you bring one BACK into Canada you pay gst, duty AND void any warranty. So much for free trade.

QUOTE]

Probably the same deal if we wanted to buy a jet!

evepet
05-17-2012, 01:42 AM
That's a good buy Sandra!

I'm seriously thinking of going alternative, "maybe" after a couple of more weigh in's. I know all the phases and pretty sure I can do it on my own and all the coaching from this site ;) We are in the process of buying a new 5th wheel and $ is going to be tight for the summer, especially with the price of gas in Canada too!

When I was doing Atkins I was using Natural Factors Whey Protein. http://www.canadianvitaminshop.com/Product/Natural-Factors-WHEY-FACTORS-HIGH-PROTEIN-FORMULA---Double-Chocolate-Flavour
This product would work out to be about .62 cents a serving!
1 scoop:
Calories 90
Fat 2g
Sodium 30mg
Carbs 2g
Protein 16g

Any of you used Natural Factors doing IP Alternatives?

I've been using Natural Factors Whey Factors Protein. I liked the nutritional values it had, and I liked that it's sweetened with stevia. While it doesn't produce as thick and 'shake-like' a drink as I'd prefer, it is quite good. One of the flavors I use is Macha Green Tea... I get a really good dose of green tea powder everytime I use that one. I also got their Vanilla flavor, to which I often add some Capella French Vanilla flavor drops.

ProteinGal
05-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Eve for you review, not sure yet if I will go alternatives, kinda of scared but really like to save money too ;)

I've been reading all about whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate and most of the pros favour isolate. And I see Natural Factors has more concentrate, my mind is boggled with all this ;)

healthmatters
05-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Good morning, all! Looking forward to a long weekend.
I tried "turkey italian sausage" from Walmart, Red Deer. They are very good.
The counts are good, so I think they fit very well. I did them in a
pan on top of the stove, but I think they would barbecque well.
I posted on the daily, but wanted to mention a book I have been
reading. I am not diabetic, but it is good for anyone to help us understand
the insuling/pancreas connection. "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress.
I hope to go to Stettler, Alberta tomorrow to visit Lou's ladies wear stores.
They are closing and so everything is greatly reduced. It's time for some smaller clothes.
Have a great day!!

evepet
05-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks Eve for you review, not sure yet if I will go alternatives, kinda of scared but really like to save money too ;)

I've been reading all about whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate and most of the pros favour isolate. And I see Natural Factors has more concentrate, my mind is boggled with all this ;)

Yes, I recall reading that too. There were benefits to the concentrate though as well, somehow because of the way it is processed.... it was somewhat technical and I can't begin to explain it to you. LOL. Anyway - it made me to decide to go with it. There are lots of options out there though.

ProteinGal
05-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, I recall reading that too. There were benefits to the concentrate though as well, somehow because of the way it is processed.... it was somewhat technical and I can't begin to explain it to you. LOL. Anyway - it made me to decide to go with it. There are lots of options out there though.

Read both review sides, watched some Youtube videos and even did the formula of bottom protein gm number divided by top number serving size (scoop) to see how much actual protein you are getting per serving. One guy said not to waste your $ on anything lower than 20g of protein per serving which NF is. Soooo much confusion. lol

mama21
05-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I know there is a Alternatives thread but I thought I'd ask some Canadians - do you know where to buy some good alternatives? Most of the things listed cannot be bought in Ontario - or at least I haven't been able to locate them. Any suggestions?

Ei8ht
05-17-2012, 04:45 PM
I know there is a Alternatives thread but I thought I'd ask some Canadians - do you know where to buy some good alternatives? Most of the things listed cannot be bought in Ontario - or at least I haven't been able to locate them. Any suggestions?

Hey mama!
I've been consulting with some nutritionists who highly recommend Progressive Harmonized Protein for Women http://www.progressivenutritional.com/en/products-for-women/protein/harmonized-protein-for-women.html
It might be worth looking in health food stores in your area to see if they carry it, or something similar.

I agree that the learning process on protein supplements is daunting and personally not even CLOSE to understanding it >.<

Actually, I'm having a difficult time even understanding nutritional labels (albeit the research I've been doing)!! My qualm is whatever is listed under "Carbohydrates" - the breakdown is usually Fiber + Sugars.

To put this into context I'm looking at IP's Leek Soup Nutrition Facts for example:

Carbs 7g

Fibre 1 g

Sugars 4 g

If I was to use logic I'd assume that from the 7grams of carbs, 1g is from fiber, and 4g is from sugar.. which of course does not add up to 7grams..
I'll obviously have to address this to the nutritionists!

GoodEatsandWine
05-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Actually, I'm having a difficult time even understanding nutritional labels (albeit the research I've been doing)!! My qualm is whatever is listed under "Carbohydrates" - the breakdown is usually Fiber + Sugars.
To put this into context I'm looking at IP's Leek Soup Nutrition Facts for example:
Carbs 7g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 4 g
If I was to use logic I'd assume that from the 7grams of carbs, 1g is from fiber, and 4g is from sugar.. which of course does not add up to 7grams..
I'll obviously have to address this to the nutritionists!

Carbs on nutrition labels were always a mystery to me as well but I think I'm getting closer to understanding it...taking your example:

Total Carbs = 7g
Fiber = 1g
Sugar = 4g

There are 7g total carbs in Leek Soup; but not all carbs are the same, some are digestible and some are not, like fiber carbs are not, so those will be subtracted from the total to get the Net Carbs that are digestible which is 6g.

Diets like Atkins, also allow you to subtract suger alcohol carbs, because these usually don't spike your insulin levels either; I say 'usually' because everyone is different, and have different sensitivities to sugar even with stevia, splenda, or other sugar substitute, that can trick people very sensitive to sugar into thinking they ate real sugar. (This is one of the reasons we aren't allowed to have aspertame, becuase most people's bodies react to it the same as real sugar.) So my coach said to only subtract fiber carbs from the total to get the Net Carbs. These are the carbs you should keep an eye on.

Nads
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Have you tried products from Dr. Bernstein? I buy my oatmeal, puddings and RTD vanilla drink from them.

Aud007
05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi!
Regarding alternatives, I received my first order today from http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

A wide selection of products that allows me to save money while following the protocol. Delivery was super fast and even though it cost me 35$ shipping + 30$ for custom...I get to save 60$ for a month's worth of the same quality products.

patns
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Good morning, all! Looking forward to a long weekend.
I tried "turkey italian sausage" from Walmart, Red Deer. They are very good.
The counts are good, so I think they fit very well. I did them in a
pan on top of the stove, but I think they would barbecque well.
I posted on the daily, but wanted to mention a book I have been
reading. I am not diabetic, but it is good for anyone to help us understand
the insuling/pancreas connection. "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress.
I hope to go to Stettler, Alberta tomorrow to visit Lou's ladies wear stores.
They are closing and so everything is greatly reduced. It's time for some smaller clothes.
Have a great day!!

That is funny you mention Lou's! I am trying to figure out if I can make the time to go to Camrose on Saturday to check out the deals at Lou's there. Now I will be jealous thinking that all the best deals are in Stettler. I don't have the time to go there for sure.
Good luck in your quest for great finds.

Pat

ProteinGal
05-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Well.ca is another great place for ordering in Canada, they have alternative protein products, as well free shipping in Canada, can't beat that ;)

Evepet, they sell It's About Time protein whey isolate there, all natural and the gms look good ;)
http://well.ca/products/about-time-100-whey-protein_27973.html
They also have a like page at facebook.

evepet
05-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Well.ca is another great place for ordering in Canada, they have alternative protein products, as well free shipping in Canada, can't beat that ;)

Evepet, they sell It's About Time protein whey isolate there, all natural and the gms look good ;)
http://well.ca/products/about-time-100-whey-protein_27973.html
They also have a like page at facebook.

Thx ProteinGal. I buy 'The Simply Bar' from well.ca as well. I'll check into the 'It's About Time' protein whey isolate product. Right now, I've got quite a bit of the Natural Factors Whey Factors product left (I bought two flavors.. and they are BIG containers - LOL). I prefer to use at least one of them up before I buy another - but I appreciate the suggestion and will definitely keep it in mind. I'll be on this protocol for months, so will be needing to restock at some point!!

P.S. - just checked your link - I like that it's sweetened with stevia. IMO that's a definite plus.

evepet
05-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Not sure if you've reviewed the earlier posts in this thread, but there is good info there that addresses your question.

I get a lot of my products online through:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132

hot & cold cereals; protein bars; protein shake powders; soy beanits

http://www.proteinwell.ca/

Complete line of diet products - breakfast foods, soups, drinks, shakes, puddings, bars. Compare labels - many are very good alternate choices.

http://www.well.ca

I have bought 'The Simply Bar' from here. They also have other good protein bar and powder/shake products to consider.

Also my local Walmart carries Pure Protein bars and shakes which fit the IP protocol very well.

I just review products labels for various products I might want (hot and cold cereals, protein powders, RTD shakes and bars, soups, puddings, pancake mixes, etc., etc., against the nutritional database for similiar IP products and make the best 'match' possible.

