Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/9/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/9/12

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You __________________

carolirish
05-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Good afternoon everyone. Day 2 of my second time round. I'm surprised that I have no headache and feel fine? Lunch is supplied at work today but I decided to check in here instead. Brought my own lunch of Finn Steven's "french toast" with wf pancake syrup. It's dreary here in Holland today. Where's the sun?

Cadu
05-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Good Morning

Today is WI # 12 I weighed myself this morning and the scale didnt move for me this week. I could tell that I was not feeling any thinner this week. This will be the first week that I dont lose but I know that it happens and I was waiting for it. We will see what the clinic scale says this morning maybe it will surprise me with a little bit. lol.

Have a great day.. I will check back in after WI

usmcvet
05-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning.

So I've heard of estrogen being stored in a women's fat and released with weight loss. Same for testosterone too?

Have a great day. No time for my omelet. Just finished up a nice IP chocolate shake with ice.

sanaroph
05-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning all. Got the first kid out the door and am now starting to herd the second. Looks like another rainy day in NJ. A good day to do inside spring cleaning! Our garden is sprouting lettuce, swiss chard and spinach and I still have veggies that were store bought so we are going to eat veggies a lot here!

Cadu I have had weeks like that and yet I lost lbs probably from some area that is not usually noticeable. Wishing you the same too.

prettyone
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Good morning all. I didnt get to check in ysterday but Im back today. I think Im feeling the calm before storm TOM this week. WI is tomorrow so we shall see.

NSV I went shopping yesterday something I havent done for myself in a VERY long time and was surprised at being able to fit in clothes that didnt start with a 2_. That felt great and a 1x even fit a lil big. Im so happy and Im loving this journey with great rewards. Keep up the good work all and take the ride to success.

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Good morning all. I didnt get to check in ysterday but Im back today. I think Im feeling the calm before storm TOM this week. WI is tomorrow so we shall see.

NSV I went shopping yesterday something I havent done for myself in a VERY long time and was surprised at being able to fit in clothes that didnt start with a 2_. That felt great and a 1x even fit a lil big. Im so happy and Im loving this journey with great rewards. Keep up the good work all and take the ride to success.

Great job! Prettyone, I think you've said you live in St. Mary's? My mom lives there and is interested in starting IP, but I wasn't able to find a clinic near her in an online search. Can you tell me where you go? You can pm me if you would prefer that.

My NSV for the day is that I'm wearing a top that I haven't been able to wear in almost a year! Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Cadu
05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning all. Got the first kid out the door and am now starting to herd the second. Looks like another rainy day in NJ. A good day to do inside spring cleaning! Our garden is sprouting lettuce, swiss chard and spinach and I still have veggies that were store bought so we are going to eat veggies a lot here!

Cadu I have had weeks like that and yet I lost lbs probably from some area that is not usually noticeable. Wishing you the same too.

Thanks Sanaroph.. Where in Jersey are you? I am in Colonia (Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County).

sanaroph
05-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks Sanaroph.. Where in Jersey are you? I am in Colonia (Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County).

I am in Middletown, Monmouth County!

Samba
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Usmcvet-- I have not read anything about testosterone being stored in the body like estrogen can be.

Cadu- I had my share of weeks with little or no loss. Things eventually "gave" and good losses followed. For sure, we often don't see a steady decline in weight loss patterns. Keep up the work and never mind the scale is what I had to think.

Prettyone- you are doing so great on your IP journey. Exciting stuff to see such changes!

KBig
05-09-2012, 08:55 AM
GM IPeeps...
had WI#4 .... 1.2lbs meh. but I did lose decent inches.

any loss is a good thing!

I definitely wasnt surprised.... Ive been running around more this past week than the weeks when I first started IP. So my water intake has been less... been crazy busy here @ work so my drinking water at my desk all day was low. Still havent cheated... been 100% OP.

ramping up my water and Green Tea intake....

I am also changing my WI days. I usually go after work on Tues, by then Ive had a whole day of eating and drinking and I think that impacts my weigh ins too . So Im switching to Sat morns before I teach Zumba...

Im motivated as heck now.. 5 lbs by the 19th my next weigh in!!!

more water pleeez.

have an awesome day

prettyone
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Great job! Prettyone, I think you've said you live in St. Mary's? My mom lives there and is interested in starting IP, but I wasn't able to find a clinic near her in an online search. Can you tell me where you go? You can pm me if you would prefer that.

My NSV for the day is that I'm wearing a top that I haven't been able to wear in almost a year! Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Thanks Oojoy. The one I go to is right at the Branch Aven metro station that was the closest one I could fine. I can give you the information if you would like. They always have start up seminars, let me know.
Usmcvet-- I have not read anything about testosterone being stored in the body like estrogen can be.

Cadu- I had my share of weeks with little or no loss. Things eventually "gave" and good losses followed. For sure, we often don't see a steady decline in weight loss patterns. Keep up the work and never mind the scale is what I had to think.

Prettyone- you are doing so great on your IP journey. Exciting stuff to see such changes!

Thanks Samba. Yes I love the changes. Good luck to you as well.

prettyone
05-09-2012, 09:00 AM
GM IPeeps...
had WI#4 .... 1.2lbs meh. but I did lose decent inches.

any loss is a good thing!

I definitely wasnt surprised.... Ive been running around more this past week than the weeks when I first started IP. So my water intake has been less... been crazy busy here @ work so my drinking water at my desk all day was low. Still havent cheated... been 100% OP.

ramping up my water and Green Tea intake....

I am also changing my WI days. I usually go after work on Tues, by then Ive had a whole day of eating and drinking and I think that impacts my weigh ins too . So Im switching to Sat morns before I teach Zumba...

Im motivated as heck now.. 5 lbs by the 19th my next weigh in!!!

more water pleeez.

have an awesome day

Good luck Kbig.

EmilySebetka
05-09-2012, 09:03 AM
AHH!

Its been, well a long time since I've posted or anything on here. I've been lurking but that's it.

However, I'm confused about the fact that I gained weight for what seems to be no reason this week... I was down to 206 and jumped back up to 208. I'm wondering if its stress from finals, work, and my grad party. I also could be using too many Atkins bars. For some reason, I can't seem to break 205!! ARG, its so frustrating!

Any advice?

shathom
05-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Good morning all, been in class all week, don't feel like myself, we'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow at weigh in. Have a great day all! Stay OP!!!

usmcvet
05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
:o:devil:Well I've been able to confirm weight gain lowers T a d low T increases weight gain. So I assume loosing weight increases T. I'm feeling better and things are working better.

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks Oojoy. The one I go to is right at the Branch Aven metro station that was the closest one I could fine. I can give you the information if you would like. They always have start up seminars, let me know.

That's not too bad. Yeah, give me the info, if you don't mind. Thanks :)

Sewmam
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning everybody! it's a cool, beautiful sunny blue morning here...

I can't believe how quickly an hour passes...I just tried to catch up on some posts from yesterday and I haven't even had breakfast yet! Need to get my butt up and start working...

Have finally planned for my first favorite Mexican restaurant meal on Monday, can't wait. Going to start bringing up stuff for the garage sale today, get more paint, make the signs for the sale, etc. I hope I make some money on this...it'll help pay off the IP bills! ;)

Good luck on all your WI's and hope you have a terrific day! I don't seem to be able to keep up with everybody right now, but you all inspire me so much! The hard work, enthusiasm and support here is contagious!

Lala0620
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Morning All! Starting day 6 today and still feeling great. My hubby is finally home after being gone for 8 days and I can feel the stress leaving me :-) 4 active kids is tough to handle on my own, not sure how all the single parents out there do it! My first WI is Friday afternoon and I can't wait to see my progress! Hubby starts his IP plan then too and it will be great to be doing this together!!!

mtnsun4
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning all! No big challenges today- just the normal stress from work, running around, etc. Hope everyone has a great day!

LOVE the support here! I appreciate all of you!:)

Oh, WI is tomorrow. I am finally hoping for a bigger loss than last week. After my conference a couple of weeks ago, it has taken my body a while to get back into the weight loss mode. I have been persevering and it is finally starting to pay off.

Bye!

jcjnjj
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Checking to see if I have my ticker!!!

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Good Morning

Today is WI # 12 I weighed myself this morning and the scale didnt move for me this week. I could tell that I was not feeling any thinner this week. This will be the first week that I dont lose but I know that it happens and I was waiting for it. We will see what the clinic scale says this morning maybe it will surprise me with a little bit. lol.

:goodluck:

Crustybuns
05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Good Morning

Isn't it funny that we can 'feel' if we are lighter or not. The best thing that has helped me through the last 4 weeks... is NOT having that dreaded scale. It had the ability to make or break my day. Such a powerful little piece of equipment they are. Shake it off.... when we look at the overall picture the odd week of low loses or no lose compared to the great weeks - the scale still tips in our positive direction. Have a great day :)

prettyone
05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
That's not too bad. Yeah, give me the info, if you don't mind. Thanks :)

Singer Chiropractic Center
4701 Old Soper Road
Camp Springs (MD)

Contact info

Sally Nash
301-449-3330

Operating Hours

MONDAY: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
TUESDAY: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
WEDNESDAY: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
THURSDAY: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
FRIDAY: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: Closed
SUNDAY: Closed

sekc14
05-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Good Morning

Today is WI # 12 I weighed myself this morning and the scale didnt move for me this week.

