Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/10/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/10/12

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Good morning! It's been a long day. I thought it would be a 16+ hour day and it's going to be closer to a 20+ hour day. I started work at 7 a.m. yesterday and planned to work until 10 p.m. My meeting ended at 11 p.m. and I was dispatched to back one of my officers up at a domestic. It all turned out pretty well. The bad guy was arrested, I interviewed the victim and her 3 little girls. Now I just wanted to check in and vent as I have a big glass or water while I wait for my partner to sign my affidavit.

Tomorrow is my 6th WI, not sure I will even be awake for it.

VenomousPiano
05-10-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm struggling to stay on my diet, because I've been so stressed, but I've stuck with it, and I'm proud of it. :)

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm struggling to stay on my diet, because I've been so stressed, but I've stuck with it, and I'm proud of it. :)

I am proud of you too. It is hard work buy you're worth it.

:carrot:

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Lol it's funny, you guys are posting good morning and I am just going to sleep! :dizzy:

cupcakecathy
05-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Today will be my first day, of course working the 11p-7a shift might pose a few problems but my coach thinks all will be good.

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Just got home. I hope you all have an awesome day. I will probably sleep through my WI time!

Just weighed in on my scale it read 401/02 so that's a good feeling especially since my legs are swollen. Hope to confirm later.

Journey36
05-10-2012, 06:22 AM
After a 3 week hiatus... I'm back on program:) Weekend trips for synchronized swimming competitions, a week in LA with a girlfriend to see "Ellen" and 2 birthdays= 0.2 lbs lost in a month. Not a great loss... But it's not a gain:) I tried to stick with 1-2 IP pckg/ day and making better choices- even though I was cheating... I proved to myself I can keep it off!! I sure learned the price of cheating~ im committed to being back on program 100% to loose the next 30 lbs. Already back in ketosis and feeling okay... Looking forward to being inspired by the success stories on this forum!

atho128
05-10-2012, 06:59 AM
WI#2 and lost another 3.8 lbs!!! YAYYAYYAYYAY!!

Cadu
05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
After a 3 week hiatus... I'm back on program:) Weekend trips for synchronized swimming competitions, a week in LA with a girlfriend to see "Ellen" and 2 birthdays= 0.2 lbs lost in a month. Not a great loss... But it's not a gain:) I tried to stick with 1-2 IP pckg/ day and making better choices- even though I was cheating... I proved to myself I can keep it off!! I sure learned the price of cheating~ im committed to being back on program 100% to loose the next 30 lbs. Already back in ketosis and feeling okay... Looking forward to being inspired by the success stories on this forum!

Welcome back Journey

whoo hoooo congrats on the loss atho.

Good Morning Everybody!

So, my firm closed down last December and since then I have been a stay at home domestic Goddess. DH called out of work today for a mental health day, so I am gonna have to make myself look busy. I surely dont want him to see me enjoying being home instead of working. LOL

Have a wonderful day.

shathom
05-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Good Morning All,

I have WI #4 this morning, I will check in at lunchtime with the update. Don't feel too optomistic about a loss, was not feeling quite like myself this week. Have a great OP day all :carrot:

0ojoyo0
05-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 10, and doing okay. I feel like the world is ending because I left my breakfast bar at home. :mad: On the bright side, I am able to button my jeans! And they're not digging into me when I sit down. So maybe it will be a good day, afterall. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Samba
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Weighed in this morning. Another 2lbs outta here!!:flow1:

I am setting no speed record, but still pleased that the weight is moving.:moped:

I have a day of dog grooming planned. The weather is great, so going to do some outside stuff.

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning all. About ready to hit the road for about a 10+ hour drive home. Either a cookie or a bar this morning and then a Subway salad for lunch and a RTD for mid day snack. We have leftovers in the ice chest that will be dinner. Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Glad to hear about the losses. Hope everyone had a great OP day.
Molly

Cadu
05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Good Morning All,

I have WI #4 this morning, I will check in at lunchtime with the update. Don't feel too optomistic about a loss, was not feeling quite like myself this week. Have a great OP day all :carrot:

Good luck today at WI

I am setting no speed record, but still pleased that the weight is moving.:moped:

I have a day of dog grooming planned. The weather is great, so going to do some outside stuff.

WHOOO HOOOOOOO. you are melting away. congrats!

Good morning all. About ready to hit the road for about a 10+ hour drive home. Either a cookie or a bar this morning and then a Subway salad for lunch and a RTD for mid day snack. We have leftovers in the ice chest that will be dinner. Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Molly

10+ hours of driving.. ugh thats rough. on the bright side it is allot of quality time with DH ;)

jenn04
05-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Another week almost done. Ill weigh in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Momto2cs
05-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Morning-today is Thursday!

carolirish
05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
@ Cadu. WOW! your pics show such a difference in 3 months. You look a lot younger in the last one. Well Done!
Booked a flight to go and see my sister in Indonesia in October and my new niece or nephew. It's a great incentive. 5 months away. Some new swimwear!!
Have a good day, it's still dreary weather in Holland!

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 09:41 AM
:flow1:Welcome back Journey

Good Morning Everybody!

So, my firm closed down last December and since then I have been a stay at home domestic Goddess. DH called out of work today for a mental health day, so I am gonna have to make myself look busy. I surely dont want him to see me enjoying being home instead of working. LOL

Have a wonderful day.

I love seeing your monthly progress pictures; you look fabulous!!!:flame:

Lynnie63
05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
WI # 5 last night. Down 3.4#, for a total of 19 pounds!!! So, that brings me into the 240's and less than 100# to my "goal".

Have a great day!

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Another week almost done. Ill weigh in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!!

:goodvibes Have a great WI; I wish you luck!!!!:goodvibes

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
WI # 5 last night. Down 3.4#, for a total of 19 pounds!!! So, that brings me into the 240's and less than 100# to my "goal".

Have a great day!

Way to go!!!! You are doing Fabulous!:carrot:

mtnsun4
05-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Down another 2 lbs for the week. :) Last week I lost 1 so I am happy with the 2. I have set a mini-goal for myself to be down 15 lbs by June 15th. I am going on a cruise for 7 days and I really want to meet that goal. So, here I go!

CassiR
05-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Cadu, You're progress pictures are amazing! Way to go girl!

Samba, Look at that ticker move! Woo Hoo congrats! Enjoy the weather :)

Lynnie, Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on the loss! Great job!

mtnsun, Congrats! You can do it!

CassiR
05-10-2012, 09:57 AM
So last night I got my hair done as a treat for making my goal weight. It's a lot shorter than I'm used to and I even got highlights! I havent had color done in over 5 years! I'll post a pic in my profile :)

Also, today I'm going to try a spinning class during my work lunch hour! Very exciting. I have taken one in the past and it was so much fun with the music and everything. Very intense but I loved it. If I like it, I'll end up going both times it's held during the week.

I hope everyone has a great OP day! Remember, take it one day at a time! This is NOT an easy journey and we should all pat ourselves on the back for making it this far! :hug:

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 09:59 AM

You are doing fantastic!!! So close to your goal. It must feel wonderful!

I love dogs, too. Have 3 but they are mutts except for a pedigreed mini dauchshund (in picture with me)

Molly

Sounds like you have a firm plan of what youre eating. Ugh is right; that is the hard part about vacation is the going back to work part. :dizzy:

Good morning everyone! Day 10, and doing okay. I feel like the world is ending because I left my breakfast bar at home. :mad: On the bright side, I am able to button my jeans! And they're not digging into me when I sit down. So maybe it will be a good day, afterall. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

I have missed bringing my breakfast before and it really was easier for me not to have it (I am not promoting this) but I made it just fine and did not add extras later. This loose clothes deal feels terrific!

I am really proud of you too! Great job; it wil be easier!:carrot:

Great job everyone! I love the support here; this is my "safe place".
People have been negative to me about the diet saying if you lose fast you will gain it all back and this is OK with me because I have gained it back over and over but this time I realize.....I can never go back to my old ways. I am relearning to eat and sure If I go back to sweets, fats and junk food I will put it all back on.
I took it off this time for my health. I am 61, was borderline diabetic and have high BP and fatty liver disease plus an enlarged heart from BP being out of control for so long. I started at 225 in Novemeber and lost 30 lbs then found IP and have continued. What I realize is this has to be for life; I cannot screw around with my body or health any longer....it catches up with you.
Good news is my liver is fine now, I am no longer borderline diabetic and the doc lowered my BP meds; so I am on the right path and this program is the right one for me!

Dakin
05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Morning all.
I'm still really struggling... so much so that I didn't even post yesterday, but lurked all day. Stayed home to babysit the new grand baby while her mommy had jury duty, and I read every maintainers thread available to see whether or not to move on to p2 - p3, stay on p1, or just give up. DD got on a jury, so she didn't leave court until after 5:00 - which means I missed my WI and chance to talk to my coach.
I'm feeling a little stronger today, and have committed myself to measuring everything, skipping restricteds and trying to focus ... just for today. Maybe that's the key, to stop looking at the calendar and just worry about getting through today.
Wishing everyone a great OP day!!!