Dr. Bernstein's is also a very good source for hot oatmeal, soup, and shake products that are quite comparable to IP. There are Dr. B's in most cities across Canada, and you can either purchase in person there or online. I've been using their soups quite a bit. If you prefer not to shop online, and have a local Dr. B's and Walmart you can probably find a very suitable alternate supply of oatmeal, soups, shakes and bars through just those two sources.

http://store.drbdiet.com/

locks
05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I have boughten Dr B shakes many times, 8 cases at a time, with the shipping its still a lot cheaper then IP.

JackBs Mom
05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Fort Mac here!
Just started TODAY!
Motivated by all of the successes on 3FC but totally confused with the product talk!

patns
05-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Dr. Bernstein's is also a very good source for hot oatmeal, soup, and shake products that are quite comparable to IP. There are Dr. B's in most cities across Canada, and you can either purchase in person there or online. I've been using their soups quite a bit. If you prefer not to shop online, and have a local Dr. B's and Walmart you can probably find a very suitable alternate supply of oatmeal, soups, shakes and bars through just those two sources.

http://store.drbdiet.com/

Dr B's is a good deal if you go into a clinic, they are happy to sell products to you and the price is right.

But if you order online the shipping is just the same as if you ordered from Nashua is the US. So not a good deal at all.
But their clinics are easy to find in most cities.

Pat

patns
05-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Fort Mac here!
Just started TODAY!
Motivated by all of the successes on 3FC but totally confused with the product talk!

I started at an IP clinic but soon went to alternatives because of the time it took me to get to the clinic.

All the talk is very confusing when you are just starting with alternatives.
I just went to the first post under the Daily thread. The first post every day has lots of links to various topics. Under that you will find a link for alternatives. When I switched I just looked at the nutritional info on alternative products and IP products. Then I selected the products which matched most closely to the IP numbers.
I started with the protidiet and protithin stuff at proteinwell.ca because it was easy to match up and proteinwell is easy to deal with.

Pat

evepet
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Dr B's is a good deal if you go into a clinic, they are happy to sell products to you and the price is right.

But if you order online the shipping is just the same as if you ordered from Nashua is the US. So not a good deal at all.
But their clinics are easy to find in most cities.

Pat

I think it depends on where you live and how far Dr. B's (or Nashua for that matter) has to ship the order. I'm in a city in Central Ontario, north-east of Toronto, and the order came from somewhere around Toronto - in my situation the shipping charges were pretty decent. Out west from TO, not so good. I've 'tested' an order on the Nashua website a couple of times to see what their shipping costs would be for me... they're considerably more than from Dr. B's. (ie triple). So it's something each person has to investigate personally.

patns
05-18-2012, 10:57 PM
I think it depends on where you live and how far Dr. B's (or Nashua for that matter) has to ship the order. I'm in a city in Central Ontario, north-east of Toronto, and the order came from somewhere around Toronto - in my situation the shipping charges were pretty decent. Out west from TO, not so good. I've 'tested' an order on the Nashua website a couple of times to see what their shipping costs would be for me... they're considerably more than from Dr. B's. (ie triple). So it's something each person has to investigate personally.

Mine was $30 for 4 boxes. Not a very large parcel.Edmonton is not all that far away. But I guess that's how they do it. Most places have a flat rate for inside the country.
I never thought of this before but does Canada Post charge more to ship to different provinces?

Zartas
05-19-2012, 02:05 AM
I paid $46 in shipping to Alberta from Nashua. Then uvfortunately had to pay a customers charge of $20. Took about 1.5 weeks.

Zartas
05-19-2012, 02:06 AM
I paid $46 in shipping to Alberta from Nashua. Then uvfortunately had to pay a customers charge of $20. Took about 1.5 weeks.
Customs, not customers.... Sorry.

Aud007
05-19-2012, 07:59 AM
I received this week my first order from Nashua and it cost me 35$ shipping + 30$ customs (I have 1 month worth of products). Compared to products I buy at my clinic, I save at least 60$ (if not buying the RTD as they are more expensive). I know shipping is expensive but thought it was still worth it for a wide variety of products.

evepet
05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I received this week my first order from Nashua and it cost me 35$ shipping + 30$ customs (I have 1 month worth of products). Compared to products I buy at my clinic, I save at least 60$ (if not buying the RTD as they are more expensive). I know shipping is expensive but thought it was still worth it for a wide variety of products.

That's about the same as the shipping & customs fees I paid for an order from DoctorsBestWeightLoss.com. Like you, I ordered about a 1 month supply of a variety of things.

patns
05-19-2012, 10:13 AM
I guess what I was comparing Dr. B's to was proteinwell.ca. They are both Canadian companies and both shipping from Ontario. Proteinwell was free shipping over $100.

Pat

patns
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I was just reading the end of yesterday's daily thread.

lKP888 had asked me where was a good place to buy WF products in Edmonton.
I had recommed Sweet Tweets which I loved and planned to drop in next week when I had to go to that part of the city.

But then Trinique posted that Sweet Tweets had closed. Oh no!!

Does anyone know of another place to get them in Edmonton?

I know there is a good sugar free store in Red Deer but don't want to drive down there just for that.

Pat

evepet
05-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I guess what I was comparing Dr. B's to was proteinwell.ca. They are both Canadian companies and both shipping from Ontario. Proteinwell was free shipping over $100.

Pat

Proteinwell.ca is definitely going to get my next alternate product business. I'm just waiting at present until I use up a bit more of my 'stock'. I love the places that offer free shipping - even if you have to order $100's worth. Lowcarbcanadagrocery.com is like that too. I think I'll pretty much limit my orders to those two from here on in, and supplement that with what I can buy locally - Pure Protein shakes and bars, etc. (If I recall correctly, the shipping on my Dr. B's order - also 4 of the little 7-pack boxes - was around $13.00.) My order from them was around $80... can't recall now whether they offered any incentive re lower cost shipping for a bigger order... I think not though, otherwise I'm sure I would have upped my order a bit to reach it.

patns
05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
This thread had slide way down. I'm bumping it to ask again if anyone knows where to get WF products in or near Edmonton since Sweet Tweets has closed?

Thanks

grannyto2bear
05-22-2012, 01:17 AM
This thread had slide way down. I'm bumping it to ask again if anyone knows where to get WF products in or near Edmonton since Sweet Tweets has closed?

Thanks
Hi Patns, the store in Red Deer is Sugar Free and More. Very good selection there, she is also an IP coach. Her website wasn't current when I last talked to her, but she is willing to ship if you contact her.
Do you have any Nutter's stores nearby? The Nutter's in LLoydminster just started selling WF products so that might be a place to try if you have any stores close by.

patns
05-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks, I will check out Nutter's. I know the store in Red Deer is very good, I should check that online too.
If worse comes to worse I can go to Red Deer but would rather not.
I loved Sweet Tweet but it was not in an area with much shopping around it, you would have to know about it to find it.

Actually I didn't know that the owner in Red deer was an IP coach. That is likely the best bet. I had talked to her by phone before but that was before IP. She was very helpful about shipping things out then.
Thanks again!

sandralosingweight
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello Canadians,

I am learning about some other alternatives than what I usually use, but I still find everything mentioned in here to be more expensive than what I usually buy.

For example, the simply bar on well.ca, I see it is $40 for 15 bars, while this is still a good price comparing to the original IP products, I still find it kind of expensive (to my budget) to pay more than $2.50 for a bar. I buy my bars from Costco, the best priced ones are the Detours one, $15 a box of 15 so, it is $1 per bar. Also, for a period of time, I was lucky to get the Jamieson slim down bars discounted to $0.99 at Walmart and at Jean-Coutu. For my RTD drink, I am buying the muscle milk light from Costco and it is about $28 I think, for a box of 24. Also I bought from Costco the big Jars of 2kg of chocolate and vanilla powder for about $40 a box and these go a long way since a serving is less than 30g.

Thank you everyone for sharing :)

Ei8ht
05-22-2012, 06:04 PM
1. I buy my bars from Costco, the best priced ones are the Detours ones.
2. I am buying the muscle milk light from Costco
3. Also I bought from Costco the big Jars of 2kg of chocolate and vanilla powder

Hey Sandra! Thanks for that :]
I'm an avid Costco shopper and was contemplating some of their protein products the other day but wanted to do some analysis first on their nutritional values (which is probably a good idea for anyone considering alternative products).

I'm not clear with the breakdown of daily allotted values on IP protocol, but from my limited understanding, IP allocates between 20-30 net carbs per day. I have NO idea about calories, or fat but it's pretty low!

At least for protein, you can follow Dr. Tran's equation regarding the amount of daily protein required by multiplying 1.2 to your ideal weight (in kilos)
For example, if your ideal weight is 140lbs aka 63Kg X 1.2 = 76 grams of protein per day

1. You mentioned the "Detours" Bars
Comparing the low sugar bars only, they seem quite reasonable in terms of calories vs. protein but no idea what the carb total is (?) Also, not sure which ones are available at Costco - which ones do you use/recommend?
http://www.detourbar.com/catalog/product_compare/index/#

2. Here is the nutritional info for Muscle Milk Light
http://www.cytosport.com/wp-content/plugins/fresh-page/files_flutter/133531312000235-MML-VAN-LATTE-14oz-NF.jpg

Are you concerned with the carb count of this product?