I had that several weeks including one stint for 3 weeks straight!! But, once the weight loss started up again it kept going and going. Hang in there!!

Good morning.
Have a great day. No time for my omelet. Just finished up a nice IP chocolate shake with ice.

I've started adding spinach, WF Choc syrup, and choc stevia flavoring to my IP Chocolate shakes in a blender than chops it so fine I can't tell it's there other than the color. It's almost a complete meal...well, actually on IP it is.

That's awesome prettyone! You're such a great support for others too!! Congrats

AHH!
However, I'm confused about the fact that I gained weight for what seems to be no reason this week... I was down to 206 and jumped back up to 208. I'm wondering if its stress from finals, work, and my grad party. I also could be using too many Atkins bars. For some reason, I can't seem to break 205!! ARG, its so frustrating!

Any advice?

Try to go a few days without the bars and drink lots of water, make IP shakes for meals with veggies in them. Also, go on a 1-2 hour walk. You may be retaining fluid, etc. and these things help to release it.

prettyone
05-09-2012, 10:13 AM
That's awesome prettyone! You're such a great support for others too!! Congrats.

Thanks sekc14, all of my clothes are getting big (no complaints) just needed to do something for me for a change. I always make sure everyone else has and I just settle for that I have but that had to change and I feel great about it.

auroragrl
05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Start of another day - first WI tomorrow - am excited and hope I see results. My goal is to be down 4. Crazy busy at work for the next two weeks with weird hours, so that is going to be a bit of a challenge. I'm going to have to be creative. have a great day everyone!

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning all!! Just reading everyone's posts and support for others; I love this site!!

Just getting up and getting ready for my day and I cannot start any day any more without coming here and reading all your posts! Does this mean I am addicted? lol

Just want to wish everyone well and that you all have great energy and will power to fight the food addiction demons! This is what I wish for myself as well; to stay 100% OP. Which so far I have. I am scared to death to slip or cheat; I really cannot be a failure again. I have struggled with weight my whole life and really cannot afford to do this anymore. It has become a matter of health and longevity and I really want to live fully!
Take care and bless you all!:hug:

Samba
05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
So great to see people checking, posting news, etc. it means we are starting our day conscious of our eating plan and aware of our goals!! I love seeing fellow IPers checking in!

A beautiful day here! I plan to do some spring house cleaning. I am not a good housekeeper so spring cleaning is like a big deal! I also want to do some trimming of bushes and stuff in the yard. The Cardinals scored six runs last night, so we get cheap coffee at the local coffe stop. I got up early for a cup of Joe. Normally, I like regular coffee but got blueberry flavored today. Whaaaa?? I must be missing fruit!

reneepw
05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Good morning from North Wales, PA - rainy and humid today. Which is better than rainy and cold! I had my first weigh in on Monday (it was actually WI#2; I was traveling for WI#1.) I was -8. I've been OP every day. My son's high school graduation is coming and I'm already trying to plan some things in the menu I can eat. I figure I will snack on veggies through the day and slowly get my intake that way.

Have a great day everyone wherever you are!

Cadu
05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Surprise, surprise I lost 2.0 this week.. I guess my scale is a piece of junk lol. better to not even weigh at home.

Thanks for all the well wishes this morning.. it worked!
Good luck on all WI's

LaLibE
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Good Morning, today is day 3 of my re-start - so far so good, I hope ketosis finds me soon!!!!

Sammi67
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Here is to hoping the Whoosh fairy visits everyone this week. It is gloomy here in MD too but I will create my own sunshine inside my office! Have a great week and make some good choices for those of us celebrating Mothers Day this week!

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I had that several weeks including one stint for 3 weeks straight!! But, once the weight loss started up again it kept going and going. Hang in there!!

I've started adding spinach, WF Choc syrup, and choc stevia flavoring to my IP Chocolate shakes in a blender than chops it so fine I can't tell it's there other than the color. It's almost a complete meal...well, actually on IP it is.

Try to go a few days without the bars and drink lots of water, make IP shakes for meals with veggies in them. Also, go on a 1-2 hour walk. You may be retaining fluid, etc. and these things help to release it.

You look great.

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Surprise, surprise I lost 2.0 this week.. I guess my scale is a piece of junk lol. better to not even weigh at home.

Good luck on all WI's

Whoot whoot!:dance::hat::cp::bravo:

Samba
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Good luck on all WI's

Well, dog gone your lying scales! Glad you saw that weight loss! :cheer:

rvingprincess
05-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Start of another day - first WI tomorrow - am excited and hope I see results. My goal is to be down 4. Crazy busy at work for the next two weeks with weird hours, so that is going to be a bit of a challenge. I'm going to have to be creative. have a great day everyone!

Good luck on your first WI, I am guessing it should go well as the first week you usually drop a good number of pounds. Just do what I do one day at a time.

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Good morning all!! Just reading everyone's posts and support for others; I love this site!!

Just getting up and getting ready for my day and I cannot start any day any more without coming here and reading all your posts! Does this mean I am addicted? lol

Just want to wish everyone well and that you all have great energy and will power to fight the food addiction demons! This is what I wish for myself as well; to stay 100% OP. Which so far I have. I am scared to death to slip or cheat; I really cannot be a failure again. I have struggled with weight my whole life and really cannot afford to do this anymore. It has become a matter of health and longevity and I really want to live fully!
Take care and bless you all!:hug:

It is a good, no, great addiction! No need to be scared, you are in control of everything that goes into your mouth. Stop the struggle here and now. Get thin and stay strong. We will all do it together.

Have a great day everyone. I am going to watch my triplets present their senior projects.:carrot::carrot::carrot: Then it is the down hill slide to graduation.:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
BTW just putting this out there in the universe...I am hoping for a five pound loss this week...WI is Friday. Wish me luck...please.

BeansMama3
05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I can't help but weigh myself every day. I think it keeps me on track for the day better, but anyone else weigh at home every day? Thoughts?

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I can't help but weigh myself every day. I think it keeps me on track for the day better, but anyone else weigh at home every day? Thoughts?

I'm the same way. I like seeing that number go down every day. But when my weight loss slows down, I may have to hide the scale.

Cole3
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM

I was weighing myself everyday until it was suggested on here that I not do that. I do still break out the scale and weigh myself occasionally but I am going to try to stop that as well. I weighed myself yesterday and today and the scale said I went up .5 pound ... now I know I was 100% OP yesterday and I know that weight fluctuations are normal ... But honestly I have been SO cranky ever since seeing that. So for me the scale is going back away. It is a tough thing to do ... I know that my reasoning for checking at home is that Because I WI in the afternoon ... and because I am dressed and haven't been great about paying attention to what I wear on WI days the clothes are accounting for some of the loss (whether creating a larger loss or vice versa) and I want to eliminate that by weighing myself at home where that isn't a factor. BUT after the crankyness of today over what I KNOW is a minimal change I think it needs to end. For me anyway.

BeansMama3
05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I was weighing myself everyday until it was suggested on here that I not do that. I do still break out the scale and weigh myself occasionally but I am going to try to stop that as well. I weighed myself yesterday and today and the scale said I went up .5 pound ... now I know I was 100% OP yesterday and I know that weight fluctuations are normal ... But honestly I have been SO cranky ever since seeing that. So for me the scale is going back away. It is a tough thing to do ... I know that my reasoning for checking at home is that Because I WI in the afternoon ... and because I am dressed and haven't been great about paying attention to what I wear on WI days the clothes are accounting for some of the loss (whether creating a larger loss or vice versa) and I want to eliminate that by weighing myself at home where that isn't a factor. BUT after the crankyness of today over what I KNOW is a minimal change I think it needs to end. For me anyway.

It's like breaking an addiction! I will give it a go. Maybe decrease to once in between weigh ins, but you're right, the other day I was up a pound and was totally bummed. Oh the relationship with that darn scale!

murleya1
05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I found myself slipping on the EVOO so for the last couple days I have been making certain I get it by taking a shot of this stuff. All I have to say is BLAHH, it is much better to have it with some veggies and spices. Plain is just nasty and the water chaser is not doing it any favors.

usmcvet
05-09-2012, 11:28 AM

You look beautiful. I like the new dress.

I will have to dig the blender out and try the spinach. I brought my omelet with me to work to cook up for lunch. It is my favorite.

disgal
05-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Morning all!! I don't post that often but when I'm doing IP I am actually reading the boards EVERY DAY!!:dizzy: You are all such a great inspiration and I wish all of you the best!!!:hug:

What a great idea!! Can you expand on that please? Like how much veggies...and what different types you have tried? Thanks sooo much!!!:carrot:

Good luck on all WI's

:carrot:Yay!!:carrot: I LOVE it when that happens!!

BTW just putting this out there in the universe...I am hoping for a five pound loss this week...WI is Friday. Wish me luck...please.