0ojoyo0
05-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Great job everyone! I love the support here; this is my "safe place".
People have been negative to me about the diet saying if you lose fast you will gain it all back and this is OK with me because I have gained it back over and over but this time I realize.....I can never go back to my old ways. I am relearning to eat and sure If I go back to sweets, fats and junk food I will put it all back on.
I took it off this time for my health. I am 61, was borderline diabetic and have high BP and fatty liver disease plus an enlarged heart from BP being out of control for so long. I started at 225 in Novemeber and lost 30 lbs then found IP and have continued. What I realize is this has to be for life; I cannot screw around with my body or health any longer....it catches up with you.
Good news is my liver is fine now, I am no longer borderline diabetic and the doc lowered my BP meds; so I am on the right path and this program is the right one for me!

Good for you. Gaining it all back is a worry for me too. But I always hope to remember how unhappy and unhealthy I am at my current weight. I think the great thing about this program is that it teaches you how to eat so you can keep the weight off. I've noticed some people do a reboot every once in a while, and that may be what you have to do to keep it off. But an annual reboot is much better than having to lose it all again. That's what I plan to do :) Don't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about. You're doing great!

prettyone
05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Good Morning All. I was waiting to see Thursday chat pop up then got curious and opened this thread to realize this is the Thursday thread but its called Wednesday. Well today is WI Im so BLOATED so wish me luck. Sometimes TOM can be a pain in the rump roast! Hava a good day!

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Morning all.
I'm still really struggling... so much so that I didn't even post yesterday, but lurked all day. Stayed home to babysit the new grand baby while her mommy had jury duty, and I read every maintainers thread available to see whether or not to move on to p2 - p3, stay on p1, or just give up. DD got on a jury, so she didn't leave court until after 5:00 - which means I missed my WI and chance to talk to my coach.
I'm feeling a little stronger today, and have committed myself to measuring everything, skipping restricteds and trying to focus ... just for today. Maybe that's the key, to stop looking at the calendar and just worry about getting through today.

:hug:
Good luck to you; I hope you stay and I wish you a great OP day!!

Dakin
05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Darralyn,
I'm really glad to see that you are making yourself a priority.
Do not let others get you down, you deserve to be healthy and happy.
And, like you said, you've been down the loss / regain road before, you know the territory. This time, however, you will choose a different path.
Just finished teaching Robert Frost's 'The Road Not Taken', can you tell?
I'm proud of your commitment.

rvingprincess
05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Had my 3rd WI last night bye bye 3.5 more lbs, for a total of 17.5 lbs. and have lost a total of 12 inches in just 3 1/2 weeks. Whoo Whoo!!!!:carrot: Yesterday one of our outside agents came into the office and the minute she saw me she said you have lost a ton of weight, stand up girl. Needless to say that made my day. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day and good luck to those who still have WI's this week, may the Whoosh fairy visit you as well. Can hardly wait until I break into the 180's, hopefully within a day or two.

KitKat169
05-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm glad I took a few minutes before work this morning to check in because great things already happening. Congrats on the positive WIs and may there be many more today.

Cau, you look amazing in your new pics!

I'm off to have a great OP day. Getting my hair done this afternoon. Work will be a split shift morning and evening. Planning a turkey taco salad for dinner.

Karen71
05-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Had my first WI yesterday.... I JUST LOVE IP!!! :carrot:

Down 9.2lbs...so excited for next weeks WI.

Have a great OP day!

Chloe222
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Morning all.

Dakin,
You have lost 20lbs. in 7 weeks!! That is amazing. You really don't have that much to lose. I don't see why you feel badly - your losses are great - just 2 weeks ago you lost 5 lbs in 1 week (unless I'm mistaken - but thought I saw that on your ticker). Keep looking at the positive side, healthier, thinner, day by day. You're getting there and quickly too! Stay positive, my friend.

Cadu,
You look gorgeous!

All,
I wrote a longish post acknowedging many of you and then my computer decided to do a windows update unannounced and just shut down on me earlier today and I lost that post. I have to run now (boo hoo - so much more to read on 3FC today...will catch up later though).

Molly,
Drive safely!

Cassie,
Your new hairdo looks adorable, you look incredible! You could be a model.

So I want to say that congrats to all of you for hanging in there, during the tough times and days of weight gain or no weight loss. It is tough but as others have said, you are so worth it! And while it is "tough" some days, it is easier, faster and healthier than many of the other diets.

Have a wonderful day,
Chloe

rvingprincess
05-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Have a great OP day!

That is a great first WI, congratulations and keep up the hard work. The first week is the hardest but you can do it as long as you keep your head in the game. Once you see and especially feel the losses, that will keep you motivated. If you get the feeling to cheat remember how good it felt when you stepped on that scale and it read -9.2 lbs. Good luck.

auroragrl
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Just back from my first WI!!!! So Excited!!!:carrot:

I'm down 8 lbs. and 8 inches!! My goal for next week is 5!

Had my IP chocolate pancake with WF syrup - yummm!

The sun in shining!!

Have a great day everyone!!:D

CkM
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I have posted because I was out of town. I have a lot of catching up to do! I did really well on my trip, except for last night I think. I had a late flight and ate at Chili's chili last night(it was the only thing on the menu that was available at 9pm), but trying not to sweat over it. Other than that slip I was OP the rest of the trip.

I have weigh in # 2 tomorrow, hopefully the chili doesn't completely kill my weight loss for this week.

Have a great day everyone!

DanafromAustin
05-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Good morning! Lots of great WI's so far this morning, congrats! It's always so nice to come on here first thing in the morning, with my bar and a big cup of hot tea, and read about what is happening with everyone. Good news, bad news, we are all here to help along this journey.

Today I have to take my teenage son to the dermatologist so he can have his skin check. He is at high risk for melanoma, and so the Dr. keeps a close eye on him. Hopefully she doesn't have to remove anything. Then off to the airport to pick up my niece who is flying in from Nashville. She is a high energy young woman, and I always have fun with her as we go go go! My daughter is finishing up her college semester today, and so it looks like a celebration dinner is on order. Busy, but fun day.. Have a good OP day everyone.

Almost forgot... Carol your pictures are amazing. You are doing fantastic!:carrot:

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Cassie and Carol,

Great new pictures. I can only hope as I lose more I will begin to look so different and good.

I'm getting somewhat excited about WI this weekend. I have not felt thin, but this morning, I put on jeans that were fine yesterday and are really baggy today. At least baggy jeans are really comfy for the long car ride.

Love my Netbook so I can keep track of eveyone's post along the way. Don't have to wait until I get home. Also, an advantage to have DH doing the driving.
Molly

evepet
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
So, my firm closed down last December and since then I have been a stay at home domestic Goddess. DH called out of work today for a mental health day, so I am gonna have to make myself look busy. I surely dont want him to see me enjoying being home instead of working. LOL Have a wonderful day.

LOL at your comment. Really just came in to comment again on your latest picture. The weight loss is really showing now - your bone structure in your face is so apparent now. You really do look great. :D

So last night I got my hair done as a treat for making my goal weight. It's a lot shorter than I'm used to and I even got highlights! I havent had color done in over 5 years! I'll post a pic in my profile :)

Also, today I'm going to try a spinning class during my work lunch hour! Very exciting. I have taken one in the past and it was so much fun with the music and everything. Very intense but I loved it. If I like it, I'll end up going both times it's held during the week.

I hope everyone has a great OP day! Remember, take it one day at a time! This is NOT an easy journey and we should all pat ourselves on the back for making it this far! :hug:

Your hair looks really cute. Like the highlights - quite subtle. Good luck with the spinning.

I love the support here; this is my "safe place".

This is indeed a 'safe place'. It's so great to be able to come here and 'let it all out'... show warts and all, and know the support is still forthcoming. There are very few people who are aware that I'm even on a 'structured' program, and so far my weight loss has been slow enough that no one is expressing concern. I totally agree though that this has to be 'for life', and that we have to adjust our mentality about food, etc. At our age we can't forever 'yo-yo' and expect our bodies to be as forgiving. So glad to hear that your medical reports have improved so much - that's fantastic. Kudos to you, you are doing great. :hug:

Morning all.

I think there's a lot to be said for ignoring the calendar (and the scale) and just keeping the focus on all the positive things related to our progress on this diet - and just concentrating on today. I thought I was doing great up to 4pm yesterday (in fact had been practically patting myself on the shoulder that I had this 'down pat') but then allowed a little :devil: on my shoulder to influence me... if you read Pookie's thread you'll see a little of my 'slip story' from yesterday. I'm determined to get back 100% OP today. You've done great though Dakin. You're a role model for me. I'm sure you'll sort out what's best to do for the remainder of your program.