3. Costco protein powder
There are a few to chose from at Costco, below is nutritional value of the kind that my SO buys, which is quite good if you're looking for a wicked protein boost! Which powder are you referring to?

per 40g servings

150 calories

0.3g fat

1g carb

0.5g sugars

35g protein

lkp888
05-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks, I will check out Nutter's. I know the store in Red Deer is very good, I should check that online too.
If worse comes to worse I can go to Red Deer but would rather not.
I loved Sweet Tweet but it was not in an area with much shopping around it, you would have to know about it to find it.

Actually I didn't know that the owner in Red deer was an IP coach. That is likely the best bet. I had talked to her by phone before but that was before IP. She was very helpful about shipping things out then.
Thanks again!

Hi Pat

I have checked out the Nutters in Lloyd as well, just looking for some products that they don't have yet. I will good the Red Deer store and maybe see if they can ship some things out. Thank you for all your help!!! :hug:

sandralosingweight
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey Sandra! Thanks for that :]
I'm an avid Costco shopper and was contemplating some of their protein products the other day but wanted to do some analysis first on their nutritional values (which is probably a good idea for anyone considering alternative products).

I'm not clear with the breakdown of daily allotted values on IP protocol, but from my limited understanding, IP allocates between 20-30 net carbs per day. I have NO idea about calories, or fat but it's pretty low!

At least for protein, you can follow Dr. Tran's equation regarding the amount of daily protein required by multiplying 1.2 to your ideal weight (in kilos)
For example, if your ideal weight is 140lbs aka 63Kg X 1.2 = 76 grams of protein per day

1. You mentioned the "Detours" Bars
Comparing the low sugar bars only, they seem quite reasonable in terms of calories vs. protein but no idea what the carb total is (?) Also, not sure which ones are available at Costco - which ones do you use/recommend?
http://www.detourbar.com/catalog/product_compare/index/#

2. Here is the nutritional info for Muscle Milk Light
http://www.cytosport.com/wp-content/plugins/fresh-page/files_flutter/133531312000235-MML-VAN-LATTE-14oz-NF.jpg

Are you concerned with the carb count of this product?

3. Costco protein powder
There are a few to chose from at Costco, below is nutritional value of the kind that my SO buys, which is quite good if you're looking for a wicked protein boost! Which powder are you referring to?

per 40g servings

150 calories

0.3g fat

1g carb

0.5g sugars

35g protein

Hi there,

I am attaching the IP nutritional info sheet, and this is exactly what I have with me printed all the time in my purse so I can compare products I buy with those of IP.

For the Detour bars, I posted a picture of the box I buy them in on my blog, you can see it at this link: http://losingweightbeforehappilygainingit.blogspot.ca/

Their nutritional value is depending on which taste is the following:

Calories: 170 to 180
Carbs: 16-17
Fat: 4.5-6

So comparing to the IP sheet, we see that the peanut butter bar is 170 calories, 14 g of carbs and 7g of fat! So all in all, these bars are quite similar to the IP ones.

Concerning the protein powder I buy from Costco, also there is a picture of it on my blog, I took a picture of the chocolate one cause this is what I had today, but I also have the vanilla one, it is called Leanfit whey protein shake and here is the nutritional value for it per one scoop:

Calories: 120
Carbs: 2g
Fat: 2g

I hope I answered your question, please let me know if I can help more :)

Ei8ht
05-23-2012, 12:50 AM
IP Nutritional Fact Sheet
Just a note about this ubiquitous IP fact sheet floating around this site - I'm not sure where it comes from, or when it was created, but it's clear from simply cross referencing the information to the info listed on the side of IP boxes that the chart is stitched with errors (significant ones too!)

Irritated by this, I've been playing phone tag with someone from Ideal Protein Headquarters to obtain an accurate chart - hopefully I'll have something to share shortly. From what I hear, this information was available via the IP website, but now nowhere to be found. I'll keep you posted.

Protein Powder
Sandra, I see that the protein powder you get from Costco 'LeanFit' is a protein blend (whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolates) which in my opinion is a fantastic compliment for weight loss. Despite the ongoing debate regarding which type of protein is better (at least in the muscle-head world) the primary difference between isolate and concentrate is that the isolate is the most purest form of protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%.

Walden Farms
As mentioned in a previous post, WF Canada communicated to me that the easiest way to obtain their products is by contacting the store manager (which already carries WF) who will place the order on your behalf, and perhaps start carrying those products regularly should they become popular. I will go this route before ordering online because I need all these kind of WF sauces that are required for recipes in that damn IP cookbook I purchased! Do yourselves a favour, and don't buy this book - unless you live in the states!! grrr

LaLibE
05-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I also use detour bars, leanfit vanilla powder and muscle milk light- so far so good!!

love2travelmom
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Where can you get Walden Farms in Ontario?

I don't want to go to alternative products until I'm near my goal weight as I fear it won't work as well.

healthmatters
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Where is your IP service located? i.e. a doctor's office? a chiropractor? I have heard of a reflexologists shop as well. Mine was a tanning salon. It seems that Canada is different than the U.S. in this regard. I am curious if
any medical doctor's are on board. Thanks.

love2travelmom
05-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Where is your IP service located? i.e. a doctor's office? a chiropractor? I have heard of a reflexologists shop as well. Mine was a tanning salon. It seems that Canada is different than the U.S. in this regard. I am curious if

I do it at Muskoka Medi-Spa and there is a Dr on staff that reviews all the files every week. The coaches are nurses.

Ei8ht
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Where can you get Walden Farms in Ontario?

Hey Travelmom :]
I was in a Huntsville a couple of years ago to pick up my fuzzy son (aka British Golden Retriever named Winston - picture attached)! The Muskoka's are such a nice part of Ontario!

So regarding Walden Farms products in your area, I suggest you contact Customer Service from Walden Farms Canada and ask them the question info@waldenfarms.ca

Unfortunately, e-mailing them is the only way to find out where they distribute in Canada. I did this for the Ottawa region, and they provided me with 2 locations, however, there are many other places that carry the line!

Contacting them would be a good starting point, and then, I'd suggest simply calling local grocery stores and asking the managers directly.

Good luck!

ProteinGal
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Well after lots of thinking over the week (gone camping), I'm going to go on my own. I'll be buying some IP products off of Ebay and did order It's About Time Whey Protein from Well.ca.

Winston is so adorable Eight ;)
Glad to see this thread still going.

sandralosingweight
05-26-2012, 09:51 PM
IP Nutritional Fact Sheet
Just a note about this ubiquitous IP fact sheet floating around this site - I'm not sure where it comes from, or when it was created, but it's clear from simply cross referencing the information to the info listed on the side of IP boxes that the chart is stitched with errors (significant ones too!)

Irritated by this, I've been playing phone tag with someone from Ideal Protein Headquarters to obtain an accurate chart - hopefully I'll have something to share shortly. From what I hear, this information was available via the IP website, but now nowhere to be found. I'll keep you posted.

Protein Powder
Sandra, I see that the protein powder you get from Costco 'LeanFit' is a protein blend (whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolates) which in my opinion is a fantastic compliment for weight loss. Despite the ongoing debate regarding which type of protein is better (at least in the muscle-head world) the primary difference between isolate and concentrate is that the isolate is the most purest form of protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%.

Walden Farms
As mentioned in a previous post, WF Canada communicated to me that the easiest way to obtain their products is by contacting the store manager (which already carries WF) who will place the order on your behalf, and perhaps start carrying those products regularly should they become popular. I will go this route before ordering online because I need all these kind of WF sauces that are required for recipes in that damn IP cookbook I purchased! Do yourselves a favour, and don't buy this book - unless you live in the states!! grrr

Hello Eig8t,

I would LOVE to have the new updated IP sheet, so please, if you can remember, once you have, please send me a private message to let me know.

Big thank you in advance.

crash302
05-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Mine is in a doctor's office in Ottawa, Ontario

KitKat169
05-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Anyone else out there from Winnipeg? Sobey's on Taylor carries Walden Farms or at least the tags and an empty shelf say they do but they are always down to two or three jars of stuff I don't want.

healthmatters
05-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Anyone else out there from Winnipeg? Sobey's on Taylor carries Walden Farms or at least the tags and an empty shelf say they do but they are always down to two or three jars of stuff I don't want.

I just tried the Creamy Bacon salad dressing. I like it the best of all. I ordered a sample pack of the dressings in order to try them first before buying. I ordered from proteinwell.ca. It was a good way to decide what to buy bigger containers of. I don't like the fruit spreads very much. Wish I hadn't ordered them. They were not sample-sizes... live and learn, I guess.
This forum always talks positively about the spicy and smoky BBQ sauces.
In Red Deer, Alberts WF can be bought at "Sugar Free and More", but the prices are way higher than ordering online.

healthmatters
05-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Mine is in a doctor's office in Ottawa, Ontario

I have sent you a private email. Thanks

Porthardygurl
05-27-2012, 06:07 PM
anyone try ordering alternatives from dr. bernstein clinic?

evepet
05-27-2012, 06:28 PM

I've been using some of their soups. IMO a lot of their products are good alternatives, especially if you can drop by a local Dr. B's and save shipping charges. Just compare the label info against the comparable IP item as a double check.

patns
05-27-2012, 07:28 PM
I've been using some of their soups. IMO a lot of their products are good alternatives, especially if you can drop by a local Dr. B's and save shipping charges. Just compare the label info against the comparable IP item as a double check.