:wizard::genie: There you go!!:hug:

I also weigh myself everyday. Altho I am back on IP (trying to lose a pesky 10 or 15 lbs:devil:...I don't want to even SEE the 170's on a bad day anymore...LOL)! Even in maintenance I found that weighing myself daily kept me in check....so I guess it's just what works best for you!!:smug:

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Good luck on that 5 lbs. I am sending that energy your way!
Have fun with all graduation activities and way to go, raising 3 at a time! happ Mother's day to you!:hug:

mooselover
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Good Morning

Your weight loss has been awsome so far. Your body just needs to adjust to what you have lost so far :)

evepet
05-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm heading into Week 7.... according to some posts I read recently, I feel like I'm heading into dangerous territory. Something about a Wk 7 'angst'. So I'm paying close attention to my attitude and moods.

Today was WI #6. It's another 'just -1 pound week'... but I'll take it! Like in past weeks with lower losses, I remind myself that the volume of 1 lb fat occupies about the same space as a coffee mug - and I've rid myself of that much more fat during the past 7 days. And I'm happy to say I've now lost 15 lbs... so I've put my 3 'applause fans' below to show my feeling of encouragement at having reached 15 lbs lost. :D Looking forward to the next 15... then the next... then the next... and then - Wow - at that point I'll be at my goal. (Breaking it up that way into a series of 15-lb losses somehow makes it seem easier).

Yesterday was such a hectic travel and work day that it left me feeling quite drained. I'm still feeling a bit under par energy-wise today and I'm going to take it fairly easy. I know when I'm tired I'm more easily tempted - so I'll be watching for that.

Sending best thoughts and supportive energy to everyone of you for a healthy and happy OP IP Day. :)

Cadu
05-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Whoot whoot!:dance::hat::cp::bravo:

Well, dog gone your lying scales! Glad you saw that weight loss! :cheer:

I LOVE it when that happens!!

Your weight loss has been awsome so far. Your body just needs to adjust to what you have lost so far :)

Thanks you guys

Seks.. you look fantastic.
Tripmama.. I hope you get that 5!!

Since I felt so good after WI I posted some progress pics on my profile. I just wish I put on some makeup :o

Cadu
05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm heading into Week 7.... according to some posts I read recently, I feel like I'm heading into dangerous territory. Something about a Wk 7 'angst'. So I'm paying close attention to my attitude and moods.

Today was WI #6. It's another 'just -1 pound week'... but I'll take it! Like in past weeks with lower losses, I remind myself that the volume of 1 lb fat occupies about the same space as a coffee mug - and I've rid myself of that much more fat during the past 7 days. And I'm happy to say I've now lost 15 lbs... so I've put my 3 'applause fans' below to show my feeling of encouragement at having reached 15 lbs lost. :D Looking forward to the next 15... then the next... then the next... and then - Wow - at that point I'll be at my goal. (Breaking it up that way into a series of 15-lb losses somehow makes it seem easier).

Yesterday was such a hectic travel and work day that it left me feeling quite drained. I'm still feeling a bit under par energy-wise today and I'm going to take it fairly easy. I know when I'm tired I'm more easily tempted - so I'll be watching for that.

Sending best thoughts and supportive energy to everyone of you for a healthy and happy OP IP Day. :)

Congrats on the 1 pound loss. you have a great attitude, the time flies and before you know it you will have hit your goals. :carrot:

Andie0606
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM

I weigh every morning at home, too. (Never admitted that here before.) I'm like you; it helps me to stay on track. Right now I'm struggling with a bit of a gain. Rather than discouraging me (although I'm not happy about it!), it makes me focus on ensuring that I get in the correct amount of water, and I'm measuring my veggies again (I usually just eyeball them). I think it's fine to weigh daily as long as one doesn't use it as a reason to go off program. My 2 cents.

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks you guys

Since I felt so good after WI I posted some progress pics on my profile. I just wish I put on some makeup :o

You look amazing! And in just a couple of months. Good job!!

Lynnie63
05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I am so hungry today, I woke up hungry, had breakfast at 7:15 vs. 8 and had to have some egg whites at 10:30 becuse I'm so hungry. I'll have my soup and lettuce earlier then normal. I usually eat my 2 cups of veggies mid-afternoon as a snack.

WI tonight!

sekc14
05-09-2012, 12:15 PM
You look beautiful. I like the new dress.
I will have to dig the blender out and try the spinach. I brought my omelet with me to work to cook up for lunch. It is my favorite.

Thanks usmcvet! I bought a pricey but incredible Blendtec blender at Costco a few years ago. I've used it and gotten my monies' worth out of it. I don't know whether a mere mortal blender will do the job ;-)

You look great.

Thanks Tripmama!! You look great too!! The change in you is amazing. Good deal on the weight loss this morning when you thought there'd be none. Gotta love it!!!

[QUOTE=disgal;4326933]What a great idea!! Can you expand on that please? Like how much veggies...and what different types you have tried? Thanks sooo much!!!:carrot:

I've tried frozen cauliflower and broccoli instead of ice but, lately I just add fresh baby spinach from Costco stuffed into the blender until I get 2 cups. I wouldn't use the real stemmy kind of spinach but it might work too.

mooselover
05-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Good morning everyone!!! I love reading all the inspiring posts each morning and evening :)

I have a question for all of you. I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday. It is not my salt intake!!! I take more than required. I know I have some medical stuff going on with me right now, but I am thinking that IP might not be agreeing with me or something. I look forward to going to bed every night just to get the awful feeling day over with!!! Hopefully I will know more from my medical test results by the end of the week.

Manda Marie
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm at - 18 pounds at 5 weeks.
This is my 6th week and WOW do I want to hit that -20 mark!!!!

Good luck everyone.

I had a week losing "only" 2 pounds. Need to change my mentality..."only" does not exist!!! Heck, if you "only" lose 2 lbs a week, that's 8 pounds a month! I want it to go faster of course, but I feel like it will be more sustainable if it's a little slower...
Overall my average is 3.5 a week. Hoping to keep that up. :)

Shepard N7
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I weigh every morning at home, too. (Never admitted that here before.) I'm like you; it helps me to stay on track. Right now I'm struggling with a bit of a gain. Rather than discouraging me (although I'm not happy about it!), it makes me focus on ensuring that I get in the correct amount of water, and I'm measuring my veggies again (I usually just eyeball them). I think it's fine to weigh daily as long as one doesn't use it as a reason to go off program. My 2 cents.

I also weigh myself every morning. Since I'm still retaining water, I'm up 2 pounds (net loss of zero for over a week and a half), but it's not discouraging me. These things happen and I've been 100% OP since day 1, so I know the losses will be back.

Had a bit of an adventure yesterday. My bus blew a tire on the freeway on the way home from work. Thankfully, there was a freeway station not too far from where we were. After waiting for another bus for about 15-20 minutes, and realizing it'd be more than full when it finally arrived, I decided to start walking. Got about 3-4 miles (mostly uphill) before I starting bonking out. Luckily, I finally found a bus stop where I could catch a ride the rest of the way and none too soon. I'm a walker, so it was weird for me to lack the energy to make it all the way, but had to remember there's a reason exercise is discouraged on this diet. The upside to this was that I got to treat myself to two vanilla puddings (one before and one after dinner). :D

atho128
05-09-2012, 12:26 PM

I try not to weigh every single day because I don't want to be obsessive haha but I do weigh almost every day. I feel like seeing the number go down even just a little, tiny bit reminds me that what I'm doing is working and that I should keep going and stay 100% OP.

Andie0606
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Good morning everyone!!! I love reading all the inspiring posts each morning and evening :)

I have a question for all of you. I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday. It is not my salt intake!!! I take more than required. I know I have some medical stuff going on with me right now, but I am thinking that IP might not be agreeing with me or something. I look forward to going to bed every night just to get the awful feeling day over with!!! Hopefully I will know more from my medical test results by the end of the week.

I don't feel awful, but I've never had the energy people mention here. I'm very tired all of the time. I do sleep better, but getting up is more of a struggle than it ever has been.

evepet
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks you guys

Just looked at your progress pics - you are looking so good Cadu! WTG! :carrot:

rvingprincess
05-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Yes I weight myself every morning. It makes my day when I have lost, and if I don't lose any or have gained I just say I have a little water weight and it will go down tomorrow, I don't let it get me down. As long as you don't let any weight gains freek you out you will be okay. Good luck.

evepet
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Congrats on the 1 pound loss. you have a great attitude, the time flies and before you know it you will have hit your goals. :carrot:

Thanks Cadu. I'd be ecstatic to see my weight dropping off more quickly, but when I think about this whole situation I'm ok with it. I'm finding it fairly easy to stay with the program at this point, and don't really have any major problems with it anymore. No hunger or cravings. I have alternate food options that pretty much satisfy me, and give me lots of variety. It's just become my standard way of eating - I don't feel particularly like I'm 'dieting' at this point. If it takes me longer to get to goal, then 'so be it'. I know myself well enough to know that if I start obsessing about trying to make things work faster, I'll get myself all stressed and possibly allow that stress and anxiety to completely stall me... or worse still grow frustrated and give up! So I'm keeping my attitude positive about 'slow but sure' weight loss and just keeping on trucking day by day. :)

Shepard N7
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM

I get the odd, short-lived burst of energy now and then, but overall, I've also felt weak and light-headed most of the time. It's been more pronounced lately, as well. My blood work came back on Monday, and everything looks great. I'm thinking it is just the diet not agreeing with me, but it's something I can deal with for another few weeks since I'm phasing off at the end of the month.

sekc14
05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
So I've heard of estrogen being stored in a women's fat and released with weight loss. Same for testosterone too?