Good for you. Gaining it all back is a worry for me too. But I always hope to remember how unhappy and unhealthy I am at my current weight. I think the great thing about this program is that it teaches you how to eat so you can keep the weight off. I've noticed some people do a reboot every once in a while, and that may be what you have to do to keep it off. But an annual reboot is much better than having to lose it all again. That's what I plan to do :) Don't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about. You're doing great!

Good advice - don't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about. I love the idea of the annual reboots. So much easier - mentally and physically - to tackle a few extra pounds, than the effects of a larger accumulated weight gain. Somebody posted some great maintenance tips recently too, which will be my Bible once I finally get to goal... especially the one about weighing myself regularly.

Good morning! Lots of great WI's so far this morning, congrats! It's always so nice to come on here first thing in the morning, with my bar and a big cup of hot tea, and read about what is happening with everyone. Good news, bad news, we are all here to help along this journey.
Today I have to take my teenage son to the dermatologist so he can have his skin check. :

ITA. I'm addicted to this forum, and being able to sit down and get caught up on how every one of you is doing. And to know that good or bad, everyone here is supportive and encouraging. Hope all is good with your son's check-up.

evepet
05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Good day to everyone.

Today's confession time for me. While I've been doing very well with staying OP for the past 6 weeks, I caved yesterday. I think I've been too complacent, believing that I had this thing down pat and the rest was going to be 'clear sailing'.

Around 4pm yesterday I had my afternoon bar snack - a new one that is only 35gms and I thought might work as a 'smaller 4th packet' if I continue with my current 4 packets/day meal plan...well, my idea didn't work very well yesterday, as it was definitely a case of 'wanting more' and I caved and then between then and 10pm I ate 8 of them!!! They are smaller high protein/low carb/sugar/fat bars with 'only' 100 cals each (how's that for rationalizing...) - but still...that was 800 cals in bars alone yesterday !! As I type that, I'm sort of both laughing at myself and kicking myself. For me I know it was at least in part because I felt really tired and sort of unwell yesterday, and while I didn't want to admit it (obviously even to myself) I'm frustrated by my sloow weight loss. Yesterday's WI of 'just' -1 lb again got to me. Part of me was ok right up to 4pm, saying that it was fine that I was having slow weight loss... that I'll get there eventually, etc. The other part of me was pissed and frustrated that my loss numbers aren't better. I don't think I'd have caved if I hadn't also been feeling really tired out and lousy in general yesterday... but the combination did it.

But - today's another day. I've had an OP breakfast, lots of water, sipping black decaf coffee, and I had a good sleep and feel much better in general this morning. So 'onwards and upwards'.

I'm sending :hug::hug: and lots of positive energy to all of you today. Have a great OP day.

Jag23
05-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Good morning,I have so much to tell you all. I was in Day surgery the other day. Hated that I couldn't fit the scubs on the SMALL shelf. Well guess what? I tried a pair on and they fit perfectly. I danced a happy dance.
Yesterday I cycled about 18 miles. Boy did I feel great as I had walked 6 k the day before. A friend told me yesterday"You have no hips!" These are such empowering re enforcements. I love it.
Today is WI day,and I took the scales into the kitchen this morning so my DD could see the #'s. HELLO I see the 140's at 148.2
Unoffical,but boy am I pumped. Yesterday I grabbed Santa Cruz drink and did not think of checking carbs and sugar until it was nearly done. OMG 32 g of sugar and carbs!! Ya,I'm still upset about that. Why did I forget to look? I drank litre of water when I got back home. Hope it flushed that drink out.
Darrlyn,you are doing so well and the pics are great to see. I need to try and get some of myself. Have an awesome day everyone. I'm off to physio

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Welcome back Journey

Good Morning Everybody!

Have a wonderful day.

You newest photo is beautiful. You look more relaxed and younger!

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Just back from my first WI!!!! So Excited!!!:carrot:

I'm down 8 lbs. and 8 inches!! My goal for next week is 5!

Had my IP chocolate pancake with WF syrup - yummm!

The sun in shining!!

Have a great day everyone!!:D

Morning-today is Thursday!

AWESOME weight loss! 8#'s gone forever!

Sure is.

prettygirlusaf
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Everyone is so motivating here, I love it!!! I am hopefully going to be able to start walking next week. I had an accident the day before I started IP and it has kept me from working out. Starting to feel like I want to get moving though!! My body does not respond to intense workouts, only during boot camp, but I was young then!! I am going to stick to Yoga and walking and lots of stretching. My coach said NO to lifting weights. The weather is getting nice and I want to play!!! Have a great day everyone!!

Samba
05-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Absolutly YAY!!! So happy for you. Keep on keeping on!

Have a great day!

Amazing work! Must be awesome to come to that milestone!

I love dogs, too. Have 3 but they are mutts except for a pedigreed mini dauchshund (in picture

I love your cute dachshund!! I have a lot of fun with the dogs.

You are like me in that doing IP is a fight for your health. There is no reason you can't be successful and then continue on with a healthy lifestyle. Phooey on naysayers!

Had my 3rd WI last night bye bye 3.5 more lbs, for a total of 17.5 lbs. and have lost a total of 12 inches in just 3 1/2 weeks. Whoo Whoo!!!!:carrot: Yesterday one of our outside agents came into the office and the minute she saw me she said you have lost a ton of weight, stand up girl. Needless to say that made my day. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day and good luck to those who still have WI's this week, may the Whoosh fairy visit you as well. Can hardly wait until I break into the 180's, hopefully within a day or two.

Hurray for your loss and those compliments really do help us keep going!! Hope you get to 180's quickly and the beyond! GO!!!

Have a great OP day!

I really love IP too! Congrats to you on wonderful first weigh in!!

beckyjo
05-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome back Journey

Good Morning Everybody!

Have a wonderful day.

Cadu you look so much younger. I have not seen you pics till today. you look so young and beautiful.

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry about messing up the day of the week sleep deprivation and the whoosh fairy! Just had WI 6 I am down 8 pounds this week for a total of 65#s!

I changed the header but it will not change it on the main page. I sent a request to the moderators for help.

Have a great day.

sylviastout
05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, but I wanted to say hi. I love how supportive everyone is on here! I've been on IP for about 10 weeks, but my weight has stayed the same the past 4 weeks. I'm so frustrated. Hopefully next WI will be the charm : )

GemIAm
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Congrats to everyone on their SVs & NSVs! I had my WI this morning and was elated to have a 2.4 lb loss! Grand total of 59 lbs down - whoo-hoo.

I have been asked to speak at the next IP open house at my Drs. appointment...very excited.

beckyjo
05-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Cassie and Carol,

Great new pictures. I can only hope as I lose more I will begin to look so different and good.

I'm getting somewhat excited about WI this weekend. I have not felt thin, but this morning, I put on jeans that were fine yesterday and are really baggy today. At least baggy jeans are really comfy for the long car ride.

Love my Netbook so I can keep track of eveyone's post along the way. Don't have to wait until I get home. Also, an advantage to have DH doing the driving.
Molly

Your first pic looks like the smile is a little forced the second pic it looks real. YOu look great and so much younger keep up the good work and have a safe trip home.

lisabk
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
This was in response to Cadu's posting.

Wow, love the progression of pictures. I've lost almost 60 lbs but I don't see the difference in myself like I can see in you. You look great.

haddy4
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
weigh in day ..wish me luck ha ha

shathom
05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Woo hoo! Down another 3#. Total of 25.5 lost in 4 weeks, this diet is amazing (I'm smiling and showing ALL of my teeth):carrot::carrot:

Congrats to everyone that lost this week!

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Good luck!:cheer2: I am sure you'll be in Onederland!

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Woo hoo! Down another 3#. Total of 25.5 lost in 4 weeks, this diet is amazing (I'm smiling and showing ALL of my teeth):carrot::carrot:

:bravo: Good for you! Great job!!!

haddy4
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Good luck!:cheer2: I am sure you'll be in Onederland!

thanks im actually im at 191 but i dont know how to change anything on my profile or tracker im computer challenged..ha ha :dizzy:

prettygirlusaf
05-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I was wondering (and I have searched a lot of threads) is anyone here supplementing with an atkins bar here and there? I am not a fan of IP bars. I basically drink the RTD Choc and Van drinks. Sometimes I have a dark Choc pudding, but I am not a fan of the other foods. I find that 1/2 an atkins bar has less carbs, & sugar than the IP bar and taste so close to a Reeces PB cup. I am the type who takes off the chocoalte on the edge of the Reeces and throws it away, I like a lot of PB and little choc. So this is just like that!! Anyways I am hoping that 1/2 a bar 1-2 times a week and maybe 2 egg whites to add protein with no fat/sugar/carbs will work for me. That would actually give me better nutrition stats than just the IP bar alone. I have done so well, but I would like to supplemant a tad because the RTD drinks are more spendy. I plan on doing it on my own when I feel like I have found a good alt plan of action. I have heard that New Lifestyles RTD shakes are exactly the same product as the IP ones just in a different package??? Anyone know for sure?? Thanks!!

