Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
[COLOR="DimGray"]

So, I went on a bit of hunting trip today and was successful at larger Metro's. When I got home, I couldn't help but taste test a few.... and um.. barf. What is the big deal about these products?! I'm planning on using them for cooking purposes only that's for sure.
I am in the Ottawa Valley area and am also not a big fan of ordering on line. May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to? I tried the one in Perth with no luck. Other than buying my products directly from my coach (I go to Stitsville) about the only thing I have found in local store are the four flavors of MIO.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #17  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everybody,

Thanks for this thread.

I live in Laval and work in Montreal, Quebec. Here is where I find the Walden Farm products:

Marché Adonis
Loblaws in the Kosher section (not sure why in this section, but it is always there).

Hope that would help
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #18  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Now, a product I did find absolutely amazing is Wildwood's Zesty Garlic Aioli [URL="http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/dips-spreads/spreads/aioli/zesty-garlic-aioli-0"]
I agree - it's to die for and I was using it before IP. Love it!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
I am in the Ottawa Valley area and am also not a big fan of ordering on line. May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to? I tried the one in Perth with no luck. Other than buying my products directly from my coach (I go to Stitsville) about the only thing I have found in local store are the four flavors of MIO.
College Square Loblaws has most products - cheaper than buying from your coach.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

How interesting! So, you just add this to any food | beverage and it increases your protein intake?
The site says that each tablespoon (7g) contains 100% Pure Bovine Collagen - does that translate to 7grams of protein?

PS: What part of Canada are you from?
PPS: Could I possibly ask you any MORE questions?! lol
Yes, you can add it I guess to any beverage but I just mix in with water and gulp it down, every other day. I am from Alberta
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #21  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I am in Lindsay, Ontario (near Evepet).
Where do you get Chocorite products?
Willsmashfat. Hi there! Hope things are going well. I ordered mine from lowcarbgrocery.com. I know some people don't like ordering online, but for me it was an easy solution as I don't have a car at present. I also have found lowcarbgrocery.com to be very efficient with fast delivery. It's free delivery for a $99+ order. I've ordered 4x from them now, and have never had a problem. Always delivered to me within 3 days of placing the order.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #22  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Healthmatters.....congrats on your amazing loss! Are you doing an alternative program or IP? I'm from Red Deer as well!
I am also from Red Deer. Wow. I was using Ideal Protein up until about a month ago. Now I am doing alternatives. Nice to meet you both.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #23  
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
May I ask which "larger" Metro you went to?
From the few that I went to, the Metro located on Ogilvie and Montreal Road had the largest selection of WF products. Their products are not centralized however, so you'll need to shop around the isles by type (i.e.: Syrup, Dressing, BBQ sauce).

That said, because you seem to be located in the Westend, your best bet will likely be Loblaws in College Square as mentioned in a previous post.

I did call the Superstores in Westboro as well as in Orléans and found out that they also carry 'some' of WF products. I'll keep looking though because I need to find their sauces which is a major ingredient in the cookbook!

On a similar note, I received the following message back from Walden Farms Canada:

"Thank you for inquiring about our products. The following stores should have some of the Walden Farms product selection in your area. Please note that often not all Walden Farms items are stocked in the same area within the store.

Loblaws Supermarket
980 Baseline Road

Metro **this is untrue**
3310 McCarthy Rd

Alternatively you can request our products from the store manager at your local supermarket or specialty store and we will gladly work with them in getting it closer to your area.**I'm thinking about doing this**

Our site offers the full selection and you can shop within Canada at http://www.waldenfarms.ca

P.S. We introduced two all new products! Chocolate Peanut Spread & Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread available on-line at http://waldenfarms.ca/categories.php...Peanut-Spread-

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

David
Customer Service
[email protected]

Last edited by Ei8ht; 05-11-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
A quick hello from Montreal. I think it's a great idea to have info regarding products / restaurants that can be found in Canada.
Hi, I'm from Montreal too, i live in the West Island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everybody,

Thanks for this thread.

I live in Laval and work in Montreal, Quebec. Here is where I find the Walden Farm products:

Marché Adonis
Loblaws in the Kosher section (not sure why in this section, but it is always there).

Hope that would help
Hi Sandra, i found that the IGA Extra (remember when we met, how you turned right from the 40 on St-jean, well this time you have to go left, over the 40 and you will have the big IGA on the left). They have tons of WF products, some together (salad dressing, syrup) but a lot of them are with the other regular items (bbq sauce, jelly, etc). I even found the PB there and 3 types of mayo.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #25  
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Just to make mention of another recent thread on purchasing IP products from the Protein Store http://shopforprotein.com

1. Purchasing their products online is the same cost as purchasing from my coach, except their price is $USD;
2. After contacting their customer service with respect to shipping costs to Canada, I received a vague answer revolving around the cost shipping to Anchorage, Alaska ($16) plus the cost of shipping to a Canadian address.

Anyway - I just wanted to mention that their site is garbage, at least in relation to Canadian customers.

Last edited by Ei8ht; 05-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #26  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Hi, I'm from Montreal too, i live in the West Island!

Hi Sandra, i found that the IGA Extra (remember when we met, how you turned right from the 40 on St-jean, well this time you have to go left, over the 40 and you will have the big IGA on the left). They have tons of WF products, some together (salad dressing, syrup) but a lot of them are with the other regular items (bbq sauce, jelly, etc). I even found the PB there and 3 types of mayo.

Hey, how are you ?

I have the PB one sitting in my fridge since forever , I find it yucky, maybe it will be good with an asian style stir fry!

As for the mayo, I bought the original WF one and I add to it some garlic salt sometimes or other spices, but all in all, I am not a big fan.

The only thing that I really like from WF is the thousand island sauce, that is good.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hey, how are you ?

I have the PB one sitting in my fridge since forever , I find it yucky, maybe it will be good with an asian style stir fry!

As for the mayo, I bought the original WF one and I add to it some garlic salt sometimes or other spices, but all in all, I am not a big fan.

The only thing that I really like from WF is the thousand island sauce, that is good.
the PB is bad by itself but i like to mix it with my choclate pudding, lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #28  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
the PB is bad by itself but i like to mix it with my choclate pudding, lol.
I use it as a dip for celery and have become addicted to it. The new chocolate peanut butter is good mixed with the chocolate drink and spinach.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Greetings Fellow Canadians from the East Coast. I live in PEI and have to get everything online. I started with a Coach in Halifax (3hr drive), so now doing alternatives - looking for a good replacement for the pudding mixes, I like to use them in shakes (Water, Spinach, WF flavor and Puddng) I find the Whey Protein powders don't make my shakes creamy and rich like the puddings do?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #30  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello to all my fellow canucks!! I'm in SW Ontario (Oakville-Hamilton corridor)and thought I'd share some of my findings.

I've been to just about every Metro store in this area and can say that the Metro store in Burlington at Millcroft (Appleby Line/Upper Middle Rd) has the largest selection of WF products - I have also found the Shiiratake noodles in the vegetarian fridge in the Metro stores.

There is also a LowCarbGrocery sub-store inside the Nutrition House in the Longo's Plaza at Walkers Line/Dundas St. Here you can get the DaVinci Syrups, some WF products and even Heinz 1-carb ketchup.
Closed Thread