If you can go by a clinic it is well worth it. But the shipping out to here was very high.
The bars are very much like IP ones.

Pat

love2travelmom
05-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey Travelmom :]
I was in a Huntsville a couple of years ago to pick up my fuzzy son (aka British Golden Retriever named Winston - picture attached)! The Muskoka's are such a nice part of Ontario!

So regarding Walden Farms products in your area, I suggest you contact Customer Service from Walden Farms Canada and ask them the question info@waldenfarms.ca

Unfortunately, e-mailing them is the only way to find out where they distribute in Canada. I did this for the Ottawa region, and they provided me with 2 locations, however, there are many other places that carry the line!

Contacting them would be a good starting point, and then, I'd suggest simply calling local grocery stores and asking the managers directly.

Good luck!

I love living in Huntsville. People are great here.

Thanks for the info on Walden Farms, I'll contact them.

northernfawn
06-02-2012, 01:27 PM
bump

Sab281
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello,
My name is Sab. I live in Nova Scotia.
I went all in on the Ideal Protein diet, and found it just didn't work for me as I really didn't fall in love with the meal packets.
I have a bunch of unopened packets left, and was wondering if Nyone wanted to buy them off me- for much less than retail (plus shipping).
I have 15 plain omelet packets, 9 plain crepe packets, and 1 raspberry jelly packet.
If you're interested, let me know!
Thanks kindly,
Sab

Chikara
06-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Picked up some Muscle milk light at Costco yesterday - put in blender with Ice and a tbsp of WF peanut spread...not bad. For the price...I can get used to it. Also bought some Detour bars that are comparable to IP bars and IMO taste better. Has anyone found EAS shakes...haven't been able to find them.

I also have a protein powder that I love from Popeye's. It's called Extreme Isolate 97.

100% pure whey isolate
Per scoop:
145 calories
37g protein
1g carb
Less than 1g fat
0g sugar

I get the vanilla flavour and use 1/2 scoop for a shake.

DH and I are weighing in for the last time this week...we will be starting phase 2 next week and plan to do it on our own with alternatives. Way too many products out there for less that taste good. I am quite confident with alternatives + this forum = success!!!

sandralosingweight
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I just discovered a new kind of protein BBQ chips at Costco, it is to be used as a restricted item, and it is not high in protein, only 9g, but it is good to use now and then. I started to get bored with my protein powder and I can't wait to get my stuff shipped from Nashua.

Chikara, I buy the Detour bars as well from Costco and the Muscle milk light RTD shakes, I like them a lot.

I still did not find EAS anywhere in Canada.

Chikara
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone,

I just discovered a new kind of protein BBQ chips at Costco, it is to be used as a restricted item, and it is not high in protein, only 9g, but it is good to use now and then. I started to get bored with my protein powder and I can't wait to get my stuff shipped from Nashua

I bought some of the chips you mention above but then noticed there is rice flour and potato starch so no good for phase 1. Anyone eating them in Phase 3 and 4? I am dying to try them but will wait until after Phase 2.

sandralosingweight
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I bought some of the chips you mention above but then noticed there is rice flour and potato starch so no good for phase 1. Anyone eating them in Phase 3 and 4? I am dying to try them but will wait until after Phase 2.

I will keep on eating them as restricted, not everyday of course, but now and then.

I don't think that if they have rice flour and potato starch it should make a difference as long as the total carb intake is within the limit.

I mean IP has the new potato puree mix, I googled it and I see it has potato flakes in them, so I guess in my own humble opinion, these chips are ok for an occasional treat on Phase I.

Chikara
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I will keep on eating them as restricted, not everyday of course, but now and then.

I don't think that if they have rice flour and potato starch it should make a difference as long as the total carb intake is within the limit.

I mean IP has the new potato puree mix, I googled it and I see it has potato flakes in them, so I guess in my own humble opinion, these chips are ok for an occasional treat on Phase I.

Great point...forgot all about the IP Potato Purée...maybe I will save them for movie night and indulge once a week. Tx

Briguy
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
I found Walden Farms products at Sobey's in Orangeville Ontario. I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it..finally I asked somebody and they were at the end of the candy isle. Doh!

I've also found the Protidiet products at Metro....and...The Simplybar is only 32 bucks a case directly from the SImplybar website.

healthmatters
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
The simply bar is also at well.ca. If you order enough from the site, shipping is free. I think it's $99.00 for the free shipping. They also have the walden farm items and protidiet items, so a $99.00 order can be done quite easily.
I have found some of the flavours of simply bar at Red Deer, AB Superstore. They sell for about $2.90 a bar there.

healthmatters
06-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Oops! I think I made a mistake on my entry above. It's lowcarbgrocery.ca that has the Walden farms and proteinwell.ca has some protidiet foods. Sorry.

wendywendy
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I just discovered a new kind of protein BBQ chips at Costco, it is to be used as a restricted item, and it is not high in protein, only 9g, but it is good to use now and then. I started to get bored with my protein powder and I can't wait to get my stuff shipped from Nashua.

Chikara, I buy the Detour bars as well from Costco and the Muscle milk light RTD shakes, I like them a lot.

I still did not find EAS anywhere in Canada.

I bought EAS shakes through lowcarbgrocery.com. Their in Markham on Esna rd.

Cootermom125
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi fellow Canucks! I started ip 5 weeks ago. So far down 10.8 pounds and 18 inches. I'm kind of hoping I will be done phase 1 by the end of June so I can be on phase 4 for at least part of the summer, but again.....I don't want to 'settle' for a weight I'm not happy with either.

northernfawn
06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Bump

evepet
06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Just noticed that the Protidiet pizza is back available at the www.proteinwell.ca site. Also Protidiet chili has been added.

shardianne
07-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for these awesome links, I am joining you from Oakville ON!

Lorette
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Joining in from northwest Alberta - thanks for starting this thread - it is a GREAT help! Looking forward to learning more!

IP43
08-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Just noticed that the Protidiet pizza is back available at the www.proteinwell.ca site. Also Protidiet chili has been added.

mmmm... that pizza is lookin' pretty good. I'll have to investigate that site more!

patns
08-25-2012, 01:16 PM
mmmm... that pizza is lookin' pretty good. I'll have to investigate that site more!

The pizza is quite good but very tiny.
I put the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out so it seems like more.
What I like about the pizza is that they put the Italian type seasonings right in the dough. I put lots of chopped veggies on top.

SMB
08-25-2012, 11:31 PM
I was reading through old posts in this thread, and I saw that Sweet Tweets had closed down. I was shocked, because I was there yesterday (August 24, 2012)! I bought some WF Thousand Island for my big mac in a bowl (mmmmm), and there were tons of WF products there. I also saw Miracle Noodles, but found shirataki noodles at T&T in West Ed Mall for quite a bit cheaper.

Sweet Tweet is quite far for me to go, but I can't find another other WF products close to me besides my clinic (which is expensive).

Im escaping
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Hello!
This is the first I noticed of this thread, so I thought I'd say hi! I am in southern AB right now, and love all the info shared here so far.

Enjoy the heat, Jenn

Prettyrainbows
09-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Another Albertan here! Going into my 5th week on IP, survived a holiday and still going strong! Nice to read the information on this thread, I hope it stays alive :)

nightprowler
09-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Lovin the Canadian love!

I'm over in Saskatchewan! :cb:

SheenaB
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Hello!
I recently looked at Nashuas website and there is a huge variety. I was wondering if you had to pay Duty on your purchase, if so can you give me a ballpark figure?
I have NEVER ordered anything online before but I'm gonna have to start as the IP products are getting waaay too expensive.

Thank you so much in advance! :)

patns
09-01-2012, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=SMB;4448605]I was reading through old posts in this thread, and I saw that Sweet Tweets had closed down. I was shocked, because I was there yesterday (August 24, 2012)! I bought some WF Thousand Island for my big mac in a bowl (mmmmm), and there were tons of WF products there. I also saw Miracle Noodles, but found shirataki noodles at T&T in West Ed Mall for quite a bit cheaper.

Sweet Tweet is quite far for me to go, but I can't find another other WF products close to me besides my clinic (which is expensive).[/QUOTE

Yes it had been closed down at the end of June but I was thrilled last week when I was driving by and saw they were open again. It had been for sale in the spring, maybe there are new owners. It does have a fantastic assortment of sugar free things.

Pat

patns
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello!
I recently looked at Nashuas website and there is a huge variety. I was wondering if you had to pay Duty on your purchase, if so can you give me a ballpark figure?
I have NEVER ordered anything online before but I'm gonna have to start as the IP products are getting waaay too expensive.

If I am remembering correctly I paid between $8- $9 on the $100 order.

The big expense is the shipping. ....but some orders
I didn't pay duty at all.

evepet
09-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Hello!

Yes, I got stuck with a tariff the one time I ordered from the US. I tried a bunch of stuff from Doctors Best Weight Loss earlier on with my diet. I think the tariff was close to $30. You can buy a lot of good alternative products at Proteinwell.ca.

Plus, I've just about finished my new dieting blog, which focuses on using alternatives while on IP - you may find some of it useful, as I talk about where I've found alternative products. :) Feel free to have a look. I'm interested in knowing what people think of it - my first time putting together a blog. It's in my signature line below.