CkM
05-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Good day to everyone.

Today's confession time for me. While I've been doing very well with staying OP for the past 6 weeks, I caved yesterday. I think I've been too complacent, believing that I had this thing down pat and the rest was going to be 'clear sailing'.

Around 4pm yesterday I had my afternoon bar snack - a new one that is only 35gms and I thought might work as a 'smaller 4th packet' if I continue with my current 4 packets/day meal plan...well, my idea didn't work very well yesterday, as it was definitely a case of 'wanting more' and I caved and then between then and 10pm I ate 8 of them!!! They are smaller high protein/low carb/sugar/fat bars with 'only' 100 cals each (how's that for rationalizing...) - but still...that was 800 cals in bars alone yesterday !! As I type that, I'm sort of both laughing at myself and kicking myself. For me I know it was at least in part because I felt really tired and sort of unwell yesterday, and while I didn't want to admit it (obviously even to myself) I'm frustrated by my sloow weight loss. Yesterday's WI of 'just' -1 lb again got to me. Part of me was ok right up to 4pm, saying that it was fine that I was having slow weight loss... that I'll get there eventually, etc. The other part of me was pissed and frustrated that my loss numbers aren't better. I don't think I'd have caved if I hadn't also been feeling really tired out and lousy in general yesterday... but the combination did it.

But - today's another day. I've had an OP breakfast, lots of water, sipping black decaf coffee, and I had a good sleep and feel much better in general this morning. So 'onwards and upwards'.

I'm sending :hug::hug: and lots of positive energy to all of you today. Have a great OP day.

Keep up the dedication. There is no reason to beat yourself up over it. I have found that if I get up and go for a walk or drink 8oz of water that my cravings diminish :)

prettygirlusaf
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
thanks im actually im at 191 but i dont know how to change anything on my profile or tracker im computer challenged..ha ha :dizzy:

I just go to the UserCP at the top and get to my profile there. Hope that helps:)

Manda Marie
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
NSV today.
Tough day at work, working with two of people who want to do the BARE MINIMUM. Thankfully most people I work with are great, but these two making it tough......
We had a team lunch today so I had to eat with everyone together in the cafeteria. Everyone got fries, chicken fingers, curly fries, onion rings, sandwhiches, burgers...... I ate a big salad with vinegar and oil, egg whites, veggies, and some tuna salad. And, I didn't eat or really even want the cake. I hate eating in a group anyway. I feel like when people see my obviously watching what I eat, they think I think I'm fat. Then, if they didn't already, they think I'm fat/weak/sloppy/unhappy. Guh.
BUT I didn't give in today! And actually writing that on this board helped with my motivations. So thanks everyone!

Kaypix
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Good morning! It's been a long day. I thought it would be a 16+ hour day and it's going to be closer to a 20+ hour day. I started work at 7 a.m. yesterday and planned to work until 10 p.m. My meeting ended at 11 p.m. and I was dispatched to back one of my officers up at a domestic. It all turned out pretty well. The bad guy was arrested, I interviewed the victim and her 3 little girls. Now I just wanted to check in and vent as I have a big glass or water while I wait for my partner to sign my affidavit.
Hey are you a cop? I was a dispatcher (in a former life) and it's how I gained the last 30 LBS of weight lol.

You should be proud!

I can't wait until I can SQUEEZE into the next size down and not have it almost burst at the seams. I remember the day my "normal" go to jeans split down the inner thigh :( That was a low point for me.

Grats!!

Molly
Molly-Drive safe!

Have a great day!
Woots you are getting there :)

Morning all.
I'm feeling a little stronger today, and have committed myself to measuring everything, skipping restricteds and trying to focus ... just for today. Maybe that's the key, to stop looking at the calendar and just worry about getting through today. Wishing everyone a great OP day!!!
Sometimes the weight watcher quote that I got helps, "One Minute, One Hour, One Day, One Week at a time"

Good morning,I have so much to tell you all. I was in Day surgery the other day. Hated that I couldn't fit the scubs on the SMALL shelf. Well guess what? I tried a pair on and they fit perfectly. I danced a happy dance.
Yesterday I cycled about 18 miles. Boy did I feel great as I had walked 6 k the day before. A friend told me yesterday"You have no hips!" These are such empowering re enforcements. I love it.
Grats on fitting into smalls!!
Do you think cycling is helping with your hips? I'm a medium frame (technically) and have always had "fatty" hips, hoping this helps thin them down...my folks are dropping off my bicycle at my house this weekend and I'd LOVE to burn these babies off :D (currently walk 30 minutes every day on my lunch break, about 2 miles right now)

Everyone is so motivating here, I love it!!! I am hopefully going to be able to start walking next week
You'll have fun walking :) It's pretty low impact and gives you time to yourself :)

Hi everyone,
I'm new here, but I wanted to say hi. I love how supportive everyone is on here! I've been on IP for about 10 weeks, but my weight has stayed the same the past 4 weeks. I'm so frustrated. Hopefully next WI will be the charm : )
Hi Sylvia :)

Wow good job! 25 lbs in a month, that must feel AMAZING!!!! Super proud of you :)

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Kaypix

Yes small town police chief here in VT. Where did you dispatch? Working an all nighter used to involve lots of fast food. Last night/this morning worked pretty well because of my survival stores of IP food in my desk drawer!

Aud007
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi all ;-)

I started the day with an IP disappointment (first one - eheh!) I tried the chocolate pudding and I just can't stand the taste. I tried adding more water and warming it and still, it just didn't want to go through...I guess I won't buy this one again. Do you often get the puddings, do you like it?

That is so good! You should be proud of yourself ;-)

Aud007
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
CADU - I just saw your evolution photos...wow! Congratulations! Very inspiring ;-)

paulimapi
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi! Today has been going good :) Hope you can all say the same.
I won't be home this afternoon/night so I'm taking a bar and a lemon pudding with me to make there.
Also I'm happy to say I'm doing better with my veggies. I'll eat 2 cups of cucumber with lemon happily. Also I realized that if I add garlic and pepper to my brocoli and mushrooms, it tastes so much better.

Up North Girl
05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Welcome back Journey

Good Morning Everybody!

Have a wonderful day.
Cadu-
thanks for posting the pics. It is so inspiring to see your progress. You look beautiful!

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi all ;-)

I started the day with an IP disappointment (first one - eheh!) I tried the chocolate pudding and I just can't stand the taste. I tried adding more water and warming it and still, it just didn't want to go through...I guess I won't buy this one again. Do you often get the puddings, do you like it?

I was like you, the chocolate pudding as pudding, eheh, but there are lots of things to do with the puddings. The most popular is make a shake (6 or 7 oz water, 4 or 5 ice cubes, I add some 0/0/0 flavoring and sometimes spinach to get in veggies).

Last night in the Wednesday Daily Chat someone else complained about the puddings and I added a few recipes for doing something with pudding.Here'sa link to that page, it's near the bottom
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258687-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-5-9-12-a-10.html

Hope that helps. The recipes help make the packets and the program more interesting.

Molly

MaggieD
05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Boy, I'm loving all the positive WIs today! iP really is a fantastic program.

My new braces aren't hurting me near as much today. I was actually able to eat non-IP protein last night (shredded chicken) so my coach may soon let me advance to Phase 2 finally. :carrot: I found fresh rhubarb at my local grocery this morning. I've never cooked it before, so I'm off now to search the forum for rhubarb recipes and how-tos!

Here's wishing an OP day to all.

sprite613
05-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Good after noon everyone,

It's so awesome to see all the negative numbers at WIs today! I have my first WI tomorrow morning and I'm excited. I have been strict all week and I think I'll have something good to report also!

I did have a NSV of my own on Tuesday. I went out with some friends to our local Irish Pub for trivia quiz night like we do every week. I ate dinner before I left and took a pack of choc. soy puffs for my snack while there. I was able to sit and watch my friends eat, have my snack and water, and felt great about it! I wasn't even hungry to try to look at their food. Plus my snack was yummy!

Hopefully I'll have good news to report in the daily tomorrow after my WI. Have a great night everyone!

CassiR
05-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone!
Congrats to each and every one who had WI's. Even a small loss means you are that much closer to your goal. IP does work!