Just recalled a Dr. Oz show talking about estrogen stored in fat, it happens for men too. Dr. Oz said that is why some men develop "man boobs" when they're carrying extra weight. As the fat cells shrink in men they also release estrogen which is a good thing. The "man boobs" are not just fat but it actually develops breast tissue in men. Maybe you can google it to find the Dr. Oz show.

I found this link. Maybe disregard the tips that say not to eat protein drinks ;-) http://jasonferruggia.com/how-to-lower-estrogen-levels-in-men/

jenn04
05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
7th week TOM and I am feeling it. No cravings until now well not even cravings i m just HUNGRY!!!!!!

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM

I have very low energy; but I had that when I was packing around 40 more lbs. so I haven't really been that aware until yesterday. I think I am sort f depressed because now without the food to numb me I am thinking and feeling and my feelings are coming to the surface and I don't like them. :?:

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 12:48 PM

I really admire your great attitude!!:broc:

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 12:57 PM

Good luck on all WI's
Happy to hear you had a nice surprise on the scale. :carrot:

I've always weighed everyday. I'm happy of course seeing the scale go down, and fine too when it stays the same or goes up. I never look at my progress day to day, but rather month to month.

Thanks you guys

Lookin good!!!

You shouldn't be feeling that bad. On the other hand you've had TOM for sometime now, and that might be playing into how you're feeling. Hope the test will help you to know what's going on.

Hopeful in Canada
05-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi, Everyone;
Wanted to share my find this week....IP Tisane Tea. I bought it in the clinic that I go to. During this journey, I thought I was doing great with the big C (no issues at all), but now drinking just one cup of the this tea a day for the last 3 days) has made me more regular than I was before IP. Hoping that this will make a difference on the scale this week, Whoo Whoo!!!

Have a great day everyone.

haddy4
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM

I weigh myself every morning..cant help it..i know we will get people saying its a no no ..ha ha but i cant resit...:dizzy:

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Just back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches which now puts me in the 170's :carrot:. It was a hard fought battle this week as my weight loss has really slowed down. It took two days of boot camp to loose those two pounds, but once again the scale hasn't moved since those two days which was last week. I think my body now thinks this is the new norm for me after being on this diet for almost 7 months. It feels like I have to shake things up a bit to wake up the old metabolism.

My mom is coming for a two week stay and more family coming in this weekend for a visit, so time to catch up on things here at home today so I can play with everyone when they come, and not have to think about laundry, etc. Also looking forward to seeing if they notice more of a weight loss since I've lost another 20 pounds since I last saw everyone. Have a great OP day everyone!!

Cadu
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Just back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches which now puts me in the 170's :carrot:. It was a hard fought battle this week as my weight loss has really slowed down. It took two days of boot camp to loose those two pounds, but once again the scale hasn't moved since those two days which was last week. I think my body now thinks this is the new norm for me after being on this diet for almost 7 months. It feels like I have to shake things up a bit to wake up the old metabolism.

My mom is coming for a two week stay and more family coming in this weekend for a visit, so time to catch up on things here at home today so I can play with everyone when they come, and not have to think about laundry, etc. Also looking forward to seeing if they notice more of a weight loss since I've lost another 20 pounds since I last saw everyone. Have a great OP day everyone!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO 170's !!!!!! :cb: :cheer2:

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Congratulations!!:carrot: Great job!!

lowrider04
05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
4.8 in two weeks. I didn't go last week because of my two root canal's

Up North Girl
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I set up multiple goals for myself to keep me motivated. My goals are: 5%, 10%, etc; not overweight category; and weighing less than my husband-- a little embarrassing to admit that one out loud. I wanted to brag about my meeting my first goal-- I reached 5% in just 22 days!!!

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO 170's !!!!!! :cb: :cheer2:

Congratulations!!:carrot: Great job!!

Thank you. :hug: I have to ask, does anyone else notice how difficult it is to break into a new decade? Wondering if it's just me?

Lynnie63
05-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't feel awful, but I've never had the energy people mention here. I'm very tired all of the time. I do sleep better, but getting up is more of a struggle than it ever has been.

For the past week or so, I've been so tired around 7 that I've fallen asleep in the chair while watching TV. I used to do this before, but was making it until bed, until a week ago.

I've also never received the energy boost and am still hungry. I was going to get Ketostix to make sure I'm in ketosis, but keep talking myself out of it.

Andie0606
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi, Everyone;
Wanted to share my find this week....IP Tisane Tea. I bought it in the clinic that I go to. During this journey, I thought I was doing great with the big C (no issues at all), but now drinking just one cup of the this tea a day for the last 3 days) has made me more regular than I was before IP. Hoping that this will make a difference on the scale this week, Whoo Whoo!!!

Have a great day everyone.

I bought this tea because someone posted that it curbed her appetite. It did nothing for mine. I bought it from buyproteinfood.com for $13.50 (20 bags/box), no tax and free shipping. Not only did it not curb my hunger, I didn't think it tasted very good, either. Nor did it do anything for constipation. Celestial Seasons makes Lax a Tea for a few dollars a box that works great for that.

mooselover
05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Question. How can I post a before and during picture to show up by my signature? I can only figure out how to post 1 picture.

mooselover
05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks you guys

How did you get your pictures to show up next to your ticker???

Kaypix
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey guys, I saw a lot of mentions on who weighs daily, and I'll admit, I do...however, I keep a spreadsheet (nerd alert) and just jot down the numbers then forget them on purpose, except for my weekly weigh in, which goes into the sheet and is tracked on a graph (only tracking weekly, not daily on the graph). For those who are bummed about those "only one pound", here's food for thought (yuck!)
http://fitnessachievement.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/1lb_fat.jpg

And finally for me, today work is nuts, I'm getting used to the frantic pace of keeping up with ever changing technology and the different atmosphere pretty well. I've been blogging nightly, so proud of that :) Putting up all the recipes I find on here that I want to try as well as info guides and so forth as I come across them. I want to have a one-stop place for me to be able to check quick and get what I'm looking for.

I was weird this morning, I woke up at 5:30, jumped on the scale and was up .4 lbs, then 'baked cookies' and ended up weighing again when i ACTUALLY woke up at 7, and was up an additional .2 lbs...how weird is that right? Oh well, I know I'm OP and walking every day for 30 minutes, so the numbers will be going the right way by next Monday. I hope to be out of the 180's by the end of the month (185 now). Well, back to work. Have a great day everyone!!!! ~ Kara

Kaypix
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM

I think they post the pics to photobucket etc, then stick them in their "signature" line, but I could be wrong. I do'nt get a signature line for ... 14 days yet (not that I'm counting!)

lindsayk86
Good Morning everyone!

This morning I was only down .8 but that's ok. I had a horrible week long TOM and that will account for the poor weight loss this week. I ended finding a place here that is called sugar free and more and she sells Walden Farms Products and whole bunch of other stuff. It was like being a kid in a candy store. It might be my new favorite place to go. However, she did have two different kinds of Mio then what the Walmart had so I thought I'd get them. Well I didn't realize until later that she sells the Mio for $10.99 a bottle which is outrageous considering it is $3.77 @ Walmart. I feel ripped off but oh well you live and learn lol. I will only buy Mio at walmart from now on.

Have a Great OP Day everyone!

usmcvet
Just recalled a Dr. Oz show talking about estrogen stored in fat, it happens for men too. Dr. Oz said that is why some men develop "man boobs" when they're carrying extra weight. As the fat cells shrink in men they also release estrogen which is a good thing. The "man boobs" are not just fat but it actually develops breast tissue in men. Maybe you can google it to find the Dr. Oz show.

One part that never grew were boobs! Just feeling better and I know my T is part of it. I will check out Dr. Oz.

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
For the past week or so, I've been so tired around 7 that I've fallen asleep in the chair while watching TV. I used to do this before, but was making it until bed, until a week ago.

I've also never received the energy boost and am still hungry. I was going to get Ketostix to make sure I'm in ketosis, but keep talking myself out of it.

I also never got that energy boost. I have noticed that I am sleeping better and waking up easier. Before the diet, I was tired all the time. I even took naps on weekends (itís easy when you donít have kids) so maybe the fact that Iím not quite as tired is my ďenergy boost.Ē

I'm not hungry all the time, because I'm trying to differentiate between being hungry and having an appetite, and I actually donít get hungry oftenÖ but I never get full either, and I miss that feeling, which is when my appetite tries to get me in trouble.

MaggieD
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Big high-fives to Cadu and DanafromAustin on their successful weigh-ins!!!