SheenaB
09-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks so much! I thought maybe the duty would be as much as the shipping! That would be ridiculous!!
Thanks again!

evepet
09-01-2012, 11:07 PM
If I am remembering correctly I paid between $8- $9 on the $100 order.

The big expense is the shipping. ....but some orders
I didn't pay duty at all.

Wow - you got off lightly. I've only ordered from 'across the border' once because I got stuck with a tariff that was close to $30 - and that was on top of the shipping. It was a big order though. From DoctorsBestWeightLoss. And I had the inconvenience of having to go to the post office to claim it. :mad: Since then I've stuck with sources in Canada, like thelowcarbgrocery & proteinwell.ca.

patns
09-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow - you got off lightly. I've only ordered from 'across the border' once because I got stuck with a tariff that was close to $30 - and that was on top of the shipping. It was a big order though. From DoctorsBestWeightLoss. And I had the inconvenience of having to go to the post office to claim it. :mad: Since then I've stuck with sources in Canada, like thelowcarbgrocery & proteinwell.ca.

Yes there doesn't seem to be any consistancy of how much duty they charge and if they actually charge it.

IP43
09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
OMG -- went to Costco and bought the Pure Protein Bars -- $14.99 (usually $18.99) for 18 AWESOME bars. I also bought the shakes they have there -- not Pure Protein but can't remember off top of my head, but again will only be $1.00 a shake and are in the containers that look like a juice box, so easy to throw in lunches -- I don't even mind sharing it with my "picky eater" kids at that price! Get some meat on their bones! LOL

If anyone has other good products they've found, keep posting them!

MSEMDEE
10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
OMG -- went to Costco and bought the Pure Protein Bars -- $14.99 (usually $18.99) for 18 AWESOME bars. I also bought the shakes they have there -- not Pure Protein but can't remember off top of my head, but again will only be $1.00 a shake and are in the containers that look like a juice box, so easy to throw in lunches -- I don't even mind sharing it with my "picky eater" kids at that price! Get some meat on their bones! LOL

If anyone has other good products they've found, keep posting them!

I am also interested in any other new products anyone has found lately.

IP43
10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
The Simply Bar is ok -- not as good as the chocolate pure protein, but more like a granola bar, or rice krispy bar. HOWEVER, the lemon coconut one has 10g carbs and 4 fibre, which makes it a non-restricted. You can buy them on line, but I found them first at my local health food store.

Danni1
10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Quick question for you all...can we get the veggie cheese in Canada and if so what is the brand names available? I live in a smaller community and have only been able to find soy based cheeses so far. I would love to be able to add some 'cheese' to my omlette.

Big Ron 43
10-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Hi!!

New to both Ideal Protein and this site, been on the plan now for three weeks and trolling this site almost as long lol. Thought I would register and say hi! Nice to know there are other Canadians out there on this plan and doing so well......... Gives me hope :hug:

zoological26
10-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Hi!!

New to both Ideal Protein and this site, been on the plan now for three weeks and trolling this site almost as long lol. Thought I would register and say hi! Nice to know there are other Canadians out there on this plan and doing so well......... Gives me hope :hug:

Hi and welcome I am also from Edmonton just want to say good luck :)

SMB
10-11-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm also from Edmonton! Paaaaarty!

Big Ron 43
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi and welcome I am also from Edmonton just want to say good luck :)

Thanks! :D

I'm also from Edmonton! Paaaaarty!

It would be quite the party........shaker cups o'plenty lol :carrot:

MonicaKolesnik
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Quick question for you all...can we get the veggie cheese in Canada and if so what is the brand names available? I live in a smaller community and have only been able to find soy based cheeses so far. I would love to be able to add some 'cheese' to my omlette.

What I have found at Dad's organic market in Saskatoon is a vegan cheese substitute brand name Daiya: vegan cheese. It melts and comes shredded and there are a few flavors. I put up a website that has info on it.

http://blog.onespotallergy.com/2011/12/daiya-vegan-cheese-ingredients-allergen-information/

Willi
10-15-2012, 06:48 AM

Can't find it here in the East coast. Like you, I can only find soy cheeses.

IP43
10-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Just curious -- since everything else we're eating is soy based, why wouldn't that soy cheese work? I've never looked at any of the "numbers" on it -- just wondering why it would be different than the soy milk, soy chips, soy cereal...

Willi
10-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Just curious -- since everything else we're eating is soy based, why wouldn't that soy cheese work? I've never looked at any of the "numbers" on it -- just wondering why it would be different than the soy milk, soy chips, soy cereal...

not sure, you have a point there. I received a recipe from my local clinic and it called for "veggie shreads". I heard good things about this product, so I looked for it.

Bella73123
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Hello Everyone!

Glad to find this thread! I was in Goodness Me on the weekend and found Tofu spaghetti, my fiance had seen it there and suggested we try it. Awesome! I had real fresh spaghetti and meatballs and it was soooo good!!

Minch
10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
There are so many of you from western Canada so I thought I'd better "weigh-in" with you! Someone has to represent NEW BRUNSWICK!!

I just started on the program a couple of weeks ago and have to get my ip products from Halifax as there are no clinics here YET! (I hope to remedy that really soon.) My coach met me half way yesterday in Sackville NB...Two hours from Halifax and 2 hours from Saint John where I am. She brought me 4 weeks of food so I feel I'm all set for now. She also included 3 bottles of WF salad dressings and a bottle of WF syrup. Life is getting easier! There is a clinic in Moncton but my coach is a dear old friend so I'd rather use her.

I'm really happy this thread was started so thank you! I enjoy many of the other IP threads as well...the people posting are so motivating and supportive. It's a great place to get any answer you might be looking for.

Best of luck to you all on your journey and best wishes from NB!

vvei
10-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Salut la gang,

Québec here!

I've started the program a month ago, and it's going great. I'm at 22.5lbs lost and not feeling hungry whatsoever! This is a great protocol! I'm very happy for all the information, answers and recipe this forum provides!

And now that there is a Canadian treat, I'm even more happy!

Have a great 100% OP week!

Willi
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Salut la gang,

Québec here!

I've started the program a month ago, and it's going great. I'm at 22.5lbs lost and not feeling hungry whatsoever! This is a great protocol! I'm very happy for all the information, answers and recipe this forum provides!

And now that there is a Canadian treat, I'm even more happy!

Have a great 100% OP week!

Bonjour! Aren't you doing great!! Congratulations.

I love this Canadian site too!

Danni1
10-16-2012, 02:16 PM

I have tried soy cheese in the past and it just doesn't sit well with me. I can get the Daiya so I will give it a try.

IP43
10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
I found a NEW TREASURE--- whaddya all think?

It's called "Extend bar" at Rexall pharmacy and it says it has ONE net carb. It tastes chewy like an "eat more" candybar

Here are the stats
Cal: 150
Fat: 3g
Carb: 21
Protein: 11

THE BOX ADVERTISES THIS-- Does it sound too good to be true???
Net Carb calculations: 21 g - 5g fibre -6g sugar alcohol - 5g uncooked cornstarch, - 4g glycerine = 1 net carb

kellycg102
10-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey all;). I live in Kingston, On. Luckily I am a half hour drive to the US border...I have an American mailbox, so I can order from Nashua and just pick it up at my mailbox for $5...normally I don't get charged duty, because it is groceries. I used all IP products up until I failed on maintenance so now I am using some IP but also a lot of Nashua products, mainly protidiet and proti thin. I am now also buying the pure protein bars from Costco, love them!!! And the premier protein shakes.

I am finding that I retain A LOT of water now, especially when I was on maintenance and had my "fun day" or two:s. not sure if this is common or not. Anyway need to loose the little I gained and try to get down to the goal I set for myself. Super hungry tonight....actually not hungry but just want the comfort of eating:(. That was my failure in maintenance....I clearly have a disorder with food, thought it would take care of itself when I lost the weight and felt good about myself....unfortunately ......nope. Here's to round two!

IP43
10-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey all;).
....I clearly have a disorder with food, thought it would take care of itself when I lost the weight and felt good about myself....unfortunately ......nope. Here's to round two!

I think a lot of us have that same disorder. We'll call it Feeding Ourselves Obsessively Disorder (or F.O.O.D.) for short! LOL

I'm toasting your "round two" decision --and joining you for that. :hat: Cheers!

Momto2cs
10-18-2012, 01:09 AM
I don't think I would use the extend bars. Too many carbs in general.

Momto2cs
10-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Fun day for me causes extreme water retention. No ankles, swollen legs etc.
Once I revert back to phase 1 it all pees away!

kellycg102
10-18-2012, 10:12 AM
I think a lot of us have that same disorder. We'll call it Feeding Ourselves Obsessively Disorder (or F.O.O.D.) for short! LOL

I'm toasting your "round two" decision --and joining you for that. :hat: Cheers!

Lol F.O.O.D how appropriate! Thank you;)

kellycg102
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Morning Canadians;). Beautiful today, took the dogs for a walk this morning, and it was gorgeous.....wish it would stay like this....I hate the cold!
I am going to try and walk everyday instead of going to the gym....it is hard to resist going to the gym, I feel better when I go, but I read some where that "working" muscles retain more water, and that is why MAYBE I retained so much water when trying to maintain. I could see like 6-10lbs, but I seriously.....not kidding, lost 18-20 lbs of weight....water obviously in 7 days. That seems completely ridiculous to me. Soooo this time I am avoiding the gym while doing phase 1 to see if it helps my transition a little.

slow2lose
10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Has anyone been able to find these in Canada? I tried 2 Loblaws and an Indpendent and they had no clue what I was talking about. I think they would be good for the infamous Big Mac in a Bowl and meatloaf. I'm beginning to think they aren't a Canadian thing though?