My spinning class was fun! Difficult.. but fun! I think the more times I go the easier it will get. I am so glad I brought my Mango RTD just in case because after I got back to my desk I was a little light-headed.
I do have a question. I found that during all the "activity" I was doing during the spinning class I was a little gassy... :o
Is there anything I can take with my food so I can prevent this from happening? Probiotics? Enzymes? :dizzy:

Kaypix
05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Seeing everyone losing weight makes me want to do sit ups or something, catch the bug, so to speak :) I'm half way through week 3 (weigh in # 3 next Monday) and PRAYING I have a 2lb loss, which would allow me to say i'm in the "lower" 180s instead of the "mid 180s" which is where I've been for the past two years.

Kaypix
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Kaypix

Yes small town police chief here in VT. Where did you dispatch? Working an all nighter used to involve lots of fast food. Last night/this morning worked pretty well because of my survival stores of IP food in my desk drawer!

I dispatched for Metro Communications ~ Minnehaha County South Dakota (Sioux Falls and the surrounding area)...population...a whoppin' 170,000 including the small towns around us. Our work website was 911metro.org , and yes, lots and lots and LOTS of food delivery for us, since we didn't take lunch breaks and only ate at our desks except two 15 min breaks a day that we got. We knew the delivery people by name, it was that bad ;) We dispatched Police, Animal Control, and Sheriff Office Deputies as well as Fire/EMS, so it was a lot of fun, but the stress and sedentary lifestyle really took its toll on my body.

auroragrl
05-10-2012, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Aud007;4328719]Hi all ;-)

I put a little Stevia in mine, put it in the fridge for about an hour and then it's yummy!

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 04:34 PM
NSV today.
Tough day at work, working with two of people who want to do the BARE MINIMUM. Thankfully most people I work with are great, but these two making it tough......
We had a team lunch today so I had to eat with everyone together in the cafeteria. Everyone got fries, chicken fingers, curly fries, onion rings, sandwhiches, burgers...... I ate a big salad with vinegar and oil, egg whites, veggies, and some tuna salad. And, I didn't eat or really even want the cake. I hate eating in a group anyway. I feel like when people see my obviously watching what I eat, they think I think I'm fat. Then, if they didn't already, they think I'm fat/weak/sloppy/unhappy. Guh.
BUT I didn't give in today! And actually writing that on this board helped with my motivations. So thanks everyone!

You are a strong woman. You made excellent choices and showed discipline. I bet people are actually impressed by your planning and determination. I know I am.

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I found fresh rhubarb at my local grocery this morning. I've never cooked it before, so I'm off now to search the forum for rhubarb recipes and how-tos!

Here's what I've collected for rhubarb recipes. This should help you with your search.
Molly

Rhubarb Jello
• 1/2 c. stevia
• 1 c. water
• A few drops red food coloring
• 4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
• 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello

Ingredients description
100 ml of water

500 ml of rhubarb

3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)

1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello

Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Diana B
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome back Journey

Good Morning Everybody!

Have a wonderful day.

Your pictures are awesome! Keep up the good work, and make sure he knows how hard you work at home, lol;)

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I was wondering (and I have searched a lot of threads) is anyone here supplementing with an atkins bar here and there? I am not a fan of IP bars. I basically drink the RTD Choc and Van drinks. Sometimes I have a dark Choc pudding, but I am not a fan of the other foods. I find that 1/2 an atkins bar has less carbs, & sugar than the IP bar and taste so close to a Reeces PB cup. I am the type who takes off the chocoalte on the edge of the Reeces and throws it away, I like a lot of PB and little choc. So this is just like that!! Anyways I am hoping that 1/2 a bar 1-2 times a week and maybe 2 egg whites to add protein with no fat/sugar/carbs will work for me. That would actually give me better nutrition stats than just the IP bar alone. I have done so well, but I would like to supplemant a tad because the RTD drinks are more spendy. I plan on doing it on my own when I feel like I have found a good alt plan of action. I have heard that New Lifestyles RTD shakes are exactly the same product as the IP ones just in a different package??? Anyone know for sure?? Thanks!!

I really like the lure protien bars I've tried. I bought them at Walmart. The numbers looked good and they were about a dollar each.

SewingMomma
05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Here's what I've collected for rhubarb recipes. This should help you with your search.
Molly

Rhubarb Jello
• 1/2 c. stevia
• 1 c. water
• A few drops red food coloring
• 4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
• 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello

Ingredients description
100 ml of water

500 ml of rhubarb

3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)

1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello

Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

You have the best recipes!!!! Thanks for posting them.

Cadu
05-10-2012, 05:31 PM
WI # 5 last night. Down 3.4#, for a total of 19 pounds!

yaaaay :carrot:

Down another 2 lbs for the week.

Congrats on the WI, you can make that goal.

So last night I got my hair done as a treat for making my goal weight.

Cassi you are beautiful.. and your hair looks great.

Thats what it is all about.. being healthy on the inside.. good for you.

Morning all.
I'm still really struggling... so much so that I didn't even post yesterday, but lurked all day. I read every maintainers thread available to see whether or not to move on to p2 - p3, stay on p1, or just give up.

Dakin I would really hate to see you give up. You are so close to goal. Hang in there, like you said one day at a time, you should be able to start phasing off pretty soon.

3rd WI last night bye bye 3.5 more lbs, for a total of 17.5 lbs.

Way to go.. you are kicking it

Whoo hoooooo

I'm down 8 lbs. and 8 inches!!

Awesome Job

Good day to everyone.

Today's confession time for me.

But - today's another day. I've had an OP breakfast, lots of water, sipping black decaf coffee, and I had a good sleep and feel much better in general this morning. So 'onwards and upwards'. .

Awww Eve Dont beat yourself up over the slip. It was just that... a slip. You have one of the best attitudes I have seen on here. Just get back on and get this done!! I am glad to see that you did not wait to get back on program. Good luck and good vibes being sent your way :hug:

WI this morning and was elated to have a 2.4 lb loss! Grand total of 59 lbs down - whoo-hoo. I have been asked to speak at the next IP open house.

Congrats on the loss and on the invite to speak at Open House. That is a huge compliment to you. way to go.

Good luck Haddy

Woo hoo! Down another 3#. Total of 25.5 lost in 4 weeks

Congrats!!!!!!!!

AND.... Thank you- Carolirish, Darralyn, CassiR, KitKat, Chloe, Dana, Molly, Evepet, USMCVET, Beckyjo, lisabk, Aud, UpNorthGirl, DianaB for the nice comments about my pics. The first time uploading was a little hard (embarassing) but it helps me to see the difference since I cant really see it looking in the mirror. I suggest all new people take monthly pics, it helps with the mental image. Thanks to Wuv for telling me to do it when I started.

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 05:38 PM
This one is my favorite

http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/products.aspx?sku=013801

reneepw
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
For lunch today I decided to try the chocolate pancake as a muffin and for fun i used this little mickey mouse muffin pan. Silly but it made me smile during lunch..sometimes its the little things. And I tried spinach 'chips' - rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled salt and garlic powder. they were delish but I have a question - does anyone know if baking them like that removes the nutrients? Did i just negate my 2 cups by doing that? I hope the answer is no cause they were really tasty!

LizRR
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Howdy folks! I took the day off to spend with my dad before his flight and now the baby is napping after we took an early walk to the park and I have some time to catch up! WI #10 tomorrow, feeling a bit bloated (impending tom) but that's the way it goes. I restarted my bodypump class (after an allergy induced break last week) and I am still sore from Tue class! It was nice having 'The Manny' here and got a lot done!

So many great updates, y'all stay OP and enjoy the rest of the day...tomorrow is Friday folks! Working for the weekend!

I had a similar confession last week, but I guess I was 'lucky' that I was able to hold out the binge until I only had 2 soy puffs left (which I promptly scarfed down). I just can't have them in the house, which I am fine with - I really do enjoy the unrestricteds and the packet hacks. I had a lousy allergy, sick & tired feeling fueling me on. I guess just recognizing our triggers and removing temptation...and Jumping right back on the IP horse!

You have the best recipes!!!! Thanks for posting them.

I agree, wingnut has a treasure trove of delicious!

usmcvet
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
yaaaay :carrot:

Congrats on the WI, you can make that goal.

Cassi you are beautiful.. and your hair looks great.

Thats what it is all about.. being healthy on the inside.. good for you.

Dakin I would really hate to see you give up. You are so close to goal. Hang in there, like you said one day at a time, you should be able to start phasing off pretty soon.

Way to go.. you are kicking it

Whoo hoooooo

Awesome Job

Awww Eve Dont beat yourself up over the slip. It was just that... a slip. You have one of the best attitudes I have seen on here. Just get back on and get this done!! I am glad to see that you did not wait to get back on program. Good luck and good vibes being sent your way :hug:

Congrats on the loss and on the invite to speak at Open House. That is a huge compliment to you. way to go.

