General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #1  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Red face The unusual pregnant question.

I just have to share this with you gals! I am still baffled.

I've read a lot of people on here that when they were heavier would get the pregnant question or comment. And I was always rather content knowing people NEVER asked me that. Now, I am pretty close to goal so never in a million years would I think to hear it.

I went swimming this morning, and I hurried out the door. When I was on my bike to the pool I got a bit hungry and realised I'd not eaten enough for some one that's about to burn 500 calories. So I asked the lady at the cafeteria in the pool if they had some healthy snack like an apple or a banana. She looked at me like I was nuts. Then when she saw me look really bothered and disappoined by her reply she was all concerned and asked me "Oh, are you pregnant?"

Now - it's already pretty weird that in a place where people come for physical activity/sports they don't sell anything but JUNK. Candy, french fries, deep fried stuff. But isn't it even more screwed up that when you are deseperately looking for healthy food you are the odd one out and get asked if you are pregnant!!!

I am stll so baffled. First time for everything, but this is the weirdest reason ever. LOL.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, she didn't think you LOOKED pregnant and my guess is it was someone young who probably couldn't imagine anyone feeling desperate about eating healthy 100% of the time - unless they were pregnant... Kind of a sad sentiment really as shouldn't we always be feeding our bodies right!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with berry, that's just sad that we can't comprehend wanting to eat well for health's sake. Good for you trying to seek out a healthy snack though!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Yup, I think she figured if you were otherwise trim and healthy looking there would be no reason to decline junk unless you were 'eating for two', so to speak. Kind of a sad assumption, but not too far off base for a lot of women!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/276.6/154

Height: 5' 8"

I think it sounds like the other girls are right, weird assumption that eating healthy and not wanting to eat what else they had must mean you are pregnant. Bit odd that at a fitness place that they only have junk though :/
Stephanie987 is offline   Reply With Quote