I just came from WI #9 and it appears the whoosh fairy finally paid me a visit as I am down 3.1 pounds from last week! Of course, I know the fairy was aided by my orthodontist as the new braces and difficulty eating surely had an impact. ;)

Speaking of my aching teeth, I'm slow cooking some chicken breasts right now to try and make shredded chicken for dinner. It will be my first attempt at eating non-IP protein since my braces were installed last week. I really hope I can handle the chicken tonight.

I've told the whoosh fairy to go visit everyone else now on this forum so here's wishing all lots of good WI and NSVs!

Diana B
05-09-2012, 02:07 PM

I was feeling lightheaded myself, then I realized that I needed to check with my Dr. about reducing my blood pressure meds. He cut it in half and no more lightheadedness, I am still tired though lately, mostly at the end of the day. I hope your Dr. can get to the bottom of your issues soon, it could be part of it...but if you take BP meds. it could be time to recheck those. I am pretty sure I will bw getting off of mine completely. Good luck to you!:hug:

fourrunner
05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello!
I'm pretty new, in my 4th week of IP. I've been collecting lots of great recipes from the boards, so I figure itís time to say hello!
My start has been ok, although Iíd love for the weight to be coming off faster (donít we all??). Iím down around 9 pounds across my 3 weigh ins, but I notice the inches more.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on exercise. I used to hit the gym/go for walks 3 times a week or so before IP. I maintained that for the first 3 weeks, but there were a couple of times I thought I was going to pass out Ė I had no energy. I eat my bar before going to the gym, but that didnít seem to make a difference. Iíve generally been tired most of the time as well. Going to bed early, waking up exhausted Ė itís almost like pregnancy exhaustion!
This week, Iím not exercising at all, to see if I feel better over-all. Weíll see.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks! I love all the support you guys give to each other here!!
Good luck everyone!

Cadu
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM

In usercp under edit signature.. all the way on the bottom it says "your current signature picture. upload your pic on the bottom then click "insert signature picture. you can only upload 1 picture so if you wanted to do a before and an after you will have to put the pics together in a pic editor and make it 1 pic and then upload that.

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
:o:devil:Well I've been able to confirm weight gain lowers T a d low T increases weight gain. So I assume loosing weight increases T. I'm feeling better and things are working better. That's great news, have to tell my husband - he's not on IP but eating my IP dinners w/maybe a few carbs (and wine though).

Good luck on all WI's
That's great!! Love every loss!

Samba
05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Hubby and son came home for lunch. So happy to have an all raw food lunch for them. Well, except for a hard-boiled egg the son wanted. I am finding it challenging to get really fresh foods. Oh well, doing sooo much better nutrtionally since IP got all this started.

Our household is gradually changing its approach to food. I threw out a bunch of carb foods today. They are getting out of date. The dogs who are on the thin side got some treats. Of course, I don't think it is a good idea to carb up the pets either but they got a treat of beef boullion garlic pancakes. We will have a full trash bin this week as I am doing the final pantry clear out!! Feels so good!!

So long processed foods! Good bye soda and fast food! Husband skipped work lunch outing cuz it was pizza day and asked me to fix a salad. waahhhooo!

sekc14
05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
One part that never grew were boobs! Just feeling better and I know my T is part of it. I will check out Dr. Oz.

usmcvet, sorry wasn't suggesting you had man boobs! OMG I apologize if it came off that way and can understand clarifying! I posted a link I found on things that affect estrogen levels in men. Also, need to clarify that MOST men are not affected by eating non-organic meat and the whey protein thing also isn't a problem. Our bodies do have the ability to regulate how much stays in our system. Unless it's overtaxed and cannot clear out toxins, etc. the body regulates. Which is why it's important for us to improve body fat percentages, which boosts natural immune system and allows our bodies to self heal without the need for interfering with meds, etc. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Diana B
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi All - I have size 18-20 clothes I am about ready to donate unless someone here would like them, I have some slacks, jeans, and sweaters if anyone is interested.....all I ask is you reimburse me for the shipping. I live in Kent Washington. :) I know there is a place for donations on 3FC, but I think it is so far down that no noe would see it.

Andie0606
05-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I just re-read the information in the stickies about the 4 phases of the IP diet. How currant is this information? Can anyone update it? BTW, a new Phase 1 information sheet should be available at your clinics. It's dated um...Feb. something, 2012...I think. (I'm at work but the sheet is at home.) I only have a zerox copy, and the blue sections are shades of black and grey (very hard to read). My coach said that the info is at the printers being duplicated and should be available soon. The only real change (I think) is that the evening protein is a flat 8 ounces, not 5 to 8 oz. This is why I'm wondering if the information in the stickies is outdated. Thanks!

takers
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm horrible at making sure I get all my water in during the day. Do you find that if you're consistent about drinking your water you tend to lose more weight? Or do you just feel better overall from keeping your system hydrated?

GemIAm
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi All - I have size 18-20 clothes I am about ready to donate unless someone here would like them, I have some slacks, jeans, and sweaters if anyone is interested.....all I ask is you reimburse me for the shipping. I live in Kent Washington. :) I know there is a place for donations on 3FC, but I think it is so far down that no noe would see it.

ME! I would love some 18 jeans/pants! I sent you a private message.

Wishing everyone a great day!

-Amy

GemIAm
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm horrible at making sure I get all my water in during the day. Do you find that if you're consistent about drinking your water you tend to lose more weight? Or do you just feel better overall from keeping your system hydrated?

It helps keep you regular, flushes all the toxins out of your system and often when we feel "hunger" it is actually dehydration that we are misinterpreting.
I keep a huge stainless steel water bottle nest to my keyboard at work, drink TONs of herb tea...and have you tried MIO? It helps!

paulimapi
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Day 3 is here :)
I just want time to go by really fast so I can like the way I look soon.

I've been having some headaches btw, but they're not too bad.

I was really having some carb withdrawals last night. I don't know, I felt like I was about to cry. I feel alright now, though. I really hope this pays off and I lose at least 3 pounds. It's the first week, I don't see why not?

Hope everyone is having a good day and staying OP!

auroragrl
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM

I, too, have low energy, and am feeling overwhelmed. By evening, when I need to get things accomplished at home, I have no zip.

auroragrl
05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I am so hungry today, I woke up hungry, had breakfast at 7:15 vs. 8 and had to have some egg whites at 10:30 becuse I'm so hungry. I'll have my soup and lettuce earlier then normal. I usually eat my 2 cups of veggies mid-afternoon as a snack.

WI tonight!

My day was like that yesterday. By the evening meal, I have to admit I was crabby. I wanted something sweet, and just was hungry. I am trying to drink more water today. I don't know why we may have days where we are more hungry. I tried going on a bicycle ride to distract me - didn't work - finally gave in and went to bed! I hope your WI goes great tonight!!

Hockeymom40
05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I was down 3lbs today. That was a total shock, but I think it was because I finally got TOM after not having it for 2 months. Of course I was 100% but I been every week. There was a new product at the clinic today. Chicken pattie mix. It looks interesting and there is only 330 mg of sodium which is in my range. I may try it next week. I haven't seen anyone mention it but I have missed a couple of daily chat days lately. Let me know if I should get it.

mlucas
05-09-2012, 04:03 PM
2nd week on P2 officially down and just got back from my WI i'm down 4lbs!!! What?! i was shocked lol. Tomorrow i start P3 (so excited to eat fruit lol)

Bad news...kinda, my coach informed me that the clinic will be closing! So next week will be my last meeting there.. but they have made arrangements with the other clinic in town (hope they dont close too!) So when i get back from Vaca i will going to a whole new clinic. Interested on how they are there!

Have a great day everyone!

takers
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
It helps keep you regular, flushes all the toxins out of your system and often when we feel "hunger" it is actually dehydration that we are misinterpreting.
I keep a huge stainless steel water bottle nest to my keyboard at work, drink TONs of herb tea...and have you tried MIO? It helps!

I haven't yet, but will check it out.

I've been having some headaches btw, but they're not too bad.

I was really having some carb withdrawals last night. I don't know, I felt like I was about to cry. I feel alright now, though. I really hope this pays off and I lose at least 3 pounds. It's the first week, I don't see why not?

Hope everyone is having a good day and staying OP!

I completely understand about wanting time to go faster to get to your next weigh-in to see the weight loss!

Try drinking salt water for the headache. It was yucky drinking it but I found my headache would completely disappear in under 10 minutes when I had some.

Daydreamer73
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Good luck on all WI's

SUPER HUGE CONGRATS!!!! Love it when I weigh in less than what I did at home!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Mickeymom
05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone. Sounds like today is a good day for most.
I am doing okay food wise today but had a bad headache and some nausea this morning. I tried the salt trick and feel much better.

Andie0606
05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
She has disappeared again!

atho128
05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
1WI#2 tomorrow! pretty excited cause I have been sneaking little looks at the scale and can't wait to see what the final number is for 2 weeks!! I really hope my weight loss continues to be fast! I know it won't be anything like the first week, but I'm still hoping ;)

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Hubby and son came home for lunch. So happy to have an all raw food lunch for them. Well, except for a hard-boiled egg the son wanted. I am finding it challenging to get really fresh foods. Oh well, doing sooo much better nutrtionally since IP got all this started.