Good luck Haddy

Congrats!!!!!!!!

AND.... Thank you- Carolirish, Darralyn, CassiR, KitKat, Chloe, Dana, Molly, Evepet, USMCVET, Beckyjo, lisabk, Aud, UpNorthGirl, DianaB for the nice comments about my pics. The first time uploading was a little hard (embarassing) but it helps me to see the difference since I cant really see it looking in the mirror. I suggest all new people take monthly pics, it helps with the mental image. Thanks to Wuv for telling me to do it when I started.

Dankin,
Keep fighting for it. You are worth it.:hug:

Cadu,

Wish I took photos, we did one at the clinic a few weeks ago.

takers
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm happy to say I've been OP today but it's been a little hard. Got home late from a MOPS meeting and rushed through lunch with my daughter so I could get her down for a nap. It's only been 2 hours since I ate but I'm still feeling hungry, and I need to go grocery shopping before dinner! I plan to have a shake as a snack and hope that keeps the munchies away so I can make good purchasing decisions. It's amazing the things I come home with when I go shopping while hungry. :dizzy:

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 06:35 PM
I agree, wingnut has a treasure trove of delicious!

Thanks for the compliment. When I first started on the program, I had to have variety and I like to cook, so I spent one whole weekend going through all of this forum's recipe threads to include Finn's. I spent the time to copy and paste everything remotely interesting into a Word document. I've deleted some that just didn't suit my taste buds. Then after I was into the program about a month, I repeated the process after reading and experiencing the fact your tastes change over time on IP and picked up some new ones. Now that I'm reading the forum daily, I pick out things people post sporadically. Hopefully, this is the only habit from my foodaholic days.

Having these recipes to vary my routine makes it seem like a lifestyle. I am afraid if I did the same thing daily, it would seem like just something to get by until goal and then I might go back to my old bad eating habits. Now I have things I can live with. I have a challenge with meals as my DH has never had to deal with weight gain. In fact, now that I'm cooking healthy (and he doesn't always eat with me), he's lost 10 pounds. Not good as he is 5'9, now 135# and 17% body fat. Guess, life if full of challenges.

Thanks to all on this forum for the support you provide each other in all different ways. This is a zillion times better than all support that WW meetings are supposed to provide. Plus seems like some's always here 24/7 for someone's needs.

Love you all :hug::hug:
Molly

HarlowAk
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I am not sure if I am posting this correctly but hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

I started IP 3 weeks ago to loose 15 lbs. I am 5'11 and started the plan weighing 155.5. Week 1 lost 6.2 lbs/149.3 Week 2 lost 5.5 lbs/ 143.8 Week 3 NADA!!!! the scale actually said 144.

It is not my TOM I have been strictly working IP with no restricted items. My coach told me to start phase 2 because I was close to my goal. My day looks like this:

Breakfast - IP mango peach or pina colada drink
Lunch - first two weeks IP soup (broccoli or mushroom) w/ broccoli or cauliflower and salad week 3 chicken on salad with 2cups cucumber and mushrooms
Snack - IP drink mango peach/ banana pineapple / pina colada had a total of 4/5 bars in first 2 weeks 3rd week no bars (raspberry chocolate caramel/peanut/ chocolate
Dinner - 8 oz meat 2 cups veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus)
salad (sometime with WF dressing other times with olive oil) 3rd week most meat was grilled instead of cooked in pan with veggies.

Drink 64 oz of h2O most days.

My coaches don't help much they don't even measure just take my weight and blood pressure.

I AM NOT a dieter and am just trying to loose the bulk around my belly, waist and inner thighs quickly as I do not have the patients for a long term program. I was so proud of how things were going and could totally see a change in my body and how I felt along with the recognition of how I thought I ate pretty well previously to a reality check of how I need to eat in the future. I am wondering if I should go back to phase 1 until i reach my goal then phase off being I do not have much to loose.

If anyone has any comments that would be great!

Thanks!

PhatCowgirl
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
HI! this is my first post (yea meeee!!) I just started my Ideal Protein Diet, had my first session yesterday.. So my question, I just got the sample pack that has a little bit of everything for my first week.. after that she explained to me that I will be getting 3 Boxes of IP a week.. which means in some order or another for that entire week i will be eating the same 3 things.. not fun! My friend is on it in another state and she gets to mix up her weekly order.. I would like to know if this is common enough for me to request to my mentors.. or is the way they are doing it is more the norm?? Also, WF.. can i use any of their products? or just the dressings?

Gracias fellow IP dieters!! yea us!:hug::hug:

Cadu
05-10-2012, 06:54 PM
HI! this is my first post (yea meeee!!) I just started my Ideal Protein Diet, had my first session yesterday.. So my question, I just got the sample pack that has a little bit of everything for my first week.. after that she explained to me that I will be getting 3 Boxes of IP a week.. which means in some order or another for that entire week i will be eating the same 3 things.. not fun! My friend is on it in another state and she gets to mix up her weekly order.. I would like to know if this is common enough for me to request to my mentors.. or is the way they are doing it is more the norm?? Also, WF.. can i use any of their products? or just the dressings?

Hi and welcome.
My coach lets me buy by the packet not the box. but some coaches make their clients buy by the box, I think it is up to the clinic. You can have any and all WF stuff as long as it has 0 cal, 0 fat & 0 sugar. good luck to you.

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM

:welcome:
Glad to have you join us.

When I started, my clinic would only sell by the box. They did not have the inventory to be able to sell by the packet. I went and bought additional boxes to have more than the same three things all week. It takes some extra money right then, but you'll spend it eventually. My coach kept up with how much I was buying since you had to have bought an average of three boxes a week. So, if I bought 6 boxes one week, I did not have to buy any boxes the next week if I wanted not to, only average the three a week. Just my suggestion so you don't burn yourself out on the same three things all week.
Molly

cupcakecathy
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Today was day one and I tried the Herb Omlette and hated it and did not eat it but tossed in the trash. Any help it doctoring it up a bit. No veggies at breakfast. BTW I am not an egg eater so maybe I should just pass on the omlette and try something different.

healthmatters
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Is there anyone in Canada who has their IP service through a medical
doctor's office? Could a dentist's office qualify to distribute and coach Ideal
Protein? .. just wondering. I went to a tanning salon.

WingnutandMe
05-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Today was day one and I tried the Herb Omlette and hated it and did not eat it but tossed in the trash. Any help it doctoring it up a bit. No veggies at breakfast. BTW I am not an egg eater so maybe I should just pass on the omlette and try something different.

:bravo: for starting to take control of your life.

The foods are different than what you're used to when starting. If you are not an egg person, I don't know if there is a lot to make it something that will be tasty enough. As you read through here, you'll find a lot of people have shakes or RTD for breakfast. There are others who have their restricted bar or the oatmeal, also restricted. There are really no limitations to say one packet is only breakfast and one is only for lunch or snack. Be creative. They are to sustain the protein in your body.

Stick with reading this forum everyday and you'll get all kinds of ideas and help. Do ask questions as you've just done. We're all here to help you through this journey.

Congratualtions on starting
Molly

Cadu
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I had a similar confession last week, but I guess I was 'lucky' that I was able to hold out the binge until I only had 2 soy puffs left (which I promptly scarfed down). I just can't have them in the house, which I am fine with - I really do enjoy the unrestricteds and the packet hacks. I had a lousy allergy, sick & tired feeling fueling me on. I guess just recognizing our triggers and removing temptation...and Jumping right back on the IP horse!

Lizz what other restricteds did you try? Have you tried the southwest cheesle curls.. yummmmm, they are salty & peppery, they have a little zing and crunch and there are allot of them so they last a long time. :D

vgalanter
05-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I am a newbie, just started this week.
What kind of lettuce is free?
Some say Romane, some say Napa only..
does anyone have a list of "unlimited" lettuces.

CassiR
05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
NSV.. didn't have my bar tonight. I had a non-restricted RTD after working out and expected to want a bar tonight. I WANT it but I do not NEED it. I already had my snack for the day earlier and need to stick to that. The bar makes me crave more anyways. I can do this!

wuv2bloved
05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
WOW lots of new faces around here......while I was reading through the threads over the lst few days i only see a few faces and ive only been gone a few days! Congrats on all f the losses this week.

I didnt lose anything this week but did lose 2.5inches so i will take it. I did post a new video for week 53 on youtube......just do a search for wuv2bloved and they will all pop up.

Ill post more later, i am on my phone now

Chloe222
05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Good day to everyone.

Around 4pm yesterday I had my afternoon bar snack - a new one that is only 35gms and I thought might work as a 'smaller 4th packet' if I continue with my current 4 packets/day meal plan...well, my idea didn't work very well yesterday, as it was definitely a case of 'wanting more' and I caved and then between then and 10pm I ate 8 of them!!!
Don't kick yourself, we're all human and have moments we wish we didn't have. If it makes you feel any better, I had 2 weeks where I gained 2 pounds each time. Just hang in there!

