Announcements and Forum Help! - can't access website from work

View Full Version : can't access website from work

Dee2
05-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi all,

I was on the ideal protein forum for a while last year and enjoyed the support. I recently tried to access the site from work and I get the "banned for spamming" message. Can someone help? I know I certainly didn't advertise any products or services so I don't understand. Please help

Dee

Suzanne 3FC
05-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Did you sign up for more than one account? You can use the same account (Dee2) from any computer, and that account has not been banned. If you created a second account, there might be a problem with it which I can't check since I don't know the name. Sign in with Dee2 at work :)

mandalinn82
05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd also recommend clearing your internet history and cookies on the work computer. There's no reason you should be getting a ban message on that username.

Suzanne 3FC
05-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Good point, Amanda! Some members have reported seeing cached pages, which could include a banned message intended for someone else. If you click the logout link and then log in as yourself, you should be fine.

Dee2
05-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys...but I can't even get to the site to sign in. I have in the past but I can't now. As soon as I enter the website manually or search in google and click on it...I get the banned for spamming message and it won't even let me read the site let alone post.

mandalinn82
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
You don't need to be on the site to clear your cookies and internet history. You can do that from your browser, from any website.

Dee2
05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Well I didn't clear anything out and now I can go on again. Thanks if you fixed it :)

Dee