Our household is gradually changing its approach to food. I threw out a bunch of carb foods today. They are getting out of date. The dogs who are on the thin side got some treats. Of course, I don't think it is a good idea to carb up the pets either but they got a treat of beef boullion garlic pancakes. We will have a full trash bin this week as I am doing the final pantry clear out!! Feels so good!!

So long processed foods! Good bye soda and fast food! Husband skipped work lunch outing cuz it was pizza day and asked me to fix a salad. waahhhooo!
Not that I ever bought that much junk food, but our kitchen pantry is pretty darn healthy looking too. I now buy mostly organic, everything from our fruits and veggies to our animal proteins, and very little processed foods. My DH who has always been lean is mostly eating primal/paleo now, my daughter is on IP maintence, and my 14 year old son is constantly complaining that there isn't anything good to eat in the house anymore (aka junk food). ;)

Momto2cs
05-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Hello!
I'm pretty new, in my 4th week of IP. I've been collecting lots of great recipes from the boards, so I figure itís time to say hello!
My start has been ok, although Iíd love for the weight to be coming off faster (donít we all??). Iím down around 9 pounds across my 3 weigh ins, but I notice the inches more.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on exercise. I used to hit the gym/go for walks 3 times a week or so before IP. I maintained that for the first 3 weeks, but there were a couple of times I thought I was going to pass out Ė I had no energy. I eat my bar before going to the gym, but that didnít seem to make a difference. Iíve generally been tired most of the time as well. Going to bed early, waking up exhausted Ė itís almost like pregnancy exhaustion!
This week, Iím not exercising at all, to see if I feel better over-all. Weíll see.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks! I love all the support you guys give to each other here!!
Good luck everyone!

Last year when I was in phase 1 I continued my regulate exercise program of 6-8 hours a week of intense exercise. I never lost any muscle, and I only occasionally had the extra packet.

I restarted phase 1 in jan to lose the 12 pounds I had let creep back over Decembers excess! Although I found I was tired the first week, after that I felt great and see no impact of phase 1 on my workouts.

I am tired at night when it is time for bed, and I sleep well except for the extra peeing.

My coach supports continung to exercise if you always have. Especially once you are used to ketosis and have been in phase 1 for a bit.

She definitely does not insist on it though. The general though is too much exercise can slow down weight loss as hormones other than insulin (cortisol, lepton, etc) come into play.

haddy4
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
so my new trick of adding blended raw spinach is a big hit..i put it in everything..vegie chili..all soups..spaghetti bolognaise...all drinks..all pudding..omelets..seriously people it works..really easy way to get vegies in diet..try it ..:)

Stefany1769
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
GM IPeeps!
It's at least sunny here today with NO wind, finally! Hopefully we will hit summer soon, we have had a really long spring this year.
Had a NSV today when I got dressed for work I realized I needed to notch up my belt again! No more notches left... I guess I will have to go shopping! Darn!
I got my hair cut and styled, and I feel pretty.
I have noticed that I was pretty emotional three days this week, I am hoping for a good WI.
Are there any other IPeeps in my area?
Congrats to all on accomplishments!

cgeorgie30
05-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Today is my first day on ideal protein!!! I am been very excited about starting this diet because people that I know on it have been very successful!!! Today I have been feeling a little hungry and have a bit of a headache, but overall looking forward to the changes my body is going to experience.

ProteinGal
05-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Good Morning everyone!

she did have two different kinds of Mio then what the Walmart had so I thought I'd get them. Well I didn't realize until later that she sells the Mio for $10.99 a bottle which is outrageous considering it is $3.77 @ Walmart. I feel ripped off but oh well you live and learn lol. I will only buy Mio at walmart from now on.

Have a Great OP Day everyone!

Unbelievable, I would take them back and tell her the price at Walmart. That's crazy!

ProteinGal
05-09-2012, 06:27 PM

It will drive you crazy and stress you right out, that's my humble opinion ;)
A couple of weeks ago I got DH to hide the scale and weigh only at my clinic on Mondays from now on. I feel really relaxed now, I wake up and make a cup of coffee and go on with my day. Weighing once a week your in for a big surprise :)

Kaypix
05-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone :) Going to try and make an IP friendly buffalo wing sauce and chicken tonight, here's hopin'! I just need to tweak it a little bit I think to make it as effective as I can, and am only trying it on 4 chicken thighs, so if it's a fail, it's not a big deal, and I'll have an extra packet with veggies if needed *shrug*

So I'm considering riding a bicycle to work (after I build up some endurance), it's about 10 miles each way if I take the bike trail, but I'm hoping it helps tone up my thighs a little bit...any thoughts from the exercise savvy people here? My folks are dropping off my bike this weekend.

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 07:22 PM

:)
Eve,
Congrats on the loss! They are all good! I didn't have the dreaded wk 5-7 or 7-10 lull/frustration period. Some people do but it seems quite a few don't as well.

I would recommend not giving it a second thought but only focus on what's positive and serves you best. I think worrying about possibly feeling down/bad just opens a door for this to happen and that's plain old self defeating - not my style or recommendation for anyone.

Cole3
05-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Well WI didn't go as well as I would have like, only down 2 lbs this week ..BUT I did go under 20 which was my first mini-goal. So I am excited about that :)

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks you guys

Your pics are great - you look quite pretty and definitely getting quite slender!!

I read that if we have medical issues going on including surgery, you might need an extra packet.
Big high-fives to Cadu and DanafromAustin on their successful weigh-ins!!!

I just came from WI #9 and it appears the whoosh fairy finally paid me a visit as I am down 3.1 pounds from last week! Of course, I know the fairy was aided by my orthodontist as the new braces and difficulty eating surely had an impact. ;)

Speaking of my aching teeth, I'm slow cooking some chicken breasts right now to try and make shredded chicken for dinner. It will be my first attempt at eating non-IP protein since my braces were installed last week. I really hope I can handle the chicken tonight.

I've told the whoosh fairy to go visit everyone else now on this forum so here's wishing all lots of good WI and NSVs!

I just learned I may need braces - what kind do you have? Please PM me as this is pretty far off topic. Thank you very much.

Water matters a great deal. I try to drink 1 gallon/day and flavor w/ Mio (found in grocery stores near the Crystal Lt.).

takers
05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Today is my first day on ideal protein!!! I am been very excited about starting this diet because people that I know on it have been very successful!!! Today I have been feeling a little hungry and have a bit of a headache, but overall looking forward to the changes my body is going to experience.

Congrats on taking a step towards weight loss! I took a 6 week break due to illness and out of town travel so I also feel like I'm starting fresh. I keep reminding myself that the first two weeks are the toughest so I just need to power through those and then I should be good to go! Can't wait to hear your weight loss stories!

evepet
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Eve,
Congrats on the loss! They are all good! I didn't have the dreaded wk 5-7 or 7-10 lull/frustration period. Some people do but it seems quite a few don't as well.

I would recommend not giving it a second thought but only focus on what's positive and serves you best. I think worrying about possibly feeling down/bad just opens a door for this to happen and that's plain old self defeating - not my style or recommendation for anyone.

Thanks Chloe. I agree it's certainly best to just concentrate on what's working and positive. I really appreciate your support.

WingnutandMe
05-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi IPeeps,

On the road (2 day trip) home from our Michigan lake cottage. Been reading everyone's posts. Lots of good WIs and great new pics of some of you.

Just wanted to let everyone know, got an email from Walden Farms. The have Chocolate Peanut Spread now. Plus, that's their special until 5/22, a free jar with your order.

This weekend will be my WI since I've been gone, two weeks. Will be interesting to see where it is after that time.

Everyone have a great evening and stay OP.
Molly

smile2laugh
05-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi everybody !
Congratulations to those who had losses - big & small - still worth celebrating!
Ok here's a dumb question - that I don't want to ask my coach (afraid I would sound like a real dumb blonde) it says:
Restricted Foods- ONLY 1 of the following ideal protein foods are permitted per day: all bars,soy puffs,oatmeal,....etc
So are we allowed one bar for breakfast & a soy puff for snack? -- it almost sounds like JUST ONE of any of those. - Have I been cheating for 7weeks?

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi everybody !
Congratulations to those who had losses - big & small - still worth celebrating!
Ok here's a dumb question - that I don't want to ask my coach (afraid I would sound like a real dumb blonde) it says:
Restricted Foods- ONLY 1 of the following ideal protein foods are permitted per day: all bars,soy puffs,oatmeal,....etc
So are we allowed one bar for breakfast & a soy puff for snack? -- it almost sounds like JUST ONE of any of those. - Have I been cheating for 7weeks?

It's my understanding that you can have either or not both. But don't get too down on yourself. You've still done well. Just now that you're aware of the problem, change it. I have to ask though.. has your coach been looking at your journal?

Aud007
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I had a cooking class last night that was offered a long time ago with a Montreal chef...it was really cool and I did good. For sure I wasn't on program but I knew it and feel really good about it. Back 100% this morning to continue this journey. I just started almost 2 weeks ago and I already feel so good, much more energy.