If you have found them, can you tell me what part of the supermarket? I tried spices, soups, salad dressing fixings, produce area and nothing.

Thanks!

Busymomx4
10-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Has anyone been able to find these in Canada? I tried 2 Loblaws and an Indpendent and they had no clue what I was talking about. I think they would be good for the infamous Big Mac in a Bowl and meatloaf. I'm beginning to think they aren't a Canadian thing though?

If you have found them, can you tell me what part of the supermarket? I tried spices, soups, salad dressing fixings, produce area and nothing.

Thanks!

I found them at loblaws with the spices, no name brand yellow bag.

evepet
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Thanks!

Me too. I've bought now several times as I use them a lot. They're with the spices. I've found them there both at FreshCo and Metro.

cdnwren
10-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Good morning folks!
Glad to have found the other Canucks! I represent the West Coast. I live in a small town a ferry ride north of Vancouver, so unfortunately don't have access to any of the big name grocery stores. Definitely makes it harder to find some of the products you've been mentioning.
So far I am at the end of week 5 and have lost 14 lbs. Had a bit of a slip last night ( one piece of pizza, some wine, and then 2 chocolates). I'm trying really hard not to beat myself up about it....today is a new day and I will jump back on the program.

MSEMDEE
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks!

I found mine at Sobey's today.

Minch
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanks!

I bought some at the Superstore yesterday. They had some in a spice bottle (I forget the brand) for $5.49 and then next to them on the shelf, there were zip lock bags of spices (plain yellow store label) for $1.99. Guess which ones I bought? :)

slow2lose
10-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks ladies - I guess I'll try a few more places now that I know they are showing up in the spice aisles! Hopefully I can find some!

I found them at loblaws with the spices, no name brand yellow bag.

Me too. I've bought now several times as I use them a lot. They're with the spices. I've found them there both at FreshCo and Metro.

I found mine at Sobey's today.

I bought some at the Superstore yesterday. They had some in a spice bottle (I forget the brand) for $5.49 and then next to them on the shelf, there were zip lock bags of spices (plain yellow store label) for $1.99. Guess which ones I bought? :)

MonicaKolesnik
10-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks ladies - I guess I'll try a few more places now that I know they are showing up in the spice aisles! Hopefully I can find some!

I get them at Walmart, sobeys, and super superstore in Saskatoon. But I found it hard to find dehydrated garlic which I can only seem to get at sobeys if ever interested.

clo2551
10-22-2012, 06:21 PM

I'm going to pick up a bunch of RTD shakes from Dr. B's. The savings is crazy! $12 for a pack of 6 with Dr. B's as compared to $29.93 IP RTD. I've done a bunch of reading and the shakes are comparible to IP.
I'm a little nervous buying alternatives so I'm going to start with an alternative RTD shake for breakfast each day and stick with IP for my other 2 and see how that goes for awhile and then maybe slowly start adding in other products such as a restricted alternative.
I'm interested to hear if anybody has tried other Dr. B products besides the drinks?

evepet
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm going to pick up a bunch of RTD shakes from Dr. B's. The savings is crazy! $12 for a pack of 6 with Dr. B's as compared to $29.93 IP RTD. I've done a bunch of reading and the shakes are comparible to IP.
I'm a little nervous buying alternatives so I'm going to start with an alternative RTD shake for breakfast each day and stick with IP for my other 2 and see how that goes for awhile and then maybe slowly start adding in other products such as a restricted alternative.
I'm interested to hear if anybody has tried other Dr. B products besides the drinks?

I'm familiar with the Dr. B's products, as I was on that diet 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't maintain. (but that's another story). I got worried about the cost around the time I'd reached goal, and (stupidly) thought I could deal with maintenance immediately on my own, leaving them before going through the phase-off process. Once I became familiar with IP, I realized immediately that several of Dr. B products would be good alternatives, and have used their soups, oatmeal, and RTD fairly frequently since I started alternatives this past April. I also buy their potassium, which is the best 'substitution' I've found for the IP potassium/cal supplement. The only thing I haven't used is their protein bars... but that's because I prefer not to keep a whole box of protein bars in supply. Earlier experience proved to me that they are too much of a temptation.

IP43
10-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I really like my Costco shakes (premier shakes I think) but they are 30 g of protein and I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing. They are only 3g carbs, but double the IP shakes. But they're delish and less than $2 a shake vs. the Dr. B ones. I also know that "Miracle Milk" has 100 cal and 15 g protein, so I'm not sure if those are a closer comparison

MSEMDEE
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Can just anyone walk into a Dr B clinic and buy product?

Im escaping
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I like the Premier shakes too, the numbers seem okay to me and I like that they are a larger serving. I can drink them through my morning without feeling peckish!!

I have no info about Dr B, but am interested as well...can anyone go in and purchase?

Happy snow day Alberta! (and probably most of Canada). I am refusing to check the weather so I'm not sure how the rest of you are faring.

Jenn:snow4:

patns
10-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Yes. They deal with you very quickly as they are busy with their own clients.

evepet
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM

I like the Premier shakes too, the numbers seem okay to me and I like that they are a larger serving. I can drink them through my morning without feeling peckish!!

I have no info about Dr B, but am interested as well...can anyone go in and purchase?

Happy snow day Alberta! (and probably most of Canada). I am refusing to check the weather so I'm not sure how the rest of you are faring.

Jenn:snow4:

I've been able to with no problem, and I don't have to say anything about being a past member of Dr. B. I've also ordered from them online on occasion - their website is here. http://www.drbdiet.com/

Im escaping
10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Bump for the canadians, eh.

Mysticaldreamzz
11-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm so happy to see a Canadian group. I'm kind of in panic mode right now because I ordered from proteinwell.ca a week ago and it still shows processing. They also have my money already. Now I need to go find some new alternatives in the city. Oye.

CortneyMarie622
11-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Did you call the Mystical? I am having the same problem but with "The Simply Bar" a week of "process"

Mysticaldreamzz
11-02-2012, 03:57 PM
They have no phone number :|

CortneyMarie622
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Did you email them? I know lots of people order from them so I would not be too worried about it not being legit.

evepet
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm so happy to see a Canadian group. I'm kind of in panic mode right now because I ordered from proteinwell.ca a week ago and it still shows processing. They also have my money already. Now I need to go find some new alternatives in the city. Oye.

Just to reassure you - I've ordered from them several times and the order has always arrived. It has taken longer than a week though.

vvei
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM

I always order from them, and I receive the package while still "processing". Don't fret! Got my order within 2 days. I'm in Ottawa.

evepet
11-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I always order from them, and I receive the package while still "processing". Don't fret! Got my order within 2 days. I'm in Ottawa.

Wow - that's fast. Wonder why it takes so long to get it in Peterborough, Ontario? Maybe mail goes direct from Saskatoon to Ottawa, but has to be redirected to go to smaller cities.....?

CortneyMarie622
11-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I called to f/u on my bars from "The Simply Bar" and it was shipped 2 days ago. So, I guess the "process" of a lot of sites is not accurate.

zoological26
11-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I get my the simply bars from Costco they are fantastic

Im escaping
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Which bars do you get from costco?

The best numbers I could find were the detour bars, and they're high calorie and definitely high carb. Please help, I need more bars and I really don't want to support my clinic...definitely doing it for $$$, not really about th clients:(

Happy weekend!

evepet
11-02-2012, 09:36 PM

That's interesting! Do you recall what they charge there?

patns
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM

which Costco did you find them at? I am in Edmonton too and haven't seen them at Costco.
But I did find them at Bulk barn.

IP43
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow - that's fast. Wonder why it takes so long to get it in Peterborough, Ontario? Maybe mail goes direct from Saskatoon to Ottawa, but has to be redirected to go to smaller cities.....?

Wow evepet... we're closer neighbours than you think. I get my Simply Bars from Joanne's Health food. Apparently the White Feather store in Port Perry has WF products. Sobeys on Lansdowne has some Renees dressings -- pomegranet/blueberry and tuscan italian that I consider 0/0/0

I keep thinking one day to go to Markham to the Low Carb Grocery Store but I'm not "there" yet in my phase so can stay local for now.

Anyway -- HI NEIGHBOUR!

CortneyMarie622
11-03-2012, 12:36 PM
How much are they at Costco? Ordering them directly I got the for 2.2 per bar. But I had to buy 6 boxes!

IP43
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
How much are they at Costco? Ordering them directly I got the for 2.2 per bar. But I had to buy 6 boxes!

If you buy the case of 18 (6x3 diff flavours) it's $22 I think (off top of my head) but sometimes they have a $4 off coupon too. I know they ended up being less than $1.50 a bar. You can buy them at Walmart etc. but not as cheap as bulk costco -- especially on a coupon day ;)

zoological26
11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
That's interesting! Do you recall what they charge there?