Sorry about messing up the day of the week sleep deprivation and the whoosh fairy! Just had WI 6 I am down 8 pounds this week for a total of 65#s!

I changed the header but it will not change it on the main page. I sent a request to the moderators for help.

Have a great day.
No sweat re the title. We can all figure it out. Congrats on the weight loss!

I am a newbie, just started this week.
What kind of lettuce is free?
Some say Romane, some say Napa only..
does anyone have a list of "unlimited" lettuces.
I thought all lettuce was free. It appears in the past 2 weeks, there has been another change and cukes and celery are also free. But I don't have a coach so be sure to check with yours.

naysha6
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey guys,
Since we are into confessions today, I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs. My coach asked me what I did differently and as I reflect on those words I was PMSing big time last week so twice I had 2 nonrestricted, SF/FF jello every night, ate the skin off of a rotiessirie(sp) several nights, drank 64oz of water with 4 crystal light drink mixes everyday, had a greek salad no feta one of those nights, bought some ATKINS indulge brownie bars(indulged too much). So all in all we need to be careful with thinking we have it in the bag and start sabatoging our progress. Not that I intended on cheating cause I was hoping it wasn't an out right candy bar cheat. So I know previous posters (evepet) mentioned how we have to be careful in thinking we have it in the bag. I am trying to remember USMVet's post about Slow & Smooth so I can save it in my siggy without searching for it.

Next week is a hectic week for me because my son graduates from HS, family coming into town, chauffering family back & forth to the airport, and 2 parties planned for him. I have been stressing out trying to get everything organized: house, invitations, food menu, etc. Tripmamma I know what you mean. So I am trying to stay focused cause I so wanted to be down 20lbs by then. Plus my sissy is coming in town and we usually tour restaurants and have one big pig fest. Oh I forgot to mention that TOM is next week!

Good luck everyone!

Tammywhiz
05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
WOW lots of new faces around here......while I was reading through the threads over the lst few days i only see a few faces and ive only been gone a few days! Congrats on all f the losses this week.

Hey Wuv, I was wondering what happened to you.

Official W/I night for me. Down 2,7 lbs yay me !!!:carrot: I am having a hard time to get back into my walking routine since my business trip last week. My goal for next week is to get my sneakers on and walk off the next 10 lbs to onederland !!!

Wishing more successful W/I's to everyone !

Tammywhiz
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey - I am excited, I just looked at my ticker and realized that I am halfway to goal !!!! yippppeeeee :)

ChaloJ
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi all!

I'm coming out of lurkdom since I'm actually sitting on the computer instead of lurking on my phone. I *hate* typing on my phone!

I had my WI today...down 6 more pounds! I was astonished! That makes a total of 41.6 pounds in 2 months. I am so.so.so. thankful.

I still don't have people rushing up to me, exclaiming over the transformation. I was whining about this to my husband (I mean, doens't the world want to sit up and take notice or anything????;)) and he said, "You basically have to lose half a person before anyone notices." Okaaaaaay. I know all the affirmation I truly need is how good I feel and how much easier it is to move around and do what I want to do, but darn it, a few compliments here and there do seem to provide some motivation!

MaggieD
05-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Molly

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these, Wingnut. I'm going to try the Rhubarb Jello first since jello is easy for me to handle with these new braces. I can't wait to get my first taste of rhubarb!

healthmatters
05-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Has anyone seen these Lure Bars for sale in Canada? if so, where?
Thanks for sharing. I really like Simply Bars.. we can get them here
in Canada, lso sold on well.ca

shiipa
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
As I suspected, my trip to Space Camp, last weekend completely threw me off my diet. I went prepared, brought my little cooler with my shakes and healthy food items. However, from the time we got off the bus until three days later, I was running. No time to drink, barely enough time to go to the bathroom and eating cafeteria food because my cooler disappeared in the principals van.
Needless to say, no loss for me this week. I just consider it a delay to my goal weight and keep on going :carrot:

Skinnyminny26
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Ugh....I don't know what is wrong with me this week...my head is out of the game! Not that I've cheated orcanything but I just want to eat "normal" again. Just like everyone around me I don't want to have to think about what I put in my mouth, I just want to be able to grab whatever is there and convenient hopefully this is just a "phase" lol and next week or even tomorrow I will feel better and get back in there!! At least I hope :(

healthmatters
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi all!

I'm coming out of lurkdom since I'm actually sitting on the computer instead of lurking on my phone. I *hate* typing on my phone!

I had my WI today...down 6 more pounds! I was astonished! That makes a total of 41.6 pounds in 2 months. I am so.so.so. thankful.

I still don't have people rushing up to me, exclaiming over the transformation. I was whining about this to my husband (I mean, doens't the world want to sit up and take notice or anything????;)) and he said, "You basically have to lose half a person before anyone notices." Okaaaaaay. I know all the affirmation I truly need is how good I feel and how much easier it is to move around and do what I want to do, but darn it, a few compliments here and there do seem to provide some motivation!

I found that I had to "learn" how to receive the new attention and compliments. I was not use to anyone looking at me in a positive way. I also found that some people were thinking that I was "sick" and that my
weight-loss was not intentional and they didn't want to hurt me. But, I began to love myself so much, and my self-talk became so positive that until
others began to say something, it was enough to hear my own new voice. Hope this helps a little. I have lost 115 pounds and it's almost of a year of keeping it off. You can do this!!! Talk to yourself well!!

naysha6
05-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi all!

I don't worry about others noticing anymore as long as you have noticed it through your clothes. People are so finicky & some haters. As long as u can tell eventually the comments will come. Most at my job try to keep up with how much I lost but never mention my looks. Don't even worry about it.

Kat2500
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Tomorrow is my 6th WI, not sure I will even be awake for it.

Good luck with the WI. I hope that you were able to get some sleep.

doublebaby
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Boy, I'm loving all the positive WIs today! iP really is a fantastic program.

My new braces aren't hurting me near as much today. I was actually able to eat non-IP protein last night (shredded chicken) so my coach may soon let me advance to Phase 2 finally. :carrot: I found fresh rhubarb at my local grocery this morning. I've never cooked it before, so I'm off now to search the forum for rhubarb recipes and how-tos!

Here's wishing an OP day to all.

Maggie,
My daughter was over last night and wanted to go out beyond our fence to see if I had any rhubarb ready. I said it probably wasn't but go check. To my surprise she brought back a huge armful of it to take home with her. She said there was more back there that was ready so I need to make a trip myself. Never thought it would be ready here in Minnesota just yet I guess. Have fun with the recipes.

paulimapi
05-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I've had sooo much cravings today. I want to eat every carb in the world :(
I hope they go away soon, they're extremely annoying.

NO CARBS FOR YOU, BODY, SORRY!! Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter.

LizRR
05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Lizz what other restricteds did you try? Have you tried the southwest cheesle curls.. yummmmm, they are salty & peppery, they have a little zing and crunch and there are allot of them so they last a long time. :D

That was the only restricted I had tried, and I am a chocoholic, so no surprise I had to fight so hard not to inhale the box! I had thought about trying the SW cheese curls, my coach loves them too and I am not really 'triggered' by savory foods and was actually thinking of getting those tomorrow. You read my mind!

I didnt lose anything this week but did lose 2.5inches so i will take it. I did post a new video for week 53 on youtube......just do a search for wuv2bloved and they will all pop up.

Ill post more later, i am on my phone now

Missed you Wuv!

Hey guys,
Since we are into confessions today, I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs. My coach asked me what I did differently and as I reflect on those words I was PMSing big time last week so twice I had 2 nonrestricted, SF/FF jello every night, ate the skin off of a rotiessirie(sp) several nights, drank 64oz of water with 4 crystal light drink mixes everyday, had a greek salad no feta one of those nights, bought some ATKINS indulge brownie bars(indulged too much). So all in all we need to be careful with thinking we have it in the bag and start sabatoging our progress. Not that I intended on cheating cause I was hoping it wasn't an out right candy bar cheat. So I know previous posters (evepet) mentioned how we have to be careful in thinking we have it in the bag. I am trying to remember USMVet's post about Slow & Smooth so I can save it in my siggy without searching for it.

Next week is a hectic week for me because my son graduates from HS, family coming into town, chauffering family back & forth to the airport, and 2 parties planned for him. I have been stressing out trying to get everything organized: house, invitations, food menu, etc. Tripmamma I know what you mean. So I am trying to stay focused cause I so wanted to be down 20lbs by then. Plus my sissy is coming in town and we usually tour restaurants and have one big pig fest. Oh I forgot to mention that TOM is next week!

Good luck everyone!