Wow! That is great! Keep up the great work ;-)

Creativity ;-) That's the key! Good luck with you WI

Time's up, it's homework time with the kids ;-) I hope you all have a great day!

smile2laugh
05-09-2012, 08:10 PM
You know thats the second time someone asked about my journal . My coach never mentioned anything about a journal. when I go the receptionist weighs me . Afterwards he meets me out in the hall & says how's it going? We talk about 2mins in hall & he escorts me to the front desk to get my order. There's really no coaching. This website has been 100% more helpful!!

takers
05-09-2012, 08:15 PM
You know thats the second time someone asked about my journal . My coach never mentioned anything about a journal. when I go the receptionist weighs me . Afterwards he meets me out in the hall & says how's it going? We talk about 2mins in hall & he escorts me to the front desk to get my order. There's really no coaching. This website has been 100% more helpful!!

I have a similar situation as well. I brought my journal in the first week and my coach looked it over, but haven't brought it in since and she's not made any request for it. Truthfully I think it was because I was steadily losing so she probably thought that I was doing something right so we didn't need to review it. But I do agree that the 'coaching' I've received has been helpful but not the in depth discussion that I anticipated. This website has definitely helped to fill in the blanks and to give good recipe advice!

0ojoyo0

Hmm. It's up to you what you want to do, but I would try to find another coach. Your coach should be available to guide you. My coach, for example, gave me her personal cell number to call if I had any questions. I've only been on IP for a little over a week, so other people may have other advice.

smile2laugh
So is hat really the plan -- just one of those restricted items -- each day?
OMG
I was having a bar for breakfast - chili for lunch & cheddar curls later at night for snack holy cow - I really have been cheating!

0ojoyo0
05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
So is hat really the plan -- just one of those restricted items -- each day?
OMG
I was having a bar for breakfast - chili for lunch & cheddar curls later at night for snack holy cow - I really have been cheating!

Lol, oh no! I don't think you're supposed to have chili more than twice a week.

Sewmam
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello again everybody! I just made the most scrumptious dinner! My typical stir-fry vegees on a salad, but with fennel, mushrooms, green onions, green peppers, Ezekiel whole-grain penne pasta, turkey....on a bed of lettuce w/spinach and broco-slaw, a handful of fresh basil (food of the Gods...), WF sun-dried tomato dressing w/vinegar added, and some fat-free feta cheese to top it off. I tell ya, I could eat like this forever, and in fact, I think I will !

I found my jicama today. Now I have to figure out what to do with it! :)

Am going to play my dulcimer and sing at a dulcimer festival in a few weeks, and I want to look pretty. I went last year, but I look so much different now, that people won't recognize me. So I've been looking for just the right top to wear with a pair of jeans. Found the most amazing mulberry colored sleeveless shell with a sheer lacy overlay that is so beautiful. That just might be it...

And, I got all the stuff from the basement upstairs to the carport for Friday's garage sale. I still have to put it on shelves and put prices on it, but I have all day tomorrow to do that. I am properly exhausted but very happy.

Will try to read the updates from today before I conk out...

smile2laugh
05-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Good for you sewman - that is such a thrill getting something new (& smaller) to wear & looking great it in ! I'm looking forward to that !

prettygirlusaf
05-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I am so happy, checked the mail and my miracle noodles were here!! Its only been 13 days OP but I pretty much only drink the RTD Choc and Van drinks. A few other products here and there so I needed some kind of variety!! I put fresh spinach, celery, a chunk of onion and green pepper, 1 tomato, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper into the blendTek and made a sauce for the noodles!! Well it turned out to be a lot of sauce so I just made it a blended veggie soup with noodles. What a good change of pace!! Can't wait for my WF order to get here. I got the tomato basil sauce and the caramel sauce as well. I read a recipe for a mug cake that will go great with a dollop of caramel!!! I hope everyone had a great day!!!

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi IPeeps,

Just wanted to let everyone know, got an email from Walden Farms. The have Chocolate Peanut Spread now. Plus, that's their special until 5/22, a free jar with your order.

I buy my WF thru www.netrition.com. Costs are a lot less than WF website w/ flat 4.95 s&h (us).

Hello again everybody! I just made the most scrumptious dinner!
I found my jicama today. Now I have to figure out what to do with it! :)

Am going to play my dulcimer and sing at a dulcimer festival in a few weeks, and I want to look pretty.

And, I got all the stuff from the basement upstairs to the carport for Friday's garage sale. I still have to put it on shelves and put prices on it, but I have all day tomorrow to do that. I am properly exhausted but very happy.

Will try to read the updates from today before I conk out...
Sewmam, What a lovely post - so much good news on so many different levels!

Sewmam
05-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Surprise, surprise I lost 2.0 this week..

Congratulations Carol! You look beautiful!!!!

So I'm paying close attention to my attitude and moods.

Today was WI #6. It's another 'just -1 pound week'... but I'll take it!

Good for you! Your attitude will inspire so many here on the boards!

I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday.

I never did get the boost of energy that some folks get, but then again, I have chronic fatigue. Kinda hoped that would go away, but it didn't. Much easier to move though, less all that weight...

Hang in there! ;)

I'm at - 18 pounds at 5 weeks.
This is my 6th week and WOW do I want to hit that -20 mark!!!!

Congratulations! That's the attitude that will carry your through this. You can do this!!! :carrot:

Hi, Everyone;
Wanted to share my find this week....IP Tisane Tea.

I thought their tea was quite tasty but it costs so much! It has appetite suppressant stuff in it, but I didn't know it also helps with the big C. Good to know...

Just back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches which now puts me in the 170's :carrot:.

congrats Dana, and have a great visit with family!

4.8 in two weeks. I didn't go last week because of my two root canal's

Oh my...that's incredible progress and that you did it while having painful surgery is amazing...good for you!

I set up multiple goals for myself to keep me motivated. My goals are: 5%, 10%, etc; not overweight category; and weighing less than my husband-- a little embarrassing to admit that one out loud. I wanted to brag about my meeting my first goal-- I reached 5% in just 22 days!!!

Congratulations !!!! Yahoo!!!

Congratulations! I had to chuckle at the tooth thing...as I get older, I am finding everything sticks in between my teeth and I have to floss constantly. I joke that I'll end up eating puree of everything soon... ;)

Do whatever it takes to get the water in - it literally flushes the fat ketones out of your body. Last summer, I drank so much ice water that I hardly used the air conditioner.

hang in there...the mood swings are par for the course as the pounds melt away... You'll get through this and look gorgeous to boot! :carrot:

I was down 3lbs today..

congrats !!!! I think I saw a photo of that chicken pattie thing...looks interesting...

2nd week on P2 officially down and just got back from my WI i'm down 4lbs!!! What?! i was shocked lol. Tomorrow i start P3 (so excited to eat fruit lol)

Congratulations! I want to hear just how wonderful your breakfast is tomorrow...:carrot:

Today is my first day on ideal protein!!!

Welcome! Lots of wonderful people here who will help you and want to hear your progress, so keep coming back!

Well WI didn't go as well as I would have like, only down 2 lbs this week ..BUT I did go under 20 which was my first mini-goal. So I am excited about that :)

Good for you!!! Every pound lost is one that you should be darn proud of!

Can't wait for my WF order to get here. I got the tomato basil sauce and the caramel sauce as well.

Great to see somebody so excited! ;) You should try the spinach smoothies too. I've been making them with fresh spinach and fresh kale (I can't believe I'm eating kale...), and WF chocolate dip with the IP choc drink or pudding, or...IP butterscotch pudding and WF caramel dip. Throw in a bunch of ice and some water and you have a delicious soft-serve ice cream!

Tripmama: just the thought of raising triplets makes me feel tired....I'm so impressed!

Wuv: are you crazy busy at work or...out with your new boyfriend? ;)

salmongirl
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
AHH!

Its been, well a long time since I've posted or anything on here. I've been lurking but that's it.

Any advice?

I KNOW that it is because we are so close to onederland and the weight fairies are playing us! Don't worry, they will get bored and move on!

Sewmam
05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I buy my WF thru www.netrition.com. Costs are a lot less than WF website w/ flat 4.95 s&h (us).

Sewmam, What a lovely post - so much good news on so many different levels!

Thanks so much, Chloe. As usual, you are so thoughtful and kind. :hug:

jcjnjj
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
OMG! I just made FinnSteven's Tuna Patties for dinner. Talk about YUMMY!!!

lisabk
05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
WI today...lost 1.6 lbs. I'm actually pleasantly surprised because we went to a wedding on Saturday, and I ate some cheese and a piece of wedding cake. Back in the saddle and looking forward to next week. It's only my 2nd day on this forum, and I really enjoy reading everyone's comments and successes. It is inspiring. I love the comment someone made about a 1 pound of fat being the size of a coffee mug. Makes me feel even better about my weight loss. Thanks ladies!

Tammywhiz
05-09-2012, 10:08 PM

I weigh and record every day too. I don't let the scale rule. I weigh in for my "official" results on thursday evening, dressed, as with my first official IP weigh in (I am going the road on my own now) I use my birthday suit monday morning weight for the challenge, makes 2 official weigh ins per week. I think it keeps me on track and I don't allow the increases to get me down especially when I know that I am 100%

auroragrl
05-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Pudding - is not my favorite, but got a few for snacks - any yummy ideas?