I was just at costco yesterday and for a box of 12 simply bars they were 14.89

CortneyMarie622
11-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks definitely going to go check Costco out for my next stock up

evepet
11-03-2012, 06:00 PM
If you buy the case of 18 (6x3 diff flavours) it's $22 I think (off top of my head) but sometimes they have a $4 off coupon too. I know they ended up being less than $1.50 a bar. You can buy them at Walmart etc. but not as cheap as bulk costco -- especially on a coupon day ;)

I was just at costco yesterday and for a box of 12 simply bars they were 14.89

Thanks definitely going to go check Costco out for my next stock up

Wow - that's a MAJOR cost cutting. I've been paying around $40.00 a box!! Eek! I'm not a Costco member, but I'll definitely be checking for them at my local Walmart. I really like them, just didn't appreciate the cost factor.

IP43 - nice to have a neighbor on here! I sometimes shop at JoAnne's too. :)

CortneyMarie622
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I went to Boston Pizza for lunch with a friend today and I have to say it was the EASIEST resturant for being OP. There were at least 5 options I could have had without modification. They even list nutritional info for their healthier options. I had a 7oz steak with steamed broccoli and Cauliflower and a garden salad. The only issue was some shredded carrot in the salad. It will be my new pick of places to go.

Minch
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the hint about Boston Pizza! My husband loves it there and we haven't eaten out since I started on this program. It's nice to have a place to go out!

Evepet: It may pay to become a Costco member! You'll save so much on the bars, the difference will soon pay for your membership!

So far, I've been using only IP products. For those of you that don't, is it only the bars you're replacing or are you buying other products from somewhere else?

tamz2004
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone, just joined this site and am looking for great motivation from all of you :-))

I have been on IP for 4 weeks now and lost 10lbs and 9.5 inches....would probably be more, but had a death in the immediate family, so kinda fell off the wagon for about a week :-(( Back on track now and hoping to lose the last 15 to my goal before Christmas. After that I may try for another 10lbs, but will see how I feel.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

evepet
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the hint about Boston Pizza! My husband loves it there and we haven't eaten out since I started on this program. It's nice to have a place to go out!

Evepet: It may pay to become a Costco member! You'll save so much on the bars, the difference will soon pay for your membership!

So far, I've been using only IP products. For those of you that don't, is it only the bars you're replacing or are you buying other products from somewhere else?

Yes, I've been thinking it might be a good idea to join Costco - especially if I can get The Simply Bar there at such a savings!

I've been using a variety of alternative products, practically right from the start of my dieting efforts here. You may find my blog useful - it has a lot of info about where/how I found what I consider to be good alternative products. Plse note that in my section about how to choose suitable alternative protein bars the Quest bars aren't available through thelowcarbgrocery.com any more. Apparently they were required to stop importing them from the USA as they contain some ingredient that is not yet approved by our gov't food authorities. I'll change this on my blog.. just haven't got around to editing it yet. The link to my blog is below.

evepet
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I went to Boston Pizza for lunch with a friend today and I have to say it was the EASIEST resturant for being OP. There were at least 5 options I could have had without modification. They even list nutritional info for their healthier options. I had a 7oz steak with steamed broccoli and Cauliflower and a garden salad. The only issue was some shredded carrot in the salad. It will be my new pick of places to go.

Good to know! Thx. :)

IP43
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes, I've been thinking it might be a good idea to join Costco - especially if I can get The Simply Bar there at such a savings!

Ooooh -- my bad. I don't get the Simply bars at Costco. I got those at a local health food stores or online. The bars I get at Costco are the Pure Protein ones and I get my Premier Protein or Muscle Milk shakes there too

CortneyMarie622
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Ooooh -- my bad. I don't get the Simply bars at Costco. I got those at a local health food stores or online. The bars I get at Costco are the Pure Protein ones and I get my Premier Protein or Muscle Milk shakes there too

Did you start by using IP? I am just curious how those two RTD shakes compare to IP from a taste perspective? I LOVE the IP ones.

CortneyMarie622
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM

I am in the middle of "breaking it off" with my IP coach so I have been mixing IP and alternatives the last week. Evepet's blog is a great source of info. I got everything from lowcarbgrocery and then I bought the Simply bars directly from the company. I think (in Canada) it is hard to get as much variety but when I realized that I could do the diet for 1/4 of the cost with product that is almost identical to IP....count me in. Finances were getting to be an issue and this was a great solution.

mompattie
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM

I've been using a variety of alternative products, practically right from the start of my dieting efforts here. You may find my blog useful - it has a lot of info about where/how I found what I consider to be good alternative products. Plse note that in my section about how to choose suitable alternative protein bars the Quest bars aren't available through thelowcarbgrocery.com any more. Apparently they were required to stop importing them from the USA as they contain some ingredient that is not yet approved by our gov't food authorities. I'll change this on my blog.. just haven't got around to editing it yet. The link to my blog is below.

NO!!!!! Sad sad news about the quest bars from the low carb grocery!!!! I LOVE those bars!!! Now where to get them other than Nashua??? Geez. :(

patns
11-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Darn I liked the Quest bars too because they are so high in fibre.

OCanada
11-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Greetings from Saskatchewan! I was nicely surprised to find our new Canadian area! I look forward to all the info we will be able to share here.

OCanada
11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Yikes! I am still learning how to navigate this awesome website. I have read along for a while. I am pleased to see the Canadian area, greetings from Saskatchewan!

Im escaping
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Did you start by using IP? I am just curious how those two RTD shakes compare to IP from a taste perspective? I LOVE the IP ones.

Hi, I've read a few times that the premier shakes are the exact same as the IP ones, but they are a larger serving. They definitely taste pretty darn close to IP rtd's. And normal price at our costco is $28 for 18. Sooooo, in my mind I like the numbers way better. And I find them more filling than the smaller containers.

I did place an order from Nashau last night, just needed to get some things on the way, and now I will figure out the Canadian sites. (thats my plan, anyways;)).

Lurking Linda
11-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I was able to buy the Quest bars directly from their site.

evepet
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM

Ok - gotcha. Thx for clarifying that. :)

Im escaping
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Okay, now you got me thinking.

I didn't order any bars from nashau. But what/where should I order from here in Canada. It sounds like a guessing game as to how much I will pay in duty, so I should get organized and figure this out.

Quest bars- sound popular here, what else??

And Hi!! LurkingLinda, welcome!

SkinnyJeans123
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey everyone. I've just started IP. Today is day 3. I'm already bored with the soups! Any helpful ideas?..

evepet
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
NO!!!!! Sad sad news about the quest bars from the low carb grocery!!!! I LOVE those bars!!! Now where to get them other than Nashua??? Geez. :(

Darn I liked the Quest bars too because they are so high in fibre.

I was able to buy the Quest bars directly from their site.

ITA - I love the Quest line of bars, and much prefer them to most of the others I've tried. Part of it is that they're gluten free, but also appreciated the high fibre level, and the fact that they didn't have maltitol in them. And it was handy to be able to order them along with whatever else I needed from thelowcarbgrocery.

As Lurking Linda said above, we can always order direct from their website. It just isn't quite so handy as the 'one stop shopping' approach that existed before through thelowcarbgrocery. :)

evepet
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey everyone. I've just started IP. Today is day 3. I'm already bored with the soups! Any helpful ideas?..

I find most of the soups much tastier when I blend veggies in with them. Plus a few spices. A dash of curry powder and a smidgen of cayenne really add some oomph. Plus I most often add some dehydrated onion flakes as well.

SkinnyJeans123
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Great. Will give that a try!

MrsPookie
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Hello Everyone

Can someone tell me where there would be an IP place where I can buy some supplies in Sherwood Park area of Edmonton.

I'm coming from 4 away and I thought I would pick some things up while I'm in town

Thanks bunch Everyone

Sharon G.

Im escaping
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello,

Okay, anyone want some chicken a la king packages (3 or 4 I think). They are NOT my favourite!

Im not sure what the postage would be, but I don't want them. Jenn

CortneyMarie622
11-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Got my Simply Bars today and LOVE the one I had. I am going to miss IPs Caramel Nut Bar though, anyone find an alternative in Canada?

patns
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello Everyone

Can someone tell me where there would be an IP place where I can buy some supplies in Sherwood Park area of Edmonton.

I'm coming from 4 away and I thought I would pick some things up while I'm in town

Thanks bunch Everyone

Sharon G.

Do you mean an actual clinic? I haven't heard of any in Sherwood Park.
there were some in Fort Saskatchewan which is also just east of Edmonton.

Is there anyone (Canadian) who would like some protithin chili packets? I bought two boxes and ate a few but just don't like them. I hate to waste food. If anyone likes them I'll ship them.
Pat

IP43
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Do you mean an actual clinic? I haven't heard of any in Sherwood Park.
there were some in Fort Saskatchewan which is also just east of Edmonton.

Is there anyone (Canadian) who would like some protithin chili packets? I bought two boxes and ate a few but just don't like them. I hate to waste food. If anyone likes them I'll ship them.
Pat

Shipping gets crazy so here's a suggestion FIRST -- Put them in a crockpot with a chunk of pork tenderloin, or chicken, or something and some extra water. Maybe it will dull the salt or whatever you don't like, but add a bit of 'chili taste' to your meat? I find many of the packets just have too strong a taste.

Option 2: would adding ground chicken or something, and using it like a "hamburger helper" kind of dish help at all?

mompattie
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
I beef up my chili packets with chopped up veggies. Then serve over rutabaga fries!! Hork and pork!!!