Well, it's good you are able to identify your challenges. The food log is so helpful for analyzing those type of obstacles. Enjoy your family time!

Hey Wuv, I was wondering what happened to you.

Official W/I night for me. Down 2,7 lbs yay me !!!:carrot: I am having a hard time to get back into my walking routine since my business trip last week. My goal for next week is to get my sneakers on and walk off the next 10 lbs to onederland !!!

Wishing more successful W/I's to everyone !

Congrats on the WI and get those sneakers dusted off!

NO CARBS FOR YOU, BODY, SORRY!! Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter.

The first two weeks were the hardest for me, the 3rd was easier, the 4th even easier, after that the habits became 'set'. Just power through, it gets easier! Stay strong!

Kat2500
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM

It gets better. Hang in there and keep the goal in sight (drink more water).

I was able to cook beans and rice for my family tonight and not be tempted. A chicken breast and a salad was enough for me. It surprised me.

salmongirl
05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Well another great day in IP land! I know some of you are having a hard time but it will pass and you will be closer to your goal. I have had moments when I just wanted to eat "normal" but I stayed 100% OP because it works. So when you fall of the wagon jump back on quickly!
Cadu, lovely new pic! I decided to finally post one and Tripmama was kind enough to help me! Wuv, please never disappear! We would all miss you so much!

I keep reminding my children that mother's day is sunday, we have a fun tradition of breakfast in bed for me. However, this year as is turns out no one will be in town so I do not have to worry about it! I think Mother's Day could be fun all by myself!
Keep up the good work!

paulimapi
05-10-2012, 11:04 PM
The first two weeks were the hardest for me, the 3rd was easier, the 4th even easier, after that the habits became 'set'. Just power through, it gets easier! Stay strong!

Oh that's awesome, I hope it does get a lot easier! :) I will, thanks!

It gets better. Hang in there and keep the goal in sight (drink more water).

I was able to cook beans and rice for my family tonight and not be tempted. A chicken breast and a salad was enough for me. It surprised me.

Go you :) Thank you, I will drink more water!

hockeymom22
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Great job on the WI everyone, this is my first week back from a 5 month break and down 5 pounds! 100% OP. I have just over 11 pounds to go!

ferrousgal
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm thankfully doing great with my discipline, especially given how completely stressed out I am the last few days. Like for example: I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for a realtor and their client who were supposed to show up (they didn't) and while the cookies looked great (just Pillsbury premade cookie dough), I've been just fine with the girls and DH having them all. There's even two still left on the sheet after only baking eight last night! I look at it and I just tell myself it's soooooo not worth it.

But I am so stressed out (major financial related issues, so not anything that can be solved quickly) and it just kind of is starting to feel blah with my food choices. I cooked my first ever pork loin roast the other night, I've been cooking Indian food, Thai food, Italian food.... And it's good stuff, don't get me wrong, it's just a lot more vegetable cooking and preparation than I'm used to. I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and wanting some more satisfaction. Like how satisfying is Indian food when you don't involve potatoes? How satisfying is Thai food without saffron rice to eat with it? And only having tomatoes twice a week, I broke that commandment last night fixing the Chicken Cacciatore.

I guess I'm just wanting to whine.

Tinawebb
05-10-2012, 11:59 PM

Try the potato purée, it's pretty good

knot2old
05-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Just got home. I hope you all have an awesome day. I will probably sleep through my WI time!

Just weighed in on my scale it read 401/02 so that's a good feeling especially since my legs are swollen. Hope to confirm later.

WOW, I am so very proud of you! I am on day 3 and am OP. Great job, I may need you one day to give me strength!!!:carrot:

knot2old
05-11-2012, 12:21 AM
:hat:Well, I have been really thinking about beverages here on day 3. I was wondering if I could just have the Diet Tonic Water ( no sugar, no fat, no carb's). Got pretty excited that I would not have any trouble not having a cocktail until I really read the small print... Saccharine, so much for that idea. Anyone try it on IP? I do not want to mess up the plan just to have something that seems normal. On a side note, I am really impressed that the little silver packets turn into some really great tasting food.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/191/155/185/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LizRR
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM
:hat:Well, I have been really thinking about beverages here on day 3. I was wondering if I could just have the Diet Tonic Water ( no sugar, no fat, no carb's). Got pretty excited that I would not have any trouble not having a cocktail until I really read the small print... Saccharine, so much for that idea. Anyone try it on IP? I do not want to mess up the plan just to have something that seems normal. On a side note, I am really impressed that the little silver packets turn into some really great tasting food.

Try plain seltzer water flavored with Mio. Technically, some commercial seltzers use phosphoric acid processes to produce the carbonation and are high in acidity and IP is an alkaline diet. It won't affect your WI, and some IPers (me included, I have a homemade seltzer) find it to be a great mocktail.

ETA: link to seltzer thread..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257893-carbonated-water-cheat.html

knot2old
05-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Try plain seltzer water flavored with Mio. Technically, some commercial seltzers use phosphoric acid processes to produce the carbonation and are high in acidity and IP is an alkaline diet. It won't affect your WI, and some IPers (me included, I have a homemade seltzer) find it to be a great mocktail.

ETA: link to seltzer thread..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257893-carbonated-water-cheat.html

Thanks LizRR, can you get Mio in the grocery store, first I have heard of it.

LizRR
05-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks LizRR, can you get Mio in the grocery store, first I have heard of it.

Yes, Mio should be around the crystal light, kool aid aisle. It is flavored with sucralose and a lot of IPers use it for water flavoring. My favorites are orange-tangerine & berry-pomegranate. It's a small bottle you just squirt in to flavor.

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm thankfully doing great with my discipline, especially given how completely stressed out I am the last few days. Like for example: I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for a realtor and their client who were supposed to show up (they didn't) and while the cookies looked great (just Pillsbury premade cookie dough), I've been just fine with the girls and DH having them all. There's even two still left on the sheet after only baking eight last night! I look at it and I just tell myself it's soooooo not worth it.

But I am so stressed out (major financial related issues, so not anything that can be solved quickly) and it just kind of is starting to feel blah with my food choices. I cooked my first ever pork loin roast the other night, I've been cooking Indian food, Thai food, Italian food.... And it's good stuff, don't get me wrong, it's just a lot more vegetable cooking and preparation than I'm used to. I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and wanting some more satisfaction. Like how satisfying is Indian food when you don't involve potatoes? How satisfying is Thai food without saffron rice to eat with it? And only having tomatoes twice a week, I broke that commandment last night fixing the Chicken Cacciatore.

I guess I'm just wanting to whine.

I can really relate to what you are saying! I tried to make faux California rolls tonight... They wer ok. I think it helps with my craving something to try to make it IP friendly.
Great job at winning against the temptation! :hug:

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 01:56 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/191/155/185/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I was really impressed with the flavor of the protien packets too! Which one is your favorite so far?

cupcakecathy
05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
thanks for advise about omlette packages. I am going to try to have them at lunch with lots of veggies and spices,that might help. Well close to day two starting.

ferrousgal
05-11-2012, 03:08 AM
I can really relate to what you are saying! I tried to make faux California rolls tonight... They wer ok. I think it helps with my craving something to try to make it IP friendly.
Great job at winning against the temptation! :hug:

Thanks. I can't even imagine trying to make a california roll. How would that be possible without rice???

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks. I can't even imagine trying to make a california roll. How would that be possible without rice???

You make "rice" with cauliflower. Finely chop the cauliflower (I used my PC chopper). Lay it out on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350f for 5 minutes.

I used my chopper to mince up shrimp as well and mixed it with some WF mayo then smeared it and the rice on. I also used cucumber strips inside.

Cadu
05-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Well another great day in IP land! I know some of you are having a hard time but it will pass and you will be closer to your goal. I have had moments when I just wanted to eat "normal" but I stayed 100% OP because it works. So when you fall of the wagon jump back on quickly!
Cadu, lovely new pic! I decided to finally post one and Tripmama was kind enough to help me! Wuv, please never disappear! We would all miss you so much!

I keep reminding my children that mother's day is sunday, we have a fun tradition of breakfast in bed for me. However, this year as is turns out no one will be in town so I do not have to worry about it! I think Mother's Day could be fun all by myself!
Keep up the good work!

Salmon look how pretty you are!!! I love being able to put a face to the name

lisabk
05-11-2012, 09:56 AM

I couldn't stand the Herb Omelet when I made it. But, I LOVE the Plain Omelet and eat it often...sometimes even for lunch. I'm a very picky eater so the plainer the better with me. Good luck.

lisabk
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi all!

I know what you mean. I've lost almost 60 pounds, and there are only 3 people who know I've been doing the program. I don't want to tell others until they notice I look different and say something. I know I feel better and my clothes fit differently which is great. BUT, I am really looking forward to someone saying "Ohmygod, you look great, have you lost weight?" :)