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi everybody !
Yes, it's just one restricted item per day, period. If you choose oatmeal for breakfast for example, then no more of any of the restricted items for the rest of the day. You can choose from any of the restricted items, but only one per day. I always pick the bar, and have it for breakfast. If you have been eating more than one restricted item per day for the last 7 weeks, then I wouldn't call it cheating because your coach didn't explain it very well to you, but now you know.

Every night my snack is a vanilla pudding made into a shake (yes, I am a creature of habit). I put 5 oz water, and the pudding powder in my magic bullet, add 8 ice cubes, cinnamon and some liquid Stevia English toffee flavoring. Thick and delicious. Yum! That's my favorite, but there are quite a few recipes out there with the different flavor puddings.

KitKat169
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Finally checking in for the day. Again, it is going to be a late night trying to catch up on all the posts I've missed during the day!

Great news for my WI today and 4lbs down. This was after a gain last week and still dealing with much of the same stresses at work so I am thrilled.

WingnutandMe
05-09-2012, 11:12 PM

Hi, here are a few I've collected up.

Molly

sandwich with the vanilla pudding
1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with Pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until cooked

blueberry muffins with pudding
Beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Add 2 oz water, 1/2 pkg Splenda, a shake of cinnamon. Beat until mixed. Fold in 1/2 tsp baking powder and a blueberry pudding packet (dry). Spray 3 muffin tins with Pam and fill with batter. Cook at 350 F for 15 mins.

Jennydoodle pudding cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

(2) notes:
1). I have only tried this with Lemon, Butterscotch and Vanilla puddings. They have all turned out excellent! I haven't tried with Chocolate because I don't really care for the chocolate pudding, it is very chalky to me.
2). If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water so that the cakes bake evenly.

Today I made chocolate pudding cakes with a little cinnamon and coconut extract with one splenda. I only used one egg white.

Pudding Cookies and S'Mores

And idea to have your own s'mores:

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with Pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)
cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)
They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well though.
You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.
Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.
Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Non restricted pudding Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 4 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat griddle or skillet.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Mix all other ingredients. The batter should not be runny but a nice consistency to pour onto the griddle/skillet
4. Cook until brown on one side and then flip.

With the lemon pudding, I canít decide whether I like the WF Pancake syrup or the WF Blueberry syrup the best, so I do half and half.

Key Lime Tarts-(Phases 1-4)

(Maple Oatmeal)
Equivalent to 2 Ideal Protein servings
Makes approximately 6 tarts

Ingredients:
Filling
4 + 1 packets of True Lime flavoring (approximately 1 level teaspoon)
3 ounces of water
Splenda or Stevia, to taste
1 packet of Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding

Crust
1 packet of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
1 egg white
1 to 1 1/2 ounces of water

Meringue
2 egg whites for meringue

Mini-muffin baking cups
Non-stick spray

Preparation:
Filling: dissolve True Lime flavoring in water. Add a little Stevia or Splenda to taste. The taste should be sweet but tart. Add the contents of one Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding and mix well until smooth. No lumps. The consistency will be thicker than your normal pudding. Cover and refrigerate.
For the crust: pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the packet of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal with the egg white and water, just enough for a stiff but manageable dough to form. Lightly coat your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Moisten your hands(if you don't, the 'dough' will stick to your fingers) and form little balls using approximately 2 to 3 teaspoons of dough. Place one dough ball in each baking cup. Press dough down as thinly as possible across the bottom and the sides forming a little 'cup'(the dough will "poof" a little during baking). Bake for approximately 5 minutes or longer, if necessary. For crispy tart shells, remove them from the muffin tin and place them upside down on top of the tin and bake for a few more minutes until golden brown. If the cup cake shells are too thick, don't bother, as they will be too hard. Cool on a wire rack. Take key lime filing out of the refrigerator and stir in the last packet of True Lime flavoring to give your filling an extra tangy Florida key lime bite.
For the meringue: beat two egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fill 'pastry' shells till not quite full. Garnish with a small dollop of meringue and a tiny slice of paper-thin slice of fresh lime.

paulimapi
05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I've been so hungry today :( I just felt like there was nothing in my stomach at all, even after I'd just ate. And I've chugged water like crazy, I've been peeing every 15 min lol
I'm drinking tea now so maybe that'll help make me feel fuller since it's warm.
I hope I don't get this hungry everyday, it sucks. I've got absolutely no desire to cheat though, I just know I'd never forgive myself, so that's good.

fam4me
05-09-2012, 11:41 PM

Good luck on all WI's

I also thought there would me no loss for me either, but turned out it was 3.0...Love those kind of surprises!

fam4me
05-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Wingnut.....thanks for posting those recipes....always looking for new ones to try!
WI #8 tonight and lost 3 pounds. I was able to do a little "shopping" in my closet!

Samba
05-09-2012, 11:56 PM
I also thought there would me no loss for me either, but turned out it was 3.0...Love those kind of surprises!

Really good!! Buh bye 3 lbs! WTG !!! :cheer:

mooselover
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
GM IPeeps!
It's at least sunny here today with NO wind, finally! Hopefully we will hit summer soon, we have had a really long spring this year.
Had a NSV today when I got dressed for work I realized I needed to notch up my belt again! No more notches left... I guess I will have to go shopping! Darn!
I got my hair cut and styled, and I feel pretty.
I have noticed that I was pretty emotional three days this week, I am hoping for a good WI.
Are there any other IPeeps in my area?
Congrats to all on accomplishments!

Well Hello!!! I am in North Pole, Alaska too :)

DanafromAustin
05-10-2012, 12:51 AM
I've been so hungry today :( I just felt like there was nothing in my stomach at all, even after I'd just ate. And I've chugged water like crazy, I've been peeing every 15 min lol
I'm drinking tea now so maybe that'll help make me feel fuller since it's warm.
I hope I don't get this hungry everyday, it sucks. I've got absolutely no desire to cheat though, I just know I'd never forgive myself, so that's good.
I think I remember you are within the first few days of IP? If so, once ketosis really kicks in the hunger for the most part will go away. You still have to have your all of your food, but it sure feels good not to have that persistent hunger.

auroragrl
05-10-2012, 12:51 AM

I used to live in Fairbanks and Kotzebue - back in my home state now! I miss the Santa Clause House

takers
05-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I made Cauliflower Rice for dinner tonight and was surprised at how yummy it was. DH even mentioned that he thought it was pretty good and would like to have it for dinner instead of just regular steamed cauliflower. So thankful for this as I had a hard time eating cooked cauliflower.

LizRR
05-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Well, late night for me. Been doing quick catchup, my dad has been in town this week and we have taken advantage of the extra hand and gotten stuff done! Crazy random, I found a squirrel in my shower this afternoon! They'd been chewing up our siding which we just replaced and must have trapped him in the attic...lucky us, he found his way out!

I think Wuv is still at her family reunion wowing it up! I miss her!

And just fyi, I do weigh myself at home occasionally. But I don't take the numbers personally. Maybe its the logical engineer in me, but I know I am OP, I know the numbers jump down 'stairstep' style, and I know that water retention, tom, etc all normalize over a few weeks. This program works, I've got 9 weeks of data to prove it. I expect the ups and downs.

If seeing the occassional blip is going to disappoint, discourage, and sabotage you then STAY OFF THE DAILY SCALE. You will not see a loss every day, you will be the same, maybe gain some, then a few days later drop crazy weight. If tom looms (like mine is in a few days), odds are you will have an off week that you will make up. Sewmam, Wuv, and others are proof that if you stay the course IT WORKS!

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 04:32 AM

Awesome! Have you been to any restaurants yet? What did you order?
The only place I have heard about that is IP "friendly" is miguels.

It's nice to have someone in the same area to compare notes with! It was so nice out today, could almost be called warm.

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 04:34 AM
I used to live in Fairbanks and Kotzebue - back in my home state now! I miss the Santa Clause House

It has changed, and expanded. There is an ice park there now too.

Cole3
05-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I made Cauliflower Rice for dinner tonight and was surprised at how yummy it was. DH even mentioned that he thought it was pretty good and would like to have it for dinner instead of just regular steamed cauliflower. So thankful for this as I had a hard time eating cooked cauliflower.

I made that last night too ... I didn't really have too high hopes for it but it was SO GOOD!!!! And it was super easy ... I was too lazy to pull out my food processor so I grated the cauliflower by hand but even with that it took no time to make and was so worth it :)

reneepw
05-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I visited North Pole last year! Loved it! I now have a very pretty hand made ornament for my Christmas tree to remember the trip. I visited U of Alaska (they are a client) and loved the area.

sunshinered
05-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Good luck on all WI's

Love your new picture!

takers
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I made that last night too ... I didn't really have too high hopes for it but it was SO GOOD!!!! And it was super easy ... I was too lazy to pull out my food processor so I grated the cauliflower by hand but even with that it took no time to make and was so worth it :)

We don't have a food processor (I just never feel like paying that much money for an item I rarely use) so I also grated the cauliflower by end. I ended up adding an egg, minced onion, and some soy sauce to the mixture to make it a little more like Chinese fried rice. I do think it would have been better had I added in real onions, though. Maybe next time!