IP43
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Hork and Pork??? OMG -- that's just making me laugh! That should NOT be the official title in your recipe book. Kinda reminds me of some of those British titles like "bangers and mash" (sausage and potatoes)

Why am I hearing a t.v commercial "(singing to jazzy tune) "Put Hork and Pork on your Fork" (yeah!) ;) (jazz hands)

MSEMDEE
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Any good places in Edmonton to find WF products?

evepet
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Is the Metro supermarket chain in Edmonton? I'm in Ontario, and they have a good variety of their salad dressings in my local Metro, generally as well as a the pancake syrup, and sometimes the apple and blueberry jams.

meandu
11-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Hello from Alberta. I too find that there is more American based information out there then Canadian. I am glad that I found this thread.

patns
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM

I love Sweet Tweets in the southeast 4345 50St

Pat

patns
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello from Alberta. I too find that there is more American based information out there then Canadian. I am glad that I found this thread.

Welcome!

IP has really grown in the US. I don't go to a clinic so sometimes order IP products online from the Protein Store.

What is irritating is I pay duty when I get them, but they are stamped Made in Quebec. So they are being shipped from canada to the US and we pay duty to bring them back.
I think maybe all of the products are made in Canada.

evepet
11-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Just discovered today that the Popeye Supplement store chain sells Quest bars! Found out totally by accident this afternoon when I dropped in to browse. I had a chat with the Owner, telling him how thelowcarbgrocery.com had been force by Health Canada to stop selling them, and that I was happy to see them still on the shelves there. So far they haven't been contacted. They had a pretty good selection of them.

Willi
11-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Has anyone tried Green Valley products? They are 0/0/0. I tried the thai sauce in a stirfry and liked it.

MSEMDEE
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok, Canadian football fans, I need your help.
I am hosting a Grey Cup party and need help with menu options.
Any ideas other than veggie trays?

OCanada
11-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey there saskbushbunny!
Grey Cup party is awesome...food wise, well how about the veggie tray, meatballs in a slowcooker (maybe cooked in a puree of LizRR's or a sauce made from WF), I do chicken ceasar salad alot for potlucks (keep mine out of the regular dressing), I bake my chicken with Spicy Pepper medley seasoning then chop it...ooh you could do the chicken like that and make lettuce wraps and dip them in a homemade Thai sauce made with WF peanut butter. Some sort of steak bites?...I am all about the crock pots and not missing the game to keep cooking! I would think you will end up with food there you can not eat, but as long as you have a few options for you to enjoy, you will not be tempted to wreck your great progress! (if chips are your thing, have some of those IP packets on hand so your hand wont dip into nachos or what the others maybe having). Hope this helps! :)

vvei
11-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Saskbushbunny....

Please tell me you won't be wearing a watermelon helmet!!! ;)

Chicken wings perhaps?

Sticky Maple Garlic Chicken Wings

1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup WW Maple syrup
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 green onions, finely chopped
3 lbs chicken wings - Make about a dozen without skin for you. it will take time but SOOOO worth it! (or cut pieces of chicken breast)

1. Double-line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, WW maple syrup, garlic, sesame oil (if using), and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Marinate for 1 hour, (or up to overnight).

3. Remove wings from marinade and spread in a single layer on foil-lined baking sheet. Reserve marinade. Bake wings for 1.5hrs, brushing with sauce every 20 mins or so. (after 10 minutes and 20 minutes – but not during last 10 minutes of cooking because the marinate will not have long enough to cook properly, having touched raw chicken).

4. Boil remaining marinade over high heat until thick and syrupy – pay close attention, it goes from syrupy to burnt very quickly. Toss with chicken wings. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.

MMMM... wings....

MSEMDEE
11-22-2012, 08:33 PM
No watermelon helmet for me! I am actually a BC fan but don't tell!
Thanks for the wings recipe.
I was planning to do chicken strips with cracked pepper, sea salt and lemon juice or in the slow cooker with WF BBQ sauce. I am going to do baked cauliflower and asparagus as well.

mompattie
11-22-2012, 09:03 PM
The wings recipe is a definite "gonna try!" Thanks!!!

patns
11-22-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't know, it it really the Grey Cup if they are not freesing their butts off???

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Welcome!

IP has really grown in the US. I don't go to a clinic so sometimes order IP products online from the Protein Store.

What is irritating is I pay duty when I get them, but they are stamped Made in Quebec. So they are being shipped from canada to the US and we pay duty to bring them back.
I think maybe all of the products are made in Canada.

Hey there! I just jumped in here right to the last page..so maybe this has been mentioned before? I order alternatives thru 'proteinwell' I think they come from saskatchewan? super fast delivery! Great food! same line as from Nashua. Hope this helps?

Oreokitty123
11-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Back on the program this time using alts as my coach stopped selling IP.

Have you ever just had one of those days that your feel like your wearing a fat suit. :?:

Oreokitty123
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey there! I just jumped in here right to the last page..so maybe this has been mentioned before? I order alternatives thru 'proteinwell' I think they come from saskatchewan? super fast delivery! Great food! same line as from Nashua. Hope this helps?

I just odered from Proteiwell. Fast delivery, took about three working days and 1/2 the price of IP!!! :carrot:

Im escaping
11-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I received my nashua order and Quest bars on Friday:). No duty on one, and only $15 on the other!! Both were around $170 total, so including shipping & tax my packets came to $1.98 each and my bars worked out to $2.15 each!!!!!

I appreciate half price:) as well as the selection...can't wait to try them all.

Thank you to everyone that mentioned the Quest bars.....oh my, I do like!

Bella73123
11-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I received my nashua order and Quest bars on Friday . No duty on one, and only $15 on the other!! Both were around $170 total, so including shipping & tax my packets came to $1.98 each and my bars worked out to $2.15 each!!!!!

I appreciate half price as well as the selection...can't wait to try them all.

Thank you to everyone that mentioned the Quest bars.....oh my, I do like!

I thought due to Nafta there shouldn't be any duty on any of these products...most of them are made in Canada from what I understand. I've never been charged duty, only taxes.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Minch
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Do any of my fellow Canadians know where to buy rhubarb at this time of year? I'm in the Maritimes and have looked everywhere.

Im escaping
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Do any of my fellow Canadians know where to buy rhubarb at this time of year? I'm in the Maritimes and have looked everywhere.

Do you have a Safeway? I've seen it in the freezer there, and recently I did see some at Superstore...but that was the first time I noticed it there.

Good luck.

evepet
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Do you have FarmBoy? That's the only place I've found it in my city.

CortneyMarie622
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I thought due to Nafta there shouldn't be any duty on any of these products...most of them are made in Canada from what I understand. I've never been charged duty, only taxes.

This is correct...if the product was made in North America then there is only tax...this is assuming that the sender marked where it was made. That is the tricky part because if they dont then you get dinged both.

patns
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM

I had to pay duty from orders from plain protein, which i found annoying since they all were stamped made in Quebec.

patns
11-26-2012, 01:28 AM

Not sure about "back home" in the east but in Alberta Safeway is the only place I can find it. When I lived in Nova Scotia there were no Safeways there though.Probably still aren't any.

Pat

rofl306
12-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Chicken wings perhaps?

Sticky Maple Garlic Chicken Wings

1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup WW Maple syrup
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 green onions, finely chopped
3 lbs chicken wings - Make about a dozen without skin for you. it will take time but SOOOO worth it! (or cut pieces of chicken breast)

1. Double-line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, WW maple syrup, garlic, sesame oil (if using), and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Marinate for 1 hour, (or up to overnight).

3. Remove wings from marinade and spread in a single layer on foil-lined baking sheet. Reserve marinade. Bake wings for 1.5hrs, brushing with sauce every 20 mins or so. (after 10 minutes and 20 minutes – but not during last 10 minutes of cooking because the marinate will not have long enough to cook properly, having touched raw chicken).

4. Boil remaining marinade over high heat until thick and syrupy – pay close attention, it goes from syrupy to burnt very quickly. Toss with chicken wings. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.

MMMM... wings....

OMG so yummy!
I made this in a slow cooker with cut up chicken breast. I did not use the oil. I cooked it for 5 hrs on low. We did not make the sauce thicker as we were too hungry after smelling it cook. I served it with a salad. The whole family said "Yummy!!"

Minch
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM

Thanks for your help everyone! I've located a market about 20 minutes out of town that has 700 lbs of frozen rhubarb! I think that should do me!

vvei
12-03-2012, 10:25 PM
OMG so yummy!
I made this in a slow cooker with cut up chicken breast. I did not use the oil. I cooked it for 5 hrs on low. We did not make the sauce thicker as we were too hungry after smelling it cook. I served it with a salad. The whole family said "Yummy!!"

I'm so happy! And now I want some! Getting expensive in WF maple syrup, but so worth it. It's actually the ONLY wf product I like (ok love). For me, as a Quebecer, maple syrup is basically it's own food group. Next time you are having an omelet, try a bit of maple syrup... salty/sweet thing going on is awesome.... mmmmm.....

Dinie89
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
is there a site that you can order the actual ideal protien packages offline??

vvei
12-04-2012, 09:01 AM
is there a site that you can order the actual ideal protien packages offline??

http://www.plainprotein.com/